dragonite/empyreal star

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Because its easy to get 450 in one of the 3 crafting disciplines. I enjoy my 250+ bloodstone bricks and 80+ of each dragonite bars and empyrial stars.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

We need more things to use them on or to atleast be able to sell them. Myself and tons and tons of other people have gotten to the point we just destroy them. They take up inventory space.

Without giving any specifics, I’d highly recommend you change that strategy. There are things coming soon that will give you lots to spend it on.

I get a ton of empyreal fragments from WvW. I’m glad we’re starting to see new uses for bloodstone dust, but I hope we see new uses for empyreal fragments too.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Why cant Anet just add these to the freaking wallet!? This would solve SOOO many problems.

Because they’re crafting components and not currency. You can’t craft with currencies, so that would actually break every use for them.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

DO NOT DESTROY ANY ASCENDED MATS!

R.I.P Kumu <3

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

The math is not very strong in you.

No need for insults, I didn’t calculate the 10% others did in other parts of the forum.

Believing statements by random people without question is the leading cause of stupidity.

Trying to support an argument by doing simplistic calculations that don’t take everything into account is hardly more intelligent. The folks who have done the math have laid it all out here on the forums for everyone to see. The fact that you weren’t able to follow it, or care enough to find it, doesn’t make everyone else stupid.

It does, however, say something about you …

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

No need for insults, I didn’t calculate the 10% others did in other parts of the forum.

Believing statements by random people without question is the leading cause of stupidity.

Trying to support an argument by doing simplistic calculations that don’t take everything into account is hardly more intelligent. The folks who have done the math have laid it all out here on the forums for everyone to see. The fact that you weren’t able to follow it, or care enough to find it, doesn’t make everyone else stupid.

You seem like an angry little person, try reading my original post. A guy speculated on the increase in armor value for ascended armor. I stated that it would likely be 5% since the increase in damage value for weapons was 5%. Guy responds to me and says it isn’t 5%, it’s at least 10% and provides no evidence or calculation. I show that the increase in damage value from exotic to ascended weapons is exactly 5% with a simple calculation to support my original claim that the increase in armor value will most likely be 5%. Then some person frustrated with his life comes in here and spews a lot of garbage that makes no sense in the context of my statement. Work on the reading comprehension skills bud.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

You seem like an angry little person, try reading my original post. A guy speculated on the increase in armor value for ascended armor. I stated that it would likely be 5% since the increase in damage value for weapons was 5%. Guy responds to me and says it isn’t 5%, it’s at least 10% and provides no evidence or calculation. I show that the increase in damage value from exotic to ascended weapons is exactly 5% with a simple calculation to support my original claim that the increase in armor value will most likely be 5%. Then some person frustrated with his life comes in here and spews a lot of garbage that makes no sense in the context of my statement. Work on the reading comprehension skills bud.

Not angry … just intolerant of ignorance and bullying. The guy said that “the increase in damage” (i.e., the net damage effect on your enemy, which is all anyone not you would care about) was closer to 10%, which it is. You considered only the base weapon damage (simplistic) to get your 5% and then called him math-challenged and stupid for taking the word of someone other than you. The folks who have calculated the 10% (actually 10.3% if I remember correctly) laid out the math in great detail and anyone who wanted to should have been able to understand it … it isn’t “random” to follow the math and accept the conclusion.

He was right, you were wrong, and you insulted him. So who’s the sorry little person here?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Where did I say I believed a simple statement? The math has been set out. You know what they say about assumptions.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Why do you nerf destroy item strategy?

If you didn’t care before, why start now?

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Max damage on Ascended GS = 1155
Max damage on Exotic GS = 1100

% increase = (1155 – 1100)/1100 = 0.05 = 5%

Cheery picking and minimal base arguments to get your point across will fool no one.

It is true that the weapon damage from Exotic to Ascended on all weapons have been increased by a base 5%. If you include the stats (most important ones include: Power, Precision and Critical Damage) the damage will be a lot higher in most situations.

If you follow the thread that I wrote and was locked you will see the proof for a Backstab build Thief. Please note, this is not even the maximum you could achieve. You could easily change the runes to have a even greater effect.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Exotic-Vs-Currently-Available-Ascended/first

The damage difference will vary from class to class, but you can say ultimately the base change is 5% on weapons alone with a overall damage difference in the range of 8-14% on critical hits depending on your build.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood.3214

Doctor Feelgood.3214

PLEASE make sure that whatever system you add that gives us “plenty to spend it on” accomodates those who have been dutifully crafting it up to store it. I would not enjoy being punished for turning my buttload of dust into (nearly) a stack of bricks instead of taking up 50 bank slots with it.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Why cant Anet just add these to the freaking wallet!? This would solve SOOO many problems.

Because they’re crafting components and not currency. You can’t craft with currencies, so that would actually break every use for them.

But you can craft trinkets with Dungeon tokens.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

We need more things to use them on or to atleast be able to sell them. Myself and tons and tons of other people have gotten to the point we just destroy them. They take up inventory space.

Without giving any specifics, I’d highly recommend you change that strategy. There are things coming soon that will give you lots to spend it on.

As long as it’s not ascended armor, I’ll be happy.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

I second this.

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Yes but we can’t have 5 character full of this kitten. You really need to improve the storage dimension. 250 is, trust me, nothing.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Dragonite, dragonite, where for art thou dragonite?

Need 1500 for a set of armor, and you get 3-5 from a keep lord?!?

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

You have to PvE for dragonite. There’s no real alternative. Just resign yourself to hitting a bunch of temples every day, and use the appropriate websites/ overlays to ensure you can time it correctly.

The good news is that ascended armor offers a very small upgrade, so lacking it is not a disaster.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

lujate.5432

The good news is that ascended armor offers a very small upgrade, so lacking it is not a disaster.

Unfortunately, I already leveled to 500, so I kind of feel compelled to see it thru.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

Unfortunately, I already leveled to 500, so I kind of feel compelled to see it thru.

Make the best of it, then. Sell your damask as you make it at the current hilarious price. Once the rich and impatient are geared, craft your own tiny upgrades next month

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

You have to PvE for dragonite. There’s no real alternative. Just resign yourself to hitting a bunch of temples every day, and use the appropriate websites/ overlays to ensure you can time it correctly.

From full exotic to full ascended is quite noticeable but if you have trinkets and a weapon then the armor makes vaery little difference.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Has soon happened yet or do I still need to hold onto them?

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

I hope so, because I am closing in on 2.5k dragonite ore now from just playing WvW. The ascended armor will drop that a bit, but it takes 1 month to craft so it’ll be up again by that time. Chestplate done <3

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

lujate.5432

Make the best of it, then. Sell your damask as you make it at the current hilarious price. Once the rich and impatient are geared, craft your own tiny upgrades next month

Now there’s an idea! I do have another Gift of Exploration burning a hole in my bank. I’m sure I can find something to spend the gold on.

From full exotic to full ascended is quite noticeable but if you have trinkets and a weapon then the armor makes vaery little difference.

I have a Legendary and three Ascended trinkets, so I’m kind of in the middle.

AFAIK, nothing yet.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Rex.8954

Rex.8954

For Empyreal Farming Methods & Locations – Click Here

For Dragonite, help kill Jormag, Shatterer and Tequatl

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

The next earliest game update is Jan 21. I am guessing it will be some time after that before we see whatever it was Devon was hinting at

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

what was this referring to?… Still have lots of dust/starts sitting waiting…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Go to the crafting station and refine them already?

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Go to the crafting station and refine them already?

already got 50 bricks/stars etc… I really don’t use crafting to make mats and do buy orders instead. It would b nice to use the emp/bricks to some t6 mats or something

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Just let people buy Dragonite for Badges, problem solved.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Woodsman Silencio.9361

Woodsman Silencio.9361

The increase in damage going from exotic to ascended weapons is 5%,

Its actually at least 10%.

With asc armor the actual stats may not be that much of an advantage I would think the greatest advantage is going to be in the increase in base armor values.

Max damage on Ascended GS = 1155
Max damage on Exotic GS = 1100

% increase = (1155 – 1100)/1100 = 0.05 = 5%

There is another issue at hand here too. It’s called relativity.

You base your increase on the relation between Ascended and Exotic.

If you however take the white GS as base for the calculation you get:

Max Damage on White GS = 670
Max Damage on Exotic GS = 1,100
Max Damage on Ascended GS = 1,155

Exotic GS is then ( 1,100 / 670 ) * 100% = 164%
Ascended GS is then ( 1,155/670 ) *100% = 172%

The difference then is 8%

Personally i prefer to make the calculations this way, because making the white weapons/armors/trinkets to be the base for your calculations gives a fixed point for what is 100%.

it’s just a side note though in the greater scheme of discussions.

have fun.

Co-founder and Co-leader of: Global Guild of Dark.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Who uses a white greatsword? Playing with numbers is fun.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: CeNedro.7560

CeNedro.7560

Still got tons of that junk. So when is coming that ascended-mats-sink mentioned here?

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Honestly it would be great if we could craft wxp or regular xp potions with these. Way too many sitting in my bank that will never be used.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Still got tons of that junk. So when is coming that ascended-mats-sink mentioned here?

Soon™

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

DO NOT DESTROY ANY ASCENDED MATS!

Really? There wouldn’t be a single slot in my bags on any of my characters if I kept all of the ascended materials that anet won’t allow me to accumulate in a normal manner.

Empyreal’s in chests is insanely horrid – I don’t need them – I have stacks and stacks and stacks now.

We need stuff we CAN use, not ascended materials many will never use.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: DDRitter.1872

DDRitter.1872

That was eight months ago. I would like a definition of “soon” by any ANet spokesperson. I’m literally (not literally) drowning in Dragonites/Bloodstones/Empyreals.

Please, allow us to recycle that into something useful, like luck, agony resistance or my favorite: thermocatalytic reagents!

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

almost had a hart attack seeing that red post on 1st page… then reason kicked in and i knew it must be necromancy…

soon, we are working on it.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The last post is only 3 months old? Cmon… You necros can do better than that.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

almost had a hart attack seeing that red post on 1st page… then reason kicked in and i knew it must be necromancy…

soon, we are working on it.

That was almost word for word what I was going to say. It would be nice if they came up with something though, crafting is stupid and boring, I’m not going to waste my game time doing it.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

That was eight months ago. I would like a definition of “soon” by any ANet spokesperson. I’m literally (not literally) drowning in Dragonites/Bloodstones/Empyreals.

Please, allow us to recycle that into something useful, like luck, agony resistance or my favorite: thermocatalytic reagents!

The same definition of soon that they used in the commander CDI thread in relation to quick wins.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Hey Devon, 8 months have passed and i am still destroying your useless loot. That and the crappy spike.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

What to do… I could use the space in my bank. Listnen to Devon and keep them because soon I will have lots of options to spend it on? Hope we dont have to wait an other 8 months to get some clarification.

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Got to admit, had to open it just to remember what a dev’s comment on wvw looked like.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

I have been faithfully collecting every emprireal star and dragonite ore I’ve come across. Just recently bough out the last of the bank tabs just to store it.

For the lord told his flock to keep them and so we shall!

For he will descend from the break and meeting room and once more shine upon us faithful few and strike down the nonbelievers!

In the name of the Devon, his son the dev and the holy wvw team.

Soon.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

kitten Necro. I got all excited inside!

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

was this last dev-comment before the introduction of ascended armor? How many stacks of ascended mats do I need for a full set? I guess I can delete most of the stacks I’ve got (actually it’s more than (edit) 3 full bank-tabs) :-/

Edit: looked it up myself, you need 1500 Dragonite ore, Empyrial Fragment and Bloodstone dust for 1 full ascended set. This equals 6 stacks of each… I guess I have a empty bank soon

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’m short on Dragonite as I have made multiple sets of gear, can someone send me some?

Oh wait, they made it account bound, and have yet to see the error of their ways!

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’m short on Dragonite as I have made multiple sets of gear, can someone send me some?

Oh wait, they made it account bound, and have yet to see the error of their ways!

I’d rather see those accoundbound materials being salvageable into t5/rarely t6 mats.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s been 8 months. If we had keep the Ascended materials all that time we would have filled our inventory bank 10 times over.

What is taking so long?

dragonite/empyreal star

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Without giving specifics…you need to learn what the definition of “soon” is in Anet terms.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.