Congrats Kiel

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

While the Citizen of Tyria for a Better Tomorrow Tomorrow fully support Evon we must congratulate Kiel on a well earned victory.

“Well earned” ?!?! HAHAHA! That’s a good one. Next time, don’t let your ‘election results’ leak out a week before the votes are allegedly tallied. You should also begin random ‘honor testing’ of all your employees. You know, give each one a folder with differing, false ‘release information’. It will make it much easier to root out the offenders in the future.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

While the Citizen of Tyria for a Better Tomorrow Tomorrow fully support Evon we must congratulate Kiel on a well earned victory.

Nope.

Screw the whole voting thing. You guys round filed a good concept of a fractal, gambling it on a vote. Now it’ll never be made.

You tied voting on the fractal to an event where people who DON’T EVEN RUN FRACTALS voted on it and people who chose Ellen for whatever other reason other than the fractal get to decide what content people who do run fractals get to do.

This was a massive screwup.

yisss. but i guess kiel has kittens so she deserves it right?

:’(

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

pullnointer.1476

That and the people who voted Kiel as a way of ‘saying no to the chests on the store’ in some weird sticking it to the man way like the fictional NPC is the one that puts stuff on the store.

are there actually people who exist and said this?

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Nope.

Screw the whole voting thing. You guys round filed a good concept of a fractal, gambling it on a vote. Now it’ll never be made.

You tied voting on the fractal to an event where people who DON’T EVEN RUN FRACTALS voted on it and people who chose Ellen for whatever other reason other than the fractal get to decide what content people who do run fractals get to do.

This was a massive screwup.

yisss. but i guess kiel has kittens so she deserves it right?

:’(

Nope even if she has baby charrs rooting for her she doesn’t deserve it.

Pineapples

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

pullnointer.1476

Here I’ll make it simple in case next time you want to make the stupid mistake of putting concepts to vote and then trashing the losing concept forever:

1 vote ticket is dropped in the daily chest for each tier of fractals beyond 10. So at level 10 fractals you’d get 1 vote, level 20, 2 votes.

This way people who are at level 48 would get potentially 10 votes a day, where people who barely scratch the surface of fractals would get 1 vote a day, and people who don’t run them at all don’t get to vote.

Well that’s unfair as well as apparently this story is going to affect more than just a fractal.

like waypoint costs for a month?

xDDDDDDDD

xD

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Trent.6732

Trent.6732

If there’s ever another thing like this again perhaps we can have the end time a little more apparent next time? I checked the event page and the gw2 twitter last night and didn’t see anything about it ending at 11 until I was already at work this morning.

I’m not trying to be a sore loser or anything but on top of not getting to turn my votes in I wasted gems on a kit.

Anyway grats to the Kiel supporters.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Serial.7128

Serial.7128

Decked, you do realize you just broke several rules in your post because you are mad at something in a game didn’t go your way!? Wow, very offensive. I enjoy reading on these forums every day, but stuff like this makes me want to not read these forums. I come here to see what the devs say, to read on current events, and for helpful hints. I wish people would be more appreciative of this game. You get how many hours of entertainment for a relatively low price?

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

Evon supporters do seem to be more fanatic…

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: leviathonlx.2437

leviathonlx.2437

That and the people who voted Kiel as a way of ‘saying no to the chests on the store’ in some weird sticking it to the man way like the fictional NPC is the one that puts stuff on the store.

are there actually people who exist and said this?

Saw it repeated quite a bit on Tarnished Coast.

i have a feeling that all the super toxic people on this thread are the same ones that would be complaining about how the abbadon fractal didnt live up to super hyped expectations, or how it devalued perfectly good lore that should have been left alone, if evon had won.

While not being one of the toxic people I’ll admit I wanted Evon to win less because of a fractal I wouldn’t even do and more since I find humans to be boring.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Evon supporters do seem to be more fanatic…

They only really support the Abaddon fractal. If Kiel had the Abaddon fractal on her list instead of Gnashblade, she would’ve had a landslide victory. That fractal was the only thing that kept him relevant.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Congrats to the Kiel supports although i was not one of them. I’ll be rocking my Evon support buttons till the last drop.

Hey Anet ?

Would it be possible to make a choice between one of two permanent buttons that the player can turn on and off showing what candidate we truly supported in the historic gw2 election?

I mean now that the election is over it doesn’t matter and it would be something cool to show future players who we truly supported during this event as a lot of people went after both minis(and i doubt you’ll have another buff that displays a face so unique looking as well).

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Would it be possible to make a choice between one of two permanent buttons that the player can turn on and off showing what candidate we truly supported in the historic gw2 election?

You can just buy them off the TP if you want. They’re pretty cheap already, will probably be dirt cheap pretty soon. I don’t think they’ll become non-functional unless I missed some sort of information in that regard.

So you should be able to get both if you really want.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I think the hardcore in their little echo box of awesome assumed early on it was going to be a landside for Evon.

Who wouldn’t want the Fractal Evon promised? In reality it’s who cares about fractals. Hint, not the majority of players. So that wasn’t a factor.

BLC keys have fallen out of favor, unless the discount was extreme I wouldn’t care. I likely won’t notice the waypoint discount but everyone does use them. So so very slight lean to Ellen.

In the end it was just that Ellen just seemed more trust worthy while Evon came off as Lex Luthor. So Ellen takes the vote.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kutlass.8510

Kutlass.8510

Anyone know what the final tally was? I only heard it was 48% Evon to 52% Kiel a week ago.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

In sheeps clothing.
You played us Cartwright! You were supporting Kiel all along!

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

You can just buy them off the TP if you want. They’re pretty cheap already, will probably be dirt cheap pretty soon. I don’t think they’ll become non-functional unless I missed some sort of information in that regard.

So you should be able to get both if you really want.

O Didn’t even know about those thanks and hell no im not gonna get a kiel button everything about her annoys me but I’ll leave that to another thread.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

A round up on Abaddon is what 48% of the TALLIED VOTES showed.

Fixed that for you.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Villious.8530

—kitten——Y—O—U—

This has got to be the worst thing I’ve seen on these forums. Enjoy your ban.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Yeah congratulations to Ellen and most importantly congratulations to Magnus, the guy that will make all her decissions and that virtually got 2 votes breaking the council balance, not getting funds to replace Theo Ashford’s money as Kiel is just an employee and more militar representation in the government of a city that will progress slowly with less funds… that story sounds really familiar and it doesn’t tend to end well…

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

I know they would deny it, but I would bet heavily that this whole election thing was fixed in the first place. Due to the fact they have to plan what they are doing in this next patch, and they can’t have a person win and change everything at the last minute.

We mentioned that we will build the fractal the winner supports and will put it into the game towards the end of the year, not the next update.

i don’t trust a thing Anet tells us, nor do i care who ‘won’ the election
if i wasn’t working on achievement tokens lately, this would have been a Beyond useless living story

i have a feeling that all the super toxic people on this thread are the same ones that would be complaining about how the abbadon fractal didnt live up to super hyped expectations, or how it devalued perfectly good lore that should have been left alone, if evon had won.

+1 thumbs up
i can’t even express the hilarity of this thread
i actually Somewhat like this game, i can’t relate at all though to the people whining over this

if gw2 was a more captivating and lore filled game then i might actually know what Abaddon is

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Grats Kiel folks. I was honestly real torn over the election because I wanted Evons stuff but hated how he acted. I voted for Evon but am kind of glad Kiel won. Hopefully they don’t pull something and have her turn out to be a heel.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I know they would deny it, but I would bet heavily that this whole election thing was fixed in the first place. Due to the fact they have to plan what they are doing in this next patch, and they can’t have a person win and change everything at the last minute.

We mentioned that we will build the fractal the winner supports and will put it into the game towards the end of the year, not the next update.

i don’t trust a thing Anet tells us, nor do i care who ‘won’ the election
if i wasn’t working on achievement tokens lately, this would have been a Beyond useless living story

+1 thumbs up
i can’t even express the hilarity of this thread
i actually Somewhat like this game, i can’t relate at all though to the people whining over this

if gw2 was a more captivating and lore filled game then i might actually know what Abaddon is

“Speak not to me of Abaddon, blackest of hearts, basest of fiends. Who else amongst the hosts of the traitors embraced damm nation with such a fierce glee?”

+1 for the first person to get that quote. True nerds, unite!!!!

Silly filter lol

A L T S
Skritt Happens

(edited by Omnitek.3876)

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

I placed hundreds of votes for Kiel as a very deliberate way of saying TO ARENANET that their gambling boxes are not welcome in this game. They are not welcome in any game.

I wasn’t sticking it to any fictional character. I was responding to a survey that the developers put in front of me.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

I honestly could care less about the content that was promised by the two candidates. I voted for Evon based on the quality of his character design over Kiel. Kiel is really annoying and would prefer not seeing her ever again…

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Villious.8530

I think the hardcore in their little echo box of awesome assumed early on it was going to be a landside for Evon.

Who wouldn’t want the Fractal Evon promised? In reality it’s who cares about fractals. Hint, not the majority of players. So that wasn’t a factor.

BLC keys have fallen out of favor, unless the discount was extreme I wouldn’t care. I likely won’t notice the waypoint discount but everyone does use them. So so very slight lean to Ellen.

In the end it was just that Ellen just seemed more trust worthy while Evon came off as Lex Luthor. So Ellen takes the vote.

You, and other players like you, are exactly the reason why people who wanted the Abaddon fractal are so vehemently angry right now. Because people who don’t even run fractals decided which fractal they have to run. Fractals are picked at random, so you will be forced with a choice: Run the fractal you don’t want, or quit the group. You put this on fractal runners when you don’t even care about fractals, when in fact, the fractal is the ONLY bit of permanent content to come from this vote. The consequences of your vote for yourself are transient, they will go away. The consequence for fractal runners are enduring.

That is why we hate you, and every player like you. Would you like us to choose your personal story for you, and have the choice you want be thrown out and force you to run the story you don’t like?

We all paid our money for this game. We vote as we choose, for reasons we choose. If you can say you “hate” someone because of this game……well……maybe you need to take a step back and do some RL reevaluation.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I placed hundreds of votes for Kiel as a very deliberate way of saying TO ARENANET that their gambling boxes are not welcome in this game. They are not welcome in any game.

I wasn’t sticking it to any fictional character. I was responding to a survey that the developers put in front of me.

and you’re the other kind of player who I absolutely despise. This competition wasn’t about RNG or not RNG, realistically the only real consequence of the vote was which fractal got made and which one got round filed.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Devildoc.6721

You, and other players like you, are exactly the reason why people who wanted the Abaddon fractal are so vehemently angry right now. Because people who don’t even run fractals decided which fractal they have to run. Fractals are picked at random, so you will be forced with a choice: Run the fractal you don’t want, or quit the group. You put this on fractal runners when you don’t even care about fractals, when in fact, the fractal is the ONLY bit of permanent content to come from this vote. The consequences of your vote for yourself are transient, they will go away. The consequence for fractal runners are enduring.

That is why we hate you, and every player like you. Would you like us to choose your personal story for you, and have the choice you want be thrown out and force you to run the story you don’t like?

We all paid our money for this game. We vote as we choose, for reasons we choose. If you can say you “hate” someone because of this game……well……maybe you need to take a step back and do some RL reevaluation.

You aren’t participating in the content you voted on. I do, I have to experience the consequences of your vote.

Like I said, would you want me choosing what content you do and don’t get to do, when I have no stake in that content myself?

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

You guys know that Having kiel win is like forcing people to give up on the game lore. She is one of the most boring character of all. Now the lore just plainly suck. You guys make the worst choices ever.

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Villious.8530

You aren’t participating in the content you voted on. I do, I have to experience the consequences of your vote.

Like I said, would you want me choosing what content you do and don’t get to do, when I have no stake in that content myself?

When a President wins that I didn’t vote for, I have to experience his policies….like them or not. It’s called life, and it’s not always fair. You’ll learn that as you grow up. We all get the same opportunity to vote, and my reason for said vote doesn’t have to coincide with yours. If you’d like to reimburse me my $60 I paid for the game, I’ll be happy to change my vote. If not, please continue to QQ.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Devildoc.6721

When a President wins that I didn’t vote for, I have to experience his policies….like them or not. It’s called life, and it’s not always fair. You’ll learn that as you grow up. We all get the same opportunity to vote, and my reason for said vote doesn’t have to coincide with yours. If you’d like to reimburse me my $60 I paid for the game, I’ll be happy to change my vote. If not, please continue to QQ.

This isn’t real world politics, moderators have said not to discuss real world politics here.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Villious.8530

This isn’t real world politics, moderators have said not to discuss real world politics here.

Your obviously not gonna get it kid. Carry on…..

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: nehezbegar.1065

nehezbegar.1065

I hope Kiel dies soon, hate her design(story background). I hope Evon won’t be forgotten and he will have his 5 minutes, for me best character so far in then whole GW2.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

and you’re the other kind of player who I absolutely despise. This competition wasn’t about RNG or not RNG, realistically the only real consequence of the vote was which fractal got made and which one got round filed.

Rubbish.

The competition – just like a real election – was about several different things, all of which have different degrees of importance to different people.

I could easily say that I despise you, because this competition wasn’t about one fractal which might be cool or might suck over another fractal which might be cool or might suck; that realistically the only consequence was whether the playerbase endorsed the practice of marketing real-money gambling to children.

I won’t, though. Although I will add that if the only real consequence of the vote was which fractal got made and which one got round filed, I’m not sure you have any grounds to complain – the fractal which is going to get made is the one that the majority of the public votes were cast for. It’s a shame that the minority that wanted to see the Fall of Abaddon will miss out, but it would be a bigger shame if the majority that wanted the Reactor fractal missed out.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Sigh….I suppose.

I reckon.

this fractal better be something amazing, and those waypoints better cost next to nothing.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

NO! The fractal better be absolutely terrible and everyone should suffer!

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

Congratulations for what? For waypoint cost reduction, or a fractal that has no relevance to the game. God knows why they make us choose between both fractals and not do the right thing and do both, especially after livestreaming how big their development team is getting. I am disappointed that again lore is being forsaken for a few copper, way to disappoint yet again.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

LOL, Cheshirefox. Me, too.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Even I have to say this outcome is completely bogus.

Kiel is boring. Very, boring. We now have some bumbling “do-gooder” on the Captain’s Council. A council made up of pirates.
We put a cop, a puppet cop, in a council of robbers.

Unless this fractal about the reactor serves as some big “foreshadowing” event about who caused it and be all mysterious, then this sucks.

And we already know, already know the majority of folks who voted for Kiel just wanted reduced waypoint costs.
And we already know what’s gonna happen.

If the price isn’t reduced a lot, they’re gonna complain.
Once the price returns to normal, they’re gonna complain.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Since she’s a warrior is she going to buff that profession now? Other than that goodbye future discounts that probably would’ve of been doubled.

She is a guardian. A class which needed in higher fractals.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i for one am rather interested in why a huge chunk of Maguuma is blown apart
in the present time frame!
i have nothing against lore, maybe since Evon lost he can sadly get drunk down at the dead end tavern every saturday and tell us some backstories..

as long as it isn’t as bad as the Marjory Delaqua diary
imho that was possibly the worse cinematic in computer game history

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Let’s Kielhaul her…

I think it’s time for a emergency meeting with Evon, so we can get him on board anyway!

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Cheaper waypoints decided this victory that is all.

Poor people should be banned from voting.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Cheaper waypoints decided this victory that is all.

So let me get this straight.

Cheaper Waypoints = Poor People
Cheaper Black Lion Keys = Rich People?

So those who voted for Kiel for something cheaper are considered poor, but those who voted for Gnashblade for something cheaper are not? Way to be a hypocrite. No matter who you voted for, you were getting something cheaper. So in your words, we are all poor and none of us should be allowed to vote.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Behellagh.1468

I gave Evon and Ellen the same number of votes so don’t blame me.

RIP City of Heroes

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I gave Evon and Ellen the same number of votes so don’t blame me.

You did it for achievements I am guessing like everyone else did.

Pineapples

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Behellagh.1468

No because I had a pile of votes I’ve been carrying around, might as well use them. Now since I don’t care about fractals but the winner also determines which one is done, I didn’t think it was particularly fair for me a non-user, not big into the lore of Tyria either, should decide.

And the achievements. Didn’t do enough to get anything however. Not a fan of mini games, scavenger hunts and jumping or collection puzzles.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

We are the 1%

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The most important take away from this election is this: 48% of your players preferred the unknown Charr over the character you’ve forced us to work for over the last few Living Stories.

Please take this opportunity to realize that we don’t really like her that much. Half of your playerbase voted for her simply because they knew who she was, not because she was liked. The other half voted against her because they couldn’t stand her character.

I’d be OK with her winning the election as long as she is permanently assigned to the Council room and is now too busy to ever be involved in the story again.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Abaddon has only historical relevance to GW2 but was central to the story of the GW1 “Nightfall” expansion, and I think his lore probably featured in other parts of GW1 too. He is only mentioned in a very few places in GW2’s Tyria, the most obvious place that springs to mind is the tapestry at the top of the Vizier’s Tower in Orr. If you aren’t interested in listening to dialogue or reading in-game text though (ie. if you’re not really bothered about the lore to start with) then you wouldn’t have come across Abaddon in GW2.

For context he was the human god who first made primal magic (which was later split into different parts by the other gods following much wailing and destruction) available to “mortal” races, and who was killed in a battle with the rest of the human pantheon which resulted in the Crystal Sea being turned into the Crystal Desert. He’s a pretty huge deal but for the current game, only in terms of putting things into context … or joining a few dots here and there.

Congratulations for … a fractal that has no relevance to the game.

Abaddon has relevance to GW1 and very little relevance (beyond historical context) to GW2; on the other hand the Thaumanova incident is directly connected to one of the primary stories of GW2. I’m sorry but your statement is just flat-out wrong. By all means feel upset that you won’t be getting the Abaddon fractal right away but making arguments that are clearly not correct is unlikely to win you any points. Of course I’d like to see the war between the human gods, but I’d like to learn about current game lore more.

If Kiel had the Abaddon fractal on her list instead of Gnashblade, she would’ve had a landslide victory. That fractal was the only thing that kept him relevant.

Speaking personally I would far rather have given my vote to a charr than a human, if Evon had been connected with the Thaumanova fractal it would have made my decision much easier … though there would still be the whole tacit support of RNG thing but frankly that was a minor consideration for me.

The 52% that voted Kiel didn’t vote for her fractal, they voted for her.

Way to speak for 52% of people who don’t agree with you. I voted very positively for the Thaumanova fractal because I care deeply about current lore (probably as much as many others do about GW1 lore … which I’ve had to get a grounding in anyway for context) and want to know more about the Inquest experiments and how they (literally) managed to break the fabric of reality.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Behellagh.1468

The most important take away from this election is this: 48% of your players preferred the unknown Charr over the character you’ve forced us to work for over the last few Living Stories.

Please take this opportunity to realize that we don’t really like her that much. Half of your playerbase voted for her simply because they knew who she was, not because she was liked. The other half voted against her because they couldn’t stand her character.

I’d be OK with her winning the election as long as she is permanently assigned to the Council room and is now too busy to ever be involved in the story again.

Don’t sell apathy short. Many people may not have cared either way and simply voted for someone, or both.

RIP City of Heroes