Four thousand+ Dragon Coffers, 0 Ticket

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

I am not sure if it is bugged or really bad RNG, but from this, there is less than 0.00025 chance right now. It is not for me, but for my child who happen to decide she likes to have a dragon skin.

Prior to opening today, she gathered about a stack, not many I know. After opening a stack, her sister sent her 6 stacks. Still 0 ticket, after 1,750 tries (imagine the clicks). I sent my 4 stacks (that’s a thousand). Still 0 ticket, after 2,750 tries. Guildies sent in 4 stacks (a thousand), still 0 ticket after 3,750 tries.

I went to TP buying 2stacks. 4,250 coffers, 0 ticket. And went to TP again, to buy 2stacks. Still 0 ticket.

I don’t know if it is bugged or not……but this is really bad RNG. I got mine after ~800 tries. Her sister got hers about ~500. We know it’s RNG, and sometimes you can blow thru thousands, and still got none.

Now I am trying to buy 4 more stacks at TP, and it won’t let me.

It is disheartening….so is it a bug?

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

(edited by DeathMetal.8264)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i think it is bad RNG.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CelebrityX.7014

CelebrityX.7014

Bad luck I’m afraid. I’m up to a little over 6500 and still not ticket here either. I don’t even try anymore (as in buying coffers), I just open any I happen to get while playing normally. I don’t expect to ever get a ticket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I wish they implemented an RNG streak breaker code.
I’m sorry your daughter hasn’t gotten her ticket yet, but it sounds like she has a ton of great family, friends and guildies to help her out.
I would wish her good luck but mine is not much better. I may send bad luck instead.
Anywho – I hope she finds that ticket soon.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Dragon Bash

DeathMetal.8264

Thanks for feedback guys. I just haven’t seen this bad luck before. I know a few of my guildmates opened about less than 10 and got it, while the max I heard of is ~2k before they got one, so I just base my chances on that, ~2k.

[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

This RNG would be halfway acceptable for me if we could trade the tickets. I don’t understand why it isn’t so though :/

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

The success of the few is paid for by the failures of the many

-Vol.5241

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ive gone through….well, I have no clue how many dragon coffers. No ticket here either. I chalk it up to the RNG hates me. I guess it’s paybacks. It loved me in GW1, haha. Me thinks their % chance might be just a tad low though. Bump it up a notch Anet!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

The success of the few is paid for by the failures of the many

-Vol.5241

-All hail plankton… err I mean Vol. :P

QFT and it made me laugh, then cry.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

I wish there was a way to gift these tickets, would make people a lot happier. I got 2 tickets from about 1000-1500 coffers, didn’t really need the 2nd and would have happily given it to friends. It just makes me feel slightly bad that there are those going 4000+ without one and who would probably benefit more from owning one than I would.

in Dragon Bash

DeathMetal.8264

Hi all,

Tnx to those who have sent their appreciations to me. But I can’t accept your “gifts”. Rest assure that your post and symphatizing with me is enough, really, and your message is appreciated beyond words. I got several coffers from the community, and I have to return them. Please don’t feel bad that I have returned them, because you guys worked for it.

I just got my kid a new steampunk skin (costed about ~26g) and she felt better now. You know how kids are, just get them something to think about and focus on.

And again, the reason I post this is because I just want to check if it’s bad RNG or bug. And from the mail I got, and the replies here, it’s simply a bad RNG.

Again, tnx to all, your support, your replies, are enough to console me (and my kid)

[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Maybe try a different character to open them. My husband thinks I am crazy but I think I have lucky characters and unlucky characters lol.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Apachai.9475

Apachai.9475

It is really hard to achieve something when the only possibility is to rely on blind luck.I am sorry your daughter still have not been able to get hers.I got one after 1k coffers when I was not really trying anymore.Hope she will get one.
There got to be a better way than RNG.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Maybe try a different character to open them. My husband thinks I am crazy but I think I have lucky characters and unlucky characters lol.

I don’t think your crazy. My guardian has always seemed to get better drops than my warrior, or maybe i’m just as crazy as your are so it doesn’t seem crazy

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

I stopped on my Ranger at 2k coffers. Maybe I’ll buy another 2k and try it on someone else. Always worth a try.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rayean.8726

Rayean.8726

Bad luck. I stopped counting around 6k iirc, and I finally got two tickets after who knows how many later.

Sorry to hear friend, but I’d like to agree with some sort of RNG breaker. It’d be nice. I’d pay gems to give me a 50% chance to get rarer RNG items from chests for like ten minutes or something, ha!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Sorry to hear that, I got just one so far myself.. And you know what is the most outrageous thing in this system? That this RNG throws tickets at people who say they don’t want them at all. And they can’t trade/give them away. That is even worse than the RNG itself. Anet preventing us from sharing the tickets if we don’t want them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Nexrex.8273

Nexrex.8273

4000 coffers = 14 tickets (and counting :p)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

groans

I stopped counting after 5000 coffers. My boyfriend keeps sending me his coffers by the stacks, too. Alas…

:(

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: signahead.7281

signahead.7281

I’m right there with you. 4000+ coffers, no ticket.

To be honest, I’m not sure that I want any of the jade weapons. So it doesn’t feel like much of a loss. It’s still a great lesson in the foolishness of pure RNG rewards, especially pure RNG rewards that can’t be traded.

If I had paid gold for most of those coffers, I think I would be a little furious. I’d be even more angry if I’d paid real money for them. Either way, I can promise you this…I will never spend a cent on any GW2 reward that is completely random.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I wish they implemented an RNG streak breaker code..

They don’t need a code. Just design fun mechanics to obtain rewards, don’t design kitten mechanics and use RNG as a crutch to make up for the absence of things to do.

It’s amazing they could design dungeon tokens as a solution to people upset with dungeon RNG from other MMOs and then repeat this abomination of RNG scamming every month with limited time content.

It’s fun killing design decisions like this one that make me despise the idea that we might never see an expansion. An expansion comes with several new armour and weapon sets that are in the game without limited time pressures to obtain them and stupid RNG odds. The decision to take this monthly content path locking all the weapons behind RNG, the armour behind gems and taking the content away after a month is one which is a huge loss to the players considering the value for money an expansion offers in every other MMO.