Opening 1000 regular Dragon Coffers [Merged]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

$20 of gems to gold gets you 1173 dragon coffers. And that number’s going nowhere but up.

Um, yeah, I think I know what the smart plan going forward is.

actually, based on the number ppl reported, you’d have to open around 5000 to have a decent chance at one.

Guildie got hers in 450. RNG is RNG.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

$20 of gems to gold gets you 1173 dragon coffers. And that number’s going nowhere but up.

Um, yeah, I think I know what the smart plan going forward is.

actually, based on the number ppl reported, you’d have to open around 5000 to have a decent chance at one.

Guildie got hers in 450. RNG is RNG.

& you could open 100000000 & get none. what’s your point?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Epicninja.8429

Epicninja.8429

opened 200 normal dragon coffers, got 2 weapon tickets, stop spending money on the crates XD, its all about luck

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

One major problem is that many of the posters here who have been burned seem to have made baseless assumptions about the ticket probabilities. I see many posts where people are angry because they bought, say, 100 rich coffers and got nothing. However, there is zero evidence that you are likely to get a ticket after opening 100 rich coffers.

When you put your faith in baseless assumptions, prepare to be disappointed.

By the way, 100 rich coffers is actually not that many. For example if the probability of getting a ticket is 1% from a rich coffer, then you still have a 37% chance of getting nothing from opening 100.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

Earlier today I joked with a friend about using 200g that was left over from my cof days and I currently want nothing to spend on, to get a ticket, then claim on the forum/reddit that I’ve got it for 13g, just for trolling. The number 200 because it seems to be the average rate for guildies and my previous fused ticket.

RNG is a funny thing indeed, I did get a ticket for 13g, after randomly buying and opening a stack of 250 normal coffers. I really sympathize with people who are ticked off by this whimsical creature.

Well there goes my month’s worth of luck. Now I will repeatedly get the same fractal skin for one month straight.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Daelyhel Axon.4097

Daelyhel Axon.4097

I think many of us understand that when we buy the chests that it is luck based.

But when you are a company that their form of income is coming from chests, social items and such. that there should come a point that a company should feel said amount of real life money, they can get the item they desire. Consider these items are Cosmetic, no stats or game breaking items…

I think and feel that is what many of us are upset about. We want the money we spent to keep the game alive, that many of us felt that ArenaNet was strong customer oriented company. But the last three events have proven otherwise.

This game costs money to keep running and it is the players that are willing to give their money to ArenaNet. Thus allowing us to keep enjoying this game.

Just want to add, the Winter Event allowed people to buy the skins that they desired. I honestly would love to see such a practice returned before I even consider giving my money to ArenaNet now.

(edited by Daelyhel Axon.4097)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Just opened 1000 coffers and only got 1 ticket

vvuevv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

So I’m guessing we shall expect threads like these to pop up every month now since it is quite obvious that Anet has found a clever, if somewhat morally wrong, way to sap suckers out of there money with this ticket system.

Are you stupid? I’m asking because it’s quite clear my thread is about regular dragon coffers, not the ones bought on the gem store.

Way to get so offended and resorting to insults. What are you, 12? Besides, I posted this response in another thread that was merged into this one. So I believe the title of “stupid” belongs to you.

(edited by Justin.7163)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Remillard.8691

Remillard.8691

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kaotic.1723

Kaotic.1723

opened 200 normal dragon coffers, got 2 weapon tickets, stop spending money on the crates XD, its all about luck

Exactly this, I’ve gotten 2 dragon weapon skins and a mini risen knight from 250 regular dragon coffers.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

People are out of luck for this event anyway now. Even if Anet finally realizes this RNG chest money grab is a terrible idea and is no more than a “nickle and diming” approach to it’s players, this event wont change.

They can’t exactly just start offering these weapon tickets in the gem store now for say $10 a piece. If they did, what does that tell the people who already spent in upwards of say $50-$100 on the stupid coffers?

For KokoCabana:

“The coffers are guaranteed to drop candy, fireworks, tonics, or food. Clearly stated in the item description along with a very rare chance of a skin. Sounds like kids who throw tantrums when opening presents because they didn’t get the exact toy they wanted”

You fail to realize the initial description of those Rich Dragon Coffers stated we’d find dragon tickets inside. Since then, the description was changed (I believe) to state there was a rare chance. The problem is, a pile of people spent “X” amount of money already on those coffers before they changed it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Daelyhel Axon.4097

Daelyhel Axon.4097

You fail to realize the initial description of those Rich Dragon Coffers stated we’d find dragon tickets inside. Since then, the description was changed (I believe) to state there was a rare chance. The problem is, a pile of people spent “X” amount of money already on those coffers before they changed it.

This is true, the website was not updated with the “rare” part until the moment they patched the servers. By then no one is looking at the website, but trying to get in the game and checking out the new content.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheBigfootNZ.4605

TheBigfootNZ.4605

Heres what ive got day 1 of this event, mind you I wasnt taking a proper tally of regular coffers as i did it, but its fairly accurate to within about 20 chests (i took the rough total of candies i had in my inventory by the end of the day subtracted all the ones not gotten from killing (pinyattas and DB), and also took off the candies from holograms, since the total candies I finally had was 1750+)… so…

Out of 460-500 regular dragon coffers…

1200ish candies (average of about 2 per coffer)

3 Mini Risen Knight Miniatures

5-6 Hard Potions (threw them out when i got them, i mean these are rares and they are simply a shape change with out any thing else no abilities nothing, I mean come on… there simply there to make you jump at the sight of yellow text and to slim down your chance at getting a ticket or something else more useful or fun even more)
4-6 Warm Potions (again threw em out since there worthless)
3 Cold potions (again threw out)
1 Charged potion (you guessed it)

10ish of most food types (cupcakes, choc bars etc)
4 Dragon Breath Buns
3 Dragon Rolls
8ish Dragon Candies
7 Koi thingies (these aint to bad, as a necro but they seem to be pretty kitten rare for whites but ill be keeping these)

67 Fireworks… out side of the achievement which needs about 10? of em there worthless.

And… finally on the, id say 440-460th regular dragon coffer I opened… 1 Weapon Skin Ticket, finally.

I spent 15g on coffers to start for about 90-100 coffers… i was an idiot for doing so and now im broke, I then spent 100 gems on a rich (got nothing but the usual) dragon coffer, wont do that again, simply gave it a shot to see what would happen and then spent 5 hours farming npcs and holograms in Gendarran(?) fields.

I got a ticket so im slightly happy… ill keep on farming to try and get a couple more, or at least enough candy to sell so i can just buy that kitten wing back piece, since i cant be bothered trying to get the 8k candies per day you have to get to get 100 Jorbreakers before the event stops…

edit:- Brother opened around 300 got 2 mini knights and nothing else interesting besides the standard potions and food.

Vardkona – 80 Guard, Mew Nickleheart – 80 Eng
Howling Jimmy – 80 Necro, The Six Demon Bag – 54 Ele
Hedge of Steel – 41 War, Yikky Soupskin – 11 Thief

(edited by TheBigfootNZ.4605)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: jciardha.1936

jciardha.1936

I’ve gone through about three and a half full stacks of regular dragon coffers. De nada.

I do, however, have massive load of Zhaitaffy that I neither want nor need, as the holographic wing cover doesn’t appeal to me. Was it so hard to program that the devs couldn’t set up a candy exchange program for a weapon ticket?

Keeper of Buns of Men, a GW2 Tumblr Blog.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Liavain Axon.1972

Liavain Axon.1972

I can pretty much sum up the entire argument in the following post.

Player’s PoV:
Weapon skins are too hard to get!

Anet’s PoV:
You can just loot the coffers or buy them from the TP.

Player’s PoV:
It takes 100k candy to get the Holographic Wings!

Anet’s PoV:
You can get a wing skin from Achievements, a random drop, or can buy candy from the TP, loot them from chests, or from Holographic mobs.

Player’s PoV:
Anet is a bunch of money grubbing RNG huggers!

Anet’s PoV:
We offer more than enough ways to get things in game. Plus you never have to spend any money, gems can be purchased via gold.

How did I do?

XOXO
~Lia

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I spent 50$ USD on 50 boxes. No tickets were in said boxes, and I simply had a giant empty space in my bank where money once was. And for what, 500 taffy, some random food buffs?

If you are reading this, please, I beg you to spare me the lecture of “its a gamble”. No, its not a gamble, this was faith. My faith in Anet to reward me for supporting the game (which btw, ive already dumped over 750$ into the gemstore). And what have I got to show for it, moreso, what do we ALL have to show for it? No really, stop typing for two minutes and think about the implications of what these practices have earned us. For all our sacrifice, we still have nothing promised from launch onward.

We still have no Polymock, we still have no barbrawl. We are promised dungeons with challenging content which can be 2 manned (Null comes to mind.) We still have a distinctly broken economy where those who exploited have 6 legendaries, while the honest are broke. And worst off, a game, which not only has become a bigger grind than AION, but one that has no diverse reason to grind.
Where is the litany of unique and themed skinned armors ready to be implemented into the game? Is that going to be put into a future gamble box as well ? I mean have any of you even looked at what took place over the last 3 months?
We have Forged ticket, South sun Karka ticket, and the Dragon skin ticket. All back to back, in a uniformed Ncsoft fashion.
Am I supposed to just smile like some letch and mindlessly enter my card information in, in some hope that I get JUST ONE of the skins I want? Despite having 3 characters, who all would enjoy displaying these beautiful weapons?
I… I just feel, like I have a deficit of negative adjectives I could use to describe the current, money grabbing situation we are facing, MONTH AFTER MONTH.

I know nobody from Anet is reading this, and I know furthermore, that none of them really care about my little drop of money that I spent in the grand scheme. But if this is the state of the game, where me wanting to support the game, is met with a giant and swift punch in the gut. It is obvious to anyone with even remote intelligence, that I certainly will not be supporting this game from here on out.

And for the first time since I started playing. I honestly feel a sense of Shame, out of having 45/50 Hall of monuments. Knowing that my effort, has led to a game supporting a practice, aimed at rewarding only those who have the deepest pockets.

I have said my peace, I will type no more, and I will read no more.
Please google logical fallacies and learn from the list of incorrect arguments, if you insist on trying to have a unbiased response to my feelings. Otherwise you will simply be ignored.

^ This +1

The lesson you learned is what many have already learned from all the way back to Halloween and it has still been a failure so far to try to educate others on the practices at hand.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

The difference between faith and gambling?

One is where you are aware of the risks and the other is where you simply ignore them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind the bad drop rates if there were other ways to get the ticket. Why can’t I get them with candy, like I can the wings? Why not allow people to sell them on the auction house so that those of us who really want one, but have terrible luck, can still get one? I think people should be upset by this one. For some people (like myself) they’re the only thing we want out of this event, and they’re the only thing that’s entirely based on chance.

Tarnished Coast

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mortifact.3102

Mortifact.3102

I opened 50 regular coffers, got the dragon wings…. don’t hate me I’m not trolling!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: neko.9028

neko.9028

People have to stop paying them money for lottery boxes because they obviously aren’t going to LEARN otherwise. Just stop doing it all together, stop buying keys, stop buying their [insert event name] boxes.

They generate HUGE amount of money by people who buy these boxes, and what does profit tell companies? Well that they should dish more of it out!

Instead of putting these weapon skins into actually playing the game(and if you seriously are gonna tell me trading gold for gems is playing the game, uninstall, please), and be rewarded because of it. For example: you do x, y and z of content and you receive a ticket. You can repeat once per character. That’s what I was hoping for. But once again they had to put it into boxes because they know certain players will pay…

Just stop doing it. Stop letting them do this stuff and ruin this game even more.

mehh

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I can pretty much sum up the entire argument in the following post.

Player’s PoV:
Weapon skins are too hard to get!

Anet’s PoV:

Player’s PoV:
It takes 100k candy to get the Holographic Wings!

Anet’s PoV:
You can get a wing skin from Achievements, a random drop, or can buy candy from the TP, loot them from chests, or from Holographic mobs.

Player’s PoV:
Anet is a bunch of money grubbing RNG huggers!

Anet’s PoV:
We offer more than enough ways to get things in game. Plus you never have to spend any money, gems can be purchased via gold.

How did I do?

Really badly, in a total PR spin way. Nuance is not really your strong suit.

in Dragon Bash

Liavain Axon.1972

No, Zenith, I suffer from a problem where I try and be as honest as possible.

XOXO
~Lia

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Does ArenaNet have a gambling license to sell these boxes anyway?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ceg.4875

ceg.4875

I don’t need to have the latest skin, but I don’t want to not have it in the future when it’s not available, if u get me.

I had a few guildees get 2 skins in their first 25 Rich Coffers.

I on the other hand, suck at luck.

I farmed skelks nonstop and dropped about 300G to get a Scelerite skin. I was flat broke.

I went through 75 Rich coffers, and about 2000 regular to get my Jade Skin. Farmed alot and dropped about 200G. I Have 2 silver to my name.

My point is, I wanted the skin even more because its rare. I dont agree in giving out the super cool Dragon helm, albeit prematurely, because now its common and meh. I would gladly have fought and ground mobs to gain it like I am for the wings. I don’t love the wings, but they are not easy to get so it is kinda a symbol of the effort I put to get said items.

Not that I didn’t rage for all the time and effort it took to get my skins, but hard work does bring satisfaction IMHO.

my2cents

Ceg – Officer of RUIN
Blackgate

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

1149 Regular Coffers

2 tickets
8 mini risen knight
the rest was trash

63g well spent imo cause now i have a jade sword and jade dagger for my canthan themed thief

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Manfredthestrong.7518

Manfredthestrong.7518

After opening 300+ regular coffers and not getting a single ticket, I wondered, did they intended on making dragon weapon skins rarer than precursors? In my guild of 400 people, only 1 person has gotten one.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

You don’t lie but nor are you telling the full truth. That’s not being honest.
Well as a matter of fact you also lie once.

1.You can get a wing skin from Achievements
No you can’t.

2. a random drop
Which about as likely, if not less likely than, winning in lottery. ( compare the number of gw2 players to the number of avaible wings in TP)

3. can buy candy from the TP
valid point since you can just buy the wings directly from TP.

4. loot them from chests,
Same as 2.

or from Holographic mobs.
Same as 2.

The wings aren’t a problem because of 3. But the RNG boxes are nothing short of a scam. Your answer to this was

and my answer is again that it’s too unlikely that you loot them from a coffer.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

No you can’t.

2. a random drop
Which about as likely, if not less likely than, winning in lottery. ( compare the number of gw2 players to the number of avaible wings in TP)

Same as 2.

Same as 2.

The wings aren’t a problem because of 3. But the RNG boxes are nothing short of a scam.

For your number one, did something change, because last time I checked the reward for getting the meta achievement was the wings?

Tarnished Coast

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

No you can’t.

2. a random drop

Same as 2.

Same as 2.

The wings aren’t a problem because of 3. But the RNG boxes are nothing short of a scam.

For your number one, did something change, because last time I checked the reward for getting the meta achievement was the wings?

It’s differend wings. Hopefully prettier than the ugly imp wings you get via the candies.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Dragon Bash

Liavain Axon.1972

Yes, but they are still wing skins

What I am trying to imply is that there are multiple ways to get things, even if they are not exactly the item you wish. Many people say the Candy wings look inferior to the Achievement wings. The point is, they are wings.

You sound like you are taking my post as being anti-player. Far from it. I am poking fun at both sides of the argument by showing how both sides are wrong.

I still think Anet is acting horribly like a money-grubbing company taking advantage of those who desire the skins they have advertised. While the wings have alternative ways of obtaining them, the weapon skins are still a lotto.

XOXO
~Lia

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: carlvinmadarang.4130

carlvinmadarang.4130

Has anyone tried farming the Cursed Shore events for high end materials AND COffers?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

This needs to be fixed. I’d even be fine with 1 in every 1000 boxes I open I get a ticket. I’d almost have 3 now instead of only 1.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I’m at 1 ticket with about 1400 regular coffers opened, need/want one more ticket. On the brightside, I have like 20 of those useless minis lol.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yes, but they are still wing skins

What I am trying to imply is that there are multiple ways to get things, even if they are not exactly the item you wish. Many people say the Candy wings look inferior to the Achievement wings. The point is, they are wings.

You sound like you are taking my post as being anti-player. Far from it. I am poking fun at both sides of the argument by showing how both sides are wrong.

I still think Anet is acting horribly like a money-grubbing company taking advantage of those who desire the skins they have advertised. While the wings have alternative ways of obtaining them, the weapon skins are still a lotto.

Your example falls kinda flat though. I can see the point you’re trying to make, but that would be like telling players who want to get a Jade Greatsword that they should just get a Priory Greatsword instead. “Hey, they’re both swords, they’re both green, and they both have crystals! They’re practically the same!”

Obviously, they’re not. They have vastly different aesthetics which may or may not suit what a player is trying to go for on their character.

We are agreed on the distasteful RNG approach for the weapon tickets, at least.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: FuriousPop.2789

FuriousPop.2789

This is amazing… I cannot believe 10 pages of this.. time and time again we see this.

Me fellow guildies r u all esl people? No offence intended.
But unless it says “contains 1 ticket inside” or “a jade weapon skin inside” or something along the lines of with these certain words; contains, inside, provided, given, free, permanent, 100%, reward. Just some key words to look for when purchasing something if ur unsure if its chance ur buying or an actual item.

Also for all of u that did purchase gems with rl $$$$ to spend on coffers. I say a big THANKYOU.

U r the ones fueling anet constant updates with events like this.

Also I am happy to recieve all items and gold of all quiting players. Same ingame name.

Forgive me for saying this but wouldn’t u have bought 1 coffer and seen if they have a ticket in them and then decide to purchase more depending on the result?

If u put ur hand over a fire and get burnt do u do it again?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

If you guys feel cheated out of your money try talking to Anet to get a refund on your gem purchase.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Opened 20 rich dragon coffer and didn`t receive any ticket =((

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

It’s bad business imho. Poor taste tactics designed to dupe kids with their parent’s credit cards and a few extra dollars. The patch notes are worded in an awful and duplicitous way.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

Well, i just bought 500 coffers off the tp, opened them all and got the following:
996 candy
4 minis
77fireworks
7 cupcakes
8 dragonfish candy
11 buns
7 dragonrolls
4 charged potions
7 koi cakes
7 kralkawhatever chocolate
2 warm potions
and not a single ticket.
I’ve opened well over 1000 coffers as well as 15 rich coffers and have recieved a grand total of 0 tickets. yes, the RNG does hate me, very much.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vexia.6538

Vexia.6538

I Bought 41 Rich Dragon Coffers and got nothing but junk for almost $50 dollars worth.
I also Bought over 1250 Dragon Coffers and still got nothing but junk.

Arenanet fix your kitten drop rates. Because this is ridiculous, at this rate i’ll never be buying gems again and only exchanging gold for it, so this way I know I wouldn’t of wasted anything important in vain.

My friend bought over 10,000 dragon coffers, and got a ticket. 1 Ticket. For more then 160gold worth.

Rather buy a pre-cursor at this rate.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My friend bought over 10,000 dragon coffers, and got a ticket. 1 Ticket. For more then 160gold worth.

Holy… O.o If that’s true, I’m sure glad that I’m not hunting for a Jade weapon anymore!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Would I like a sure way to get a skin, sure. But that was not advertised, so I don’t expect it.

Say some guy had a bad day and gets dumped by his girlfriend. He’s emotional and dumps $50 into the gem store in dragon coffers to get the weapon skin, and gets no weapon skin. It’s truly stupid.

Dragon Bash: The event of feels.

People should be responsible for their own actions.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

"GW2 - the game without grind and farming" (c) ANet ^^
LOL

There are many places in GW2 where this joke would fit in, but it’s not here.

This is purely cosmetic, and not that much of a grind anyway.

Not sir.

Southsun event with bugged drop tables + OMG MF buff. Very many ppls just farmed mobs for gold day by day. I know ppls who has profit in thousands of gold per week. This is not a joke, trust me
Now they can change their gold for gems and buy a tons of rich coffers. But initially it was grind.

Some ppls have know about future possiblity of the Orb salvage before publishing patch notes and have got crazy profit on this. This is not a joke too - we have seen ORB price changes in a hour before patch notes publishing.

Now we have another grind event: Coffers with the LOL-chance of drop. Easiest way to obtain a lot of coffers - farm of the Holographic nodes. Or killing a tons of mobs - grind too. Or buy them at AH for gold. Gold obtained from grind.

Grind for cosmetics - is still grind.

And this Anet’s quote - not my imagination. It was said nearly before release of the game.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Does ArenaNet have a gambling license to sell these boxes anyway?

You don’t need one for virtual items, as you don’t even own your account.

Edit:

“GW2 – the game without grind and farming” © ANet ^^
LOL

Go back and read what they actually said. They want you to grind for cosmetics. They don’t believe in farming for top tier stats. As in my 10 gold exotic weapon performs just like a 2000 gold exotic weapon.

(edited by Aristio.2784)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

I spent some gems on the rich dragon coffers understanding that there would be a good chance I wouldn’t get a ticket. However, I wasn’t prepared for how utterly lame it would be to get a few pieces of candy and a common food item. Hooray! Crap!

Then I went out and purchased / farmed about 1000 regular coffers and got nothing as well.

I cannot stress enough how incredibly lame and disappointing this is. I actually think these events are cool, but this RNG lameness has brought it down.

I certainly will never, ever be buying another gem from Arenanet again. They clearly have no problem taking their players money and giving them nothing for it. If feels like a really slimy scam.

HoD

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

RNG in GW2 would do well to lend a principle from TERA, where you spend materials/armor to enchant items. If you’re successful, enjoy! But if not, at least you get a better chance at succeeding the next time.

If RNG factored in your N previous attempts somehow to slightly better your chances, and of course, reset once you do, I’d feel a whole lot better about this RNG business.

Of course, I managed to get a Jade Weapon ticket from 300 normal coffers last night, and have got 5 holo knights already(!?!) but am hoping to get maybe one more ticket because these weapons are so nice…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Liwi.7896

Liwi.7896

Spent 17 gold buying coffers straight off the tp plus 150-ish farmed myself, 1 ticket and 3 pets. That was ~0.18% drop rate for me.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I would not be surprised if there is some sort of activity/content which drops much more of those coffins next week.

Reminds me of the grind in Flame and Frost, where people were doing those activities in the first days to get the stuff – days later you got much more from different activities.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I got an email today from arenanet advertising Dragon Bash. One line caught my eye, toward the end of the email:
“…you’ll be able to earn festival items like the unique horns of the dragon, exclusive holographic dragon wings back items, and dragon coffers packed with special loot.”

…Dragon coffers…packed with special loot you say? Really? All mine were packed with were candy and fireworks. Thats really special stuff. Thanks.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

310 Zhaitaffy
4 to 8 of other various types of Candy
15 Fireworks

It is time we stop this. I thought maybe south sun would have been a turning point. I will be on the phone with NCSoft tomorrow after work.

Not to be rude, but are you being truthful about opening 1000 boxes?

I opened 550 yesterday and got close to 1000 candy, 75 Fireworks, a Jade Weapon Ticket, and 6 Mini Risen Knights.

There’s no way you opened 1000 of them and only got 15 Fireworks and 310 Zhaitaffy.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians