*Spoiler* Braham vs Marjory

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Interesting, I’ve never seen that conversation!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Braham probably had his passive aegis up to take the blast damage, but the unblockable knockback sent both of them to the far side of the room, breaking his leg.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I think it’s pretty simple. Jory is hurt more because that makes for a better kiss moment. Rox and Bro-ham aren’t going to have the moment. They get a “friends stick together no matter what”

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think it’s pretty simple. Jory is hurt more because that makes for a better kiss moment. Rox and Bro-ham aren’t going to have the moment. They get a “friends stick together no matter what”

This seems pretty plausible too.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It happens in the background during the first choose your order mission for the Asura. While you’re waiting for the guy to come back to tell everyone how Dragons are eating magic.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

There is a physical difference in the two as some others have pointed out and makes sense. Also, there is always that randomness in things like this. Take the many real life examples of car accidents where two people are in the backseat and one person dies from the accident while the other suffers only minor injuries. Although most things may be equal, minor random pieces can have major impacts.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Lilith Ajit.6173

It happens in the background during the first choose your order mission for the Asura. While you’re waiting for the guy to come back to tell everyone how Dragons are eating magic.

I did have an Asura finish that part of the story, but it must have been before I cared about it, because I so don’t remember it. But very cool. I guess Charr are smarter than humans and norn… But in a different way. Sylvari are just dragon minions though. Hahaha

[ARES]

Kal Spiro.9745

I did have an Asura finish that part of the story, but it must have been before I cared about it, because I so don’t remember it. But very cool. I guess Charr are smarter than humans and norn… But in a different way. Sylvari are just dragon minions though. Hahaha

Charr invented flint lock and industry, so of course they are. Sylvari are just more significant for a variety of reasons.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Lilith Ajit.6173

Charr invented flint lock and industry, so of course they are. Sylvari are just more significant for a variety of reasons.

Sylvari are significant… But in what way and why? They’re so new to Tyria. It blows my mind that they have achieved such significance so early.

[ARES]

Posted by: GRexCarolinii.9604

GRexCarolinii.9604

I figured it was because Marjory was closer….

Braham was stood rather statically nearby, talking
and then Majory went in for a charged-attack, thus looked closer (right up until the clip where both got blasted back)

Could also be that: Scarlet was targeting Marjory (as she was the one attacking)
or simply a case of how they both landed
Braham- landed on leg, hence broken
whereas Marjory looked more as though she landed on had head/face

Kal Spiro.9745

Sylvari are significant… But in what way and why? They’re so new to Tyria. It blows my mind that they have achieved such significance so early.

That in and of itself is one of the reasons, though. There is no Sylvari older than 25 years, or maybe 26 now.

Lilith Ajit.6173

That in and of itself is one of the reasons, though. There is no Sylvari older than 25 years, or maybe 26 now.

So why are so many of them doing these great and powerful things when other members of other races, even Asura, are not?
How did they get to where they are now so quickly!

[ARES]

Kal Spiro.9745

So why are so many of them doing these great and powerful things when other members of other races, even Asura, are not?

They didn’t have to waste time growing up. They’ve existed for 26 years and they’ve spent all of them being fully functional adults, who don’t age. Also, being plants, they don’t necessarily have to eat drink or sleep as we would know it, giving them that much more time to be productive.

Lilith Ajit.6173

They didn’t have to waste time growing up. They’ve existed for 26 years and they’ve spent all of them being fully functional adults, who don’t age. Also, being plants, they don’t necessarily have to eat drink or sleep as we would know it, giving them that much more time to be productive.

Gee, I kind of wish I was a Sylvari. Life so easy!

[ARES]

Kal Spiro.9745

Don’t forget the Dragon Minion part. That might be hard.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Don’t forget the Dragon Minion part. That might be hard.

Lack of free will might make things simpler.

[ARES]

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Let’s see, we got a human spellcaster and a sturdy norn warrior 2 times larger than the spellcaster.

The larger one would fall harder, just saying.

Ever hit a deer with your car, and the deer walked away?

Plus with Braham being a Guardian with better armor and magic devoted to personal shielding, I give Braham the edge.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Poor Marjory, you’re not wearing enough clothes!

Come to think of it, with Kasmeer wearing nothing but aether and a smile, how is she getting through these fights?

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

In the books, the norn characters would run straight into battle and the main character would note how if a human had tried the same feat, they would have surely died. Norn are naturally tougher than humans lore-wise.

Posted by: Valor Singus.7049

Valor Singus.7049

Come to think of it, with Kasmeer wearing nothing but aether and a smile, how is she getting through these fights?

Judging from the way she was hiccuping during the final scene, my guild decided that she must have been partaking of some liquid fortitude before/during the fighting.

Posted by: Memandi.5860

Memandi.5860

If you look at the cutscene you’ll see that both Braham and Marjory are suspended in the air for a short amount of time before being thrown.
If I remember correctly mass does not affect the path of a projectile in motion (the projectiles in this case being Marjory and Braham). Also, since they weren’t thrown very far, air resistance should be negligible.
That means that the differences in the injuries are most likely caused by their physical differences as well as they way they landed.

Lilith Ajit.6173

There’s a good question. I mean, I understand, my Mesmer feels like she’s not wearing any armor, but still, with Kasmeer literally naked I’m not sure I know how she stays alive.

PS. to those of you answering me with serious answers, thanks, but the time for serious answers has long past. Fun thread go!

[ARES]

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Aegis

15chars

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Lilith Ajit.6173

Aegis

15chars

Wouldn’t that prevent him from being knocked back too?

[ARES]

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

From the scene it shows that Marjory ran directly at the blast, hence absorbing most of it. Braham on the other hand seem to broke his leg as the result of the unfortunate fall. Which would explain Kasmeer and Rox being lucky enough to land safely, getting away with only few bruises.
Regardless when I thought Marjory died I went berserk. At that point I just wanted to see Scarlet dead.
As I made that final blow, my mind cleared. It’s almost like I became my character for a second there. Started thinking rationally again. I wished Scarlet was still alive, so she could be questioned. That I might have overreacted.
Then I saw Marjory wake up. Tear went down my cheek. They created something that I though could not be recreated since our mentors died. I actually cared for those characters again. Something I told myself I’d never do again after watching Sieran die.

Lilith Ajit.6173

From the scene it shows that Marjory ran directly at the blast, hence absorbing most of it. Braham on the other hand seem to broke his leg as the result of the unfortunate fall. Which would explain Kasmeer and Rox being lucky enough to land safely, getting away with only few bruises.
Regardless when I thought Marjory died I went berserk. At that point I just wanted to see Scarlet dead.
As I made that final blow, my mind cleared. It’s almost like I became my character for a second there. Started thinking rationally again. I wished Scarlet was still alive, so she could be questioned. That I might have overreacted.
Then I saw Marjory wake up. Tear went down my cheek. They created something that I though could not be recreated since our mentors died. I actually cared for those characters again. Something I told myself I’d never do again after watching Sieran die.

Oh god, Sieran…

My response was “Kitten that naked Mesmer is going to die and I’ll have to revive her.” And I ran after Kasmeer. I like Marjory, but I never suspected she was dead.

[ARES]

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Braham is a huge male norn.

Well, “huge” relatively speaking. He’s probably like 7’0, 300 pounds, he’s not much bigger than Logan.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

There’s a good question. I mean, I understand, my Mesmer feels like she’s not wearing any armor, but still, with Kasmeer literally naked I’m not sure I know how she stays alive.

PS. to those of you answering me with serious answers, thanks, but the time for serious answers has long past. Fun thread go!

But Kasmeer obviously studied at the same school Anise and Lady Wynne went to.
Have you seen the illusion army?
Both my Mesmers are in envy of her.

As for the Sylvari- we are the master race- we emerge fully grown with a knowledge of how to be.
We can fight from birth and as saplings we are interested in all things

The fact that we glow at night are just a bonus

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Lol, while I love the idea of a Norn being built like a freaking tank, we both know that isn’t realistic.

You wanna talk realistic? My human Thief killed an Elder Dragon, and a walking plant took credit for it. I think my issue holds more of a realism argument. Just saying.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Lilith Ajit.6173

@Morrigan yeah well we Asura experimented on you.

@Smooth we all know that Zhaitan’s death at the hand of Trahearne was all a ruse. #ZhaitanLives2014

[ARES]

Fluffball.8307

You wanna talk realistic? My human Thief killed an Elder Dragon, and a walking plant took credit for it. I think my issue holds more of a realism argument. Just saying.

Trahearn never claimed credit for killing the dragon. He tells he he’s sad that he can’t continue on to help you with the fight and has to stay and work on Orr.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Trahearn never claimed credit for killing the Dragon. He tells he he’s sad that he can’t continue on to help you with the fight and has to stay and work on Orr.

Only Trahearne haters allowed in this thread

And he spoke funny. And he tasted like okra.

[ARES]

Smooth Penguin.5294

Trahearn never claimed credit for killing the Dragon. He tells he he’s sad that he can’t continue on to help you with the fight and has to stay and work on Orr.

Wait… you know how he tastes???

Fluffball.8307

Fun fact: human saliva has antibacterial properties.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Fun fact: human saliva has antibacterial properties.

This thread got uncomfortable quick.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Wait… You don’t?

[ARES]

Kal Spiro.9745

It’s a well known fact that all Sylvari taste of okra. It’s a basic aspect of their anatomy. Just like humans taste like pork.

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

(Side note, during the cut scenes, did any of you think it was weird and immersion breaking how your character just stood there, still, staring in one direction or the other?)

Not really, as my character is a cynical beeach, it was perfect for her. I actually sat back and let Kas run into the force field over and over, hoping for her death. If I had my way, My character would have joined Scarlet and perhaps adopted her, the crazy little daughter my character dreams of. Just like her mums. Weeps on Starlight’s shoulder

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Lilith Ajit.6173

(Side note, during the cut scenes, did any of you think it was weird and immersion breaking how your character just stood there, still, staring in one direction or the other?)

Not really, as my character is a cynical beeach, it was perfect for her. I actually sat back and let Kas run into the force field over and over, hoping for her death. If I had my way, My character would have joined Scarlet and perhaps adopted her, the crazy little daughter my character dreams of. Just like her mums. Weeps on Starlight’s shoulder

pats

There there, that crazy piece of rotten okra died with a smile on her crazy lips. She’s in a better place.

[ARES]

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

pats

There there, that crazy piece of rotten okra died with a smile on her crazy lips. She’s in a better place.

My poor darling… I guess we’ll have to scoop Taimi up.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Lilith Ajit.6173

pats

My poor darling… I guess we’ll have to scoop Taimi up.

Next best thing, for sure!

[ARES]

Posted by: Chidori.9483

Chidori.9483

My friend and I did it as quaggans the second time, but yes my character looked really bored the entire cut scene the first time.

LOYALTY | HONOR | DEDICATION | RESPECT | FAMILY | LIQUOR
_____________________ VANQUISH _____________________

Lilith Ajit.6173

My friend and I did it as quaggans the second time, but yes my character looked really bored the entire cut scene the first time.

Aha so true. My human warrior kept doing that bored model pose while Braham clutched his leg and “sssssss ahhhh” for that whole time. Can’t say I blame her

[ARES]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Braham is a huge male norn.

Well, “huge” relatively speaking. He’s probably like 7’0, 300 pounds, he’s not much bigger than Logan.

Lol I was thinking in comparison to Majory. ‘huge’ ‘small’ etc are always sort of relative to whatever they are being compared to/against.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

The immersion problem I can relate to. For some reason or another I had turned my back to Scarlett just as the cutscene started. Spent the entire scene facing away from here.
At some point I gave up hope of me being realigned and started to believe my character was punishing Scarlett with indifference. Of course then I had to ask myself, why I went there in the first place.

That aside, I have to admit I liked the scene.However I’m still waiting for Rox to realize that she already has a warband, sort of. Ableit one with a curious lack of Charr.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Fluffball.8307

That aside, I have to admit I liked the scene.However I’m still waiting for Rox to realize that she already has a warband, sort of. Ableit one with a curious lack of Charr.

I think she did in that scene. She says something along the lines of ’it’s always better to stay with friends.’ I can’t remember the quote, but that was the feeling behind it.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Lol, while I love the idea of a Norn being built like a freaking tank, we both know that isn’t realistic. Bones and flesh of Norn guardian versus Human Necromancer are essentially equal

Umm.. so you’re saying that your legs can take as much punishment as, say, a bears? You really have no idea what you’re talking about.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I think it might have already been said, but Norn aren’t just bigger Humans. Norn are very much non-green hulks. They are brutally strong and built. If you have seen the Norn starting cinematic, you can even see a Norn lifting a boulder as big as him, or bigger.

Norn also produce a lot of body heat, and that is why you can see Norn sleeping around in the snow, or walking very light clothed in it without getting injured.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lol, while I love the idea of a Norn being built like a freaking tank, we both know that isn’t realistic. Bones and flesh of Norn guardian versus Human Necromancer are essentially equal

Umm.. so you’re saying that your legs can take as much punishment as, say, a bears? You really have no idea what you’re talking about.

Hey now, no need to be hostile.

[ARES]

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think it might have already been said, but Norn aren’t just bigger Humans. Norn are very much non-green hulks. They are brutally strong and built. If you have seen the Norn starting cinematic, you can even see a Norn lifting a boulder as big as him, or bigger.

Norn also produce a lot of body heat, and that is why you can see Norn sleeping around in the snow, or walking very light clothed in it without getting injured.

This is true,

But I still can’t figure out why Braham was on the ground for so long just because of a broken leg. So much for his legend!

[ARES]