Taimi mini for Christina

Taimi mini for Christina

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

No new posts needed; feedback thread has already been passed along.

Everyone abruptly turns around and stares at Danicia with expectant puppy dog eyes.

pretty much lol. I want both the charity mini on the gem store and the free mini for Christina to happen.

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Her default size is already smaller than a miniature. A miniature version of her would look like an ant.

If a miniature of Taimi would be too small, perhaps they could make a set of pauldrons with Taimi sitting on one shoulder. That way she can always be with us on our adventures!

PWEASE!!

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Everyone abruptly turns around and stares at Danicia with expectant puppy dog eyes.

pretty much lol. I want both the charity mini on the gem store and the free mini for Christina to happen.

PRETTY PLEASE?

Attachments:

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I’d gladly support any type of charity via GW2

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Norin Swift.6342

Norin Swift.6342

After reading Christina’s post and seeing this, I would certainly buy gems to get an in-game mini/skin of which a portion of the proceeds went to an MS-related charity.

Advocacy and charity are not likely major components of Anet’s business model, but I for one would be more than willing to purchase gem store items tied to some donation for charity, and would love to see something like this.

Thorin Graf – Leader of The League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I doubt Christina wants special treatment. I’m willing to bet that she’d prefer to be treated equally like everyone else.

This. People with a disability, a genetic condition, or even people that are temporarily in a wheelchair because of an accident, usually just want one thing: to be treated normally, like everyone else.

I feel you, you read something that moved you, and you want to _do_ something. Well, you can. Next time when you’re in a crowded subway, train or tram, take your eyes off your phone and check if others need your seat more than you do. That’s a huge leap forward in thinking. And actually _seeing_ the world around you.

I like fadeaway’s proposal to introduce a mini Taimi, the proceeds of which are used for MS research. That’s entirely at the discretion of Anet though.

Yes. My epilepsy ranks as an unseen disability, but I did not enjoy how I was treated after throwing it down in IT class when I was a teenager (I was never allowed on a computer in school again). I did not enjoy it when, with resulting injuries still apparent on my face, my friends and acquaintances seemed to melt into the background for an entire week until I looked "normal" again. I got myself into computer gaming, despite all the advice to the contrary, but that’s my positive. For me, it’s definitely true that the last thing I want is to be marked as so* different as to be totally alien (a degree of different is okay); but no matter how big the difference is, the desire to be accepted is overriding. Most people, with or without disabilities, want that, and for some it comes easier (and for some, never at all). Still the want is universal, and by using imagination and empathy, it’s not hard to go that little bit further in everyday life to accept others for who they are (not what). Like Buttercup says, it’s that seeing of the world around you.

My grandmother has been using a wheelchair for a long time now, but when she first started, it was astonishing how people suddenly started talking over her, asking whichever family member was helping her whether she (my grandmother) wanted a cup of tea or not. Such people usually got told to ask my grandmother directly. A wheelchair is not something which writes someone out of existence. Nor is any disability.

And to the point of the mini. I like the idea of a mini Taimi, because she’s cool, full stop ( regardless of if she keeps making me think Cait Sith). I don’t need to donate to charity by way of purchasing said mini - I kinda think we should do that anyway, without a mini being involved simply because it’s the right thing to do - but it doesn’t hurt if a percentage of proceeds goes directly to an appropriate charity - or how about a day or weekend where any gem purchase outright has a percentage donated (but there should still be a mini Taimi!)?

*I have not said kitten here. I said as and then so.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

(edited by Ceridwen.6703)

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Can I suggest a mini taimi available to all with a portion of profits going to a multiple sclerosis related charity?

Can someone create a new post about this, along with a reddit post?

Danicia,

You are absolutely amazing! <3

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Can I suggest a mini taimi available to all with a portion of profits going to a multiple sclerosis related charity?

There will be a charity event for MS in mid April (Same as last year) run by the same people behind Pink Day in LA. If you do decide to make the mini. Would it be at all possible that it could be released on the same day as the charity event? (On 19 April between 1pm-5pm CDT/7pm-11pm GMT) and that some of it’s the proceeds go to MS charity that would be so great! Here is the website with last years details on it:

http://toga.gamergivingback.com/

(Slightly off-topic but if we similarly could get some support for Pink Day in LA next time it comes around that would also be awesome)

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

There will be a charity event for MS in mid April (Same as last year) run by the same people behind Pink Day in LA. If you do decide to make the mini. Would it be at all possible that it could be released on the same day as the charity event? (Exact date yet to be announced) and that some of it’s the proceeds go to MS charity that would be so great! Here is the website with last years details on it:

(Slightly off-topic but if we similarly could get some support for Pink Day in LA next time it comes around that would also be awesome)

I’d send your info to community@arena.net as well. That is the address they have provided in the past for collaborative event announcements.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: SonofInnocence.4905

SonofInnocence.4905

I love the idea of being able to purchase a mini that would have all (or even partial) proceeds going to a charity dealing with multiple sclerosis. My wife and I would definitely both purchase one in support.

/signed

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There will be a charity event for MS in mid April (Same as last year) run by the same people behind Pink Day in LA. If you do decide to make the mini. Would it be at all possible that it could be released on the same day as the charity event? (Exact date yet to be announced) and that some of it’s the proceeds go to MS charity that would be so great! Here is the website with last years details on it:

Agreed.

I love the idea of the mini, but if it could be tied into the existing community event that would be even better.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Oh no! Not that!

Attachments:

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This:

While I love the feel good story, I’m against providing special or unique rewards to individual players, unless all players have a chance to receive such rewards. The only exception is Gaile’s Mini Frog.

And this:

Things like Pink Day in LA prove that gamers care. I’m not against giving any players something, but I’m against giving exclusive stuff to anyone, not even devs. With very rare exceptions like Gayle Gray’s Frog minis.

Another idea would be something closer to the actual Scruffy. A toy players can equip with a skill that makes the character ride on top of a golem similar to Mr Sparkles, kind of like the skill to ride the broom in the Enchanted Broom.

Put it in the store, say part or all of the profit will go to a charity, and you’ll see that many people will get it…

…although it’ll be better if it was an account unlock. Unlocks are always better.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Oh no! Not that!

Topped it.

Attachments:

(edited by Darkobra.6439)

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Or maybe we can get Christina a Taimi tonic, that she can use in battle. That would be awesome.

See, I don’t mind handing specific players something special. It’s okay to give one person special attention every now and then. Because that sort of thing completely makes someone’s day, and none of us lose anything over it.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Or maybe we can get Christina a Taimi tonic, that she can use in battle. That would be awesome.

See, I don’t mind handing specific players something special. It’s okay to give one person special attention every now and then. Because that sort of thing completely makes someone’s day, and none of us lose anything over it.

However, Christina already said that loves to play a high movement proffesion, and well, Taimi is kinda slowish… for a fight.

However, a tonic to be Taimi for non-combat purpose it’s great if it was given to her.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

My grandmother has been using a wheelchair for a long time now, but when she first started, it was astonishing how people suddenly started talking over her, asking whichever family member was helping her whether she (my grandmother) wanted a cup of tea or not. Such people usually got told to ask my grandmother directly. A wheelchair is not something which writes someone out of existence. Nor is any disability.

100%, well said. This is why, when driving my bus, if a carer gets on with a wheelchair user (or with anyone with a mental handicap, even if it appears to be PVS), I always make sure I greet the person in care as well as the carer. Those little points of contact can sometimes be all of the interaction that the disabled person gets and a little can go a long way.

I think this thread, and the one that spawned it, has really helped to raise people’s awareness that there are people playing this game that require special consideration. If just one of those people who screams “NOOB!” in map chat during events sees this and thinks twice, it has helped in that regard.

(edited by GuzziHero.2467)

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

I’ll take a exclusive mini Dhuum while you’re at it

AmateurNet

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

[snip]

Yes. My epilepsy ranks as an unseen disability, but I did not enjoy how I was treated after throwing it down in IT class when I was a teenager (I was never allowed on a computer in school again). I did not enjoy it when, with resulting injuries still apparent on my face, my friends and acquaintances seemed to melt into the background for an entire week until I looked “normal” again. I got myself into computer gaming, despite all the advice to the contrary, but that’s my positive. For me, it’s definitely true that the last thing I want is to be marked as so* different as to be totally alien (a degree of different is okay); but no matter how big the difference is, the desire to be accepted is overriding. Most people, with or without disabilities, want that, and for some it comes easier (and for some, never at all). Still the want is universal, and by using imagination and empathy, it’s not hard to go that little bit further in everyday life to accept others for who they are (not what). Like Buttercup says, it’s that seeing of the world around you.

And to the point of the mini. I like the idea of a mini Taimi, because she’s cool, full stop ( regardless of if she keeps making me think Cait Sith). I don’t need to donate to charity by way of purchasing said mini – I kinda think we should do that anyway, without a mini being involved simply because it’s the right thing to do – but it doesn’t hurt if a percentage of proceeds goes directly to an appropriate charity – or how about a day or weekend where any gem purchase outright has a percentage donated (but there should still be a mini Taimi!)?

*I have not said kitten here. I said as and then so.

Exactly. Actually, you showed me the core of what bugged me with the OP’s request. People with MS or another condition, they don’t want your pity. Let me repeat this: they do not want your pity. Christina is not her cane, and Ceridwen’s grandmother is not her wheelchair. Let’s assume for a second that the OP’s request was granted. What would happen? Someone pops out a mini Taimi, and immediately shows that he or she has condition that is “worth” Anet’s pity. “Hey, look, it’s a mini Taimi. Awwwww, it must be someone with a condition then.” Do you really think that anyone would want that? They don’t want to stand out because of their condition or handicap. They get that enough in real life, and it ain’t pretty. They want to stand out because who they are and what they do, just like anyone else.

If anything, Taimi should be a symbol of strength. Not pity.

If you want to fully understand this concept, there is an absolutely brilliant film out there called The Intouchables. A major French production of 2011, nominated by almost every major film festival in the world (including the golden globes) as “best foreign film”, some of which it won. It’s often hilarious and serious at the same time, and zooms in on the core of this discussion like no other film I know does.

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Oh no! Not that!

Attachments:

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Taimi mini for Christina

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Exactly. Actually, you showed me the core of what bugged me with the OP’s request. People with MS or another condition, they don’t want your pity. Let me repeat this: they do not want your pity. Christina is not her cane, and Ceridwen’s grandmother is not her wheelchair. Let’s assume for a second that the OP’s request was granted. What would happen? Someone pops out a mini Taimi, and immediately shows that he or she has condition that is “worth” Anet’s pity.

All it would be, is a gift to brighten someone’s day. How can that be wrong? It’s the little things that matter.

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

y’know.. if they did decide to give out some sort of mini.. they could just make it available to {whatever person for whatever reason} a month or so before releasing it to the rest of the player community.. you can’t really argue about double-standard equality when such measures are taken.. acquisition and availability simply needs to be met on reasonable terms, so no one having to work or donate toward an item feels cheated

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

If cute puppies and kittens (real, not censorship kittens) will make this happen, here:

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Exactly. Actually, you showed me the core of what bugged me with the OP’s request. People with MS or another condition, they don’t want your pity. Let me repeat this: they do not want your pity. Christina is not her cane, and Ceridwen’s grandmother is not her wheelchair. Let’s assume for a second that the OP’s request was granted. What would happen? Someone pops out a mini Taimi, and immediately shows that he or she has condition that is “worth” Anet’s pity.

All it would be, is a gift to brighten someone’s day. How can that be wrong? It’s the little things that matter.

With all due respect, I think you’re mixing up your “day” with the one of people that have to use a cane or a wheelchair every day to move around. You have to realize not all good intentions lead to good results. I mean, what is worse than having a cool mini that, upon receiving it, you can’t use because you do not want to stand out for the reason it was given to you in the first place (and you certainly do not want people’s pity)? Yet, at the same time, how does it make you feel not using such a special gift when you know no one else has it but wants it? All you’d do is put someone in an impossible position every time they log in.

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Exactly. Actually, you showed me the core of what bugged me with the OP’s request. People with MS or another condition, they don’t want your pity. Let me repeat this: they do not want your pity. Christina is not her cane, and Ceridwen’s grandmother is not her wheelchair. Let’s assume for a second that the OP’s request was granted. What would happen? Someone pops out a mini Taimi, and immediately shows that he or she has condition that is “worth” Anet’s pity. “Hey, look, it’s a mini Taimi. Awwwww, it must be someone with a condition then.” Do you really think that anyone would want that? They don’t want to stand out because of their condition or handicap. They get that enough in real life, and it ain’t pretty. They want to stand out because who they are and what they do, just like anyone else.

If anything, Taimi should be a symbol of strength. Not pity.

If you want to fully understand this concept, there is an absolutely brilliant film out there called The Intouchables. A major French production of 2011, nominated by almost every major film festival in the world (including the golden globes) as “best foreign film”, some of which it won. It’s often hilarious and serious at the same time, and zooms in on the core of this discussion like no other film I know does.

I think you’re misunderstanding what the OP and other posters here are proposing. No one is feeling bad for anyone. No one is looking at anyone thinking “Aw, how sad, give them a gift” That’s nonsense. No one with any sense would think about another person that way.

The only reason there should be a mini (or pauldrons or broomstick like gimmick item or tonic) is for charity. Anyone can buy it, it is not linked to having a condition.
And the only reason Christina should be given hers for free (or a slightly different one) is as a form of thank you from everyone for inspiring us and raising awareness.
People don’t want to give her a gift because she has a condition, they want to recognise the contribution she made by sharing her story with us and thank her for it.
But because there are people who may view things the way you describe (and I don’t mean that in a bad way…. it just is what it is), it may indeed be better to just have one item and send her one for free. But imo that doesn’t make the gift misguided, just people’s perception.

I see nothing wrong with marking an individual’s contribution in that way. Remember the “Sanctum of Rall”?

That said, I don’t think it matters even if we only get a charity mini available for purchase, so as to not upset anyone, it’s pretty obvious that Christina will be receiving enough copies as personal gifts to last for a while

P.S. Someone needs to save Danicia from all those critters…

(edited by skullfaerie.7203)

Taimi mini for Christina

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

With all due respect, I think you’re mixing up your “day” with the one of people that have to use a cane or a wheelchair every day to move around. You have to realize not all good intentions lead to good results. I mean, what is worse than having a cool mini that, upon receiving it, you can’t use because you do not want to stand out for the reason it was given to you in the first place (and you certainly do not want people’s pity)?

-blinks a couple of times-

Are you serious? It’s just a gift. What does pity have to do with it? Plus, it’s a mini pet. You can use it or not-use-it when ever you like. The point is simply giving someone something nice as thanks, which is a very nice gesture. I’ve received a Christmas card from Anet on occasion for example, and it really brightened my day.

Maybe I should be mad instead for those mean people having pity on me.

Taimi mini for Christina

Darkobra.6439

Yeah, you really aren’t getting it.

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Tbh I’m not getting it either. Are you guys arguing about if they do the charity thing that they shouldn’t give her a mini for free? Or is this an argument about the exclusive reward thing?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Ceri- /hugs!!!! I liked you before you posted in this thread, now I just have more to like you for.

For Danicia- One of my Savannah kitties, Sarafina (I’m a weirdo, I have 5 Savannahs) maybe this face will work…

Attachments:

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Tbh I’m not getting it either. Are you guys arguing about if they do the charity thing that they shouldn’t give her a mini for free? Or is this an argument about the exclusive reward thing?

Erm, I’m not really getting it either actually… ^^’ As I understand it, some people are upset at the idea of someone having something they can’t have. That confuses me in the context tbh although I guess it’s human nature.
And Buttercup, I think, finds it offensive to give someone a gift because s/he thinks it would single people (Christina they mean, I think) out because of reasons that have nothing to do with it.. So I’ve tried to explain that the reason we want her to have a gift is appreciation.

(edited by skullfaerie.7203)

Taimi mini for Christina

Ceridwen.6703

Ceri- /hugs!!!! I liked you before you posted in this thread, now I just have more to like you for.

Thanks!

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

May I suggest that, if deciding to do so, the chosen charity project is an international one?
There are players outside the US who might like to donate, too. I think it is naturaly understandable that they will be more willing to contribute to a world wide charity (or one that is closer to them) then a national one, at least if it is not in their own nation – which may be too much to do from an organizational aspect.

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Friday.9078

Friday.9078

Here’s one to help the campaign … my real one!

Attachments:

Leia Friday
[OURS] [quaK] [Dawn]
Gandara

Taimi mini for Christina

cheshirefox.7026

guardian, situated.. in middle of screen  o__o
sooooo hard to catch  =^_^=

i can outswim a centaur!

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

agree there should be more charity in gw2 of course arena net could take like 10% away if they do it often like 1 mont 1 charity

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Frog.8217

Frog.8217

my contribution: my real pirate cat (she was born with only 1 eye)

Attachments:

Kalevala – Far Shiver Peaks

Taimi mini for Christina

Ceridwen.6703

I guess I’ll add my little hairball to the mix!

(I’m voting for a free mini for Christina and charity minis for the rest!)

Attachments:

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

For Danicia- One of my Savannah kitties, Sarafina (I’m a weirdo, I have 5 Savannahs) maybe this face will work…

sorry to be so of topic but i need to know. how much is 1 savannah kitten and what part of the world do u live in for reverence i am crazy about savanas but they are like 5k euros in my country

Taimi mini for Christina

Siobhan.5273

sorry to be so of topic but i need to know. how much is 1 savannah kitten and what part of the world do u live in for reverence i am crazy about savanas but they are like 5k euros in my country

Depends which kind of “filial” you want, F-1, F-2, F-3, F-4, etc, etc. There are alot of other factors tossed in too. This makes it easier to understand.

I live in the South Eastern U.S. where all hybrids are legal so there is no limitation on the amount of Serval, however, I know in Gerorgia, the Savannah cat is illegal, and they are in other states as well. Some states allow past a certain percentage of Serval (F-5 and on).

The cost varies upon breeder and since the breed has TICA recognition (still not CFA recognized) it’s really easy to find a breeder you like.

Some breeders charge up to 20k for these cats, do your research and talk with many breeder. My cats varied in price as they range in the amount of Serval they have.

On topic: I bet we’d love to see more cat minis! Must see more cats in game…and Christina probably loves cats!

Attachments:

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Taimi mini for Christina

cheshirefox.7026

i was wondering if it was a savanah.. or just a spotted kitten

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!

Taimi mini for Christina

Siobhan.5273

i was wondering if it was a savanah.. or just a spotted kitten

You can usually tell by the ears if you’re not sure by the markings.

All of mine have their paperwork, save my snow-spotted blue-eyed boy, who came to via adoption from a previous owner. However, I have been in touch with his breeder, and know his background. I love him paperwork or not, even though he tries to eat all my hair scrunchies..

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I would totally use real money for this. I think using the gem shop to help raise money for charity is a GREAT idea. It is a good business model (Anet gets more money since more people spend money when they feel part of it is going to charity), it gives them a great PR face (maybe an article about it), and it helps out a charity.

If they did this it would certainly elevate my opinion of Anet as a company.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Depends which kind of “filial” you want, F-1, F-2, F-3, F-4, etc, etc. There are alot of other factors tossed in too. This makes it easier to understand.

I live in the South Eastern U.S. where all hybrids are legal so there is no limitation on the amount of Serval, however, I know in Gerorgia, the Savannah cat is illegal, and they are in other states as well. Some states allow past a certain percentage of Serval (F-5 and on).

The cost varies upon breeder and since the breed has TICA recognition (still not CFA recognized) it’s really easy to find a breeder you like.

Some breeders charge up to 20k for these cats, do your research and talk with many breeder. My cats varied in price as they range in the amount of Serval they have.

On topic: I bet we’d love to see more cat minis! Must see more cats in game…and Christina probably loves cats!

Sorry to keep this off topic but I gotta ask, why are Savannahs illegal in Xparts of the U.S.?

On topic- More sad eyes to help guild Anet:

Attachments:

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Taimi mini for Christina

Mirta.5029

How bout something for the Vets who lost limbs & had their faces burned off?

One problem at a time. Christina wrote something beautiful so people want to give her a gift of kindness. If it was a disabled war veteran that wrote that people would want to give him something too.

Taimi mini for Christina

Darkobra.6439

How bout something for the Vets who lost limbs & had their faces burned off?

Like a medal, a great deal of money and more remembrance days than people actually care to celebrate? Yeah, they’re the LAST people who’re thought of!

Taimi mini for Christina

Mirta.5029

I guess just saying that because a disabled war vet did say something & nobody gave them the time of day.

link the topic then. Either way though being sour about community asking for something for a disabled person is simply not nice.

Taimi mini for Christina

Mirta.5029

I saw that person’s post & it made me think of vets. It’s a game about war so why not! why is that “simply not nice”?

Because you go into a topic about a disabled person that people like and go “hey, don’t give money to that charity or a mini to that person, because we need it for the war veterans!”. That is rude to say the least. Want to organize a charity for the war veterans? Okay, go and create a topic about it.

And I’m still waiting for the topic link where an injured war veteran made a topic about how they car relate to a character and got different treatment.

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I saw that person’s post & it made me think of vets. It’s a game about war so why not! why is that “simply not nice”?

Because you go into a topic about a disabled person that people like and go “hey, don’t give money to that charity or a mini to that person, because we need it for the war veterans!”. That is rude to say the least. Want to organize a charity for the war veterans? Okay, go and create a topic about it.

And I’m still waiting for the topic link where an injured war veteran made a topic about how they car relate to a character and got different treatment.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/To-Taimi-s-Creators/first#post3691663
Sorry if you felt that was “rude to say the least”. The intention isn’t to say something isn’t valid, it’s to include more people.

Taimi mini for Christina

Mirta.5029

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/To-Taimi-s-Creators/first#post3691663
Sorry if you felt that was “rude to say the least”. The intention isn’t to say something isn’t valid, it’s to include more people.

I don’t really question your intentions now, it’s just that we probably would have more of a chance to launch a single charity right now for one single thing and then move on from there. and I also feel like that person would feel better if we prevented those children that he gives prosthetics to from needing them rather than give him money.

Taimi mini for Christina

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I don’t really question your intentions now, it’s just that we probably would have more of a chance to launch a single charity right now for one single thing and then move on from there. and I also feel like that person would feel better if we prevented those children that he gives prosthetics to from needing them rather than give him money.

what Money? We had a pink day & a ms focus (apparently) I think it would be cool to have something for vets, It’s just my particular feeling. Can’t do everything though.