What to do with 4250 Blade Shards?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Its not a huge problem that they’re going to have stuff that uses them in the future, its more that there isn’t anything to use them on right now. An alternative recipe for Twisted Watchwork Portal devices could be a good use for them. Especially if they are a permanent drop from aetherblades now.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Its not a huge problem that they’re going to have stuff that uses them in the future, its more that there isn’t anything to use them on right now. An alternative recipe for Twisted Watchwork Portal devices could be a good use for them. Especially if they are a permanent drop from aetherblades now.

Also an addition to mining the Clockwork Generator.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Here is a simple notion: Anet needs to plan ahead whether we will be flooded with a certain item and either tell us outright that it is only used for this very specific recipe (I mean outside of the description because obviously they are not even following their own words proven by this situation) or that there will be another use in the future instead of telling us to not delete them (after your whole inventory gets flooded) on a forum thread started by an user days if not weeks down the line. That’s very poor planning and it’s definitely not solely on the players fault but…

Don’t be angry if you deleted yours, it may suck or you may not even care whenever they give you something to use them for. Take it as a lesson not to delete them next time, and if you already knew… then the fault is on you. (I have been deleting 2 stacks a day after getting at least 12 stacks that I kept) Instead, focus your energy on telling them this stuff should never happen in the first place and to stop doing it every 2 weeks/month.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

kittenthis I read it too late, destroyed all my stacks, had over 10….

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I’ve learned to always check the forums and reddit for stuff like this.
this game is to big to try and keep up to date all by yourself :P

Problem now is all my 7 characters and my 2 personal guild stashes are full
I had to sell some stuff I wasn’t planning to sell, well at least not now, to make room for the shards, not cool a.net

EDIT

When do we find out what it is we’re gonna be using these for, other than to create the ugliest back piece in the game.

I’m sorry but that thing looks like a spider crawled up your back and is living there
the spines literally look like spider legs.

(edited by Latinkuro.9420)

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Please don’t delete them!

You can hold on to your extra blade shards, as the team will be adding something later which will allow you to convert the shards to something of value. Dev will be announcing more on that later. Thanks!

Any chance you can increase the stack size? I have a few thousand of them.

Latinkuro.9420

You can hold on to your extra blade shards, as the team will be adding something later which will allow you to convert the shards to something of value. Dev will be announcing more on that later. Thanks!

when I bought the collections expander I kinda wanted my inventory stack size to increase as well, it didn’t I was kinda dissapointed why oh why a.net ?
Hint hint a..net add this feature to the collections expander.

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

These should be used to help build guild halls, it would be kinda cool if the guild had to pull together and build it using all crafting skills.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Well, the fact that the recipe for gift of blades was added to the mf vendor for 5g and you can promote watchwork sprockets into blade shards, should have been a giveaway for future uses.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Latinkuro.9420

Well, the fact that the recipe for gift of blades was added to the mf vendor for 5g and you can promote watchwork sprockets into blade shards, should have been a giveaway for future uses.

^^ that is news to me thank you I didn’t know you could do this already.

Wanze.8410

^^ that is news to me thank you I didn’t know you could do this already.

Unless they bring out new uses for the shards, promoting isnt worth it for now.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Wait, you can promote Sprockets into Blade Shards?? O.o How? When was this introduced?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

To those upset this wasn’t announced long ago, maybe they didn’t themselves know and are only now going “whoa, people are getting a million of these, we need to design a blade sink.” Whether you consider that poor planning is another matter, but at least it wouldn’t mean they sat on vital information.

It is a constantly evolving game, after all.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

maybe they didn’t themselves know and are only now going “whoa, people are getting a million of these, we need to design a blade sink.”

If that was a problem, they wouldn’t need a “blade sink”. Players already knew what to do with extra blades. Make more backpacks, upgrade backpacks, or throw them out. Once the event was over, anyone with unwanted blades would simply dispose of them. Maybe a small post of “no further uses planned” would have sped things along.

Instead, they added even MORE ways to get them, and only now said that they’ll have another use. Clearly, the lack of a “blade sink” was not a problem in their eyes.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

The question now is : will there be a good thing to use them to ? And when ?
Because basically we had been told the same thing for dragonite ore, bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments …
And, I don’t know for you guys, but I don’t have enough stocking alts to store all that kitten ….
We indeed got nothing to trade them for …. except … ascended armors ! … which is still not enough and that I don’t craft since fractals are deserted (because it’s in terribad state and utterly useless to run them and no need for more AR at only lv 50)

Wanze.8410

Wait, you can promote Sprockets into Blade Shards?? O.o How? When was this introduced?

50 sprockets, 1 each t1 and t2 dust and 1 blade shard give you 10-15 blade shards.
I only tried this recipes last weekend, so i am not sure, if it was implemented with Escape or Battle for LA.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I’ll never get tired of reading people complaining about deleting items in the game they thought would no longer have a use, and then blaming Anet for their own foolishness. Why would you delete an item before the event is even over? Lack of space isn’t a reasonable excuse imo and a lack of warning (something Anet are not obligated to do whatsoever) is not even close to being a reasonable excuse.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ll never get tired of reading people complaining about deleting items in the game they thought would no longer have a use, and then blaming Anet for their own foolishness. Why would you delete an item before the event is even over? Lack of space isn’t a reasonable excuse imo and a lack of warning (something Anet are not obligated to do whatsoever) is not even close to being a reasonable excuse.

I think you’re missing the point in a big way. If not for this question, and the developer’s response, people would have no idea about this and would continue to delete them. In fact, it’s not a stretch that those who do not read the boards are still deleting them.

The “complaint” isn’t about deleting items. The “complaint” is the serious lack of communication to players on issues like this. And that “complaint” is quite valid.

If you’re in doubt, think about all those people who kept the Winter’s Day frames and the like for an entire year hoping to use them the following year.

Foolishness? No, that’s called experience and second-guessing about intent. Sure, ANet isn’t “obligated”, but it sure does keep customers happy if you at least tell them what’s on the menu.

Didn’t think that was too much to ask, but you’re not “obligated” to post your opinion about it either.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Thank you, Danicia, that’s a very timely warning.

Unfortunately, I know many people who have already tossed theirs…

Yeah, it would have been more timely a week ago.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Heal-O-Tron requested this thread to be bumped.

Zaxares.5419

50 sprockets, 1 each t1 and t2 dust and 1 blade shard give you 10-15 blade shards.
I only tried this recipes last weekend, so i am not sure, if it was implemented with Escape or Battle for LA.

Thanks for the recipe. Is it a discoverable one or is it unlocked by default?

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Aww, I’ve deleted more than a row of them from my bank last time, until I decided to make the backpiece and started hoarding them again.
They are back to almost two rows in my bank now xD

Good to hear that we’ll be able to convert them.
Though, I still prefer if we are able to NPC them directly for more money~

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Wanze.8410

Thanks for the recipe. Is it a discoverable one or is it unlocked by default?

All Mystic Forge Recipes are discoverable, there is no unlocked by default.

Zaxares.5419

Oh, it’s a Mystic Forge recipe! I thought it was one of the Artificer etc. crafting disciplines.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Thank you, Danicia, that’s a very timely warning.

Unfortunately, I know many people who have already tossed theirs…

Yeah, it would have been more timely a week ago.

It was timely TO ME ;D

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Sariel V.7024

Isn’t there a bank expansion that does this? Or is that just for for crafting mats…

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Isn’t there a bank expansion that does this? Or is that just for for crafting mats…

It only expands existing depositable items.

Like you can increase the size of the tab to hold 1000 sprockets, but since blade shards do not have a depositable slot. It does not affect them.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

An update I just posted:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Alliance-Supplies-Found-Items

As of March 18th, Alliance Supplies will stop dropping and you will not be able to receive any new Found Belongings or Found Heirlooms. Related to this, you will no longer be able to turn in Found Belongings and Found Heirlooms for items.

Sariel V.7024

An update I just posted:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Alliance-Supplies-Found-Items

As of March 18th, Alliance Supplies will stop dropping and you will not be able to receive any new Found Belongings or Found Heirlooms. Related to this, you will no longer be able to turn in Found Belongings and Found Heirlooms for items.

Thank you for making that one unambiguous… speaking of which, I still have cyphers to turn in…

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Thank you for making that one unambiguous… speaking of which, I still have cyphers to turn in…

I still have a bunch, too, but not enough of one type to make a key. Since we seem to be on a roll with communication about these things, am I okay to delete my remaining cyphers?

I wouldn’t delete them anyway until at least after March 18th, but you never know. I hoard things >_>’

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

An update I just posted:

Chests in scarlets lair are back since 4th march, turned in 20+ keys and deleted all cyphers which didnt make a key anymore

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: MikeE.8267

MikeE.8267

Oh great!
I’ve deleted many hundreds of these as I made 1 back item & thought I wouldn’t bother making another. Lol

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Hmmm, that new update doesn’t mention anything about the blade shard exchange.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Zaxares.5419

Actually, are people still getting Blade Shards from the sprocket node? I haven’t gotten a single one for the last 3 days, which makes me wonder if perhaps they were removed.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Actually, are people still getting Blade Shards from the sprocket node? I haven’t gotten a single one for the last 3 days, which makes me wonder if perhaps they were removed.

I did Monday after 6pm CST. I’ll check shortly.

Edit: Yes, I got one from each three strikes of a Copper Pickaxe. So you still get them there. And if you don’t have one, make friends with someone who does and you can mine it in their instance.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

(edited by Tobias Trueflight.8350)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

An update I just posted:

What does this have to do with blade shards?
I smell bad derailing attempt

You wont be able to farm them anymore, at least not from bags.

can still get them from aetherblades, the drop rate is kind of bad considering you need 925 of them. (well it might not be that bad, I just don’t see them very often when I’m farming bags in LA)

You not only get them from Aetherblades but also from your sprocket node in your home instance, if you have it. For lazy people, they implemented a mystic forge recipe that promotes watchwork sprockets into blade shards.

Ooo, I’m interested in that recipe, what is it?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Wanze.8410

An update I just posted:

can still get them from aetherblades, the drop rate is kind of bad considering you need 925 of them. (well it might not be that bad, I just don’t see them very often when I’m farming bags in LA)

You not only get them from Aetherblades but also from your sprocket node in your home instance, if you have it. For lazy people, they implemented a mystic forge recipe that promotes watchwork sprockets into blade shards.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blade_Shard

Kal Spiro.9745

An update I just posted:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blade_Shard

OMG, so sweet. Now I wish I hadn’t made two of those stupid super sprockets. I just went from 2 blades to 84 blades. The two I got from harvesting my node, and I just used whatever sprockets were in my bank at the time. That is going to make this a LOT easier.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I think you’re missing the point in a big way. If not for this question, and the developer’s response, people would have no idea about this and would continue to delete them. In fact, it’s not a stretch that those who do not read the boards are still deleting them.

No that is actually my point. People deleting their items is not Anet’s fault. It’d be Anet’s fault if say they came out and said “Oh, these items are useless” and then they ended up actually having a use… but no, deleting them for no reason is not on Anet, it is on the foolish people who did it. Why would you delete items when you don’t even know what’s going to happen to them? Lol. Nobody to blame but themselves.

People just love to complain just for the sake of complaining.

The “complaint” isn’t about deleting items. The “complaint” is the serious lack of communication to players on issues like this. And that “complaint” is quite valid.

They are not obligated to tell people the future of an item.

If you’re in doubt, think about all those people who kept the Winter’s Day frames and the like for an entire year hoping to use them the following year.

They made the choice to hold onto them. Not sure what the issue is. You either hold onto them or you don’t. It’s not Anet’s problem you hold onto items you shouldn’t and delete ones you should. Personally, because I’m not silly, I wouldn’t delete any items until I was guaranteed they were now useless.

I find it hilarious people would rather take the ‘sorry’ route and delete an item than the ‘safe’ route and keep the item in case. Once again, I don’t think space is really an excuse (dependent on the amount of said item you have, of course, but even then there are plenty of storage options in GW2), at least, storage space isn’t…

Foolishness? No, that’s called experience and second-guessing about intent. Sure, ANet isn’t “obligated”, but it sure does keep customers happy if you at least tell them what’s on the menu.

No, it’s foolishness. Deleting an item when its future is unknown is pretty much how I’d define foolishness in this context.

Didn’t think that was too much to ask, but you’re not “obligated” to post your opinion about it either.

Sounds like someone is upset that an opinion disagrees with theirs.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

Kal Spiro.9745

ANet is absolutely not “obligate” to tell anyone anything about anything. They don’t even have to publish the patch notes. That doesn’t mean it is proper for them to not mention it. There is also no reason to assume that an item, which has a very obviously defined purpose might have a different, unknown, purpose in the future.

Considering we knew what we could make with the Blades all the way through an event that hadn’t been released yet, including the use of an item that didn’t exist in the game yet, it was safe to assume we knew everything there would be to know. As such if you weren’t interested in the only thing that made sense to expect the Blades to be for, there was no reason to keep them.

ANet isn’t obligated to tell us we’re wrong, but it isn’t unreasonable, either, to expect them to have brought it up much earlier, under those circumstances. One sentence: “After the end of the battle the Blade Shards will become even more useful as Tyria works to rebuild from Scarlet’s destruction.” It doesn’t mean anything more than, there’s going to be another use for these things that’s not the backpack, if you care don’t delete them.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Hmmmm, perhaps I should begin farming for these again!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I wish that was possible (being someone that read not to destroy 1 day after destroying over 1k). As dead as the place is there’s no way I’m gonna get as many as I had from the hordes in the Escape from LA… I’ve just given up on getting any of these “things of value” because it’s just not possible.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

People just love to complain just for the sake of complaining.

They are not obligated to tell people the future of an item.
No, it’s foolishness. Deleting an item when its future is unknown is pretty much how I’d define foolishness in this context.

Sounds like someone is upset that an opinion disagrees with theirs.

Please reread those three lines above, and know, without any doubt, cherry-picking apart my response, which simply asks for a little more communication so players will be less frustrated, made you look more than a little short-sighted.

And ANet seems to disagree with you since they’re updating their information about these updates. Much like the second one provided here. So, hopefully, with more responses, they’ll hear less “complaining” or words to that effect.

On that note, you complaining about my response, and then saying what you did, in that first line, is the height of irony.

Honestly? People rather play the game and have fun. And when that happens, few complain. But, after a week of bugs, no loot, and other missteps, people are not “complaining for the sake of complaining” . . . there’s apparently some problems. And, with the many, many patches . . . the proof is in the pudding. If you can’t see that, there’s no need for me to point out the forest from the proverbial trees.

It’s not a “opinion”, this is fact. And if all the events from the prior week didn’t tell you that, there’s another saying you should look into.

It involves blinders.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since this thread has strayed away from the original topic and is no longer encouraging constructive discussion it has been closed.