Compensation for getting reset to level 30?

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i’d rather see as requirement the ability to pug new fractals…
They are even more pug unfriendly …..

Sometimes pug makes things harder than solo….

That is what you get when you make everyone level 30 :/

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Up until now, the highest measure of skill in this game has been being able to solo Lupi or do fractals lvl 80. The most hardcore guilds use this as a requirement for recruitment.

kitten, that’s some uber elitism right there. I had to laugh a bit if these guilds actually do exist.

They do because some people like to play with good players.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

We still didn’t get any compensation, this is very unfair. Our progress got wiped for nothing.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

We have the most wonderful of compensation: we get to play 19 carebear levels. Isn’t this great?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Fractured

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

We still didn’t get any compensation, this is very unfair. Our progress got wiped for nothing.

Nothing? You seem to be forgetting about new bugs, I mean features.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I think maybe 0,00001% of the gw2 community was affected by this change. I know nobody who has a fractal level above 20.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Fractured

daros.3407

I think maybe 0,00001% of the gw2 community was affected by this change. I know nobody who has a fractal level above 20.

Well your calculation is terrible :-D You have to be very casual fractal player to have only 20- level after one year.
I know lot of people +40. I am no like you i dont want to put here some wrong percentage but the number is for sure whole and nothing like 0,000 :-D
Sory but it really made me laugh…
They wiped our progress. Now we have to it again. And with some instabilities. For me it is just something i already had and have to do again without any compensation or good reason why. And leaderboard is very bad exuce. No one even wanted it.

in Fractured

daros.3407

We have the most wonderful of compensation: we get to play 19 carebear levels. Isn’t this great?

You mean those we had before? :-D

in Fractured

Fror.2163

No: except some instabilities, the difficulty is easier.

in Fractured

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

It’s amazingly funny to me that after 20 people complaint about the new armor skin they remove it and it’s getting redone. After having input and complaints from around 85% of the fractals community there is still no changes being made. Wonder when the re roll of fractals are gonna happen….

in Fractured

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

We should at least be rewarded for having leveled a second character which is extremely time consuming. Now pretty much everyone can enter a lvl 30 with a new lvl 80 ranger with blue gear, as long as they have another toon at the required level…

And what is the problem with an improved system? The rewards to begin with were trash there was no reason aside from bragging rights to even do 30+ fractals. The new system is better and you will be better rewarded for your efforts this time around. How is that a bad thing? Also if you want people to sympathize with you, stop mentioning others having an easier time because that just makes you look like an elitist.

It does seem quite lame you just get reset without getting anything in return.
Especially for people with multiple level 50’s for instance.

I honestly don’t care about people who exploited their way to get level 50+. It was obvious you weren’t supposed to do this.

Perhaps give people some kind of reward for every level from 30 – 50 they had?
Would seem like a reasonable solution to sooth some of the hatred.

The reward is probably going to be everything you get progressing back up to 50

I don’t really care about the new rewards much except for picking the skin. I’m mainly kitten ed that I spent time getting multiple toons to 50 and all the money and time I put into this dam game to get that far just to have it reset without any compensation.

You say the new rewards are compensation? Then only those 30-50 should get them, there is no compensation for our time or gold stop pretending there is.

I bought a car for 50,000 dollars. It’s now 20,000 dollars and comes with more stuff. RABBLE RABBLE I WANT A REFUND FOR MY HIGHER EXPENDATURES AND I WANT A FREE CAR WITH ALL THE NEW BELLS AND WHISTLES FOR MY TROUBLE!!

No.

Did I ask for the new rewards? kitten no, I was happy with the system as it was but if your going to kitten my level up and waste my god kitten time then I deserve something in return.

Im just curious, who and how will compensate your god kitten time you wasted playing this game? Im honestly curious because i would like to complain to someone about that too, i just dont know who’s fault is it…

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

lvl 33 from europe (and a gaming connection) is nowhere comparable to 30-59……

Way harder….but i bet its the instability messing everything up.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

daros.3407

Instabilities are just small feature there is no reason to reset us becouse of them.

in Fractured

haviz.1340

Fractals have one hidden, always active instability. It’s called pug.

What has Europe to do with anything?

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

Fractals have one hidden, always active instability. It’s called pug.

What has Europe to do with anything?

1-200 milliseconds reaction time since servers are in USA.
This game was designed to be lag friendly…

Patches forgot that and the ground Attacks that requires jumping clearly show what s wrong (no reliable visual clue).

Not to mention position detction.

As a result see it as a level in wich every signle attack will oneshot you….even a fast cleave from a trash…..was horrible (have to range it 100% and no you can t react nor position if you try to melee).

I m not saying that is a reason to delete old levels i bet 34 is way easier…

GW2 balance:

in Fractured

haviz.1340

Patches forgot that and the ground Attacks that requires jumping clearly show what s wrong (no reliable visual clue).

As a result see it as a level in wich every signle attack will oneshot you….even a fast cleave from a trash…..was horrible (have to range it 100% and no you can t react nor position if you try to melee).

European servers are in Frankfurt but they are connected to authentication servers in US. The game should request information from those authentication servers only during changing of the map or even less frequent.

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

European servers are in Frankfurt but they are connected to authentication servers in US. The game should request information from those authentication servers only during changing of the map or even less frequent.

i heard only german server are there….

The latence btw can come from different reasons….yet is something really noticeable…

And i can totally exclude my connection being responsible (aside being a gaming connection i also have other online games/systems that show me latence).

GW2 balance:

in Fractured

haviz.1340

i heard only german server are there….

The latence btw can come from different reasons….yet is something really noticeable…

And i can totally exclude my connection being responsible (aside being a gaming connection i also have other online games/systems that show me latence).

All European servers are in Frankfurt, you can check it by doing traceroute of ip of your server.

in Fractured

Fror.2163

And before you ask, you get the IP by doing /ip

You’re welcome.

in Fractured

daros.3407

We’re getting compensated with “fun” bugs and leaderboard that makes no sense.

Now after update i am curious if anyone think leaderboard is worth wiping our progress. And if anyone actualy cares about it and is eager to see him there :-D

in Fractured

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

I do not care for the leaderboards, did not care for them when they were announced and now even less.

The first people that made it to 50 did so because they chose to play non stop the first couple of days. Many skillful players did not have this possibility, or enough friends to rush the levels with, so now they will be way behind in the leaderboards. Also US players had a big advantage as the release happens at midday for them, while it’s in the very late afternoon in Europe. Finally the random fractals that a party can get combined with the instability for the specific level can significantly delay even the best party. (Fire Shaman boss at lvl 43? Molten boss at lvl 42? Any party that gets a dredge fractal a few times in a roll, etc?)

As for the set back of the progress… Now I have reached the mid 40s.

All the instabilities from 30 to 40 were barely noticeable and this made the level reset so pointless. Sure, the random Mossman appearance was funny the first couple of times. It was even funnier to see party members randomly die from being struck by lightning in the wrong moments. And it was hilarious to do the Harpy fractal with exploding enemies, not popping stability and watching party members fly to their death.

Apart from that, If Arenan net was so keen to reset players, level 40 would have made a lot more sence. Here at least all the instabilities have been extremely annoying. Yet after a few tries and small skills and party set up adjustments (with small exceptions), all the levels are fairly easy to do.

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I’m already 50 again since some days and I Need to say it is as easy as before you can lvl from 30-40 with the lvl 50 instability ( barly noticable due to ar even with 50 ar) and you can lvl 40 -50 with lvl 49 ( less dmg with not full endurance instability) if you do this it’s basicaly as hard as it was before ( for me it was easier than I never had so much ar but I needed it to get past 40 cause I lvled up the normal way) .

Leaderbaords are just a joke I bet the first 300 places are at least already set with lvl 50 ..

To let ppl be on top who got first there is a joke because you could get lucky and get past 37 with 1 try or unlucky and get mai trin as I got and got stuck…

on top you can get lucky and get easy fractals or getting Dredge over and over again.. it’s just an RNG list… since there is no challenge in doing those Levels theres no Point in having a leaderboard ..

and for the Progress deleted I really think they should start saying or posting what they think about it.. They have a wxp update comming there they just leave all the lvls untouched they even add em up together.. and only cause we’re a minor community there is no reason to commpletly wipe our Progress .. they should better think about commpensation FAST!

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: Derfblue.1389

Derfblue.1389

I really like fractals before the patch..and i still do. I was only lvl 38 pre-patch, but it took me around 3 month to get there from lvl 20. I just don´t have the time. If you only play once in a while but still wanted decent challenging content playing lvl 40+ for 1 hour was fine.
Now i have to lvl all over again, lvls didn´t change, easy as always under 40. exccept for lvl 33 which was fun. But all the others instabilities afterwards till lvl 42 don´t seem to be very difficult.
And its annoying that now if you´re unlucky you get a frac-run which takes 2-3 hours. And you need dragonite-ore for those stupid ascended weapons for AR. You don´t get the ore in Fractals, do you? The only ascended gear related content and your not possible to get it by simple playing. NO, you have to FARM it somewhere else. Annoying! As casual, but still good player i want to be able to play the content I like and find challenging. Fractals was good, not perfect but good. Now, well… when I get to lvl 49 (possible with only AR50 i guess) thats it for me. Then I have to farm dragonite ore, because i don´t think i will get those lovely ascended chest….which a guild mate with reward lvl 12!!! already got 5 of them. ANET, I DON´T WANT TO FARM to play content. I could go on with my pointless rant forever. There are so many things wrong right now in fractals, besides the interesting instabilities…they are fun. At least some of them.
So yeah compensation would be nice, or just fix issues:
-Better loot, fairly distributed over the reward lvls
-salvageable rings
-Another use for pristine relics
-remove undogeable agony
-Dredge-Fractal

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

If it wasn’t for the dragonite ore I would have at least 2 more ascended weapons. The first time around i caved in and did the horribly boring temple events, jumping from server to server. I think dragonite ore should be rewarded in the daily fractal chests. Or dragonite ore could also be purchased with pristine relics (here, a nice use for all the stacks people have in their banks).

I also don’t think that ascended chests should drop on levels below 30. There has to be an incentive to progress further up (the silly leader boards do not count). People that do daily 40+ not getting a chest month after month should not have to hear about someone with multiple chests who hasn’t even passed level 20…

in Fractured

Posted by: Kresa.1859

Kresa.1859

If it wasn’t for the dragonite ore I would have at least 2 more ascended weapons. The first time around i caved in and did the horribly boring temple events, jumping from server to server. I think dragonite ore should be rewarded in the daily fractal chests. Or dragonite ore could also be purchased with pristine relics (here, a nice use for all the stacks people have in their banks).

I also don’t think that ascended chests should drop on levels below 30. There has to be an incentive to progress further up (the silly leader boards do not count). People that do daily 40+ not getting a chest month after month should not have to hear about someone with multiple chests who hasn’t even passed level 20…

Actully i agree, this is a nice idea for pristine relics use ! (maybe u should make a post with such header to attract Anet ^^ ) , and about weapon chest well.. honestly i dont know if anet aware of this but its pretty simple to make those ( i made 14 by now , and prolly could make x2 x3 of that if i focused on making those ) so why the drop rate is so low? i think by the time u get to frac 50 the % to drop it should be closer to 10%

in Fractured

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I never played fractals at all before the new story fractal but I think it would make sense if they made the people being reset something special or at least… something. Obviously, you guys that do fractals have better ideas of what a good reward would be – I don’t have any great ideas since I don’t, but they should definitely listen to you all and acknowledge your dedication with SOMETHING.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

Actully i agree, this is a nice idea for pristine relics use ! (maybe u should make a post with such header to attract Anet ^^ ) , and about weapon chest well.. honestly i dont know if anet aware of this but its pretty simple to make those ( i made 14 by now , and prolly could make x2 x3 of that if i focused on making those ) so why the drop rate is so low? i think by the time u get to frac 50 the % to drop it should be closer to 10%

I’ve made only 5 so far but mostly because I spend all my money and obsidian shards on another legendary. Now my problem is that I cannot be bothered to do temple events for the dragonite ore. I’ve even stopped crafting the spirit planks and the deldrimor ingots, because saving the 50 silver to 1 gold compared to getting them off the TP is not worth the time spent calculating what materials I need.

Since the update i have done about 15 fractal runs and I’ve seen 3 weapon chests drop. It happened on lvl 40, 46 and 49. However there has only been 1 fractal skin drop.

in Fractured

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I like how in the same paragraph you said:

IceVyper.6810

None of them did so for monetary rewards, they did so for personal challenge, for glory and because it is fun.

Followed by this:

What would make them happy will be a one time special skin, a title or maybe a unique mini, unobtainable in any other way. They just want something to show for their accomplishment.

I’d just like to point out that you kind of contradicted yourself there a little bit. You might want to fix your post.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

I guess I should rewrite it but don’t really see the point to do so at this point. I meant that people didn’t do fractals for gold. They could show their progress by opening their max achieved level for others. Now they cannot do that, so they need something to prove their progress. That can only be done by a title or a unique object.