Flame* armor (w/ constructive crit.)

in Fractured

Posted by: SuicidalFish.9482

SuicidalFish.9482

Not only did they reuse skins but they butchered the original ones too.

Before/after

Attachments:

Asura Engineer-Tinker Lina
TC

in Fractured

Posted by: bremy.1390

bremy.1390

now i want my 120 gold back + my gems back. i feel screwed by you Anet. Plus 1 year on that game for make that t3 on my char thrown to the wind…. Compliments. You’ve managed to bring out another player from your game.

in Fractured

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

Two things, ignoring the pay to win argument:

1. All cultural armor should be available to all races. This sets a good precedent for that. Furthermore, it hints at race-changes, which players have been asking for since release.

The point to cultural armor is so that not everyone can have it only, the people of that race.

in Fractured

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

These armour sets seem to be an experiment to me: how little do we have to do in order to get people to spend money in the gem store.

Slapping fire effects on existing armour sets (including a cultural armour set, for Grenth’s sake) and selling them in the gem store just seems lazy as hell, now I’m sure it takes effort but it sure seems lazy.

in Fractured

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

1. All cultural armor should be available to all races. This sets a good precedent for that. Furthermore, it hints at race-changes, which players have been asking for since release.

The point to cultural armor is so that not everyone can have it only, the people of that race.

is not the case anymore. sadly :C

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

in Fractured

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Its absolutely mind boggling how they thought this would be a good idea. Are you guys intentionally trying to ruin your game?

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

in Fractured

Posted by: RyanCid.9270

RyanCid.9270

way to make human cultural T3 owners feel miserable…. Why did buy this overpriced skin for 119 gold for when everyone just pays around 80 gold for a skin with ADDED flame particles????!!!

in Fractured

Posted by: cazo.5018

cazo.5018

The reason each race had distinct armor was so that each player didn’t look the same. With enough armor skins, ideally each person would be able to find a unique mix/match. Once a critical mass of armor skins has been introduced, cultural armor is no longer needed to maintain player uniqueness.

Furthermore, cultural armor really isn’t doing its job. Every charr heavy wears the same T3 armor set. Same with norn T3. Every female human medium armor looks the same. Finally, using cultural armor to distinguish players isn’t working because a majority of the players already roll human characters. All these players have the same pool of cultural armor to work with.

“Unlocking” cultural armor gives people more choices. The hope would be that they would find more unique sets of armor.

in Fractured

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

The reason each race had distinct armor was so that each player didn’t look the same. With enough armor skins, ideally each person would be able to find a unique mix/match. Once a critical mass of armor skins has been introduced, cultural armor is no longer needed to maintain player uniqueness.

Furthermore, cultural armor really isn’t doing its job. Every charr heavy wears the same T3 armor set. Same with norn T3. Every female human medium armor looks the same. Finally, using cultural armor to distinguish players isn’t working because a majority of the players already roll human characters. All these players have the same pool of cultural armor to work with.

“Unlocking” cultural armor gives people more choices. The hope would be that they would find more unique sets of armor.

I think u missing the point why every charr has t3 heavy. Create one, go mist, preview armors in locker. Its not about everyone wears the same, its about the fact it is the olny armor that looks really good on charr, while rest is a kitten pieces of …

If they give out the last thing charr has, i will be done with this game sooner than i excepted.

in Fractured

Posted by: The Cow King.3086

The Cow King.3086

I’ll take a refund for my Human T3 cultural armor, and my Transmutation Crystals Anet, go ahead and send me the refund in the mail and you can take the skins off my armor. That, or kittening remove and refund the RWT armor skins from this patch. Nearly 4k hours in, ranked in the top 100 on NA AP, and this has me so kitten ed that one of your most loyal customers is considering quitting. This is ridiculous. As Cartman would say, how about a little courtesy lick the next time you decide to kitten me?

in Fractured

Posted by: RyanCid.9270

RyanCid.9270

yeah and the people who bought the 120gold armor??! “Sorry” doesnt cut it.
So disappointed in Anet

in Fractured

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Not only did they reuse skins but they butchered the original ones too.

Before/after

That is also mindboggling. Nice find.

in Fractured

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

As an aside, I do want to say that the heavy flame* armor is a truly beautiful reskin, imo. My boyfriend’s female asura was rocking it in the normal style and I think the extra detail added is A+. Lovely. But I like it all the more for being a redesign of an everyday skin, not a cultural one.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

in Fractured

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

I actually bought a set of sorcerer yesterday for a human Elementalist I made after my Ranger and Mesmer who I didn’t think it suited, so I went with medium when doing emperor. I like the non-flame version better but I would have used the 80g Gem store version anyway if I had waited a day and saved myself the extra 60g when you add the transmutes.

With moneygrubs like this new batch of armor and always trying to draw from the same customers; people will probably look at buying the cultural armor as the better deal two months from now. The player base isn’t going to keep supporting their greed and gems will only go higher.

(edited by Mister Stygian.2135)

in Fractured

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Now, I wanna be clear, I don’t have a problem with reskins. I do have a problem with gem store reskins.

it seems, to me, that it would be perfectly reasonable to add these skins as part of some MF or crafting recipie, requiring the base skins.

or even sell an item for gems that can upgrade existing armor to a sprakly version, and slowly increase the number of armor sets it supports.

Reskinning prestige armors and selling them for cash is just… lazy. Why bother? Is there some rule from monetization that you have to put of armor every two patches now?

That seems to be the case.

It looks to me that this was a result of running out of time and being pushed to release new skins. The art guys must have been busy with something else and had to make something quicker. So they grabbed some skins they liked, and gave them some new effects and several changes to textures and shaders.

They should have at least reskined a combination of other pieces.

If they checked screenshots from players, they’ll see there’s lots of viable combinations that look like new sets. Grab one, slap some changes in the skin for uniformity, apply the molten look, ding. New set that looks new made out of old pieces.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Fractured

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I want an ArenaNet comment on this situation. There are A LOT of angry people rampaging about the game over this. Do those of us who spent 120g for cultural’s get refunds? Probably not, but they had promised that they would never do this, in fact I’m sure if we spend enough time we can find the posts where developers have stated that cultural armor and how it’s acquired would remain the way it always had been. Now, I know you could say this isn’t the cultural armor, and it’s different because you added ugly particles to it. Either way, same armor model. Couldn’t bother to actually design unique and new armor skins to compliment whatever you were trying to do here?

Please, don’t bother re-skinning old armor sets and selling them to us in the gem shop. Now that you’ve done it to 1 of the culturals, I guess you’ve got to spend the next 3 or 4 updates doing it to the rest of them to make it “fair”, instead of giving us new & original sets we would actually be happy to buy.

in Fractured

Posted by: Nep Leet.5491

Nep Leet.5491

- Offering reskinned armor to customers (regardless of the effects added)—in the Gem Store—could be considered crass and lazy (and well, greedy, in the most unsavory of ways).

- Reskinning an expensive, race-specific armor and offering it to everyone devalues the original set, creating ill-will, frustration and discontent amongst your customers.

- Reskinning an armor set which is available only through WvW devalues the effort made to obtain the original set—leading to ill-will amongst your customers.

- Jumping the gun on offering skins in the Gem Store with animated-pulsing-glowing armor-effects like this which, instead, could have and should have been considered very rare and very special—and reserved only for “Legendary” quality armor sets, for instance. (Or Legendary Dyes which would apply these various effects to armor dye channels.)

- The effects on some of the armor pieces are quite spectacular looking (for instance, the heavy armor skin with high-contrast dye is awesome), but the overall execution and presentation (reskins, specifically) to customers is what has left me, and apparently many other customers, very miffed and disenchanted.

- This is the first time I have been genuinely turned off by offerings from the Gem Store and I have found myself reticent to consider purchasing gems if, in the future, you continue to have poorly thought through offerings like this available in the gem store in the future.

- In conclusion, please ensure future offerings in the Gem Store do not devalue what your customers can obtain in-game.

You Live, You Learn
You Die, You Learn Faster

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My thoughts on the three new gemstore armor sets Flamekissed, Flamewalker and Flamewrath:

The good

• Love the names. They made me super-excited to see the new armor sets in the PvP locker.
  • The price is ok. After the price for the unlimited gathering tools went up and the toxic skins were more expensive, I expected worse.

The not so good

• Fire… again? What’s with the fire fetish, ANet? That’s like the fourth or fifth set of burning gloves…
  • Disappointed that it’s not new skins, but existing skins with added particle effects
  • Disappointed that the armor sets have no relation to the living story update (unlike the toxic, aetherblade and belated Rox/Braham skins).
    I am even more disappointed when awesome new skins are created and no story goes with them (viper set, magitech set…)
  • Using cultural armor was a poor choice for two reasons.
    One, Some people are understandably cranky that their already bought 100+ gold armor set is now in the gem store with added particle effects for less than half of what they spent (including transmutation crystals).
    And two, now the entire debate of making cultural armor sets available for all races will start again. So the concept of cultural armor is going out of the window, … when can I have heavy human T3 for my norn?

Room for improvement

• This entire armor set, despite being old skins, would sell like hot cakes if the particle effect could be died. Most people I know in game are really really over fire/lava by now, but it would be easy to dye this into ice, mist, shadow, green necro magic, pink mesmer magic, or to go with their fractal weapons, dreamthistle weapons, etc. etc. etc…. I guess I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t make that happen. Players would shower you in money.
  • New gem store armor with particle effects could have been reskins of the PvP-only armor sets that players have been asking for for so long. (Soulmyr.8094)
  • New gem store armor with particle effects could have been reskins using of some of the popular NPC town clothes sets that players have been asking for for so long. (Celestina.2894)
  • Reskins of prestige armor such as cultural T3 could have been released (bit by bit) through mystic forge or crafting upgrades of existing (already bought) cultural armor pieces. (PopeUrban.2578)
    A gem store component used in the crafting/MF to enhance an existing piece of cultural armor to include particle effects would have been ok.
  • If you must put cultural armor in the gem store, do it for all sets. (Creativewild.6319)

Edited to include valuable feedback from commenters

For reference:
The light armor is based on human cultural T3
The medium armor is based on WvW / Invader’s
The heavy armor is based on the Pitfighter set

??I’m confused¿ Why can’t I +1 this post more than once??? It deserves more.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

My only issue is that the particle effect isn’t dyeable. There is way too much fire themed armor as is.

in Fractured

Posted by: Geneticide.6987

Geneticide.6987

You know, I’ve gotten used to anets laziness regarding what they use to milk cash from the player-base, and I’ve made plenty of illogical excuses for it. “They’re just trying to survive as a business.”, etc.

But this… takes it to a new level. Cultural armour..? For every race? Like I get it, you guys are reskinning armour because you’re lazy. Fine. You added some generic flame particle effects. Again. Well, alright. You jipped every human of their 100g they spent just to get cultural armour, many making a human character only for that set. Cool.

But you’re telling me after making it clear cultural armour was race specific, your team satt here and thought: “WAUW DIS A GUD IDEA!” and greenlit it? I.. I mean.. I’m just..

Wow.

in Fractured

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Click the second link in my signature if you have any ideas you wish to share for future armor skin additions. Please keep it civil ^_^

in Fractured

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Therefore, the solution to this problem is to make the new armor cost 2400gems.

in Fractured

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

recall the light armor!! make a reskin of karma armor or sth like you did with the heavy (unsure what the medium was).

personally, flashier =/= better for me. as in this case, the OG Human T3 is way classier than this new flamey one. and i love flame on some of me armor. but it just doesn’t look as nice. but the fact that it is pretty much based off Cultural armor and now anyone can wear it.. not sure how to feel about it. so imagine those that worked their butt off to make that gold to get that set. part of the “end-game” for gw2 is getting the look that you want. to be vain. to show off your latest set. cultural armor meant something. “AWW i wish i was a charr so i could get that helm!” “mang, i love the asura set” “i’m gonna go roll a human warrior now” nope. none of that anymore.

many peple will covnert gold to gems. many will even pay for it with IRL money. and there are a TON of things that could be done for sales – not this.

(am sure many love t his set.. but come up with something else that will leave people’s mouths watering. don’t mess with existing “systems”).

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Fractured

Posted by: Sailsd.9245

Sailsd.9245

As much as I’m opposed to this skin. Holy kitten it looks good on my Sylvari Mesmer xD

in Fractured

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

This is unacceptable, basically putting some particle effects on a T3 unique armor that everyone people worked hard for it and sell it for something less than 100+ gold. Open your eyes anet, if you find that acceptable, I would think that you find that it’s acceptable to put infinite light in the gemstore 800gems and recoloring it red. Unacceptable.

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

(edited by Moka.9641)

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m not opposed to reskins, but I am baffled by the decision to make the skin be based off the T3 Human Cultural. At 800 gems, it is a lot cheaper to get something that’s, arguably, prettier and more eye-catching.

That said, I never agreed with the ridiculous price of T3 Cultural in the first place. (Especially for armor that wasn’t even Exotic.) I honestly feel that the price of T3 across the board should be reduced to about 20g, and everybody who has bought a set of T3 Cultural gets refunded 100g and a set of 6 Transmutation Crystals per T3 set.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

light armor is awesome actually
medium and heavy is i really really bad

I feel you missed the point.

no, i understand where ppl are comming from, about gold cost, remake of t3s etc.

i am just saying i actually like the light armor skin the way it is made, but i play thief and i find medium skin hella ugly

Nothing new there. Every medium skin looks like kitten, except duelist on female and trooper on male. Least I like trooper on my norn thief.

in Fractured

Posted by: Questionable.4631

Questionable.4631

I want an ArenaNet comment on this situation. There are A LOT of angry people rampaging about the game over this. Do those of us who spent 120g for cultural’s get refunds? Probably not, but they had promised that they would never do this, in fact I’m sure if we spend enough time we can find the posts where developers have stated that cultural armor and how it’s acquired would remain the way it always had been. Now, I know you could say this isn’t the cultural armor, and it’s different because you added ugly particles to it. Either way, same armor model. Couldn’t bother to actually design unique and new armor skins to compliment whatever you were trying to do here?

Please, don’t bother re-skinning old armor sets and selling them to us in the gem shop. Now that you’ve done it to 1 of the culturals, I guess you’ve got to spend the next 3 or 4 updates doing it to the rest of them to make it “fair”, instead of giving us new & original sets we would actually be happy to buy.

I’m hoping for an Anet comment on this as well.
This really does just seem lazy on their part.

in Fractured

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

The whole thing is a disgrace. Instead of kittening over the players by hatefully retexturing skins, why could they not spend the now wasted time fixing the plethora of kittened up skins for non-human races?

What the absolute kitten is happening at this company?!

in Fractured

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Also, I think this fiasco needs a nickname. I vote “Particlegate”

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Fractured

Posted by: Nep Leet.5491

Nep Leet.5491

Flameskingate!

You Live, You Learn
You Die, You Learn Faster

in Fractured

Posted by: Bero.2193

Bero.2193

STOP buying gems it’s as simple as that, the only reason Anet keep doing this crap is because people are buying gems.

Anet have been re-using old skins since day one, their design team is either;

1. Lazy
2. Being pressured to use the same designs
3. Have a complete lack of imagination

Commander Tálok

in Fractured

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Some constructive critique:

Please, please, please, if you make a gem-store armour, even if it is only a reskin, adjust it for a tail. None of the three skins actually work on a Charr.

in Fractured

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

The reskin Is obviously lazy and a cash grab. But generally I don’t care what crappy skins they sell in the gem store, it doesn’t affect me, if people want to spend money on it let them.

What does effect me and everyone in the game is co-opting cultural armor. I don’t know if anyone at anet remembers but there’s a reason it’s called cultural – only your race can wear it. For humans that concept has been destroyed. This is a huge deal, a huge change, and the fact that it wasn’t announced or discussed tells me anet knows it was problematic. What confuses me is why they went through with it. Of all the other skins in the game…..why in the world chose cultural? It’s just looking for controversy at that point.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

in Fractured

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

I just can’t believe it…

in Fractured

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

I am still flabbergasted that they put cultural armour in the store and gave in glow (regardless of how you feel about fire effects, glow/glitter/sparkle is generally how high level armours are distinguished in many MMOs).

So they take an already rare armour make it “more special” then put it in the cash shop – but only for one of the armours. While I personally like the heavy armour the heavy set is based off the heavy and medium reskins are some of the easiest to get in game – the medium is boring, with significantly less glow than the other two sets.

Anet if you needed to use re-skins to save time there were so many better ways to have done it – the OP has a nice list.

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

One, Some people are understandably cranky that their already bought 100+ gold armor set is now in the gem store with added particle effects for less than half of what they spent (including transmutation crystals).
    And two, now the entire debate of making cultural armor sets available for all races will start again. So the concept of cultural armor is going out of the window, … when can I have heavy human T3 for my norn?

I’d call it equity this time…..
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Skin-acquirement-needs-to-stay-hard/page/3#post3261560

People asked skins to be easy accessible to everyone without having to grind?

how does that differs…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Posted by: Chesterakos.2804

Chesterakos.2804

Obviously it was a really really poor choice for them to go with the cultural armor. Also obviously it’s too late to take it back now. I would be ok if they admitted their fault, apologized to the players and do something to compensate those who worked their kitten off to get the gold for the cultural armor.

in Fractured

Posted by: Agaetis.4518

Agaetis.4518

This is the kind of moves I didn’t expect from Arenanet! They started the TP out so slow during the first half year but lately it has just been crazy. And the drop is remaking an exclusive cultural set available for everyone, kitten ing on the hard work people put in to get their look.

This game is all about looks and if they start devaluing that there is nothing left to strive for. They need to carefully think about what they have done and the impacts it will have and hopefully never do it again or they will be screwed!

in Fractured

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

I do have to say after working for months to get my T3 human light armor I kinda feel cheated that its now on the gem store. Plus being an glass cannon elemental with my primary being in fire, running around with flames would be awesome, but since I already have the T3 human cultural armor I am going to pass on this armor set.

Now if I could dye the flames maybe, MAYBE I might buy the armor for another character.

in Fractured

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

honestly as we see they don’t even bother to show up and explain why they went that way, as far as my knowledge goes, the players make the game, you only have a game if you have players… so why ignoring them??? this looks exactly like the issue on DOTA2 with the Diretide not being released on the Halloween. #Anet is that what you really want? I never complained about anything on any of the previous releases but THIS??? This is just outrageous.

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

in Fractured

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Skin-acquirement-needs-to-stay-hard/page/3#post3261560

how does that differs…..

It figures you would come in here and say that….. Aside form the fact that cultural armor is still exclusive for everyone else except light humans, which needs to change now to be fair. All t3 should be available for everyone now. Fractal weapons are RNG. What are fractal weapons?RNG. And whats the only way to get them? RNG. That alone makes it completely different! T3 is saving up gold with 100% gaurentee of getting it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

??I’m confused¿ Why can’t I +1 this post more than once??? It deserves more.

lol, thank you.

Hah!

Some constructive critique:

Please, please, please, if you make a gem-store armour, even if it is only a reskin, adjust it for a tail. None of the three skins actually work on a Charr.

Thanks, I will add this to the OP.

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

how does that differs…..

It figures you would come in here and say that….. Aside form the fact that cultural armor is still exclusive for everyone else except light humans, which needs to change now to be fair. All t3 should be available for everyone now. Fractal weapons are RNG. What are fractal weapons?RNG. And whats the only way to get them? RNG. That alone makes it completely different! T3 is saving up gold with 100% gaurentee of getting it.

i am not a troll so i won t answer i m happy for what they did with T3…
As soon i saw it i just was glad i didn t buy one….

But i hoped at least served to make some people understand its not fair to attack the HORIZONTAL progression of few players….

If it wasn t enough, don t worry if fotm and T3 skin mess will be accepted there will be lot more soon….

Maybe when everything will be common it will fix itself, in the meantime we have random minorities progression dleted….

(p.s. and being random doesn t mean not involving skill.. i think people able to play efficiently fotm 48+ already posted their collections of entire bank slots full of skins… could link mine if you need… but this is OT).

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

Someone said that now that we have human T3 cultural, we should have all culturals available for any character, and I agree with that.

BUT

I would have NEVER made this choice in the first place (the one to put a cultural armor in gemstore). I am a norn, I chose to be a norn ‘cause I like their culture and their environment, and I want to be the only one (alongside to other norns) to wear norn armors, be them stag or wolf or whatever. It’s the really and only peculiarity a character could have (or could had at this point), being a part of his race.

Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

in Fractured

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

My female elementalist would look awesome in Zojia-style armor!

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Fractured

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

how does that differs…..

i am not a troll so i won t answer i m happy for what they did with T3…
As soon i saw it i just was glad i didn t buy one….

But i hoped at least served to make some people understand its not fair to attack the HORIZONTAL progression of few players….

If it wasn t enough, don t worry if fotm and T3 skin mess will be accepted there will be lot more soon….

Maybe when everything will be common it will fix itself, in the meantime we have random minorities progression dleted….

(p.s. and being random doesn t mean not involving skill.. i think people able to play efficiently fotm 48+ already posted their collections of entire bank slots full of skins… could link mine if you need… but this is OT).

I was doing fractal 48 daily for awhile, like i have told you a bunch of times and i dont have a lot of skins. 2 of them are duplicates. There is some skill involved but mostly luck like everyone has stated to you many times. All you are doing is trying to milk this oppurtunity for your fractal weapons to stay ridiculous rng. But the worst thing about it u stated people are attacking your horinzontal progression of your fractal weapons. What horizontal progression???! Some people got fractal greatsword on their first fractal 20. You call that progression they made? rng lordbyron rng*.. You are taking so much out of context.

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

I was doing fractal 48 daily for awhile, like i have told you a bunch of times and i dont have a lot of skins. 2 of them are duplicates. There is some skill involved but mostly luck like everyone has stated to you many times. All you are doing is trying to milk this oppurtunity for your fractal weapons to stay ridiculous rng. But the worst thing about it u stated people are attacking your horinzontal progression of your fractal weapons. What horizontal progression???! Some people got fractal greatsword on their first fractal 20. You call that progression they made? rng lordbyron rng*.. You are taking so much out of context.

It just suggest me that it hurts being the minority ….

Yet you didn t learn the lesson….Maybe next time….your rare stuff will become common you ll understand to be less selfish.

because you seems still to care only for your stuff…..rather than seeing the wrong ethic behind those decisions and seeing them as potential risk for the Whole community/game.

GW2 balance:

in Fractured

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

Someone said that now that we have human T3 cultural, we should have all culturals available for any character, and I agree with that.

BUT

I would have NEVER made this choice in the first place (the one to put a cultural armor in gemstore). I am a norn, I chose to be a norn ‘cause I like their culture and their environment, and I want to be the only one (alongside to other norns) to wear norn armors, be them stag or wolf or whatever. It’s the really and only peculiarity a character could have (or could had at this point), being a part of his race.

Forgot to mention something.

IMO, the skins bought from Gemstore should be “infinite-use”, just like Zenith weapons skins, for 2 reasons:

• the cost (the gem price is getting higher and higher and it won’t stop getting higher);
  • the upcoming ascended armors (800 + ~200 gems for an old skin is too much, even if it’s still cheaper then buying a whole T3 cultural set and the 6 fine stones to transmute your armor).
Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

in Fractured

Posted by: clocksword.6052

clocksword.6052

Lazy… Nuff said

Extremely kittening lazy. And to do it with three existing armors is kittening arrogant. The community being angry over a unique set of armor being offered as a better version for less on the gem store is extremely valid. But Anet has just made a statement about the fact that they arent above giving us reskins and then making us pay for them.