[Merged] Fractal level reset is equity wiped. Discuss.

in Fractured

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Why reset the fractal level? Well because this:

… adding enemies with endlessly increasing damage output and health isn’t really a very interesting way to add difficulty. That’s why we reduced the HP/Damage scaling in Fractals somewhat and started replacing it with the Mistlock Instabilities that you’ll find starting at level 31.

They set everyone to fractal scale 30 because

• Above 30 new mechanics are going to play a role.
  • There will be leader boards, it would be unfair to keep your level to that since initially you might not have had these Mistlock Instabilities (MI) to deal with and essentially may have had an easier time to get to such a high fractal level.
  • New rewards at new levels, combined with those MI, makes you need to reset peoples progression so that everyone has a fair chance of getting the new rewards.
  • New boss fractals, new fractals all together, on top of that.

Personally If it’s possible for people that initially unlocked their high levels should be able to select these, while still starting out at lvl 30 making their personal reward level start at lvl 30, but their selection options go up to where ever they were at before the update.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Fractured

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Why reset the fractal level? Well because this:

… adding enemies with endlessly increasing damage output and health isn’t really a very interesting way to add difficulty. That’s why we reduced the HP/Damage scaling in Fractals somewhat and started replacing it with the Mistlock Instabilities that you’ll find starting at level 31.

They set everyone to fractal scale 30 because

• Above 30 new mechanics are going to play a role.
  • There will be leader boards, it would be unfair to keep your level to that since initially you might not have had these Mistlock Instabilities (MI) to deal with and essentially may have had an easier time to get to such a high fractal level.
  • New rewards at new levels, combined with those MI, makes you need to reset peoples progression so that everyone has a fair chance of getting the new rewards.
  • New boss fractals, new fractals all together, on top of that.

Personally If it’s possible for people that initially unlocked their high levels should be able to select these, while still starting out at lvl 30 making their personal reward level start at lvl 30, but their selection options go up to where ever they were at before the update.

Once again I’m going to ask, why are we being reset to 30 and not 31? I’ve done 30 and it’s ridiculously easy for me so why exactly am I forced to grind through that?

in Fractured

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Once again I’m going to ask, why are we being reset to 30 and not 31? I’ve done 30 and it’s ridiculously easy for me so why exactly am I forced to grind through that?

A good point. I was just pointing out why (I think) they set to 30. :p To me 30 or 31 is all the same to me, though. The whole fractal business is a grind no matter how you put it. I would like to have a few runs through the new fractals with my guild, have some fun with it and that’s it. I don’t find it fun to run the same content over and over.

That said, if those MI make the experience fully different, I might actually find it fairly interesting. But Im not holding my hopes up, especially as I’m not in a guild that is that high on the fractal business.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Fractured

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

What if they made a special title achievement only obtainable if you made it further lvl 50? I think that makes it fair.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

in Fractured

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

What if they made a special achievement only obtainable if you made it further lvl 50? I think that makes it fair.

I don’t see much fairness in putting a retroactive achievement or title when the content it is referring for has being removed, thus making it unavailable. Such a thing should have been implemented long before, for it to be fair.
And adding a reward retroactively on something that wasn’t supposed to give rewards to begin with would screw up with the people who avoided said content for that exact reason.
Especially since we don’t even have a single fractal achievement regarding personal fractal levels.

in Fractured

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

What if they made a special achievement only obtainable if you made it further lvl 50? I think that makes it fair.

I don’t see much fairness in putting a retroactive achievement or title when the content it is referring for has being removed, thus making it unavailable. Such a thing should have been implemented long before, for it to be fair.
And adding a reward retroactively on something that wasn’t supposed to give rewards to begin with would screw up with the people who avoided said content for that exact reason.
Especially since we don’t even have a single fractal achievement regarding personal fractal levels.

Living story gives rewards all the time and they are removed all the time, doesnt sop anything and anet seems to like it like that.

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

Living story gives rewards all the time and they are removed all the time, doesnt sop anything and anet seems to like it like that.

But they aren’t put retroactively, and neither when the content isn’t available anymore.
We already know they are temporary when they are implemented, and we are free to get them until they are removed.
Here people are talking about giving rewards to something that wasn’t even an achievement, and when it will be already removed, thus unavailable.
There is quite a vast difference.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Exactly. It has been done before with no fuss.
A simple title to please people that feel wronged by this change seems a good choice to me. They can show their prestige hardly obtained. I’ve never played guild wars 1 but from what I know that is how it worked. Titles were HUGE signs of prestige. One title to say “Hey, I was there and I worked hard to get there” could potentially appease these players who have put time and effort. That would not enrage people that haven’t done the content like some specific item reward would do. People asking to be put at lvl 50 again though… that is unfair, 30 to 50 is gonna be different so no you have not earned that until you do it.

And I simply disagree with you Manuhell.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

You can disagree how much you want, but the analogy is completely wrong – and i explained why just above.
And they put time and effort of their own initiative, well knowing it didn’t award titles, achievements or any other reward. I don’t see why they should get one now, when they are making such things unavailable.

Would it be fair to give a Mad King’s mask now to whoever finished 200 times the Mad King’s Clock Tower in the last halloween?
Obviously no. People didn’t expect a reward – they were never supposed to get one.
So why should this be different?

(edited by Manuhell.2759)

in Fractured

Posted by: Bloodyhell.8760

Bloodyhell.8760

Ok guys, this is my first post in the forum… be kind with me;).

I absolutely love gw2, and I appreciate a lot affords I see anet is involving in it.

But, this… sorry guys… is simply wrong.

The reason (mr. Manuhell) this case is different is obviously because something we had will be stolen.

That’s it.

I simply can’t let pass it as an accettable misure to improve people experience in fractal, and I don’t care if my first -post realease- fractal will be a 10 or a 44 (my level cap till now).

The fact is exactly that i can not be punished for have done something.
And you know what? Everybody fractal level is not something unvaluable.

It’s a point of honor have reached an hiher level in fractal. We all know it. Fotm is one of the 2 or 3 things that really are difficult in the game.

It’s more than an achievement that you usually take easily: it is a status.

It says you love hard things and you are a pretty good player.

So Anet, this time is a failure. Please do something.

GW2 is my first mmo. I started a the noobest of all. Nobody invited me neither in fractal 10. time as gone by, and now my guild member are happy to have me in a 44 or 48.

So I feel like you’re going to steal my personal story in game.

in Fractured

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

The leaderboards seem to be meant for the “hardcore gamers”
But by deleting the progress you are punishing those hardcore gamers.

The reset will favor casual players.

Where is the love for hardcore gamers?
The only thing somewhat challenging i had so far in the game was Liadri, adventure box TM… and sPvP.

I can live with not getting that much hard content.
But punishing players that invested alot of time into this game goes to far.

Giving us content that sounds great for hardcore gamers and punishing those at the same time is just crazy.

If you will continue this direction you’ll soon lose alot of those hardcore gamers.

But maybe thats what you want… So you can lower the skill laggs without getting new hardware.

in Fractured

haviz.1340

The only thing somewhat challenging i had so far in the game was Liadri, adventure box TM… and sPvP.

Giving us content that sounds great for hardcore gamers and punishing those at the same time is just crazy.

If you will continue this direction you’ll soon lose alot of those hardcore gamers.

But maybe thats what you want… So you can lower the skill laggs without getting new hardware.

I fear that new content will be too easy for hardcore players. I cannot imagine new scale 50 being more challenging than old scale 80. But we will see.

in Fractured

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I fear that new content will be too easy for hardcore players. I cannot imagine new scale 50 being more challenging than old scale 80. But we will see.

Especially because they said the difficulty curve from 1-50 is going to be lowered.

in Fractured

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Especially because they said the difficulty curve from 1-50 is going to be lowered.

They were talking about the health/damage scaling being decreased. We don’t know if the mistlocks will make up for the difficulty.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Fractured

haviz.1340

They were talking about the health/damage scaling being decreased. We don’t know if the mistlocks will make up for the difficulty.

To be honest, anet still haven’t delivered anything challenging for 5 men groups. And even Liadri was quite easy, arguably.

Instabilities will probably be same artificial challenge as scaling and now you won’t be one shotted by every boss with his autoattack.

in Fractured

GoldenTruth.2853

To be honest, anet still haven’t delivered anything challenging for 5 men groups. And even Liadri was quite easy, arguably.

Instabilities will probably be same artificial challenge as scaling and now you won’t be one shotted by every boss with his autoattack.

I have no idea whether mistlocks will actually make the content more difficult or not compared to our current fractal difficulties. I do know that about 2 months ago they datamined gambits in dungeons and found something like “if someone gets defeated they cannot rez and no one can replace them.” Something like this as a level 50 mistlock would probably prove on-par if not harder than current 80 runs since, although number-wise it would be easier, there would be zero room for mistakes.

I just think it is a bit to early to jump the gun and say that they are making the content easier. Though you are correct with the assessment that Anet so far hasn’t done a good job at making actual difficult small group content.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

in Fractured

haviz.1340

I have no idea whether mistlocks will actually make the content more difficult or not compared to our current fractal difficulties. I do know that about 2 months ago they datamined gambits in dungeons and found something like “if someone gets defeated they cannot rez and no one can replace them.” Something like this as a level 50 mistlock would probably prove on-par if not harder than current 80 runs since, although number-wise it would be easier, there would be zero room for mistakes.

I just think it is a bit to early to jump the gun and say that they are making the content easier. Though you are correct with the assessment that Anet so far hasn’t done a good job at making actual difficult small group content.

At scale 80, if you do not have any guardians, if someone goes down at bosses like mossman or archidiviner, there is a chance, close to 100%, that this person is going to be defeated because said bosses hits for 20k+ per autoattack which happens fairly often and hits 3 targets. So getting straight to defeated state at scale 50 would still be easier than old scale 80.

Actually, I like temple bosses but only with 2-3 people. It’s quite challenging and fun, especially melandru.

(edited by haviz.1340)

in Fractured

GoldenTruth.2853

At scale 80, if you do not have any guardians, if someone goes down at bosses like mossman or archidiviner, there is a chance, close to 100%, that this person is going to be defeated because said bosses hits for 20k+ per autoattack which happens fairly often and hits 3 targets. So getting straight to defeated state at scale 50 would still be easier than old scale 80.

I should have clarified better. That’s “You can’t rez or replace the person for the entirety of the dungeon run.” They would still go into downed before defeated hypothetically.

This means the difference would be that after your group fails to a boss at 80 you can just fight him again, whereas, in my super evil rage inducing scenario the group would essentially need to restart the entire fractal. Not saying this will be a mistlock either, just a possibility.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

in Fractured

haviz.1340

I should have clarified better. That’s “You can’t rez or replace the person for the entirety of the dungeon run.” They would still go into downed before defeated hypothetically.

This means the difference would be that after your group fails to a boss at 80 you can just fight him again, whereas, in my super evil rage inducing scenario the group would essentially need to restart the entire fractal. Not saying this will be a mistlock either, just a possibility.

That would be awesome, actually. But you would have to restart whole run, not just one fractal.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You can disagree how much you want, but the analogy is completely wrong – and i explained why just above.
And they put time and effort of their own initiative, well knowing it didn’t award titles, achievements or any other reward. I don’t see why they should get one now, when they are making such things unavailable.

Would it be fair to give a Mad King’s mask now to whoever finished 200 times the Mad King’s Clock Tower in the last halloween?
Obviously no. People didn’t expect a reward – they were never supposed to get one.
So why should this be different?

Reward of playing 50-80 is mostly about getting to the higher scale. Now when they remove those higher levels we lose most of our rewards.
You are probably also have a number which you are care about (whether it is achievement points, gear, gold, wxp, etc).

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

In the end the positions are 2:

1) new fractals 30+ have new instabilities that old fractal players have never tried so they are not entitled to have a rank >30

2) old fractal players are losing 1 year of progression.

I strongly believe there is a solution to make both happy.
But ignoring the point number 2 is indeed equity wiped.

(add the new Fotm “skins” system to add injury to the “equity”).

A solution is needed to preserve equity somehow.

And with 2 simple steps everybody would be happy:
1) titles for old fotm players (1 for 31-60 another for 60-79, another for 80, and another for having alt 31+)
2) aestethic change to new (or old) fotm skins (colour gradient or trail etc just to show a difference without impacting aethetic so new fotm players won t complain)

I don t think it would require so much work … would you see it as a good compensation for your old progression?

If not can you simply suggest something to make both happy?
You can t simply delete 1 year of progression of old fotm players.

If you do just expect it could be done to your progression in the future..ex new legendaries better than old and easy to obtain.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

Ok guys, this is my first post in the forum… be kind with me;).

I absolutely love gw2, and I appreciate a lot affords I see anet is involving in it.

But, this… sorry guys… is simply wrong.

The reason (mr. Manuhell) this case is different is obviously because something we had will be stolen.

That’s it.

I simply can’t let pass it as an accettable misure to improve people experience in fractal, and I don’t care if my first -post realease- fractal will be a 10 or a 44 (my level cap till now).

The fact is exactly that i can not be punished for have done something.
And you know what? Everybody fractal level is not something unvaluable.

It’s a point of honor have reached an hiher level in fractal. We all know it. Fotm is one of the 2 or 3 things that really are difficult in the game.

It’s more than an achievement that you usually take easily: it is a status.

It says you love hard things and you are a pretty good player.

So Anet, this time is a failure. Please do something.

GW2 is my first mmo. I started a the noobest of all. Nobody invited me neither in fractal 10. time as gone by, and now my guild member are happy to have me in a 44 or 48.

So I feel like you’re going to steal my personal story in game.

I know it can be felt wrong as well – but there aren’t right options available anymore.
As i said before, the only right option was putting in titles and achievements with large advance – several months ago – and informing the userbase of the change beforehand, so that whoever was interested in gaining them had the time to do it, well knowing he could do it only for a limited time. Or postpone the contents and do it now. Both are unfeasible – we can’t change the past, and they will never postpone it now.
You say that you can’t be punished for having done something. Right, but neither you can be rewarded for something that was never supposed to give a reward, or get punished to not have done something you weren’t supposed to do anyway.
You talk about the fractal level being a point of honor, a status…but those are all things people gave to that number of their own initiative. The game never recognized it. No achievements, no title, not even a way to display it publicly.
So why should they put them now that the content is becoming unavailable?
It is even more wrong that not giving anything – that is, what they were supposed to get anyway, since there weren’t reward to begin with for completing said that task. Except it affects even more people. And they would be right to be angry, too.
As i said before, how would you feel it they gave a prize to everyone who did at least 200 times the mad king’s clock tower, or whoever completed tribulation mode 40 times, or something like that? How would it make sense?
It doesn’t make sense, exactly as the reward people are feeling entitled to get.

Not to talk about the disparity this would create between people who levelled multiple chars and one who focused on one.

Reward of playing 50-80 is mostly about getting to the higher scale. Now when they remove those higher levels we lose most of our rewards.
You are probably also have a number which you are care about (whether it is achievement points, gear, gold, wxp, etc).

I don’t even consider level 50+.
To quote what you said yourself some pages ago:

(…)Grind to 50, figure out a hole in their system because they just can’t edit one line of code properly, grind to 80,(…)

So i won’t spend time talking about it.

Apart from that, all the “numbers” you’re talking about have an use that is predetermined, known in advance, and it refers to available content. There is no hidden use of those who is revealed after their removal.
As i explained before, i’m not opposed at rewards – i’m opposed at putting them retroactively for something that isn’t available anymore.
If they put an achievement for getting to level 50 with the new patch, i will do it if i’m interested on getting said achievement.
But getting left out of a reward because you didn’t do something that wasn’t even supposed to give one, doesn’t make sense at all.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

We don’t want any extra rewards. Before this change no one was asking for anything. We knew what the rules were and weren’t surprised that higher scales barely gave anything.

But now, the rules are changing. We are losing our reward. We want compensation for that.

Whether they intended 50-80 or not is irrelevant. They let the system stay like that without any communication. They could have easily prevented this from happening. They messed up and we shouldn’t have to pay for it.

in Fractured

haviz.1340

To everyone against any compensation for losing 50 levels (I lose 100). Would it hurt you if we get mini dredge or Clown Cart Fan title? I would be happy with it.

(edited by haviz.1340)

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

We don’t want any extra rewards. Before this change no one was asking for anything. We knew what the rules were and weren’t surprised that higher scales barely gave anything.

But now, the rules are changing. We are losing our reward. We want compensation for that.

The level itself was never a reward – and even if some people are giving that much importance to that number, the game itself never cared much about it (there is literally no achievement tied with fractal level, as i said before).
It was just needed to play higher levels and getting the related reward – and they are either removing or changing (quite sensibly, i hope) said levels.

Also, you already got the rewards you were supposed to get for playing those high levels in the past – higher chance of fractal weapons and more karma when playing lower levels.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Speak for yourself. Who do you think you are to tell what I (we) consider as a reward?

Anyone can step up and say that I’m wrong but no one went to scale 80 for increased karma and higher change of fractal weapons. As far as I know, you don’t even get higher chance and just going to scale 58 would have been enough.

This arguing is really pointless when most of you are so clueless about the situation.

in Fractured

haviz.1340

The level itself was never a reward – and even if some people are giving that much importance to that number, the game itself never cared much about it (there is literally no achievement tied with fractal level, as i said before).
It was just needed to play higher levels and getting the related reward – and they are either removing or changing (quite sensibly, i hope) said levels.

Also, you already got the rewards you were supposed to get for playing those high levels in the past – higher chance of fractal weapons and more karma when playing lower levels.

I assume you speak from your experience. In that case I would kindly disagree with you.

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

I don’t speak for myself – i speak for what i can see ingame.
There are no achievements or titles at all about the personal fractal level – one could finish all the fractal achievements at personal reward level 3. And just because you must defeat the maw a single time for an achievement, else you could just do the first level.
And neither you can display your fractal level – the only way to make someone else see it is going at the entrance with him in party.

You may have considered the level itself a reward. The game does not.

in Fractured

haviz.1340

I don’t speak for myself – i speak for what i can see ingame.
There are no achievement or title at all about the personal fractal level – one could finish all the fractal achievements at personal reward level 3. And just because you must defeat the maw a single time for an achievement, else you could just do the first level.
And neither you can display your fractal level – the only way to make someone else see it is going at the entrance with him in party.

You may have considered the level itself a reward. The game does not.

There is also no title for having karma, anet might as well reset it to 0 just to be on equal footing with everyone.

There is also no title for having a gear. Anet could just remove it.

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

There is also no title for having karma, anet might as well reset it to 0 just to be on equal footing with everyone.

Except it is a currency. With well-defined uses. And they aren’t changing the karma system, as far as i know.
Fractal level was needed only to access higher level fractals…and they’re removing those, replacing them with different ones (or at least it would seems so, but we’ll have to see what instabilities do exactly). Basically making the old progress irrilevant, as they aren’t accessible anymore and the new content is different.

There is also no title for having a gear. Anet could just remove it.

They aren’t changing the gear system either, nor replacing them with something else.
Unless they extend player levels – then you’ll have to get new ones.
And technically speaking, there are achievements and titles for gear – at least for collecting cultural ones.

Yes, the game doesn’t reward us. That’s why we are asking for developers to change the game. If the game rewarded us why would we ask for a change?

Could you please stop rambling and put some thought to what you are writing?

You are asking for a reward when they’re removing said content, that what is wrong.
Said reward should have been implemented long ago, with large advance and making quite clear that it would be available only for a limited time.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

You could have asked for a reward long time if you cared about it. It’s not my duty to make it up for you. The content has been in the game for a year. It was your choice to not play it.

Again as I said 2 posts earlier, the biggest reward for getting to scale 80 was to have the scale 80 (access + status). We have grinded for hours and spent lots of effort only to lose our biggest reward. I’m quite sure most of are ok with losing the access but we would like to keep the achieved status.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

And it was your choice to play it well knowing there wasn’t a reward. So why should they put one now? I’n not the one here asking to retroactively put a reward on soon-to-be unavailable content, after all.
Playing to scale 80 was your choice. I could have done 100 times the mad king’s clock tower, or finish tribulation mode 50 times. Should i have asked for such a reward when they removed those, too, if those weren’t reimplemented anymore as well?

in Fractured

Posted by: HidiR.6712

HidiR.6712

we just want something in return for our progres, cuz its punishing players who is above 30+. a simple title can make me happy for my lost fractal levels

in Fractured

haviz.1340

Except it is a currency. With well-defined uses. And they aren’t changing the karma system, as far as i know.
Fractal level was needed only to access higher level fractals…and they’re removing those, replacing them with different ones (or at least it would seems so, but we’ll have to see what instabilities do exactly). Basically making the old progress irrilevant, as they aren’t accessible anymore and the new content is different.

But they did change karma. It is now account bound and much harder to get meaning that people that have not stocked it up are in really bad position. In the meantime I am sitting at 4 millions of karma and have not received more than 100k since the change (end of August if I recall correctly). I would be perfectly okay if anet had reset karma to 0 for everyone. Or 100k because it is nice even number.

They aren’t changing the gear system either, nor replacing them with something else.
Unless they extend player levels – then you’ll have to get new ones.
And technically speaking, there are achievements and titles for gear – at least for collecting cultural ones.

It is harder to get karma gear now, new players or players that did not want that kind of gear are now royally kittened over. Again, anet could remove that gear (karma gear) saying you earned it by doing now defunct content or receiving too much rewards.

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yeah, the issue with adding something special for people that managed to get to lvl 50 or higher is the fact that people didn’t know about it until it was too late.
If it had been available in plain sight for everyone more people might have worked on Fractals to get that far, but now they miss out simply because it wasn’t available until it was over.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

And it was your choice to play it well knowing there wasn’t a reward. So why should they put one now? I’n not the one here asking to retroactively put a reward on soon-to-be unavailable content, after all.
Playing to scale 80 was your choice. I could have done 100 times the mad king’s clock tower, or finish tribulation mode 50 times. Should i have asked for such a reward when they removed those, too, if those weren’t reimplemented anymore as well?

well it was clear since start that the TM and Clocktower are as temporaire Content as the living stories. Fractals was and still is ( since they’re not removing or anything) permanent Content in the game that is changed now. So it is indeed pretty on the same Level than changes to aquire Karma before they made it hard to get Karma ( still they dind’t reset Karma for all to be on equal footage). Or if they Change wvw another permanent Content to have a new mastery they could just reset wxp ranks to 10 every time they pull out a new mastery .. because Content was changed and your not allowed to use things ( wxp Points or fractal Levels) that you have grinded before the Content Change to get easy acces ( or shortcuts how you call it ) to the new Content..

you see this logic is ok but it makes all Progress in permanent Content irrelevant…

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Perhaps you are trolling me now but I will say this again. Our reward for reaching scale 80 was the access and status. We are losing both thus we are losing our reward. We don’t want anything extra, we just want compensation.

Bad analogy. Everyone knew tower and SAB were temporary. They were meant to go away. No rules were changed, no surprises.

Yeah, the issue with adding something special for people that managed to get to lvl 50 or higher is the fact that people didn’t know about it until it was too late.
If it had been available in plain sight for everyone more people might have worked on Fractals to get that far, but now they miss out simply because it wasn’t available until it was over.

Sure, it’s not completely fair. But is this? Now people who have put lots of effort get hurt. If they give us a title then people who have put ZERO effort get “hurt”.

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

We don’t want anything extra, we just want compensation.

You don’t want anything extra, you just want something extra..?

Sure, it’s not completely fair. But is this? Now people who have put lots of effort get hurt. If they give us a title then people who have put ZERO effort get “hurt”.

But the people getting “hurt” by this is a tiny minority of the players. While adding some rewards retroactively would “hurt” WAY more people.
They are a company, they should always put the majority ahead of the minority.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

If I knew they are handing out titles for the QP I would have farmed it way more. Why don’t you go to the pvp section and say it’s not fair that they gave one time unique titles to ppl that actually cared for pvp?

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

We don’t want anything extra, we just want compensation.

You don’t want anything extra, you just want something extra..?

But the people getting “hurt” by this is a tiny minority of the players. While adding some rewards retroactively would “hurt” WAY more people.

Compensation is not extra. You may want to check what that term means.

Also not that many would have bothered trying to reach scale 80 even if it had a title. Most of the people can’t handle content like that and probably some would have been repelled by the poor rewards.

in Fractured

haviz.1340

If I knew they are handing out titles for the QP I would have farmed it way more. Why don’t you go to the pvp section and say it’s not fair that they gave one time unique titles to ppl that actually cared for pvp?

I know why but saying this would be extremely disrespectful and I am very kind person.

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

Hm, I must have missed that (I didn’t really frequent the forums back then, so feel free to inform me )

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

Also not that many would have bothered trying to reach scale 80 even if it had a title. Most of the people can’t handle content like that and probably some would have been repelled by the poor rewards.

If you get something that you would not have gotten otherwise, that would be extra.

Lvl 80 should never even be considered for extra rewards, since it was never supposed to be reached.
Lvl 50 has always been the cap. The fact that a small number of people disregarded that and went ahead should definitely not give them extra rewards.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Hm, I must have missed that (I didn’t really frequent the forums back then, so feel free to inform me )

They intorduced a System where you could get Qualification Points if you won a ranked mach. There was no meaning in those qualification Point numbers besides just farming em and having a high number. Than they changed the System and they gave the I think 100 ppl when I remember correctly with the most QP a title( Champion of the Arena ect… ver very rare titles since I think top 5 or top 10 got Special ones than top 10-50 and top 50-100.. those titles are and would be rarer than the titles the there would be when placing a title for scale 80

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

Ah, yes. I looked it up. And I am of the same mind there. Titles should not be added retroactively. But since that happened about 6 (?) months ago, I don’t really see the reason to start shouting about it now.
I am rather sure there were a kittenstorm back then anyway, and it is unlikely that they would do the same mistake again.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

But they did change karma. It is now account bound and much harder to get meaning that people that have not stocked it up are in really bad position. In the meantime I am sitting at 4 millions of karma and have not received more than 100k since the change (end of August if I recall correctly). I would be perfectly okay if anet had reset karma to 0 for everyone. Or 100k because it is nice even number.
It is harder to get karma gear now, new players or players that did not want that kind of gear are now royally kittened over. Again, anet could remove that gear (karma gear) saying you earned it by doing now defunct content or receiving too much rewards.

They made it account bound and lowered its acquisition. They didn’t remove karma acquisition and put new exclusive rewards obtainable only via karma.

Bad analogy. Everyone knew tower and SAB were temporary. They were meant to go away. No rules were changed, no surprises.

You got to the point…and at the same time, missed the analogy.
As they were temporary, people knew they would have to work during that time to get their rewards – as in, the achievements and titles that were clearly descripted. One could have done the improbe tasks i mentioned, but knowing it would give no reward. Yet why should one of those ask for rewards after their removal?
Here we have almost the same situation, since Fractals have become temporary as well.
So why should they change the rules and give rewards retroactively?

As i replied before and at least three times, pvp is a competitive mode and it was focused only on getting on the top – people surely didn’t play to lose.
So, basically, it has nothing to do with the current situation.
Especially since they are adding the competitive part with the next patch.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

If you get something that you would not have gotten otherwise, that would be extra.

Lvl 80 should never even be considered for extra rewards, since it was never supposed to be reached.
Lvl 50 has always been the cap. The fact that a small number of people disregarded that and went ahead should definitely not give them extra rewards.

So if I take 100€ from you and give 50€ in return you would be like “Hey thanks dude for the extra cash”? Do you even have any point or just arguing pointless semantics?

Scale 80 can be easily reached. They could have easily prevented it. They did nothing for a year. So don’t try to tell me how you were never supposed to reach it.

As they were temporary, people knew they would have to work during that time to get their rewards – as in, the achievements and titles that were clearly descripted. One could have done the improbe tasks i mentioned, but knowing it would give no reward. Yet why should one of those ask for rewards after their removal?
Here we have almost the same situation, since Fractals have become temporary as well.

I’m fine with not changing the rules. But that also means Fractals will stay as it is (maybe few tweaks). We know that’s not happening so rules are changing. When you change rules someone gets hurt. I don’t want to get hurt.

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I think more that the problem is that you are not one of those few….

Consider how often they damage the 99% players (pve/www) just in favor of few (pvp).

I think you have no point at all.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

Scale 80 can be easily reached. They could have easily prevented it. They did nothing for a year. So don’t try to tell me how you were never supposed to reach it.

You said this yourself some pages ago.

Grind to 50, figure out a hole in their system because they just can’t edit one line of code properly, grind to 80

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Fractal-level-reset-is-equity-wiped-Discuss/3246384

in Fractured

haviz.1340

Ah, yes. I looked it up. And I am of the same mind there. Titles should not be added retroactively. But since that happened about 6 (?) months ago, I don’t really see the reason to start shouting about it now.
I am rather sure there were a kittenstorm back then anyway, and it is unlikely that they would do the same mistake again.

I do not recall any kittenstorm about unique titles in pvp and I do check pvp forums seeing as I actually did played tpvp quite often. Once again you are using superstitions without any proof or knowledge what really have happened.

In contrast to what happened to QP leaderboards I see here something I would rather not comment because that would be extremely disrespectful. In my very honest opinion, most of the people here probably did not even get above scale 30 and have neither knowledge nor experience to judge people that did.

They made it account bound and lowered its acquisition. They didn’t remove karma acquisition and put new exclusive rewards obtainable only via karma.

They changed karma acquisition. They changed fractals.

Fractals were permanent content and are permanent content. Progression gets reset, not content.

As i replied before and at least three times, pvp is a competitive mode and it was focused only on getting on the top – people surely didn’t play to lose.
So, basically, it has nothing to do with the current situation.
Especially since they are adding the competitive part with the next patch.

It has nothing to do with fractals because it is the perfect example how anet should handle it.

I think you have no point at all.

This is the first time I agree with you and that means everything.