When Marjory/Kasmeer are talking to eachother

in Living World

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

What it sounds like when those 2 start talking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWBapufF90
I
I
I
I

What I’m saying to myself as I’m listening to them speak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtm_Q2LK9g

in Living World

Posted by: Slayer.4238

Slayer.4238

that’s what I was thinking while looking for clues around the crash site. We can see everyone was murdered why do I have to go run back and tell little miss detective everything?

in Living World

Abe Kleine.3568

that’s what I was thinking while looking for clues around the crash site. We can see everyone was murdered why do I have to go run back and tell little miss detective everything?

The entire time I was rolling my eyes groaning for them to please stop lol. The sad thing is that EVERYTHING is most likely predone, so guess what? Were gonna get goo goo ga ga lovey dovey talk for the next few months… Exciting isnt it?

in Living World

Posted by: Chainheart.6139

Chainheart.6139

Okay… so I just thought it was a corny I like you like a sister… but… you’re telling me Leslies?

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Okay… so I just thought it was a corny I like you like a sister… but… you’re telling me Leslies?

You musta missed all the hurling of “homophobe” at anyone who finds them ridiculous.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

it just breaks the tension of the game, we are hunting down a deadly murderer and these two are just going on about how much they love each other. Anet sure know how to turn two potentially interesting characters into two obnoxious characters.

I think they are trying to appeal to 10-12 yr old girls.

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

it just breaks the tension of the game, we are hunting down a deadly murderer and these two are just going on about how much they love each other. Anet sure know how to turn two potentially interesting characters into two obnoxious characters.

Except what you are saying simply isn’t true.

If you look at the dialogue from Cornered, the story instance where we are chasing the murderer you will see not a single piece of their dialogue is directed towards each other. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cornered#Dialogues

And from the other story instances we are looking at one brief conversation in Fallen Hopes which amounts to Marjory saying “I’m okay now so no need to worry about me” and a couple of lines of dialogue in the first instance where Kasmeer is being overly protective and offering to take Marjory’s watch. The word Love isn’t mentioned once that I can recall.

This is why a lot of people criticizing the Marjory/Kasmeer relationship are called homophobic because they rely on blatant misrepresentations of the storyline to prove their points, which is usually the tactics of those with ulterior motives.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

If you look at the dialogue from Cornered, the story instance where we are chasing the murderer you will see not a single piece of their dialogue is directed towards each other. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cornered#Dialogues

And from the other story instances we are looking at one brief conversation in Fallen Hopes which amounts to Marjory saying “I’m okay now so no need to worry about me” and a couple of lines of dialogue in the first instance where Kasmeer is being overly protective and offering to take Marjory’s watch. The word Love isn’t mentioned once that I can recall.

This is why a lot of people criticizing the Marjory/Kasmeer relationship are called homophobic because they rely on blatant misrepresentations of the storyline to prove their points, which is usually the tactics of those with ulterior motives.

It hasn’t gotten to the point of Morticia and Gomez from Adams family. However it may help to have some of the lines not too corny to help relieve our minds from guarding life threatening dialogues at any point and time. So we can focus on other parts of the story, where it matters.

I reckon, people feel like the 2 characters are constantly having both phone and eye sx. Due to traumatizing scenes with eye lid flickering (bad animation ) and scripts on par with nails on a chalkboard.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Living World

Thobek.1730

Kasmeer “Listen. I’m sorry about how I’ve been acting. I just can’t stand the thought of you getting hurt again. That scared the fluff out of me.”
Marjory “I know, honey. I’ve felt the same way about you. But you convinced me that you can handle yourself. Now, let me convince you.”

Its that kind of stuff I find nauseating. I thinking, omg lets just keep going shall we, you can both apologize about each others mood swings later.

in Living World

Abe Kleine.3568

Kasmeer “Listen. I’m sorry about how I’ve been acting. I just can’t stand the thought of you getting hurt again. That scared the fluff out of me.”
Marjory “I know, honey. I’ve felt the same way about you. But you convinced me that you can handle yourself. Now, let me convince you.”

Its that kind of stuff I find nauseating. I thinking, omg lets just keep going shall we, you can both apologize about each others mood swings later.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Yep. I wouldn’t say “homophobic” personally, but EXACTLY like Traehearne, Destiny’s edge, or even scarlet to an extent, the bulk of the hate doesn’t actually become reasonable. It becomes lies that are able to be disproven.

“OMG TRAEHEARNE TALKS ALL CREDIT!” Nope. etc

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

When Marjory/Kasmeer are talking to eachother …

I have a bathroom break, or I make a sandwich, or I watch paint dry.

in Living World

Abe Kleine.3568

Oh man, this one time when I was watching paint dry… It got a little more dry after a few seconds, it was the greatest XD

in Living World

Posted by: BlazerellaNine.1026

BlazerellaNine.1026

I guess you missed this from the tail end of the first Living Story:

Blazerella Nine – Human Elementalist
Mercenaries Of Anarchy[MOA] (SBI)

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

The only thing more annoying then anything they say to each other are people who can’t stop kittening about it on the forums.

in Living World

Posted by: ViviTribal.6310

ViviTribal.6310

The only thing more annoying then anything they say to each other are people who can’t stop kittening about it on the forums.

This! Just stop it or play another game. All those posts on Kasmeer and Marjory are by far more annoying than anything they do or talk about.

in Living World

Thobek.1730

difference is you choose to read the posts about them and even comment on it. I can’t skip the horrible dribble they spew out, or choose not to play the living story without them. You have a choice and still come in here complaining about complaints.

in Living World

MastaNeenja.1537

Oh man, this one time when I was watching paint dry… It got a little more dry after a few seconds, it was the greatest XD

BEST. DAY. EVER.

in Living World

MastaNeenja.1537

difference is you choose to read the posts about them and even comment on it. I can’t skip the horrible dribble they spew out, or choose not to play the living story without them. You have a choice and still come in here complaining about complaints.

Yes, if I could skip that would be great.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

As a response to the topic/opening post-ish:

So…why is it only their banter and not any from Braham/Rox/Taimi? They talk too. Maybe not quite as much, but they still do. The only time it got slightly annoying was the secret room part, with all of Taimi’s screeching, and one of Rox’s lines. “No one’s ever going to be able to decipher these chicken scratches!”

in Living World

Abe Kleine.3568

As a response to the topic/opening post-ish:

So…why is it only their banter and not any from Braham/Rox/Taimi? They talk too. Maybe not quite as much, but they still do. The only time it got slightly annoying was the secret room part, with all of Taimi’s screeching, and one of Rox’s lines. “No one’s ever going to be able to decipher these chicken scratches!”

I actually enjoy a lot of the other characters, but I have mixed feelings on Taimi.

Edit: The reason I have mixed feelings on Taimi is probably that I am concerned for her in the living story as she is getting way to into Scarlet

(edited by Abe Kleine.3568)

in Living World

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

This x1000. Please stop THROWING it in my face that they are in love. WE GET IT. Progress the story without the mush.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

in Living World

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

This x1000. Please stop THROWING it in my face that they are in love. WE GET IT. Progress the story without the mush.

But how can the story writer fill in the blank spaces in the storyline without his/her LGBT agenda? They would actually have to write meaningful dialogue, and not forced lovey-dovies to make sure we know, every single chance, that they love eachother.

It’s cool that they’re together, but for kittens sake can we see more dialogue about baddies and dragons?

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Living World

Posted by: Swag Captain.5318

Swag Captain.5318

When they flirt, I’m reminded of Amazing Spider-Man 2…

Hopefully one of the two dies to turn the other into an actually cool character. Or, ya know, they at least get better VAs.. I’d suggest someone like Kari Wahlgren for Jory as she has the voice that sells the kind of character they tried to make Jory at the beginning, such as Princess Ashe from FFXII. Kas would really benefit from someone like Laura Bailey.

SCIENCE!

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I agree that these threads are ten times more annoying than anything said in game.

in Living World

Thobek.1730

I’m not sure that new voice actors could save them, I actually think the voice acting is very good, its the rubbish dialogue they have to read. It was the same issue with scarlet. A top notch voice actor but a horrible script.

I just don’t know how they can think all this mushy twilight romance dribble is good for the development of the characters. If its because they want us to think that they are pathetic doting wannabe heroes then its working.

I would be happy if they gave the new cast a more gritty edge and leave the lighthearted lines to someone like hobotron.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

I just love Kasmeer’s ambient dialog when you interact with her. I was at the murder scene with Marjory and her and the story was turning grim, I pressed F and somehow interacted with Kasmeer instead of Marjory, so Kasmeer found it fitting to say

“I adore what you’re wearing, I must get a dress that colour”

I’m a male guardian btw…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: GretchenRPH.1954

GretchenRPH.1954

I find Jory and Kas charming and humorous, lesbian relationships don’t bother me, it’s 2014. Not sure what the big deal is. They aren’t big hulking men sniffing their armpits…I dunno, sorry?

As for some LGBT “Agenda,” yeah it’s a terrible fiendish plot to get you not to hate people for who they love. I know that’s flippin’ hard for some of you but extract yourself from Limbaugh and Drudge and grow up.

(edited by GretchenRPH.1954)

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I just love Kasmeer’s ambient dialog when you interact with her. I was at the murder scene with Marjory and her and the story was turning grim, I pressed F and somehow interacted with Kasmeer instead of Marjory, so Kasmeer found it fitting to say

“I adore what you’re wearing, I must get a dress that colour

I’m a male guardian btw…

What’s your point? She was complimenting your dye choice.
God knows too few people compliment me on my fabulous looks.

Besides, what are a few more bodies anyway. We’ve slaughtered hundreds of thousands. Even got achievements for it!

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

To be completely honest, I’m not seeing what some of you are seeing here. Have you been in a relationship before? Referring to your significant other as “dear” is a completely, 100% normal thing to do. It’s not forced or over the top, it’s how normal couples interact with each-other. That’s this “horrible dribble” you described. You’re overreacting.

And tbh no 2, if you think that is “forcing something on you” it’ complete bull, because it’s only what you choose to see. Reading some of these posts of how they’re “all over each other all the time” makes me realize that if people dislike something they’re going to over-exaggerate it, and stretch it beyond what’s actually being said.

And I’m not saying that because it’s purely out of homophobia (though there have been such posts in the past).

That one piece of dialogue where Kasmeer has been worrying over Marjory’s injuries is again, normal – and the latter gave a proper response “stop worrying so much” – again a situation I can relate to, and many of us surely can, when people who care about you sometimes go over the board from worry if something is wrong with you.

What do you think Rox does to Braham? She obsesses over his leg all the time.

I’m not saying that their relationship is perfect, or written in a progressive manner but the strong matter of fact is that people like to see more then there is to it, and let the fact that any kind of romantic subplot in any form of media annoys them makes them write things that are blown out of proportion.

Just saying. Feel free to hate as much as you want really.

in Living World

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Yeah, I don’t understand the complaint. It’s all fluff, and I don’t care, but it’s not being shoved down my throat, or forcing me to think things, or whatever.

I actually misread this thread and thought it was about something else entirely, like how Marjory and her sister sound nothing alike, not even having the same accent. Or how Marjory is apparently a worse detective than I am, because I am personally solving everything and she is not contributing at all in any way.

Then again, maybe that’s the problem. Her entire contribution to this story so far is she has relationships with people. She has a girlfriend, and she has a sister. But her contribution SHOULD be, she’s a detective and I’m bringing her information so she can tell me what the hell is going on, not the other way around.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

If Marj/Kas (Kasjory? Marjmeer? what IS their Hollywould couple name, anyway?) is a bothersome relationship, I can only imagine how mind-’splode the forums are going to get when Braham and Rox start making out.

I kid, I kid. …I think. o_O

But yeah, I ran into the same thoughts as other people have. Namely, the “we get it already” idea. I don’t object to the relationship. I find it forced and, so far, unnecessary to the story. Have you seen the way Marjory "honey"s everyone? I swear she's flirting with me. A Charr. I mean, if she wants to put my hammer to better use or puff my warhorn, more power to her, but.. it's just awkward the way she eyes me while Kasmeer's watching. Perhaps LS2 will see them enduring hardships and testing their bond, but right now, it just feels like a pairing of convenience.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

I am not looking forward to a year of their dialogue… and I used to really like Kasmeer and Majory. :\

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

MaryXkas is the new scarlet,
People will hate it,
People will defend it
And the rest won’t care.

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

well i just came up with a ncie idea..
surely work for arenanet but.. hey players would like it

what if the player that opened the instance can choose which npc he wants to go with?
and every npc says his own stuff

so with taimi we would be thrown to where id like to be thrown while with marjory we get that bone bridge to jump across

and braham enables us to do speedruns because of his “enough talk lets fight” xDD

ok i kinda was not very serios with this one..
but kidna like the mission in gw factions where some characters u chose made shortcuts available …
you could also add achievements for different team compositions…
no more homophob haters in the forum who dont want them together..xDD

if you do the mission more than once (you have to do it more than once to get achievements anyway) you can hcoose other heroes to hear different stuff

you could add some hidden lore that only appears when specific combinations appear like taimi finding in a special mission something itneresting belinda (by default in this mission says somethign about it) and suddenly braham recognises it from somewhere
that would truly be amazing!!

sure work for anet and the voice actors but … anet trust me the people will love it if you do it properly ^^