Don't make Belinda's GS a gem store item plz

in Living World

Posted by: Illuminati.2431

Illuminati.2431

Dear ArenaNet,

I know you need to make some money and that you put some items in the gem store. I’m fine with that, I know you need to make money to keep the servers running and to make these content patches.
But please don’t make Belinda’s greatsword a gem store only item. Make it something we have to work for, we have to craft, we have to obtain. Make it an item that shows you dedicated time to the game rather than throwing money at the screen.

Make it something like Mini Liadri, not everyone has it because it was hard to defeat Liadri. Obtaining this item and the corresponding title felt good because of that.

So again, please don’t make this an $$$ item but rather an in-game item players have to something for.

I hope some people also share my opinion and Arenanet will take this into account.

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

If it does become available, it will either be through the store, or given as reward for the completion of a certain episode (Perhaps one where Belinda dies? Who knows, ANet like killing off characters) which you then receive the sword as a momentum?

But as some of Kasmeer’s gear was available only through the store (If I recall, correct me otherwise), I would suspect Belinda’s is likely to be as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Tamias.7059

Tamias.7059

It’s going to be a gem store item. The fact that it’s called “Iron Greatsword” tells us that its a skin, since items currently retain the names of their original models. And the precedent has been set for a main character having a “signature weapon”, that is available via gem store.

Victory Is Life Eternal [VILE]

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

This item will be gemstore item for sure. Same like armors and weapons of other Biconics.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

They’ll put it in the gemstore because they know you’ll end up buying it anyway, because you apparently care about the skin enough to the point you are complaining on the forums to not put it on the gemstore.

in Living World

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

Are you kidding me. Some people like me don’t have time to grind trivialities like mobs or liadri repeatedly until we get the reward. You can already get legendaries and ascended items from grind and those aren’t available in the gem store. Some people got stuff to do. Lives to live and they can get some items in the game by paying money which again they worked hard to earn. So just because you play the game 24/7 doesn’t mean that those who don’t can’t enjoy the game by spending some hard earned money into it. This game was created so it can generate some profit. That isn’t possible if there isn’t any inflow of money.
There is no gemstore item available yet that is better than legendary. So if you want belinda’s sword. Sure take the sword and add new legendary skins in the gem store.

in Living World

Posted by: SephiSlash.6780

SephiSlash.6780

Are you kidding me. Some people like me don’t have time to grind trivialities like mobs or liadri repeatedly until we get the reward. You can already get legendaries and ascended items from grind and those aren’t available in the gem store. Some people got stuff to do. Lives to live and they can get some items in the game by paying money which again they worked hard to earn. So just because you play the game 24/7 doesn’t mean that those who don’t can’t enjoy the game by spending some hard earned money into it. This game was created so it can generate some profit. That isn’t possible if there isn’t any inflow of money.
There is no gemstore item available yet that is better than legendary. So if you want belinda’s sword. Sure take the sword and add new legendary skins in the gem store.

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason we haven’t had any new armorskins outside of the gemshop since launch. Trash partial set like the hideous pauldrons don’t count. I’m talking 6 complete models 1 for heavy/medium/light of each gender.

in Living World

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

I don’t understand why people want to “work” in a video game. Games are made for fun and relaxation.

Besides, in this game, people will always find the fastest/easiest way to do something. Portals in jumping puzzles, stacking in dungeons, and borderline exploits for “hard” bosses. Because of this, achievements really don’t mean anything.

in Living World

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason we haven’t had any new armorskins outside of the gemshop since launch. Trash partial set like the hideous pauldrons don’t count. I’m talking 6 complete models 1 for heavy/medium/light of each gender.

While having 6 complete models for each armor/gender type would be nice to have, it’s also not cheap in terms of resources (time, manpower, money). I would assume Anet would have to devote time and money to making said armor, testing it for major game stopping bugs (and not minor graphical bugs), and then putting it in the gemstore—which also requires more resources because someone has to make the promo-artwork, the icons, etc.

in Living World

Illuminati.2431

I know Arenanet needs to make money and I said I understand that. They can make that money on alot of gem store items, but I think that selling these skins in gemstore only is’nt quite fair. I don’t play this game 24/7. You don’t need to play a game 24/7 to obtain some cool items in the game, and you definately don’t need to play gw2 24/7 to obtain items like ascended weapons etc.. Paying for items in the gem store should not exclude people from obtaining important items in the game.
Now, I know a skin isn’t always important, but did you noticed how the internet exploded when everyone saw this weapon skin for the first time? I looked up guides for some achievments and all I could see in the comments was how people loved this sword.

Like I said before, I agree Anet needs to make money and it’s fine with me they sell the make over kits etc etc through the gem store. All I did was ask the community if they share my opinion about that this skin shouldn’t be gem store only. You have a different opinion, which is fine, but don’t say stuff that isn’t true or doesn’t make sense.

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

We have entered a new age of gaming, where skill and dedication does not matter anymore, but the one with the biggest credit card does.

in Living World

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

snip
All I did was ask the community if they share my opinion about that this skin shouldn’t be gem store only. You have a different opinion, which is fine, but don’t say stuff that isn’t true or doesn’t make sense.

I have a similar view but once you have a gemstore item available in-game as a reward for some sort of hard-earned task, you will absolutely have people finding the optimal way to grind it out. People will then start complaining about grind and bringing up the manifesto and lead to threads involving the common “we don’t make grindy games” argument point.

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

It will be gemstore. Look at the signs.
Rox’s quiver=gemstore
Brahams armor/mace/shield=gemstore
Marjory’s dagger/axe=gemstore
Kasmeer’s staff=gemstore
Scarlet’s shoulderpads=gemstore

So, I see little hope that Belinda’s greatsword won’t also be in the gemstore

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Living World

Illuminati.2431

Rox’s quiver=gemstore
Kasmeer’s staff=gemstore

Yeah, me too…:(

in Living World

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Please dont make it gemstore. There is not enough dropable new gear aniway.

in Living World

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Seriously what does it matter, if its gemstore and you play 24/7 you can buy it with gold.

I got my spare gems already ready awaiting the price rise in gold to gems.

I have always wanted a game wich catters the skillfull, and to be quite frank guildwars2 isnt that game.

Time and time theyve proven again that they want the experience enjoyable for everyone. And the only way youll ‘please’ all of the community is by letting everyone in on it. Regardless of skill, regardless of time spent.

Hard content =/= guildwars in that sense.
The biggest trophy in gw2 in terms of rewarding the skilled is a title. Get used to it, ive been playing since beta and finally the pieces come togehter in my head that its just how it is.

If you dont alienate the hardcore youll alienate the cassuals there is no middle ground. And what a surprise the hardcore player base already spent so much time being hardcore 24/7 ingame that they care too much too leave. however the cassuals dont have that. They can leave at a whim since they dont have anything to lose. So if hard content wich is rewarding gets implemented ingame, cassuals will whine about said rewards wanting them too. the ‘Its too hard’ syndrome. We have seen it time and time again in the forums. And that showcases there are allot of cassuals who dont want this game to be hard but a themepark where they can ride any attraction at any time.

There is no risk vs reward in guildwars with this mindset and there will never be because of it.

So either go full blown cassual and play like 15 minutes a day and check in on some of the new updates and gemstore items or live in denial for the rest of your 24/7 mindset in a game wich doesnt catter to you.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

given as reward for the completion of a certain episode

Ahahahahahaha, wait wait wait, ahahahahahaha.

Nope. Nice things will go to the gem store. When was the last time we got any new decently looking item as reward for playing the game? And when was the last time this item was a weapon?

On second thought, nope.

in Living World

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

Nope. Nice things will go to the gem store. When was the last time we got any new decently looking item as reward for playing the game? And when was the last time this item was a weapon?

On second thought, nope.

There have constantly been vanity items added for playing the game. Recently it was scarlets head, WvW item sets, PvP exclusive items, Various back items, Buffable vanity items like halo/horns,Quaggan and countless other tonics. Mini rewards and so forth. Too many to remember.
Are we playing the same game?

in Living World

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Why does it seem like people like to forget one of the coolest and IMO best aspects of this game when talking about the gemstore? Gold →Gem conversion!

Want to claim skill/dedication can’t get you this but only a credit card? well, you’re wrong and just being a whiner because skill/dedication leads to more gold which…. leads to gems!

800 gems is what 90-95 gold right now? That’s like 3-5 days of dungeons for me.

What is the problem?

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

We have entered a new age of gaming, where skill and dedication does not matter anymore, but the one with the biggest credit card does.

Because even if they were to release 1 skin a month, and you’d want to buy all of them, your credit card would be billed half as much as if you were playing WoW or WS, and that’s a bad thing?

That being said, I think the sword should be an ingame thing, but… it’s kinda unfair. It’s a greatsword, so what do non-wielders do? Other than rage on the forums why a story-reward “slot” was wasted on such an item?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

On second thought, nope.

There have constantly been vanity items added for playing the game. Recently it was scarlets head, WvW item sets, PvP exclusive items, Various back items, Buffable vanity items like halo/horns,Quaggan and countless other tonics. Mini rewards and so forth. Too many to remember.

In regards to playing the game, you get one of the following (equipable) item as reward if lucky:

- Backpack (skins nowadays), they just fill up your bank
- Head item (skin), like gas mask, scarlets helm (which was one third of a set, two items were on the gem store)
- Gloves (got those molten ones), don’t think we get gloves anymore.

Since the LS has been introduces, that’s pretty much it. Every newly created other skin goes straight to the gem store (ascended skins are an exception as they were an update themselves).

-

in Living World

Ice of Dragons.1637

On second thought, nope.

In regards to playing the game, you get one of the following (equipable) item as reward if lucky:

- Backpack (skins nowadays), they just fill up your bank
- Head item (skin), like gas mask, scarlets helm (which was one third of a set, two items were on the gem store)
- Gloves (got those molten ones), don’t think we get gloves anymore.

Since the LS has been introduces, that’s pretty much it. Every newly created other skin goes straight to the gem store (ascended skins are an exception as they were an update themselves).

-

Exactly my point. I wouldnt mind paying for a S2 ticket or an expansion. But there is not enough droppable stuff ingame since S1 stared. All cool stuff goes to the gem store. Why cant it be 50/50 half gem half dropable.

in Living World

Jerus.4350

Isn’t there 3 new head pieces as drops in game? Goggles, a scarf mask, and the combination of the two.

in Living World

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

I’d rather just buy it through supporting a game I enjoy than have to grind for it, or worse – be at the mercy of RNG.

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

If it does become available, it will either be through the store, or given as reward for the completion of a certain episode (Perhaps one where Belinda dies? Who knows, ANet like killing off characters) which you then receive the sword as a momentum?

But as some of Kasmeer’s gear was available only through the store (If I recall, correct me otherwise), I would suspect Belinda’s is likely to be as well.

Don’t forget Marjory’s and Braham’s gear. That was gem store exclusive too.

in Living World

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Story/Achievement rewards have been helmets, gauntlets or back pieces because they are universal, each class can use them. Not all classes can use great swords so it’s not going to be a living story reward – unless they’d release it as a set with other weapons to pick from.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I hope it’s not a drop because then it will be rare, and way to expensive for those who can’t spend all the time ingame.

Also because a lot of people don’t have the time or will to constantly redo an event (Like Marionette or assault knights) over and over to try to get something. Lots of people just get bored if they try that.

in Living World

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

I’d rather it be a Gem Store item then a Black Lion RNG thingy.
That way at least u know u can get it for sure.

Its a pity that thieves can’t use 2handed gswords though, would look perfect on an assassin.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

in Living World

Ice of Dragons.1637

Doesnt need to be an event drop. It can be a simple world drop on standard mobs. No need to make everything supper had. But i agree i preffer Gem over Black lion except it would be one ticket per weapon and u could buy the tickets plus cheasts

in Living World

Jerus.4350

I’d rather it be a Gem Store item then a Black Lion RNG thingy.
That way at least u know u can get it for sure.

Its a pity that thieves can’t use 2handed gswords though, would look perfect on an assassin.

^^ Sums up my opinion quite well, both parts.

I don’t want another Chaos of Lyssa, I made bank off it as I didn’t like the style so I had no qualms about turning it into cash, but god, if they made this just a cash cow for people who have all day to farm, i’d be pretty disappointed.

Exclusive behind an achievement such that it’s not on the BLTP/BLchests sure, i’m down for a challenge. But as something to farm and then have be worth 1k+ gold, no, please for the love of god get that dirty RNG away from me!

(edited by Jerus.4350)

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Rox’s quiver=gemstore
Kasmeer’s staff=gemstore

I completely agree. That’s why I’m saving my gold. As if it’s out this month I’ll not be able to get it. So I’m hoping it not going to be added till next month.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t understand why people want to “work” in a video game. Games are made for fun and relaxation.

Because throwing money at the gem store or gold at the TP creates no lasting memories. I don’t understand where went the attitude of playing games as a hobby and not as just some time-wasting activity. Hobbies generate memories, they create nostalgia, they invoke sentimental value. That’s what people want more of.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Living World

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Could anyone get a screen grab of this greatsword please?

I missed it..

EDIT: Oh, is this the Katana everyone is raving about?

in Living World

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Illuminati:

I disagree. I wish you could buy MORE on the gem store. . . but as an option.
I suppose I find this similar with TP. Let players play their way and trade their time in other game modes or their RL currency for the goods they would have to “work for” in game modes that would be more of a chore than an enjoyment.

“Make us craft. . . " makes me want to vomit. Crafting can be ok on rare occasions but when I decide to take a break, not because I have no other choice. Similarly, what if I just wanted to Spvp or just WvW? Or. . . just PvE?

Gem store should have MORE items (many which should also be in game) versus fewer.

in Living World

Jerus.4350

Because throwing money at the gem store or gold at the TP creates no lasting memories. I don’t understand where went the attitude of playing games as a hobby and not as just some time-wasting activity. Hobbies generate memories, they create nostalgia, they invoke sentimental value. That’s what people want more of.

I fail to see how making this available from in game means would really do that, unless they locked it behind something hard like the Liadri mini(though I like the title FAR more than the mini).

I mean, when you build a characters wardrobe, do you concern yourself and feel differently if it’s built using only dungeon and in game drops? Would using BLTP items really make you feel less connected to that style? When you make a legendary do you buy your precursor or continue to dump money into the toilet till you get not only a precursor but the one you need?

Personally I have a sentimental connection to all the characters I’ve played in every game because of the good times I had playing them. Where I got their gear/styles is really pretty much a non issue to me. The styles I felt most nostalgic to were the ones that I found that were pretty unique. For example I had a Gnome Mask in EQ, which was one of the most expensive and highly sought after items in the game. But that never felt that special, it was just a showoffy status symbol. What did feel special was my barbarian(norn) mask, which was quite common. But it felt special because I learned how to glitch it so I was a big buff guy in short shorts running around ahead of the group playing a flute.

It’s the things I did with what I had available that I have sentimental ties to, not the items themselves.

in Living World

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Convert gold to gems…

in Living World

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Now, I know a skin isn’t always important, but did you noticed how the internet exploded when everyone saw this weapon skin for the first time? I looked up guides for some achievments and all I could see in the comments was how people loved this sword.

And that’s exactly why Anet will sell it on the gem store: because people want it and will buy it.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ll be honest, I want this item. And I want it to be in the gemstore. I’ll buy gems with cash for it.

I also hope we see more sheathed weapons in the future. Even if the sheath disappears when the weapon is drawn, it’s still a step up.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I would rather it be in the gem store than be like the Mini-Liadri, but ideally it would just be a normal drop. Honestly, I was super excited to see it, but hopefully they will have Katana with a little more flash to them, like glows and stuff.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Reading most of the answers here I understand why Arenanet is slacking so much and making this game less and less appealing, people just want to buy stuff on the gemstore without even trying to face hard content.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Reading most of the answers here I understand why Arenanet is slacking so much and making this game less and less appealing, people just want to buy stuff on the gemstore without even trying to face hard content.

There is a difference between doing hard/challenging content, and giving awesome rewards for doing that, and placing a well liked item behind RNG.

RNG means somebody could get two of them in a week, while another farms the event constantly, every day that it’s active, and gets NOTHING. That isn’t appealing at all IMO.

If you make it so there is a set reward, IE, complete this challenging task and get this item, that’s fine. If you do a “Oh, well this drops from that challenging boss… On a very small chance…” that’s not as cool IMO.

(edited by Kalavier.1097)

in Living World

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

This will surely be in the gem store, you work in game for the stats and pay for the looks.

But if you don’t feel like paying real money you can always work in game for gold and exchange for gems.
Only if you haven’t done that in a while you’re in for a surprise, yesterday I saw that to buy a new char you’ll have to part ways with over 100 gold!?
I remember buying one for 20 gold, thanks grinders/champtrains/Obama.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Some people like me don’t have time to grind trivialities like mobs or liadri repeatedly until we get the reward.

What’s the issue with providing both options? Those who want the easy way out can transfer gold into gems or buy gems directly and obtain the skin. And those who wish to grind through Living World achievements can also get the skin as a reward that way. Both player perspectives win.

in Living World

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

There is a difference between doing hard/challenging content, and giving awesome rewards for doing that, and placing a well liked item behind RNG.

RNG means somebody could get two of them in a week, while another farms the event constantly, every day that it’s active, and gets NOTHING. That isn’t appealing at all IMO.

If you make it so there is a set reward, IE, complete this challenging task and get this item, that’s fine. If you do a “Oh, well this drops from that challenging boss… On a very small chance…” that’s not as cool IMO.

As the OP said, we were talking about the item being sold in gem store vs the item being a reward for an achievement like Liadri’s minipet (or crafted). I don’t like RNG either, I think the best rewards should be received through achievements or a token system.

(edited by Lolindir.3518)

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

As the OP said, we were talking about the item being sold in gem store vs the item being a reward for an achievement like Liadri’s minipet (or crafted). I don’t like RNG either, I think the best rewards should be received through achievements or a token system.

Right like the Gas Mask, Antitoxin Pack, Scarlet’s Veil, etc

It’s how I think it should be as far as Season Episodes go.

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As I wrote in another thread, there should be multiple avenues to obtaining in game goods. For the the gold to gems conversion, I feel it’s a bit steep. If you do not grind Dungeons, gold isn’t as easily gathered in game. Run around in Dry Top and see how long it takes to earn 100 gold.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Living World

Jerus.4350

As I wrote in another thread, there should be multiple avenues to obtaining in game goods. For the the gold to gems conversion, I feel it’s a bit steep. If you do not grind Dungeons, gold isn’t as easily gathered in game. Run around in Dry Top and see how long it takes to earn 100 gold.

~15 gold yesterday doing that so, ~7 days, not bad really.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

^This.

I really hope the sword will be in the gemstore. Or otherwise easy to obtain.

I think the best way is to provide multiple options to obtain the sword.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

~15 gold yesterday doing that so, ~7 days, not bad really.

My next question would be, at what g/hr rate was this? Was there any rare or abnormal drops in this tally? Regardless, a whole week’s worth of “work” in Dry Top for a single gem store skin? Kinda pricey to me but, I’m aware that’s to discourage the gold to gem conversion.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

^This.

I really hope the sword will be in the gemstore. Or otherwise easy to obtain.

I think the best way is to provide multiple options to obtain the sword.

Ditto.

When I play, I have two basic modes. RP, and casually doing stuff. I’ll work with other people on events, but then I’ll wander off to do whatever else catches my interest. No teaming for the long term. No dungeons, no PvP. Suddenly stopping to re-view a favorite vista? Fine, because nobody’s losing any time but me. Going AFK because my roommate’s laughing his kitten off at something in the other room? Also fine.

This is how I relax. I don’t want to be told I can’t get the looks of that sword if I only play the way I want to play. I’ve got enough of that with dungeon skins.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.