Wild guessing game. Come play along

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Lets all guess some random stuff about the new update.See how many we get right. One thing per post.

Pineapple based recopies.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Karka armor. Set of armor made from the shell of a champion Karka by a master craftsman.

Maybe this can be a second chance to do the Karka event right. With a sweet chest at the end!!!!! I can feel the precursors dropping in price already!!!

Ice of Dragons.1637

Karka armor. Set of armor made from the shell of a champion Karka by a master craftsman.

Maybe this can be a second chance to do the Karka event right. With a sweet chest at the end!!!!! I can feel the precursors dropping in price already!!!

Killing the big karak in the cave. Now that rich orchalum is gone. I would like to build my guild hall there.

Posted by: Sinned.8419

Sinned.8419

My guess is the Asura gate will be up and running. It has been “worked” on for way too long.

Guild Wars 2 Machinimas and Let’s Plays found at www.youtube.com/delusionalquester

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

New beach-based attire.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Thorzilla.9124

Thorzilla.9124

Powerful Blood will plummet because of the influx of people into the area, and so will Scales as well. I’d say it’s a great time to sell at 30S and buy them all back when they’re around 20S during the event. That’s my take.

Posted by: Soulrez.8712

Soulrez.8712

Southsun Cove is the setting for The Hangover, Part 3.

Posted by: Chrystolis.7349

Chrystolis.7349

One of the screenshots made me hope there may be a couple new Ranger pets available. That breeze rider and karka looked so chummy next to the Southsun drake :]

Posted by: TheOne.6123

TheOne.6123

ressurection of ancient karka → replay of lost shores → scavanger hunt

Posted by: Danomeon.3201

Danomeon.3201

What I THINK will happen…

-The first time we saw southsun cove we got the fractals of the mists. Maybe we’ll get some new fractals this time around!
-Infinite logging axe and harvesting sickle introduced into gem shop
-Story line either directly involving or playfully hinting at an impending attack from an elder dragon (Maybe a certain mysterious water dragon nicknamed ‘bubbles’?)

What I WANT to happen…

-New fractals, including a new boss fractal based upon the finale of the molten facility.
-renown hearts, new events, and changes to the friendly population of southsun cove that will make the area an actual zone that people will want to visit in the future.
-An awesome southsun cove-themed dungeon a la molten facility, featuring some new breeds of karka.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

More coral types for jewels!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Atlas.9704

New beach-based attire.

That could work for my Charr.
I can never find anything for him that I like.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: kevin.8623

kevin.8623

esports.
/fifteen

Danomeon.3201

New thing I want! Please make one of the rewards an exotic level 80 aquabreather. Or maybe introduce ascended Aquabreathers? :P

Posted by: Denath.2061

Denath.2061

Karka are minions of the undersea dragon. My guess. /shrug

Posted by: Hoodoo.6739

Hoodoo.6739

Consortium up to sinister deeds, much like the White Mantle who were originally introduced as ‘the good guys’.

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

I’m guessing it’s the perfect environment to introduce the minions of the DSD. The Consortium are going to be in just as much trouble as the adventurers & refugees by the end.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Mesmer portals up to skipping stones.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Part of the map will be taken over by refugees along with new locations (secret grottos, caves, etc) reducing the amount of karkas in some places, maybe new hearts introduced for the refugees needing help.
With new locations, also new SP’s and POIs, and Southsun Cove progress will count towards world completion.
New skin weapons.. oh wait! we’ve seen that already, they got a blinking eye in the middle. /nvm

I’d like to be able to travel from Southsun Cove to The Grove as they’re separated by the sea and currently we’re pushed back if we try to cross the sea.

Finally, some new hints about Deep Sea Dragon, the karka fled the depths of Sea of Sorrows, they were not “sent” so I disagree with their connection with an elder dragon, maybe some new mutated karka corrupted by Deep Sea Dragon in the same dark-style as Molten Firestorm (would look cool!).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Danomeon.3201

I’m guessing it’s the perfect environment to introduce the minions of the DSD. The Consortium are going to be in just as much trouble as the adventurers & refugees by the end.

Perhaps it is revealed that the karka have been DSD minions this whole time? Dun dun dunnnnnnnn!

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I just want a new dungeon and new armor sets

Danomeon.3201

I just want a new dungeon and new armor sets

same here. And new fractals too!

Posted by: bel unbreakable.7145

bel unbreakable.7145

extra elite skills we have to kill champion mobs to get I loved that in gw1

Posted by: Lil Green Dragn.8049

Lil Green Dragn.8049

Medium armour which isn’t a trench coat Pleeeaaas

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Unbreakable Sickles will be coming very soon. Stock up on gems!

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Grawl hitch a ride, are told a continued “no” by the consortium, Discover the corpse of the ancient karka, worship it as a god, Southsun Grawl, riding karkas, become a serious threat to the settlers on the island…

Then we beat them up.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: LotusThief.4613

LotusThief.4613

I’m thinking the sickle the be a crab claw.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

I’m thinking the sickle the be a crab claw.

and a geyser pops or bubbles overflow when mining! a la the molten mining pick.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: SusanStark.4713

SusanStark.4713

WE SHALL MAKE THE UNBELIEVERS BURN!!!

Oh, wait, that’s not CoF?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

New, limited edition weapon skins obtained via RNG-BLCs.

Posted by: pzyonix.1645

pzyonix.1645

This is a mix of things I THINK will happen and stuff I’d like to see:

A glimpse of our Mysterious Deep Sea Dragon, an appearance, but not as ‘Chief Karka’ but as the reason why the karka became so fierce. Driven from their underwater territory, now settling on the cove.

The Ancient Karka boss at the end of the introduction event of Southsun Cove. Remember the little lavapit that monstrosity fell into? Primordus just donated the Great Destroyer’s Heart of his late captain minion. We got a huge lava surimi salade on the loose!

Karka themed armor, new consortium items in gemstore
speaking of gemstore: New items
Carbuncle Logging Axe
A new Karka Backpack

I expect more jewels like the azurite orb and more recipes, overall more Tier 6+ materials.

I hope more fractals. In all the time we could enjoy a few fractals and 1 fractal boss (jade maw)
I hope at least a double amount of this. Also a random fractal boss, Jade Maw is awesome but even at level 40+ you can do this blindfolded at some point.
Fractal flavors: Karka’s, Airship or Naval combat (like storyline), Ring of Fire / Domain of Anguish / Elonian Desert / Desolation themes. (Wurmriding and Titan’s FTW)

There is bound to be an appearance of a certain eye of the north necromancer with a certain staff of a certain vizier some day.

Exotic Aquabreathers and recipes to craft them

More love and impetus to underwater combat

Giant slayer title worked on or amount of Giants in the game.

More dungeons reworked

Posted by: Lexx.5780

Lexx.5780

Southsun Islands as tax havens. Later on it’s shown that it was an evil plan of “The Bubble Dragon” and Consortium. For what purpose, we can only imagine…

Quis qustodiet custodes?

(edited by Lexx.5780)

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

The Ancient Karka boss at the end of the introduction event of Southsun Cove. Remember the little lavapit that monstrosity fell into? Primordus just donated the Great Destroyer’s Heart of his late captain minion. We got a huge lava surimi salade on the loose!

Destroyer Karka would be awesome! And painful

Ice of Dragons.1637

Leviatan vil rise. We will defeat him and use as a mount to travel around the ocean.

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Karka themed ARMOR and not just the weps would be baller.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Hawaian themed armor for adventuring in the tropics. ’Cause Arah female armor is all to modest…not. Summer is coming.

Now seriously – naval combat? I doubt it will happen but it would be beyond awesome.

Somehow I feel the whole Southsun bsns will end along these line… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Atlas.9704

Somehow I feel the whole Southsun bsns will end along these line… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM

It will then be best product GW2 ever had. Alestorm is awesome!
I should play Leviathan while killing Karka on my computer.

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

Maybe Consortium is part of inquest or work for them and keep DSD minion in Southsun Cove.

Posted by: The Hermit.3542

The Hermit.3542

They will add a plethora of new emotes!

I know wishful thinking

Baron Von Fur
Charr Engineer
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

From one of the screenshots, It looks like there might be a Baby Karka backpack… Along with a Mermaid Purse (Shark egg) looking shield.
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/9956f2-Blow-Off-Some-Steam.jpg
Please Anet.. PLEASE let that be a Baby Karka Backpack!!!

Shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Appearance of more Consortium chests in the Gem Store?

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

Anyone get the feeling that these free updates are just an excuse to slip items into the cash shop? I was hoping that at the end of the flame and frost (provided you completed the other achievements) we would get a fused weapon token for our efforts. What did we end up with? Some mehy looking gauntlets. I am guessinig this next update will be more items added to the cash shops rng that should have been attained as quest rewards.

What I wish would be in this update
-Different legendries that don’t look like weapons from a Princess Barbie mmo.
-The proposed scavenger hunt change to building a legendary.
-An in game group finder instead of needing to alt tab out of the game to use a third party website.
-The ability to save and load build templates similar to GW1. Eliminate the need to visit an npc, pay the fee, and then manually change your points.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Okay, here’s my wild guess.

The karka will rampage and from among their rampaging ranks will arise the Magna Karka who will one-shot everybody everywhere, even if they are not participating in the Secret of Southsun content. Meanwhile, karka agents and sympathizers across Tyria will enact their diabolical scheme to ensure that every waypoint everywhere is contested. Just when it looks like there’s no hope of anyone doing anything ever again….

The Mermare Minions of Bubbles the Good, Friendliest Dragon of All, will rise up from the depths and save the day!

Special Event Limited Time Opportunity: anyone who doesn’t DC or ragequit will have a 2-minute window in which to create a mermare character!

The table is a fable.

PopeUrban.2578

The karka will rampage and from among their rampaging ranks will arise the Magna Karka who will one-shot everybody everywhere, even if they are not participating in the Secret of Southsun content.

BEWARE!

Attachments:

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Underwear will be dyeable?
As seen in https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-living-world-in-guild-wars-2-beyond-flame-and-frost/, beginning 3:40. ^^
Would be absolutely great. ^^

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

We’ll get what appears to be soloable content in the beginning, only to be bait-and-switched with a dungeon at the end of the story with no alternatives, so that only a few will ever be able to actually complete it before it gets chucked into the waste bin.

Posted by: Dominura.3657

Dominura.3657

Surfboards needs to contain surfboards.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I’ll list the new things:

-Story
-Bigger area
-More NPCs (Obviously)
-Armor
-Music

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

esports.
/fifteen

Lol, and dueling right? ;D

PopeUrban.2578

We’ll get what appears to be soloable content in the beginning, only to be bait-and-switched with a dungeon at the end of the story with no alternatives, so that only a few will ever be able to actually complete it before it gets chucked into the waste bin.

Yeah, just like the select few that were able to complete Flame and Frost. Almost nobody has those Molten gauntlets anywhere!

Oh wait.