Rate the Charr Name Above You

in Charr

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I like all your names :p 10/10 to everyones creativity!

I have two charrs: A Warrior and an Elementalist. The warrior is tall and fat, while the Elementalist is sleek!

The Warrior’s name is Charrcolate Chips. He is dark brown and looks like.. Charrcolate!
The Elementalist’s name is Prînce Charrming. He has blonde hair and blue eyes and is absolutely charrming… for a Charr.

I just love Charr pun names!

Ah, I had a Prinz Charrming at launch. I remade him to be more lore appropriate: Chagra Fademist.

Still, I kept my hammer-warrior’s name since launch as well: Spaiten Malus. (Lore-appropriate, canon name of Spaiten Maluscrack.)

No, I can’t stay away from the pun damage. =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Charr

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Bane Wraithclaw.
Charr necro is ftw.

in Charr

Posted by: Trentilicious.6523

Trentilicious.6523

8/10 sounds ghostly and somewhat intimidating

My Charr Engineer’s name is Elijah Klaww, a mix between Father Elijah from Fallout, a mechanical genius and Klaww, the big engineering abomination from Jak.

in Charr

Posted by: Gidzor.9046

Gidzor.9046

I didn’t Play Fallout or Jak so can’t give a rating on that but I’ll give it a 8/10 because I like the name, the name of my Charr Warrior is Saber Toothclaw, Don’t know why.

(edited by Gidzor.9046)

in Charr

Rauderi.8706

Bane Wraithclaw.
Charr necro is ftw.

Yay, necro.

Not gonna 1-10 it, but I do like it. Very apropos. He can talk shop with my gal, Kyril Callmist. Because minion master. }}:3

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Charr

Posted by: hades.6539

hades.6539

so i made a new charr
its a female ranger
her name is Kywne stone claw
the name was to long so i had to shorten it
(the original name: Kill You With No Excuse stone claw)
:P

in Charr

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

I have two charrs: A Warrior and an Elementalist. The warrior is tall and fat, while the Elementalist is sleek!

The Warrior’s name is Charrcolate Chips. He is dark brown and looks like.. Charrcolate!
The Elementalist’s name is Prînce Charrming. He has blonde hair and blue eyes and is absolutely charrming… for a Charr.

Sword of Damofleas?

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in Charr

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

Sword of Damofleas?

The pun hurts, but it is clever. 8/10.

Xeronus Stoneforge, Bunker Shout Warrior.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew

in Charr

Rauderi.8706

Sword of Damofleas?

The pun hurts, but it is clever. 8/10.

Xeronus Stoneforge, Bunker Shout Warrior.

Another Forge bandmate! Reminds me of my spirit ranger, Garrus Trailforge.

Many alts; handle it!

in Charr

Posted by: Daemon.4375

Daemon.4375

Xeronus Stoneforge.

To be honest, I think Stoneforge would better fit a dwarf. I like the first name though, so 6/10 (which means above average).

Garrus Trailforge.

I like the last name and I think it’s appropriate, but this time I dislike the first name. It reminds me of Garrus Vakarian too much and it makes me think that it doesn’t really fit a Charr, so also 6/10 (ditto).

My charr is called Wreav Ragnar. Blood legion.

in Charr

Posted by: Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Wreav Ragnar – 6/10. Ragnar is strong name and sounds good, unfortunately it fits to Norns much more. Also, it is not too much original.

My charr warrior is Hildr Gravesender.

in Charr

Posted by: Sumiko.5673

Sumiko.5673

Wreav Ragnar, I’ll give it a 7/10 because I don’t feel it really fits the lore but it’s a menacing name altogether. Ragnar reminds me of the Ragnarok in Norse mythology. Not sure how to pronounce the ‘Wreav’. Very unique in any case.

My necromancer is called Siara Snowbane, not very threathening I know but it fits her background story just perfectly.

in Charr

Posted by: Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Sumiko, what have you done! But I can fix it.

Siara Snowbane – 9/10. Very nice. I can imagine white charr from the north, bringing the taste and smell of death.

My warrior again – Hildr Gravesender.

in Charr

Posted by: Dschromm.5061

Dschromm.5061

Hildr Gravesender – I like Hildr as a gril’s name, but it would fit a Norn much better, I guess. Since your Charr seems to be from the grave warband the name “gravesender” tries too hard to be intimidating. I’ll give it 5/10

Tyrus Soulsplinter – elementalist from the Soul Warband.
Tyrus is greek and is based on the city Tyros which means “sharp” or “stone”.
For his last name it’s important to know, that he has DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) and the personality coming with the earth attunement is the most dominant one

(edited by Dschromm.5061)

in Charr

Posted by: Caedo.1469

Caedo.1469

Tyrus Soulsplinter
I like it. just looking at it I’d give it a 7/10, but with that bit of background I’d definitely bump it up to 9/10.

I have 4 charr T.T I just love them. Choosing my second-made, the name is Brio Shadowstrike

A thief from the ash legion, Brio is typically sneaky. She comes from the Strike warband, which is famous for its brutal, guerilla strikes against opponent groups.
If I recall correctly, Brio translates to flame, or spark or something of that ilk. I made her a long while ago so I don’t fully remember.

in Charr

Sumiko.5673

In Italian Brio is a musical term mostly which can mean vivacity and such

I don’t really like the name Brio for a girl but that’s just personal preference I guess, I’ve seen the last name Shadowstrike a lot in-game as well but it is very suited for a thief either way.

I’ll give you a 8/10 for Brio Shadowstrike of the Strike Warband. I hope you enjoy playing her a lot.

Here’s my Charr once more, Siara Snowbane.

in Charr

Rauderi.8706

Siara Snowbane. Suitably lore appropriate. A little “soft” for a Charr. But I like it!
If I had to put a number on it, 9/10.

My new ranger babeh, Eidol Soulthunder, Thunder warband, Blood Legion.

To tack on some backstory, years ago, he tried to pull a dare much like the Crush cubs did. Getting attacked by Ascalonian ghosts left white marks on his claws and muzzle, and a long, lingering resentment toward ghosts and spirits. It’s much to his chagrin that nature spirits follow him around, actually helping him in his work to push the unliving back into the proper cycle of life.

Many alts; handle it!

in Charr

Sumiko.5673

I love the background story to be honest. The name Eidol Soulthunder is pretty neat as well, it certainly packs a punch so I’d like to rate this one a nice 9/10 for originality and suitability.

Recently made a thief named Siara Snowblade, Snow warband off course. I’m still working on her background story but any suggestions are more than welcome!

in Charr

Posted by: Wulfflame.5740

Wulfflame.5740

I love the background story to be honest. The name Eidol Soulthunder is pretty neat as well, it certainly packs a punch so I’d like to rate this one a nice 9/10 for originality and suitability.

Recently made a thief named Siara Snowblade, Snow warband off course. I’m still working on her background story but any suggestions are more than welcome!

Siara Snowblade, I really like that! Sounds beautiful but intimidating at the same time, rather fitting I think for a thief!

Wulfflame is my characters name. I use that name all the time for almost any character of mine that I find fierce.

in Charr

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I give you a 6/10 because you are calling yourself a wolf. You’re a cat!

Names Charrnivore, a cavalier warrior with high precision. Mess with me and I’ll tear you apart limb from limb.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

in Charr

Posted by: Caedo.1469

Caedo.1469

I’ve seen the last name Shadowstrike a lot in-game as well

Nooooooo, my imagined originality! Well, there’s my dreams shattered. Luckily I’ve never run into any Shadowstrike’s ingame.

Names Charrnivore, a cavalier warrior with high precision. Mess with me and I’ll tear you apart limb from limb.

I’ll give it a 8/10 for amusement and punniness. I could imagine some jumped-up young warrior who’s got a huge ego bragging about how they nicknamed him the “Charrnivore” for his battle prowess, as well, so I’ll give you a 6/10 for that. Not what I’d imagine would fit in well with a warband, but I do think it kinda works!

My next: (yes I’ll probably end up going through all my charr here) Skarlath Furysteel.
A warrior of the Steel warband, Skarlath tends to go into an almost berserker rage in combat, leading him to recklessly disregard his own health and wounds. He’s one hell of a fun guy at parties though.

in Charr

Posted by: WaffleIron.9481

WaffleIron.9481

10/10 cool lastname name makes you think of steel

Mine is Sir Iron Waffle. I intended for it to be Sir Waffle Iron but accidentally wrote it backwards. He used to be a gladium named Wafflus cookus that would make waffles for soldiers to support the war against Ascalonian ghosts, but learned how to work iron and began making metal sculpters in his free time. Once when working on a model waffle out of iron, as he was obsessed with them, a 3 ascalonian ghosts snuck into his house and walked into his kitchen, and began eating first batch of waffles that day thinking the house was unocupied. Wafflus Cookus then walked into his to celebrate finishing his waffle sculpter, and when he saw the ghosts eating his waffles, he took his iron waffle and beat them to death. Insane with power, he ran into the woods and began pounding other ghosts down with his waffle. from then on he knighted himself as the first waffle knight and changed his name to Iron Waffle, and joined iron legion. In iron legion he’s viewed as a complete lunatic and is infamous for carving waffles on the war machines he builds. so yeah thatls sir iron waffle…

(edited by WaffleIron.9481)

in Charr

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Rayla Bloodnova

Engineer

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Charr

Posted by: little lee.9014

little lee.9014

5/10

Mine is Flint Grimmclaw, a Charr Engineer from the Iron Legion, he is here to blow enemies apart with explosions and turrets.

Life is as difficult as YOU make it.

in Charr

Posted by: Invellous.6057

Invellous.6057

5/10

Mine is Flint Grimmclaw, a Charr Engineer from the Iron Legion, he is here to blow enemies apart with explosions and turrets.

8/10
I like the name it looks to be lore-friendly to me and Flint as a first name seems like an Iron Legion name for sure. Grimmclaw, Grimm Warband I take is also not taken by NPCs which is a plus.

- – -

Raska Rageclaw, Rage Warband, Blood Legion. Warrior of Blood Legion, master of the Bladestorm fighting style, and talented enough marksman with a rifle. He is the claw of his warband the first to strike and draw blood. Like his friend Reeva he fights hard and plays hard, if ya know what I mean. ;P

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

9/10

My Charr Engineer is Sagat Bronzefang. I named him after the Street Fighter character of the same name.

in Charr

Posted by: Ilien.5302

Ilien.5302

I like your warband/surname, although I don’t really like the first one, doesn’t sound Charr-ish to me.

7/10, mostly for the second one.

Mine is Gore Fierceblood, of the Fierce Warband, Centurion of the Blood Legion. Wielding an axe, he is the first to meet his foes, unleashing his name among the enemies.

(edited by Ilien.5302)

in Charr

Posted by: clawduda.4630

clawduda.4630

8\10 nice name

Mine is “Critical Scratch”

in Charr

Posted by: Swami.4691

Swami.4691

Doesn’t fit the R/Pish vibe as much but I like it. Instead of critical strike it’s critical scratch. x] 6-7/10

I just got the game a few days ago and I have been totally stuck on coming up with a decent Charr name. Stumbled across this thread so hopefully it will help.

Right now it’s Claws And Effect

I like it but I’m not totally sold…

Maybe I should just ditch the puns and come up with a “xxx Wyrmsbane” name instead.

Edit: I’m thinking about the first name “Rancor” as a fitting star wars reference/crossover. Would anyone be willing to rate this and possibly give ideas for a solid surname?

(edited by Swami.4691)

in Charr

Rauderi.8706

Maybe I should just ditch the puns and come up with a “xxx Wyrmsbane” name instead.

Edit: I’m thinking about the first name “Rancor” as a fitting star wars reference/crossover. Would anyone be willing to rate this and possibly give ideas for a solid surname?

As much as I prefer lore-appropriate names, my first warrior is Spaiten Malus, so I can’t be too much of a hypocrite. :P (Post-hoc and canonically, his full name is Spaiten Maluscrack, Malus warband, so named for him breaking his hammer over his former legionnaire’s domepiece, but I digress.)

Names
Charr first names often have names based off of their culture (e.g., Pyre, Ember, Forge). Along with this male names are also sharp sounding with the consonants (e.g., using D, R, T, G, K, etc. used in names like Rytlock, Gron, Dinky) whereas female names are smoother (e.g., using C, L, S, Z, etc. such as names like Bathea, Kalla, Elexus); both genders often start with a sharp consonant though, but this is just generally and exceptions to this do exist. Some charr use Roman or Greek (inspired) names as well.

Charr surnames consist of two words put together, one of which (either suffix or prefix) denoting the warband of the individual (e.g., Rytlock Brimstone is of the Stone warband and Scylla Rustcloud of the Rust warband). Charr individuals generally get to pick variations of their surnames within the forming of their first warband which express their personality, ideals or history, though some limitations may apply.

Members of the same warband can also have their warband name in different order than other members of their warband, though this is rare – some examples include Lightbringer Swordshatter and Legionnaire Bloodsword of the Sword warband, and Vitus Silverpick of the Pick warband (where all other warband members have Pick as the prefix of their surnames).

Charr names are fairly visceral overall, sometimes Roman-inspired. So, “Rancor” fits reasonably well for a Charr. One part of the surname is the warband name, so using the above as an example, either the Wyrm warband or Bane warband. (Position doesn’t matter too much, but is usually consistent between ‘bandmates.) From a lore/RP perspective, this is where you get to do some of your storytelling.
Would he be in the Wyrm warband because that’s a preferred target or they identify with some aspect of the creature? Is it the Bane warband because they are doom to whatever crosses them?
Wyrm ’bandmates: Wyrmbane, Wyrmkiller, Wyrmspite, Burywyrm, etc.
Bane ’bandmates: Wyrmbane, Dragonbane, Flamebane, Aetherbane, etc.
Lots of little inspirations.

Lengthy, but I hope it helps, and welcome to the Legions!

Many alts; handle it!

in Charr

Posted by: Swami.4691

Swami.4691

As much as I prefer lore-appropriate names, my first warrior is Spaiten Malus, so I can’t be too much of a hypocrite. :P (Post-hoc and canonically, his full name is Spaiten Maluscrack, Malus warband, so named for him breaking his hammer over his former legionnaire’s domepiece, but I digress.)

Names
Charr first names often have names based off of their culture (e.g., Pyre, Ember, Forge). Along with this male names are also sharp sounding with the consonants (e.g., using D, R, T, G, K, etc. used in names like Rytlock, Gron, Dinky) whereas female names are smoother (e.g., using C, L, S, Z, etc. such as names like Bathea, Kalla, Elexus); both genders often start with a sharp consonant though, but this is just generally and exceptions to this do exist. Some charr use Roman or Greek (inspired) names as well.

Charr surnames consist of two words put together, one of which (either suffix or prefix) denoting the warband of the individual (e.g., Rytlock Brimstone is of the Stone warband and Scylla Rustcloud of the Rust warband). Charr individuals generally get to pick variations of their surnames within the forming of their first warband which express their personality, ideals or history, though some limitations may apply.

Members of the same warband can also have their warband name in different order than other members of their warband, though this is rare – some examples include Lightbringer Swordshatter and Legionnaire Bloodsword of the Sword warband, and Vitus Silverpick of the Pick warband (where all other warband members have Pick as the prefix of their surnames).

Charr names are fairly visceral overall, sometimes Roman-inspired. So, “Rancor” fits reasonably well for a Charr. One part of the surname is the warband name, so using the above as an example, either the Wyrm warband or Bane warband. (Position doesn’t matter too much, but is usually consistent between ‘bandmates.) From a lore/RP perspective, this is where you get to do some of your storytelling.
Would he be in the Wyrm warband because that’s a preferred target or they identify with some aspect of the creature? Is it the Bane warband because they are doom to whatever crosses them?
Wyrm ’bandmates: Wyrmbane, Wyrmkiller, Wyrmspite, Burywyrm, etc.
Bane ’bandmates: Wyrmbane, Dragonbane, Flamebane, Aetherbane, etc.
Lots of little inspirations.

Lengthy, but I hope it helps, and welcome to the Legions!

Thank you so much for the info, it seriously helped me hone in on what a befitting Charr name should be. After some research I found that there are no wyrms in gw2, only wurms and dragons. I don’t know if that would break immersion but I’ve shied away for the moment.

Also, even though Rancor sounds good on paper it’s not as strong in practice. As much as I like the name, it doesn’t come off as well in chat. “hi rancor, you want to join?” or “hey ran” for short :cringe:

Swami has been my go-to alias in RP games over the past few years, but I feel like it’s a little light/flimsy for a Charr. Since Guru is in the same vane and sounds much more Charr-like, I’ve decided to go with that as a first name.

I typed a bunch of names into a list which helped narrow it down a lot. The survivors are:

Guru Wyrmwarden

Guru Soulsage

I’m leaning towards “Soulsage” since my character is a Guardian, but I’m not sure.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I didn’t really know where else to put this. I’m the kind of person that will spend hours on end picking out a good name. It’s been 2 full days and I basically won’t allow myself to enjoy the game (let alone grind to 80) until I have a name that I love. :[

Really appreciate anybody who takes the time to read this mess (OCD to the max). It means more to me than you know. <.<

(edited by Swami.4691)

in Charr

Rauderi.8706

As someone who’s spent minutes at a time staring at the blinking cursor on my screen, I can empathize. =P

Soulsage definitely had gravitas, and it stands out among Charr names. That gets a +1 from me.

Many alts; handle it!

in Charr

Posted by: Kyano.1652

Kyano.1652

^ Rofl where’s your Charr name ? But mines are Charr guardian named Quickzill (supposed to be Quickzillver but couldn’t) and Charr thief Bloodquill

That really random Charr.

in Charr

Rauderi.8706

Sorry, Kyano. XD
I was helping someone with their name, cuz I’m a sucker for that sort of thing. I listed most of them before, but I might as well put them all down (until I make another one~).

Spaiten Maluscrack (canon, in game it’s just Spaiten Malus, because puns and I didn’t know what lore names were like back then), Warrior, Blood Legion
Chagra Fademist, Mist warband, Mesmer, Ash Legion
Kyril Callmist, Mist warband, Necromancer, Ash Legion
Slade Blackstripe, Black warband, Thief, Iron Legion
Garus Trailforge, Forge warband, Ranger, Iron Legion retired
Eidol Thundersoul, Thunder warband, Ranger, Blood Legion

Many alts; handle it!

in Charr

Posted by: Kyano.1652

Kyano.1652

Sorry, Kyano. XD
I was helping someone with their name, cuz I’m a sucker for that sort of thing. I listed most of them before, but I might as well put them all down (until I make another one~).

Spaiten Maluscrack (canon, in game it’s just Spaiten Malus, because puns and I didn’t know what lore names were like back then), Warrior, Blood Legion
Chagra Fademist, Mist warband, Mesmer, Ash Legion
Kyril Callmist, Mist warband, Necromancer, Ash Legion
Slade Blackstripe, Black warband, Thief, Iron Legion
Garus Trailforge, Forge warband, Ranger, Iron Legion retired
Eidol Thundersoul, Thunder warband, Ranger, Blood Legion

Rofl no worries o/ And impressive names, you actually made as if they were part of the legion. That’s pretty creative imo so….11/10? Rofl

That really random Charr.

in Charr

Posted by: saqxon.6132

saqxon.6132

What about Kerra Shadowfang, she my mesmer from ash legion

in Charr

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

I like it rolls off the tongue nicely, solid 10/10

My Charr:

Scarr Soulrend – Warrior of the Blood Legion

Anubis Soulfire – Engineer of the Iron Legion

in Charr

Posted by: Maelwro.7562

Maelwro.7562

Drukhaig, Engineer of the Iron Legion

8/10 for Scarr Soulrend
9/10 for Anubis Soulfire — oddly enough I really like this name for a female Charr

(edited by Maelwro.7562)

in Charr

Posted by: steelbot.8946

steelbot.8946

I like it rolls off the tongue nicely, solid 10/10

My Charr:

Scarr Soulrend – Warrior of the Blood Legion

Anubis Soulfire – Engineer of the Iron Legion

Scarr: 8/10, +1 if he actually has tan fur, a black mane and a scar over his eye. I can’t get the image of Scar’s “Long live the king…” scene out of my head whenever I see that name on a Charr.

Anubis: 7/10, only because I don’t see that really fitting in well with an Engineer. I like the name, don’t get me wrong, but I feel like that would make a better Elementalist name myself.

My Charr: Rend Ashenbane, Thief of the Ash Legion.

in Charr

Posted by: EbonyCrystof.3051

EbonyCrystof.3051

Rend Ashenbane – 9/10, Rend seems perfect for a thief, with all the precise striking thieves do. Ashenbane makes it even better by relating to the ash legion.

Crystof Voidwalker – Warrior/Walker Warband/Blood legion

Dubbed Voidwalker due to his knack for mists exploration, Crystof lost his warband after his curiosity turned out to be too extreme. He grew tired of being a gladium and decided to venture into the mists one last time before setting his sights on a new warband. Unfortunately, his final trek bound him with a not-so-friendly mists lurker with a taste for mischief. His ‘follower’ alienates him frequently and seemingly without end.

in Charr

Posted by: Rammun.1759

Rammun.1759

Crystof Voidwalker – Crysof sounds more like a female Charr although Krysog may sound better. Voidwalker also does not sound Blood legion worthy as it seems more necromancer and ash. 6/10

Rymus Duskshroud – Ash legion thief of the Dusk Warband.
Shroud as after he strikes he disappears.

in Charr

Posted by: REDR.2540

REDR.2540

Rymus Duskshroud – Nice last name for an Ash legion thief, i like it! But the first name… i think he can get a better one. 8/10

REDR – The Initials of his first and last name together. A Charr engineer from the Iron Legion, after he lost his warband he closed all his life in the Black Citadel and became a renegade wanderer. Thats include his true name. Look the attachment for more info about him.

Attachments:

(edited by REDR.2540)

in Charr

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

REDR – Not an’ usual name for a Charr. To be honest, I don’t like it. 2/10.

Gorgaan Peaudesang – You can translate “Peaudesang” by “Bloodskin”. I like his firstname very much (thanks to that guy here : http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gorgaan_Hatemonger). He’s a proud member of the Blood Legion, and hell he likes eat some meat.

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

in Charr

Posted by: Ephemeros.8061

Ephemeros.8061

Gorgaan Peaudesang – I’ll give that a 7/10 for the lore-friendly background and tie into the first game. I do like the interesting translating of the last name, but I didn’t want to score it higher simply because of the usually-literal wordage of Warband names and personal surnames. I feel like just using Gorgaan Bloodskin would’ve been RIDICULOUSLY awesome! Still a great name, though!

My Warrior’s name is Argos Rendfang, proud Legionnairre of the Fang Warband and dedicated soldier of the Blood Legion. His fur, once brilliant white, is now dulled, streaked, and stained with the bloody carnage wrought from his previous campaigns. His eyes, a deep crimson, betray the rage that boils beneath the surface. His scorched, black horns curve backwards against his head showing signs of wear and use from many a sortie since leaving the Blood Legion’s Fahrar.

Argos Rendfang ~ Charrior | Eris Purefang ~ Charrdian
Legionnaire of Legio Speculatores [SEEK]
{N.A. Server ~ Sorrow’s Furnace}

in Charr

Posted by: drkonus.5084

drkonus.5084

Tarr Geargrind is cool 7/10

I have charr guardian (hilarious, I know) in the Iron Legion named Petasia Spiritblade.

She grew up a pretty bright girl, using her talents primarily to provide different, more advanced weapons and armor for the troops. She also learned to cook. in her warband, the spirit warband, her best friend was Euryale, the elementalist. She also helped Dinky training in the ways of the guardian, and took on her tendency to play with his enemy by taunting them.

(edited by drkonus.5084)

in Charr

Posted by: Knichtus.9461

Knichtus.9461

Tarr Geargrind is cool 7/10

I have charr guardian (hilarious, I know) in the Iron Legion named Petasia Spiritblade.

Hey I have a charr guardian as well! Hmm I say 6/10 for the first name and 8/10 for the last name! I say higher if I can know the backstory, I like how it rolls off the tongue.

My charrs:

Maurudunn, Engineer of the Iron Legion: I made him back when I didn’t know you can have last names. His name is supposed to sound a bit odd and soft for a charr however he is commonly called Maur which some charrs pronounce as Maw. A bit of joke on the fact he has so many teeth, also nicknamed for Grenadier’s Maw for the fact he can go psycho on the explosives. In a fanfiction I am working on he is actually one of the most intelligent charrs, which Taimi observes equal to that of Scarlet and hers on some occasions, he just tends to keep it hidden since he has issues trusting people. He talks not much about his past and seems to actually be searching for it himself, he’s an odd one, is dating a Norn and acts particularly feral even for a charr along with goofy. Because of this quirkiness he has only really found close friends in Dinky, his sister, Tybalt, his Norn girlfriend, and a fellow Iron legion charr named Knichtus.

Knichtus Brocthan (Or GearDaemon), guardian of the Iron Legion. Knichtus’ first name is supposed to be a combination of names to mean Snow Knight or Snow Warrior. He’s a fairly inquisitive charr, known for his honorable behavior rather than ferocity. He is often seen helping out Maurudunn with any of his recent engineering adventures since he makes a wonderful test subject since his rather passive behavior. He’s a short charr, even shorter than Rytlock though Maur would recommend not commenting about it since he has a rather vicious temper. He is apart of the Gear warband, and earned the name GearDaemon after his members witnessed the wrath of a very kittened off, powerful guardian. However he likes to go by the name Brocthan when in Norn territories. It is fairly unknown why, but Maur believes that Knichtus most likely lost a very close friend that was a Norn, that he considered was a part of his warband and took his name to honor him.

Knichtus is a very creative charr however with a talent to draw, with his usual guardian abilities, he is also often see drawing up plans for the newest iron legion builds, blood legion weapons, architectual design’s for the citadel and other areas. He is always open to helping fellow charr and doing anything he can for the legions, his warband or any friends. Maur appreciates his help immensely creating new tools, and Knichtus’ bizzare outbursts over ideas he’s been mulling over for drawing.

Kumatora Nightfury, Warrior of the Ash Legion, younger sister of Maur, and best friend of Knichtus. This charr is actually inspired by my recent rescue dog also named Kumatora, and Nightfury as the last name because my friend compares her to toothless. The first name means ‘Bear Tiger’ and is known for how powerful her strikes are, but you won’t typically hear the noise before the impact, she is almost as silent as the night . Kuma is large charr like her brother, and had always a knack for searching for information, she also a menacing force to mess with. Her strength, cunning and intelligence is definitely like the combination of a bear tiger, and when she gets loud, she gets loud and will tear down anything in her path. Usually however, she is able to carry out Ash Legion work with the stealth and finesse you typically don’t think when you imagine a warrior, and she makes a great spy when trying to find out things about the blood legion.

However she’s extremely odd like her brother, Kumatora love’s food, but she has an extremely high metabolism, you can see her scarfing down plates of food before a mission, especially when she knows she is gonna need adrenaline. Despite the table manners, shes exceptionally charming which sometimes clashes with Maur’s ferocity, it’s very often when Knichtus has to referee the two of them when they get into heated intelligent or dumb debates.

Kuma is close to her brother however despite that and he keeps an eye on her, loving watching her progress into a proper charr. Kumatora is considered an honorary member of the Gear Warband and Knichtus an honorary member of the Night. They are extremely close and trusting of eachother and combine with Maur’s Engineer skills make a powerful trio. Kumatora and Knichtus had met up multiple times and eventually after some team events, drinks, close calls and a good brawl the quickly start realizing they could depend on eachother.

I have a fourth charr called Rinnae Pathbolt but she is based off a character from a different RP and I’m still developing her charrself. Knichtus charr is based a bit off of me of course.

(edited by Knichtus.9461)

in Charr

Posted by: Ilien.5302

Ilien.5302

I just bought another character slot and made another charr. What else?

So, my characters to level up after the Asuran Warrior will be a male Charr Engineer and female Charr Necromancer.

Gnash Steelshell of the Shell Warband, Iron Legion – Charr engineer specialized in rifle and grenade warfare.

Lyan Soulbringer of the Soul Warband, Ash Legion – I’m not really sure what she’ll be specializing yet, will build up her character in the near future.

@Knichtus – editing

Maurudunn – I like it due to the Maw connection, but doesn’t seem much charr-like. 5/10

Knichtus Brocthan – Don’t really picture a charr with this name so I’m not a big fan. 4/10. And I cringed a bit at the “norn girlfriend” part too.

Kumatora Nightfury – I do like this one, especially the first name. 6/10.

Rinnae Pathbolt – I think this is your best one so I’ll give it a 7 ;-)

(edited by Ilien.5302)

in Charr

Posted by: Kloud.1894

Kloud.1894

Gnash Steelshell:
4/10 first name, seems kinda generic. 8/10 last name, pretty much perfect charr right there.
Lyan Soulbringer:
5/10 for Lyan because its a cool name, but not really charr. Sounds more human/Sylvari
6/10 for Soulbringer because as cool as that sounds, again, it’s not really Charr.

Ashfur Ketchum, Ranger of the Ash Legion
Winston Charchill, Engineer of the Iron Legion
Gary Oakmane, Guardian of the Blood Legion.

I have a problem.

in Charr

Posted by: MrGrinse.9581

MrGrinse.9581

A Problem that gets you a solid 8 of 10 for each name!
I cannot stop laughing! Charchill? hahahahaha

Any way…

Oriana Scythetail, or as an inept Human once called her, Ori Sai. Ranger of the Iron Legion. Not big on talking better with her tools and bow. she is not one to mess with.

in Charr

Posted by: Ishmael.6740

Ishmael.6740

Oh, I like that one, especially the last name, Oriana sounds a tad too “human” I think, but it’s alright 9/10

I got a charr thief called Mereen Brightclaw, for her white fur with black spots as well as the bright flash of her steel – very likely to be the first and last thing you’ll see of her xD