[Merged][PvP][Warrior] Healing Signet is Too Powerful

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It was in the livestream. And I think it’s fair – 8%( 31.62 hps) for a more usable active is a fair trade.

#Keepgettingmadoverwarriors2014.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Is it still per second? Or did they change that effect too? A thought occurred to me while talking with a friend who mains a warrior, he felt it should be every 3 seconds. That way it’s a regen effect that doesn’t overpower the warrior’s defense. Have to say I agree with him…at least then I’d have hope for damaging one enough.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

pitiful passive nerf and a large active buff… another slap in the face to every other profession.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The active should be the stronger heal to make wars use it. 31 hps reduction means that the war would still need to have 100% pois up-time on him to get the main effect from pois vs being able to apply pois when the active part is used in order to reduce it by a third (not a lot of skillful gameplay there). Wars have a lot of options to reduce/remove conds which furthers the problem. In addition to that they are lowering some poison durations (eng/thief).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

anets devs having different sights of the meaning of shaved ……

on warrior) shaving on healing signet 400 hp to 368- means 8%
on Thief) shaving on Vigorous Recovery 8s to 5s – means 37,5%

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

(edited by Arkantos.7460)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Sounded like a fair nerf to me. I mean we dont know much about the active yet so… hard to say, but I was reasonably pleased.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

It doesnt matter how much they nerf it. It will always be a terrible skill from a game design perspective (like many other things in this game). No healing skill should be passiv.

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

It doesnt matter how much they nerf it. It will always be a terrible skill from a game design perspective (like many other things in this game). No healing skill should be passiv.

Of course not. Because you say so

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I still think the signet should have worked opposite of what it does now. Passive give some minor effect (condi cleanse or a bonus to vitality), activating gives a base heal + 15 to 20 sec regen. It would make more sense that way.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

I’m interested to see what bonuses they will be adding to the active portion. If both the active and passive portions only provide healing, then there is no way to ever balance it. Whichever state provides the higher HPS will always be better, and no one will use the other state. So the active has to do something more than just healing. And by the nature of Healing Signet, you will normally want to keep it ticking in passive mode, and the only time you will use the active is during an “Oh kitten” moment.

So what could they add to the active? …Mending provides condi cleanse, so that’s out. Surge provides adrenaline modification, which results in dmg, so a dmg boost is probably out. Defiant Stance is another damage shield, which we probably have too many already, so that’s out…

The only thing I can think of is providing boons when activated, most likely regen, vigor, protection, or some combination of those. Or it could provide some class-specific buff that just reduces damage by a set amount (maybe 25%) for a duration.

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

I still think the signet should have worked opposite of what it does now. Passive give some minor effect (condi cleanse or a bonus to vitality), activating gives a base heal + 15 to 20 sec regen. It would make more sense that way.

I totally agree. I’m fine with a passive heal, but it shouldn’t be the main thing. That sort of design yields far more skillful gameplay that way.

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

This is addressed to the dev on the left during Ready-Up:

Let’s assume 30hps is the difference between Healing Signet and Healing Surge. However, Healing Signet is not skillful play, and there is no skillful counterplay.

Healing Surge can be interrupted and you can poison the heal. You cannot interrupt Healing Signet and, unless you plan on giving all professions access to 100% poison uptime, you cannot poison Healing Signet.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s not good game design. (Or that it’s not skillful play like one of the above poster thinks.)

The idea behind Healing Signet is that you’re trading burst healing for sustained healing. This is a rather interesting trade.

Normally, that kind of deal is great on tanky characters who are buffed on toughness and healing power, but not so good on glass cannons who need to be healed fast when they’re being focused.

The problem is that the way it’s balanced, it’s the best healing skill almost all the time whether you’re tanky or not. This is not right, but this a balance issue, not a game design issue. And on top of that, it makes the warrior’s healing options boring.

What I think they need to do is to reduce the passive healing by a good deal, but increase the healing power scaling a lot. That would make the skill’s worth vary based on builds, instead of being the best heal for nearly every build.

As for the active effect… well I think you can’t have your cake and eat it too. If you want such high regen, you shouldn’t have a good burst heal. Instead of buffing the active effect’s raw healing, I’d like to see it do something more support-ish, since tanky warriors are more about support. Something like healing yourself and nearby allies for a percentage of the heal you got could be nice, for example.

(edited by Bearhugger.4326)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

In the past I’ve stated that HealSig should be reduced by small amounts- 30 to 50 HPS, for example, in a short period of time until it is balanced. What I did not state was that we should just nerf HealSig by 30 HPS and leave it be because apparently 30 HPS “is a lot more than we think it is”.

Let’s look at what are generally considered the best healing skills for each class (by HPS assuming that you use your heal whenever it comes off CD and not including cast time) in the game. If two skills are used equally often or both very often, I chose the heal that healed for more:

Elementalist- 333.33 HPS via Ether Renewal (in actuality this is much lower because of cast time, and the cast time removes a great deal of damage application and defense that the ele could be using instead. It’s also very, very easy to interrupt)

Engineer- 2520+390+2520+650 = 405.33 via Healing Turret (again, though, much lower due to cast times and damage output/defense lost. I was using this in sPvP today and I was horrified by how long the entire combination took for the amount it healed me. I’d much rather take a consistent heal that heals for 100 HPS less than Healing Turret)

Guardian- 151.83 HPS from Shelter (lol)

Mesmer- 278 HPS + 32 HPS per clone via Ether Feast

Necromancer- 209.6 HPS + 28.96 HPS for each condition you have on you on average when you heal via Consume Conditions

Ranger- 242 HPS assuming that you get the maximum amount of regeneration (3s on activation and then another 3s per 2 seconds) via Healing Spring

Thief- 289.6 HPS via Withdraw

Warrior- 327.33 HPS with HealSurge if you have 3 bars of adrenaline each time you use it and 392 HPS with HealSig

The 8% nerf translates the 392 HPS to only a 31-32 HPS reduction. That’s still 360-361 HPS. That’s absolutely massive compared to most other heals, and, unlike other heals, it doesn’t have a cast time. Granted, it doesn’t come with some of the side effects of other heals, but most of those are already covered when you take into account things like Cleansing Ire that most warriors take already.

Warriors already have a 7-14% damage reduction over medium and light armor classes, respectively, and have the highest base health (8k more than thief, guardian, or ele) in the game. The logical conclusion would be that the warrior would have an average or even slightly below average heal to make up for these defensive benefits, but right now not only does HealSig heal for more than every other skill in the game (with the 8% reduction it heals for slightly less than HealTurret and slightly less than Ether Feast w/ three clones out) without facing the negative effects of a cast time.

I highly suggest that you at least take down HealSig to the level of thief’s Withdraw, and even further since you don’t seem to be planning on reducing it any more after this patch. The defensive benefits granted to warrior just by base stats is already enormous, and when combined with Cleansing Ire, Adrenal Health, and HealSig, it far exceeds every other class in the game. The logical conclusion is thus to nerf HealSig significantly so that the defensive options of warrior are balanced with those of other classes, given that their offensive options are no worse than those of any other class.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

agree….that nerf is a joke. should not be higher that guardian virtue…period.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

8% is pretty hilarious.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

8% will have very little impact…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Nerf it more and it is a junk heal, everyone will go adrenal surge because burst heal > regen.
It is also our only method of healing unless investing ridiculous amount of points, gimping our damage.
This is such a cheap thread, you are only comparing the ‘6’ skills to each other, while other classes (engi for example) has way more healing sources than the warrior. Let alone stealth breaking target (big deal!) and dropping damage for that duration, aegis, blind spams, protection. All ways that indirectly heal you to which the warrior has NO access too.

Healing signet is in a good spot. Drop it to 350HPS and nobody will take it.

ps.: ele can have the same heal on their signet but lose entire water attunement as trade off. Would you accept that?

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I didn’t believe JP was going to actually balance healing signet and bring it in line with the other heals; and once again he proves it. He just loves his signet warrior too much.

This 8% ‘nerf’ is but half of the joke though, because the other half will be that he will compensate the ‘nerf’ by buffing the active too (and you can bet it will be more than 8%).

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

I think 30 HPS is a good starting point. I wouldn’t mind slightly bigger nerf to heal sig, but if stuff like Adrenal Health or Cleansing Ire is also shaved off a bit, it might be actually decently balanced.

I hope this change will be PvP-only though. Healing Signet is not really a problem in PvE and WvW.

@OP – write up comparing HPS between diffirent classes’ heals is completely useless, as all classes have their unique tools. Shelter is nearly impossible to interrupt and blocks all damage during the cast, which is often more important than heal itself. Withdraw on Thief is very similar with it’s evade, but also creates distance. Ranger can leap through Healing Spring and use Drake to blast it to double the heal. Also removes conditions. Not to mention elite spirit which pretty much gives whole party Healing Signet+Adrenal Health, clears condis and can res. Apples and oranges.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

(edited by Harrier.9380)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

The passive signets aren’t supposed to be in line with the Burst heals or the condi removal heals. They’re supposed to dwarf them in healing over time, but be lackluster when healing is needed in an instant, which the signet heals are.
I think a bit more hps could’ve been taken off healing signet but I certainly see why they didn’t go further then that. its 392, at about what 328 it’s dead even with A-surge for healing in a 30s timeframe. At 362 it still has its niche but is easier to pressure. Encouraging more use of an active which is subject to interrupt.

The great forum duppy.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

If 95% of your player base go to 1 heal after it was buffed, something went wrong. Also if the population of wvw goes from 10% warrior to about 30%…something went wrong =P

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

The elementalist heal also cures conditions as it pulses (8 times I believe)

Ether Feast heals around 356 per second with all 3 clones which really isn’t hard to get. And considering all the stealth they have, and ways to avoid damage.

Necromancer’s Heal cures all conditions and in a condition based meta that we are in will heal for a whole lot of HP.

Troll Unguent is around 330 HPS.

Now I could agree it could of been nerfed a bit more (maybe down to 350 HPS) but it isn’t out of line as you make it out to be. Warriors don’t have a whole lot of other sources of healing like let’s say a Guardian, Engi or an Ele whom all can attain higher HPS than a warrior. Adrenal Health is really a non-issue because most warriors will expend burst.

And to say that Healing Signet doesn’t have any other additional affects but we have Cleansing Ire is a really moot argument. Because I could say oh Mesmers don’t have any additional effects on Ether Feast but they have boons on stealth and low cooldown evade on the sword. You can’t use base stats to justify a complete destruction of a heal. Look no further than the release of GW2, when the Warrior was considered the worst class. Having high base stats was a huge handicap because it meant we had no sustain, good condi removal, or protection. While the D/D ele had the lowest base stats and was 3x more sustainable than a warrior. You are basically just ensuring the heal will never be used ever again if you drop it to the level of Thief’s withdraw and it really is unreasonable, considering Warriors are supposed to be the ones that are durable and are on the frontlines soaking damage. And thieves have stealth.

I know many people who agree with me that if ANet isn’t careful about Healing Signet they are just one change away from being unviable in tPvP. Despite the Warriors looking strong now (yet teams still need Guardians, Condi Engis, etc), they are really susceptible to the effects of a nerf of any mechanic that gives them survivability.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

If 95% of your player base go to 1 heal after it was buffed, something went wrong. Also if the population of wvw goes from 10% warrior to about 30%…something went wrong =P

Warriors were always the most popular class pre and post buff.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I think 30 HPS is a good starting point. I wouldn’t mind slightly bigger nerf to heal sig, but if stuff like Adrenal Health or Cleansing Ire is also shaved off a bit, it might be actually decently balanced.

I hope this change will be PvP-only though. Healing Signet is not really a problem in PvE and WvW.

@OP – write up comparing HPS between diffirent classes’ heals is completely useless, as all classes have their unique tools. Shelter is nearly impossible to interrupt and blocks all damage during the cast, which is often more important than heal itself. Withdraw on Thief is very similar with it’s evade, but also creates distance. Ranger can leap through Healing Spring and use Drake to blast it to double the heal. Also removes conditions. Not to mention elite spirit which pretty much gives whole party Healing Signet+Adrenal Health, clears condis and can res. Apples and oranges.

I’d agree that it’s a good starting point (as I stated in the OP), but ANet has a history of “revolution over evolution” when it comes to balance patches, and nothing they’ve said has indicated that HealSig will be getting any further buffs in the future.

And you’re assuming that it’s impossible to compare between classes- it’s not, and I’ve taken all factors into consideration. For instance, is a 2s block really worth sacrificing 200 HPS? Probably not, when you take into consideration that you can’t deal damage and you still suffer from condis during that time. The same goes for thief, and not only is blasting water finishers extremely difficult for Rangers, but doing so hardly raises the amount of healing you get anyways. I also mentioned that Cleansing Ire and Adrenal Health (CI especially though) are so good that they make up for a lack of additional effects anyways, however.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

As long as you can spam the elite banner to revive the Lord and downed allies warriors will be primo zerg material even if they removed the skill entirely. It just made mindless 1 1 1 1 lag mashing easier is all.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

It actually brings it down the point where it’s ALMOST not worth using heal signet because of it’s downsides (No anti-burst, weak to poison).

But whatev, people won’t be happy until Warriors are back to being unplayable.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azylir.9137

Azylir.9137

It actually brings it down the point where it’s ALMOST not worth using heal signet because of it’s downsides (No anti-burst, weak to poison).

Other than when you’re saying they weren’t playable at all, they just required more skilled players to use them, they just weren’t optimal to bring in pvp anymore. With healing signet even with their “nerf” it will continue to be probably the easiest class to pick up and succeed with.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

You’re also conveniently forgetting that eles often have Soothing Mist and passive regens up as well, which the warrior doesn’t get from themselves. Then there are the healing skills (which appear on any weapon but focus) and if they bring a signet, they can trait for it not to lose the passive if they use the active heal.

Overall, I’d say that we should first look what this change will do, and then complain about it.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Elementalist- 333.33 HPS via Ether Renewal (in actuality this is much lower because of cast time, and the cast time removes a great deal of damage application and defense that the ele could be using instead. It’s also very, very easy to interrupt)

Engineer- 2520+390+2520+650 = 405.33 via Healing Turret (again, though, much lower due to cast times and damage output/defense lost. I was using this in sPvP today and I was horrified by how long the entire combination took for the amount it healed me. I’d much rather take a consistent heal that heals for 100 HPS less than Healing Turret)

Guardian- 151.83 HPS from Shelter (lol)

Mesmer- 278 HPS + 32 HPS per clone via Ether Feast

Necromancer- 209.6 HPS + 28.96 HPS for each condition you have on you on average when you heal via Consume Conditions

Ranger- 242 HPS assuming that you get the maximum amount of regeneration (3s on activation and then another 3s per 2 seconds) via Healing Spring

Thief- 289.6 HPS via Withdraw

Warrior- 327.33 HPS with HealSurge if you have 3 bars of adrenaline each time you use it and 392 HPS with HealSig

And here is another blatant lies. We love to “forgot” some “redundant” facts, aren’t we?
Elementalist- 333.33 HPS via Ether Renewal + condi removal on each tick, one of best condi removals in game.
Engineer- 2520+390+2520+650 = 405.33 via Healing Turret. Large part of this is AoE.
Guardian- 151.83 HPS from Shelter, with anti-burst blocking.
Necromancer- 209.6 HPS + 28.96 HPS for each condition you have – best condition cleanse utility in game.
Ranger- 242 HPS assuming that you get the maximum amount of regeneration (3s on activation and then another 3s per 2 seconds) via Healing Spring – 10 sec (!) of huge AoE water wield, with ticking condition cleanse.
Thief- 289.6 HPS via Withdraw – built-it evade and gap creator.
Warrior – *392 HPS with HealSig – additional effects – …

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

(edited by Rednik.3809)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Weak to poison? Really?
A burst heal to be weakned for 33% needs just poison to be applied before the heal is casted.
Healing signet to get a 33% reduction overall, needs perma-poison.
How can that skill be weak to poison? Get real, man.
Also, if the viability of warriors is completely tied to healing signet, then you know that it needs a nerf for sure.

You’re also conveniently forgetting that eles often have Soothing Mist and passive regens up as well, which the warrior doesn’t get from themselves. Then there are the healing skills (which appear on any weapon but focus) and if they bring a signet, they can trait for it not to lose the passive if they use the active heal.

Overall, I’d say that we should first look what this change will do, and then complain about it.

Adrenal Health says “hi!”.

The trait which keeps the passive is a freaking grandmaster trait. Nobody is going to go deep into earth to take a grandmaster trait to keep the passive of a single signet active after you’ve used it only for a 3k healing every 25s, also considering how bad the other signets are.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Oh well it wont get nerfed again this is the best we get. The active is actually getting a buff so, oh well.
Move on.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

Let’s not forget that the OP here is biased.
Unlike the other classes warriors have no access to protection, stealth, reflects and all those other nasty things that other classes can abuse to stay alive.
Of course he makes no mention of this since he’s trying to prove a point and thus only looking at a SMALL part of the whole picture and pointing out what he feels is wrong but doesn’t bother to present it all.

Yes – warriors have a strong heal. It is also a heal warriors need to remain viable.
If you’re mad – keep at it, but I believe the value is good. The devs said it themselves – reduce it more and you’ll have a trash heal nobody will take.

I do understand people like the OP – they want their free kill back. But I have a feeling they’re not going to get it.

in Profession Balance

sorrow.2364

Warrior – 392 HPS with HealSig – automated healing with no bother to press any button whatsoever to sustain (so interrupting the pressure on enemies), giving the max healing output possible in any situations, while being not likely affected by poison because of its heal-over-time nature – …

FTFY

Unlike the other classes warriors have no access to protection, stealth, reflects and all those other nasty things that other classes can abuse to stay alive.
Of course he makes no mention of this since he’s trying to prove a point and thus only looking at a SMALL part of the whole picture and pointing out what he feels is wrong but doesn’t bother to present it all.

Yes – warriors have a strong heal. It is also a heal warriors need to remain viable.
If you’re mad – keep at it, but I believe the value is good. The devs said it themselves – reduce it more and you’ll have a trash heal nobody will take.

I do understand people like the OP – they want their free kill back. But I have a feeling they’re not going to get it.

They have high vigor uptime through stances when traited, best condition cleansing in the game while being the only profession with on-demand condition immunity, huge stability uptime, highest health pool and armor in the game, best CCs though hammer+longbow (which can be also used defensively) and now also the profession with the best sustain in the game with 0 healing power, outclassed only by elementalists or guardians with clerics.

I don’t really get your point. Is all of this because of protection? Necromancers have protection, but they are still squishy as kitten and would drop like flies if they didn’t have Death Shroud. Elementalists have the highest protection uptime in the game and are by far the squishiest profession out there.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Warrior – 392 HPS with HealSig – automated healing with no bother to press any button whatsoever to sustain (so interrupting the pressure on enemies), giving the max healing output possible in any situations, while being not likely affected by poison because of its heal-over-time nature – …

Lol. If you are under heavy pressure – HS is one of weakest healing options overall in such situation, due to nonexistent burst heal.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Profession Balance

sorrow.2364

Lol. If you are under heavy pressure – HS is one of weakest healing options overall in such situation, due to nonexistent burst heal.

That’s why berserker stance, endure pain and dodges are in the game.
If you are under pressure, you aren’t able to heal anyway because of CCs. Healing Signet is still healing you, tho.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Just the weapon skills outheal adrenal health (and they’re free). Soothing Mist is on par with it. And regeneration surpasses it. So the ele gets 3 times that amount.

The trait which keeps the passive is a freaking grandmaster trait. Nobody is going to go deep into earth to take a grandmaster trait to keep the passive of a single signet active after you’ve used it only for a 3k healing every 25s, also considering how bad the other signets are.

With nobody you mean you right? Because what you’re stating is pretty subjective.

Also, you skipped over my main point: let’s see how this change works in practice before we complain.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Profession Balance

sorrow.2364

Just the weapon skills outheal adrenal health (and they’re free). Soothing Mist is on par with it. And regeneration surpasses it. So the ele gets 3 times that amount.

With nobody you mean you right? Because what you’re stating is pretty subjective.

Also, you skipped over my main point: let’s see how this change works in practice before we complain.

Yeah man, that’s why you see so many elementalists today in PvP.
You can just take numbers out of context and say “uh, look, elementalists heal for more, so warriors are fine!”. Elementalists are nowhere survivable as warriors but, still, their healing is dangerously close to them.
Keep in mind that an Elementalist with Soldier has lower base survivability than a Warrior with Berserker, just to say.

Please, point me any competitive Elementalist which has ever used Written in Stone in the whole history of GW2 PvP without giving up the match after.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

What a junk post.

This is the one thing Anet doesn’t seem to destroy nerf the first time around, and the QQ is already starting? Weak.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Missile_Deflection

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Also, warrior may have no native access to protection…but nothing stops him from getting it from an ally – as it happens in every single party.
Whereas other classes can’t have its innate sustain.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Lol@30 in Earth. Stop trolling.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Good attempt, but 30 in earth build is the worst in pvp.

On topic: Warriors dominating the game for another 3-4 months. Boring GW2…

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Missile_Deflection

So you’re saying a warrior packs as much reflect as a mesmer/ guardian?
I’m not saying we don’t have it at all – but not as good as other classes.

Also I had forgotten to mention necro’s 2nd life bar. Fun stuff.

Honest question : why do people want this class destroyed? Would it make you guys feel better?!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Protection is a rare boon to most classes and war already has a weaker version of it because of its armor class.

Many here try to take ele as example for balancing healing. That’s funny, because you can oneshot eles.

This ‘nerf’ doesn’t change anything.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I’m really not one in general to make overall criticisms of the dev team, because on the whole I think they do a pretty good job.

But the bias towards warriors over all other classes is becoming the elephant in the living room. The proposed nerf to HS is a joke, and it appears no other substantive changes are being made to address their insane immunities and mobility.

I go into WvW and for a game with 8 professions, it seems like 1/4 to 1/3 of the players are on warriors. That’s balance?

Very disappointing.

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

This is addressed to the dev on the left during Ready-Up:

Let’s assume 30hps is the difference between Healing Signet and Healing Surge. However, Healing Signet is not skillful play, and there is no skillful counterplay.

Healing Surge can be interrupted and you can poison the heal. You cannot interrupt Healing Signet and, unless you plan on giving all professions access to 100% poison uptime, you cannot poison Healing Signet.

The skillful counter to HS is BURST DAMAGE. Is it that hard to figure out?
If you burst him down said warrior cannot heal.

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

I’m really not one in general to make overall criticisms of the dev team, because on the whole I think they do a pretty good job.

But the bias towards warriors over all other classes is becoming the elephant in the living room. The proposed nerf to HS is a joke, and it appears no other substantive changes are being made to address their insane immunities and mobility.

I go into WvW and for a game with 8 professions, it seems like 1/4 to 1/3 of the players are on warriors. That’s balance?

Very disappointing.

They have already said that other changes are going to come – those that they didn’t want to spoil and weren’t allowed to talk about.
I believe that the best thing to do now is to wait for the game to settle and see how things work out.
I predict the balance will be good – but it’s the people that wanted warrior nerfed into the ground that are now making a fuss – the patch isn’t even out yet and STILL They’re making a fuss over something that isn’t even in the game.

We don’t know how all the changes combined will affect the meta – but the people who wanted a warrior nerf just to spite warriors are the ones crying – because they don’t necessarily want a balanced game ( although they want that too) – their main priority is to spite warrior players and see the class nerfed into the ground at ALL cost.

Regarding the prevalence of warriors – warrior popularity is an issue here. Warriors will always be popular even if they are balanced. Because they are EASY and FUN to play unlike other classes.
Because they have great looking armor ( and not silly trench coats) and can wear some of the coolest legendary weapons.

(edited by Harper.4173)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Honest question : why do people want this class destroyed? Would it make you guys feel better?!

If one skill makes the difference between a class being viable and useless, then clearly there’s some sort of problem.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Duplicate message, sorry.

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)