Anet why do you hate us?

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hoschi.1702

Hoschi.1702

True… As a main rev and second ele i can tell you revs are having way more problems right now. Ele is dealing almost everywhere (in pve) the most damage and doing really good in pvp and wvw as auramancer. And auramancer is really fun compert to revs spamming condi clear with mallyx in wvw

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Auramancer ain’t my thing, but I’m fine with being backline staff artillery in WvW. It might not be the most optimal choice for the role, but it works.

Same in PvE. Our damage potential is among the highest, but we’re hardly optimal in many cases. Other classes, condi dps builds in particular, can easily outdps an ele by simply being easier and more reliable. CRanger being the prime example. Still, you can be a decent enough damage dealer pretty much everywhere.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Right i play tempest and i HATE it

Then don’t play it.

Ok so stop playing ele? Core ele is worthless no you can do burst build or even a tankly dps to a point (all though giving up a stab protection gen -7% dmg taken more might a realty good dps 4 stun brakes another heal effect) to do it as a pure ele all things that are good for melee classes.

Core ele is not a class in gw2 any more has not been for a long time because they put too much dmg on the tempest class or its overloads and at the same time gave it too much self support. Both of witch core ele cant even compete.

Ele is one of though p2w classes atm there a good number of them in the game Anet messed up big time when they added in the elite spec when it comes to spvp wvw and even open world pve. All just to have viability in raids and class “specialization” of rolls.

Any way i only play ele as support in wvw and i still some how do ok dmg because of overloads and boon stacking its boring but i realty like staff ele a lot. I tried power dmg necro and tried to pretend it was an ele (see my signature) and found it to be boring. Right now my ele i think of it more of a mages healer not a pure mages class.

Real feanor do a side by side comparison what line gives you what tempest line can give you. Do not forget to add in the overloads and shouts and the ability to use a wh.
Its out right silly what they put on tempest line both the best dps AND self support AND aoe boon support AND healing support AND soft cc effects (shouts mostly) AND aura support AND field out put AND unquiet support (just air overload and added duration to boons). How dose core ele even compete to this?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Indeed, I never understood how people could think zerk staff is ez mode. Even in PvE, the high DPS rotation is not easy to get at all compared to many other professions.

Well actually before the old Nerf to lava font uptime, staff was really Easy to use (still hard to maximize) since with only perma lavafont + AA + meteorshower +Fire overload you could have got Crazy numbers.
I wasn’t running a DPS meter back in these past days but Simply the fact people could do gorseval without updraft without even know wich DPS rotation do, says already a lot

Now things are changed and to get decent numbers you have to put some effort in it

Parabrezza

(edited by lucadiro.4519)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I hate titles like this one. It has some merit to it tho, Anet has tried to give ele more build variety, but it hasn’t done anything so far. Then again, that could be said for other classes too.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ProDecius.2609

ProDecius.2609

Are we talking to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzeybOWUN4I Feanor btw? your ele is really skillful and I enjoy your YT content. TBH though with the air overload nerfs and the buff to arc lighting I much prefer arcane over tempy with SF ele . But still ele is a mad science and and whatever works I guess, your probably a much better player then I am so what do I know.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

ProDecius.2609

This last patch . . . wow anet really? FA ele was almost viable spvp, How am I supposed to run it without air and blood? It was already so under powered omg this is terrible.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Just seen patch notes….first thing wtf…next was WTF ANET. DID THEY EVER TIRED TO PLAY ELE IN PVP!? Somebody make tread so we discuss this…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Sigil of Courage + Sigil of Ruthlessness?

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Meh, I expected nothing for the base ele and less than nothing came – actually just a nerf to our poor survivability.

I don’t care about changes to Tempest – I don’t like the spec and don’t like to play it so I couldn’t care less if it gets nerfed or whatever.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Ele condi effects got hit in the last update too charges are the worst effect that you can tie to an aoe class. The icd per person was the only thing in the ele kits that worked with aoe and now that gone.

And to make things worst ele core got another nerf because of tempest having perma protection. Tempest is the WORST thing to happen to ele.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Repeating it over and over again won’t make it true. I’ve said it – if you don’t like it, don’t play it. Don’t give me that bs about core ele “not being a class”. If you like it, you’ll play it and squeeze the most out of it. In WvW I still see many eles run core specs with no tempest. I understand it is easier to complain on forums than acquiring the relevant skill, but it’s also unproductive.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

meanwhile, i still get 100%-0% by air overload as a warrior.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Funny, I can’t remember the last time I even finished an air overload with an enemy warrior around me.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

me too … a decent warrior killed by ele air OL ? If the warrior can play he hunts the ele …
After the patch dodging stuns got easier but i don´t expect to 100 – 0 a warrior with one OL unless he is AFK … I expect fighting warriors after the patch might be easier but i won´t expect a fast kill in either direction.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Did you forgot to use endure pain, shield block, any cc, GS3, a Dodge, or Just walking away the AoE?

Parabrezza

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Repeating it over and over again won’t make it true. I’ve said it – if you don’t like it, don’t play it. Don’t give me that bs about core ele “not being a class”. If you like it, you’ll play it and squeeze the most out of it. In WvW I still see many eles run core specs with no tempest. I understand it is easier to complain on forums than acquiring the relevant skill, but it’s also unproductive.

So go run your core ele in raid or spvp and come back to me and tell me how well you did.

The best thing i can say is your fooling your self into thinking core ele still viable. You need to take a long hard look at your game play and the lines you chose and compare that to other classes and how it would changes if you used tempest.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

No need, unlike you I like Tempest. Though I’m fairly sure I could run core ele in a raid. It’s not optimal, but then, as it is Tempest isn’t either. I have zero interest in PvP, so can’t help you there.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

No need, unlike you I like Tempest. Though I’m fairly sure I could run core ele in a raid. It’s not optimal, but then, as it is Tempest isn’t either. I have zero interest in PvP, so can’t help you there.

Then why complain that someone wants changes to core ele for the game mode of their preference?

Core ele is subpar in PvP and WvW (I imagine it is also in PvE but I don’t raid to know) that is a fact and people have the right to dislike tempest and the healbot role. ANET is offering no support for core ele and non-tempest, but rather tackling over performance of healbot Tempest (which I don’t have a problem with) in PvP and nerfing core on the side (which is a big problem because it only brings an already subpar role further down).

This is what drives the complaint of people and if you don’t care about PvP and WvW why do you bother to dispute these items and just say “get good”?

What you are doing is the definition of trolling.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

That the point “not optimal” you can run any thing you want in most game types rvr not so much even spvp to a point needs to have a set build but if you cant run core ele as the same level as a tempest there IS something wrong. The worst of it is that core ele is out dmg by tempest even though tempest is better at being tankly and was made with the ideal of being harder to kill then the core ele.

Lets get back to what i am talking about core classes getting nerf because of there elite spec. Ele protection from aura got nerf because of tempest added auras and added protection effects. If anet realty had a problem with protection up time then they should of nerf the protection from overloads or made aura effects on tempest have longer cd. Now we will have to deal with this nerf on to the next elite spec because it was the core ele that was nerf.

Anet has got to take there hands off of the core classes and stop trying to fix there power creep they added in though elite spec this way but should look at the elite spec and nerf them. Its like trying to dig out part of your foundation to make shorten your home.

Also what they did to glyph of elemental power is unforgivable. This was the only changes they had made on ele over the last 4 years that was good an icd per person on a good set of condi effects for ele. Now its burn only condi effects that gets 5 stacks and is on a 25 sec cd. No one going to use it for the bleed no one going to use it for the chill or vanablitly. Anet realty messed up this time and i hope they pay for it dearly.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

ProDecius.2609

Meh I don’t care about CONDI ele, only scepter focus burst ele and anet deleted the sigils it needed. My favorite build in the game and “poof” it’s gone. I chose to play FA ele under the idea that I would never get a nerf because my build is under powered and from 2012. OH my did I underestimate anets ability to ruin everything. I honestly might never play spvp again after this patch.

(edited by ProDecius.2609)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Meh I don’t care about CONDI ele, only scepter focus burst ele and anet deleted the sigils it needed. My favorite build in the game and “poof” it’s gone. I chose to play FA ele under the idea that I would never get a nerf because my build is under powered and from 2012. OH my did I underestimate anets ability to ruin everything. I honestly might never play spvp again after this patch.

I understand why anet got rid of them. They were so much better that other choices weren’t really an option. I’d say its better for the health of the game though it pretty much confirms that sc/f ele was never one of their focuses. They probably want to make the new specialization the selling point for dps ele.

Bad Elementalist

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

I understand why anet got rid of them. They were so much better that other choices weren’t really an option. I’d say its better for the health of the game though it pretty much confirms that sc/f ele was never one of their focuses. They probably want to make the new specialization the selling point for dps ele.

Although I disagree with removing an option “just cause we don’t care” as it was a kitten move on their part, I fully agree with your second point – this is a pre-expansion nerf so that the new elite specs are all easier to make “shiny” and workable (or perhaps even OP) so people buy the expansion.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Well they just nerf a GM arcain line trait because of one utility arcain power. Arcains are one of the most underused utility ele has and all but one effect arcain power is not worth using and they just nerf it for every thing. Anet has no ideal what they are doing at all with ele.

This is what i am talking about nerfing the core class just because they added in power creep in another way. Destroying the ele foundation because of the new things they added in.
Anet is comply unwilling to fix old effects to be viable they simply want to cover over there old error with new things.

What i do not get is why do they keep adding in effects that punish an ele for trying to maximized its skills aoe.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Not sure were else to put this but more on the lines working with in what anet is doing to ele. (I am not realty good at starting threads but i would love to suggest this ideal of charges system over icd for on hit on crit on etc.. effect over icd)

I think if they could make the charges on GoEP and arcain power deplete base off of attk not players hit would go a long way to fixing ele as a class. In a lot of ways you can add in more ammo like system to all the icd if you make them trigger charges lost per attk and not per person hit. So thinks like blinding ash could say have 2 charges for 10 sec but keep its aoe burning effect. Giving the ele 2 blinds ever 2 sec for 2 skills that do apply burning.

You could even lose the % for the other on crit skills and make them aoe at the same time cutting out the rngness of the on crit effects with out making them super stack-able.

For other classes too if icd become charges per attk and or attk pules it would fix things like chilling death but keep them very powerful for burst. It also adds in counter play that you can see the number of charges some one has on them so you know when these effects are coming. It also lets you bate better if your the person with charges to scare ppl into trying to avoid your big hits.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ApaWanka.2698

ApaWanka.2698

Speaking as Wvw roamer. (No idea about PvE and didn’t play Pvp since the last patch)

Core ele is still a thing in Wvw.

As a roamer (FreshAir or DD) U have good movility and can defeat any other clan in 1v1 or run really fast if you are strongly outnumbered.

Its a really fun class to play on this mode and viable (maybe not optimal) but still playable. Maybe our combos are more complicated than other profesions but always was like that…. Eh! we are Elementalist! we have lots of tools for any situation.

Just have fun, keep practicing and learn about your mistakes

On zerg U still can hit really hard with staff as backline artillery with a decent survability.

So, in Wvw Core ele is still viable and even have few build diversity!

Could it be better? YES

You need to combo 3,4 or 5 skills to get the same damage than a F1 on the warrior or condiNecro. You have less sustain than then. you dont have invisibility or a good range damage over time(scepter can do dmg spikes but AA stinks xD) you dont have lots of things……. but ITS REALLY FUN an if you practice, you can defeat all of them.

So…. Is it playable? YES

(edited by ApaWanka.2698)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

They suck ass in pvp. Ele seriously lacks build diversity and I think anet likes it that way.
We have 1 build that works, and it’s bunker/auramancer and I am 100% sick of it. – and it barely holds up against the condition wave if any at all.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

ProDecius.2609

Speaking as Wvw roamer. (No idea about PvE and didn’t play Pvp since the last patch)

Core ele is still a thing in Wvw.

As a roamer (FreshAir or DD) U have good movility and can defeat any other clan in 1v1 or run really fast if you are strongly outnumbered.

Its a really fun class to play on this mode and viable (maybe not optimal) but still playable. Maybe our combos are more complicated than other profesions but always was like that…. Eh! we are Elementalist! we have lots of tools for any situation.

Just have fun, keep practicing and learn about your mistakes

On zerg U still can hit really hard with staff as backline artillery with a decent survability.

So, in Wvw Core ele is still viable and even have few build diversity!

Could it be better? YES

You need to combo 3,4 or 5 skills to get the same damage than a F1 on the warrior or condiNecro. You have less sustain than then. you dont have invisibility or a good range damage over time(scepter can do dmg spikes but AA stinks xD) you dont have lots of things……. but ITS REALLY FUN an if you practice, you can defeat all of them.

So…. Is it playable? YES

Nah Scepter AA is amazing, FA ele in wvw is such an awesome thief buster. It wrecks all but staff thief 9/10 lmao almost instantly . In WvW blood and air sigil still exist though(THANK GOD). Condi Necro and power rev are the only 1vs1’s I can’t seem to win kitten ele, pretty sure necro is just borked in wvw because trailblazer, and power rev has perfect skill bar/cool downs for one shotting a FA ele. So necro because anet allows borked stats in wvw, and rev because they actually counter the playstyle. My FA ele isn’t afraid to fight anything else, and winning any 1vs1 besides the listed matchups (rev, condi necro) is simply a matter of being faster and more on point then the enemy player. Fresh Air SF ele is LIFE, it is LOVE.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

We are talking about spvp and wvw. Your EU wvw is kitten come to NA. I still wvw solo roam everyday as core ele it’s fine but it’s more work. You play tempest if you want to heal a havoc and do no damage go ahead lol. WvW in EU is a cake walk….. your average players don’t even know what your doing. Go fight 1v6 and see how far you get with those builds hehe. Ele with only 350 healing power in NA you are dead if you (as in only you and on party members or other roamers) solo roam. Or
you can play Daredevil staff and DP semi cleric, pvt and cav with daredevil runes and you can face tank a zerg frontline and tag or dps people to death slowly lol. You can read that troll build on thief forum, no skill req. Core ele can face tank a zerg with cele, I do it all the time till a reaper sneeze on you! X.X

I have over 9003 hours acct wise since 3 day head start and my ele consist of 4903 hour. I used to spvp back in the day got my wing after season 2 and stop! Just wvw and pve. Hey Tempest was a must in raids and there is nothing wrong in pve. The issue is wvw or spvp you are so limited. There are no real issues in pve lol.

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

I have zero interest in solo roaming either. For me, the beauty of WvW is large-scale combat.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I have zero interest in solo roaming either. For me, the beauty of WvW is large-scale combat.

I actually like to do everything in wvw with the same back line staff build. For me it is part of wvw charm to have a bit of everything to offer for everyone.

If you aren’t afraid to die a lot, roaming solo with that build is very stimulating. You are holding your breath all the time knowing you can die in one or two shots from anything that can pop anywhere. Adrenaline rush guaranteed as well as a very good workout. And pretty much anything you manage to do successfully is very rewarding since the risks are so huge.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Feanor what server you play on? If you are on EU server, you guys are behind your average wvw is still 2 year behind and have not transformed into a condi bunker teams vs roamer. As I can see in ever euro video and you don’t spvp in NA again a large power difference you can ask CAKE WALK one of you very popular roamer/dueling EU guilds. If you play in NA and you fight MAG or Yak you can’t tempest fight alone. Ele roamers like Seven [Drgr] or Conleav as you can see in the vids online, yes go youtube "Guildwars 2 d/d ele roaming. Watch the enemy tags and how the fight builds and stats and you can see it’s EU. If you look at their builds they can easily be insta gibed in a 1v2. Mainstream wvw builds and players in EU are pve majority you can feel that.
So that’s why there is a large argument on these forums more that back in 2012-2014
You have pve vs fotm vs raids vs spvp and wvw

And now you have prespective from NA spvp and wvw vs EU spvp and wvw.

Very different. Gear specs and play style let alone builds.

Also roaming is alone…… if you have a friend not roaming or a party not roaming. Roaming was in NA when you go at it solo and fight 1v1 1v2 1v3 1v 6 1v20 and run into a tower since 20 is way too much don’t kitten 1v20.

It was us in NA playing like that which lead ele to be nerfed back in the day. However in reality all class can be played like that but other classes you can go for pure damage or condi and rather elected out of any investments in healing power.

So best to post in your tag what server or EU or NA before arguing you claims. And yes I look at vids then I go no that’s not the NA demographic of builds that vs eles or tempest no.

People if alone and not in a party for 2-3 or 4 will not fight an ele unless they have a viable build that can 1v1 them. Like Chrono condi hybrid with perm 15 stacks perplexity or torment on you every 15 -20 seconds interval you can’t win let alone if a meta condi reaper attacks you with a cc from a dp theif steal into 2 2 into a pistol 4. Come play on NA tell me what server you on better yet make a NA server acct come wvw with us or spare in guild.

This invitation is open to all eles everywhere especially EU eles in wvw or spvp that believe there are no difference in our wvw compared to yours or spvp.

*view picture if they us non meta build that can even harm an ele well you can 1v 2 no sweat like the pic posted below. Like I can defeat those players hands down. But those are unexperienced players, non core wvw roamers and you need coin to have nice gear status let alone the skill to play them.

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

(edited by Waisenpai.6028)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

I’ve always been Gandara. Again, I have zero interest in roaming. I like large-scale combats in WvW and that’s what I do.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

ProDecius.2609

Going to keep dreaming about meteor doing normal damage against siege in wvw again. sigh. . . .

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Going to keep dreaming about meteor doing normal damage against siege in wvw again. sigh. . . .

More to it then that even in wvw there are simply too many get in the way targets “pets” for ele to ever be comply effective. After the GoEP changes there no more icd per person something that ele NEEDS to makes its aoe attks viable. Ele is a class that is punished for trying to use its skills to there full effect. Ele is rewarded to using its aoe as a single target attk. If they keep this tread up ele will be unable to even auto attk in fear that it will trigger one of its icd or eat up a charge.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Feanor, why are you even commenting then and disagreeing with people who say ele is trash at roaming when you don’t even roam? You really are just trolling now. If you don’t roam, then you have zero right to talk about balance as far as roaming goes.

The opinions of someone who only zergs and plays pve has no meaning as far as small scale roaming goes. Its practically an entirely different game when you talk about the differences between roaming and zerging. Ele may be fine in pve against brainless AI, or in blobs against brainless players. But when skill actually matters against competent opponents, ele is terrible.

I feel like you’re arguing just for the sake of arguing now. The real life equivalent of what you’re doing would be like a garbageman busting into an operating room and telling a doctor he’s doing it wrong. Why even comment on something you dont know anything about?

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

People were saying ele is trash in WvW, and WvW does not equal roaming.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

PVE and wvw zerging can be done with any build, its irrelevant beyond being able to avoid being caught in the front line when outnumbered.

Roaming and spvp however does rely on a decent balance of defensive and offensive skills along with player skill to use this and ele fails. Ele is a profession that has no clear role or strength, its not even average at everything. An ele either has average burst but no defenses, or a defensive build and kitten poor damage, and its been like that for a long time now. Devs think things are ok because people can kitten dmg in a raid on a npc and they think this reflects the whole game (i’m guessing this since raids is the only place where Ele actually competes) They will push dedicated ele players away from the game with this attitude for sure, no player is going to put with with this kind of unrewarding design and raiding is not the Raison D’etre for GW2.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

You’re welcome to try raiding “with any build”.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

vesica tempestas.1563

Sorry when i say PVE i should have said typical GW2 PVE, not Raiding which is a niche. for a niche part of the game this should not be causing changes that are affecting the majority of the game elsewhere. (meteor change for example) spvp and any form of pvp that doesn’t involve blobbing is however the big problem for eles here. Dps rotation balance in a raid should not be a priority in this game.

Put it another way, Developers should be prioritizing the most popular forms of gameplay that has the biggest issues first.

but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

(edited by vesica tempestas.1563)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

PvE will always be a priority in this game. Get this already – it’s a PvE game. WvW and PvP are there, but the game was primarily designed as PvE and the majority of its players are PvE. Therefore, PvE will always be a consideration when making balance changes, so long as we don’t have a full skill split. Which we probably never will. And get this as well – as far as PvE balance goes, raids are the only place where builds can actually be measured for efficiency. Of course the balancing will be based around their performance there. What do you expect, balance around Queensdale heart completions?

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

PvE will always be a priority in this game. Get this already – it’s a PvE game. WvW and PvP are there, but the game was primarily designed as PvE and the majority of its players are PvE. Therefore, PvE will always be a consideration when making balance changes, so long as we don’t have a full skill split. Which we probably never will. And get this as well – as far as PvE balance goes, raids are the only place where builds can actually be measured for efficiency. Of course the balancing will be based around their performance there. What do you expect, balance around Queensdale heart completions?

Spvp and wvw builds effective and balance are way more importunate then raids pve. In raids pve most of the soft cc unblockable effects boon strip / corruption realty all the effects that have been put into the game as counter play to other classes are meaning less. And lets not get into the fact that they effectually added in the best raid gear in the game and are not looking to make new skins for that level of gear making raids HoT only.

What has happen is that Anet is trying to push the game that build for pvp into a very hard to fit pve raid balancing. Open world pve is where most of the players are playing but that still not balanced and never can be.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

vesica tempestas.1563

No-one was saying PVE isnt important for balance and pve is actually in a good place where you can literally play any build and have fun. The only PVE exception is raiding which is niche and has totally different goal than any part of the game – rotations on a boss and min maxing .

The balance issues affect spvp and wvw roaming. As 1 example, changing meteor for was a poor decision – it wasnt a priority issue, and worse the change was made to impact all areas of GW2 Ele meteor play, with a negative impact in areas (wvw in particular)

The balance focus should be about fixing the biggest issues that impacts the biggest amount of players, not some low hanging fruit to serve some perceived issue with a niche element of the game.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Spvp and wvw builds effective and balance are way more importunate then raids pve.

Depends on your own usage pattern, don’t you think? To me, spvp and roaming balance importance is zero. If you want to claim they are objectively more important, you’d need to prove they are being played by more players. Which you can’t do, as this type of information isn’t publicly available. Hence the claim would be essentially empty.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

Stupidest thing i’ve seen someone type on this forum thus far. Raids havent even been around for that long and are just a niche thing that only a fraction of the population from 1 single mode even participate in. This game has 3 different modes. Basing balance around raids would be the most idiotic thing they could possibly do. Pve should always be considered last as far as balance goes. Mobs behavior can easily be adjusted based on any balance changes made. Other players cant be adjusted in how they interact with eachother though. Pve balance should always be secondary to pvp related balance because of that fact.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

You’re just trying to reason your own subjectivity. PvP balance is irrelevant for PvE players, which are the majority.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

The majority of pve players dont even play raids. Balancing around them is stupid. And the reason why Anet failed at esports is because of their stupidity with balancing around raids, rather than pvp like they should have. Seriously how unbelievably stupid could they be to think they could have esports and NOT balance around pvp? “Lets balance around a small portion of pve players, then our pvp will be good! kitten ! DURRR!” Then ESL pulls out on them, who would have thought THAT would happen? I never would have expected that!

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

It doesn’t matter if the majority play raids or not. You cannot disregard them, because it will simply end up in really broken meta which will not be healthy for the game in general. By the way, a lot of players who do not play raids still follow the meta.

ESports is a different talk, but in general I’d say GW2 can’t really compete there. I don’t think you can have a game which features great PvE and PvP any more. The standards for PvP are just too high now, following the rise of the MOBAs. You need to be designing a PvP game to make it good enough to qualify for ESports. But it will be a different game altogether and it will either don’t have PvE at all or it will be a poor one. By the way this is why I think Blizzard backed off their intention to put PvP in Diablo 3. The game is just focused on PvE, just like GW2.

What I’m saying is basically “you won’t see PvP being the driving force behind balance changes because this won’t accomplish anything”. It won’t make PvP great, it will just spoil PvE. Which is where the majority of the players are. Remember, this isn’t about making “the perfect game”. It’s business.

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

e-sports comes from fun in playing pvp. For fun you need diversity. Diversity in game modes and builds and one base for diversity is balance (otherwise one build will rule = no diversity).

Anet why do you hate us?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Spvp and wvw builds effective and balance are way more importunate then raids pve.

Depends on your own usage pattern, don’t you think? To me, spvp and roaming balance importance is zero. If you want to claim they are objectively more important, you’d need to prove they are being played by more players. Which you can’t do, as this type of information isn’t publicly available. Hence the claim would be essentially empty.

GW2 for about 4 years of its 6 years history was a pvp aimed game its only with HoT did raids come in as well as important with pve balancing. Its not realty relevant what you think history shows that this game was made with pvp in mind and pve was more of an after though out side of story and showing off effects or art work.

And truth be told raids are going to die off now after HoT because the best gear in the game is from HoT raids. Even if they did add in gear progression with the next set of raids the best armor still going to be from HoT raids because as far as Anet has said legendary are always going to be the best gear.

So in a way Anet has only had a small time set of viable pve only aimed game play and they ended them self. So its still to even base balancing on pve for much longer or your going to be balancing the game arone a game type no one willing to put the time and work into because there is nothing new to get form it.

Spvp and wvw are the only game types that will last out of HoT and the next expansion as Anet has killed pve for a lot of players now. I comply reject your point of view and that is why.