Aquatic Benevolence - new grandmaster trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Seems really boring since there are already 2 support tactics in 30 water (both of which also seem a LOT better), so i dont know how this will help build diversity. A dps or debuff type trait would be nice so there is the option to run 30 water in a spec without being full bunker/support but hopefully the other new ones we get will be interesting.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

who in the world will ever equip a GRANDmaster trait which won’t give him/her aaaany benefit at all? o.O

Battle Presence says ‘hi’.

Pretend for just a moment where there are modes of play in this game where you can die, no matter how clever or hi-strung a dodge-monkey you are. Strong healing can make quite a difference there and this is surprisingly huge magnitude of buff in that field.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

“The elementalist is getting a variety of traits, ranging from damage and utility to survivability and support. The one we’ll introduce today is Aquatic Benevolence. This trait contains a new mechanic that will increase all healing to allies by a percentage without affecting the character doing the healing. Aquatic Benevolence has the highest of all outgoing healing effects currently in the game, sitting at a solid 25% healing power bonus when supporting allies.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/traits-unleashed-forty-new-traits-and-more/

It sound, meh, 25% more healing power to other people and exclude you from get that healing. Traits for other classes seems much better, except warrior. Hope others traits will be better

It might sound meh to you but I actually find it being pretty kitten scary. Well organized groups already heal for a lot already, an elementalist boosting their parties heal by 25% and guardians boosting everyones vit by 300? Are havoc groups going to become the new meta? Will there be a new havoc group that kills more people than SPCA ever could? 5 vs 40? lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

“The elementalist is getting a variety of traits, ranging from damage and utility to survivability and support. The one we’ll introduce today is Aquatic Benevolence. This trait contains a new mechanic that will increase all healing to allies by a percentage without affecting the character doing the healing. Aquatic Benevolence has the highest of all outgoing healing effects currently in the game, sitting at a solid 25% healing power bonus when supporting allies.”

It sound, meh, 25% more healing power to other people and exclude you from get that healing. Traits for other classes seems much better, except warrior. Hope others traits will be better

It might sound meh to you but I actually find it being pretty kitten scary. Well organized groups already heal for a lot already, an elementalist boosting their parties heal by 25% and guardians boosting everyones vit by 300? Are havoc groups going to become the new meta? Will there be a new havoc group that kills more people than SPCA ever could? 5 vs 40? lol

Read the notes again bud. Ele trait will only boost ele healing to allies. Guardian trait will only increase guardian vit.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Next

To attempt to clear up some confusion: all outgoing heals from the elementalist will be increased by 25% for all receiving allies. Your outgoing regeneration is increased, your healing skills, your evasive arcana, your water blast finishers, etc. The trait will be offering an option to directly support your allies in this fashion.
This is not a pulse or aura like Battle Presence that increases everyone’s healing power, this trait directly affects the elementalist’s healing effectiveness based on their current healing ability.
I hope this helps clarify a bit.

(edited by Karl McLain.5604)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

To attempt to clear up some confusion: all outgoing heals from the elementalist will be increased by 25% for all receiving allies. Your outgoing regeneration is increased, your healing skills, your evasive arcana, your water blast finishers, etc. The trait will be offering an option to directly support your allies in this fashion.
Rather than this being a pulse or aura like Battle Presence that increases everyone’s healing power, this trait directly affects the elementalist’s healing effectiveness based on their current healing ability.

Battle presence is more of a reg effect but i get what your saying. What is confusing ppl i think is that seem to think that its just a +25% to your healing power is it that way or is it +25% to healing effects say your evasive arcana healed for 1k before but after will it heal for 1250 hp? (sry examples tend to be the best way to explain these things to ppl.)

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Yup! If your evasive arcana heals you for 1000 health, it will heal allies for 1250.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Rather than this being a pulse or aura like Battle Presence that increases everyone’s healing power, this trait directly affects the elementalist’s healing effectiveness based on their current healing ability.

Sorry for the negativity Carl and thx for coming here to clarify some things, BUT! won’t this way makes the trait a little useless?? Who in their right mind would even consider picking it up?

For example lets say you heal for 2k, 25% increase its 500 health, most heals have high cooldowns and we have 4 heals at most so this way we can have a free heal out of four, is this so worthy??

sorry for my english.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Thanks for clarification. Still not even close to worth being a gm trait. The ele just simply doen’t have any big ally heals. Water fields tick for very minimum. 25% more won’t matter to something that ticks for like 120 a tick. Evasive arcana doesn’t heal that much either so 25% more wont matter much and it requires you to be right next to your allies for them to get any healing. Ele are backliners that aren’t near the allies that need healing except on a reroup where they toss down water fields FOR ALLIES TO BLAST THEMSELEVES NOT ELE. As for regen ele has one skill that gives allies regen to benefit from this trait healing rain. Unless there are some big changes in the balancing patch giving the ele worthwhile healing this trait is just plain awful.

(edited by Chuck Zitto.2367)

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Yup! If your evasive arcana heals you for 1000 health, it will heal allies for 1250.

Thank you very much this clears up every thing. Sry for the bad spelling / grammar.

Thanks for clarification. Still not even close to worth being a gm trait. The ele just simply doen’t have any big ally heals. Water fields tick for very minimum. 25% more won’t matter to something that ticks for like 120 a tick. Evasive arcana doesn’t heal that much either so 25% more wont matter much and it requires you to be right next to your allies for them to get any healing. Ele are backliners that aren’t near the allies that need healing except on a reroup where they toss down water fields FOR ALLIES TO BLAST THEMSELEVES NOT ELE. As for regen ele has one skill that gives allies regen to benefit from this trait healing rain. Unless there are some big changes in the balancing patch giving the ele worthwhile healing this trait is just plain awful.

I do not know if you think about it say for a staff ele what are you giving up to get 25% to your healing effects? You losing the ability to share one aura (a good one but just for one ability dose not seem worth it) Your also losing the ability to remove condition from your self and ppl who get hit by your reg but ele has a very low number of reg effects for your team 3 from water 5 1 from switching to water if your good you can get a few more with earth 1 though your water fields but that a bit of a pain to pull off (so its better for self condition remove but not so good team condition removal). It seems to me like an all in support your team trait over keeping your self alive.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQFAWhMMaZ25wwBr0AA5hLmAwoQIlHxsjNA-z0BBYjAEBAZnCiJqKrVNFRjVVjIqWXDjUAjqMC-w
This is on the lines what i am thinking for an support dmg ele build with the new trait. It has 4 main healing skills and 2 blast finishers so 6 in all (mind you one of the roll heal you need to be close to make it land and one of the blast earth 2 is not going to be an easy thing to pull off). Just add +25% to all the healing effects (the blast is (1320
.2 * healing power) as for the other healing effects you can just bluntly put +25% added on them.

As for the all in healing ele builds i think you need to think of this trait on the lines of added a .25 modifier to all your healing ability after healing power is added. It seems like a very powerful pure support trait.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQFAWhMMaZ25wwBr0AA5hLmAwoQIlH7MjNA-zkBBIiAE1AZpFRjt6qIasqZER16kYkCwphRA-w
I think is the max healing you can get as an ele.

The underlined should not be there i cant work out what i did wrong.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Elementalist

Grimreaper.5370

Read the notes again bud. Ele trait will only boost ele healing to allies. Guardian trait will only increase guardian vit.

Ok I thought the guardian change was for the entire group but I suppose I was wrong, but I understand how that heal is supposed to function (At least I believe I do). Havoc groups man, HAVOC, GROUPS. You can not deny that healing power for a good group will be nuts with this Ele trait. I’m concerned about never being able to kill anyone in a well played group with this trait. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Grimreaper.5370

This is not a pulse or aura like Battle Presence that increases everyone’s healing power, this trait directly affects the elementalist’s healing effectiveness based on their current healing ability.

Ohhhhh, okay. That makes much more sense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

It is little better that is 25% more healing, not just healing power. Still think it wouldn’t be to strong that 25% include elementalist too, not just your allies. But maybe other changes are so good so with that we would be OP

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

The max healing I got was 2000. Your water auto will heal for 1000 blasts close to 4000. Insane regen. You could be this games first dedicated healer (having a large upkeep of protection would prob be worth sacraficing 150 healing power

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQFAWnMISLD25AGOAdEGAIPgxEAGFCp8InZsB-zUCB4hAUDAJpDZNLNi1OBpAKsVXRTNjIqWnELAwBAHfcjbcpAcaZE-w

This should keep you pretty safe with 9 s protection every time you switch to earth. Switch out heal as needed.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

The max healing I got was 2000. Your water auto will heal for 1000 blasts close to 4000. Insane regen. You could be this games first dedicated healer (having a large upkeep of protection would prob be worth sacraficing 150 healing power

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQFAWnMISLD25AGOAdEGAIPgxEAGFCp8InZsB-zUCB4hAUDAJpDZNLNi1OBpAKsVXRTNjIqWnELAwBAHfcjbcpAcaZE-w

This should keep you pretty safe with 9 s protection every time you switch to earth. Switch out heal as needed.

I see i did not think about using the healing on kill effect to get stacks. I think say water or of the mnk is going to get a nice boot in how much alone they give boon duration but i think the early boon duration say only 2 runes is going to be weaker so maybe going all in on a protection only for max protection duration or going all in for water for not as much but still very high with good healing power and an added heal when you use your healing skill. But dam that a lot of healing in a very organized group i cant see how melee will ever die in any setting with water 1 spam.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Since healing is not a role in this game, and since dps and active defenses are the best way to support people, I’m confused as to why this trait is going to exist.

Healing to allies being 25% more effective only makes healing 20% more effective in a group of 5 players. Since healing is so weak, why would this trait be used?

It would only be used by players that want to take on a healing role, but that role isn’t viable, and ANet doesn’t want the role to be viable, so why incentivize players to do something you don’t want them to do at cost of being less effective at things you do want them to do?

I feel like this trait is going to be another Diamond Skin scenario, where it’s in game, there’s excitment about it, but people will quickly realize it’s extremely ineffective in combat.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

It is PVE skill but funnily no dungeon group wants a Support member.

Not Full Zerker = Kick

Support is needed in Zerg content.

In Zerg content they need our water field and how much your are healed from water blast, is completely dependant on healing power of the person who is blasting the field.

so no, this trait has no effect in Zerg content.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Thx Carl for clarification. So what is the reasoning behind leaving the ele-self out of this healing.? You can clearly see this trait has no use in solo pve. I mean what is the motivation creating more underwhelming and stiuational traits and make them grandmaster.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

If they guarantee that dungeon groups will not only ask about Zerkers but accept also Support guys, I will not say anything about this trait.

But only changing Critical Damage to Ferocity will not do this, in Dungeons nobody needs healers because mechanics are mostly one shot hits, if you know the hit is coming and you dodge it, you don’t need heals.

What they have to do to put constant small damage to the instances so your 2 dodge will not completely negate the damage and you will need a healer/support guy.

Think about the knights in Battle of Lion Arch, if you dodge when the circle disappears why do you need a healer.

What I really hate, I really like support role, I played a lot healer in other MMOs but if I want to play a dungeon GW2 I have to get all the damage modifier traits and a Lightning Hammer otherwise nobody will get me to the team.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Since healing is not a role in this game, and since dps and active defenses are the best way to support people, I’m confused as to why this trait is going to exist.

You serious? I assume this trait will be awesome in WvW team fights.

So what is the reasoning behind leaving the ele-self out of this healing.?

My guess: This trait is explicitly intended for the role as a group supporter, and not for self-sustain. Much like the guardians pre-release F1-F3 mechanic had been, before it was watered down.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

How so? The difference is that the red bars of 5 players move up 25% more, all that means is that healing is marginally more effective. Given where healing effectiveness is at now, does 25% suddenly make healing a viable role?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

How so? The difference is that the red bars of 5 players move up 25% more, all that means is that healing is marginally more effective. Given where healing effectiveness is at now, does 25% suddenly make healing a viable role?

It doesn’t; if I’m on the other end of that fight with my ele dropping 8K meteors on their heads, that healing means nothing. Likewise, I will not be taking this trait, especially if our fire GM trait allows us to somehow dish out more damage.

I imagine their thinking is centered around small team fights where geyser might actually be decent. Then again, how exactly is this trait going to help when I’m dropping 8K meteors on you?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

This has little/no application in wvw or spvp.

PvE trait. I really hope this wasn’t part of the ‘counter-condi meta’ we were promised. Because it really doesn’t do any of those things.

On the plus side—it’s just a lackluster water trait. If it was strong i might have been more upset given that 30 water is pretty much a given in its current state… another strong grandmaster trait for water would just be silly

How in the heck is this a PvE trait? O.o

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

So what is the reasoning behind leaving the ele-self out of this healing.?

My guess: This trait is explicitly intended for the role as a group supporter, and not for self-sustain. Much like the guardians pre-release F1-F3 mechanic had been, before it was watered down.

~MRA

People blasting water fields are the main source of healing in WvW, and this trait does nothing to boost this, outside of eles blasting their own fields.

Also, why did you sign your name? Do you think people are too stupid to see who posted?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Well this trait seems to be good for pvp or wvw types. In pve not so much. A cleric elementalist will be able to more healing for pvp group play.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Elementalist

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

i just dont like it, anyway im not healer or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

What will it be replacing you think? Auras? Perhaps Grandmaster minor…

in Elementalist

Posted by: zitounae.4803

zitounae.4803

Pushing eles to support healer in a game where holly trinity isnt supposed to be. That new trait is a kitten good improvement right? spvp and wvw wised i just see another reason for peeps to hit that squishy ele first.

I ran into a VERY strong staff Elem earlier on live and was excited to see it -time4nerf-

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

So ele issue is surviving…
Thus we should take a trait that removes one of our best survival traits in order to heal allies?

Doesn t make much sense as a grandmaster trait….i wouldn’t even consider it at master possibly….

Btw i will never be a healing bot…i d rather stop playing i already had to leave some guild raids due to the fact i was demanded to play staff or leave….

No ty…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

With the clarification,i think its going to be nice for WvW.Say a guild runs with 3 staff/support elementalists(0/0/10/30/30) full cleric/magi with stacks etc…at least 1 or even 2 can get this trait.Can make good “on the go” heals when you pass through that zerg.Also do not forget that you can have 4 blast finishers with staff so the healing in regroups or even mid-fight can be good + Energy sigils on staff will buff the waterbot builds(all builds really) even more.

I have never tried cleric armor on my ele besides cleric trinkets.Tempted to buy them now just for the fun of it.

To all who is saying there is no healer in GW2.I guess you haven’t played Mace/Shield/Staff full cleric guardian(2k healingpower).Its almost the same thing as the build that everyone is theorycrafting in this thread.The Guards heal is huge and can keep up a melee party up very easily even in outmaned situations.No dmg,just heal,with cleanses.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

Karl McLain, how this trait will work with sigil/rune/food? Will it affect them?

Anyway now we have one more healer. great trait for pvp/wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sutek.3189

Sutek.3189

Just useless new trait in water. Ele does not need any more support. We need survability or heal that helps us to stay alive. Passive hitpoints would have been great or blast finisher heal on self +50% or something. We have poor lifespan in pvp, wvw and in pve (heal agro allready kills us on pve combined with area dps).

in Elementalist

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I hope it does effect sigils/runes/traits also, not just skills.
Just few numbers in WvW with cleric set ( to party members) :

Water arrow : 1335hp
Cleansing wawe : 3940hp
Attunement switch water : Healing ripple 3940hp + shooting mist 215hp/s +regen 451hp/s + sigil of renewal 700hp = 5.3k hp istant + the restant regen

This is pretty crazy heal I really think healer will be a reality more than ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

I’m not going to lie, I love the healer role. I always have and always will but I do have my reservations about this trait. Like people have mentioned, a dedicated healer is not needed In PvE (currently, you never know if new mechanics will change that). Anet themselves said, they do not want a healer.

Am I excited for this trait? Yeah I am, It appeals to me but do I think It’s going to change the meta? No, not by It’s self which makes It unusable in any PvE situation.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

This trait could actually be excellent in the new pvp mode that has been announced.

If the gamemode is deathmatch or CTF it could work really well

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I re-read and so it doesnt affect the healing that other ppl is blasting your water fields? Ah cmon guys. Think simple please.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

This is just the first of many traits that we’ll be revealing. Tune into Ready Up tomorrow (http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2) for more information on what’s coming!
We’ll be talking about all of the new elementalist traits, one of them in particular being ‘Stone Heart’.
See you there,
-Karl

It’s the elementalist version of that Guardian trait that pops a bunch of vit but on the earth tree isn’t filterspace it?
Oh please let me be wrong.

50% condition damage converted to toughness is my guess.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

For anyone who thinks this will be even passable in wvw:

If you go staff most of your healing skills have low coefficients for healing power and most healing comes from your team blasting the fields.

If you go s/d (has most direct healing out of all sets), you can do respectable 1.5 to 1.7k healing per second if you have full healing power (abokittenely maxed, life stacks and all).
The thing is that a guardian who just slotted tome of courage outheals you with 0 additional investment.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

With the clarification,i think its going to be nice for WvW.Say a guild runs with 3 staff/support elementalists(0/0/10/30/30) full cleric/magi with stacks etc…at least 1 or even 2 can get this trait.Can make good “on the go” heals when you pass through that zerg.Also do not forget that you can have 4 blast finishers with staff so the healing in regroups or even mid-fight can be good + Energy sigils on staff will buff the waterbot builds(all builds really) even more.

I have never tried cleric armor on my ele besides cleric trinkets.Tempted to buy them now just for the fun of it.

To all who is saying there is no healer in GW2.I guess you haven’t played Mace/Shield/Staff full cleric guardian(2k healingpower).Its almost the same thing as the build that everyone is theorycrafting in this thread.The Guards heal is huge and can keep up a melee party up very easily even in outmaned situations.No dmg,just heal,with cleanses.

Yeah we know Guardian build and we also know that he will be kicked from dungeon runs because of no damage element.

And in Zerg environment what will keep you alive is 15 guardians blasting water fields not my %25 healing increase.

(edited by posthumecaver.6473)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Have it also affect self healing, and have it cause Water fields to last 2 secs longer, THEN we might have something.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chris.4670

Chris.4670

I’m playing on water, but not as a healer just because i like this element in general and i don’t even use water 30 so this trait is just uninteresting for me.
If it would give me the extra abilty that my healing skills also damage the enemy THEN i would think about it, but somehow i need damage, because i got enough heal and water has no condition, that means i use fire and air traits, now waiting what trait will come there.
Don’t care about my play style, i have fun with it and thats what a game should be right?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

No one will ever take an elementalist as supporter into dungeons because the classes support capabilites are much less effective than what guardians have. For example, eles dont provide stability for the group. So in terms of dungeon runs, this trait is completely useless. And in open world, staff eles should do damage instead of healing. So I don’t see why this trait would be of any use, unless they increased the amount of healing in some tremendous way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Have it also affect self healing, and have it cause Water fields to last 2 secs longer, THEN we might have something.

That at least sounds useful.

Most of the healing in my WvW guild raids comes from blasting water fields — that’s everyone blasting, not just the ele. I happen to slot two blast finishers myself, but that’s a small part of the total blasting that’s occurring. This skill doesn’t improve the blasts executed by my team mates. If it did, then it would be very useful in WvW raids.

The other heals (staff water 3, regeneration, attunement switching) will be 25% better but it’s not game changing. I doubt anyone would notice tbh.

Seriously if you want Healz to be a viable role you need to revamp combat so there’s lots of damage flying around — not giant, slow spikes that a monkey can dodge — and if you don’t dodge it, it kills you so healing is no good anyway.

I don’t see anyone taking this trait because:

1. It competes with two very good GM traits in water
2. It doesn’t work solo
3. Little impact in WvW Raid situations
4. GW2 combat is not designed to support a dedicated healer

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Yeah we know Guardian build and we also know that he will be kicked from dungeon runs because of no damage element.

And in Zerg environment what will keep you alive is 15 guardians blasting water fields not my %25 healing increase.

I am not talking about PvE enviroment.Maybe in fractals though,it can be applycable.
It can very well work in WvW,think of the dodges in EA the big waters on the go, the autoattack in water.And not only with staff,even D/D can benefit from this due to the larger vigor uptime,more dodges more heals,cleansing wave.

Healing Guardians if played right allow for greater diversity in organised play because other classes can focus on more dmg.But that is organised group play.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

No one will ever take an elementalist as supporter into dungeons because the classes support capabilites are much less effective than what guardians have. For example, eles dont provide stability for the group. So in terms of dungeon runs, this trait is completely useless. And in open world, staff eles should do damage instead of healing. So I don’t see why this trait would be of any use, unless they increased the amount of healing in some tremendous way.

I’d argue that Staff Ele is the best support in the game, as well as the best CC. Rock Solid provides 2+ seconds of stability every 10 seconds. That’s a pretty high up-time.

Toss in water fields, condition clears, regeneration, self-blasts, protection, aura-sharing and the Ele is definitely on top imho.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Stone Heart
I have a gut feeling it has something to do with a certain condition.. Poison? Immunity to poison somehow?

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Toss in water fields, condition clears, regeneration, self-blasts, protection, aura-sharing and the Ele is definitely on top imho.

That doesn’t even work in theory. Tell me how to toss in water fields and share auras at the same time. It’s useless to mention a list of features that will never be accessable in the same build.

Besides, if staff ele was the best support in the game, why is the support class in 95% of all groups a guardian? Because no one knows about it? I dont think so. And if you talk about open world, regeneration, water fields and self blasts are something that a full zerker staff ele already has. Some protection, 2 seconds of stability and 1 more condition clear is not worth to go full healing at all, which would be the only reason to make this trait we’re talking about useful.

(edited by cursE.1794)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jeliel.8372

Jeliel.8372

This will probably help build diversity, not forcing eles to go deep Water and Arcana… oh wait…

Jeliel Firestorm – VII Guild – Aurora Glade
http://www.youtube.com/user/VIIguild
http://www.seventhlegion.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

This will probably help build diversity, not forcing eles to go deep Water and Arcana… oh wait…

Don’t worry we still have EA as adept trait so we don’t have to go deep into arcana anymore as anet suggested and it promotes build div— hey wait. . . well. They tried their best.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

People are being melodramatic here.

Let’s not forget that it’s difficult, if not impossible, to truly measure the value of any single change/addition without looking at the larger picture. Until we have more information (especially regarding changes to other professions, not just our own), speculating on the future state of eles is pointless.

I could see this being particularly useful in WvW (or GvG, if you’re into that), but reserve judgment until we know more.