[BW3] Feedback Thread

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

…for all your get in there and stay in there (and blow them up!) needs…

SUPERIOR RUNES OF THE TEMPEST

(1) +25 Toughness
(2) -25% Incoming Cripple Duration
(3) +50 Toughness
(4) +15% aura duration
(5) +100 Toughness
(6) When you activate a shout skill, you gain aegis for 8 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)

((suggestion for new profession-complimentary runes for HoT))

Attachments:

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Better :-).

Superior rune of the witch:

1.) +25 condition damage
2.) +10%condition duration
3.) +50 condition damage
4.) + 20% Aura duration
5.) +100 condition damage
6.) Auras aplied to you remove a condition.

Good one fitting Tempest:

Superior rune of the apothecary:

1.) +25 healing power
2.) +35 condition damage
3.) +50 healing power
4.) + 65 condition damage
5.) +100 healing power
6.) Auras you apply remove a condition.

Another great one:

Superior rune of the warlock:

1.) +25 condition damage
2.) 25% chance when stuck to steal life (25s CD)
3.) +50 condition damage
4.) +20% Aura duration
6.) +25% Movement speed, +10% condition duration

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Nike.2631

Superior rune of the witch:

1.) +25 condition damage
2.) +10%condition duration
3.) +50 condition damage
4.) + 20% Aura duration
6.) Auras aplied to you remove a condition.

Rules are clear the number 2 slot only gives +5% condition duration (Lyssa, Mad King, Lich).

6 needs an internal cooldown and to matching existing text on Rune of radiance should read~

(6) When you receive an aura, you remove a condition (cooldown 5 seconds)

Otherwise I like it a lot .

(1) +25 Condition Damage
(2) +5% Condition Duration
(3) +50 Condition Damage
(4) + 20% Aura Duration
(5) +100 Condition Damage

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

merge maybe

(1) +25 Condition Damage
(2) 25% chance when stuck to steal life (25s CD)
(3) +50 Condition Damage
(4) +10% Condition Duration

This loks like one great condi rune.

But any version is great. the apothecary looks best fiting tempest but healing is often meh … It would be a rune not feeling good. I guess soldiers would win over it.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Tempest being good or not should have nothing to do with ppl playing ele or not.

First, I said it is garbage. It isn’t garbage just because it sucks, it is garbage because the very premise behind tempest goes against the grain of how an ele is actually played. It is also garbage because it is not fun to play in WvW or sPvP.

Sorry, but if I class isn’t fun to play, has no role it excels in, is mechanically unsound, and under performs ….people are going to move on to something else. The fact is, they will be unless something changes.

Then why did you main ele in the first places? I am less talking about tempest and more about ele you seem to think tempest should add something to ele but it simply cant becuse it IS a different class. If you do not like tempest that ok but to take it out on ele as you are seems wrong.

merge maybe

(1) +25 Condition Damage
(2) 25% chance when stuck to steal life (25s CD)
(3) +50 Condition Damage
(4) +10% Condition Duration

This loks like one great condi rune.

But any version is great. the apothecary looks best fiting tempest but healing is often meh … It would be a rune not feeling good. I guess soldiers would win over it.

For as fast as you can apply auras i think 5 sec may be too long of an icd. Look at the shout runes they have no icd for there effect. You must make aura condition removal at least near the same level as the shout runs.

I like to see a rune set that gives you + when your under the effect of an aura much like runes of str gives you higher dmg when under the effect of might.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Nike.2631

For as fast as you can apply auras i think 5 sec may be too long of an icd. Look at the shout runes they have no icd for there effect. You must make aura condition removal at least near the same level as the shout runs.

I like to see a rune set that gives you + when your under the effect of an aura much like runes of str gives you higher dmg when under the effect of might.

Shouts have substantial cooldowns built in so the secondary effect doesn’t need an ICD nearly as much. As you say, auras can come much faster and that’s why an ICD is needed to restrain it’s effect.

‘While you have an aura’ is an interesting trigger.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Shouts have substantial cooldowns built in so the secondary effect doesn’t need an ICD nearly as much. As you say, auras can come much faster and that’s why an ICD is needed to restrain it’s effect.

‘While you have an aura’ is an interesting trigger.

I guess just 5 sec seems a bit long for 1 conditions.
Any though on when under an aura effect rune set?

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

(1) +25 Toughness
(3) +50 Toughness
(4) +15% aura duration
(5) +100 Toughness
(6) When you activate a shout skill, you gain aegis for 8 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)

Will it retain the 2-3 seconds delay to gain the aegis after the shout?
Why did you decide to base a rune on easily one of the worst rune set possible?

Alerie Despins

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Nike.2631

Because with the constant complaints of channeling Overload being too risky and its inherent vulnerability to not being able to get into place or survive being there, a rune set that gave tempest a way to pop Aegis before overloading, mitigate cripple and raw damage, and do a little more with auras seemed like a nice combination of effects complimenting Tempest needs and within budget for runes.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Rune of Elemental Armor
(1) +25 Toughness
(2) +10% Retaliation Duration
(3) +50 Toughness
(4) 50% chance to gain retaliation for 5 seconds when struck while you have an aura (10 sec cooldown)
(5) +100 Toughness
(6) Convert 7% Power to Toughness; Apply weakness for 3 seconds when struck while you have an aura (10 sec cooldown per target)

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

Few simple changes to help fix the overload risk -

1. Move the aura generation to the start of the overload
2. Move the ‘protection on aura’ trait from earth to tempest (pleeease)
3. 1-2 stacks of stability as a minor trait.

Extremely unlikely but potentially interesting GM-level traits:

1. Dodging won’t cancel overload
2. Your overload cannot be interrupted, but you take x% more damage while overloading

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

(1) +25 Toughness
(3) +50 Toughness
(4) +15% aura duration
(5) +100 Toughness

That is a pretty horrible rune set.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Nike.2631

(1) +25 Toughness
(3) +50 Toughness
(4) +15% aura duration
(5) +100 Toughness

Why? One of the biggest complaints about overloading is its too dangerous to use it on a squishy light armor class.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

I am new to the Ele forum mostly Guardian for me but this is my second.

Why would you design a rune set on auras removing conditions when tempest auras are coming from shouts which already have a rune set which removes conditions.

I understand that you would like to have condition removal on weapon skills, utilities, and profession mechanics all from one rune set but are you not being a bit greedy?

Jski you want it to be “at least near the same level as the shout rune” but are actually asking for probably 3 times more condition removal. Especially when you are saying a cool down would be counter productive since you have so much access to auras.

How about:
Gain stability when channeling a skill with greater than 3 second cast time.

Synergise get with the overload instead of auras (feels like auras have enough already for a one profession mechanic) and instead this leaves the rune open for other classes to choose also. For example guardians using the full heal signet. And since there is already a ridiculously heavy aura based rune set Rune of Radiance change the aura duration to something else. They have such tiny durations 15% is probably only half a second anyway.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Axialbloom.8109

(1) +25 Toughness
(3) +50 Toughness
(4) +15% aura duration
(5) +100 Toughness

Why? One of the biggest complaints about overloading is its too dangerous to use it on a squishy light armor class.

You have made a weak shout set, not an overload set.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

(1) +25 Toughness
(3) +50 Toughness
(4) +15% aura duration
(5) +100 Toughness

He just made one of the weakest rune set in the game.

Alerie Despins

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

(1) +25 Toughness
(3) +50 Toughness
(4) +15% aura duration
(5) +100 Toughness

-25% cripple seems fairly pointless, as well as 15% aura. Auras themselves aren’t even that good (except earth aura) – the main benefit of them are the additional effects that proc on application.

Additionally, the overload trait for auras on overload application are for 5s auras. 15% of that is less than 1 extra second.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: GLOR.2489

GLOR.2489

I think that tempest traits and overloads systems are cool and should saty like it is for a moment before starting touching it. On my point of view, what is wrong is the war horn, anet should change somme skills to offer us something more that only team support.

Ps: Karl, thnx for the awesome stab trait, and for the awesome air overload, it’s really a funny and skilled gameplay ! : D

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Nike.2631

Looking at existing rune effects, what would you suggest as being “Overload-y”?

Given Elementalist’s basically non-existant access to Aegis, that seemed like a nice addition to the toolbox and a good solution to being more reliably able to execute an overload in hostile circumstances without stepping on the toes of the stability-while-overloading trait.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Axialbloom.8109

Looking at existing rune effects, what would you suggest as being “Overload-y”?

Given Elementalist’s basically non-existant access to Aegis, that seemed like a nice addition to the toolbox and a good solution to being more reliably able to execute an overload in hostile circumstances without stepping on the toes of the stability-while-overloading trait.

Every Tempest will have overloads. Not every Tempest will have shouts or even auras. So you should link Aegis to overloading.

Toughness is good, but you might need a damage increase somewhere as well.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Nike.2631

Every Tempest will have overloads. Not every Tempest will have shouts or even auras. So you should link Aegis to overloading.

Except it’s NOT following the pattern of existing runes to make sets that are unusable for all but one profession .

Toughness is good, but you might need a damage increase somewhere as well.

The aura duration on slot four is made up. It’s the first thing I’d drop making edits. Direct damage buffs are kind of my choice of last resort. Though with the 1/3/5 being Toughness I’m less reluctant than on Runes that have an offensive stat for their core.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Axialbloom.8109

An aura shout set can only have one potential user, though. You could drop the aura part and focus on the shouts, I guess.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

(1) +25 Toughness
(3) +50 Toughness
(4) +15% aura duration
(5) +100 Toughness

-25% cripple seems fairly pointless, as well as 15% aura. Auras themselves aren’t even that good (except earth aura) – the main benefit of them are the additional effects that proc on application.

Additionally, the overload trait for auras on overload application are for 5s auras. 15% of that is less than 1 extra second.

It does make me chuckle seeing the aura duration extension ideas. It’s not a good bonus unless its the 6slot bonus. But that said, why increase the duration of them? Why not trigger effects on application or create a trigger window instead? I see theres a fixation on making auras last longer but we really need improvements to aura potency. It could be a rune set or a trait or even a skill.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

Except it’s NOT following the pattern of existing runes to make sets that are unusable for all but one profession .

As I suggested earlier a trigger which says:
Do X when channeling a skill with greater than S second cast time.

This rune would then work for every overload, Meteor Shower and even sceptre air 1 which could be an interesting addition to Fresh Air builds (but they need dps stats)

My recommendation was Stability on greater than 3 seconds 10 second cool down.
I know that is similar to the trait but gives you the option of taking trait, rune or both for double stability. Maybe can give Aegis as you suggest but that is so much less dependable.

And leaves it open for other uses even by other specs for skills that historically got interrupt countered such as the Guardian Full Heal Signet. Perhaps greater than 2 seconds would make this more interesting but then it also open up the floodgates to Rapid Fire by Ranger, and many heal skills such as Ether Renewal, etc. Who knows seems like a fun challenge to balance.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

An aura shout set can only have one potential user, though. You could drop the aura part and focus on the shouts, I guess.

The trick is that the auras are build in aoe with shouts and tempest over all (sadly the overload auras are not aoe they realy should be.) What this lets the tempest do is not go down water line for aoe auras but still keep good aura support though boons and healing auras. Tempest can have up to 6 aoe auras 1 passive (2 different passive but not at the same time) 1 wepon wh and 4 shouts (odds are only 3 shout aura will be used at most no one realy likes the earth though and its good to run LF or AoE on tempest as needed).

Adding aoe auras to finnishing overloads would be nice i think it would add a lot to tempest and this type of “water free” play.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ixeya.7083

Ixeya.7083

Seems to always use the same elements, needs something new and unique.

Arcane Aura: “New aura”, punish the enemy skill cooldown who hit you, and your attacks are critical. Active by “Rebound” Elite skill and “Arcane (Elemental) Bastion” trait.

Lighting Orb (5 Horn, Air): This skill really need be awesome and fast, Missile launch remove,
Changes: Whirl finisher, Pulses: 7 or more, Radius: 170, Range: 1200, Vulnerability optional. Some Manga references.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I guess we are not receiving the Tempest changes before the release.
This is just my complete opinion on tempest as it is now since BW3, it is my last wall of text on the topic:

I will start by acknowledging that there has been a few good improvements since BW1 but still, it should have improved much more.

First thing first, Warhorn :
The only way I could have imagined it working was for it to do large ranged AoE skills or fast mobility-oriented skills. As it is currently I just don’t think it works:

On a class with the least hp and armor, designing a melee weapon with no evade, leap, blocks, invul, cleanse and reflect is just a bad idea. Mobility is the only thing that keeps an ele alive, and there is zero improvements there. Why are heavier classes getting more mobility and damage negation? It makes no sense from a balance perspective.

We doubt at first that a Warhorn will never be as interesting as a sword and it disappoints me to see that we just had the demonstration of that. If at the very least Tempest would increase the potency and range of Scepter or if we gained weapon swap [on some balanced cd] then perhaps Warhorn could serve a purpose.
I don’t see why someone would equip it just to share boons. It worries me to see the best skill is the one we prevented the nerf and that the only blast is the one we asked for.

Generally
In general the rest is “alright” but I wouldn’t qualify it as great, it’s only “ok”:
It is not a number issue as others have mentioned:
Barely any of the new skills can be chained together, there is no mobility skills or high damage burst/combos that would make the combat energetic. Even the overload rewards you by locking and slowing you down. In competitive modes every classes will wreck Tempest eles as soon as they start overloading. There is very little synergy between Tempest and the other trait lines.

Overloads
The overloads are the second problem after warhorn, without a huge aoe damage burst at the end they’re will never be any point using them beside for buffing might in fire. Air is the only one that does damage high enough not to be ignored by your opponent.

1 stack of stability is better than nothing, but it isn’t enough and we shouldn’t have to explain why. Have you tested dueling mesmers or necros with tempest?

Finally, verdict
Contrary to the rest of the expansion which is showcasing amazing guild halls and PvE zones, unique professions (Chronomancer, Druid, Herald) Tempest looks rushed:
It lacks new things (no new boons, no new condition, no new gameplay effects), it has recycled auras, recycled might from fire line, recycled animations, barely finished trait line, unfinished second try at an elite skill, etc.

Even during the course of 3 beta tests the improvements have been minimal therefore not really satisfying. I understand you may not have had the time necessary available to make an elite professions as compelling as the Druid (which is even getting new pets) but some of the stuff is really questionable:

Example:
Why does Lightning orb go through stairs in Stonemist Castle instead of going up toward my target as the ground arrow-target indicates?

Why does changing attunements while overloading cancels the overload?

Why is all the Warhorn skills damage so low even with full zerk gear?

Why must I camp an attunement for 5 seconds if after 2 seconds all my skills have been used and all I can do is wait/auto-attack?

Why are the Warhorn and Shouts skill cooldown so high?

Anyway I’m still really looking forward still to see the final changes and I hope to be pleasantly surprised. See you Thursday really late.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shuai.7435

Shuai.7435

Why does Lightning orb go through stairs in Stonemist Castle instead of going up toward my target as the ground arrow-target indicates?

This is because the Lightning Orb spell uses the same projectile mechanic as Vapor Blade which traces the ground surface, while targeting telegraphs always apply to the texture on the structure in their dedicated direction.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

Rune of Mitigation
(1) +25 Healing Power
(2) +10% Protection Duration
(3) +50 Healing Power
(4) 50% chance to apply weakness for 5 seconds when struck while you have an aura (10 sec cooldown)
(5) +100 Healing Power
(6) Gain a random aura every 35 seconds while in combat

what you guys think?

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Rune of Mitigation
(1) +25 Healing Power
(3) +50 Healing Power
(4) 50% chance to apply weakness for 5 seconds when struck while you have an aura (10 sec cooldown)
(5) +100 Healing Power

what you guys think?

Interesting.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Rune of Mitigation
(1) +25 Healing Power
(3) +50 Healing Power
(5) +100 Healing Power

what you guys think?

Very interesting, not too strong, but not too weak. I think #2 should be 10% boons duration though.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Rune of Mitigation
(1) +25 Healing Power
(3) +50 Healing Power
(5) +100 Healing Power

what you guys think?

It is a potentially good rune set for the tempest. However, I can’t help but smile at the random aura granted every 35 seconds. It’s an RNG effect that has a chance to land a double RNG effect (chaos armor). Nice RNG-ception

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Nike.2631

Very interesting, not too strong, but not too weak. I think #2 should be 10% boons duration though.

Existing runes disagree. (2) is only 5% if it’s all boons.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Rune of Mitigation
(1) +25 Healing Power
(3) +50 Healing Power
(5) +100 Healing Power

what you guys think?

It is a potentially good rune set for the tempest. However, I can’t help but smile at the random aura granted every 35 seconds. It’s an RNG effect that has a chance to land a double RNG effect (chaos armor). Nice RNG-ception

Chaos armor could see change to be aura.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Rune of Mitigation
(1) +25 Healing Power
(3) +50 Healing Power
(5) +100 Healing Power

what you guys think?

Isn’t it already considered to be an aura? I don’t play mesmer, but the wiki states that it is affected by superior rune of radiance.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Rune of Mitigation
(1) +25 Healing Power
(3) +50 Healing Power
(5) +100 Healing Power

what you guys think?

Isn’t it already considered to be an aura? I don’t play mesmer, but the wiki states that it is affected by superior rune of radiance.

Didn’t know that rune of radiance is affecting it, but in effect type: it says effect on wiki at least.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

Imo what overload needs is a seperate cooldown from attunements and a much lower pre-load for using it.
For example: I swap to air, need 2seconds before I can cast overload. Overload is completed and a 20s cooldown starts counting down. After another 4 seconds in air I swap to fire, now the air attunement is on cooldown for what is it 10 seconds? I now have a 10s cooldown on air attunement and a 16s cooldown on air overload.
I don’t understand why tempest isn’t designed in this way, this game is all about active combat and a sense of flow in battle. Tempest right now is like riding a bike that uses square wheels.

And if this design allows tempest to do significantly more damage/healing/dmg mitigation than what is possible now, than the numbers need to tweaked instead of screwing up the flow of combat.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

First thing first, Warhorn :
The only way I could have imagined it working was for it to do large ranged AoE skills or fast mobility-oriented skills. As it is currently I just don’t think it works:

SNIP

All very good points. The reason we have warhorn is either development time (because sword would need 12 skills, with as many animations and more balance vs. 8 skills that use very default animations/sounds) or lack of ability to make sword fill a different role than dagger. This is one of the major reasons tempest doesn’t work: it was built around the idea of slower rotations (to charge overloads and deal with longer attunement CDs) which required using more auto-attacks, but doesn’t have the tools to do so. A main-hand weapon with strong autos and low-CD utility skills would have gone a LONG way toward making it work.

The dropped the sword idea, tacked on warhorn last-minute, and never adjusted the concept (which relied on sword as a key-stone).

Generally
In general the rest is “alright” but I wouldn’t qualify it as great, it’s only “ok”:
It is not a number issue as others have mentioned:
Barely any of the new skills can be chained together, there is no mobility skills or high damage burst/combos that would make the combat energetic. Even the overload rewards you by locking and slowing you down. In competitive modes every classes will wreck Tempest eles as soon as they start overloading. There is very little synergy between Tempest and the other trait lines.

All good points. This is all symptoms of carrying these “penalties” as a way of changing the play-style of d/d ele (swap like crazy), but lacking the tools to make it work. In a lot of ways, it was an incredibly flawed concept from the get-go due to so much of the class’s power being rooted in on-swap effects (like the master-level minors, all of arcana, the bad autos with tons of skills, etc.). This extends to the trait-lines as well, the very concept just got so jumbled, and they never spent the time actually reshaping it into a truly cohesive whole. Like really, look at the traits, skills, shouts and overloads – they are so jumbled and confused that they just don’t support any theme. Tempest is supposed to be mid-range support, but can’t even live up to that role better than current ele traits and skills.

Overloads
The overloads are the second problem after warhorn… SNIP

Yeap, overloads are skills developed for a different concept of tempest, and have never been updated to work in reality. This is a clear demonstration of the confused design process and “golem-balancing.” Like the rest of ele, it works great against stationary golems who don’t fight back. Put half a brain on the other end, and it is lights out.

Finally, verdict
Tempest looks rushed:
It lacks new things (no new boons, no new condition, no new gameplay effects), it has recycled auras, recycled might from fire line, recycled animations, barely finished trait line, unfinished second try at an elite skill, etc.

Even during the course of 3 beta tests the improvements have been minimal therefore not really satisfying.

I agree, they REALLY dropped the ball, making minor tweaks rather than actively testing major changes to see how it felt. Why wasn’t BWE2 ele given overloads w/o the terrible post-use CD, or with a shorter pre-charge? All that has happened is gradually tacking more and more junk onto overloads, that it is honestly comical to look at a tooltip. It takes a lot of work and skill to make something simple, elegant, and interesting. Tempest was given the same amount of design work that goes into that old show “pimp my ride.” Put as many spinners and flat-screens as you want on a crappy car with a terrible engine, at the end of the day all you get is a nicer looking kitten that still stinks.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Over 9000

11/10

These guys not only play ele, but understand it on a higher level. I still cant believe people still defend tempest.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Will say this now Karl….Invigorating Torrent is far too strong, this coupled with Elemental bastion and core water/arcana ele….it will create a near unkillable build : tempest-water-arcana, I mean :

-heal on aura
-regen vigor on aura
-regen vigor on cantrips
-plethora of heal

Too much man…way far too much, these are the kind of rushed changes I wish I would not have seen.

Begging you here Karl, nerf this trait asap….before it’s too late

-Change the trait to remove a condition on aura use-

(edited by Supreme.3164)

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Axialbloom.8109

Where can I see the actual changes? The patch notes have the BWE3 horrible traits.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vinteros Asteano.1209

Vinteros Asteano.1209

Yea, that trait is a little wonky; however, the most broken application of it is very selfish.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

regen on aura is one of the worst things to put in. It again nails water as best specline and forces all tempest to be water :-(.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

regen on aura is one of the worst things to put in. It again nails water as best specline and forces all tempest to be water :-(.

Regen is one of the reason ele sustain is so much hated, really passive in nature as scope, instead than increasing active sustain..they keep buffing passive sustain that only brings “torrents” of hate on the profession.

You can’t dismiss easily hate comments when ele players obtain sustain in such a passive way, would it more active sustain..you could easily send off all haters with a “L2P” comment as necessary

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Can someone post the actual trait changes? The official patch notes are wrong, lol.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

[BW3] Feedback Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Will say this now Karl….Invigorating Torrent is far too strong, this coupled with Elemental bastion and core water/arcana ele….it will create a near unkillable build : tempest-water-arcana, I mean :

-heal on aura
-regen vigor on aura
-regen vigor on cantrips
-plethora of heal

Too much man…way far too much, these are the kind of rushed changes I wish I would not have seen.

Begging you here Karl, nerf this trait asap….before it’s too late

-Change the trait to remove a condition on aura use-

This is how they balance ele: they keep just adding to the sustain/bruiser build because they have no idea how to add needed survivability. This trait is literally the only thing that could make tempest viable.

I am not arguing it shouldn’t change, it just highlights how utterly lost they are with eles. It is quite disheartening.

Somehow, tempest is even worse than the last time I played it, except for maybe a bruiser/bunker build which is exactly what we had before…