Diva’s Stone Heart build WvW [Video]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Diva.1476

Diva.1476

Hi lovely people

I have been overwhelmed with the positive response on my previous condi signet build] I posted here a couple of months ago, specially many starter eles and completely new players found it really useful and handy to use which fulfils its main motive. Here I’m to show it’s wvw version, I got a chance to record few roaming fights in wvw, some alone and some with a couple of friends. Let me know your views/ feedback/ suggestions on the same. I’m gonna quickly point out some major advantages of this build:

+ Cost Effective (runes, armors <coe dungeon> used are really cheap to get)
+ Easy to play yet very effective
+ Heavy condi pressure (around 2k condi damage)
+ Great survivability (Very high toughness around 3400, it could go upto 3600 if you use Obsidian Focus, 1st trait of earth line, that increases your toughness while channeling skill which is our Earth AA so nearly perma tough up yay! But personally I think we don’t need this high toughness)
+ Variety of conditions available along with frequent blinds
+ Above all, you’re immune to critical hits!! (lot of berserker/ assassin builds are emerging in wvw lately so it’s good to be safe than sorry lol)

For the build details, check out the old link cause it’s almost same as mentioned in Diva’s Condi Signet Build] with some minor adjustments to suit wvw more. I had a great success in dueling, it simply dominates any class in 1 vs 1 but watch out for other heavy condi builds that would always be a bad fight for this build, (Burning Fire could be used over Blinding Ashes for extra cleanse, it’s totally a personal choice)

Game play video WvW montage using Stone Heart condi signet build

Good Luck on trying this build. Also, feel free to ask any questions about the same.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

As any other condi class, you will be bursting enemies down slowly.

is that intended feature or just a contradiction?

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Hi Diva, very interesting build.
But I think this will be more tanky with the nearly the same condi DPS:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJArdhMMKcW3wyBf0AZAGpVw4AQDYDWeIUD+gA-TFSEwAIUCm4BAkSPBAzfHV+hT9nW7Pw4EAQKAYmGB-w
Also, this build mentioned to use different attunements, but mostly in Earth sure

Every condi spec of any class killing enemies pretty long in comparison with direct damage builds, for the cost of much more survivability.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Elementalist

Diva.1476

Hi Diva, very interesting build.
But I think this will be more tanky with the nearly the same condi DPS:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJArdhMMKcW3wyBf0AZAGpVw4AQDYDWeIUD+gA-TFSEwAIUCm4BAkSPBAzfHV+hT9nW7Pw4EAQKAYmGB-w
Also, this build mentioned to use different attunements, but mostly in Earth sure

Every condi spec of any class killing enemies pretty long in comparison with direct damage builds, for the cost of much more survivability.

Thanks for your comment. I will look into the build link you posted, also, sometimes I switch my attunements too while playing my build, it just naturally happens lol and i’m always happy to see more people trying different stuff. :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Hi

I am completly new to guild wars. Frieds tried to get me to GW2 for a long time :-). Now they made it.
I stared as an elementalist and just made LvL21 …
I am a tactician and strategist. Played DAOC years ago.
I always try to play diffrent and surprise my oponents. I hate copied cooky cutter builds and always try to smash them :-). I design characters myself.
First i had been thinking on the cepter, then came to the staff ele as i usually am a totally supportive player and like long range, and looked at signet based. When thinking and playing with the builder i turned away from heavy water going fire. (Earth and not making it complicated is my base). My build is some kind of hybrid going more power then condition damage and i would like to try conjures for burst damage.
I think i still miss a lot of things and will adapt the build but it is a similar direction of a non squishy ele that makes glass cannons whine.
I just enjoyed finding your posts of Stone Heart elementalist after reding all that stuff from D/D and attunement swaping elementalists. Of course i did see that starting in another attunement ist good :-).
So my build i like to try will have the base you have but also be quite diffrent. It swaps out some condition damage for direct damage (still burning evrything of course) and don´t use a signet going earth armor and cleansing fire + flame axe (fast atacks, might stacking, evade, burning and leap). So i have two cleansing fire at hand that will burn oponents.

Greetings

Wolf

in Elementalist

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Interesting build, will definately give it a try!
Plus that video was fun to watch, you could r eally see the increasing desperation of those thieves x)

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Mono attunement build… shudder. At least you’re trying something different, that I can at least appreciate, but your opponents in all the fights are… terrible is being nice.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Diva.1476

Hi

I am completly new to guild wars. Frieds tried to get me to GW2 for a long time :-). Now they made it.
I stared as an elementalist and just made LvL21 …
I am a tactician and strategist. Played DAOC years ago.
I always try to play diffrent and surprise my oponents. I hate copied cooky cutter builds and always try to smash them :-). I design characters myself.
First i had been thinking on the cepter, then came to the staff ele as i usually am a totally supportive player and like long range, and looked at signet based. When thinking and playing with the builder i turned away from heavy water going fire. (Earth and not making it complicated is my base). My build is some kind of hybrid going more power then condition damage and i would like to try conjures for burst damage.
I think i still miss a lot of things and will adapt the build but it is a similar direction of a non squishy ele that makes glass cannons whine.
I just enjoyed finding your posts of Stone Heart elementalist after reding all that stuff from D/D and attunement swaping elementalists. Of course i did see that starting in another attunement ist good :-).
So my build i like to try will have the base you have but also be quite diffrent. It swaps out some condition damage for direct damage (still burning evrything of course) and don´t use a signet going earth armor and cleansing fire + flame axe (fast atacks, might stacking, evade, burning and leap). So i have two cleansing fire at hand that will burn oponents.

Greetings

Wolf

Glad to know you found my build interesting, surely some tweaks could be done to suit your playstyle more like you said of flame axe one even tho it won’t be as great as our existing meta builds but you can taste every bit of being an ele Also, I wanted to play a full condi ele so I came up with this sorta thing. Keep me posted what new you come up with, preferably with some video to watch

in Elementalist

Diva.1476

Interesting build, will definately give it a try!
Plus that video was fun to watch, you could r eally see the increasing desperation of those thieves x)

I know right!! I hate thieves !! One of them added me to party later and asked what I was running lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

After the update i think stone heart builds are going to be big.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

After the update i think stone heart builds are going to be big.

i don’t… mainly because the problem is that earth attunement is not an attunement anyone wants to spend much time in, even defensively.

I think stone heart is more of a conjure weapon trait, but then, conjures suck balls.

that said, i think earth will be a thing in HOT. but only because everyone gets a free 3rd line, and earth is debateably the best out of fire/earth/air for PVP so it will get used.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Am i the only one around here thinking that earth water arcane , written in stone heavy signet (heal, earth and air at least) build would be huge ?

Cause yeah, i dont think that earth stone and diamond skin are good trait

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Am i the only one around here thinking that earth water arcane , written in stone heavy signet (heal, earth and air at least) build would be huge ?

Cause yeah, i dont think that earth stone and diamond skin are good trait

Nope, I’ve been looking at a Written in Stone build myself. I personally view Diamond Skin and Stone Heart as poor traits that have limited use based on some scenarios whereas a WiS build could be a better all around alternative.

Not getting crit is nice, but when you eventually leave Earth, it’s gone and the low health threshold of Diamond Skin always made me shy away from it.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I am levling up and folowing my friends in WvW. I can´t use the build now and with my poor gear i realy take huge hits. By not reacting fast eough i usually go down (and then always think why didn´t i hit 9 fast or 5 and so on ^^) But thats the way it is with a newbie. I am shure i will get them in the future :-).

What is a fact. I usuall don´t have earth up. I am in fire (sometimes going to water). Thats because i give support to my comerades (Fire field and blowing Phönix in). Earth is usually the last one to go in and so i will get the full critical on being surprised annyway ;-). I need some ranged AE support in earth gg

As utility i currently use cleansing flame (which is realy useful, signet of air and arcane shield. Have to look at my skill points. Don´t have to much at the moment.

Greetings

Wolf

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Now i am 80 (crafting guide ftw) an my friends sponsored me an exotic rabid set + traveler rune. I am running to get more traits now to finish my build.

Well it seems the signet builds get hit hard with the upcoming changes. Its sad to weaken it. Well for the build i imagined all is there .. Just in earth major there are now two traits i want.

See here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/June-23-Specialization-Changes/first

Greetings

Wolf