Tempest & Warhorn confirmed – Feedback [merged]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

If the warhorn is DPS and ranged AOE based i will use it. What warhorn really needs is some spice! With all current warhorn skills there is no diversity in animation all skills pop an effect and thats it. its like a sigent skill as a weapon. If some creativity goes into how the skills are used it could be cool. an evade or port could help spice up the skill set. if all 8 skills use the same animation and just blow into the horn i will be upset haha.

how would it compete if it is direct damage based and ranged? staff has that covered and so do the fire skills for scepter.

Im not saying to replace staff. But ranged AOE is the only thing we don’t have from off hand weapons currently. Focus is single target range / defensive, offhand dagger has some gap closers but obviously mele range. Id prefer direct damage to condition damage but some combo would be ok i guess. thats just my opinion tho

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

“Elemental singularity” skills have been datamined, which give you a skill after you’ve been in an attunement for a few seconds. I’m speculating that these skills will replace your F-skill for an attunement when you’ve been in that attunement for a while.

I doubt we’re going to get another attunement.

This sounds interesting but if main-hand weapons don’t get tweaked a bit I feel like they will drag down the warhorn. Only time will tell though

Agreed, although more when it comes to Scepter than with MH dagger. Although, there is always the (very, very slim) chance that warhorn skills will be so OMGWTF OP that they will overcome those deficiencies.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Id say the necro one comes close to the being ok like the warriors, i mean it does daze/interrupt apart from that, not much more.

Until you play necro for ages you really dont feel how valuable warhorn #5 is.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

What exactly did staff gain? Only thing I can thing of thats really different is baselined blast trait (radius one).

Blasting staff baseline (dagger and scepter traits “left” for later) and the buff to bolt to the heart which can’t be picked by dagger build (cause of fresh air). Moreover, traits like pyromancer’s training makes lava font even more stronger in pvp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Guess I wont be making a legendary for the new weapon after all…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Where are ours, and the engineer’s weapon swaps? Yes, we get elemental attunements but we’re still missing out -regardless of weapon choice- on things such as sigil swaps during combat- whether for new damage sigils or on swap sigil activations.

Just saying…

in Elementalist

Posted by: GlitchyBat.3682

GlitchyBat.3682

If an engineer has all kits for skills, they have access to 6 weapon skill sets.

Elementalist has access to 4 sets of weapon skills, and another 4 if your elite and utilities are conjures.

Revenant has access to two sets of Utility skills and one set of weapon skills without swapping. I don’t think ele or engineer really needs it as much as they could?

[OWLS] Priory Elder Dragon Research Team
[EDS] Elder Dragon Sympathizers

in Elementalist

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

I think this sums up the WH on the ele well.

Taken from Reddit by a poster.

“Oooh, I see where they’re going with this. It’s another “high concept” theme. The Tempest is a class which utilizes the tears (water), screams and despairing wails (air), rage (fire) of all those ele players who cried for weeks that they did not want a warhorn. This faction of the elementalist profession will attempt to scare Mordremoth away by dramatically blowing into a horn. He will be terrified. In fact, that dragon won’t even know what hit him. What about Earth, you ask? Well, this will replace the Tempest’s skill bar entirely with a new summoned weapon, the shovel, with which the Tempest can dig him or herself kitten to lie in, and cry. This is needed for those times when other classes, with their shiny new Staves, Shields, Greatswords, Hammers, and Longbows laugh at the Tempest, for their questionable life decision of setting out to truly perfect the art of blowing into a silly looking horn in a most dramatic fashion."

Seems about right.

Baldur [SL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Well, I’m still excited. Though, I doubt I’ll use the war horn merely because it looks goofy.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

So it’s pure aesthetics rather than mechanics? If people don’t like the skins then that’s nothing that can be truly discussed as its an opinion.

This game is all about aesthetics. Of course people care about them, it’s a freaking barbie simulator.

Animations can be added though, I mean look at Mesmer greatsword and Revenant staff.

Undoubtedly, new animations can be added. Question is, will they? Howler special effects could have been fixed, 2 years ago. I mean, look at the every single other legendary weapon.

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

I hope we can have a sword-looking warhorn skin.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

So there you go… warhorn…
I bet the skills summon elementals and we get something like the guardian spirit weapons…
After all, what the ele needs is more AI to its gameplay.
yay?

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

Source?

In all seriousness though, elementalist is my 2nd main and I welcome the warhorn, knowing that it will bring 8 new weapon skills (I’m assuming ele’s will be able to swap attunement with it). Ultimately, perhaps 12 would have been too many if sword was the new weapon, especially as some classes, such as the mesmer shield, will only have two new weapon skills.

Assuming anet will act on their words and develop future elite specs, is ele condemend to get only offhands because 12 or even 20 new skills is too much?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Except elementalist attunements mean that ele has all bases covered by swapping attunements. no other class can do so much with a single weapon (or even with weapon swap) as ele can with attunement swap.

Revenant actually needed weapon swap to even be worth playing due to how locked to each legend the weapons are.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I bet the skills summon elementals and we get something like the guardian spirit weapons…
yay?

Nah, we’re gonna get Ranger spirits.
Immobile NPCs that pulse stuff, much like Singularities seem to do.
Tempest is the new Turret Engi.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

yay?

Nah, we’re gonna get Ranger spirits.
Immobile NPCs that pulse stuff, much like Singularities seem to do.
Tempest is the new Turret Engi.

That just blows….

….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Unless this was changed really recently attunement and kit swapping does trigger weapon swap sigils.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Although, there is always the (very, very slim) chance that warhorn skills will be so OMGWTF OP that they will overcome those deficiencies.

Well, that’s the problem isn’kitten Warhorn skills actually have to be OMGWTF OP simply so that anywould would even think about using it over the extremely good and well-rounded offhand dagger or the supremely defensive focus.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

I think now we need weapon swap. Nobody is going to drop staff for raid, it has too much range control. So what is this? A weapon we only use for PvP and roaming? Maybe if the range is 1200 I could see it function in conjunction with Scepter again if scepter had a range buff, otherwise it’s going to be a nice experiment but not really practical.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Sigmund Freud would have a field day with this thread, he really would.

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

Except elementalist attunements mean that ele has all bases covered by swapping attunements. no other class can do so much with a single weapon (or even with weapon swap) as ele can with attunement swap.

Revenant actually needed weapon swap to even be worth playing due to how locked to each legend the weapons are.

Well, that assumes we actually DO have all bases covered by swapping attunements.
Hint: We don’t. That’s why we needed a real melee weapon for burst/DPS and why we still lack a weapon for dedicated condi.

Unfortunately attunement swapping is more of a liability than an asset all things considered. Fire has no CC and bad sustained damage, Water has no damage, Air actually has very little single-target DPS, and Earth has horrible damage and little actual survivability in most sets.
So what happens is that you switch to Water to heal and you lose all offensive pressure for a few seconds, but can’t switch back to your damage Elements because they have their own CDs. Compare this to Guardian’s Scepter/Focus. They got decent ranged damage, a CC, and a very powerful Block that also applies damage with no CDs further tacked on.
What I want to emphasize is: More skills =/= Better
Good Skills = Better
Just because Ele has more options, doesn’t mean they were GOOD options.
However, Revenant kinda needed the Weapon swap, as the Legends themselves weren’t enough. It’s just that….that argument you used isn’t really valid. Elementalists wont get Weapon swap, not because we have everything covered, but because we WOULD have everything covered. Suddenly you get a Staff Ele that can kite you forever, then swap to D/D and smash your face in or he can cast Healing Rain, swap to D/D and heal up to full by just switching to Earth, rolling, and pressing 4.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Revenants could equip 15 skills, and choose no utility skills, just presets.
Elementalist can equip 25 skills with no conjured weapons, 37 with conjured weapons.
Engineer already has 15 skills with no kits and 45 with kits.

I don’t see how can you compare Ele and Engi to Revenant.
Legend swap does NOT compensate for weaponswap.

It’s not just the numbeer of skills, but the number of cooldowns. You can start spamming skills with Elementalist and never stop.
Revenant has to stop a lot.

Also ele is the class with the highest dps and mobility, why do you complain?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

No. No they don’t have every base covered. If that were so then there’d be no need to give us access to anything other than staves and have done.

Having the ability to shift between something with a more long-distance or melee-ranged focus is something sorely lacking in the class. Lacking access to on-swap sigils is another shortcoming.

Each attunment swap, regardless of weapon swap comes with a price – extensive global cooldowns and an inability to swap back to a recently abandoned attunements if the situation suddenly calls for it.

Swaping from inventory is something which works wonderfully -perhaps- in single player contents where you’re free to pause as you wish or theory craft but not so well when the party you’re in is becoming agitated that you’ve held them up yet again to dig into your inventory and swap weapons in the middle of a dungeon.

It also shouldn’t need mentioning here but swapping attunements is an obvious tell for opponents in wvw or pvp.

And though the wording of the OP is a bit strong I’m not calling for flexibility to be taken from Revenants.

But it’s high time elementalists got this flexibility as well. Even if it’s a matter of keeping any of the one through five buttons greyed out for a specific attunement(say player uses staff two, then shifts to dagger focus so that dagger two is greyed out) if the player weapon swaps during combat.

In just about every game mode seconds count. And, yes, though it’s lovely to have them, attunements still aren’t as strong and unfettered as many players have been lead to believe.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Just adding that Legend swap is not a way to replace weapon swap, it’s a way to compensate the lack of customization on utility/healing/elite skills.

Not adding weaponswap from the beginning was a huge mistake.
I doubt Elementalists would have had any complaind if they added weaponswap to revenant from the start.

Plus a D/D ele can summon a bow to go ranged, and a Staff ele can conjure a hammer or a greatsword.
Ele has a lot of options. You may not like them, but here they are.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Not to read too much into the artwork, but where’s the mainhand weapon?

Empty mainhand? Warhorn a two handed weapon?

Pretty sure Mesmer picture didn’t have a main hand in the picture either.

Well, mesmer’s was (mostly) out of the picture. But that’s why I qualified it as trying not to read too much into it.

It’s in the ele’s left hand, main hands are always held in the right hand.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Although, there is always the (very, very slim) chance that warhorn skills will be so OMGWTF OP that they will overcome those deficiencies.

Well, that’s the problem isn’kitten Warhorn skills actually have to be OMGWTF OP simply so that anywould would even think about using it over the extremely good and well-rounded offhand dagger or the supremely defensive focus.

I’d be okay with WH being OP, IF it offers a different type of functionality than /D (which is, like you said, well-rounded) or /F (which offers amazing defensive.) Something like CC immunity maybe, or condi pressure? Idk..

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

Also ele is the class with the highest dps and mobility, why do you complain?

This is a bit….incorrect.
We have the highest AoE DPS if, and only if, our target is standing still.
Mobility? The only weapon set with any real mobility is D/D with Burning Speed(15s CD) and Ride the Lightning(40s CD) and well, I guess FGS, but that has a 180s CD.
Not even close to what a Thief can do and it’s not even remotely correct that we can do both at the same time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Its not about what class have how many skills thats least important thing here. Its about how devs are lately more and more affected by whiners.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Elementalist

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

My sadness: confirmed.

in Elementalist

zorokai.1486

I hope we can have a sword-looking warhorn skin.

would be better if it was just a sword and not a warhorn

Baldur [SL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gerrark.9870

Gerrark.9870

Lacking access to on-swap sigils is another shortcoming.

You are absolutely incorrect about this. Switching attunements procs weapon swap sigils.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Technically…
The warhorn is a vibrational device which merely extend the breath of the one blowing the horn. Tying this in with what you know about elementalist magic you should be able to further enhance this effect. Considering what you know about breathing fire and cold while controlling air and vapor there is virtually no limit to what one can come up with.

Elementalists can already make sandstorms, firestorms, freezing gusts and lightningstorms.

While adding the obvious speed inducing ang sound propagation into this mix the magic could be focussed onto these soundwaves and as such creating a multitude of effects.

If it’s possible to vibrate and resonate the magic and the sound in a fixed place that way you could possibly create multiple copies of the same effect.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gerrark.9870

Gerrark.9870

The only thing I have to say is this: has it been 100% confirmed that the warhorn will be an offhand weapon? Sure it’s likely, but I haven’t seen anything saying outright that it is.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The only thing I have to say is this: has it been 100% confirmed that the warhorn will be an offhand weapon? Sure it’s likely, but I haven’t seen anything saying outright that it is.

It’s in their offhand in the art, if that counts for anything to you…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Elementalist

zorokai.1486

Technically…
The warhorn is a vibrational device which merely extend the breath of the one blowing the horn. Tying this in with what you know about elementalist magic you should be able to further enhance this effect. Considering what you know about breathing fire and cold while controlling air and vapor there is virtually no limit to what one can come up with.

Elementalists can already make sandstorms, firestorms, freezing gusts and lightningstorms.

While adding the obvious speed inducing ang sound propagation into this mix the magic could be focussed onto these soundwaves and as such creating a multitude of effects.

If it’s possible to vibrate and resonate the magic and the sound in a fixed place that way you could possibly create multiple copies of the same effect.

you can butter it up all you like – still in the end blowing a horn. Like you stated ele can already make so many storms – so what exactly is the WH for? adding another extra tornado? whoop! ….

Baldur [SL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

^^ Perhaps, but if you think about it, I don’t think Anet chooses the weapons the profs get based on looks so it’s a little silly to QQ about how Warhorn is a bad choice because of looks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It sounds like people are judging it, like every other sneak peak Anet has done, before they have all of the information in front of them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Empty Sky.6354

Empty Sky.6354

I hope that is some kittened up looking sword there,not warhorn Guess it’s easier to do off hand weapon,than main hand weapon…. Sure would be nice,if we get both sword and warhorn ,tired of same old same old stuff on ele.

Like alot of people,I also don’t see,how warhorn fits ele….at all. Ok for air attument maybe,but you still have fire,water and earth. At the very least I hope warhorn skills are gonna be usefull and maybe somewhat mid range weapon? I imagine it will be some support role weapon,making eles even bunkier and people kittening about them even more. Personally I’d love,if ele got some power and be able to play marauder amulet,instead of boring cele one. Come on Anet,give ele some power love and make them glass cannon type of kitten

in Elementalist

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Well reason for rev to gain in combat weapon swap was the ability to switch between close and range combat. At this point ele should have weapon swap as well to get that luxury too.

Would that make them op? Absolutely, not like they arent op at all right now. Solution? Rebalance with weapon swap in mind. A lot of work for devs? Nobody care, balance is their job after all.

obey me

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Technically…

you can butter it up all you like – still in the end blowing a horn. Like you stated ele can already make so many storms – so what exactly is the WH for? adding another extra tornado? whoop! ….

I wasn’t buttering anything up or trying to make a point. People here are deaf to a little reason. It would be pointless to talk sense into you guys so I just made something up that sounded sort of cool.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Um, if you don’t like the warhorn, don’t use it. Simple as that. It could turn out to be a useful weapon, no idea what all this hate is about.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

^^ Perhaps, but if you think about it, I don’t think Anet chooses the weapons the profs get based on looks so it’s a little silly to QQ about how Warhorn is a bad choice because of looks.

To be fair, character appearance, “looks,” is a huge part of GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Id say the necro one comes close to the being ok like the warriors, i mean it does daze/interrupt apart from that, not much more.

Until you play necro for ages you really dont feel how valuable warhorn #5 is.

^——this.

necro Warhorn is valued!

Best melee off hand for Necro.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

keep in mind that future xpacs will feature more elite specs, so it’s highly likely that we will EVENTUALLY get sword. Exactly how long is the problem

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

I am really disappointed that they give this thing to ele. There are 2 reasons:
1. – warhorns are the ugliest weapons, even their animations looks bad ( I doupt ele will be throwing warhorns or something)
2. – Our current off-hands are great, while main-hands sucks. We really don’t need another off-hand as long as main-hands are bad.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

It just looks ugly. If it’s a sword off hand even with the same skills, the complaints will drop by half. I mean, who wants to be seen running around blowing a snail shell.

I will be using my Zodiac warhorn and blowing Rooster… I’m in the minority that didn’t care for the aesthetics of sword on ele, but I didn’t expect to get another offhand. I was hoping for some sort of magical archer using short bow. Only two classes use short bow, and it seems none will be getting it in the expansion. Can’t wait to see more info on Tempest though!

in Elementalist

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

I guess anet can’t deny warhorn is going to blow. Ele hype train just crashed for me, I guess I’ll be playing Revenant unless Tempest functions well without warhorn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Heart Attunement or bust

YES!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

My personal feelings on the matter is that its largely because of the data-mined sword skills. Once you get people expecting one thing then give them something else, a lot of them will be annoyed about it just by sheer virtue of it being not what they were expecting.

Certainly one of the downsides of data-mining in general.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Right now I know I won’t be using the warhorn. Why? Because how ugly this weapon and its animations are. No matter if it will be meta OP, I will keep my beloved focus, which is much more beautiful. Hoewer, devs said that proffesions with OH will be compensated in some way, so maybe 5th attunement is coming (Have you seen the teaser’s background? )

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.