Elemental bugs/glitches thread.

in Elementalist

Posted by: veeblight.9736

veeblight.9736

Zephyr’s boon only gives me 5 seconds of swiftness/fury instead of the 10 that it says on the wiki. Was this changed recently?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Abilities such as ice spike should form while casting not to cast and then wait for the spike to form and hit the ground because this way it hits double the time it should
either isntant cast but delay before impact or impact after the cast time is finished

Agreed, all delayed skills as some boring idle animation after casting which make you was 0.5 sec everytime

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Mistform doesn’t get the 20% reduced cooldown from the Cantrip Mastery trait. See this screenshot:
http://i47.tinypic.com/kbxatj.png

in Elementalist

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

Additional bug to Armor of Earth – the Boon duration talents from the Arcana trait line do not take effect when you get the buff (buffs still only last 8 seconds as per the standard tooltip duration length, but the duration length next to the boon description says 10.5 seconds – 30 points in Arcana).

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wildclaw.6073

Wildclaw.6073

Zephyr’s boon only gives me 5 seconds of swiftness/fury instead of the 10 that it says on the wiki. Was this changed recently?

The boons are only 10s if you use Shocking Aura, 5s otherwise.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I hope they’re gonna fix “Ride the Lightning” soon, using that spell is a ridiculous gamble, where most of the time it’s like using a stun on yourself. I can’t trust the spell, I can’t use it effectively. It ruins all my combos that I need for my elementalist to even stand a chance against anything other than another elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Papa Khann.5326

Papa Khann.5326

@Sebulon

Ride the Lightning getting me stuck on the terrain (the “self-stun” as you call it) and the pitiful state of our downed abilities are the first two issues I hope they address. Followed closely by fixing the various traits that don’t seem to be working (either not working at all or not as advertised in the tooltips).

Papa

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flute.3784

Flute.3784

Just a little animation glitch I noticed a few days ago.

Inifite fire and ice breathing ^^

Note that it is only the animation that is glitched, and not the actual skill.

i7 3770k @4.0GHz | nVidia GTX 680 | Kingston 16GB DDR3 @1866MHz | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
Raidmax 850W Gold | OCZ 360GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD | Samsung S27A950D

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zetta.5102

Zetta.5102

The Ride The Lightning bug is honestly my main complaint. sPvP is tough when your only gap closer that allows you to updraft to begin a combo isn’t reliable and basically causes self-stun for a second or so. I stopped counting how many duels Ride The Lightning has caused me to lose, especially when I waste updraft due to nothing being next to me after RTL bugs out.

Please focus on fixing this bug.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Glyph of elementals / quick glyphs

The correct cooldown starts right when you use the glyph. When the elemental dies it starts a 120 second cooldown. That’s what I was noticing last night (9/20/2012)

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaPala.5346

DaPala.5346

Only tested out of combat, but vigorous scepter does not seem to work.

Also does Windborne Dagger work with a dagger in the offhand? If not, it needs to say it in the tooltip.

in Elementalist

Posted by: alor.4123

alor.4123

Fire shield aura from activating sigents (fire’s embrace trait) doesn’t stack in duration. For example, if you cast 4 sigents one by one instantly you will not get fire shield for more then 3 seconds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wildclaw.6073

Wildclaw.6073

Fire shield aura from activating sigents (fire’s embrace trait) doesn’t stack in duration.

Auras are effects not boons and hence doesn’t stack in duration.

Lava Font
The tooltip states it lasts for 6 seconds however it actually lasts for 4-5 seconds. Additionaly the Fire Magic trait which was supposed to “Make area fields of fire last longer by 33%” (probably XI one) does not take any effect as well.

As of 2012-09-22 at least, the tooltip says “Duration: 4s” like it should. Also, Persisting Flames correctly increases the duration of all fire fields(in the pvp lobby at least).

Bug/Tooltip: Persisting Flames trait doesn’t update durations.

Possible Bug: Lava Font doesn’t tick on second 0 unlike any of the other AoE over time effects (Frozen Ground, Burning Retreat, Burning Speed, Flame Wall).

Bug/Tooltip: Deep Freeze tooltip doesn’t mention that it applies chill every second.

Bug/Tooltip: Arcane Blast tooltip listed damage value is ~4 times lower than it should be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: alor.4123

alor.4123

Auras are effects not boons and hence doesn’t stack in duration.

It doesn’t make any sense. To gain max effect from this trait I should use my signets once every 3 seconds…

in Elementalist

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Don’t know if this is a bug or not, but I noticed that some class (mesmer, I think) can yank people off of keep walls. Yet my gust spell (staff elem) can’t blow things off cliffs. (Players or mobs.)

Why is this? This, our weakened TP skill, and a bunch of other things seem to scream “Devs hate elems!” That or we just got no attention during beta. (Expect a big swing of the nerf bat.)

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xagar.6512

Xagar.6512

Don’t know if this is a bug or not, but I noticed that some class (mesmer, I think) can yank people off of keep walls. Yet my gust spell (staff elem) can’t blow things off cliffs. (Players or mobs.)

Why is this? This, our weakened TP skill, and a bunch of other things seem to scream “Devs hate elems!” That or we just got no attention during beta. (Expect a big swing of the nerf bat.)

No attention? Eles got a huge damage nerf since beta.

All blink skills for all classes lost their ability to cross open space (probably so as not to trivialize jumping puzzles).

Anyway you CAN blow players off cliffs, but not mobs. It’s just a little hard to actually hit them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hell Nirvana.9045

Hell Nirvana.9045

Sacavain.1236

Skill: eruption (staff / earth)

Description: when this spell is about to explode and you cast mist form, the damage and condition won’t apply to the target(s).

Without talking about balance, it’s quite annoying to see the number of buggy/glitchy mechanism we have to work with while setting up complicated combo that aren’t that rewarding.

<3 still love my ele anyway

I don’t have to be in any form for this to happen. It seems to be somewhat random, based on my experiences.
Usually it bugs out if i cast the spell behind me (or turn my back to it any time while it’s on the ground) or the mob i’m targeting at the time of cast leaves the AoE range before the explosion. Even if the target comes back within the skill’s AoE, there’s still a possibility that the skill does nothing.
I dare to say this happens to me around 50% of the time when one or more of these conditions are met. It can even bug -though very rarely- if none of those conditions are met.

I haven’t done any purposeful testing. These are things i’ve noticed while just playing the game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Afreez.8732

Afreez.8732

Only tested out of combat, but vigorous scepter does not seem to work.

Also does Windborne Dagger work with a dagger in the offhand? If not, it needs to say it in the tooltip.

Windborne Dagger
This skill is not working at all.
Bug-report thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Ele-Skill-Windborn-Dagger-not-working/first#post19731

Before it says something in the tool-tip it should be fixed i´d say

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

Meteor Storm fails to go off a lot, I give it a 25% success rate. Often the skill will cool down with nothing happening. The same seems to happen (but not nearly as frequent) with Glyph of Storms (90% success rate) and summoning the great sword (80% success rate). I can’t find anything saying that spells should have a chance to fail like in some hard core RPGs until you level up more.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Water trait XI, Cleansing Water, removes conditions when applying regeneration, but does not work with water-attuned Trident skill 4, Undercurrent.
I thought the trait wasn’t working at all underwater, but after a number of Honor of the Waves runs, it seems to work on attunement (with Arcane V trait) and when using Glyph of Elemental Harmony, just not with the trident skill.

(edited by Klutzy Charlatan.4820)

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

All blink skills for all classes lost their ability to cross open space (probably so as not to trivialize jumping puzzles).

This really makes no sense. With my engineer’s rocket jump I can still cross open space, but not with a real teleport? Makes no sense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Coreation.9306

Coreation.9306

I’ve read the first page, and so far I haven’t seen my bug that has been making me throw my headphones to the ground. Sometimes when you bring up your elemental (I’ve only got this with fire elementals btw) their flapping wings sound is AMAZINGLY loud. Like it just overstorms all of the rest of the sound. And from what I’ve heard from my party, then can hear the wings flapping as well. This bug however isn’t consisting afaik, I haven’t been able to analyze under what conditions this bug happens, but it’s a very, very annoying one when it does happen.

Normally I want my elementals to live on forever….when the bug appears….I just want them to die :p. Hope this gets picked up in the list

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Rune Set of Dwayna that grants AoE regeneration does not stack with Cleansing Water

in Elementalist

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

This bug has been in the game since betas and I will keep posting it until it gets fixed.

Switching to Air attunement while having target selected activates auto-attack. It is very annoying especially when are you trying to run away from mobs, switch to air attunement, character starts attacking the mobs, you are slowed – in combat.

Please fix this already.

Thanks,
Looria

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Water trait IX (Cantrip Mastery) doesnt reduce mist form’s CD

Up Rerroll

in Elementalist

Posted by: mmorpgeek.5798

mmorpgeek.5798

Burning Retreat’s combo is bugged since 3 weeks. Projectile Finisher doesn’t put burning condition on target.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

This bug has been in the game since betas and I will keep posting it until it gets fixed.

Switching to Air attunement while having target selected activates auto-attack. It is very annoying especially when are you trying to run away from mobs, switch to air attunement, character starts attacking the mobs, you are slowed – in combat.

Please fix this already.

Thanks,
Looria

I don’t think that is a bug, when you switch to air attunement Electric Discharge traits activates assuming you put more than 15 points into air attunement. If you did put 15 points into it, then it is not bugged and you need to read your traits.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razgriz.7319

Razgriz.7319

Please fix this already.

Thanks,
Looria

I don’t think that is a bug, when you switch to air attunement Electric Discharge traits activates assuming you put more than 15 points into air attunement. If you did put 15 points into it, then it is not bugged and you need to read your traits.

This is a bug and it’s well documented in the post over here. Feel free to check it out and add your insights.

~ 80 Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: RakaNishoo.6071

RakaNishoo.6071

Phoenix → I get 5s of vigor instead of 10s as written in description.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Furby.5693

Furby.5693

Superior Sigil of Hydromancy does not work on Elementalist (Though it works with other classes). It normally wouldn’t be a class issue, but seeing as the bug only doesn’t work with Elementalists, I figured I’d put it here! It worked last Tuesday, but after the changes that happened mid last week things haven’t worked.

in Elementalist

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

been having an issue with RTL and pets. When attempting to RTL to target, if any pet is in between target and myself then RTL will take me to pet instead of target.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Elementalist

Posted by: RakaNishoo.6071

RakaNishoo.6071

Dragon’s Tooth → Blast finisher is not under tooth, but under yourself, when you start casting. Not sure if this is intended or not.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Orlando.8192

Orlando.8192

A bug I just noticed when I made my first elementalist:

I went to heart of the mists to play around with traits and skills, and get a feel for them, and the last thing I specced into was Air, and I was running around heart of the mists at really high speed with some traits before going back to the normal world. When I returned, I found that I was still attuned to air, despite not having unlocked it yet, and that the traits giving me speed still applied, despite not having any traits. The effect persists between zones.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrakeWurrum.6049

DrakeWurrum.6049

Apparently it’s officially a “bug” for Necros that Quickening Thirst doesn’t stack with their speed-increasing Signet.

Does this mean that speed increases really are supposed to stack? i.e. Windborne Dagger + Zephyr’s Speed

Also, I know for sure this is a bug: Lingering Elements is not correctly functioning for every Adept minor trait as it should. It seems to work for Soothing Elements, but not for Zephyr’s Speed (I think) or Stone Flesh.

I’ve also noticed that One With Air does not function at all. It won’t override the 10% from Zephyr’s Speed.

I hope you haven’t forgotten my role in this little story. I’m the leading man.
You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

(edited by DrakeWurrum.6049)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nyss.2947

Nyss.2947

Air Bubble: Air bubble’s graphic of the bubble surrounding the lifted target fails to show, quite often.

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

Lightning Flash cannot be used to bridge gaps, yet the engineer rocket jump can be used to get over un-jumpable gaps. So lightning flash seems extremely bugged.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Read today’s patch notes? Totally unimpressed, let’s just hope that somebody at ArenaNet is actually planning to work on our class in the next 12 months…

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Sorry people, after todays notes i have now given up on the ele. I may come back and update the thread again if the class starts to get fixed/adjusted properly but for now i just don’t see the point – the class is more frustration than fun.

In regards to this, maybe someone can start a new thread and copy everything in the posts and keep it updated?.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Fire grab misses 90% of the times. Even if you are facing the enemy with no blind you still get the MISS message.

It also missed when I used it on a trebuchet which obviously cant do anything to avoid damage.

Up Rerroll

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mikaila.5942

Mikaila.5942

Not sure if this is a known issue or working right. I can use Glyph of renewal fine on a player that is fighting to survive; however, I can’t use it on someone that is done for.

The glyph will let me cast anywhere at anytime with no one targeted and waste the cool down if we misclick.

Is there something that can be done with this glyph to make it so that it has to be a specific type of target and not just used anywhere?

Also, should we be able to use it on fully dead players?

Gemma Madock of Defenders of Heroism [Hero]
Happiness is all that matters in life, with it comes everything else. Come be happy with me!

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

It only works on players that are attempting to rally not fully downed sadly

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

Projectile reflects: When you reflect projectiles that apply conditions, the condition damage is based on your own condition damage, not the condition damage of the player firing the projectiles. This mechanic sharply reduces the risk to players running projectile-based condition builds.

When you reflect a projectile that applies conditions back onto a player, the damage for that condition should be based on the original damage of the player who fired the projectile.

in Elementalist

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Having an issue with downed abilities and Player Pets in PvP. Downed ability #2 effects closest NPC rather than targeted player.

NPCs are actually messing with a lot of Elem abilities as well as just targeting across the board for all classes.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

Thanks for this. Keep em coming, this is one of our top priorities right now. Please remember that these fixes take a few days and testing them takes about a week.

Jon

Very happy to hear this. I really appreciate y’alls communication and transparency about this type of stuff.

I have to admit, reading through that list of bugs is both enlightening and depressing. At least I know that many others are having the same probs now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krauzer.4190

Krauzer.4190

Glyph of Renewal resurrects people from FULL DEAD (as in downed and stomped) to full health. Also resurrects downed mesmer clones.

in Elementalist

Posted by: magnofab.3648

magnofab.3648

Guys …. I do not know if it’s a bug … but it should be: If you use Dragon’s Tooth and then use Mist Form, DT will fall, but will not hit. Is this normal? Same thing if you cast DT and before it falls, you die …. it does not give any damage.

Is it normal? I think it’s a bug, because the pets, illusions, and others continue beating even after the guy died. What do you think?

Sorry for bad English guys ;(

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

glyph of Elementals is still bugged

When you first use it the cooldown starts. Then when the elemental dies the cooldown starts over again from the beginning.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I m just gonna put it here but I think superior rune of warrior should reduce the CD for attunements. If sigil effects work during attunement changing then runes effort should work as well and thus I am classifying it as a bug.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Xagar.6512

Signet of Air is bugged. When not used on a valid target, it:
-breaks stuns
-interrupts channels

An invalid target with autotargeting on is one that is either out of view and unselected, or out of range, selected or not.

An invalid target with autotargeting off is one that is not selected, or out of range and selected.

(edited by Xagar.6512)

in Elementalist

Xagar.6512

When Arcane Resurrection (Arcana II) is used with Elemental Shielding (Earth V), the affected players gain 10s of protection, not the stated 3.