[Guide] Mastering the D/D ele 7/15/13

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Nope, I didn’t play ele during the God-Era for eles. Proud of it too.

You completely missed a very fun stage the ele once had and completely doubt it will ever happen again. It was thanks to the influence, guides and skillful gameplay Daphoenix projected over his videos and over his intelligent forum posts. If not all then the majority of ele players ran his builds. Up to this day the builds he made popular are considered to be standard for most d/d builds including yours. That is why discrediting someone you never seen until recently makes you look awful Nex.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Exactly, that’s why your ignorant self has no place in discrediting someone that was considered very skillful and not an amateur like you.

Why defend him so adamantly? I see his videos. I read his thread this morning. There’s nothing awe inspiring here.

I guarantee I’d beat this guy in a duel, but I don’t really care about that. I just feel like people should let this outdated thread die, and stop referring to “dapheonix” stuff to new people. Newbies don’t know him.

It’s nonsensical really. And to call me an amateur is funny. I was an amateur when we dueled over a year ago, and I still broke even with you. What’s that say about you.

I deleted that post because of the insults. Read the one above. I take it easy on players I don’t consider much of a challenge and play like whatever. Against your tutoring master Serane, it was a different story. It is not about beating him in a lame pointless duel. It is about realizing what he did for the entire ele community at his time and it is still carrying on up to this day.

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Not to discredit daphenix but id prob beat him in a duel. He was good at evading. Probably better than anyone I’ve seen. He didn’t actually create the build. He popularized it. No one could do what he did but now he is obsolete.

I agree he was not the creator of d/d, as no one really was.

My vote is for Anet on being the creator of the build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KaneZ.4910

KaneZ.4910

I want to say that I would not love Ele as much as I do now without the help of daphoenix’s guide, his build, to me, was the first stepping stone for mastering the Elementalist class. For that, I respected him.
IMO, winning duels does not make someone a great player, it’s teaching and helping others realize how fun a class can be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Exactly, that’s why your ignorant self has no place in discrediting someone that was considered very skillful and not an amateur like you.

Why defend him so adamantly? I see his videos. I read his thread this morning. There’s nothing awe inspiring here.

I guarantee I’d beat this guy in a duel, but I don’t really care about that. I just feel like people should let this outdated thread die, and stop referring to “dapheonix” stuff to new people. Newbies don’t know him.

It’s nonsensical really. And to call me an amateur is funny. I was an amateur when we dueled over a year ago, and I still broke even with you. What’s that say about you.

I deleted that post because of the insults. Read the one above. I take it easy on players I don’t consider much of a challenge and play like whatever. Against your tutoring master Serane, it was a different story. It is not about beating him in a lame pointless duel. It is about realizing what he did for the entire ele community at his time and it is still carrying on up to this day.

You really have nothing to go off of. You can insult me and Serane, who are arguably equals at this point, but I know I’ve trained up 20-30 eles in the past few months, and I get requests daily for advice. I know Serane helps people in the same way. We work towards eles who know more about their class. You just insult and sling condescension at people who aren’t playing the same build as you.

Duels aren’t lame and pointless to some. They’re all I really care about in this game. It’s where I get my kicks from the game. That’s no less worthwhile than someone who zergs or someone who spvps.

Take care. I know I can take the high ground leaving that sad post quoted.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

(edited by Mbelch.9028)

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

I want to say that I would not love Ele as much as I do now without the help of daphoenix’s guide, his build, to me, was the first stepping stone for mastering the Elementalist class. For that, I respected him.
IMO, winning duels does not make someone a great player, it’s teaching and helping others realize how fun a class can be.

I don’t discount his guides and help at the time. It had great relevance and helped a good deal of people.

But the definition of a great player is foggy at best. There’s a lot of facets of the game one can be “great” at. For me, I only particularly have ever cared about martial skills.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

I didint insult Serane. I insulted you. I’ll have you know I started with d/d since open beta. I played hybrid, bunker, support, condition, dps and bust builds with it. As proof there’s a post around this same thread of me raging because many others started to run d/d because of Daphonix. Everything you are going through right now I already experienced it including the training, dueling, wins, builds, etc. This discussion isn’t about your or my experience. It is about you discrediting someone many acknowledge and respect.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

I didint insult Serane. I insulted you. I’ll have you know I started with d/d since open beta. I played hybrid, bunker, support, condition, dps and bust builds with it. As proof there’s a post around this same thread of me raging because many others started to run d/d because of Daphonix. Everything you are going through right now I already experienced it including the training, dueling, wins, builds, etc. This discussion isn’t about your or my experience. It is about you discrediting someone many acknowledge and respect.

Lol like I said, I’m done on your ring around the Rosie. You don’t even know what you’re talking about at this point.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I don’t understand why people discredit him so much. Sure, Daphoenix is not the best Elementalist out there. He doesn’t even play anymore. Sure, everyone can claim they can beat a guy who played in the past meta but IIRC it was him who popularized Boon Duration on Eles. It was him who popularized the 0/10/0/30/30 build. It was him who popularized the now common Elementalist skill chaining and might stacking combos.

It was thanks to him that eles got popular in the first place. You can say it’s thanks to him also that eles were nerfed to the ground. But you should blame Anet for over-nerfing the class. He taught hundreds and thousands of people how to play Elementalist.

People can discredit and insult him however they want but the fact will remain that no matter what D/D build you run now, it will always be a deviation of the build he popularized.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Lol like I said, I’m done on your ring around the Rosie. You don’t even know what you’re talking about at this point.

No, you are just trying to shift the discussion to something else, instead of admitting how stupid you were to discredit Dapheonix. You really do deserve to be insulted.

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

The starving kids in Africa couldn’t give two kittens as to who is the better Elementalist or who popularised what. At this point this thread has devolved into people beating themselves off over who is better than who.

I’ve lurked these forums for so long and all of you have made valid and not valid arguments. Some of you are positively cringeworthy in the amount of embarrassment you post.

“Heidia – the best ele on Blackgate”
“‘That’ mag roamer! 1 of 2 incinerators done!”

Channel all this passion into something more creative and worthwhile than fighting with words in girl world. Cannot think of one situation where this argument actually has a productive outcome. The only outcome I see is this thread being closed.

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

tldr

best afker FC 0/0 legendaries

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

People can discredit and insult him however they want but the fact will remain that no matter what D/D build you run now, it will always be a deviation of the build he popularized.

Mostly because every time you use ele and use few points in arcane and water (even 10) you get labeled as classic DD even if you are full zerker….

Daphoenix build was centered about surviving and attrition ….something dead under a pile of nerfs so NO today DD builds are totally different.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Not to discredit daphenix but id prob beat him in a duel. He was good at evading. Probably better than anyone I’ve seen. He didn’t actually create the build. He popularized it. No one could do what he did but now he is obsolete.

I agree he was not the creator of d/d, as no one really was. But saying that he is obsolete seems a little contradictory when we have people coming to this bilion years old thread just to throw shade at him. His build might be outdated yes, but the position he assumed in the ele community, due to all the attention he gathered at the time, is to this day disputed, this discussion is a proof of it. Might be one of the reasons the ele forums seem like an endless episode of The Real Housewives of name your favorite.

I love you for this last line.

If i am putting words in Mcbelchs mouth then please elaborate..did you meant he ran away in a good way?or in a bad?I know running away is simple but there is always a reason behind it.If you fought so many enemies at once ,would you fstand in place and BS into them like a noob or would you kite them and kill them one by one?

Anyway there is no point in the discussion.Dapphoenix is no God but he gave the ele community a lot.More than anyone and a lot more than those guys like Mcbelch that refuse to share their builds/gears/tactics cause they think they are the best at one class in a game.GG

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Comparing him to Darwin (as someone did recently) made me chuckle.

Children of da Phoenix. His return has not been prophesized, so thou art on thy own in this time of change.

in Elementalist

Posted by: biscuits.8073

biscuits.8073

any1 got a good D/D build now then?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

There is a guy named Dapphoenix. He has created a unique D/D build and play style that dominates.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I am using this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYhMM6ZW5wzBdEBPACtfj6ILQ5qJfC-TVCFABls/gSKloU9HAeAAXpE0hTAQSKDsSJTa6JCAgAwO35Ov5NvZpAEVYE-w

DD is pigeonholed mostly in 30 arcane….that makes people say everyone is using daphoenix build ._.

Even if the gameplay is totally different….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Classic D/D is X/X/X/30/30

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Discussed this a day or two after release. Not much change since my last build which is a modification of daphoenix build.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

No, you are just trying to shift the discussion to something else, instead of admitting how stupid you were to discredit Dapheonix. You really do deserve to be insulted.

D/D was Anet by design. We don’t know if 0/10/0/30/30 was created by Daphoenix or if he’s the #3982 to catch on. However, he made guides, text tutorials, theorycrafted and promoted D/D in general. He even suggested celestial before it was hype.

He helped a lot of players get that initial grasp/skill boost to push them to master D/D eventually. Sure, you can be much better than he is, you may have come online and instantly played it like a master. But what he did was to teach, and comprehensively. He didn’t have to. He made D/D accessible to a lot of people and they also had fun. For that, I give respect.

I’m such a necro.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in Elementalist

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Should tack on Champion Phantom in that flair of yours, you’re good at necro-ing dead threads.

Säïnt

in Elementalist

Fuzzion.2504

D/D was Anet by design. We don’t know if 0/10/0/30/30 was created by Daphoenix or if he’s the #3982 to catch on. However, he made guides, text tutorials, theorycrafted and promoted D/D in general. He even suggested celestial before it was hype.

He helped a lot of players get that initial grasp/skill boost to push them to master D/D eventually. Sure, you can be much better than he is, you may have come online and instantly played it like a master. But what he did was to teach, and comprehensively. He didn’t have to. He made D/D accessible to a lot of people and they also had fun. For that, I give respect.

I’m such a necro.

No he didnt create it. The DnD build was something that was created back in BWE when all the GW1 eles were thinking that gw2 would be the same but were proven wrong. Infact the SnD and SnF meta for the ele were also created during the BWE.

A little piece of history for yer.

BTW where is the guy?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Elementalist

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

He quit.
And yea these builds were around since day 1. I played s/f in beta too. We’re talking back when the endurance bar was located above your utilities with the little running man icon. That kitten old.

Säïnt

in Elementalist

Fuzzion.2504

He quit.
And yea these builds were around since day 1. I played s/f in beta too. We’re talking back when the endurance bar was located above your utilities with the little running man icon. That kitten old.

LOL memories. I remember going up to this ele that had 2 daggers and going, “Im going to kitten u up with my staff”. I was soon dead.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

haha, yeah... i actually tried a necromancer in BWE but soon (after 10 minutes) switched to ele.

oh, and the circular minimap.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in Elementalist

Fuzzion.2504

haha, yeah… i actually tried a necromancer in BWE but soon (after 10 minutes) switched to ele.

oh, and the circular minimap.

LOL and remember everyone in WvW was kitten poor and no one could afford siege

LOL we should rename this thread “Memory lane”

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]