My elementalist is too OP. Anyone also bored?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

You can spike like a thief on an ele? I seriously doubt that. Ele damage is mediocre compared to thief burst. You might get a 5k firegrab if all the stars align in your favor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

80 Ele, and I can say for a fact we’re in a very good state right now thanks to D/D.
We can pretty much spike like a Theif and tank enough to survive most stuff.
Some will say otherwise simply because they still need to learn the class yet (specifically D/D build), but I think everyone is noticing that Eles are on a high spot right now in the sPvP meta and WvW as well.

Another thief……

red falcon recent posts (4days ago):

I don’t play Ele myself but I find it the most challenging opponent if the player knows the trick.

in just 4 days he become an experienced ele it seems u.u

This is what you’ll find 90% of times you see posts about strength of ele

I wonder how comes how many thieves player are behaving like this….it could really have something to do with the class maybe…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jambas.6204

Jambas.6204

It’s true that D/D Ele has good mobility, but we trait for it. Try a D/D ele without Zephyr’s Boon and lightning flash or even just without Zephyr’s Boon. And you will see that your mobility drops like hell.

2 days ago I was running from a team of 5 guys,(W3), their D/D could keep up with me but guess what? Their warrior also keep up with us.

This week I changed server to see new faces and to check how other servers play, and I must say that is a complete different meta.

While on my server most of people go for direct damage it seems that here at least 80% of people that i’m facing are focusing on conditions.

And the approach I have to do is completely different the one I used on my server.
For example I’m used to have my heals to give me advantage, well here that is not easy because if I face more then 1 guy usually one of them puts me poison.

If I charge to a team of 3/4/5 guys for example is a conditions feast, immobilize, chill, poison , confusion, lot’s of bleeds, I have a very high chance to not be able to disengage, it all depends on their classes and their skills.

You can say that I’m facing a more skilled server, well my home server is SFR that reached number 1 last week. So I will have to disagree.
For example on higher tiers you don’t see much Necros, here they are everywhere. Thiefs usually go for burst damage on higher tiers here 80% of them are conditions thiefs .

So I don’t believe Ele is OP. Direct damage builds are easier to face for a Bunker D/D because you can soak the damage and then heal back. But condition damage not so much they just need to poison ,slow,confusion and you will be in trouble if you stay there.

This in a 1vsX scenario, in a 1vs1 Ele is still great even against condition users but this doesn’t make it OP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

here is the answer to your problem:
STOP PLAYING VS RANDOM NOOBS!
get the finger out of your behind and play vs very good organised players instead of random noobs if you are bored of winning vs bad players…
but you won’t since you don’t like to get rolfstomped…… so if thats the case stfu man.

I just recalled this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Doesn’t seem that long ago.

Video is from September, outdated, and not an accurate reflection of the class today.

D/D ele’s are broken right now, PVP is boring!

still the same from my understanding.
and if you play vs good players, every seems to forget that EVERY good player will have CC breakers and will be able to EASILY keep that 300+ distance needed to completely shot down an D/D ele -.- it gets even easier in team setting.

ofcouse if you play vs. players that got no idea how to use cc breakers or in most cases properly dont even take them etc. then ofc having a build that relies 100% on the enemy player being a nub and a build which will get ROLF if his good or just knows how to use these skills and keep a reasonable distance, is only fair and closer to balance.

there is one varieble build which can be really good (dont tell me its a complete different build becouse 1 utility is changed for something equel etc.) for the ele and that in itself just screams something is wrong, especially since its so easily countered by anything with range, knockback and cc breaker/cleansing effects.

(edited by Erebus.7568)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thanos.2970

Thanos.2970

…and if you play vs good players, every seems to forget that EVERY good player will have CC breakers and will be able to EASILY keep that 300+ distance needed to completely shot down an D/D ele -.- it gets even easier in team setting.

Are you willing to prove that by playing another class against a good ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

don t make people lose time because you are lazy…..

You can find plenty of such videos showing HOW to beat a good ele….
Unfortunately the requirement is to be a good player….
You run the counterclass of eles….and your subforum is plenty of answers….

There is no guide to beat a good player without any skill….if is what you are looking for.

To beat a good player you have to be good and plenty good necros posted vids …. >_>

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Erebus.7568

…and if you play vs good players, every seems to forget that EVERY good player will have CC breakers and will be able to EASILY keep that 300+ distance needed to completely shot down an D/D ele -.- it gets even easier in team setting.

since i haven’t played gw2 for quite a while and just starting up again i hardly think that would be a fair challenge now would it
(the game have changed little balance wise since i left judging from patches and the following trend. D/D ele was already back then the only effective way to do spvp as a bunker build.. to my understanding we do see more s/d now but its basicly build on the same concepts of D/D)

but i bet you if you actually give that challenge to let say “top tier” pvp guilds out there i am sure they would set you in your place.

it’s basic knowledge of mechanics, skills and math.
if you got x skills to choose from with x effects and hte others got x with x effects what is the best counter to each move made.
and the ele falls short on every step in a D/D build vs. good builds of other classes, simple becouse you are limiting your range to 300+- and you are forcing a tanky build, both which rely 100% on a single burst combo which can easily be avoided by players that can actually play.

it’s the same as seeing players whine in lol about how op trynd, yi, etc rolf chars are -.- it’s a simple matter of “if you allow them to be in the best possible situation they can be and dont have any counter to anything they got, then you will lose”.
people wihtout cc breakers or the ability to dodge, with little knowledge of the skills or combination used against them will and should ofcouse lose to people which have used time to perfect their combo which is made specificly as a 1trick hit to fight such players

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The problem is not the d/d ele.

The problem is the strength of boons. It’s why guardians and eles and engi’s are the current bunkers — because they have the most access to booons, and Protection boon+ regen and stability is overpowered as kitten.

You have all these classes with extreme boon uptime and access, yet only the necro and to a much lesser extent a mesmer to counter all these overpowered boons. The game just needs more boon removal or less access to boons and a removal of boon duration stacking.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Please don’t feed the troll.

Badly disguised post by someone who doesn’t play Ele wanting them nerfed.

Edited: To be less abrasive.

Really? Here’s proof:

http://i.imgur.com/Dw9aU.jpg

The only other class that I want nerfed is a thief. And oh….look at that. I also have a level 80 thief. I did make some past comments about mesmer’s confusion damage in WvW (where Anet confirmed it does 50% more damage than in PvP) but that’s not calling for a whole class nerf.

So, please stop trying to drag my name through the dirt. Back on topic please!

I agree with you that thieves need a nerf (mainly the stealth issue). I have a elementalist at lvl50 and run around with a staff. I’m curious as to how you would nerf the d/d build?

what would you suggest? sorry if you have already suggested it I basically skimmed this thread.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Please don’t feed the troll.

Badly disguised post by someone who doesn’t play Ele wanting them nerfed.

Edited: To be less abrasive.

Really? Here’s proof:

http://i.imgur.com/Dw9aU.jpg

The only other class that I want nerfed is a thief. And oh….look at that. I also have a level 80 thief. I did make some past comments about mesmer’s confusion damage in WvW (where Anet confirmed it does 50% more damage than in PvP) but that’s not calling for a whole class nerf.

So, please stop trying to drag my name through the dirt. Back on topic please!

I agree with you that thieves need a nerf (mainly the stealth issue). I have a elementalist at lvl50 and run around with a staff. I’m curious as to how you would nerf the d/d build?

what would you suggest? sorry if you have already suggested it I basically skimmed this thread.

Probably the most reliable nerf would be to either weaken boons, or switch Arcana’s Boon duration to Earth or Fire attunement to prevent people from double-dipping on aoe boons on attunement change+ boon duration.

That way, they have to decide between wider access to boons that last a short amount of time, or forget evasive arcana and a second arcana major trait to get fewer boons that last longer.

Problem is, you can’t nerf bunker specs without nerfing burst specs like the thief and mesmer and warrior. These bunker specs are a response to the current state of burst in the game. If you remove the bunkers, it’ll just be an arms race of thief/mesmer/warrior teams vs. thief/mesmer/warrior teams.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrYay.7063

MrYay.7063

With all my respect EvilSardine, you should give more arguments, facts and even numbers or oh, why not builds, because at this stage, it just look like a disguised troll, especially when I see “my heals are absurd”, and mentioning WWW where you engage up to 8 peoples, ah ah. That was a good one. You know that many other classes that can deal with 1vs3, like Warriors, Engineer or Mesmers, don’t you (it is a rhetorical question here)?

I can get the idea that you are bore with your D/D elementalist. I am playing one since early Beta tests and yes, I can confirm that D/D elementalist stands strong with a setup that brings him close to other Damage Dealers in the game with proper amount of HP and Toughness. D/D is all about avoiding damage and boon and they are very good at it when you know how to play one. And why people play D/D Elementalist, it’s because it is one of the most balanced/versatile/fun because dynamic/build of the elementalist.

Now saying that, you probably not have faced good Necro or Thief. A Necro reverse boon-condition/chill or a thief stealth/bleed-poison. What I find quite funny is that these two class (at least) are awesome when you use a build close to what ArenaNet originally designed them for (like a Mesmer/Interruptions).

So, I give you a hug, congratulation, you’re good at D/D. Now go and play with people that knows the meta-game, play tpvp (because this game is balanced around 5v5 encounters) you can even change region, I figured out that people from EU are playing differently from US.

Anyway, thanks for posting, but stating without argument = disinformation.

Peace

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Problem is, you can’t nerf bunker specs without nerfing burst specs like the thief and mesmer and warrior. These bunker specs are a response to the current state of burst in the game. If you remove the bunkers, it’ll just be an arms race of thief/mesmer/warrior teams vs. thief/mesmer/warrior teams.

Well said. I have a level 80 mesmer shatter build and even though they nerfed the might gain on shatter by a third, I can still do good burst damage. Its basically the only way I can survive an attack from a thief. burst him before he bursts me.

Some of the best fights I’ve had are ones that go the distance, where there is no chance to kill someone from full health in a few seconds.

I have no issues with warriors as you can see them approaching a mile off, same with elementalists. bare in mind that I am only talking about WvW here where I don’t have to sit in a small radius with a d/d elementalist and contest a point (as in sPvP). I can dodge their openers easily enough and kite them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

The one d/d build we have, 0/10/0/30/30, is very strong but OP? I don’t know. What bothers me atm is the lack of different specs. It seems that our traits aren’t all that viable and I hope we can run some different builds soon w/o gimping ourselves too much.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I’ll play another class…I can post again in this thread when i have free time..
We can do some duels in a spvp game

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

80 Ele, and I can say for a fact we’re in a very good state right now thanks to D/D.
We can pretty much spike like a Theif and tank enough to survive most stuff.
Some will say otherwise simply because they still need to learn the class yet (specifically D/D build), but I think everyone is noticing that Eles are on a high spot right now in the sPvP meta and WvW as well.

Another thief……

red falcon recent posts (4days ago):

I don’t play Ele myself but I find it the most challenging opponent if the player knows the trick.

in just 4 days he become an experienced ele it seems u.u

This is what you’ll find 90% of times you see posts about strength of ele

I wonder how comes how many thieves player are behaving like this….it could really have something to do with the class maybe…..

Red Falcon is an ele hater (and thief player) from the very start, know him from the guru forms where he used to troll the ele forums for months.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jake.1842

Jake.1842

Clearly I play elementalist wrong then. I’ve been using dagger/dagger on my ele since bwe 1 (next to no pvp, pretty much all pve). I’ve never once felt overpowered or too tanky or any of that other bull kitten. That’s probably because I don’t use them cantrip things which make it easy to run away from fights.

Where is the fun in a fight if all you do is go in, hit a couple things, then run away when you’re losing. If you’re bored, change your build to something more challenging where you don’t just run away with RTL or Mist Form. Don’t be such a kitten and maybe you’ll enjoy yourself more.

Doing 100% world completion I had over 1k deaths. It was fun as hell, I just ran in, killed kitten, died a lot, but I still killed kitten. And had a kitten load of fun while doing it.

I’ve got a level 80 thief with world completion as well, and I must say my build on that was way more overpowered for pve than what I used on my ele. Which was a similar, run in and kill kitten, don’t back down like a kitten build. Based around dagger dagger spam 3 (I like aoe’s and it’s like the only 1).

Point is, if you’re bored because your perfect build is perfect and awesome and good, how about changing it to give yourself more of a challenge. There are 5 trait lines, a kitten tonne of skills, and like 5 different weapon combinations. Find a build which is as strong as the build you use now would be if it were nerfed. That way you can enjoy yourself and not be bored.

Faelinor | Sanctum of Rall

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seed.5714

Seed.5714

what should I do ? laugh because all this non sense.. or cry because I see people who want to nerf me..

seriously since daOphenix has made this build popular… we ll see a lot of elem spe D/D (is a very good build) but is not op compared to other build.. and you have to be able to play it..

just all those looser who are loosing and have considererd the elem like a easy target in WvW now are facepalm that’s all.. come back on earth and just try to be a better player in the futur… what’ is the next excuse.. you can go for the thief also who those 18k damage in 2sec, perma fufu.. +clipping.. or the guardian. or the mesmer. or etc etc etc stop kittening with the elem..

Dee Namo/Oken Toshan, GNou, Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Spike like a thief.. really? Has the thief been nerfed that much? Only two spells on the elementalist D/D menu does high spike damage (if lucky). Fire Grab and Churning Earth. Both not simple to use, as in “pressing x button and voila”. One requires your opponent to be burning (for optimal damage) and the other takes forever to cast, and is very easy to dodge.

I would call that statement a bit exaggerated to be honest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KooB.6503

KooB.6503

the original poster is probably trolling.
or just feeling hard after a good wvw run.
Honestly, d/d eles can be countered by people that know what they are doing. quite easily. They are hard to kill, when they are bunker builds but no way in hell can they kill you easily. Our high healing capability compensates for our low burst. Note, I am referring to the bunker build. Yes we may be able to wittle down your hp in a duel and essentially stay at full health, after about 2 loops through our elements if ur an amateur u’d obviously be dead. but we don’t have burst like a thief or mesmer. In fact, I always have trouble with shatter mesmers( The good ones). I am yet to figure out how to fight them because they have such high damage and I just don’t .

All that I agree with is that we are very mobile. nothing wrong with that. Thieves stealth a butt load. Mesmers can be tough to kill. The rest is just people being immature and annoying.

Just get on our level and dont hop on this forum to give us kitten. Ele is the most complicated class to play. and No we’re not OP. Most of us are just traited and geared for healing power. But our dps sucks. My fire grab can do a measly 3k dmg to a burning glass cannon foe. This is the most I’ve ever hit. unlike u 8k and 14k thieves, mesmers, warriors and guardians.

gtfo

- Twin Doggy Dawg

in Elementalist

Erebus.7568

what i don’t get is this:
first of ele at LAST found ONE usable build (not even that effective, easily countered and other classes can do this better and more efficient) and people are screaming nerf -.-

in ANY mmo, if you set up a Full out TANK vs a SQUICY dps with no support, tank will win almost every fight(gw2 is not balanced for solo nor for zerg gameplay, its balanced for team tpvp gameplay).
if you do TvT with full TANKS team vs a well rounded team of tank, dps, support, tanks will get rolf.

the whole issue they are trying to call nerf on is that a “tank” ele can actually work as a tank….

it’s freaking crazy to call nerf becouse a class can actually do ONE job effectively o.O he doesnt even do it better then other classes which build pure tank and that is the ONLY build he can do in pvp which doesnt get instantly shutdown.

unless the best D/D ele can win every fight(or vast majority) vs the best players in the world it is not op, and i will bet you that it cannot stand toe to toe with the best of other classes even in this area of bunkering.

some wierd minded people here are screaming about nerfs but have yet to provide any kind of proof, even the mathematical proof of why the ele should be op in D/D.
if you claim something like this and doesnt even provide the math on skills, dmg and layout of realistic scenario then your just stating stuff which really doesnt fit to what is true.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

So… was that a no on you posting a video of your God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals Elementalist?

I’m shocked. Shocked I tell you.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

RTL needs to have a 30 second cooldown. With this one fix, the d/d spec would be balanced. Currently, you RTL into the enemy, unload with your combos, and RTL out fairly safely. Most of the time, i don’t bother using Cantrips other than Earth Armor.

Increase the RTL cooldown to solve most of the issues you guys discuss.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

RTL needs to have a 30 second cooldown. With this one fix, the d/d spec would be balanced. Currently, you RTL into the enemy, unload with your combos, and RTL out fairly safely. Most of the time, i don’t bother using Cantrips other than Earth Armor.

Increase the RTL cooldown to solve most of the issues you guys discuss.

The most Anet would ever do ( and strongly doubt they will) is increase the CD by 5s, more than that will never happen on its own, in the case they do double the CD what happen is they’d double/triple the dmg or add secondary effects ( EX a 2s daze) I can see a 30s CD only in that case.

An even so…no nerf will ever allow a baddie to stand toe to toe with a well played ele, because to simply put it – no decent ele spamm skills on rotation – , a good ele won’t use rtl to start a fight anyway, as that would cut any chance of a quick withdraw should that happen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

The only thing I agree with is RTL needs a slightly higher CD. It’s rather frustrating to vs them with my necro but giving me a chance to run would be nice lol.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

The only thing I agree with is RTL needs a slightly higher CD. It’s rather frustrating to vs them with my necro but giving me a chance to run would be nice lol.

Then warrior GS/sword move skills would need a cooldown extension as well, just because something frustrates you doesn’t mean it needs nerfing.

A tip for your necro, don’t run from a fight (why would a necro fear death anyway?).

You effectively have 3 HP bars and a crapton of gtaoe, your class isn’t built around mobility. Facetank their burst, full heal yourself by turning green, reverse all their pretty boons. A well necro simply standing in his marks of holycrapyoudiedfromconditionspam will have me using ride the lightning, but in the opposite direction as fast as I can. D/D elementalist has no effective ranged attacks, use this to your advantage. Necro trying to run, however, is a tasty snack.

If you aren’t running staff/wells don’t complain about D/D elementalists, you have a spec which is a hard counter to theirs, your choice to use it or not. I’m not complaining that I can’t kill backstab thieves with a glass cannon conjured weapons build…… (as in, I know minions/some weapons/etc aren’t viable for necro, but hey, most specs aren’t viable for elementalist either, I may want to play dagger/focus elementalist with glyphs or a conjured weapons build, but well, I only do those for the laughs in pve because they don’t work in pvp)

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Make RtL an enemy targetted shadowstep instead of a freely castable movement skill.

Bam, now eles have to actually plan an escape instead of just facerolling into a pile of enemies knowing they can easily teleport away if it goes poorly. This will solve most of the whining about d/d eles, because the bad ones will actually occasionally die without their get out of jail free card.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Make RtL an enemy targetted shadowstep instead of a freely castable movement skill.

Bam, now eles have to actually plan an escape instead of just facerolling into a pile of enemies knowing they can easily teleport away if it goes poorly. This will solve most of the whining about d/d eles, because the bad ones will actually occasionally die without their get out of jail free card.

Cool, do that and make burning speed a spammable leap finisher like heartseeker.

( I actually wouldn’t mind if they did make rtl function like thief steal, but I’d be willing to bet you’d see a lot more QQ from other classes about it than you do now….. Also not sure it would take more skill to randomly click a deer or enemy straggler then rtl then it currently does to make sure you don’t have a target selected before using it.)

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Elementalist

Blix.8021

Cool, do that and make burning speed a spammable leap finisher like heartseeker.

( I actually wouldn’t mind if they did make rtl function like thief steal, but I’d be willing to bet you’d see a lot more QQ from other classes about it than you do now….. Also not sure it would take more skill to randomly click a deer or enemy straggler then rtl then it currently does to make sure you don’t have a target selected before using it.)

If you click a deer it will keep you in combat for a while longer, giving people some small chance to keep up, same with a straggler. Free movement + survivability = too low risk. There’s a reason why warrior GS has the free charges and not the shield.

Edit: I know critters dont keep you in combat, but at least normal mobs would

(edited by Blix.8021)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Even though I know EvilSardine is a troll, I agree with him (this time). The mobility of the DD ele is too extreme. Which is obviously why it has become so popular in the WvW meta. ANet will nerf the DD ele. It’s just going to happen. They didn’t need to read any forum posts to know it needed a nerf. So, when you DD elese get your nerf don’t blame EvilSardine for it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

I got a d/d ele and I got a bunker mez. I fight you on my bunker mez.

Just send me a whisper.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

What about this:

1) Make dragon’s tooth a 1s cast animation….so enemies have to actually waste a dodge
2) Make phoenix a 1s cast animation…so enemies have to actually waste a dodge
3) Make lava font apply dmg immediately….so enemies have to actually waste a dodge
4) Make eruption a 1s cast animation…so enemies have to actually waste a dodge
5) Make shatterstone a 1s cast animation…so enemies have to actually waste a dodge
6) Etc etc etc

Moral: The number of ele skills you can avoid without any plan or dodge is 20x the number of skills you assume we can use without planning

See? Baddies always see things their way..never the other way around…also so dumb to ask nerfs because a dude play “catch me if you can” while specced to SURVIVE against a bunch of lv10 baddies zerging in WvWvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: twwizzie.3842

twwizzie.3842

I kinda must agree on this that the Ele is more a tank then Warrior / Guardian who are supposed to be the tank class in this game ( look at armor )

And then the one who does the most damage ( or should be ) can hold of 5-10-15 people depending on the skill of the person.

I dont write alot here but yes i agree that D/D Elementalist are way to overpowered.

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

RTL is fine. Ele is the squishiest class out there. By limiting movement you are pushing people into a corner, making lasting/bunkerish builds the way to go for those that do not want to die immediately. That is extremely bad, as Anet is (very slowly) trying to make more builds viable.

Bunker = Low damage output, which isn’t fun to play and pose no real threat to competent players.

Necros can easily kill an ele if they play well. Toughness won’t help against condition damage, and there are limits to condition removal, even as an ele, mind you.

in Elementalist

Blix.8021

What about this:

1) Make dragon’s tooth a 1s cast animation….so enemies have to actually waste a dodge
3) Make lava font apply dmg immediately….so enemies have to actually waste a dodge
5) Make shatterstone a 1s cast animation…so enemies have to actually waste a dodge
6) Etc etc etc

Moral: The number of ele skills you can avoid without any plan or dodge is 20x the number of skills you assume we can use without planning

See? Baddies always see things their way..never the other way around…also so dumb to ask nerfs because a dude play “catch me if you can” while specced to SURVIVE against a bunch of lv10 baddies zerging in WvWvW

Sorry, but I have an 80 d/d ele. It’s stupid to have such survivability and mobility on one character. Makes my other cahracters feel useless.

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

The elementalist has low damage, but fine healing skills (except focus). If you nerf our mobility or healing, you have to increase the overall damage of skills quite a bit to make up for it. I would rather be able to dish out good damage, instead of running away from fights.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

What about this:

6) Etc etc etc

Sorry, but I have an 80 d/d ele. It’s stupid to have such survivability and mobility on one character. Makes my other cahracters feel useless.

Sorry I’m a TPvPer and the word of WvWvW player hold no weight on balance decision, unfortunately for you GW2 PvP start and end in tournaments, you’re not a PvPer, you’ve never even played a single tournament in your life ( let alone paid tournament) so to say ele should be nerfed because you can escape well in a pure PvE format against equally skilled PvE players…it’s ridicolous to say the least.

Show me a single video of you “surviving” in tPvP against r40+ opponents as you claim…in the meantime you can keep posting these wild accusations of yours..ty cya

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

Enough with this thread seriously..should we really be concerned about the opinion of pve players playing in a pve format, who ask for nerfs which would affect REAL PvP also?

in Elementalist

Blix.8021

You sound mad.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

What about this:

6) Etc etc etc

Sorry, but I have an 80 d/d thief. It’s stupid to have such survivability and mobility on one character. Makes my other cahracters feel useless.

See what I did there?

GW2 – the flavor of pvp where people complain about other people running away because you can’t get your epic lootz and badges

Bonus: I don’t actually have a thief.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Smitten.3076

Smitten.3076

I can’t speak for spvp, as I don’t enjoy it thus don’t play it.

When the changes come for D/D ele I do hope they take a look at other builds, some cast time reductions on Scepter surely. Trait lines need some work as well, given most professions seem to need the same trait tweaking. I’m not sure exactly how the changes will hit the build, I don’t think they can touch cantrip’s at this point and to many nerfs penalize the S/D users. Perhaps just a RTL cooldown increase with some trait changes will correct the current issue.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

You sound mad.

And your videos?
Got any QP? Won any paid/free tournaments? Are you r40+? Any champion XX title? etc etc

Yeah..I prefer to be mad but still able to follow a correct line of logic rather than sound stupid when trying to be a wise man on something I’ve got absolutely no clue about..ty cya

in Elementalist

Blix.8021

What about this:

6) Etc etc etc

Sorry, but I have an 80 d/d thief. It’s stupid to have such survivability and mobility on one character. Makes my other cahracters feel useless.

See what I did there?

GW2 – the flavor of pvp where people complain about other people running away because you can’t get your epic lootz and badges

Thief mobility is annoying too, but they are nowhere near as tanky as a d/d ele.

in Elementalist

Adastra.9821

What about this:

6) Etc etc etc

See what I did there?

Thief mobility is annoying too, but they are nowhere near as tanky as a d/d ele.

Ele mobility is annoying too, but they don’t spike nearly as much as a d/d thief.

As mentioned many times, this build does decent damage but nowhere what you would call a spike. It’s a build to outlast opponents with a steady stream of damage. If they run away, you’ve already won. Failed to spike the ele? Most players will just stay around trying to kill the ele (that is built to outlast them) while having an overconfidence in their skill and/or build and then whine they couldn’t kill them. This type of ele build might be able to keep up with players running away but they won’t kill them unless they’re on the verge of death, which is the point at which most players might try to run away.

in Elementalist

Blix.8021

I don’t think a build that never dies unless the person playing the build is stupid is balanced. It’s not gamebreakingly overpowered, but nobody should be able to roll a god-mode never die class even if the damage it puts out is mediocre.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

I kinda must agree on this that the Ele is more a tank then Warrior / Guardian who are supposed to be the tank class in this game ( look at armor )

And then the one who does the most damage ( or should be ) can hold of 5-10-15 people depending on the skill of the person.

I dont write alot here but yes i agree that D/D Elementalist are way to overpowered.

What are you smoking and where do you play because it doesn’t work that way in most neighbourhoods…

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

Tanky eles with little to no damage output, yes. How can you be intimidated by builds with little offensive capability?

This thread is redundant.

Check out the “TIPS FOR DEFEATING D/D ELE” thread. You will find your answers there, instead of bickering and whining here. Learning and trying to counter other professions is harder and requires more time than whining on forums, demanding nerfs (because you are lazy).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Tips-for-defeating-DD-Ele/first#post1183357

in Elementalist

Smitten.3076

Or…

Some of us know how to counter them, have played the build and still agree it’s going to get nerfed. Claiming the standard D/D Ele has no damage output is a lie, simply because a build doesn’t spam large numbers doesn’t mean it doesn’t have damage output.

in Elementalist

Adastra.9821

god-mode never die class even if the damage it puts out is mediocre.

Now here lies the true intention of those calling for a nerf to this build. They don’t have a problem with the ele per se, but actually bunker and defensive builds in general. The day they nerf the ele bunker is the day they nerf defensive boons since that’s where a lot of the ele’s defenses comes from since they have the lowest base health and defense. If they separate this in xpvp and wvw (pve), you bet they’re going to tick off nearly their entire player base since the pve players (most people in this thread come from a wvw perspective) are definitely not going to appreciate this. And when they do this, they better nerf burst also or they’re going stir up another whole poopstorm.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

Or…

Some of us know how to counter them, have played the build and still agree it’s going to get nerfed. Claiming the standard D/D Ele has no damage output is a lie, simply because a build doesn’t spam large numbers doesn’t mean it doesn’t have damage output.

Sorry to break your bubble but….the developers have already stated this:

1) D/D was/is in need of help ( aka no nerfs incoming)
2) Ele auto-attacks are too low in dmg ( aka buffs incoming)
3) Ele burst is very rough ( aka buffs incoming)
4) Traits….soon to be buffed

Source : Developer John Peter
In the end other weapon sets will be buffed, d/d may be changed ( never the nerfs you’re hoping for though) and more traits/utilities will become available..and the end result?
The qq will never end, it’s easier to cry when losing than get better XD

in Elementalist

Smitten.3076

Hi Champ, I wondered when you would hop onto my message in yet another wonderfully condescending message. Link the source. Never the nerf’s I am hoping for? You mean you don’t think they will touch the builds mobility, or tweak traits? I’ve played the build, it’s currently to strong, you can bury your head in the sand all you like. I don’t play broken builds , certainly not ones that require as little skill in WvW as the D/D Ele build. It’s not crying, its stating the obvious … perhaps you should play against the build before staunchly defending it.