NEW Elementalist bugs and glitches thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Draaky.2436

Draaky.2436

Scepter sounds still bugged when auto attacking.
The screams its making me go mad!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

Signet Of Air supposed to give now 25% boost on movement speed.
When used it still keeps saying only 10% movement speed boost is active…

It still gives that 25% boost of movement speed or atleast so it seems.

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grant.1927

Grant.1927

From the previous patch notes:

“Shocking Aura: This aura is no longer incorrectly considered a boon. The aura will no longer be affected by boon duration, but also cannot be ripped by boon removal skills.”

Was playing WvW yesterday after the patch, and a thief managed to steal Shocking Aura using the trait Bountiful Theft. I have not tested with other auras or boon removals/steals.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Staff AoE skills start damaging at the end of the first second of their animation instead of right from the start. NPC fields start working right away, so this is probably a bug.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: themaster.9802

themaster.9802

Can’t transmute Elemental Eyes at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Can’t transmute Elemental Eyes at all.

Although for some reason you can see the Elemental Eye on your character selection screen, you can’t see them in-game

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

The range for the boons granted by Elemental Attunement differs per element.

Also, Blasting Staff doesn’t increase every AoE, just some.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zanaraxtarus.3954

Zanaraxtarus.3954

Wow.. No wonder my ele seemed so confusing… So many of the things I was expecting to happen after using certain hotkeys are bugged… As big of a relief as disappointment.. Relief because now I know I haven’t totally lost my mind. Disappointment because SEVERAL of these things would be insanely easy to fix…. Time to roll a Mez or Eng I guess.. Will come back to ele sometime later…..maybe

in Elementalist

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

I play an elementalist as my main and this is just shocking how many bugs we have to deal with. I hope there is a major update soon that fixes the majority if these.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naneth.1096

Naneth.1096

Dragons tooth lacks a los check. Definate problem in wvw where siege that is easily safe from even the extended meteor shower is removed rapidly from the back of the walls.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Synsane.5189

Synsane.5189

You cannot use Dragons Tooth and then Stomp someone. The DT will do 0 damage.

DT will also do 0 damage when you DT and then press esc on your auto attack, however, if you right click your auto attack to disable it, the DT will always hit.

This is a big problem for someone like me who likes to put up a DT before I go in for a stomp to keep the target down if being ressed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Final Shielding still doesn’t work properly, if you receive many bursts it simply bypasses activation…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nerglor.1784

Nerglor.1784

Is anyone else noticing that Arc Lightning (air attuned scepter auto attack) does not cancel the animation when something dies, or you run away?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Let’s say if you have 5-6 swiftness skills with auro, heal or etc.

After you get 50sec-1min swiftness, some of those skills doesnt add swiftness to your current swiftness. Mostly it happens when you grant swiftness in 2-3sec before you apply a new one.

And I think this is not specific to swiftness, it is same for fury. But i cannot talk about othes since i cannot have that much of them.

The game behaves like that “Hey what you gonna do that so much swiftness on you. I wont give you all you want just some of you want.”

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

rhodoc.2381

Burning speed’s blast happens on its mid way in WvW. Not sure it is just graphical or actual.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Magnetic Grasp for Dagger/Dagger is still so shadyyyyyyy on terrain that blocks it _
On Clocktower it’s really bad if you try to grasp someone that’s on point with you even. Makes you go back and forth about 10 times haha XD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hypno.2649

Hypno.2649

Soooo 3 months, how many skills we have fixed? :p

Any reason Mist Form (from downed state) inflicts 1400ish damage when it expires?

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Let’s say if you have 5-6 swiftness skills with auro, heal or etc.

After you get 50sec-1min swiftness, some of those skills doesnt add swiftness to your current swiftness. Mostly it happens when you grant swiftness in 2-3sec before you apply a new one.

And I think this is not specific to swiftness, it is same for fury. But i cannot talk about othes since i cannot have that much of them.

The game behaves like that “Hey what you gonna do that so much swiftness on you. I wont give you all you want just some of you want.”

There’s a cap on most boons, somewhere around 2 minutes I’ve read somewhere.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimelessPanda.8207

TimelessPanda.8207

My Asuran Elementalist has constant problems with magnetic grasp where at close range or obstruction by a wall(using for immobilization) gets me stuck within the air and still able to take damage for a good 3-4 seconds

Firefox Ascended : Guardian
Jade Quarry (Commander)
Strike Force

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Soooo 3 months, how many skills we have fixed? :p

Any reason Mist Form (from downed state) inflicts 1400ish damage when it expires?

it inflicts the same amount of your max hp. when the state ends you die again. if you look at the kill screen itll show it doing your max health

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naneth.1096

Naneth.1096

“Swirling Winds” intercepts and blocks catapult and trebuchet shots. Havent tested cannons. As guardians can no longer do this with their projectile blockers I think this is a bug/oversight that eles can.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hypno.2649

Hypno.2649

it inflicts the same amount of your max hp. when the state ends you die again. if you look at the kill screen itll show it doing your max health

Ahh, so its 14k I see flash up then
Now I know why I am getting double ‘downed state’ stacking debuffs. Wonder if that is intended.

(edited by Hypno.2649)

in Elementalist

Posted by: KwonBiribiri.8140

KwonBiribiri.8140

Ride The Lightning proc’s Sigil of Hydromancy. Don’t know if this is intended or not.

EDIT: Looks like RTL procs On Weapon Swap sigils. It proc Sigil of Battle too.

(edited by KwonBiribiri.8140)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

“Swirling Winds” intercepts and blocks catapult and trebuchet shots. Havent tested cannons. As guardians can no longer do this with their projectile blockers I think this is a bug/oversight that eles can.

Have you tried using guardian absorbs instead of the wall of reflection?

There are many scenarios where wall works and winds doesn’t, or vice versa. Apparently the language of the tooltip matters (I.e. swirling winds “destroys” whereas wall “reflects”)

I’m not saying it isn’t a bug, just saying maybe that’s how anet justifies it shrug

Also, this list of bugs is so depressing…. Not much has changed since I posted here months ago.

I have faith in you anet.., we are patiently waiting

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

The trait “Stone Splinters” says within the range of 50. Not sure if the trait works, but the description seems off, as 50 is standing inside someone almost.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jae.9682

Jae.9682

After re-adding the blast finisher to evasive arcana – earth, evasive arcana – water no longer triggers at all.

Jae Sun, Jae of Arc, Jae Kal, Jae Khan, Jae Barka, Jae Hemingway
Original Member of Blackgate.
Member of HB.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

After re-adding the blast finisher to evasive arcana – earth, evasive arcana – water no longer triggers at all.

I feel that this is the case too but I think it’s just the animation that’s missing, but EA on water attune still seems to heal though. Not quite sure. Need more testing. Can anyone confirm?

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I’m not sure if it’s listed but whenever I am holding a Conjure Weapon (specifically Frost Bow and Greatsword), and enters mist form (utility skill), the Conjure dissappears from my hand after mist form. Is this intended or a bug?

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

I feel that this is the case too but I think it’s just the animation that’s missing, but EA on water attune still seems to heal though. Not quite sure. Need more testing. Can anyone confirm?

Still getting the heal and cleanse, but no animation. It’s technically fine.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redemption.2140

Redemption.2140

I’m seriously peeved that Zephyr’s Speed and One With Air DON’T give speed boosts. At all. Zilch. Nada.

FIX IT GORRAM IT! >.<

And now I have to respec because it’s worthless to invest in the Air talent line if I’m not going to get the benefits!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

Aquamancer’s Alacrity doesn’t seem to work at all. Is there a list of working traits somewhere?
I was wrong.

(edited by Kashrlyyk.5364)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Comaetilico.3645

Comaetilico.3645

Aquamancer’s Alacrity doesn’t seem to work at all. Is there a list of working traits somewhere?

it was working quite fine up to a few hours ago (when I logged off)… at least with staff (last dagger test was yesterday and last scepter test a week ago… all after the last patch… and all working)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

it was working quite fine up to a few hours ago (when I logged off)… at least with staff (last dagger test was yesterday and last scepter test a week ago… all after the last patch… and all working)

You are right. I didn’t know that it changes the tooltip description, too.

in Elementalist

rhodoc.2381

Conjure Greatswords

%30 of the time i suumon a GS and yet i dont get the sword in my hand but i have the 15 charge buffs an 1min cd buff on me without GS in my hands.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Comaetilico.3645

Comaetilico.3645

Conjure Greatswords

%30 of the time i suumon a GS and yet i dont get the sword in my hand but i have the 15 charge buffs an 1min cd buff on me without GS in my hands.

known issue related to on swap sigil with animation (hydromancy and geomancy) now (since a few patch) proccing when summoning the weapon… the double animation (sigil and weapon summoned in your hand) generate this bug where the sigil animation get the best and cancel the weapon in your hand… silly and really disturbing bug than can also be abused (to get a +180 precision and 5% crit dmg for 1 min with 1 min cd by using the hammer with one of those sigil equipped…)

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

I have the same trouble with it not appearing in my hand. Using the flame axe though. Really annoying.

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

When using Cleansing Water at Jormag (with Elemental Attunement), right after it fears you on the second half of the battle (where it spawns ice spikes), you can get stuck and won’t be able to move at all, until it fears you again or unless you have Lightning Flash ready. Occured twice for me now, so thought I would mention it. It only happens when you use Cleansing Water the very moment the fear sets in.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Meril.1032

Meril.1032

Sometimes the trait Zephyr’s Boon doesn’t proc with shocking aura.

After some test i understand that if you have more than 30 sec of fury the trait Zephyr’s Boon doesn’t proc more fury, is normal?

(edited by Meril.1032)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Heat Wave ocasionally inflicts burning on the caster.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

Arcane Blast and Arcane Wave has approximately the same damage. When used on a dummy, the output is the same. Arcane Wave should be doing almost twice the damage Arcane Blast does, according to the description of the spell, yet it is not the case.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Lightning flash is cancelling channeled abilities. I don’t know what specific interaction is doing it, but there’s a chance when flashing something that the ability just disappears and never goes off.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scottakastine.1495

Scottakastine.1495

A bug that I have encountered is in the ice fractal if you use Ride the Lightning on the final boss right as he teleports up to the top you can become stuck in the wall and are unable to move until the boss comes down and you use Ride the Lightning again.

Thanks,

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mina.1784

Mina.1784

The first water skill, Vapor Blade, makes your main and off-hand dagger as well as your back slot disappear. I think the main hand is intentional, but the off-hand and back slot don’t make sense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The resurrection signet doesn’t work well for me. Usually it doen’t ressurect the person standing in front of me even if I click on them first. Also, it doesn’t resurrect me either as it should when I cast it attuned to fire.

Balance-wise the casting time seems really slow – considering it rarely works you might as well scrap that skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The staff doesn’t aim well and sometimes aim at the wrong target when changing targets quickly.

in Elementalist

rhodoc.2381

Sometimes the trait Zephyr’s Boon doesn’t proc with shocking aura.

After some test i understand that if you have more than 30 sec of fury the trait Zephyr’s Boon doesn’t proc more fury, is normal?

This is true for adding any boon into boon that is already 30+ sec. i dont know this is intended to be soft cap or a bug.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Angel.5468

Angel.5468

Tested speed increase of Signet of air, arcane trait IX (15% more movement speed with daggers) and air adept 1 (10% more movement speed while attuned to air)
Path is: Heart of the mists, DPS trials waypoint -> follow torches to the torch close to the siege master
untraited means after I hit the refund all traits button
weapon and attunement are clear
no signet of air means that I replaced it on my utility bar. It specifically does not mean that I triggered it to get rid of the effect (I think that this way I can be “surer” that it’s effect doesn’t linger due to a bug.)

untraited, staff, fire attuned, no signet of air: 22 sec
untraited, staff, fire attuned, signet of air: 18 sec (1/1.25 = 0.8, 18/22 = 0.81… , well within the tolerances of measurement)
air trait adept 1, staff, air attuned, no signet of air: 22 sec (no joy)
air trait adept 1, staff, air attuned, signet of air: 18 sec (just signet of air effect)
arcana IX, daggers, fire attuned, no signet of air: 22 sec (no joy)

Since I’m not paid to beta test, I just ran one more test:
air trait adept 1 + arcana IX, daggers, air attuned, signet of air: 19 sec (within the tolerances of measurement, just signet of air effect)

Conclusion:
Air adept 1 and arcana IX don’t work.
Signet of airs tooltip is correct, but misleading.

(edited by Angel.5468)

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

Arcane power + Elemental Surge + Tornado do not work in combination.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Cleansing Water works as intended. Runes of Dwayna bonus 4 only activates on “Healing Skills”.

While Cleansing Water does heal, it is not a Healing Skill.

Healing Skills are only slot 6 skills.