NEW Elementalist bugs and glitches thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

I am pretty sure there is an internal cooldown on combo finishers in combo fields Arcanorum Ignis. But I am not 100% sure. Casting both the arcane blast and wave at the same time do not provide both combo finisher buffs. Although, if I am wrong, then I guess we can add that to the list of bugs.

You clearly haven’t read or properly understood my post…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Congratulations, Magnetic Grasp is now broken… You use it, sit in mid-air for several seconds until you are hit before can do anything. Hoozah!

Edit: I tested it 10x in row vs Svanir in sPvP setup.

I haven’t seen this happening. Can anyone else confirm?

Arcane Blast is a projectile finisher or whatever it is called. Its combo finisher is to stack Vulnerability on the target.

Anything that states “combo finisher” in a combo field, will present some form of effect. Maybe I should have added something like that ring of fire to specify. When casted 1 after the other with a short interval you’d gain 6 stacks of might. Casting both simultaneously gives 3.

No, casting both one right after the other would give you 3 stacks of might (from Arcane Wave, a blast finisher) and put burning on the target (Arcane Blast, projectile finisher).

UPDATED TO THIS POINT. Phew. Finally.

NEED INPUT
I see a lot of people talking about stunbreaks failing (cantrips) but I haven’t been able to reproduce this. I also haven’t been able to reproduce the bug where you can still be CC’d during Armor of Earth. Is anyone still having these problems? If not, I will probably remove those bugs in the next day or so.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Elementalist

Posted by: OddFinrir.6801

OddFinrir.6801

Using a staff, I can’t seem to have my eruption combo speed buff work when a D/D elementalist puts down Fire Ring at the start. I can’t really replicate this with only one account so I’m not entirely sure it’s the Fire Ring skill or all the other skills used at the start from the other person.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Small bug with Arcane utility “Arcane Power” and Staff Air skill 1:
the last crit bonus charge will only give 100% crit on the first target the skill hits, but not on subsequent targets

in Elementalist

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

In regards to testing “Casting Times” on any skills.

“Please make sure when this is being done, your framerate is 60 or over. If your framerate drops below 60, the server still updates in realtime, but since the player’s framerate isn’t 1 : 1 or better, the animation and everything runs slightly slower on your end. "

This is important to note in the most graphically demanding maps and World vs World where one of my comps (480 GTX SLI) runs with 60+ FPS, and another runs with 50+ average and everything takes longer on the 50+ one. Guild Wars 2 is an extremely CPU-Intensive game.

Hard to see if the Slowdown is from the hardware running the game or actually from the server itself.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mikura.1890

Mikura.1890

Ride the lightining/Lightning Flash:
If you use Lightning Flash during Ride the lightining animation, the teleport will fail and Lightning Flash will go on cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Mist Form/Glyph of Elemental Power (probably all other skills too): If you use mistform while casting GoEP the cast finishes and goes on cooldown but you get no heal. Doesn’t make any sense because you can cast it while in mistform, and you can use mistform while stomping without interrupting it.

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

Mist Form/Glyph of Elemental Power (probably all other skills too): If you use mistform while casting GoEP the cast finishes and goes on cooldown but you get no heal. Doesn’t make any sense because you can cast it while in mistform, and you can use mistform while stomping without interrupting it.

Do you mean Glyph of Elemental Harmony?

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

Yea I ment the heal glyph, Harmony of course. But as I said it probably happens to every skill that has a casttime.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Vapor form has a chance to revive you. If you spam #2 yust before dying it sometimes brings you in Vapor form before you got really downed.
The moment he Vapor form ends, you are still alive and have 50% of your health

Happened 4 times today

Ps.. To above.. The heal heals me while in mistform.. Always.

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Melkiah.2496

Melkiah.2496

I noticed today that glyph of renewal cast time is totally bugged: if you look at in the skills list, you’ll notice that the stated cast time is 1¼ seconds. Only if you equip it in the skill bar the cast time will become 4¼ secs. Also, underwater casting time is set to half second and it works fine. Making it cast with the stated cast time (1¼s) will make this skill useful once again.

Melkiah Soulreaper
VII Guild
Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Melkiah.2496

Melkiah.2496

Vapor form has a chance to revive you. If you spam #2 yust before dying it sometimes brings you in Vapor form before you got really downed.
The moment he Vapor form ends, you are still alive and have 50% of your health

Happened 4 times today

Ps.. To above.. The heal heals me while in mistform.. Always.

You probably rallied while in vapor form…

Melkiah Soulreaper
VII Guild
Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: snsdmarryme.3721

snsdmarryme.3721

The elite skill Tornado underwater is broken. That skill can be interrupted by mobs, when that happens, your skill stops doing damages but you never return to your character form. This basically makes you a sitting duck for direct damages.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

The arcane shield trait doesn’t work if you take too much burst damage.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fey Zeal.7032

Fey Zeal.7032

Many if not all the hits from the Trident (5th Water skill) “Tidal Wave” miss almost always even while in range, is this a bug?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Lingering Elements is of no use it appears. In the beta there was an attunement bonus apparently, but no more.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Magnetic Grasp is now broken…

I haven’t seen this happening. Can anyone else confirm?

NEED INPUT
I see a lot of people talking about stunbreaks failing (cantrips) but I haven’t been able to reproduce this. I also haven’t been able to reproduce the bug where you can still be CC’d during Armor of Earth. Is anyone still having these problems? If not, I will probably remove those bugs in the next day or so.

I’m pretty sure this has happened to me even in recent days out and about in the world, so I just tried Magnetic Grasp a few times against Svanir and Chieftain Utahein in the Mists to rule out terrain or other circumstances, and occasionally still got “self-CC’d”. It is much more reliable than it used to be since this “Magnetic Grasp: The responsiveness of skills used after this skill has been improved.” patch note, but its still not fixed.

As far as Cantrips are concerned, Lightning Flash hasn’t changed from what’s listed as bugs already. I’m fairly certain its more of a terrain issue than a skill issue though, much like Mesmer’s Phase Retreat occasionally placing them under the world or a Thief’s Shadowstep effects failing. Lightning Flash will fire, you can see the lightning bolts appear at your targeted location, but your character will not move, or will not move the full distance. A similar result can be created by targeting LF halfway up a vertical wall. The reticule is still green, but there’s just no way your character will end up where you are aiming. (Just going to stress the similar part.. its not an ideal replication because obviously you aren’t going to walk on the vertical face of a wall, but it is the exact same result.) I can truly recreate this bug in the final boss room of Submarine path in Crucible of Eternity.

Armor of Earth’s issues are a bit harder to replicate.
A player can still be CCd if they try to anticipate a move and use Armor of Earth for stability before the control effect is applied, instead of breaking it afterward. In this case, it may be related to server-client latency. Client sees an incoming control effect and uses Armor of Earth to prevent it, but the server has already applied the control effect by the time it gets the message. If Armor of Earth client-side has to request the stun break, it may skip that because the client isn’t stunned when the skill is used. The server applies the boons, but doesn’t break any CC.

Man that bit looks so clear in my head, but I know it sounds like gibberish.. I hope its understandable.

There is a bug listed saying Blasting Staff doesn’t increase the reticule size for skills. Just played around with this a bit, and it increases both tooltip radius numbers and reticule size for some skills.
Fire 2; Water 2, 3, 4 and 5; Air 5; Earth 2 – these skills all are updated correctly.
Fire 1, 3 and 5; Air 2 – These skills have radial components but are not affected by the trait.
Water 1; Air 4 – These skills have radial components that are not attacks, so I am unsure if these should be affected or not (probably not, as the trait reads “Area attacks with staff are larger”)

Also just want to add that meteors from Meteor Shower can land outside the storm radius (with and without the Blasting Staff trait, which has no apparent effect on this skill). Tooltip says 360, its probably more like 400.

A lot more text than anticipated, sorry!

(edited by Klutzy Charlatan.4820)

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

Lightning flash: I can understand that there are places where they don’t want you to be able to teleport to. But when it fails it shouldn’t go on full cooldown, but maximum of 1-2 seconds.

in Elementalist

Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Lightning flash: I can understand that there are places where they don’t want you to be able to teleport to. But when it fails it shouldn’t go on full cooldown, but maximum of 1-2 seconds.

I agree, and that probably would be the easiest solution, but ideally, if the target location is someplace they don’t want you to teleport to, you shouldn’t be able to use the skill (the reticule should stay red)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

this is shocking…. are all these bugs still active?

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

this is shocking…. are all these bugs still active?

Alas, they are. And then other players wonder why elementalists whine so much on the forums, when for example necros get 20 bugs fixed in a single patch but we only get 1 nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

On evasive arcana I never seem to get anything happen when I dodge in air attunement. Is this a bug?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

Air evasive arcana gives an aoe blind, only in combat though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Evasive Arcana
The animation of skill when you dodge in water is not displayed.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

FYI, I’m still in “can’t edit the front page” limbo, but I keep checking back and have done some testing. In the meantime:

Using a staff, I can’t seem to have my eruption combo speed buff work when a D/D elementalist puts down Fire Ring at the start. I can’t really replicate this with only one account so I’m not entirely sure it’s the Fire Ring skill or all the other skills used at the start from the other person.

Using Eruption (blast finisher) on Ring of Fire (fire field) grants might, not swiftness. It only grants swiftness when used in a lightning field (IE, Static Field).

Ride the lightining/Lightning Flash:
If you use Lightning Flash during Ride the lightining animation, the teleport will fail and Lightning Flash will go on cooldown.

I’m not sure this isn’t “working as intended”? Thoughts on this being added?

Lingering Elements is of no use it appears. In the beta there was an attunement bonus apparently, but no more.

The bonuses from minor traits are supposed to linger. It doesn’t appear to work correctly with the +X% damage while in X attunement bonuses, though that’s already on the front.

-insert lots of helpful testing here-

Thanks so much!

Evasive Arcana
The animation of skill when you dodge in water is not displayed.

Already on the front. For future reference, skills and traits are split up, though each is alphabetized.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SharedProphet.9324

SharedProphet.9324

Forked Lightning
Lately this skill (Trident auto-attack with air) will often get into a state where it will shoot above the head of my target and continually miss while the target keeps hitting me until I move around to a spot which lets me hit them (usually above them).

in Elementalist

Posted by: UrieltheFlameofGod.8643

UrieltheFlameofGod.8643

I’ve noticed that in the last week Ride the Lightning has been acting bizarrely. It used to be that it would only auto-target enemies in a small area in front of me, making it a great skill for movement. Lately, it seems to auto-target any enemy in a much larger area, including enemies far behind my camera’s FoV, causing me to hurtle backwards into neutral creatures I didn’t even see instead of charging forward.

in Elementalist

Posted by: UrieltheFlameofGod.8643

UrieltheFlameofGod.8643

I’ve also never seen Glyph of Renewal work, before or after the patch “fixing” it to only work on downed players, on either downed or defeated players.

I don’t remember what attunements I’ve tried it in (not all of them…I gave up on it before that) but I believe I tried fire and air on downed players with no effect.

in Elementalist

Posted by: wumpusrat.4769

wumpusrat.4769

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it or not, but One With Air works fine for me. I was running along next to someone last night in earth attunement, and we were the same speed. Switched to air, and started pulling ahead of him quite rapidly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CurtMonash.3498

CurtMonash.3498

I don’t seem to be getting condition clears from Phoenix. Is it just me?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kultz.5763

Kultz.5763

I tested freezing gust today (with no traits), and now the chill effect last 4 seconds instead of 3.

in Elementalist

OddFinrir.6801

@Rainshine (since I can’t seem to quote >.>) I know that. I would place Eruption and then the blast from my attack would not work on my Static Field when Fire Ring was placed. At least I figured it out now~ It cancels out my speed buff and it doesn’t even apply any other buffs when that happens.

Also, the bug involving Fire fields last 30% longer seems to be fixed, although it only adds one extra hit for Lava Font. ><

in Elementalist

Posted by: EatThisShoe.5136

EatThisShoe.5136

I jut wanted to clarify the function of Arcane Power as I’ve been doing a lot of testing with it, and discussing it over on Guru.

The basics are this:
It does give 5 charges. Problems are caused by how specific spells consume the charges.
It consumes charges when a skill misses or is fired into open space.
It consumes charges from attacks which deal no damage.

My experience with AEs actually runs contrary to what I have seen some people post. I can hit multiple targets, crit them all and consume a single charge. However when consuming the very last charge behavior is sometimes, inconsistently different.

Attacks like Burning Speed actually have many tiny hits triggered along the firewall which consumes all the charges even though they miss.
Churning Earth consumes charges with its 4x cripple pulses even though thy don’t deal damage.
You can actually work around this by activating Arcane Power just before Churning Earth or Burning Speed explodes and you will have charges left over.

It might be intended that missed attacks consume charges, although I would point out that this is not the case for thief venoms. Losing charges on non-damaging attacks is almost certainly a bug.

Other bugs related to Arcane Power:
Water attunement consumes a charge, regardless of traits.
Phoenix consumes two charges, regardless of how many hits.
Water Trident consumes two charges regardless.
Chain Lightning consumes a single charge regardless of bounces.
Spells like Ice Shards and Dragon’s Claw consume three charges, however if you have fewer than three charges remaining then they often do not crit at all.

Other unrelated bugs:
Fiery Greatsword’s 1 skill cannot be cancelled via esc or stow weapons keys. It’s a very long cast time to not be able to be cancelled.

Tornado and Whirlpool proc confusion repeatedly, about twice per second, despite only actually attacking once every 2-3 seconds or so.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Lightning Flash: I’ve noticed that sometimes using it after you’re stunned will teleport you to the place intended but will still leave you stunned.

Trait – Soothing Wave – Water X: It does not grant regeneration when you equip and or use Frost Bow.

Trait – Evasive Arcana – Arcana XI: Does not have a 10 second internal C/D as stated, in fact does not have a C/D at all.

Downed – Mist Form: Sometime when you rally while in the mist form it does not rally you and you go back to being downed.

Skill Unlocking: If you have a low level character and enter the mists then change to an attunement you haven’t unlocked (Lets say Air) and leave the mists while in air attunement you will be in air attunement while in PvE meaning you can level up those skills before you unlock the attunement in PvE.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

(edited by Curring.9752)

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

Does not have a 10 second internal C/D as stated, in fact does not have a C/D at all.

Just a note, it does have a cooldown for the spells (1 per attunement) but blast finishers don’t. It’s already noted.

UPDATED

in Elementalist

Posted by: Araelen.6374

Araelen.6374

Written in stone – Earth XII
When going into mistform and then using Signet of Restoration, you recieve the “use” healing, but the passive effect goes on a full 20 sec CD.

in Elementalist

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. I’ve noticed at times that the dagger skills “Drake’s Breath” and “Cone of Cold” sometimes don’t fire at the target. To clarify, I have a mob targeted and use either skill and occasionally my character will actually turn his head slightly and fire to the side of the mob. I’ve watched this multiple times to be sure of what I was seeing.

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Elementalist

Rainshine.5493

Thanks for the report blackgoat. You’re saying your character wasn’t already facing sort of to the side? Skills will face your target if you aren’t moving but they won’t otherwise, you gotta aim.

Just making sure that’s not the problem.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gabrrr.4620

Gabrrr.4620

“Lingering Elements” (15 points in arcana) doesnt work. When you you change attunement, you receive only 5 sec boon instead 10.

[Xaoc] – Blacktide

in Elementalist

Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. I’ve noticed at times that the dagger skills “Drake’s Breath” and “Cone of Cold” sometimes don’t fire at the target. To clarify, I have a mob targeted and use either skill and occasionally my character will actually turn his head slightly and fire to the side of the mob. I’ve watched this multiple times to be sure of what I was seeing.

I’ve noticed this as well. It can happen while standing still, so I don’t think its just a motion/facing issue. What I think is happening is your character is performing a flinching animation from being hit, and the fire/ice spray just goes wild as your head moves about. I’m pretty sure all the damage is still dealt correctly, though I haven’t done testing specifically for this. I’m just speaking from my experiences using d/d (my preferred weapons). I’ve gotten into a habit of backpedaling a step or two before using spells like Cone of Cold, Drake’s Breath, Fire Grab or Lightning Touch. Landing these skills has gotten a bit easier since Arenanet widened their cones, but it can still be a bit awkward.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raging Soul Beta.6845

Raging Soul Beta.6845

Zephyr’s Focus – Air Major trait II
Gives 10s of endurance regen buff when using channeled skills but disappears as soon as channel is done.
Tested on most of skills so far:
Here are 2 bugs I found out:
- Dagger main hand: Cone of Cold: regen buff does not disappear, lasting full 10s (or either all other channeled skills should get full 10s buff?)
- Staff: Lightning Surge: seems like this skill is not counted as channeled therefore it doesn’t trigger the trait

(edited by Raging Soul Beta.6845)

in Elementalist

Posted by: AnthonyZdravko.2051

AnthonyZdravko.2051

You can add the audio bug with fire elementals to the list under Audio.

You know the sound of someone smashing tinfoil baking trays at 1000% volume in the middle of Karma grinding in Orr or just in general? Yeah, that’s the elementalists fire elementals wings flapping and it drives me insane.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Written in stone – Earth XII
When going into mistform and then using Signet of Restoration, you recieve the “use” healing, but the passive effect goes on a full 20 sec CD.

Thats because Mist Form is bugged and treats you as if you have no traits points in anything

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Cone of Cold & Drake’s Breath have a small inconsistency between the two, more a UI thing than anything else.

When you use Cone of Cold, the damage numbers displayed from the skill’s multiple hits are cumulative, sort of like a mesmer’s Blurred Frenzy or warrior’s Hundred Blades. That is to say, it’ll show something like: 1200 → 2200 → 3800 → 5400, with 5.4k being the total damage done.

Drake’s Breath doesn’t behave this way; it’ll just show the separate damage ticks individually.

tl;dr: Despite both skills being considered channeled skills, only Cone of Cold displays its multiple instances of damage as a cumulative number. Drake’s Breath displays the individual ticks.

in Elementalist

OddFinrir.6801

Can we add in the fact that all speed buffs are nulled when in combat? I use swift and I don’t move faster unless I’m out of combat. Also, any class can catch up to me even when I have crippled and chilled them by just running normally.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

You can add the audio bug with fire elementals to the list under Audio.

You know the sound of someone smashing tinfoil baking trays at 1000% volume in the middle of Karma grinding in Orr or just in general? Yeah, that’s the elementalists fire elementals wings flapping and it drives me insane.

I love that bug. I make sure I run circles around my brother when it happens.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Forked Lightning
Lately this skill (Trident auto-attack with air) will often get into a state where it will shoot above the head of my target and continually miss while the target keeps hitting me until I move around to a spot which lets me hit them (usually above them).

I hate this bug. It happens consistently against krait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aestin.7549

Aestin.7549

Although the scepter skill, Stone Shards functions as a channeled skill, it does not benefit from either Zephyr’s Focus (First tier, Air magic trait line) or Obsidian Focus (First tier, Earth Magic trait line).
All other skills that function in a similar manner increase the armor/toughness attribute displayed in the hero panel (Obsidian Focus), and apply a buff that increases endurance regeneration (Zephyr’s Focus) for the duration of the channel, when traited respectively.

in Elementalist

Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Apologies for length, I was bored. I broke the posts up a little so hopefully its not an intimidating wall. Also just wanted to express thanks to Rainshine for keeping this up-to-date.

Cast times — Function bug
Many of the listed cast times are longer than the tooltip says.

— The cast times aren’t really whats wrong, as the cast bar shown while using these skills is about right. The issue is that a lot of these auto-attacking skills have a recovery animation after being cast, which takes a not-so-insignificant amount of time and adds a bit of a recast that isn’t listed. If the cast time is half a second and the pause before recast is half a second, then the time between attacks is double whats expected.

Arc Lightning — Visual bug
Cast animation doesn’t stop once the target is dead or when changing targets and sometimes when the cast has finished.

— I believe this only occurs if Arc Lightning is not the last skill used before the target dies. For example, start Arc Lightning (#1), then cast Lightning Strike (#2), which is instant and does not interrupt the channel. If the target dies before the channel on Arc is complete, then Strike was the last skill used and it seems the game forgets to stop animating Arc. If Arc recasts or is pressed again some time after Strike (or any other skill), the animation will end properly.

Ride the Lightning — Function bug
Does not work with the 20% lightning skill recharge trait, it should recharge at 12 seconds but still recharges at 15.

— This functions correctly in combat, but not out of combat.
— I have an issue with Ride the Lightning where it causes my auto-run to break. It may be the same thing as the self-CC bug, but maybe this situation will help the devs with troubleshooting and solving it. While auto-running, cast RtL so that the skill will end before you hit a target. At the end of the animation the character will remain stationary. In order to start moving again, I have to press the auto-run key twice. Presumably, the first press turns off auto-run and the next resumes. Moving with a direction key forward twice or reverse once (W or A, not S, D, Q or E) also remedies this, because these actions turn off auto-run. In the heat of combat, I usually just end up mashing every direction key in a fit until I can move again.

Shatterstone — Function bug
For around 2 seconds after casting, you can move and dodge normally (and spell goes off as usual) but can’t cast anything else during the dead period. Still lacking a cast bar after Oct. 7 update, despite remaining “hidden” cast time.

— This seems very similar to the auto-attack cast time thing, but I can’t be sure. There is no cast time for the skill’s effect, as the Shatterstone is placed instantly and detonates 2s later, as described. Watching the skill bar, however, the skill does not start its cooldown instantly like other no-cast-time skills, like Lightning Strike. What happens after the skill is used, though, is the character animates some arm waving that takes time before recovering and resuming normal activity. The skill actually behaves as if its a channeled ability. Your character channels for the two seconds it takes for the Shatterstone to detonate, and then the cooldown begins.

Tidal Wave — Function bug
At the end of the animation your character will freeze for 1/2s , cannot move or cast during that time.

— I haven’t seen this happen in a while, perhaps its fixed? This happens to be my favorite skill underwater, haha. Get a target up against a wall, or get yourself immobilized first, and the target gets struck with all 15 hits this skill causes. Devastating.

in Elementalist

Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Traits..

Arcane Fury/Lingering Elements — Function bug
Lingering Elements has no effect on Arcane Fury (intentional or not?).

— Probably intended, as Arcana is not an attunement. But I suppose only an official statement can say for certain. See Lingering Elements below..

Mist Form — Function bug
Utility skills used while in Mist Form don’t get affected by any traits. IE, When using “Glyph of Elemental Harmony” traited with “Quick Glyphs” it goes on full 25sec cd instead of 20sec cd.
Cantrip Mastery — Function issue
Does not reduce the cooldown on Mist Form, despite the tooltip displaying reduced cooldown.
Evasive Arcana — Function bug
Does not proc when dodging in Mist Form.

— These are all the same problem with Mist Form. For example, Mist Form’s tooltip with Cantrip Mastery is correctly reduced. The order of events here is: character uses Mist Form, Mist Form is applied and traits removed, then the cooldown is calculated. The tooltip of Mist Form while still mist shows the cooldown incorrectly with Cantrip Mastery.

Earth’s Embrace — Function bug
Triggers at around 25-30% HP instead of 50%.
Final Shielding — Function bug
Triggers at around10% instead of 25%. May also be bypassed entirely if too much burst is applied.

— I suspect these, and other traits and armor rune effects like it (Superior Rune of Earth, 6pc bonus) that trigger on % of hp are triggering on base hp of 10,805 instead of whatever your real maximum hp is. The images provided show Earth’s Embrace triggered at 5,200 (current hp 5,370 having just received 170hp from a tick of regeneration – too bad combat log wasn’t shown, so we can see how much that moa hit for) which is pretty close.

Lingering Elements — Function bug
Doesn’t apply bonus damage from the “extra 10% damage in X attunement” traits correctly.

— I really cant really figure this trait out. I think the tooltip for this needs to be a little more clear as to what exactly are “Attunement Bonuses”.
• Are they just minor traits? If so, some minors don’t work the same as others. The Fire/Air/Earth 5 point minors may all work properly, but Soothing Mist has a 10s duration that is reapplied every 4s, and will linger naturally with or without this trait.
• Are all traits, major and minor, bonuses? This seems like the best option from a player’s perspective, but again, not all traits work the same. Some are one-off effects (all 15 point minors), others will only work with skills specific to an attunement (any cooldown reducing majors), and yet others will work regardless of attunement (majors that affect utilities, and all 25 point minors). In all those cases, there is nothing to linger. Piercing Shards (Water IV) is the only major trait that reads as if it might linger when changing attunement.
• Or is it just boons that are applied on attunement? In this case, the trait will only do something if you take Elemental Attunement (Arcana V) or Rock Solid (Earth XI), and perhaps Arcane Fury should be affected by it.

Powerful Auras — Visual bug
Often the aura bubble visual doesn’t apply to allies, even when they correctly receive the aura’s effects.

— This is more of a general game bug than anything specifically related to Powerful Auras. Same issue as invisible Tornadoes and Whirlpools.