Post Your Build Thread

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEIQFAWhEm0bzR5wjEIEFZ4JEUoAMwQRIsBlC7AA-jgDBYfAYLIUBApmAZPMas1TFRjVxAT5KIaXQqXoqYwWdAGxLq2dADA-e
^ my pve build: trying min max myself: might change back piece to assassin stats for extra crit chanc or keep it at the same style stats i have now, i’ll figure that out later

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: EvilSnowflake.1453

EvilSnowflake.1453

This is a condition build I’ve been working on for a long time;
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmmbmR4gjDAEFnYiQBGWUeMTO2A-ToAA0CnIqRpkTJjSSlsKNwYGC

A video explaining the build can be found on Youtube here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfsOIdKb2MU
and game play with this build here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgttC3E_V7A

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: pauli.5290

pauli.5290

What’s your opinion on my Signets + Lightning Hammer build?

I am trying to balance DPS and survivability. With the Written in Stone trait, i don’t lose the passive effect of the signets. And with Shard of Ice i get vulnerability for 12 seconds when using a signet. My opener is the Signet of Fire and i have a stun breaker with Signet of Air.

Elementalist Signets + Lightning Hammer Build

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Burnzy Burns.7801

Burnzy Burns.7801

G’day All
I’m still pretty new to GW2 in general but I’m absolutely loving the Ele flaws and all. I am still in the process of levelling up but this is what I’m aiming for initially

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhImmbyR4wjEAUGoYSkBBHMK0hogFA-jECB4fBk8DkKAI3sIasFOFRjVhET7iIq2cuIa1SBExwI-w

The aim is a balance between DPS and Survivability. Please let me know what you think and any tips on levelling up would be greatly appreciated i.e. should I lvl in PVE or WvWvW? Should I trait more to survive while lvling? Any help would be great.

BTW GW2 forums are so much more helpful than other game forums out there (Less digging through trolls) So good work guys.

Cheers
Burnzy

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

Any WvW Staff Builds?

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: shmoko.4839

shmoko.4839

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: IridRadiant.1027

IridRadiant.1027

I am running the following, using a Staff. It’s a Healer/Support focused build, exceptionally good at removing Conditions and providing a steady stream of buffs and healing.

I use a build very similar to that post’s, but I double down on regen and glyphs.

0/20/0/30/20 (while gearing up, it was 20 in water, 30 in arcane for Evasive Arcana)
—Quick glyphs, Inscription, Soothing Wave (Arcane Abatement for jumping puzzles), Cleansing Wave, Cleansing Water, Blasting Staff, Elemental Attunement)
—Full Cleric gear, Sapphire jewels, Runes of Dwayna, Sigil of Renewal – some Magi gear would not go amiss either if you don’t want to over stack toughness
—I run all the glyphs, except Glyph of Renewal unless I’m soloing an event with a lot of downed npc’s – its casting time and bugginess discourages me from considering it any more than that situational.

This build hands out regen and condi removal like candy at halloween. Max’d healing power means that if they don’t burst you down – which cleric’s toughness helps with – then staff’s kiting, juggling, and healing abilities will let the regen get you back to full in no time. It’s also great for stacking boons in attunements other than water.

Glyph of Elemental Power’s stun break helps keep me on my feet and is basically an instant cast boon generator. Glyph of Storms I like using better than Fire 5 because I can use it while running, and the elementals are walking condi generators on autopilot.

I’ve soloed champions and several group events on this build, though it takes a while even with what power cleric’s gear has and the damage buff from Bountiful Power. I would love to have 10 more skill points to get Arcane 30 and Evasive Arcana back, but with all the condi’s flying around right now, I feel that Cleansing Water is more important – and I like the completeness of having as much healing power as I can stack.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

PvP Builds

• Staff – DPS & Team Support

I play/ed this quite a lot, and sometimes with barbarian’s jewel and different traits and utilities (all cantrip) for more survivability. PvP is generally manageable and if you play your cards right, you won’t go down easily. The build is primarily dps, but offers great support also. Close combat with 2x Frost Aura combo, which will bestow around 14-15 seconds of protection to your allies with EA, plus 10% extra reduction from Frost Auras, though they will not last as long. Stability will also help you stay on your feet and perform your tasks, granting help to your team mates when it gets hairy, not to name water fields and so on.

The dps is a mixture. Primarily burst damage, as staff doesn’t cater to many condition skills. While it isn’t a glass cannon build, you can generate much damage using Meteor Shower + Tornado for the more important fights. NB. While you can breeze through your opponents and send them flying, you can force them to eat all the damage you can muster.
Let them stay outside the natural radius (white circle) of your tornado and spam 1 for 1000-2000 damage lightning bolts (chain), while critting with your meteors. The lightning bolts will reach further out than you might imagine. You can test it on dummies first to get a feeling for it.

My rotation from Meteor Shower (usually)

1. Cast Meteor Shower.
  2. Shift into earth for protection and stability so you will complete casting it.
  3. Activate Magnetic Aura to reflect potential artillery (it triggers protection as well).
  4. As it’s finished, immediately activate Tornado.
  5. Swap to air for fury before Tornado activates (or water if you think you’ll need the regen).
  6. Swoop towards thy foe and spam 1 for chain lightning damage when in reach.

This is the option for most damage from the two skills, although you can manage to squeeze in an Arcane Wave before Tornado is activated too, but perhaps it’s better saved for your water/ice fields.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQFAWhMM6cW4wlBr0AARhLmMUIyIlH7MjNA-TkAg0CsIqRVjrGTNyas1M+A

• S/F – DPS & Control

Currently used build. It does good damage, has good CC, grants you a rather strong defense and very decent condition cleansing. While this build uses Elemental Surge, you’ll have to get used to using your arcane utilities in a way that will prevent incoming damage, such as blind, chill and immobilize while actively doing damage. When used correctly, when you time your skills and utilities well, you will be hard to take down and can dish out quite a lot of damage + CC.

The Glyph provides you with a big burst heal with very helpful boons to boot. The water elemental is best used as you will find joy in blasting through the ice combo fields for Frost Auras, making you very chilly and unpleasant.

The biggest downside by far, is the lack of mobility you would get from Lightning Flash and Ride the Lightning. There is enough swiftness using GoEH however. Your access to condition removal is limited, but not lacking, Ether Renewal is always an alternative, but I feel you give your opponent too much time to recover using it. I haven’t had too much trouble against conditions, as you can heal 2 condis every 10 secs by water swapping, remove a condi when crit (depends on Cleansing Water ICD), timing it with GoEH in water and use Magnetic Wave every 25 secs for 3x condi removal.

Overall a challenging but funny build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJArdhUMaZ2zwkBd0AA5BMmwioQFlHxMTNA-ToAA0CnIqRVjrGTNyas1M+YSA

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: blackdirk.1324

blackdirk.1324

Hi there !
Sorry for my bad english, i’m not native.

I m testing a new build thanks to the patch and i wanted to have some advices.

It’s a WvW build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEQQJAoYhMMacW5w0Bf0AARhLnEUMgBjHdECAA-zkCBYfBkgAg4AMzUQM1UZtspIas6aY6SJVDTQ2nIpECQ2YA-w

I was trying to think about a way to optimise the new earth trait : Stone Heart
Every elementalist know that earth skills are underpowered except for rare condition builds but…. you can still benefit from this trait while wearing your conjured weapons.

With this build you can benefit from the burst of D/D weapons, switch to earth when things are going hard or when you know your opponent will be a crit fanboy and draw your conjured weapons to melt his face

I’m still tweaking the build and stats, wondering if 2 conjured weapons is enough..
I’m wondering too wich one to take , Hammer for blind, explosions and stun field or Axe for its high mobility and fire field.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: EvilSnowflake.1453

EvilSnowflake.1453

Ive done a lot of testing since the patch came out, this build seems to be extraordinarily effective. Here is a video explaining the build and showing a little bit of game play.

After I made the video, I spent the rest of the day dueling, and have not lost to anybody.

For a quick look, the build is 4/0/2/2/6, battle sigil, doom sigil, strength runes, and celestial amulet.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axes.5108

Axes.5108

Since post patch, I run this staff build on my ele in WvW. In support of 5 man havoc teams and zergs any size. Gives decent damage with defense / water fields for zergs. Its a more general purpose build in support of dps/heals/regens. Fixed one trait selected wrong and food

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWhUMKc24wyBr0ATAGxbQOQYA4AUOKEEWhA-TlSDABBYCJhHAoE8JlIVcBAgS5Rjq/AnOAAMB9jSIa2fIAACAH9oDdoRGAixA-w

(edited by Axes.5108)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

pray to the dolyak staff build

so basically i’m running a staff with a sigil of energy.. some ascended gear, and i recently put on a healing sigil… i’m always using ice bow, have been for quite awhile.. i have to have air signet on and don’t see myself sacrificing runes for it so that’s a permanent it seems.. sometimes i’ll have lightning flash for mobility and fsword, or i’ll have glyph of sandstorm and sometimes mistfire wolf.. {wolf is good for raw Extra damage and sometimes it’ll be a fire storm if i’m stuck in that attunement}

30/30 earth water mage, i’m truly disappointed in the earth line… elemental shielding is garbage and should be added to earth’s embrace 0r they should make magnetic aura on staff Much better… geomancer’s freedom is useless and should be combined with rock solid.. but sometimes i will equip one of those just for the lawls
that leaves 10 {well 2 anymore} for arcana.. it’s really sad that arcane fury is arcana adept minor and not lingering elements and furthermore, they should just combine those too while they’re at it

finally, i’m mostly in ascended cleric gear, runes of tough on the armor.. vitality on the non-ascended trinkets.. i could always put in rune of fighter or something to boost power.. i also looked at exuberance but i didn’t find the toughness sacrifice appealing.. i think this build is in an “ok” place for not getting spammed to death, but.. in this game it just happens anyway.. it’s not going to win anything in pvp, in a nutshell i’d say elem staff is just lacking other than being a conjured weapon rain bot that other professions in this game could just as easily do without..

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Ive done a lot of testing since the patch came out, this build seems to be extraordinarily effective. Here is a video explaining the build and showing a little bit of game play.

After I made the video, I spent the rest of the day dueling, and have not lost to anybody.

For a quick look, the build is 4/0/2/2/6, battle sigil, doom sigil, strength runes, and celestial amulet.

I’ve been using your build for a while now, and I really like it. Have you tried using a zerker amulet instead of celestials? I’m not home right now, or I’d try it. I like the Celestials build, but I feel I don’t do enough damage. There’s a lot of sustain, though. If I went zerkers, would it be better to go 0/0/2/6/6? I love how cantrips grant might, so it’d be sad to lose it, but with zerkers and 0.0.2.6.6 the damage would still be there thanks to zerkers with more condi removal and healing.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: the red lynx.8623

the red lynx.8623

After messing around, I finally got a build to work decently.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYnMISPD2yAmMAdEGgAQCHIyCRlKvN8YA-TJRGwAAeAAg2fA9JAAaZAA

6/2/0/0/6. D/D. All three arcane skills with arcane brilliance. If you get the jump on someone, you’ll win; if you get jumped on, you die.

You play this build by just hanging around one of your teammates and try to initiate after they do, or joining fights already happening. Do your best to not get hit by any type of AoE when initiating and avoid minions as much as possible. Your only defense is timely using your Arcane Shield , rolling, and quickly switching to your water arcana once you’ve exhausted all your abilities.

This build is pretty difficult to execute correctly since you’ll have to predict when the enemy will roll after you initiate. If you mistime one of your abilities, you’ll lose out on a lot of damage, which will probably end up killing you in a 1v1 situation. Often times Ride the Lightning will be on cooldown so you’ll have to make due with just popping lighting 3 and running in.

It’s been a long time since I played this game so this build has probably been done a million times before but I just wanted to share that this build is fun and challenging for anybody looking to try out an Ele build :p

(edited by the red lynx.8623)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: uptop.7843

uptop.7843

hi all, have been using this S/D build the past few days. for condition damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJArYhMMaZW4wyBdEBEACpqhbEYxodF3+F-TVhAABJ8AA+U9np2fQQ9AAcCAIFggCrA-w

posting it here so that my mistake can be pointed out.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: MalcomZiran.5983

MalcomZiran.5983

This is my daily driver that I have been recommending to my fellow guild eles. Would appreciate some objective feedback. Its goal is to provide adequate damage, healing/support, and survivability.

Malcom’s Balanced WvW Staff Build —
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWnMISlDW4AeOArEIoBQIOs2oUinEYRpuA-TlyDwAq2fwl6PAMBdQJ4kLEwWlf+1B4RDBiDIQgHAQAAEgbezAgrbzhezhmQACWAA-w

If you have any questions about something particular, please ask. I’ll be happy to explain my reasoning.

As a disclaimer, since this always comes up, this build has no condi clearing. It is meant to be run in a group setting of at least 15, were there is already plenty of condi clearing. If I am really hurting for it, I swap in Ether Renewal.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tormod the Fox.2368

Tormod the Fox.2368

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJArYnMISLD2zAmNABbGgAQom8a4ARGUbNA-TxBBABAcCA2TPwlq/4xDAom9HMT5njKBJEQotA-e

A party offensive-support build with perma-fury and 21-25 might.
Each buff u get adds 1% dmg increase.
For fractals.
It’s kind of pathetic but Racial Elites > Ele Elites since 9/9/14 patch…

(edited by Tormod the Fox.2368)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaspar.3892

Kaspar.3892

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWnMMcMowhwhVOUOwzhxB0RcJOAGgRuF8B+giCAlPC3geAA-ThyDABM8gAKSp3Nq/80+DDqEEgLIQe6AGw0zWKD8QDRAgDAuOAA-e

Testing out a Magi Healing build on ele. So far so good, I can manage to keep a nomad build warrior up when running dungeons duo. It also works rather well for wvw and pumping out crazy heals for the zerg. Its kinda nice seeing 1000+ heals with every auto attack on water staff and almost +2000 from Geyser.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: lotus.7381

lotus.7381

Help please

For runes I can’t decide between scholar and wurm. Having more health is probably better in the long run for dungeons right? or does the wurm runes bring the damage down too much? I don’t want to be the first to die in the group but at the same time I want to do massive damage. Tell me if you think the wurm runes are good or not. Thanks

Build with wurm runes 6/4/2/2/0:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYnMISLD24AWOAfEIYAQItMcgBFGVT4pLA-TFCBABVqSxS7Pgj6KA8gAyS5HjKBTRPhenQgAAHAy5Onn/95ff+3SBExyI-w

Build with scholar runes 6/6/2/0/0:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYnMISLD24AWOAfEGYAICHMUMqW851GA-TVCBABVqSBW7Pgj6KAcgAyS5HjKBTRPRAPAA9OhABAOAkzdOP/7z/+8vlCIilRA-w

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: MoobsiusM.6483

MoobsiusM.6483

My build is the D/D elementalist. I guess it’s close to the meta, but I have made a few changes here and there in order to optimize it for my kind of play.
Here is a link to the build:
http://goo.gl/VGOYFO
For traits I went 00266. Of course full Arcana is still the best trait line for every D/D spec. The Water trait line is centered on cleansing and regeneration with the adept II trait, which gives regeneration every time someone lands a crit on you.
The last 2 points can be spend elsewhere. I chose Earth for the added toughness of the trait line and the minor trait which synergizes well with the adept point I – 290 toughness for every channeling skill (Drake’s breath, Cone of cold, Churning earth) which are all on relatively small cooldowns. The reason I prefer it instead of V is because if you are running with other people protection isn’t something that will be lacking as a boon. (Also you can get some extra defense while healing with water 2)
On the gear: In PvP and WvW I go full celestial. The overall stat gain is a very great thing to have and I find the added healing power and condition damage to be better than the stats lost from running Knights/Zerker/Soldier etc.
For some people who have problems doing full celestial gear or feel like they don’t want to loose as much power/vitality/precision then you can swap some of the celestial peaces for other stat combinations to mix it up.
For the skills I went full cantrips. I used to run arcane shield instead of cleansing fire, but the unreasonably long cooldown and the fact that there are a lot of condi specs out there made me go for cleansing fire. The healing skill is signet of restoration which has the best synergy with d/d ele because of evasive arcana and attunement swapping (both giving heal per cast) coupled with the endless skill usage and scaling (although not much) with healing power providing a lot of sustain during fights.
If you are able to recognize skill animations and dodge, use terrain, focus the highest priority target first, then you will have no problems in most to every fight you will have.
Last but not least, runes and sigils: I got runes of strength for the obvious might duration. If you can not afford them then the cheaper solution is rune of ogre which despite not having might duration is basically the same. As for sigils its obviously sigil of battle which goes along nicely with runes of strength + sigil of doom for poison. Its not a condition which would be expected from an elementalist and the healing mitigation on the enemy is very nice.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWhcMqcW4wvBf0AhAB5vlrRBlrLXB-TJRDwAQ3fobZAMXAAAPAAA
Is my build. Might have others like it in thread but for me the build is good enough to roam with and zerg with. Having lots of support skills that support allies and yourself means you can tank and survive and support. what i really love about this build is its ability to shed off condition. in wvw you face SO many classes that are condition bunker build and you are well suited to take them on. In zergs there are so many aoes and condition thrown out so being tanky at the same time being able to kill is why i love the build. having attunments recharge quickly means i can get the heal from my water attunment as well as the skills and dodge which heals and cleanses you.
just spam all skills and change attunments as soon as they refresh and you will win and survive.
Full disclosure
Build doesn’t win all builds so if you have fire great sword for elite you can get out of the fight quickly and survive. classes i have a hard time with are mesmers btu if you stick close to the mesmer instead of trying to range you will win.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Diva.1476

Diva.1476

Here is what you can enjoy after sep 9th feature update, a little different and definately fun build for spvp:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Diva-s-Condi-Signet-Build-Video-Added-1

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: StayTuned.6521

StayTuned.6521

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQFAWhUMqZW2wvBdEBEACpkhPEYxwZ3K9G-TRSBABNfABqZ/hrU+FhSwbU/BPdEIYCahHEAAXAgAAHA/+bgv/G/+7v/+bSBExwI-e
My curent build.
Mostly in fire (90% of time).
Now about traits ( 6 in fire cuz of mostly running in this attunement,burn duration for non stop burning with flame burst\signet of fire(sometimes),+10% damage while in fire, and pyromansers puissance for non stop might if u are in fire) (4 in earth for 10% from 600 range ALLWAYS stay in range dont get close, and for conditional damage from your toughness) (2 in water for 10% while u under than 90% of health never heal to full hp while in combat for obtaining this buff) (2 in arcane for larger aoe)
Now about skills (why do i choose glyph? cuz of 3 insta might stucks or insta 33% speed(while in air) or healing while in water ( a lot of ppl choose signet of restoration but if we take it we ll not obtain +10% damage from water traits) )
Arcane power for extra critical damages from strikes.
Signet of fire for extra precision.
Signet of earth for extra toughless which is now ur conditional damage + insta immobilize.
Glyph of elemental for companion which will tank\heal\deal extra aoe damage\give 33% mov speed to u .
U can change arcane power to Ice BOW if ur dungeon party needs it etc.
Gear:
Iam not haveing legendary yet so iam with ascended weapons now.Simple zerker build nothing to explain. U can use ur lesser infusions (which gives u +5 power) if u dont have money for this.
Now about the sigils: bloodlust stuck it on mobs(dont die) if u jump into the water stuck ll not dissapear, if u change attunement stuck ii not dissapear cuz of 2 bloodlust sigils in your weapons. Sigil of force for extra 5% damage. Sigil of bursting in my opinion is the best for trident( if u dont fight a lot underwater).

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

I have created my build here:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Elementalist_-_Valex_Staff

6, 4, 0, 4, 0, using traited glyphs/summons heavily to stack might.

More importantly, what I am doing with this build is using Valkyrie gear with Exuberance runes. I have a lot of power with this build, and I still run around with 22,000HP. Tons of DPS while being kind of tanky, and maintaining an average of 12 might during fights (peaking at 17 might).

It has worked out incredibly well for me in dungeons. The dodge ability isn’t infinite and didn’t always keep me alive before. Now, I never die in map/dungeon wipeouts, unless I myself played poorly.

The damage isn’t at the highest possible, but it’s up there, and the trade off for all the HP is quite worth it.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dennis.2936

Dennis.2936

Hey people!
This is my D/D cantrip build. It’s centered mostly around dealing a lot of damage and making the most use of cantrips and boons.
If you like it, wanna know more about it or think it needs a bit of work, pm me, reply or contact me ingame(Dark Flame of Anor).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFUQJAoYhUM6c24wwBf0APAC5fx2JKQ5lJfC-TxRBAB3o+THPAgyU+hieAi2foRlgAcCACAgAwNv5QH6NvZA-e

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

This with Delicious Rice Balls and Potent Sharpening Stones is a wonderful thing in WvW.

Attachments:

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trybil.1567

Trybil.1567

I keep trying different PvP builds but keep going back to this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodhcMoxh1NwvB0RM8BY0FICsBmCQAYBU1gJ4LA-TJhHwADOBAl3fAwDAAZZAA

Kind of a throw-back to the old “ember elementalist”.
I know ele signet/condi builds are not considered top-tier but I find the survivability and amount of damage this build puts out is way too much fun for me to pass up.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Greasy.7609

Greasy.7609

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWhUMouhVPwpB0RMQAYUWoIUJjCQAIIWXyuQZA-TJhAwACuAAw2fAwDAQcZAA

water for self healing and healing your dungeon or pvp team fire for condtion dmg and power arcane for dodges and faster rezzing. support and attack all in one how can you lose?

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vokajlaw.7089

Vokajlaw.7089

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArYhcMoyhdOwnB8RMIAYRAoAUElVwF4IWvhmYaA-TJBFABiXGYhHAgO7PAwJAAA

Fun little ele build for tpvp. Might not be the strongest "cele dd cough cough), but certainly fun to play. It evolves around landing your cc for the lightning rod proc, combining them with a phoenix burst. Blinding ashes gives decent survivability, hardcoutners are condition heavy builds.

Nekrokolov – Worst Necromancer EU (With a passion though!)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

PvP

D/D Marauder Signet Elementals

Air – 1/2/2
Earth – 3/2/2
Arcane – 1/2/3

Rage/Strength Sigil

Signet of Restoration/Signet of Fire/Signet of Air/Arcane Wave/Glyph of Elementals

Necromancer Main

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

D/D Open World PvE Sinister Burn Build.

Been playing ele for a while now and created this condi build last week for a change of pace. It is perfect for open world PvE and can do pretty good in many dungeon situations as well depending on group composition and party skill (pugging with this might not be wise! lol)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMouh9NwsB8RMIAYRAIUeAmYwOoIUbymYaA-e (I actually switched to Runes of Balthazar yesterday and love it.)

I use Sinister gear for everything. Sigils is up to you but I run corruption and smoldering but if you use condi food to lengthen your fire/bleeds than smoldering is not needed for a sigil.

I love this build because it plays different to my other builds and I can spam those Signets with no down side. Sig of Air is your stun breaker and Sig of Earth for pinning your foe.

You pretty much camp fire and most things will die so quickly you don’t need to swap attunements. For longer fights I start going through a more normal might stacking D/D rotation but instead of camping Air I stay in Earth longer until my Fire CD’s are ready. Remember this has Evasive Arcana so while in fire/combat I like to roll towards the enemy for more fire stacks:-)

I haven’t tried it yet but I use the Aristocracy runes from CM on my condi engi and love them. So if you like to use a more traditional D/D might stacking rotation then these runes would be great for that.

For larger meta events or group play you can change out a signet for Ice Bow (which is good to have in any situation anyways), put in a defensive utility if needed and use the Elite Elemental if you need the Earth or Water elemental. Glyph of Storms can work well too with Firestorm. For dungeons you might want to use focus for it’s defense.

I took this out into the Silverwastes and melting everything so quickly was very rewarding! Even soloing those pesky veterans;-)

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

HoT PvE meta

http://intothemists.com/guides/6572-hot_meta_ele_condition_damagecc

…super fun, never had so much fun playing the ele, the damage dealt seemed to be higher than my zerg version in the middle term (no high damage spikes) but in return very high damage over time, no need to be aiming most spells which allowed me to switch for water for heals and lightning for cc more often… lots of fun…. the health was no longer an issue, now can roam freely, tank most mobs, soloed decent groups including spider farm 2 veterans at a time with ease and didn’t die fighting bosses… oh yeah also could solo quests such as clearing the bases, killing the worms and planting the bombs… overall …lots of fun, still need to test it on crit immune bosses but on regular ones, was stacking about 9 burns, and 9 bleeds swiftly with glyph of elemental power while soloing elites like arrowhead and the other dinosaur that rams you, (annoying until you switch to cc )

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Defora.3694

Defora.3694

Fresh air D/F Tempest for Vale Guardian

- Fire: 1, 1, 1
- Air: 3, 2, 2
- Tempest: 3, 3, 3
Gear: full berserk or berserk with assassin earrings if you have them, scholar runes. force/air sigils
Food: Seaweed salad and maintenance oil
Rotation: Fire -> BS -> Air -> AA -> OLA -> Fire

Condition Tempest Build from wp (source and guide video)

- Fire: 1, 1, 1
- Arcane: 1, 3, 1
- Tempest: 2, 3, 1
Gear: full sinister with viper veapons, bathazar runes, bursting/smoldering sigils
Food: Koi cake if not close to 100% condi duration and tuning crystal
Rotation: Fire -> BS -> Fw(stack fields) -> Fire shout -> Firestorm(glyph) -> FGS (fgs boost condi dps) -> FE -> OLF with fgs -> FE again -> Fs & FW (even tho no condi dps there), final FE -> Drop FGS. Repeat.
- Use Glyph of Elemental Power on cd to keep extra burns per hit bonus up.

Build calculator is being weird with condi duration. I put both rune and food on it and still says only 85% burn duration (in-game pick either rune or food, no need for both but try to aim close 100%, wp has 92% on video). Also gear can be anything that has condition as main stat(dire, rabid, carrion), this is max/glass build. Condi sets aren’t as punishing gear-wise as power builds.

Necromancer | Elementalist | Mesmer | Thief || Gandara

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: FOKOZUYNEN.8206

FOKOZUYNEN.8206

Build
This build i use for support the zerg or when i command…..in rest making a elementalist for roaming is just a lose of time with the latest nerfs.
This one stay on watter quite all the time and dont use the healling Signet since that is healling you evry time you cast (even if to be honest is the most low heal that you will get in comparasion with other classes signets)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

what about pvp builds? im utterly useless in ranked as an ele now, i try fresh air but it’s squishier than a thief with zerk amulet. and “bunker” feels more like a waste of space because they can’t sustain themselves at all

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: ilyada.6189

ilyada.6189

what about pvp builds? im utterly useless in ranked as an ele now, i try fresh air but it’s squishier than a thief with zerk amulet. and “bunker” feels more like a waste of space because they can’t sustain themselves at all

Actually, I dont think that a bunker ele is a waste of space. If you can coordinate with your team, a build by means of which you can support your team with auras is pretty useful.
However, if you want to survive; do not go against classes such as thief and revenant who can do high dps and can take you down within seconds or perfect your playing.

I personally use a cantrip build against conditions with d/f as you have a huge amount of invulnerability. How? With mist form and obsidian flesh. It also gives you regeneration. The rest depends on how competent you are in rotation.

Yes, the last nerf made elementalist a bit off-league. However, you can’t deny that a good ele is a waste of space. It never was and I dont think it never will be unless ele is nerfed more.

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

[WvW group roaming] “Definitely not a Pyromancer” support/condition auramancer:

Build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdn0XC9XiNOA2NAcYilNAjYFcBqADPgAQB0dv2XPsA-TFiAAB5qEEm9H24EAYjeAnU+BwDAYCzfFp+DpAWUZF-w

Pros:
+ Tanky and durable versus either power or condition builds.
+ Good ranged defense thanks to Focus.
+ Strong sustain and healing support/buffing through auras and shouts for you and your allies.
+ 95% burning duration makes you essentially a silent nuke if enemy is not prepared.

Cons:
- Lack of innate mobility (Fiery GS elite can mitigate this to an lengthy extent).
- Lack of stability.
- Only 1 instant breakstun other than Overloads.
- Lack of condition variety and slow re-application can prove ineffective against heavy condition removal builds.

This build is particularly fun and effective in duo or small group roaming where you have strong skirmishers who you can heal and buff while maintaining some threat of your own thanks to well timed burn bursts.

Is it possible to also solo roam with this build, you can swap some traits around for stronger solo like swapping shout heal for cantrips heal and trait accordingly then slot Fiery GS elite for mobility on the fly.

Hope you have fun with it like I did!

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Dagger/Warhorn auramancer for PvP

Traits: water 1/3/1, earth 3/3/1, tempest 3/2/3.
Sigils: Sigil of water on dagger, sigil of transference on warhorn
Rune: Rune of Soldier or Rune of the Monk (my preference)
Amulet: Mender’s
Heal: Wash the Pain Away
Utilities (from left to right): Feel the Burn, Flash-Freeze, Lightning Flash (or Aftershock if they have a lot of projectile classes such as Ranger or Guardian).
Elite: Rebound!

Warhorn is a lot more bunkery and tough than Focus. The heals in water can grant a total heal of over 10000 HP, while in Focus that aspect is nonexistent. Because aquamancer’s training is in effect, these skills can be recharged much faster (but don’t stay in water).

Also, Earth 4 grants 6 seconds of the almighty protrction boon.

Tips for surviving.

- Each aura heals ~ 1.5k HP so use often, and cleans one condi too

- Use water 3 in water 5 to get free 3000 HP. Best way to do this is to use Water 4 >> Water 5 >> Water 3..Always be mobile or you die (even though sustain is insanely high).

- Use earth 4 every single time you’re in Earth attunement. Not only do you receive 6 sec of protection but allies around you receive 3 sec of protection.

- Dodge a lot. Trust me. Try dodging while in water 5 to get its full healing benefits.

- Save fire shout for condi cleanse. Fortunately it only has a 25 sec CD.

- Flash-Freeze cleans off two condis as well.

- Rebound cleans one condi, and then the following aura cleans another.

- Use air overload for damage, fire overload for might stack, water overload for group healing, earth overload for point protection or enemy immobilize at burst

- Save lightning flash for very tough spots and tense pressure and to move around

- Wash the pain away also cleans off a condi.

I have sustained against 5 players occasionally. This build can resist any build 1v1 (maybe except for extreme condi bombs)

(edited by Abelisk.4527)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Celestial Scepter/Dagger build
This is what I’ve been using for years now. Not the best according to most players but I like it because it is versatile, provides decent survivability and most importantly, fits the way I enjoy playing my Elly.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Disco Biscuit.1864

Disco Biscuit.1864

I want to run a full auramancer but the rune of radiance is very underwhelming, any thoughts on a buff? I posted a thread

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

Post-patch condi burn build, based off of Quantify’s current condi tempest

Note: will use Toxic Focusing Crystal post-patch. Master Tuning Crystal is for current use and closest spec. Final condi damage should be 1825 with the TFC.

Goals: Get as much burn duration (100%), condi damage, power, and crit chance (up to 91.19% with spotter, banner of discipline, and fury) as I could, while avoiding condi duration food and utility.

Quantify’s current build

(edited by mygamingid.5816)

Post Your Build Thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

Vanilla Condi Elementalist

Goals: 100% burn duration, vanilla spec (Fire/Earth/Arcane), permanent passive Signet of Fire, 16s recharge on Signet of Fire, massive base condi damage, self-generation of Might (switch Fire to 1-1-1 if you have raid buffbots).

Notes: Updated 8/25/2017.

(edited by mygamingid.5816)