Ridiculous Aura Support Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Seriously, this is just so silly, it’s great.

SPvP:

Ether Renewal (for condition cleansing, debating WtPA)
Feel the Burn, Aftershock, Flash Freeze, Rebound

Staff
Sigil of Energy and Renewal
Runes of Radiance
Minister’s Amulet
Arcane (debating Earth or Fire): Renewing Stamina, Contingency, EA
Water: Soothing Ice, Cleansing Wave, Powerful Aura
Tempest: Unstable Conduit, Invigorating Torrents, Elemental Bastion

All I do is just cycle between my utilities and heal when they’re up. Focus on using Rebound while in Air and using Air Overload. Heal Allies!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Will be trying a variant of this today for sure! Ty!

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

This build would probably work better with soldier runes and cleansing water for the ally cleanse. Powerful auras really needs to be merged with elemental bastion, the synergies are all stepping over eachother so that support guard will still be much better support.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Ryld.1340

This build would probably work better with soldier runes and cleansing water for the ally cleanse. Powerful auras really needs to be merged with elemental bastion, the synergies are all stepping over eachother so that support guard will still be much better support.

I use Radiance for the extra light aura and aura duration increase.

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

Let me explain my reasoning. You play this build because of the extra cool effects you can apply utilizing auras through trait synergies, not because the auras in themselves are all that great (except for shocking aura), making the increased duration not as useful as you’d think.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Ryld.1340

Let me explain my reasoning. You play this build because of the extra cool effects you can apply utilizing auras through trait synergies, not because the auras in themselves are all that great (except for shocking aura), making the increased duration not as useful as you’d think.

Magnetic Aura and Shocking Aura are by themselves fantastic. The extra Chill from an AoE frost aura is definitely noticeable. The only one that feels meh would be Fire Aura. I can see the merit of Soldier’s for the cleansing and I’ll try it out.

Also, I’m having more success I think running Earth instead of Arcane for the Protection on Auras, Rock Solid, and Stone Heart.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

pick the reduced earth cooldown, no need for soldier runes, also diamond skin is a viable choice instead of stone heart.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Ryld.1340

Still experimenting with the Soldier’s Runes. I find Diamond Skin to be too much of an “all or nothing” trait. Stone Heart works well with Rock Solid + Ether Renewal for healing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

With worhorn I actually prefer aquamancers alacrity over the condition removal upon switching to water. Warhorn has 2 great water skills and shaving ~12 seconds of each off their cooldowns is really nice, especially since #4 gives regen for another condi removal.

Still not sure which 3rd traitline to take with water+tempest. And I guess we’re still forced into celestial amulet

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

works better with earth. used it in beta and people said tempest sucked anyway, but its good

in Elementalist

Posted by: Towren.1745

Towren.1745

Yeah. Works better with earth.

Really good point holder.

But am I the only one that finds it slightly boring?

Recipe for Disaster
Guild Leader
[EU] Desolation

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

Arcane/water/tempest is probably best for purely being a point holding healing bunkerbot that makes your team immune to condis with shouts and cleaning water and rarely overloads.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Last of the Red Hot Swamis