Tempest & Warhorn confirmed – Feedback [merged]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

In the concept art, it looks to me the elementalist has a sword. (in offhand though…) Either way, I’m still betting on sword for ele. Warhorn would give very little, whereas sword could be a truly melee weapon. Warhorn is just a focus for non casters.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

God please no².

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Generously added for 50 bucks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

It certainly is optional, but for the first one you have to make something cool and exciting, then you can have not so amazing options.

But I honestly would get really bummed if everyone is partying with awesome new specializations and I am still playing the same way as before because my new specialization ends up being horrible.

Which, again, I think there is a high chance of happening. Though I really hope I am wrong in this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

But I honestly would get really bummed if everyone is partying with awesome new specializations and I am still playing the same way as before because my new specialization ends up being horrible.

Which, again, I think there is a high chance of happening. Though I really hope I am wrong in this.

Do you think any of the existing classes with known elite specs will use their new weapon with that elite spec? The shield for mesmer is terrible when torch lets you set up one shot mind wrack combos. Its basically a zerg weapon in WvW. The longbow for dragonhunter may only be used on certain specs as it won’t work with a bunker/support set up because its selfish and medi may still out dps it. The reaper GS will probably be used in PvE but in PvP its so slow that fighting things with lots of dodges and blinds will make it completely useless, such as thieves and mesmers (although reaper shroud will be good though).

So yeah don’t worry, most classes will have builds that will use the elite specialization, but I’d say that more often than not, they’ll use they’re original weapons unless the new ones are useful enough to outclass to the technique, strategy, and utility we’ve built up for 3 years, which at first glance doesn’t seem to be the case with any of the 3 elite spec weapons we know all the details of.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

I’m willing to accept this…

…if each attunement for Warhorn has a special Conjure that only replaces the first three weapon slots. 1H Sword conjure, 1H Pistol conjure, 1H Mace conjure, 1H Torch conjure.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Archangel.5942

Archangel.5942

Generously added for 50 bucks.

50 bucks for the expansion. Features, maps, and new things. You’re not paying $50 for the warhorn itself. Bruh.

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

@Nearlight

I for one think that all the new classes got some interesting stuff that gives the options. Certainly I don’t think they will camp those new weapons nor do I think they will always use it – maybe just keeping some as a secondary option.

But the elementalist desperately needs options. It needs something to really break out and provide variance to the cantrips and an elite worth a its slot.

With the new patch changing a lot of stuff for new classes, whilst keeping the game still much like it was for the elementalist, I think our chances of getting options / variations are very low.

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

50 bucks for the expansion. Features, maps, and new things. You’re not paying $50 for the warhorn itself. Bruh.

It’s coming in the package for which I have to pay. It’s far from generous.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeadBishop.6058

DeadBishop.6058

Do you think any of the existing classes with known elite specs will use their new weapon with that elite spec? The shield for mesmer is terrible when torch lets you set up one shot mind wrack combos. Its basically a zerg weapon in WvW. The longbow for dragonhunter may only be used on certain specs as it won’t work with a bunker/support set up because its selfish and medi may still out dps it. The reaper GS will probably be used in PvE but in PvP its so slow that fighting things with lots of dodges and blinds will make it completely useless, such as thieves and mesmers (although reaper shroud will be good though).

So yeah don’t worry, most classes will have builds that will use the elite specialization, but I’d say that more often than not, they’ll use they’re original weapons unless the new ones are useful enough to outclass to the technique, strategy, and utility we’ve built up for 3 years, which at first glance doesn’t seem to be the case with any of the 3 elite spec weapons we know all the details of.

Keep in mind that most classes(except ele and engi) can use two weapon sets, so they can switch to whats more appropriate for the moment. Ele have only one weapon set (okay we have 4 attunements but until those are diametrically different in what they do it’s like we have 4 skills which have 5 different animations) so yeah, reaper greatsword is slow, but he can deplete enemies dodge with other weapon and then wreck him with GS.

Luna El Storm – [DOOM] Elementalist

(edited by DeadBishop.6058)

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

Keep in mind that most classes(except ele and engi) can use two weapon sets, so they can switch to whats more appropriate for the moment. Ele have only one weapon set (okay we have 4 attunements but until those are diametrically different in what they do it’s like we have 4 skills which have 5 different animations) so yeah, reaper greatsword is slow, but he can deplete enemies dodge with other weapon and then wreck him with GS.

Maybe I guess. As far as necromancers go, most will probably go GS/Staff for power so they don’t lose all ranged pressure, even though staff is hardly ranged pressure at all, meanwhile condition builds will stick with Scepter/dagg/staff.

I think your concerns are valid, but its straight up facetious to be worried about animations more than they effect the gameplay.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alurazle.5430

Alurazle.5430

I don’t know why people are so excited about the idea of elementalist getting a one-handed sword.

FIRST OF ALL, Nearly every class can use sword and all those sword skills (guard, warrior, ranger, thief, mesmer, and possibly revenant) are just standard melee skills (cuts, slashes, blinks, dodge, etc) which are things dagger kinda already does. -.-

Sword if you think about it may look good, but it’s such a boring weapon that 5/8 classes already use!!! While only 3 classes (warrior, ranger, and necromancer) use warhorn and if you think about the Hunter’ Call the ranger has and the Locus Swarm necromancers get the idea of warhorn sounds hell of lot more fun. Summoning storms around you like Locus swarm and instant aoes at an enemies location like Hunter’s call without having to ground target would make me more excited, then just using a longer dagger….cause that what a sword is.

Dragonbrand4life

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

I agree full-heartedly! My fabulous norn elementalist is so primed and ready to take howler of my necrobank’s hands!

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

I’m really excited out the possibility of Warhorn myself.

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

You realise you’re going to use a shorter dagger with a warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

I could see why Anet would pick Warhorn over a new mainhand: less skills to implement!

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

You realise you’re going to use a shorter dagger with a warhorn?

Necromancers have been doing that for 3 years, its nothing new!

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

“Everything started with sound. Sound bring matter to this world. Matter move that world. Elements are cogs that sound wave. Will you sustain natural distasters from origin when I call them?”

I can imagine intro to this spec.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s going to be warhorn instead of a sword. Warhorn can create sound waves, which creates wind. Definition of “Tempest” has a lot to do with wind and storms. Even the warhorn skin OP posted shows a windy skin. So…..

Sword wouldn’t add much new if it’s short range. Dagger is short range and why make the squishiest class fight even more in short range. Warhorn can be long range.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3bd5jw/update_revenant_shield_and_sword_skills_changed/

Looks like the Ele sword skills have been removed.

Nothing’s confirmed obviously, but this looks like another nail in the sword coffin

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daxxter.8920

Daxxter.8920

Because the focus is the most awesome thing you can bring into any fight, why replace it… I would go for sword over dagger any day but my focus is like my heart, remove it and I’m dead.

I would see sword as a middle range between the scepter and dagger.

(edited by Daxxter.8920)

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3bd5jw/update_revenant_shield_and_sword_skills_changed/

Nothing’s confirmed obviously, but this looks like another nail in the sword coffin

Kitten….

It is extremely unlikely that a warhorn will bring good things for the ele…. seriously. A lot of people are coming here saying “yay it will be a long range off hand”…. like seriously? A long range off hand to go with what?? Dagger a close range weapon or with Scepter a mid range weapon?

Warhorn brings literally nothing new for us. Oh I want to control storms with it – you can do that already with what we have…. conjurers have “storm” skills and you have glyphs. In another topic a guy posted how we don’t have these in “off hand format”…. so the new specialization that is supposed to bring something “new” to the class is meant to bring what we have in a different format? That is the “new”? Just a rearrange of our skills?

And if it is the warhorn we most likely will also get shouts…. did anyone else see the shouts they added to the Necro? Most were bad offensive shouts…. now imagine on the ele that even has a worse creativity behind it…. Either we are getting more group support – which we have in abundance – or we getting another set of “great” offensive shouts…. which will again be more skills that set in the “choice” window while we keep running cantrips or, now and then, signets.

Sigh…. in the extremely unlikely event this comes out being a good specialization I will certainly come out and say I was wrong and praise ANET for the good job.

But if the most likely train wreck comes I hope the people now praising the choice of the warhorn will have the decency to look at it objectively and to come out and say they were wrong and support us in getting rid of a train wreck specialization to help force ANET into giving us a real specialization.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CDUB.1645

CDUB.1645

I just want the weapon to be both main and offhand. Will provide and promote more diversity with ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Memories Lost.7634

Memories Lost.7634

Really the only problem I have with it is that both dagger and focus are solid offhands as is. I’m just wondering how they will slot a warhorn in so that its usefull but not the most op offhand.

Well that and I was looking forward to having an excuse to buy/make infinite light because I love that skin and it would look great on my ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

So bummed right now, still holding out hope but the creeping despair is starting to get to me that we are getting a lame warhorn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

So bummed right now, still holding out hope but the creeping despair is starting to get to me that we are getting a lame warhorn.

There’s always revenant…

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Weren’t the auto-attack chain datamined already? Words are “cut”… Seems like sword to me.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

Weren’t the auto-attack chain datamined already? Words are “cut”… Seems like sword to me.

This was a few months ago and they were removed in the last patch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Datamining doesn’t actually prove anything. Ele sword skills were supposedly datamined, and a warhorn skin was mined, but nothing is confirmed until a blog post.

Fishsticks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Sword can be very awesome and interesting if done creatively. I’m all for creative modes of play which makes me rather confused when people keep pressing for ele sword main to just get a cleave weapon. I mean, yeah, sure ele doesn’t really have a specifically “swing and cleave” type of weapon but that’s hardly a playstyle. Necros got a cleaving weapon not because they needed a weapon to swing and hit multiple foes, they got GS because their AoE was limited. Elementalist isn’t limited on AoE at all. They likely have more AoE than any other profession (I’m learning about engi and they seem pretty good at AoE too) so introducing a melee cleave is only to pander to a specific attack style, NOT a play style.

I once made a suggestion for a sword off-hand for ele that kinda sorta made a ‘trapper’ out of elementalist since ele doesn’t have anything like traps/marks to work with. THAT is the way people should be looking at weapons and specs, at least when we’re trying to add to a profession’s capabilities.

in Elementalist

Posted by: gandlethorpe.2641

gandlethorpe.2641

Swords have better skins, and also I have a Minstrel ;_;

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alesthes.4287

Alesthes.4287

Great. Time to look for a new main to play in HoT. Congratulation devs.

- Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers Community
Piken Square – EU Unofficial RP server
Tarnished Coast – US Unofficial RP server

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

Sword can be very awesome and interesting if done creatively. I’m all for creative modes of play which makes me rather confused when people keep pressing for ele sword main to just get a cleave weapon. I mean, yeah, sure ele doesn’t really have a specifically “swing and cleave” type of weapon but that’s hardly a playstyle. Necros got a cleaving weapon not because they needed a weapon to swing and hit multiple foes, they got GS because their AoE was limited. Elementalist isn’t limited on AoE at all. They likely have more AoE than any other profession (I’m learning about engi and they seem pretty good at AoE too) so introducing a melee cleave is only to pander to a specific attack style, NOT a play style.

I once made a suggestion for a sword off-hand for ele that kinda sorta made a ‘trapper’ out of elementalist since ele doesn’t have anything like traps/marks to work with. THAT is the way people should be looking at weapons and specs, at least when we’re trying to add to a profession’s capabilities.

Most people who want sword (like myself) see sword as a possibility for a bursty, evade/blink type of assassin. More of a “I see you there, you’re going to die” type of all in playstyle that the thief and mesmer have that depends on evades and blinks for survivability, not regen, protection and heals. Scepter has a form of this, but it’s ranged and it’s still mixed if taken with focus with tons of utility which is why it’s not as powerful as mesmer/thief burst.

D/D is more of an in your face, tanky/healy type of melee brawler and this would make it more interesting, at least I think it would be an interesting take on the elementalist. A mage melee assassin.

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

There’s only one thing warhorn could bring that ele is lacking and that’s probably a viable condition build with unavailable conditions like poison (acid rain?). Though I hate conditions builds.

I agree, conditions are boring in this game, there is very littel “skill” involved to conditions (in my opinion). Just spam them all and forget. Plus, condition gearing is just… borked. Power at least has a trade off, if you want damage you give up vitality and toughness and healing power to be truly effective. Conditions can go toughness/condition damage/vitality if they want and be very effective and super tanky.

To be honest though, I don’t have an idea on how to make conditions more interactive, their very nature is they need time on a target so it’s always going to be a fire and forget. Plus, everyone and their grandmother farts conditions just by turning left so there’s just an overabundance of them as well…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Great. Time to look for a new main to play in HoT. Congratulation devs.

I wouldn’t be so pessimisic yet. We should just wait and see what weapon ele is getting when they announce it.

However, if it’s a warnorn, then I suggest to break ele forums down.

I don’t know what they’re trying to do honestly, but you can lock the datamined skills, they do not have to be removed. If they really decided to remove them and give warhorn to ele, I hope someone is praying for the devs souls, because they clearly lost it.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

No.

/15 no’s

/more no’s

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

No.

/15 no’s

/more no’s

Who/what are you no’ing to? Warhorn? Or what I wrote?

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

No.

/15 no’s

/more no’s

Who/what are you no’ing to? Warhorn? Or what I wrote?

To the title of this thread. -_-

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

What if the Warhorn was part of the Revenant’s specialisation? The ascended warhorn that has been datamined looks “misty” and the overall aesthetic could be related to the Revenant’s elite hero.

I feel like people are making the elementalist warhorn assumption purely because it looks airy/wavy and “Tempest-y”, whilst not looking at the heaps of opposing evidence. The only thing that slightly worries me is that the sword skills have been currently removed from the .dat .

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

What if the Warhorn was part of the Revenant’s specialisation? The ascended warhorn that has been datamined looks “misty” and the overall aesthetic could be related to the Revenant’s elite hero.

I feel like people are making the elementalist warhorn assumption purely because it looks airy/wavy and “Tempest-y”, whilst not looking at the heaps of opposing evidence. The only thing that slightly worries me is that the sword skills have been currently removed from the .dat .

The Shield is Revenant’s Elite for Glint.

The reason the Warhorn falls on Elementalist is that it follows the same normal version+ascended version as all of the other Elite Specialization weapons have that were datamined. We already know most of the class weapons, except Warrior (has Warhorn), Thief (Seems to be getting staff), and Elementalist who ironically is getting a specialization based around air and storms (which doesn’t only work on the level of the weapon’s design but the fact that it requires the elementalist’s physical air to use, which seems clever).

I wouldn’t worry too much, though. I’ve fairly sure about WH and Tempest, but they already said they’d be adding more specializations, so it’s not like it’s the only shot, and who knows.. It might be cool.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

The Shield is Revenant’s Elite for Glint.

The reason the Warhorn falls on Elementalist is that it follows the same normal version+ascended version as all of the other Elite Specialization weapons have that were datamined. We already know most of the class weapons, except Warrior (has Warhorn), Thief (Seems to be getting staff), and Elementalist who ironically is getting a specialization based around air and storms (which doesn’t only work on the level of the weapon’s design but the fact that it requires the elementalist’s physical air to use, which seems clever).

I wouldn’t worry too much, though. I’ve fairly sure about WH and Tempest, but they already said they’d be adding more specializations, so it’s not like it’s the only shot, and who knows.. It might be cool.

Do you really believe they will be actually adding anyhting new after the release of hot? I don’t see that happening for months after the release and it’s not fair ele will be stuck with the same old stuff for that long again. We need some diversity, come on. Not another bad weapon ele will have to make a use of or never actually pick up. If it’s going to be warhorn, I’m going to be seriously disappointed and finally drop ele, I guess.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

I generally thought ele were getting sword but after seeing the warhorn and the sword skills that were datmined being removed and no longer work, i think it is almost certain ele will get warhorn.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in Elementalist

Retsuko.2035

The reactions here is proof how much people in general care so much about appearance over mechanics and skill workings. You want to swing a sword as an ele? well… too bad.

There’s absolutely no information available about how the warhorn would work or what kind of skills it will have. So why are people QQ’ing already?

I don’t dislike the idea of a warhorn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

The reactions here is proof how much people in general care so much about appearance over mechanics and skill workings. You want to swing a sword as an ele? well… too bad.

There’s absolutely no information available about how the warhorn would work or what kind of skills it will have. So why are people QQ’ing already?

Hell yeah! when we rek em with warhorns then we’ll be the ones laughing aha but i do have a super warhorn skin so i can use that one =D

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

It’s been said on multiple occasion why people dislike warhorn. Also, elite spec weapons work normally, there’s no “u wot 8” reaction, it’s revenant weapons that are unortodox. I wouldn’t expect anything else then some kind of pbaoe skills.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

it’s been sad several times that ele needs a mainhand or twohand weapon rather than offhand, it brings very little diversity to the class. How is that connected with looks? Warhorn is usually a support weapon and ele doesn’t need that either. Would be cool if there was actually a viable dps spec for ele for once, but that’s not going to happen with a warhorn. And people actually care about the mechanics, that’s why they don’t want warhorn. The reason people would like warhorn were usually like ‘’It would be so cool’’ and ‘’I can use my Howler’’, so please restrain yourself from statements like this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

it’s been sad several times that ele needs a mainhand or twohand weapon rather than offhand, it brings very little diversity to the class. How is that connected with looks? Warhorn is usually a support weapon and ele doesn’t need that either. Would be cool if there was actually a viable dps spec for ele for once, but that’s not going to happen with a warhorn. And people actually care about the mechanics, that’s why they don’t want warhorn. The reason people would like warhorn were usually like ‘’It would be so cool’’ and ‘’I can use my Howler’’, so please restrain yourself from statements like this.

What does “actual viable dps spec” mean? PvP??? Because pretty sure in PvE Staff is one of the top DPS (or at least, was prior to the patch). If you mean in PvP, celestial does okay. That wasn’t going to change just because you were using a sword. They still had plans to add conditions to the sword skills and Ele would still have 11k base hp. People would likely still run Cele in PvP if Sword was viable at all…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Elementalist

Retsuko.2035

Doesn’t change the fact that you have absolutely no idea what warhorn would give, other then an assumption of it being support.

Maybe tempest will change the entire way dagger or scepter mainhand would work beside getting warhorn. So far, all elite specs shown us it’s not just a new weapon.

Also there is just as much lack of offhand as mainhand skills right now. Seeing how dagger/scepter are in a strong position, while dagger and offhand are not makes more sense to see a new offhand rather then new mainhand.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

What does “actual viable dps spec” mean? PvP??? Because pretty sure in PvE Staff is one of the top DPS (or at least, was prior to the patch). If you mean in PvP, celestial does okay. That wasn’t going to change just because you were using a sword. They still had plans to add conditions to the sword skills and Ele would still have 11k base hp. People would likely still run Cele in PvP if Sword was viable at all…

I’m not talking about pve. And celestial d/d ele is not a dps spec. I don’t know how esle to explain to you what I mean than saying a spec that’s based on doing damage. Not really, you can equip marauder. Sword could have completely changed the way dps ele works and actually make it viable in high tier, which is totally not atm.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Doesn’t change the fact that you have absolutely no idea what warhorn would give, other then an assumption of it being support.

Maybe tempest will change the entire way dagger or scepter mainhand would work beside getting warhorn. So far, all elite specs shown us it’s not just a new weapon.

Also there is just as much lack of offhand as mainhand skills right now. Seeing how dagger/scepter are in a strong position, while dagger and offhand are not makes more sense to see a new offhand rather then new mainhand.

Yes, that was an assumption. However, it doesn’t change the fact that it’s still and offhand and both offhands are in a good spot atm. You can’t say that about scepter for example, it’s far from being a good weapon. I doubt tempest will change how mainhands work and seeing as most eles seem not to be happy about it, I would say that you’re in the minority.

It’s not really fun anymore, playing the same old stuff over and over. Nothing really changed for ele, only the fact we now have two more traits. So getting yet another offhand that won’t change the way the spec is played seems completely useless to me. Obviously it could be different, but I highly doubt that. So excuse me, but I hate the idea of warhorn for ele.