Time to revisit Ele nerfs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

In WvW Ele is fine. Most complaints that are reasonable are about tPvP.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Fine in WvW? When was the last time you played WvW? they are far from “fine” when i see an ele in WVW i am thinking “Nice, free kill” they might be bunker but that wont save them the ONLY thing that can save them from that point is if:

1) A zerg shows up
2) A group show up
3) They run
4) hide behind NPC at camps

I cant remember the last time i actually died to a Ele in WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

I have no clue about wvw because a few kind of important nerfs didnt carry over to that game mode and you have more freedom to adjust your stats.
But tbh i cant imagine how i could defeat a good engi if he was running kitten like runes of perplexity
Maybe if you can reach high power,crit damage levels without droping your hp and toughness too low you can force very fast fights and avoid all that cond jazz.
I can see why LightningBlaze is fine 1vs1 with a burst build in wvw if the burst is enough to drop the other guy low enough to turn defensive and you avoid a dragged fight.Other rules over there i guess

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

Fine in WvW? When was the last time you played WvW? they are far from “fine” when i see an ele in WVW i am thinking “Nice, free kill” they might be bunker but that wont save them the ONLY thing that can save them from that point is if:

1) A zerg shows up
2) A group show up
3) They run

Ele is fine in WvW. I main one and I have tons of 1vs2 or 1vs3 where I stand my ground and kite with ease. You are not supposed to facetank. In an attritionbattle I very often outlast 2-3 players. That is of course also coming from build and experience.

There is no class in this game that cannot be beaten 1v1. Not even nightmare/terrornecro.
Then again it depends on both builds in the encounter. After all this is Build Wars 2.

Be sure that on my ele I will most certainly send any ganker back to his homebase with new repairfees or kite him until he does not want to follow me anymore. If i dont want to die, I just dont die. I gank gankers.

80% critical damage and 60% (w/ fury) critical chance on d/d, havin 2500 armour and permanent protection uptime for the first 30-40 seconds, 16k hp and around 10-20 stacks of might. While having 60% boonduration, 500 healingpower and bleeds that will tick for up to 100 with mightstacks.

Maybe the eles you meet in WvW are not very good or dont have any routine in 1v1?
I dont know. But neither I nor any other Ele i’d call good are a free kill to any class.

Afterall this is a teambased game and were a d/d really excels the most is at roaming with 1-3 partners. The buffs you provide, paired with high PbAoE burst are insane.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Its been even longer since i actually met a Ele in WvW that is an attack build they all seem to run Bunker builds. Protection doesnt work against conditions does it?

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

It does not. But did we specificly reduce the conversation to conditionbuilds?
Just dont go full berserkermode vs a condimancer or engineer. They have high cooldowns on conditionburst and fearchains. Kite to win. For heavens sake.
I remove 9 conditions on 10-15 seconds CD and I will make sure to LoS the necro before I do.

Also I’d like to point out my edit:
Afterall this is a teambased game and were a d/d really excels the most is at roaming with 1-3 partners. The buffs you provide, paired with high PbAoE burst are insane.

Mesmer on the other hand have the most kittenedly op 1v1 conditionbuilds and I will make sure to make use of their bad mobility and walk away. There are builds that cannot be beaten on same skillevel with certain builds. For me mesmer is a faceroll and I will most certainly laugh into ones face if he “demands” 1v1 to prove anything.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

No offense Zumy, but judging by your sig I’m guessing it’s fair to say you’re an expert in regards to ele. That said, do you really expect every other player to be on the same level as you in regards to their capabilities? If you are so good and your opinion is it’s “fine”, then by extension anyone less skilled than you is going to find the class “less than fine”.

And just how are you kiting necros that have greater range with d/d? LoS isnt always an alternative. Plus condi removal is always an issue for me – even with cleansing fire. Necros, mesmers and thieves are worst for me due to condi and targeting issues.

I’ve played ele since beta, but only competitive pvp/wvw for the last 3-4 months or so and I’ve always found it excruciating. Tried many builds, weapon sets, traits, skills, etc. I’ve found it a very unforgiving class and refuse to believe I suck this bad at it – especially when I’ve found much more success in other classes/games. So if the main problem isn’t between the keyboard and the chair I start looking elsewhere for the issue.

I’m curious about your build tho, I use PTV armor with zerk jewelry (so similar stats) but have very minimal healing power when not traited into water.

(edited by ghettogenius.9174)

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

What does my Sig have to do with that?
Just curious. My playtime on Ele should be around 500 hours.

You have a 900 unit immobilize and high swiftness uptime. You can kite his conditionburst and first fearchain by rtl-ing and cleansing after or using armor of earth after his corrupt boon and heal up with aether renewal cleansing everything. Most heavy burst will be on CD for 25-45 seconds now and you can harass. He has less sustain so you can rinse and repeat bit by bit. He will not fill up his hp-bar. You need to play a necro defensively with quick and safe bursts. You will outlast him. This is no 10 second fight if you want to win it.

It is about the hardest fight an elementalist can get and win.
There are other builds that you cannot kill e.g. stun perplexity warrior. But neither should they kill you.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You have a 900 unit immobilize and high swiftness uptime. You can kite his conditionburst and first fearchain by rtl-ing and cleansing after or using armor of earth after his corrupt boon and heal up with aether renewal cleansing everything. Most heavy burst will be on CD for 25-45 seconds now and you can harass. He has less sustain so you can rinse and repeat bit by bit. He will not fill up his hp-bar. You need to play a necro defensively with quick and safe bursts. You will outlast him. This is no 10 second fight if you want to win it.

Mesmer – can stun, Daze and cripple, gap close, Teleport and have swiftness have several range stuns as well. can also swap between range and melee every 10seconds if needed.

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

Mesmer – can stun, Daze and cripple, gap close, Teleport and have swiftness have several range stuns as well. can also swap between range and melee every 10seconds if needed.

Yes, and in all that time I will not do anything but walk around like a chicken. Fighting that mesmer with 3 different weaponsets and 5 utilities you are talking of.

As already stated, mesmer in 1v1 tome is a faceroll class and I cant even be bothered to play mine because it is so easy to pull off the biggest wins in 1vX.
Still they can be beaten as they get used to their easymode and can be surprised.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Elementalist

Posted by: GitzZz.7345

GitzZz.7345

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmKbzR5wjEAkCmMK0hQxDNUeMTO2A

I have decent success with this as a d/d for roaming. Taking the 10 in earth for 10% damage as d/d seemed to help. You could also take bolt to the heart or the 10% damage in air attunement trait (+20% lightning whip damage) or put another 10 in water for vigor/regen cantrips.

That’s just like your opinion, man.

(edited by GitzZz.7345)

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yes, and in all that time I will not do anything but walk around like a chicken. Fighting that mesmer with 3 different weaponsets and 5 utilities you are talking of.

As already stated, mesmer in 1v1 tome is a faceroll class and I cant even be bothered to play mine because it is so easy to pull off the biggest wins in 1vX.
Still they can be beaten as they get used to their easymode and can be surprised.

3 weapons and 5 utilities? we have stuns and dazes on more then 1 weapon, we have stuns/dazes on several utilities, weapons and shatters

Cripple = Greatsword, Focus, Sword
Daze/Stun = Greatsword, Shatter, 2 Utilities, Staff, Focus, Pistol
Teleport = Staff, 1 Utility
Swiftness = Focus
AoE interrupt = Focus, Greatsword

From there i could go with Staff and Sword/Focus, i could swap out and go with Pistol for range stun, i could go with with greatsword for cripple, long range damage as well – So as you were saying 3 weapons and 5 utilities? Other then the Swiftness Mesmer have plenty of options on various weapons and utilities for all of that.

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

That greastword must be awesome on a conditionbuild.

That said GS + Sw/Tor is the cheesiest build a 1v1 could ever feature.
Also those interrupts on focus and GS get dodged by anyone that doesnt play blindfolded.

So yes, there are facerollers you cannot beat as for killing them before you die from afk iZerkers and Shatternukes out of stealth but who would claim that his class can beat anything on any build?
This speaking of close skilllevel. A better player can kill a worse one even manning a golem.

What is the goddearmn point you are trying to make?

You find ele hard? Stay on your mesmer and collect easy kills padding your shoulder afterwards. Sure as hell you wont kill me as I know how to get lost of mesmers training with some of the best mesmers out there in our tPvP Arena.
And so far I killed almost every mesmer who wasnt using GS+ Sw/Tor.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That greastword must be awesome on a conditionbuild.

That might be sarcasm but it actually is, Auto attack hits 3 times with Sigil of Earth can eaisly proc Bleeding, Mirror Blade = Might, Vul and clone on the target which can proc Bleeding. iZerker cripples and with the right Crit chance 50%+ (easily done) can stack 5+ bleeds per a attack then if you go with Perplexity you have an easy to use Interrupt for some confusion.

Take On death traits and you can give Cripple, Confusion and a random condition on illusion death which works great with clones created on the target and illusions spawned near the target.

Now its not as strong as Staff for obvious reason, but the fact it can hit quite hard from range, has a very strong illusion in Zerker and clones that are spawned on the target means its nothing to just dismiss. Might also increases power and Condition damage as well and with IE you can get a decent amount of Might from Mirror Blade alone, they also bounce between clones and phantasms as well giving them Might.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

It is about the hardest fight an elementalist can get and win.
There are other builds that you cannot kill e.g. stun perplexity warrior. But neither should they kill you.

I was assuming any player that has gathered 5 legendaries would also have acquired some skill along the way, unless of course they bought them off the TP. You obviously seem to know what you’re doing and that just reinforces my point – very skilled players can make ele effective. Average players cannot.

Without metrics I think it is safe to say most players are average (if not below), therefore they have an even harder time being effective as an ele. This has lead to a sizable portion of the community to agree that ele is underperforming. Great players will naturally succeed with any class they choose, so they may overlook shortcomings that would stop less skilled players in their tracks.

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

@ArmageddonAsh:
Ok buddy, you win.
Please everybody play mesmer now. There is no way an ele could beat this hardmode skilled class.

What server are you on mate?

@Ghettogenious: gathering legendaries only requires skill at the trading point and some lucky drops.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That said GS + Sw/Tor is the cheesiest build a 1v1 could ever feature.
Also those interrupts on focus and GS get dodged by anyone that doesnt play blindfolded.

So yes, there are facerollers you cannot beat as for killing them before you die from afk iZerkers and Shatternukes out of stealth but who would claim that his class can beat anything on any build?
This speaking of close skilllevel. A better player can kill a worse one even manning a golem.

What is the goddearmn point you are trying to make?

You find ele hard? Stay on your mesmer and collect easy kills padding your shoulder afterwards. Sure as hell you wont kill me as I know how to get lost of mesmers training with some of the best mesmers out there in our tPvP Arena.

kitten .

Thats why you can use dodge to get behind them, stealth to get close to them, easy to use and fast not as easily dodged as you seem to think. Just to show that the Ele isnt exactly that well off, it might have a few decent skills but nothing that can really save it.

Vapor is nice but thats pretty much the “oh great about to die, lets make them wait even longer for it” button. Best thing ele can do is kite, though they wont exactly get to do that alot with all the skills that can be used and i only mentioned Mesmer ones other classes have plenty of gap closers, stuns and such as well and that doesnt even include the range attacks

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Ok buddy, you win.
Please everybody play mesmer now. There is no way an ele could beat this hardmode skilled class.

What server are you on mate?

I actually want to go the OTHER way, i am just finding it really hard to get back into my Ele So much potential for a great condition build but Anet doesnt want it which is kind of sad. To me, it just seems that Ele sacrifice so much potential for damage and condition builds thanks to Water Attunement

I am on WhiteRidge

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

Oh my god mate, that build can basicallly faceroll any other class. Because it is goddermn easymode. And you admit it all the way.
Stay on your mesmer and everything will be fine!
You mitght want to try d/p thief though. Same skillceiling.

Well, me being on Kodasch, we will have to wait for our duels just a little bit.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Oh my god mate, that build can basicallly faceroll any other class. Because it is goddermn easymode. And you admit it all the way.
Stay on your mesmer and everything will be fine!
You mitght want to try d/p thief though. Same skillceiling.

What server were you at again?

Cant stand Thief, to much stealth for my liking. You dont even know what build i run lol so how can you know my build is “easymode”?

As already stated – I am on WhiteRidge

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

and how do you get “permanent protection uptime for the first 30-40 seconds” on those builds ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

1) A zerg shows up
2) A group show up
3) They run

I can accept some of the criticism about the Ele within spvp/tpvp. When it comes to WvW pvp unless you are a Mesmer that constantly stealths and burst, you will be the easy kill against any decent Ele.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

Armor of Earth and Earthattunement on CD. You most likely will pop AoE pretty early. Stuns and fears everywhere.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I can accept some of the criticism about the Ele within spvp/tpvp. When it comes to WvW pvp unless you are a Mesmer that constantly stealths and burst, you will be the easy kill against any decent Ele.

How do you define “decent”?
I have yet to be scared fighting Eles, now most of that i think is down to the fact they all seem to run Bunker so dont offer anything that scare me. “constantly stealths” we have like 10-11seconds if we go for ALL the skills, that is:

torch – rarely used as the #5 is awful.
Veil – 2seconds and need to stay near it for mor
Decoy – I agree this one is great
Mass Invis – Again Great

I am more of the constant moving, dodging, hide in clones, shatter and condition type of Mesmer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

Armor of Earth and Earthattunement on CD. You most likely will pop AoE pretty early. Stuns and fears everywhere.

c’mon dude you spend 500h on ele and even dont know how many Protection AoE + earth swap give? No matter how you calculate it, it is not 30-40seconds

(edited by Lavadiel.6231)

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

Watch some videos from vashury and reconsider your opinion about torch, please. Vashbash in Youtube.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That aimed at me? Personally i would go with a stun opener allow you to use stun breaker, as i have several options maybe pop iDuelist for some initial pressure while having you inside Feedback, does nothing for you skills but getting a few early confusion stacks, pop Confusing Images for some more and see where it goes.

I have blocks that give Torment, clones that give Bleeding, Confusion and a random condition when they die. I have staff and staff clones for some more condition pressure as well as range maker if you get to close and Chaos Armor if you like to melee

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Watch some videos from vashury and reconsider your opinion about torch, please. Vashbash in Youtube.

The stealth is great, the conditions from the stealth is nice as well. its the iMage i dont like, to low stacks of confusion that barely last and retal that is only helpful if you are in range for it.

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

c’mon dude you spend 500h on ele and even dont know how long Protection AoE + earth swap give? No matter how you calculate it, it is not 30-40seconds

With 60% boonduration and Armor of Earth you have a pretty decent uptime of protection. AoE will close the gaps between swapping to Earth pretty nicely. There might be little gaps, but you have close to permavigor as long as you crit…

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

How do you define “decent”?
I have yet to be scared fighting Eles, now most of that i think is down to the fact they all seem to run Bunker so dont offer anything that scare me. “constantly stealths” we have like 10-11seconds if we go for ALL the skills, that is:

torch – rarely used as the #5 is awful.
Veil – 2seconds and need to stay near it for mor
Decoy – I agree this one is great
Mass Invis – Again Great

I am more of the constant moving, dodging, hide in clones, shatter and condition type of Mesmer

That’s more likely the reason why you find all eles easy mode in WvW.. Mesmers gain the upper hand if minimal pressure is given to them. Very bunker/healer eles will provide you just that. However against an Ele that know your profession mechanic and keep constant dps or a lot of burst pressure on you, the only chance you would have for you to recover is to use various stealth..

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

So you still stand firm on saying that you have no problem 1vs1 with these builds and that infact necros and thieves are easy?
If you were following the pvp scene ,watching the tourneys and the currently considered top teams you would see there are no eles left at all.They all rerolled or quit!
I cant believe that they all suck!? And 1vs1 isnt even the point of this game.Its worse when you are in a teamfight and ar focused by both enemy necro and a thief invading your backline.
I checked your build and its not something new.Its the most logical way to make a burst le currently.But it lacks options in the fight cause att switch is on more than 13.3sec and is very vulnerable to both condies and d damage.
Its just has a burst that can be negated by anything from a dodge to the burning of a defencive cooldown or the use of a rezz!! (yeah pvp players know how to use those).Then you ll get cc/feared ,you ll get chilled and then those 13 sec will become 16-17 and your damage will mean nothing.
Its not a good build man.Im sure about that and it takes very little effort to counter what it does..Wvw players arent a good way to measure the pvp potential and judge balance of this game.They hardly reach the max potential of their class!

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That’s more likely the reason why you find all eles easy mode in WvW.. Mesmers gain the upper hand if minimal pressure is given to them. Very bunker/healer eles will provide you just that. However against an Ele that know your profession mechanic and keep constant dps or a lot of burst pressure on you, the only chance you would have for you to recover is to use various stealth..

I find them “easy mode” as they dont offer anything, the damage isnt exactly amazing they cant hold pressure and get people to make mistakes. I have yet to even meet a burst ele in WvW so i cant really comment on them but only thing that is a worry from them is Greatsword elite

I have plenty of options outside Stealth to recover, i can use one of my several dazes, i can use Distortion, Range makers as well.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So you still stand firm on saying that you have no problem 1vs1 with these builds and that infact necros and thieves are easy?
If you were following the pvp scene ,watching the tourneys and the currently considered top teams you would see there are no eles left at all.They all rerolled or quit!

Same thing has happened to Mesmers, not a single one used in PAX but i think thats due to the style of S/TPvP rather then the class as we are quite solid in WvW to the point that loads of people are wating a 20% damage nerf to Phantasm builds.

Until they bring out some new game modes that dont involve sitting on a cap some classes are just not going to be used.

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

I cant believe that they all suck!? And 1vs1 isnt even the point of this game.Its worse when you are in a teamfight and ar focused by both enemy necro and a thief invading your backline.
I checked your build and its not something new.Its the most logical way to make a burst le currently.But it lacks options in the fight cause att switch is on more than 13.3sec and is very vulnerable to both condies and d damage.
Its just has a burst that can be negated by anything from a dodge to the burning of a defencive cooldown or the use of a rezz!! (yeah pvp players know how to use those).Then you ll get cc/feared ,you ll get chilled and then those 13 sec will become 16-17 and your damage will mean nothing.
Its not a good build man.Im sure about that and it takes very little effort to counter what it does..Wvw players arent a good way to measure the pvp potential and judge balance of this game.They hardly reach the max potential of their class!

What he said.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

What he said.

What they said. Against evenly skilled players in 1 Vs 1 its a shame but the Ele is the BIG underdog.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Gotta love it. I have mods stalking my posts. Everyone else can post here all they want, but if I make any complaint about the ele, it gets deleted and I get an infraction.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

What he said.

The build I shared isn’t my main. The burst can be negated by dodges just like you stated but that goes against all type of burst. One argument, unless you are able to read instant cast burst rotations ahead of time then you have no chance to avoid it. Spvp/Tpvp is very limited to reliable builds. In wvw roaming you will encounter much more build and playstyle varieties. You will find more challenges against good players within this setting because of this freedom. Finally, due to these variables, players reach and surpass the “max potential” of their class.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Gotta love it. I have mods stalking my posts. Everyone else can post here all they want, but if I make any complaint about the ele, it gets deleted and I get an infraction.

Yep i got one for stating what was the TRUTH (relating to bugs and Anet) and got it deleted and got an infraction, seems they dont like any sort of negative speaking even if its the truth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

From what I’ve seen of lightningblaze’s play, he is definitely a good ele roamer. But, having said that, he still goes down to the same condi spam that everyone else does. I have a condi engi guild mate who beats him pretty consistently when they encounter each other roaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

The class is fine guys, I almost beat a necro today to prove it…

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The class is fine guys, I almost beat a necro today to prove it…

Managed to deal 1 damage to him?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

What he said.

The build I shared isn’t my main. The burst can be negated by dodges just like you stated but that goes against all type of burst. One argument, unless you are able to read instant cast burst rotations ahead of time then you have no chance to avoid it. Spvp/Tpvp is very limited to reliable builds. In wvw roaming you will encounter much more build and playstyle varieties. You will find more challenges against good players within this setting because of this freedom. Finally, due to these variables, players reach and surpass the “max potential” of their class.

More bad playstyles and more bad builds.

You are confusing more damage with doing more everything.

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

From what I’ve seen of lightningblaze’s play, he is definitely a good ele roamer. But, having said that, he still goes down to the same condi spam that everyone else does. I have a condi engi guild mate who beats him pretty consistently when they encounter each other roaming.

I have only encountered one engi who have the right to state that. Is he a jq norn that uses p/s and rifle wep set with flamethrower utility? We had duels in wvw for over a hour a few days ago. It was the most fun duels I ever had. Very challenging engi. It went both sides of wins and loses. We even had a few occasions where we went down simultaneously. He did win more times than what I defeated him within that time frame. If i is not him then no other cond engi can state that and I would like to meet him in order for him to backup his statement.

Thanks for proving my point!
Go ask anyone serious spvp player about what is the outcome of engi vs ele usually!
You ll see
And how can you fight him so many times and not knowing exactly his utilities ?He cant use both rifle and p/s ..Maybe it was elixir gun that seemed lik a rifle to you? Jesus you got a lot of learning to do if you want to be in a position to claim things such as "i wins all 1vs1 " :P
Lol jk i hope i dont get across as mean

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

I have only encountered one engi who have the right to state that. Is he a jq norn that uses p/s and rifle wep set with flamethrower utility? We had duels in wvw for over a hour a few days ago. It was the most fun duels I ever had. Very challenging engi. It went both sides of wins and loses. We even had a few occasions where we went down simultaneously. He did win more times than what I defeated him within that time frame. If i is not him then no other cond engi can state that and I would like to meet him in order for him to backup his statement.

Thanks for proving my point!
Go ask anyone serious spvp player about what is the outcome of engi vs ele usually!
You ll see
And how can you fight him so many times and not knowing exactly his utilities ?He cant use both rifle and p/s ..Maybe it was elixir gun that seemed lik a rifle to you? Jesus you got a lot of learning to do if you want to be in a position to claim things such as "i wins all 1vs1 " :P
Lol jk i hope i dont get across as mean

Well I don’t play engi and not even interested in trying to play the profession. I’m just familiar with their playstyle when I go against them. Point given on the wep sets and confusing his rifle for a elixir gun. The point is that engi is the only exception so far lol.

On an added note: I don’t always win every 1v1 encounter. There are always some exceptions that comes from facing skillful pvp players but very few.

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

dreztina.4820

I don’t know why, but engis seem easier to kill than other condi classes. My fights with them generally end up with them either being too bunkery for anything to happen so it stalemates, or I win. I haven’t fought any with perplexity runes yet though, and I hope I don’t.

Maguuma

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

I don’t know why, but engis seem easier to kill than other condi classes. My fights with them generally end up with them either being too bunkery for anything to happen so it stalemates, or I win. I haven’t fought any with perplexity runes yet though, and I hope I don’t.

Those runes are beyond broken…Bam thy interrupt acouple and you got 15 stacks of conf and shield and ft ccs are undodgeable.. but at least they arent available in pvp.
But its true compared to sp rangers and necros i find dealing with engis easier cause they lack protection while rangers got it perma and necros have armor and the wall to get it. If they run with no stunbreak and you are a burst ele you just got to blink updraft into fire burst and arcanes and its over.
Unfortunately many run with slick shoes now and some with the prot when cced trait !
If you engage in an attrition fight with them you ll just lose
I played one myself so i get to learn how to counter them better and its not hard at all to deal with eles.You just got to avoid the obvious burst in fire and watch out for the eearthquake-air one and the burning ,confusion and bleeding will do the job for you.
They got all the tools to do that with many blinds,blocks,great healing with water fields and even a self rezz if they run with it (ele got no poison).If they dont its in their end imo

in Elementalist

dreztina.4820

Those runes are beyond broken…Bam thy interrupt acouple and you got 15 stacks of conf and shield and ft ccs are undodgeable.. but at least they arent available in pvp.
But its true compared to sp rangers and necros i find dealing with engis easier cause they lack protection while rangers got it perma and necros have armor and the wall to get it. If they run with no stunbreak and you are a burst ele you just got to blink updraft into fire burst and arcanes and its over.
Unfortunately many run with slick shoes now and some with the prot when cced trait !
If you engage in an attrition fight with them you ll just lose
I played one myself so i get to learn how to counter them better and its not hard at all to deal with eles.You just got to avoid the obvious burst in fire and watch out for the eearthquake-air one and the burning ,confusion and bleeding will do the job for you.
They got all the tools to do that with many blinds,blocks,great healing with water fields and even a self rezz if they run with it (ele got no poison).If they dont its in their end imo

Ya I think you’re right that it’s the lack of protection and stunbreaks that makes them easier. But as you said, a well played engi can get around it. I think there just aren’t many people playing engineer in wvw, especially solo roaming, so I haven’t run into any top tier ones lately. Not sure why, I think they have the mobility for it, and they’re certainly strong enough.

Maguuma

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

I agree with the superior rune of Perplexity outlook. Yesterday I had a draw outcome against a warrior within wvw after I already downed him simply because I didn’t expect him to add over 15 stacks of confusion on me and by the time i noticed it was too late to recover lol. Still fun, made me laugh how unexpected wvw encounters can be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Yet they have the same 5-target cap. In fact, the only ranged nuke that bypasses the limit is, in fact, Meteor Shower.

And Illusionary Berserker which will spin through more than 5 targets.

I agree with the superior rune of Perplexity outlook. Yesterday I had a draw outcome against a warrior within wvw after I already downed him simply because I didn’t expect him to add over 15 stacks of confusion on me and by the time i noticed it was too late to recover lol. Still fun, made me laugh how unexpected wvw encounters can be.

This is why I love WvW over SPvP.

Kodiak X – Blackgate