Devs hate this class, period

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

*snip

There’s only a .5 second cast time on healing turret and both the overcharge and the detonate have no cast time allowing a very rapid heal. One button doesn’t make H better.

But only using one button makes it more efficient, though having split into two parts adds some more interesting combos we can utilize and as an engi; more buttons = more versatility.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

This change both hits the Elixir and the auto-elixir trait where I could go into med-kit, which gave me heal-packs, speed, 1 condition remove, vigor if traited – no big deal, of course . . .

I don’t really see how you think a traited Elixir S having a stunbreaker, curing a condition, granting 2 stacks of Might, and giving 3-second immunity isn’t powerful enough on its own … on top of adding another stack of Might, curing another condition, and giving Stability/Stealth all in one utility slot.

This is QQ. Plain and simple.

Elixir S was changed alongside Mist Form because they do not want these skills to work like that. Not sure why people are so up in arms about this change.

Honestly it’s a huge change from what it was before. I would argue that before elixir S was THE BEST stun break in the game. Now it’s up in the air.

This is the biggest reason why HGH was “nerfed”. The number condis you could dish out even WHILE invuln was just ridonculous. Now that our only bit of survivability was damaged at the cost of both survivability AND damage I can justifiably say it’s a more balanced build than what it was before.

TL;DR I can see why people QQ about it, but it was needed.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Now that our only bit of survivability was damaged at the cost of both survivability AND damage I can justifiably say it’s a more balanced build than what it was before.

Is this the end of your “HGH is OP” posts, Ostricheggs?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

This patch was excellent. Everything that needed to be done to HGH was done right, and the myriad of buffs we got are amazing. Healing Turret is incredibly powerful now, and that paves the way towards Bunker builds being much more viable.

This forum goes through the same pattern. We get great patches with tons of buffs and maybe one or two nerfs. Then the forum has a meltdown over the one or two nerfs, irregardless of how consequential or needed they are. It’s the reason I don’t really post anymore, because it’s difficult to get any decent discussion in without three to four people crying about how bad Engineers are. Engineers are actually in a great position relatively to most classes. Obviously they still need work, but I feel like a broken record saying this. Every class needs work.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

This patch was excellent. Everything that needed to be done to HGH was done right, and the myriad of buffs we got are amazing. Healing Turret is incredibly powerful now, and that paves the way towards Bunker builds being much more viable.

This forum goes through the same pattern. We get great patches with tons of buffs and maybe one or two nerfs. Then the forum has a meltdown over the one or two nerfs, irregardless of how consequential or needed they are. It’s the reason I don’t really post anymore, because it’s difficult to get any decent discussion in without three to four people crying about how bad Engineers are. Engineers are actually in a great position relatively to most classes. Obviously they still need work, but I feel like a broken record saying this. Every class needs work.

I have the right to QQ because I only play with gadgets

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

So does any class that intentionally plays with a subset of utilities that aren’t very good, and every class can make a pretty long list of things they’d call useless. Gadget complaints can be done constructively as long as it isn’t going to intrude on any good discussion. Given I haven’t been around these forums for awhile, nor am I really looking too far even now, so perhaps there is good constructive discussion on Gadgets.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Fact 1: Engineers are the most nerfed class in the game.

Fact 2: All the decent builds are now gone, except for HGH.

Fact 3: Even if players have found ways to make new builds, every time they get nerfed.

Fact 4: Some mayor bugs like the Elixir S on Asuras and the kitten camera with the mortar are still there, why you nerf us and not fixing those HUGE bugs that actually affect the game play?

I love the class mechanics, but is really outrageous how devs are determined to destroy all the good things we have.

And yes this is another QQ topic about how Engis have the hate of the devs, so dont bother mention it.

Is static discharge nerfd as well?

in Engineer

Posted by: Lite.3819

Lite.3819

Just be glad grenades still works.

HGH did take the bat. Their ability to burn with grenades took a ~50% direct nerf (Inc Powder) + Boon hate builds.

On the brighter side, Healing turret is on par with Medi Kit now. Maybe a little too good. Combine those water fields effectively with finishers and you have a lot of aoe healing. (Even more then Elementalists). When I said a lot, I mean a lot because of Engineer’s access to finishers!

Engineer – Street Rag (Black Gates)
Current Build

(edited by Lite.3819)

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I personally think the jury is still out on the new Healing Turret…actually it depends upon how you use it. In WvW I’m always on the move, so I’m curious if it will work. Let’s say I am running for my life in combat with swiftness. If I plop down my healing turret, overcharge it and detonate it, will I still be in the radius to get all the heals and the condition removal?

Okay now consider a scenario in a less mobile fight. Plop down the healing turret, overcharge as needed. With 1 second left on the overcharge cooldown it gets destroyed, going on a 20 second cooldown. So for those 34 seconds your healing consists exclusively of whatever’s left of your regeneration, regenerating mist, plus whatever heals you manage to get by blast finishing the water field. Seems like a fairly large penalty if you can’t keep your turret alive.

Now assume the perfect scenario where you can keep your turret up indefinitely. Is the continuous regen + overcharge heal over 15 seconds equivalent or at least close to what you’d get on the normal cooldown for medkit F1 or elixir H?

If anyone has actual in-game experience with this, please share.

As for Elixir S, yeah it’s a nerf. In WvW I got killed a couple times because of the 0.5 (to 1.5 seconds with lag) it took to switch to tool-kit for gear shield after unshrinking. I wouldn’t say it makes S unusable, just means I have to be smarter with how I use it.

Let me ask a question about Cloaking Device. Several times today I was immobilized and made invisible, but I re-appeared within a second or so. Is retaliation kicking me out of stealth?

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Engineer

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

I wouldn’t say hate, but they are making me wonder that they don’t test the Engi.

Take this thread as proof https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/245-days/first#post1931815.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lite.3819

Lite.3819

Now assume the perfect scenario where you can keep your turret up indefinitely. Is the continuous regen + overcharge heal over 15 seconds equivalent or at least close to what you’d get on the normal cooldown for medkit F1 or elixir H?

You are right on. There is absolute no rewards for keeping the Healing Turret alive now that the Regeneration stacks are so small.

Engineer – Street Rag (Black Gates)
Current Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

This change both hits the Elixir and the auto-elixir trait where I could go into med-kit, which gave me heal-packs, speed, 1 condition remove, vigor if traited – no big deal, of course . . .

I don’t really see how you think a traited Elixir S having a stunbreaker, curing a condition, granting 2 stacks of Might, and giving 3-second immunity isn’t powerful enough on its own … on top of adding another stack of Might, curing another condition, and giving Stability/Stealth all in one utility slot.

This is QQ. Plain and simple.

Elixir S was changed alongside Mist Form because they do not want these skills to work like that. Not sure why people are so up in arms about this change.

I haven’t been playing HGH. I also don’t take the Elixir S skill on its own. But the Elixir S trait used to be an “in case kitten happens, drink glass” failsafe. I can tell you right now that three second immunity actually doesn’t do much when you can’t do anything but move. You get to relax your nerves, run out of a danger zone, get 3s of your cooldowns returned, probably move your camera into a better angle… and then everything happens all over again. Hopefully, you can run into your group who can save you from possible destruction. If you’re alone, you’ll be chased. You’re at 25% HP with no means to actively do anything harmful to them or beneficial to yourself, so there’s nothing for your opponent to worry about. They also get 3s of time to relax and regain their composure. The difference is that they can set themselves up for success while you’re dillydallying. The current Elixir S says “Become invulnerable and dazed.” I prefer Protection Injection to it very much now.

*snip

There’s only a .5 second cast time on healing turret and both the overcharge and the detonate have no cast time allowing a very rapid heal. One button doesn’t make H better.

But only using one button makes it more efficient, though having split into two parts adds some more interesting combos we can utilize and as an engi; more buttons = more versatility.

It’s actually not more efficient, just “easier”. I’d call it efficient if they did the same thing. The Elixir gives a solid heal + RNG Boon (+2 Might if traited -1 Condition if traited), The Turret gives a similar heal + half to teammates (I still want to confirm this) – 2 conditions + Water Field

They answer two separate questions. Elixir provides more damage, Turret provides more utility and support. Efficiency is really in the ability of the player to achieve these things constantly. That’s what the Engineer has been about from the beginning.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

I generally don’t have much luck with self regulating defenses anyway. I’ve noticed in high level fractals I’ll often go from 100% to downed without the effect going off.

As for the elixir S nerf, it’s a bit sad – you could do some fun stuff with it in the odd niche situation.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I too find Protection Injection much more useful than Self-Regulating Defenses these days. Switched maybe a month and a half ago…

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I’m running a pretty cool build, but I’m too nervous to discuss it…. Big Brother is listening. Maybe I shouldn’t even have posted this!!

ps, I’m only half joking.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I’m running a pretty cool build, but I’m too nervous to discuss it…. Big Brother is listening. Maybe I shouldn’t even have posted this!!

See too late they heard, now the’re gonna nerf the healing bomb/elixir kit/healing turret build cause of you >:(

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

See too late they heard, now the’re gonna nerf the healing bomb/elixir kit/healing turret build cause of you >:(

Uh… Uh… no, NO! It’s the Technobabble, Slick Shoes, Battering Ram while eating Eda’s Apple Pie Build… yeah, that’s it…

leave me alone Big Brother, please…. I’m begging you….

in Engineer

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I don’t use Elixir S much, and despite all the alleged nerfs to eng, I’ve yet to see how it affects my WvW play. I should mention I use rifle/FT/BK.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Engineer

Nilix.2170

Uh… Uh… no, NO! It’s the Technobabble, Slick Shoes, Battering Ram while eating Eda’s Apple Pie Build… yeah, that’s it…

leave me alone Big Brother, please…. I’m begging you….

SOON!

Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Next update:

“We heard that there was still a viable build for engineer, but the players using it wised up and refused to divulge what it was. In order to make sure that we got it, every Engineer skill now cots 25 energy and has a 90 second recharge. Including slot-1 skills.”

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

So wtf they did expect brok rifle engis mechanics? I mean why they justt dont keep their kitten hands off!!!?!?

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Engineers are suffering from the We have nothing to complain about, so we try hard to find something to complain about syndrome.

IP: longer burns, no RGN 100%!!!! and unless you’re running a 1 condition build, it shouldnt be as easy to remove as people make it to be.

and for PvE, i just completed a frac 48.. Med kit is still my main but Healing turret + Elixir gun felt amazing on any fight where I wanted to support my team, even at 0 healing! soo good

Elixir S was the only nerf. but.. it isnt skill breaking. it still works and not nearly comparable to the grande nerf? how about smoke bomb or who can forget about KR :] we made it out winning this patch!

(edited by google.3709)

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

snip
It’s actually not more efficient, just “easier”. I’d call it efficient if they did the same thing. The Elixir gives a solid heal + RNG Boon (+2 Might if traited -1 Condition if traited), The Turret gives a similar heal + half to teammates (I still want to confirm this) – 2 conditions + Water Field

They answer two separate questions. Elixir provides more damage, Turret provides more utility and support. Efficiency is really in the ability of the player to achieve these things constantly. That’s what the Engineer has been about from the beginning.

Constantly or consistently? The Engineer has been known for its wide use of RNG skills, which in practice is inconsistent, which in my view is inefficient; due to not achieving similar results as any other healing skill. Although, since the boons granted are of similar effect is can be assumed that the skill overall efficient.

It also depends on what the meaning of utility and support are defined as, but then again its all contextual as well as entirely situational. So I agree to disagree.

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Engineers are suffering from the We have nothing to complain about, so we try hard to find something to complain about syndrome.

IP: longer burns, no RGN 100%!!!! and unless you’re running a 1 condition build, it shouldnt be as easy to remove as people make it to be.

and for PvE, i just completed a frac 48.. Med kit is still my main but Healing turret + Elixir gun felt amazing on any fight where I wanted to support my team, even at 0 healing! soo good

Elixir S was the only nerf. but.. it isnt skill breaking. it still works and not nearly comparable to the grande nerf? how about smoke bomb or who can forget about KR :] we made it out winning this patch!

Only unskilled newbie will use elixir S now. maybe in pve can use it but in WvW i call it suicide button. Another trait became useless.

in Engineer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Being more serious than my last post:

Incendiary Powder: It’s not really an outright nerf or an outright buff… on paper. For builds that normally only expect to get one crit every ten seconds, this is clearly a buff. For builds that could expect to pile on the crits, though, its gone from 67% uptime to 40% uptime – a nerf. Now, which builds typically used IP? The latter – grenade and FT builds that can rely on getting a steady stream of crits. FT builds have especially been hit, as this weakens the buff to FT damage on burning enemies from a few patches ago.

Cloaking Device: It’s a nerf, but other professions’ “if disabled, effect happens” skills all have cooldowns too.

Healing Turret: If you’re relying on the turret to heal yourself, this is probably a nerf. It’s obviously intended to be a party-friendly heal, though, where it’s been buffed. Substantially, if only the turret could be expected to survive.

Kit Refinement: At least now we know when this is available and can manage our kitswapping accordingly! If we’re still bothering, of course…

Low-Health Response System: See comment for Cloaking Device

Elixir S: Clearly a nerf, but probably viewed by ArenaNet as closing a loophole. Most invulnerability skills also shut you down as well – it’s just warriors that seem to have Protection from Nerfing.

Elixir U: Looks buffed to me! I might even consider using it now, in situations where i don’t expect to come under attack.

I think the big issue, though, is that the current patch seems to have weakened builds that were in use by the community, without seeming to offer much in the way of new builds to replace them.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I don’t know mate, you’re forgetting about WvW in your assessment.

Honestly, I’m fine with the engineer forum complaining about nerfs whenever we don’t get some things buffed in exchange. I wouldn’t exactly call the healing turret rework a buff unless you’re in PvP (or not getting aoe’d), so be mindful about who you bring it up with.

To tell the truth I had always thought this to be the most toxic subforum here because of all the complaining every patch. Wow was I wrong. The Ele/thief/warrior forums are terrible this patch. The anger and entitlement is palpable. The engineer forums is more like sulking when compared to their full on tantrums.

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

yea, bro I didn’t mention WvW because i don’t WvW much so anything i would say would be more speculation of how it might affect more than anything, just mentioning my personal experience which i’m sure PvP/PvE players should feel something similar once they get some time hands on with the new changes.

and hahahahahaha ikr! people are going mad on those forums, specially ele! they just been spoiled so much that they don’t know how to handle a real nerf!! RoTL from 15c to 20s cd was nothing! now this is the real deal, and yet no where near KR treatment

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Crappy patch for WvW engineers.

A lot of aoe cleanses and the reduction in uptime reduces burning damage by 50%-100%

Confusion isn’t only a mesmer condition, engineer got zero to compensate for the loss, especially to our very pitiful bunker damage, RIP tank cat etc.

Loss of elixir-S and auto-S is massive, they were class defining for what you could do in big engagements. Anyone who says different wasn’t using their potential.

Cloaking device change used to give engineer class identity, now it’s just mediocre crap that’s not as good as possibilities for other classes. There is not 1 decent skill in that entire half kitten line now.

Turrets are kitten in aoe, and small time window multi-tap skills non-viable in skill lag.

Horrible patch, just really crap. But engineers by now have that whole battered wife complex and tend to say “it’s our own fault for making the devs angry” “the devs are under so much pressure at work” "the devs keep promising it will be better, next time it will be “

If we complained like other classes, they would bother to spend some time on our changes, bother to give us some positive things, not ruin class defining stuff for sweet F A in return. We don’t complain so they spend time on the classes that do.

(edited by Kalan.9705)

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I don’t see the big deal with the Incendiary powder trait change. I’m using a condition build without grenades and I’ll still be able to keep burning up with blowtorch from pistol and Incendiary powder and 30-70% condition duration.

The nerf was aimed at the tournament build. It will be fine in PvE. Even in WvW the change won’t be too noticeable, since people don’t usually have a lot of condition removal in WvW. It can even be a buff to low-crit or slow-hitting builds, basically anything besides flamethrower and nades.

Yeah they finally and at long last (it’s only been almost a year) separated pve and pvp and wvw behaviors. now they need to continue repairing what they broke in PVE over the past 7 months of nerfs we’ve suffered.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ironwill.5389

Ironwill.5389

I will have to agree that there has been some definite/focused attempts to curtail/restrict public/popular engineer trait/skill combinations.
So yes, if I were to criticize Anet, there’s some definite anti-cookie cutter hate for the class.
But I can’t be surprised; this was the same group whose brilliant solution for the lack of toolbelt skills for racials was to make the norn engineer suck eggs (literally, check them out…)
I should have taken the hint and played a mesmer.
At least they’re getting better nerfing us into the ground more subtly (I call this concept the “burff” where they pretend to buff you, but really it’s just a disguised nerf).

in Engineer

Kalan.9705

I will have to agree that there has been some definite/focused attempts to curtail/restrict public/popular engineer trait/skill combinations.
So yes, if I were to criticize Anet, there’s some definite anti-cookie cutter hate for the class.
But I can’t be surprised; this was the same group whose brilliant solution for the lack of toolbelt skills for racials was to make the norn engineer suck eggs (literally, check them out…)
I should have taken the hint and played a mesmer.
At least they’re getting better nerfing us into the ground more subtly (I call this concept the “burff” where they pretend to buff you, but really it’s just a disguised nerf).

Barf would work too!

in Engineer

Nilix.2170

snip

Constantly or consistently? The Engineer has been known for its wide use of RNG skills, which in practice is inconsistent, which in my view is inefficient; due to not achieving similar results as any other healing skill. Although, since the boons granted are of similar effect is can be assumed that the skill overall efficient.

It also depends on what the meaning of utility and support are defined as, but then again its all contextual as well as entirely situational. So I agree to disagree.

Yes, consistently. And you’re right. Everything is based on context, preference, and situations. But that’s why utility is important.
The way I define utility and support are hopefully pretty similar to what everyone else calls them. Support is how much benefit a skill, or set of skills, can provide for you and your team. Utility is the range of problems that you can solve with your skill, set of skills. For example, the support that Elixir S provided for your team has not changed because its effect on your team has remained the same. But the amount of answers it solves has been limited greatly by the inability to use other skills while under its effect, so its utility has been cut.

When I compare Elixir H to Healing Turret. The Elixir gives you a pretty strong heal that’s a bit more than both the deploy and the overcharge of the turret combined. You also get a boon to go with it. The Healing Turret has a lesser heal but spreads half of it with teammates in range, and gives you a water field, provides a short regen, and also removes 2 conditions. You can argue that the Elixir can remove a condition when traited, but that uses another resource. HT removes conditions and frees up a trait slot for you. Elixir H is useful for you. The Turret is useful to your team at large. The turret is also capable of providing more without it needing to take up trait points. So you can actually go with an Elixir build and be able to remove conditions more often, and provide healing to your teammates by bringing the Turret instead of the Elixir. However, if the HGH might stacks are more important to you than recovery, or if you’re just bad at timing the immediate overcharge (due to lack of practice or simply skill lag in WvW) and keep gimping yourself out of 50% of your heal and prefer something simpler, than by all means, use Elixir H instead.

The differences are clear and well-defined. The turret can come in handy in solving a few more situations than the Elixir does, but those problems are different than Elixir H and the Elixir has its own synergy with different builds and traits, so it maintains its use. Neither has really become unplayable or less viable than the other. That’s what I like about this change. After a bit of practice, the HT is performing more for me than it has before and I can honestly say that all three healing skills are in a pretty nice place for my personal use. However, if they really want the HT to become something that stays out for longer than 3s, they’re going to need to make it last that long against enemy fire.

Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

imo, the changes to healing turret give engineers the most diverse set of choices for healing skills for any class, and each option can be trained for better personal/team benefit.

Elixir H; heal, regen, buffs; traits for recharge, potency, cleansing
Healing Turret; heal, regen, cleansing, water field; traits for explosive effect, durability, range, and potency
Medkit; fast reliable heal, cleansing, fury, on-swap access; traits for tossing, indirectly speed and vigor, as well as might.

each option provides engineers with a variety of benefits that are clearly well.suited.for certain roles/expectations.

anyone complaining about our healing options, ANY of them, at this point, is looking for reasons to complain rather than looking for possibilities.

Legitimate problems, like the reduced duration on the water field (3 rather than 5 seconds) should be bug reported and not given the spilt milk treatment on the forums.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Seeing as they still haven’t addressed the main problem of turrets, that is survivability, we have every reason to complain.
Especially if they rework the healing turret basing it on it being able to survive enough time.

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

That doesn’t mean devs hate the class. they clearly, it appears to me, do not want turrets to be tanks, they want us to manage them and heal them

do they have more work to do? yes, but they take slow gradual steps. what seem to us like senseless buffs and nerfs are, as shown by their track record, staged moves towards their vision.

kind of like a game.of chess, think several moves ahead, with all options on the table.

this is their game, not yours. so no, you don’t have the right to cry foul and demand anything. all you have the right to do is offer feedback and suggestions, and frankly, if you don’t like the answers you are free and welcome to take your defeatist attitude elsewhere.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in Engineer

Kalan.9705

I don’t think devs hate engineer at all, I just think it’s a huge problem that A-net decided to ‘save’ money on the class balance team and having a test server. I’m sure it actually costs them vastly more in lost revenue in the long run.

If only we had the shadowbane class design team, those guys did amazing stuff for class and build diversity across many multiples more combinations with a tiny tiny team.

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

you’ll get no argument from me that anet needs more staff, and a PTR, and a few fires under their chairs to get the ball rolling a bit faster, but the QQ in the thread is tantamount to temper tantrums from terrible toddlers.

people need to give their collective heads a shake.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

yea, bro I didn’t mention WvW because i don’t WvW much so anything i would say would be more speculation of how it might affect more than anything, just mentioning my personal experience which i’m sure PvP/PvE players should feel something similar once they get some time hands on with the new changes.

and hahahahahaha ikr! people are going mad on those forums, specially ele! they just been spoiled so much that they don’t know how to handle a real nerf!! RoTL from 15c to 20s cd was nothing! now this is the real deal, and yet no where near KR treatment

I can’t stop going to the thief and ele forums. They must have been crazy spoiled on good abilities. If RtL got the engineer treatment it would get turned into something like:

“thunderclap” -A thunder strike propels the elementalist forward but knocking him down.

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

And yes this is another QQ topic about how Engis have the hate of the devs, so dont bother mention it.

They probably have a personal bone to pick with you.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

I’m just so done with the fact that they nerf certain abilities just because they are too popular. Its one thing if they dont want to use other things, but they flat out destroy what we currently have just so we have no choice. They don’t want us to play certain ways, and that is what is ruining for me. I wouldn’t feel as bad if I xould have hopes they will balance multi kit builds, but they flat out only want us using 1 kit (2 maybe with medkit).

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

That doesn’t mean devs hate the class. they clearly, it appears to me, do not want turrets to be tanks, they want us to manage them and heal them

Can’t do it if they die in a couple hits. And i can’t manage something that stays still in an area, unable to dodge, while any enemy can easily destroy all of them with a single AoE. Especially in PvE, where any boss has got defiant stacks.

do they have more work to do? yes, but they take slow gradual steps. what seem to us like senseless buffs and nerfs are, as shown by their track record, staged moves towards their vision.

So far they still seem like senseless buffs and nerfs. A lot of nerfs, especially. And their vision doesn’t seem to work that well so far – as far as PvE goes, we’re one of the least played classes, and we can’t bring anything to the table that other classes can’t do better.

kind of like a game.of chess, think several moves ahead, with all options on the table.

I could, if there weren’t defiant stacks and turrets weren’t one-shotted.

this is their game, not yours. so no, you don’t have the right to cry foul and demand anything. all you have the right to do is offer feedback and suggestions, and frankly, if you don’t like the answers you are free and welcome to take your defeatist attitude elsewhere.

I have every right to demand this class to be as good as the others. And their vision is clearly failing about this. Mostly because there doesn’t seem to be one. So much for versatility, yet they nerf every mean we have to achieve that and shoehorn us in a couple build.
Guess i’ll stay here with my defeatist attitude until they don’t make this class on par with others in pve.

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Great punctual answers. Sir I salute you! Still. I think It’s a shame to analyze a post just because people cannot back up their words with a single example.

(edited by JubeiTM.5763)

in Engineer

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I think you people are overreacting. Engi is very viable.

The only issues with engi are that turrets still suck and gadgets need re-work.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Engineer

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

Agreed. I replaced the nerfed elixir S with the buffed elixir U for my flamethrower PvP engineer and it works great. The problem is that turrets and gadgets simply need huge buffs rather than minor tweaks in order to be viable.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

That’s basically half of our utility skills, you know.
And imho, kit should need some love as well. They’re far too much trait-dependant. I mean, grenade kit without the grandmaster (minor and major) traits is kinda useless by itself. And you lose quite some survivability if you use bombs without EIB.

in Engineer

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I’m on my third profession, and ALL 3 have crap which is useless. I didn’t say they love engis like they seem to love elementalists (boo hoo rtl nerf…), but I’d still rather my engi over my warrior. No doubt we need ALL builds viable. If I want turrets, I shouldnt be kitten by the choice. Same thing for gadgets, same thing for kits, same thing for elixirs. Let me play the way I want anet. Give me a reason to play ALL my tools.

Bomb engis in pvp with pistol/shield…good luck with that.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

I think you people are overreacting. Engi is very viable. The only issues with engi are that turrets still suck and gadgets need re-work.

So Engi is very good besides x,y,z…

in Engineer

Posted by: Makarei.4316

Makarei.4316

you can’t complain, it’s free to play game. so either accept its faults, or uninstall it and play something else. I done the second option.

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

you can’t complain, it’s free to play game. so either accept its faults, or uninstall it and play something else. I done the second option.

It’s free to play but some of us decided to contribute to the game. There are monthly updates and classes get balanced. We intend to help the developers with slight mistakes, not complain about them. So besides a single player game which you play for a few days and that’s it, Guild Wars 2 has much space for improvement.

If you went with your second option why do you keep hunting the forums?

in Engineer

Posted by: Maullus.1273

Maullus.1273

I’m just so done with the fact that they nerf certain abilities just because they are too popular.

Your conclusion does not follow; perhaps there is a correlation between popularity and nerfs, but the same can be said of any class in almost any game. That doesn’t mean that something is nerfed because it’s popular. Instead, it’s far more likely that something is popular because it is disproportionately powerful. Or, perhaps, popularity calls attention to something that is over-performing, or performing in an unintended way.

I can’t help but feel that the people that complain the loudest—in particular, those that complain about having multiple builds nerfed—are the ones that are actively chasing fotm stuff. Then that stuff gets nerfed because it’s OP. Well, duh.

Look, without a doubt Engi still has some issues, but so do most of the other classes. Some are in better shape, some are in worse, and it really depends on what facet of the game you’re talking about. Main thing I’d like to see is more (competitive) build options; I’m talking about the Engi here, but I think that point holds for every class.

Mad Maullix
Tarnished Coast
Panic Time!