“Kill it before it lays eggs!” ANet dev about 100nades

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Famous Quotes for the Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: FiftyTwoBears.5482

FiftyTwoBears.5482

so…I’m gonna bring this back, as this last patch will give us much to quote about I think

in Engineer

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

so…I’m gonna bring this back, as this last patch will give us much to quote about I think

6 pages in though… it’s now impossible to know if something’s already been quoted without reading through it all. So I’m going to take a stab in the dark.

Johnny Doyle: "How about I tell you where you got your nerfs. If I win, you give me a job. If I lose you can have my ring.

Merv: Deal. But you’re never going to get that job, Johnny, and here’s why. I bought these nerfs on a cruise in international waters, so no matter what you say, you’re wrong.

Johnny Doyle: But Merv, I didn’t say I would tell you where you’d bought ‘em, I said I’d tell you where you got ’em, and right now you got ’em on your Engineer."

- Poolhall Junkies (2002)

in Engineer

dinominator.9862

“You take the blue nerf… the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red nerf, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” – The Matrix (1999)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

“Get your stinking hands off me, you kitten dirty dev!”

- Planet of the Apes

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in Engineer

dinominator.9862

“Well, it was parked in the handicapped zone. Perhaps they nerfed it.” – The Big Lebowski (1998)

in Engineer

Posted by: Adrindadric.3248

Adrindadric.3248

Dev: “Engineers are OP. Anet and me, we’re gonna kitten you up!”

Engineers: “Well… That’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

Dev: "Let me tell you something, Engineers. You pull any of your crazy kitten with us, you share your good builds on the forums… We’ll take it away from you stick it up your kitten and nerf the kittening build until it goes “poof”."

- The Big Lebowski (1998)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Ghostbusters:
Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the kit refinement was shut off by kittenless here.
Walter Peck: But engineers were causing explosions!
Mayor: Is this true?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it’s true.
[pause]
Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no kitten.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Some stuff from various discworld books:

“DROP THE WRENCH, AND TURN AROUND SLOWLY” – THIEF

“Sometimes it’s better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.”

“Certain things have to happen before other things. Arenanet play games with the fates of classes. But first they have to get all the pieces on the board, and look all over the place for the dice.”

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Regarding the incoming patch:
“Riddle me this, riddle me that. Who’s afraid of the big nerf bat?”
(The Riddler, Batman Forever, 1995)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Sam Lowry: “I suppose one has to expect a certain amount.”

Harry Tuttle, Heating Engineer: “Why? I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there’s trouble, a man alone. – Now they’ve got the whole country sectioned off.”

from Brazil directed by Terry Gilliam, 1985

in Engineer

Posted by: Barondil.1459

Barondil.1459

When you hear the sound of nerf, don’t you get too scared.
Just grab your engi buddy and say these magic words:
F—k you nerf, you can suck my wrench.
You can’t get me nerf, cause you’re just A-Net’s farts.

Ted (2012)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zappa.9064

Zappa.9064

Losers whine about how their class got nerfed. Winners reroll warrior and go home to kitten the prom queen.

Sean kittening Connery, The Rock

in Engineer

Posted by: SpaceCowboy.1398

SpaceCowboy.1398

“That’s great. That’s just kittening great, man. Now what the kitten are we supposed to do? We’re in some real pretty nerfs now, man!

That’s it man, game over man, game over! What the kitten are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do? " – Hudson, Aliens (1986)

Darmon, Asura Thief | Darmx, Asura Engineer
[EU] Gandara

in Engineer

Posted by: HikariNoTen.1402

HikariNoTen.1402

Warriors are OP in PvE, Mesmers are OP in PvP, better nerf engineers.

Famous LoL fact.

in Engineer

Posted by: daver.8324

daver.8324

“My name is engineer, you nerfed my father…..prepare to die”

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all… your fault, my fault, nobody’s fault… it won’t matter – I’m gonna nerf your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who is OP I’m gonna nerf your head off. – Big Jake 1971, A-net to Engineers

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

(spoken to an ANet Dev …)
I find your lack of buffs … disturbing.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Engineer

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

“Pick a nerf and pray.” (Fire Emblem Awakening)

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Engineer

Posted by: VinceX.5128

VinceX.5128

It’s how you handle the machine

in Engineer

Posted by: Nokrum.4691

Nokrum.4691

When the engineers fear the nerf, there is tyranny. When the nerf fears the engineers, there is liberty. /Thomas Jefferson – third President of the United States

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

“Hello, my profession is Engineer. You nerfed my build. Prepare to die.” ~ The Princess Bride

^ This one actually made me LOL.

Disgruntled Engineer Player: “There’s something very important I forgot to tell you.”

Anet: “What?”

DEP: “Don’t nerf the engineer.”

Anet: “Why?”

DEP: “It would be bad.”

Anet: “We’re fuzzy on the whole good, bad thing. What do you mean by bad?”

DEP: “Try to imaging all play as you know it stopping instantaneously and every server in your system exploding at the proc of 100 ’nades.”

NCSoft: “Total revenue reversal.”

Anet: “OK. That’s bad.”

- Ghostbusters (1984)

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

(edited by Gaiawolf.8261)

in Engineer

Posted by: Jeff.3128

Jeff.3128

A-Net: So, what does your engineer do?

Player: [quickly] Nothing!

A-Net: Nothing?

Player: Well, he just lies around on his back all day.

A-Net: Sounds like hard work to me.

-Clue (1985)

Anet Dev’s: [telling a joke] The doctor draws two engineers and says “What do you see?” the guy says “Nerfs”

[everybody laughs]

Anet Dev: Wait a minute, I haven’t even told the joke yet! So the doctor draws turrets, “What do you see?” the guy says “nerfs”. The doctor draws a elixer, flamethrower, “Nerf, nerf, nerf”. The doctor says to him “You are obsessed with nerfs”, he replies “Well you’re the one drawing all the op abilities!”

-What about Bob (1991)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sciros Darkblade.4028

Sciros Darkblade.4028

“Remember when I said I’d nerf you last? I lied.” — Commando (1985)

in Engineer

Posted by: feldspar.8345

feldspar.8345

…[M]y time hieth fast, said the Engineer. Therefore, said the Engineer unto Sir Bedivere, take thou Excalibur, my good prybar, and go with it to yonder water side, and when thou comest there I charge thee throw my prybar in that water, and come again and tell me what thou there seest. My lord, said Bedivere, your commandment shall be done, and lightly bring you word again.

So Sir Bedivere departed, and by the way he beheld that noble prybar, that the handle and the haft was all of precious stones; and then he said to himself: If I throw this rich prybar in the water, thereof shall never come good, but harm and loss. And then Sir Bedivere hid Excalibur under a tree. And so, as soon as he might, he came again unto the Engineer, and said he had been at the water, and had thrown the prybar in the water. What saw thou there? said the Engineer. Sir, he said, I saw nothing but waves and winds. That is untruly said of thee, said the Engineer, therefore go thou lightly again, and do my commandment; as thou art to me lief and dear, spare not, but throw it in. Then Sir Bedivere returned again, and took the prybar in his hand; and then him thought sin and shame to throw away that noble prybar, and so eft he hid the prybar, and returned again, and told to the Engineer that he had been at the water, and done his commandment. What saw thou there? said the Engineer. Sir, he said, I saw nothing but the waters wap and waves wan. Ah, traitor untrue, said the Engineer, now hast thou betrayed me twice. Who would have weened that, thou that hast been to me so lief and dear? and thou art named a noble knight, and would betray me for the richness of the prybar. But now go again lightly, for thy long tarrying putteth me in great jeopardy of my life, for I have taken cold. And but if thou do now as I bid thee, if ever I may see thee, I shall slay thee with mine own hands; for thou wouldst for my rich prybar see me dead.

Then Sir Bedivere departed, and went to the prybar, and lightly took it up, and went to the water side; and there he bound the girdle about the hilts, and then he threw the prybar as far into the water as he might; and there came an arm and an hand above the water and met it, and caught it, and so shook it thrice and brandished, and then vanished away the hand with the prybar in the water. So Sir Bedivere came again to the Engineer, and told him what he saw. Alas, said the Engineer, help me hence, for I dread me I have tarried over long. Then Sir Bedivere took the Engineer upon his back, and so went with him to that water side. And when they were at the water side, even fast by the bank hoved a little barge with many fair ladies in it, and among them all was a queen, and all they had black hoods, and all they wept and shrieked when they saw the Engineer. Now put me into the barge, said the Engineer. And so he did softly; and there received him three queens with great mourning; and so they set them down, and in one of their laps the Engineer laid his head. And then that queen said: Ah, dear brother, why have ye tarried so long from me? alas, this nerf on your head hath caught over-much cold. And so then they rowed from the land, and Sir Bedivere beheld all those ladies go from him.

from Le Morte D’Engineur by Sir Thomas Malory

For the Coast!

in Engineer

Posted by: feldspar.8345

feldspar.8345

O Passerby, go tell the Developers
That here we and our turrets lie,
Obeying their nerfs.

epitaph on the 300 Engineers at Thermopylae

For the Coast!

in Engineer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

ANet dev about playing an Engineer: “Did I ever tell you the definition of…..insanity?” – Vaas, Far Cry 3

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

“I’m the king of the nerfs” – Titanic

“After all, tomorrow is another nerf!” – Gone with the wind

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

An Engineer? In a Structured Tournament? That’s not a good idea..

“I find your lack of Faith disturbing.”

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: draner.5213

draner.5213

“Paulie want a nerf!” – Random parrot

But in all seriousness theres no way we can get another nerf. Im actually expecting a buff with no strings attached for jan update. Hopefully.

lol. that is all.

in Engineer

Posted by: Specterryu Quipter.8412

Specterryu Quipter.8412

Hmmm, how about:
“Prepare yourself, nerf is coming.”
-Game of Thrones

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as think.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

We have found an Engineer, may we nerf it? – Monty Python and the Holy Grail

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

“Paulie want a nerf!” – Random parrot

But in all seriousness theres no way we can get another nerf. Im actually expecting a buff with no strings attached for jan update. Hopefully.

lol. that is all.

Ooof how wrong I was :/

In my defense though we didn’t get a nerf that month

(edited by Penguin.5197)

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

“I am sick and kitten tired of all these mother kitten nerfs in this mother kitten game!”
- an engie in “Nerfs in a Game”

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in Engineer

Posted by: manbullss.4309

manbullss.4309

The nerf will fall when the buffing is asked

in Engineer

Posted by: tuskan.1205

tuskan.1205

“You fool! No Engineer can kill me. Die now!” -Witch King (2003)

Tuskan, Engineer Extraordinaire

in Engineer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

dimly lit small room, three engineers approach an ominously glowing blood red hologram of a Mark II Golem towering above them.

(golem) – YOU ARE NOT THE WARRIOR.

(engi2) – What is this, some kind of butler golem?

(golem) – RUDIMENTARY PROFESSION OF COGS AND GEARS. YOU TOUCH MY MIND, THUMBLING IN IGNORANCE. INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING.

(engi3) – I dont think this is a butler golem.

(golem) – THERE IS A REALM OF EXISTANCE SO FAR BEYOND YOUR OWN YOU CANT EVEN IMAGE IT. I AM BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION. I AM ARENANET.

(engi1) – ArenaNet isn’t just a Nerfbat weapon the Warrior found. It is an actual Nerfer!

(ArenaNet) – NERFER. A LABEL INVENTED BY THE PVE MESMERS OF GUILD WARS 1 TO GIVE VOICE TO THEIR DESTRUCTION. IN THE END WHAT THEY CHOSE TO CALL US IS IRRELEVANT. WE SIMPLY ARE.

(engi2) – PvE Mesmers in Guild Wars 1 were nerfed to oblivion 250 years ago! You could not have been there, its impossible!

(ArenaNet) – VERSATILE PROFESSIONS ARE NOTHING BUT DEVELOPING MUTATION. AN ACCIDENT. YOUR USEFULLNESS IS MEASURED IN SUPPORT AND DPS. IN BOTH ASPECTS YOU WITHER AND DIE. WE ARE ETERNAL. BEFORE US YOU ARE NOTHING. YOUR DESTRUCTION IS INNEVITABLE.

(engi1) – Whatever your upcoming update notes state, you will fail! I will make sure of that!

(ArenaNet) – CONFIDENCE BORN OF IGNORANCE. THE CYCLE CANNOT BE BROKEN.

(engi2) – Cycle? What cycle?

(ArenaNet) – THE PATTERN HAS REPEATED ITSELF MORE TIMES THAN YOU CAN FATHOM. PROFESSION IDEAS RISE, EVOLVE, AND AT THE APEX OF THEIR GLORY, THEY ARE EXTINGUISHED. THE MESMERS WERE NOT THE FIRST. THEY DID NOT CREATE “OVERPOWERED”. THEY DID NOT INVENT “TROLLING THE ENEMY”. THEY MERELY REDISCOVERED THESE, THE LEGACY OF MY KIND.

(engi1) – Why would you create these things and let the professions find them?

(ArenaNet) – YOUR TACTICS IN BATTLE ARE BASED ON “TROLLING” WITH VERSATILITY. OUR TACTIC. BY USING IT, YOUR KIND DEVELOPS ALONG THE PATH WE DESIRE. WE IMPOSE ORDER ON THE CHAOS OF PLAYER ENGINUITY. YOU EXIST BECAUSE WE ALLOW IT, AND YOU WILL END, BECASUE WE DEMAND IT.

(engi3) – They are nerfing us! Letting us grow our expectations to the level they want, then obliterating our hopes!

(engi1) – Where do you come from? Who built you?

(ArenaNet) – WE HAVE NO BEGINNING. WE HAVE NO END. WE ARE INFINITE. MILLIONS OF PATCHES AFTER YOUR PROFESSION HAS BEEN ERADICATED AND FORGOTTEN, WE WILL ENDURE.

(engi1) – Where are the rest of the Nerfers? Are you the last of your kind?

(ArenaNet) – WE ARE LEGION. THE TIME OF OUR NEXT PATCH IS COMING. OUR UPDATE NOTES WILL DARKEN THE DAY OF EVERY PLAYER. YOU CANNOT ESCAPE YOUR DOOM.

(engi1) – You are not even alive! Not really. You are just a machine, and machines can be broken. Or tweaked. Or altered. Or fixed. Or salvaged. Or repurposed. Its kind of our thing really… You know… Machines…?

(ArenaNet) – YOUR WORDS ARE AS EMPTY AS YOUR FUTURE. I AM THE VANGUARD OF YOUR DESTRUCTION. THIS EXCHANGE IS OVER.

room crushed under the weight of a 1Gb patch with not a single bug fix for the engineer.

(edited by lakdav.3694)

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

^ … win.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

Nerf, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not soe,
For, those, whom thou think’st, thou dost overthrow,
Weak’n not, poore nerf, nor yet canst thou nerf mee.
From patche and fix, which but thy pictures bee,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with class-change doe goe,
Rest of their names, and chars deliverie.
Thou art slave to Whine, Chance, bugs, and desperate devs,
And dost with flamer, naydes, and elixirie dwell,
And trait change, or range can make us nerf’d as well,
And better then thy stroake; why swell’st thou then?
One short patche past, wee wake eternally,
And nerf shall be no more; Nerf, thou shalt be nerfed.

-John Donne on GW2 Engineers, ca 1610

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

in Engineer

Posted by: Elmori.7369

Elmori.7369

The engineer is not measured by the number of nerfs we take, but by the patches that take our builds away. ~George Carlin

When you look at yourself from an engineer’s standpoint, something inside always reminds or informs you that there are bigger and better things to worry about. ~Albert Einstein

SFR Engineer Bozwai

in Engineer

Posted by: Kabooky.8071

Kabooky.8071

The only thing necessary for the triumph of Anet is for good Engineers to do nothing

Attributed to Edmund Burke.

in Engineer

Barondil.1459

With the upcoming balance patch, it’s time to push this thread.^^

Engi A: What do we say to the God of Nerfs?
Engi B: Not today!

Game of Thrones (2011)

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

With the upcoming balance patch, it’s time to push this thread.^^

Engi A: What do we say to the God of Nerfs?
Engi B: Not today!

Game of Thrones (2011)

This is the engi subforum, not the necro one

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Engineer

Barondil.1459

Dev A: What do we say to the Buffs for the Engineer?
Dev B: Not today!

Games of Thrones (2011)

Better?

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Dev A: What do we say to the Buffs for the Engineer?
Dev B: Not today!

Games of Thrones (2011)

Better?

You completely misunderstood….

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

then i realized these forums dont tell you the year of the post.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Whoah. This thread was good enough to maybe warrant the massive necro, but…that was a long, long time ago.

in Engineer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

“You gonna bring another profession to kill me? Just give me a moment, I’m gonna call Koroshi, Yishis, and Wolfineer. (Snickers).”- Tiny Theof Trololol

(edited by themenaceofseventhdimension.2075)

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Engineers! Ready your builds and play hearty… For next patch, we get nerfed to hell!
(300)