What a horrible patch

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Deplorable turrets ( trait ) still uses old turrets, so if you have it on, flame turret will go back to its 40s cd, rifle turret will do 50% less damge and no cripple from thump!

As far as I’ve noticed, only the Flame CD is affected with Deployable turrets. Attack from rifle turret and rocket turret are same with and without the trait. Cripple is applied as well.

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

OP, I agree 100%

Having played eng since beta I’ve seen this class become less fun with each and every patch.
Going to play my Mesmer as a main (on whom I just look at engies as free badges)

I love to prybar mesmers that think like this.

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

that’s awesome! thanks for letting us now

and it sucks about flame… this one is actually usable now but doesnt get along with any other turrets hehe

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

The patch notes also failed to mention that turrets now explode after 5 mins…

Yes, they did announce that all Utility Turrets explode after 5 minutes. It’s in the section of the patch notes labeled “Engineer.” It’s about midway through the Engineer section just above the Thumper turret changes.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

(edited by Sporadicus.1028)

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Great patch, but the huge buff didn’t come from Engineer buffs, but rather from ANET fixing Giver’s weapons.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

I’m mostly surprised this many people use Deployable Turrets.

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

We lost kit Refinement AND! 2 condition removers!! and gain nothing in return :S

best thing about the whole update was having veil taken out elixir U.. thats it. turrets are still terrible :S

This. And bug fixes (that shoulda been done months ago.)

^ yah :P, but considering we’re the buggiest class in the game, i dont consider those a pro lol!

God, my heart loves engi but my brain is telling me “stop being dumb, go play mesmer”

The exact same thing! Ghell, but my engi is just soooo much fun. But effective? No.

Scope is still bugged! → why?!
deployable turretsnis still bugged for flame turret! → why?!

Kit refinment got a rework! → why?! Honestly, why did they do this? I can understand getting a new GK ability since the 100nades burst was just brutal. But why does the GK ability chance had to drag the whole KR trait in agony? don’t tell me anything else, KR.. Is.. useless.

Turrets got buffed!→ ok something good right here. Sadly :’), turrets are still an unfair option. They just not as effective as P/P with HGH confusion builds.

Flamethrower still isn’t worth a skill slot in WvW or PvP→ why?

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

My Engi is pretty young, but I did recognize the usefulness of KR. When I first read the KR changes I was a little excited. I saw the new skills as improvements and justified the 20s CD by knowing that with improved functionality comes a balance…that being a longer shared CD.

Having experimented with the updated KR for about 10 mins and reading the forums poster’s results of trying to use the updated KR I realize that I was wrong for my initial excitement. A couple of the new skills are pretty cool but some are almost contradictory to the kit it’s attributed to. Regardless, the 20s global cooldown is the biggest hit to the skill.

My expectation is that Anet will tweak KR a little in a week or 2 after gathering some data. I think they’ll realize that a 20s CD might be ok, just not a shared global CD. And that the grenade kit’s mine is a little kitten

I’m excited that the recent patch had so much Engineer attention. They fixed bugs that needed to be fixed. They buffed turrets (which everyone was whining about) yet everyone seems to annoyed by the new KR to be grateful for. 50-100% buff to a lot of turret related aspects and players are still complaining that they’re rubbish.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

I’m excited that the recent patch had so much Engineer attention. They fixed bugs that needed to be fixed. They buffed turrets (which everyone was whining about) yet everyone seems to annoyed by the new KR to be grateful for. 50-100% buff to a lot of turret related aspects and players are still complaining that they’re rubbish.

I’m happy to see so much attention aswell. Too bad their attention is not given enough or given to the wrong things. Did you hear ANYONE complain about the KR trait? Yes you heard ’m complain about 100nades→ just give KR for GK another ability. Why would they add a 20s global CD? Why?!

And the turret buffs were nice, but not nice enough. Turrets still get hammered in WvW, and somewhat in PvP, making them bad choices in combat.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Did you hear ANYONE complain about the KR trait? Yes you heard ’m complain about 100nades-> just give KR for GK another ability. Why would they add a 20s global CD? Why?!

Having experimented with the updated KR for about 10 mins and reading the forums poster’s results of trying to use the updated KR I realize that I was wrong for my initial excitement. A couple of the new skills are pretty cool but some are almost contradictory to the kit it’s attributed to. Regardless, the 20s global cooldown is the biggest hit to the skill.

I mentioned that. Obviously the 20s CD is the most glaring nerf to KR.

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Pannonica
Red Guard

(edited by Pannonica.5378)

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Isn’t the end result of the patch, when all is said and done, that we have p/p HGH condition burst… and that’s it?

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I tried it yesterday.

Didn’t like it, kit refinement is gone from my builds choice. Maybe I will try it again, but right now it’s just a lackluster 10 points trait.

The random effect of never knowing if you gonna cast this or that is so annoying.

And the new KR just say : Go to hell multiki, just use one kit. And don’t use medkit!

I had medkit on with another kit, and the timing was just so annoying. Thanks for wasting my cooldown while I travel around!

@Kimbald

Yep, Anet seems to only want us to use PP HGH build.

In WvW with easy 100% condition duration, this build just outperform anything else. They have more burst then a SD build, without being glassy.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: acedragonz.9387

acedragonz.9387

“Major nerf minor buffs”…..pfffffft riiiiiight. For me it was no nerf, nice buffs & probably for a lot of other people aswell…. stop kittening about KR kitten & try out some new stuff for once..

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

“Major nerf minor buffs”…..pfffffft riiiiiight. For me it was no nerf, nice buffs & probably for a lot of other people aswell…. stop kittening about KR kitten & try out some new stuff for once..

what new stuff?

Turrets? They still die in a few hits, so that sort of ruins their buffs…

Kits? I was a 3 or 4 kit engineer always, I embodied ‘trying out new stuff’.
This patch showed me such builds as mine will never be viable.

Gadgets?
Plenty of new stuff to try out indeed. Maybe because a gadget build is a gimmicky joke that ends up weaker than a 4 kit build?

Elixirs?
New stuff for me, since I didn’t use them. I was stupid not to.
Elixirs are the only utilities we have that can do everything, from support to burst, to cleansing, to survival, to stunbreaking.
The traits for elixirs are awesome. I ould only dream of having equal traits for turrets, kits, or god forbid: gadgets!

p/p HGH? That’s not the new stuff, that’s what most will be running…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Quickness nerf supposedly lengthened the duration of all quickness skills right? Did our Elixir U get that? Cuz it is and has been 5s right? Am I missing something?

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

google.3709

before duration was glitched, they recently fixed to make it an accurate 5s

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: acedragonz.9387

acedragonz.9387

what new stuff?

Turrets? They still die in a few hits, so that sort of ruins their buffs…

Kits? I was a 3 or 4 kit engineer always, I embodied ‘trying out new stuff’.
This patch showed me such builds as mine will never be viable.

Gadgets?
Plenty of new stuff to try out indeed. Maybe because a gadget build is a gimmicky joke that ends up weaker than a 4 kit build?

Elixirs?
New stuff for me, since I didn’t use them. I was stupid not to.
Elixirs are the only utilities we have that can do everything, from support to burst, to cleansing, to survival, to stunbreaking.
The traits for elixirs are awesome. I ould only dream of having equal traits for turrets, kits, or god forbid: gadgets!

p/p HGH? That’s not the new stuff, that’s what most will be running…

I don’t think that KR is necessary for multiple Kit builds… ofc it helps & I will not deny it, but just the fact that Anet focused more on Engis this patch than on any other class shows that, we can probably look forward to future patches. Yes, turrets die quickly, no they are not useless… I am trying them out atm (sPvP) & they are viable. Gadgets can be very helpful as well… sure not near as viable as Kits & Elixirs but still…
I am just sick & tired of everyone in this forum crying about how “broken” & useless Engis are, & how Anet keeps hitting them with the nerf bat (which is true until this last patch imho). I had a Thief as main & as soon as I tried out Engi I knew this was MY new Main. I no way at all have I ever thought that they were UP… some builds just didn’t work until now, turrets for example, but now they are at least viable. KR is NOT the only useful Engi trait.. I have the feeling that this forum doesn’t know that & this really grinds my gears.

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

Quickness nerf supposedly lengthened the duration of all quickness skills right? Did our Elixir U get that? Cuz it is and has been 5s right? Am I missing something?

Nothing in the patch notes, but it won’t prevent us from healing anymore, became an instant cast, and breaks stun. Can’t really complain…

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Alas, my dream of this in a medieval fantasy realm has yet to come to fruition.

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

google.3709

Engi, warriors, rangers, theif are all kitten about this patch, hopefully anet takes the hint and stop doing stuff like this. seriously, ele and warrior got better, while everyone else got worse… how’s that balance?

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

Really? I just looked through the patch notes and it seems like it adressed a lot of things that were flat out underpowered. The new kit refinement has a lot of positive upsides which potentially can outweight the change to EG.

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

google.3709

Really? I just looked through the patch notes and it seems like it adressed a lot of things that were flat out underpowered. The new kit refinement has a lot of positive upsides which potentially can outweight the change to EG.

when you read it, it sounds pretty, but once you get on the game you will be like WTF, both turret and KR nerf were a bust… now both of them are pretty close to useless and they bugs they fixed, were the bugs we did not want to get fixed! it was a loss loss from every angle :S

now i don’t even feel like playign engi cause i simply feel soooo weak :S

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

Static Discharge is still great… (until They realize that we still have something that doesn’t suck and come to break our kneecaps again)…

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

What a horrible patch

in Engineer

Posted by: GimpCent.9268

GimpCent.9268

I would just like to make a update….

This was still a horrible patch and I have never been more glad on my choice