Fix most broken autoattack in game

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

this is fun. just watched it and goly, Amins. that was tasty and made me wanna go in WvW now. i actually built a scepter torch build and gonna have to test it to see if i can achieve similar results.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

If you make projectiles in this game fast enough to where they have to actually be dodged in order to dodge, then there is no problem. If you are going to leave them so slow that simply jiggling the left and right buttons will allow a target to never be hit, then you need to make the projectiles track. Otherwise, your entire projectile mechanics system is simply broken.

John, I agree with the above poster. Strafing from left to right shouldn’t completely negate damage like the video below.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

fair enough. but i also think one should not be standing still spamming #1 with the scepter. i see the point of illustration, but not that convincing from an actual gameplay standpoint. when do you ever see that happen in game?

EDIT: that being said, i of course am not opposed to any improvements made to the scepter. matter of fact, i quite welcome any plans to be made! it’s just not as useless or broken most people make it out to be.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Naranek.3467

Naranek.3467

I actually don’t hate my scepter. I use it all the time in WvW, although, since it’s the only real range a guard has, you kinda have to when either attacking or defending. I think it needs a slight tweak, is all. A little faster, or a little farther, or a quicker recharge on Chains of Light (which also needs longer reach). Smite is perfect as-is.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Nice one Amins, i guess you did use a build i overlooked or simply overrated valor to much. Dispite the situation you need to be in to pull it off, i stand corrected.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Guardian

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Scepter is really powerful as it is. It outdamages melee weapons easily in certain situtations if you have right setup. I can agree only that slow projectiles are less useful in zerg wvw. But then you have op staff.

If guardian needs fix on some autoattack it’s hammer, because you lose your target a lot and you cannot finish the last hit etc. I do not think it works as intended in wvw. In sPvP and pve it works better, even though still misses a lot.

Also staff autoattack is probably overly powerful in zerg wvw. It’s autoattack and has wide area aoe dmg AND hits relatively hard. If it would only do 2 of these things it wouldn’t be so bad but combine all it’s pretty powerful. Of course downside is that staff isn’t really good for much else.

Nerf staff and suddenly scepter will feel like a powerful weapon.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Jon,

If you are still watching this thread, I have a question for you. What is the idea behind the scepter skill smite? To my knowledge its the only skill in game that is aoe and splits the damage among each target caught within it.

Why was it designed this way? Its kind of negates the fact that it is a aoe, because you are punished for hitting more than one foe.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Scepter is really powerful as it is. It outdamages melee weapons easily in certain situtations if you have right setup.

Scepter does ~not~ out damage 2h melee weapons.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Jon,

If you are still watching this thread, I have a question for you. What is the idea behind the scepter skill smite? To my knowledge its the only skill in game that is aoe and splits the damage among each target caught within it.

Why was it designed this way? Its kind of negates the fact that it is a aoe, because you are punished for hitting more than one foe.

I honestly believe it was because the scepter is supposed to play as more of a single target ranged weapon while staff is supposed to be the AoE ranged weapon. Also keep in mind that smite ticks ALOT faster than symbols/other AoE skills, as it does its damage faster that 1 second at a time. I think this is why they limited the potential of the skill like they did. Honestly I find it annoying as well. But I believe that was the design intention. If Jon could give us an actual answer though that would be awesome.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Ok Necro staff is 22% faster than this skill. I think we just missed upping this when we did our pass to up projectile velocity on skills that were absolutely too sluggish.

I suspect that is the case – I remember raising a mental eyebrow when that pass went through and the sceptre got missed while Orb of Light on the staff (one skill that does actually have some benefit from being slow, as it makes it easier to time the detonate if it’s ever worth detonating) had a projectile speed increase.

Good to know it’s being looked at!

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Guardian

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

i dont have a guardian, but i feel i should put my opinion out there. the scepter autoattack probably is useless and all that. but honestly, when im fighting guardians, the slow moving animation is just scary

Thats all ;P

I am a teef
:)

in Guardian

Sandra Martino.3870

i dont have a guardian, but i feel i should put my opinion out there. the scepter autoattack probably is useless and all that. but honestly, when im fighting guardians, the slow moving animation is just scary

Thats all ;P

Waaait, a slow blue small tennis ball is scary?

Even so… hit WASD and it wont hit.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tobeyeus.9376

Tobeyeus.9376

I would gladly trade speed for a great hit chance. I would like to see Guardian Scepter work like the Mesmer Scepter. The first 2 auto attacks in the chain would be semi-homing projectiles, the third auto attack would be a targeted holy lightning bolt.

I don’t think Guardians are asking for the ranged damage of other professions. I think they are merely asking for a reliable ranged weapon that allows them to take part in sieges and to engage other ranged professions.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Make it like the tome of wrath 1. Instead of ground targeting it Auto-casts on target, hits up to 3 nearby targets and burns for 1 second. U’d have to slow down the attack speed obviously, but it would give it more utility and make it a condi weapon since we dont have a primary that fills that role.

I’d love to see a main-hand of ours that actually applies our only condi =P

(edited by Dynnen.6405)

in Guardian

Posted by: YourOwnFear.2743

YourOwnFear.2743

Guess no one wanted to changed that 22% this patch.

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Maybe it did get fixed, but not in the patch notes.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Guardian

YourOwnFear.2743

I am testing it now and there is no difference.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Maybe they didn’t get it tested in time. Sometimes that happens. Even if people think that “oh it’s such an easy fix, signed someone who doesn’t program the game”

The point is that they’re aware of it and it should be fixed in some way eventually.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in Guardian

Sandra Martino.3870

Maybe they didn’t get it tested in time. Sometimes that happens. Even if people think that “oh it’s such an easy fix, signed someone who doesn’t program the game”

The point is that they’re aware of it and it should be fixed in some way eventually.

While your first statement is true, a lot of people who have passion for games like these have game development or coding as their jobs/hobby so most of us can imagine what kind of work is into this.

I won’t go further on that but one thing i do know for sure and that is i don’t agree with their priorities. New southshore cove patch is apparently more important then fixing balance issues or major profession/skill bugs.

Nevertheless… I still offer donuts if you forget about the speed Jon. Make it homing!!! (Big sweet kitty eyes)

in Guardian

YourOwnFear.2743

Homing would be amazing. I would be happy with the speed if it had homing. That would actually fix the problem, while still leaving a slow easy to dodge/los projectile.

in Guardian

Posted by: Preecha.2357

Preecha.2357

It’s very obvious that #1 skills on most ranged weapons need some re-tuning on their attack speeds vs. damage stats. It’s actually an across-the-board problem affecting almost everything, the only exceptions are the Rifle, the Ranger’s Shortbow, and the Mesmer’s Greatsword.

1. skills for Longbows, Pistols, Staffs, and Scepters across professions have a very slow rate of fire for the damage they do. Unsurprisingly, those sets tend to not get used very much. I don’t know what they’re smoking to have not addressed this yet.

I wouldn’t be that harsh about it but I do agree with this post

in Guardian

Sandra Martino.3870

This is truly mindboggeling, How can it not have been fixed this patch?? How? Why?

Flabbergasted.

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

So as a video analysis of Amins’ performance, at most I figure his build structure is somewhere approximately like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJArvEJhDCnQyZUgAgNDCCAqUEP6DA-w

A lot of +% damage done, virtues add boons and also 90% sure unscathed contender is active because he makes sure he has aegis up from activating VoC on big hits. Also at one point his halfway recharge on signet of wrath is at 12 seconds so that tells that he has 20% reduction on signets as well.

Since virtues give boons the added 4% from power of the virtuous + 10% on burning + 10% on targets with conditions + 5% on scepter + 20% with aegis = 49% extra damage

Then add on his 76% damage on crit that’s 125% extra damage when he crits.

Mixture of flat % increase damage looked lackluster to most on release, but he shows that combined with crit damage you can get decent % damage on crit as well as keep damage higher on non-crits.

Although if he took 30% crit damage from valor and 10% from burning as well as 20% from aegis as well as another 4% from boons + 76% from his gear he would have 140% extra damage on crits. But would those traits in the rest of the lines mix well together? meh?

If someone wants to figure out the gear his stats are seen at the start of that video. I figure a mixture of berserker/valkyrie, and maybe even shaman cause he has 100+ healing power with vitality increases? Take into consideration higher stats cause of wvw bonuses.

edit:

Just looked at his boon duration/virtue recharge. It is only 10% so he only has 10% into virtues for unscathed contender. So no extra damage on boons freeing up even more trait points.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

This is truly mindboggeling, How can it not have been fixed this patch?? How? Why?

Flabbergasted.

It’s not at all. The dev stated they had no idea when that would be fixed. They only acknowledged it wasn’t correctly implemented. The only truly mindblowing thing is that people equate ‘no idea when it will be fixed’ to ‘next patch’.

in Guardian

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

It’s not at all. The dev stated they had no idea when that would be fixed. They only acknowledged it wasn’t correctly implemented. The only truly mindblowing thing is that people equate ‘no idea when it will be fixed’ to ‘next patch’.

No, the truly mind-blowing thing is that it takes so long to change a single number

in Guardian

Sandra Martino.3870

No, the truly mind-blowing thing is that it takes so long to change a single number

Indeed but foremost its actually the fact this is still in the game:

Its so hilariously broken that it is probably a worldrecord in the MMORPG genre for having such a broken mechanic still in the game after nearly a year for the release. Previous posters said its not gamebreaking, but in essence it is. Scepter is the only viable ranged weapon we have (staff is but support/tag only) and yet it cannot hit moving targets. Result: ranged guardian do not exist. Wait what? Yes!

This fact, is mindblowing. In my reality, southsun/new holiday + balance updates should be tossed aside and the devs foremost fix this bug immediately.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Yeah OFC … they should definitely hold off releasing global game content that everyone has access to for a minor bug that affects only one class. What was I thinking?

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Check this out.

Ok Necro staff is 22% faster than this skill. I think we just missed upping this when we did our pass to up projectile velocity on skills that were absolutely too sluggish. That being said it looks like you can fire one of these orbs every .8 seconds whereas Necro staff fire rate is 1.3 seconds. Grasp does pass through targets in a line so I feel that differential is fairly warranted. I can’t promise when this is going to be fixed, but I can say I WILL fix it.

This was posted 26 days ago. I added emphasis to the part that might have been overlooked. I’ll quote another post that may be of use.

One of the fun things about live MMO development: all the steps that things have to go through to make it live. Generally a feature needs to be done 2+ weeks before it can go live, so it can get locked down and separated from everything else in development to be tested in isolation with the live game to verify it doesn’t function different in a server filled with development code vs. what’s going to go live. Before this lock down, the feature needs to be done with core development about 1-2 weeks earlier to allow downstream teams like localization, editing, and audio to have time to complete their work after the content teams are complete so content isn’t changing out from under them. And if any VO is used in the feature, all the recorded text needs to be completed 4+ weeks earlier than that to allow all of our localization VO partners to get all the correct staff in studio to record all the VO to match the english recording after the first batch of VO is recorded.

Most of this year we’ve been having a release once every month, which means if a feature has a lot of issues during testing and we need to make a lot of updates and pukitten back, it could be multiple months until it gets into the next one due to all the lead time required before something ships in game. The amount of steps required to get something live is pretty staggering, I just covered some of the high level steps above but there are a lot more than this.

We’ve actually been re-working this pipeline a bit lately in the background to try and speed it up (thus 2 releases in a row with 2 weeks separating instead of 4) but it still makes it really hard for us to give exact dates. A little peak behind the curtain how development works, there are around 300 folks working at ArenaNet, but a lot of them have nothing to do with building the feature, and instead provide all the support required to get that feature live. It’s why very few live games do frequent updates to their products, but we’re trying to find innovative ways to buck that trend and update more frequently.

So again, check this out. It takes time for these things to get from known issue (or new content) to on our dinner table.
It takes time to find a proper solution for a fix. Maybe scepter being skipped the first time was justified, and they’ve re-discovered that. Maybe they’ve realized that even a 22% increase isn’t enough, and they’re looking at all the “slow” projectile skills. Maybe, they’re wanting to add new functionality to the scepter, and they’re still trying to figure out exactly how they want it done.
After they figure out the solution, then they need to possibly localize it. It doesn’t really seem like there would be much to do at this stage, but maybe other languages have some different things going on (this is far more likely if they were adding new functionality or something). They’re working on a system to provide more data on skill, trait, rune, etc tooltips, and so maybe they’re figuring things out with that.
By now, we’re possibly 2 weeks or more into the change. At this point, they need to go into testing. As far as I’ve heard, pretty much everything goes through at least 2 weeks of testing before it fully goes live. Going by just that, that’d be 4 weeks, or more than 26 days, which means that assuming steps 1 and 2 took an effective 2 weeks, it still would be in testing, and wouldn’t be in this build today.

I know a 22% increase doesn’t seem like much, but we aren’t the Devs working on this. We don’t have the oversight to know if that change is actually fully warranted, and we aren’t sitting, watching the fix go through its process. We ultimately have no clue when it should go live, and its arrogant demanding. The way scepter works is how it works. If its supposed to be hard to land, then its doing its job. The way scepter works in the future will be the same way. If its meant to be hard to land in the future, then that’s what it’ll be.

TL;DR: No, go read it. Mull it over in your brain and cool your jets. Patience is our 4th virtue.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

green plum.7514

Scepter is the only viable ranged weapon we have (staff is but support/tag only) and yet it cannot hit moving targets. Result: ranged guardian do not exist. Wait what? Yes!

This is true for most ranged attacks in the game. I fail to see what the big problem is. If the opponent is side-strafing like that, he is most likely not doing anything useful.

in Guardian

green plum.7514

So again, check this out. It takes time for these things to get from known issue (or new content) to on our dinner table.

You are confusing new features and bug fixes. What Colin writes makes perfect sense for new content and big changes (like ability changes). But increasing projectile speed is (or better – should be) a trivial change which does not have to go though all these instances. As far as testing goes – I have a strong suspicion that ANet simply lacks a proper testing framework. The bulk of testing should be done with statistical simulations and unit tests based on the game engine. From what I have seen so far (slow and often broken patches) they don’t have anything like this. I mean, there are still areas in the game where mobs respawn with absurd speed, and they can’t fix it. If they had proper testing facilities, such issues should not exist at all, because they are easily detectible without any human interaction.

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orb_of_Wrath

Damage lowered to: 134

Fix projectile speed.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Guardian

Sandra Martino.3870

Scepter is the only viable ranged weapon we have (staff is but support/tag only) and yet it cannot hit moving targets. Result: ranged guardian do not exist. Wait what? Yes!

This is true for most ranged attacks in the game. I fail to see what the big problem is. If the opponent is side-strafing like that, he is most likely not doing anything useful.

If you watch closely, the hp only went down when he stopped strafing during the 45 second movie. Imagine what an elemental can do to you in those 45 seconds while you cannot chop any HP off a player while using a scepter.

And no, this is NOT true for most ranged attacks in the game. Jon said it himself, scepter is overlooked when a 22% projectile speed increase was shipped across the board. This combined with the fact that we have no other ranged option make it gamebreaking for players that are interested in ranged viability for guardians.

Yeah OFC … they should definitely hold off releasing global game content that everyone has access to for a minor bug that affects only one class. What was I thinking?

Yes when something is broken in such a draconic way, new content should be put on hold while old content gets fixed.

in Guardian

Kami.7369

If you watch closely, the hp only went down when he stopped strafing during the 45 second movie. Imagine what an elemental can do to you in those 45 seconds while you cannot chop any HP off a player while using a scepter.

And no, this is NOT true for most ranged attacks in the game. Jon said it himself, scepter is overlooked when a 22% projectile speed increase was shipped across the board. This combined with the fact that we have no other ranged option make it gamebreaking for players that are interested in ranged viability for guardians.

Yes when something is broken in such a draconic way, new content should be put on hold while old content gets fixed.

Why would new content get put on hold? They clearly have more than 1 dev team. Why would the Living World or WvW team need to stop doing stuff while waiting for the Class Balance team to do something else? Is adding people that don’t work with those systems regularly going to somehow improve the speed at which something gets resolved?

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Saying it doesn’t make it fact. There is nothing draconic about the bug so it shouldn’t be alarming it hasn’t been fixed. Even with the bug, Guardian and scepter are still functional. If you can’t see why this hasn’t been fixed yet, you just don’t understand what is a priority.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Canach’s Lair is a 5-minute mission that will be gone from the game next month. Guardian’s crappy scepter attacks will be here forever. Fix the game before you add shiny things.

As far as “there are more than 1 dev team”, devs will work where they’re told to work. If your priority is crappy lowbie temp content and gem store cash grabs (copy/paste job on the consortium sickle, looking at you here) you’ll assign devs to that and not bug fixes. More devs on the bugfix team = more bugs fixed.

Retired. Too many casuals.

in Guardian

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Scepter isn’t so bad that it ruins guardian, and frankly once they buff the projectile speed it might get to be a bit too strong.

I really hope they think hard about buffing one of the strongest classes in the game carefully before they just throw more speed into the orbs.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cloud Stryfe.4058

Cloud Stryfe.4058

lol one of the strongest class of the game but strangely you can find in SPVP only a lot of mesmer , thief and ranger and in WVW a lot of thief perma stealth with sword…

in Guardian

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

lol one of the strongest class of the game but strangely you can find in SPVP only a lot of mesmer , thief and ranger and in WVW a lot of thief perma stealth with sword…

Yes, one of the strongest classes in the game.

tPvP compositions are still rarely created without a Guardian in them, and in my opinion it is the only mode in this game that is balance-able by character adjustment (weapons, traits, etc.).

When you refer to sPvP, I assume you must be talking about Hot Join. There are plenty of Guardians there that have plenty of success, but talking about the balance of Hot Join is still kind of silly as it is a rank grind mode rather than competetive. WvW is inherently imbalanced in general for a large number of reasons, not the least of which is imbalanced team sizes and gigantonormous maps, so there is no point looking at that when referring to balance. As far as PvE is concerned, “balance” is largely irrelevant, but where it is, the balance should be achieved by tweaking the AI content rather than characters (again IMO).

in Guardian

Posted by: Cloud Stryfe.4058

Cloud Stryfe.4058

The Guardian of the Beta was surely strong-Op , now surely not.We have good utilities and a lot of way to heal but just that , our damage sucks compared to 3-4 class and playing a berserker guardian is just for fun because we have really few Hp , impossible to play seriously.We have not a ranged weapon that works well , just the stuff with a range of 600.In SPVP the only way that people need a guardian is just for point holder , for all the rest they all prefer other classes.In wvw guardian is good in mass pvp , surely not the best for camping because we have not a great mobility and we have no chance to win a good thief that play with sword -perma stealth because every time you are near to win they just escape out of battle , the best you can do is a 0-0 and if someone sayd “I have no problem with thieves” is because you have fought vs noobies , the same that I can kick too.

in Guardian

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

In tPvP Guardian is the strongest, self-sufficient bunker, asyou conceded. It can also be set up for DPS (not bursty Zerker) and still carry enough control to be viable at neuting points on the opposing team.

I’m not saying that Scepter auto shouldn’t have better speed. Just saying that blindly buffing it without considering the consequences could be problematic if all of a sudden Guards can do massive damage at range without sacrificing some control or sustain. Even with the auto in its current state Scepter gets some play in tournies because #2 and #3 are both strong skills. On the whole, I’d say that fixing the speed on the auto will most likely require either a reduction in damage or increased CD’s on 2 and 3.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

Ok Necro staff is 22% faster than this skill. I think we just missed upping this when we did our pass to up projectile velocity on skills that were absolutely too sluggish. That being said it looks like you can fire one of these orbs every .8 seconds whereas Necro staff fire rate is 1.3 seconds. Grasp does pass through targets in a line so I feel that differential is fairly warranted. I can’t promise when this is going to be fixed, but I can say I WILL fix it.

It’s pretty sad that I can get to a boss, and use Orb of Light… and outrun my Orb and hit the boss before Orb hits. I don’t mind if we don’t get a super long range weapon. The fact that people can spam ADADADADADADA and cause all my scepter attacks to miss unless I hit Chains of light is what makes me want to cry. Please, just increase the speed of the attack and projectile velocity, and we’ll be fine.

in Guardian

Kami.7369

It’s pretty sad that I can get to a boss, and use Orb of Light… and outrun my Orb and hit the boss before Orb hits. I don’t mind if we don’t get a super long range weapon. The fact that people can spam ADADADADADADA and cause all my scepter attacks to miss unless I hit Chains of light is what makes me want to cry. Please, just increase the speed of the attack and projectile velocity, and we’ll be fine.

That’s the thing, though. WILL we be fine? Remember, Scepter auto attack is a very high damage ability, with a very fast swing speed. If they increase the projectile speed on it, maybe they have to lower the strength of the ability elsewhere.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

That’s the thing, though. WILL we be fine? Remember, Scepter auto attack is a very high damage ability, with a very fast swing speed. If they increase the projectile speed on it, maybe they have to lower the strength of the ability elsewhere.

I’m fine with them slowing the cast speed itself down a bit, maybe to a flat 1 second. It’s at .8 right now. I just hate how unreliable the scepter is for "ranged’ fighting right now. Can’t count how many time i’ve gotten to kitten a bit late, got in range to fire, and i watch kitten dies while my orb is still hobbling toward it. -__-’

Or, you know, we could just forgo all of this, give Guardians a bow, give it a piercing 1 ability, the second ability does more damage if the target is burning, the third is a symbol of stability, the 4th is a copy of the Spirit Bows active, and the 5 skill just does a small, quick push back.

To much to ask for tho lol

in Guardian

Kami.7369

I’m fine with them slowing the cast speed itself down a bit, maybe to a flat 1 second. It’s at .8 right now. I just hate how unreliable the scepter is for "ranged’ fighting right now. Can’t count how many time i’ve gotten to kitten a bit late, got in range to fire, and i watch kitten dies while my orb is still hobbling toward it. -__-’

Or, you know, we could just forgo all of this, give Guardians a bow, give it a piercing 1 ability, the second ability does more damage if the target is burning, the third is a symbol of stability, the 4th is a copy of the Spirit Bows active, and the 5 skill just does a small, quick push back.

I’d love a longbow as a Guardian. It would make Bow of Truth make more sense, for sure.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate

in Guardian

Sandra Martino.3870

I’d love a longbow as a Guardian. It would make Bow of Truth make more sense, for sure.

Im not sure if bows fit all that well for guardians, i know we got a spirit bow but it seems a bit off somehow. Just make scepter homing and be done with it!

in Guardian

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

While it is useless in chasing people past about 600 range, it is GREAT for kiting things and doing fantastic damage. It doesn’t bother me too much considering guardians still have teleports. I would rather have the orbs explode on hit for small aoe over projectile speed.