Guard Patch Notes

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Maybe spending 30-45 minutes responding to the community that you’re making the game for might be a good idea.

You know… the same community that’s allowing them to make a living playing video games…

Common curtsy IS a requirement.

Sales 101.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Hey, now that I think about it, didn’t we all chip in and send them some cup cakes???

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Got onto my guard today, saw that SoS was nerfed.

Swiftness is apparently too OP, needed a nerf. Was allowing people to use their legs more efficiently.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i don’t mind sending more cupcakes.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

Yes Guard was in such a good spot specialy on the movement spot that they had to nerf our insane movement speed. Or why not talk about our 80hp/s we got instead of ~18k health and that regen used to be more but it was considered to OP to have, so instead War got that and about 50% extra cause what is Op for a slower, less vitality, less damage class can not be OP on a class that got all of the mentioned above, oh and don’t forget that Warriors are weaker against condi than Guard, guess they forgot to uppdate that as they added three condi cleanse each 10 sec.

Now sure A Warrior might not have the highest of all the mentioned above at the same time. But they sure as hell have all of them bether than a Guard, unless we compare a full tank War vs full dps Guard, i am pretty sure we win that, atleast for now. Pretty sure they will fix that aswell.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

okay, i might be treading in dangerous waters here now.. so i never played during beta. only during headstart and Guardian was my first class… we were THAT different back then? even comaprd to release?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

These changes haven’t done anything to improve the Guardian class. Most people have tried these changes and then said “Ohh yea, they aren’t much of a change”. Still no soft CC, still MASSIVE problems with our weapons, still massive problems with our trait lines, just…tons of problems but we haven’t heard anything about the real problems. Apparently they think we’re just fine, but its hilarious at how outdated our trait lines our and how bad most of our weapons are. Well it’d be more hilarious if I hadn’t have put so much time into my Guard.

Quoted for truth. I’m still debating on running a warrior main instead now that guard is clearly not as good as a warrior. The two things that hold me back: 1) Spent so much time and money on my guardian so it would suck to lose all of that (although my warrior has some of what I need already). 2) I feel like I will get bored with the game if I play warrior since it will be too easy.

I begun to play a warrior and is better at everything.

• With warrior you can go full zerker and survive/flee very easy, even on zergs (You’ll kill a lot).
  • Warrior have a 3 cond clenease every 10 secs or even less, requiring only 1 trait.
  • As warrior you’ll have a lot of options: Shout, Banner, Stance, Physical, Signet or Full mix of utilities – everything works. As Guardian there are TONS of useless utilities: Hallowed Ground is still not useful, Sanctuary have insane CD, Contemplation of Purity have too high CD, Merciful Intervention is far from useful, Signet of Mercy is junk and all spirt weapons doesn’t even need to speak of. Also Mace, Shield andTorch are very weak, while only Axe off hand of the Warrior is weak (and not so much).
  • As builds, Warriors can: Full cleric, full apothecary, full zerker, average tank with good dmg, full cond build and even more options. While Guardians only have tank/support builds at WvW or a gimmick full zerk play as roaming.
  • As melee warrior you can have good mobility with perma swiftness only from elite (both banner or signet), not only that, but they have a adept trait to help as well. As melee Guardian (almost every build possible), you’ll suffer, and now even more with SoS nerfed.
  • As warrior you have an active profession mechanic, with 10 sec of cooldown on their Burst skills. While as guadian you’ll have to use a 1500 AoE heal every minute or block ONE hit every one minute and half. But if you don’t want to use this as guardian, you can be healed by 86 per second or block a random hit every 40 secs.
  • As warrior you have 20k of health easily (you don’t even need more vitality), while as guardian you’ll need tons of vitality only to get close to that.
  • Warriors have a thorough updates, changing every little aspect of the class to make them better (Shout healing from 80% to 90%; Staggering Blow #4 hammer castable while moving), while Devs don’t know what to do on Guardian (even if a lot of people complain about the same problem).
  • YES, Guardian can be very effective at PvE. But I don’t play only PvE. Guardian is very boring for WvW and PvP with only tank/support builds (that is very limited due the amount of useless utilities).

Go ahead, build a warrior, you’ll have no regrets. I’ll still wait them make the guardian more dynamic and interesting to play before coming back. When you play other classes you can see even more clearly what is wrong with the class. I hope that Devs do that, they should play as Guardian more often and try everything that is given, so they’ll finally see the problems, this is the only way to fix the the class.

Sorry for my english.

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

What we got in return is what no one wanted and what the designer said wasn’t going to be good enough. So how does one digest that? Not well I’d wager. I’m sure you have or maybe have a great memory, but go back and read the post, then follow up suggestions.

I agree, but what I’m pointing out is that devs aren’t obligated to post and it’s a fallacy that devs aren’t paying attention to players just because they haven’t taken action on the forums. It’s easy to conclude we are being ignored but it’s never done on a whim … there is a reason they didn’t implement our ideas. They have a direction they feel they have to follow. That’s their job.

What about stuff like “We’ll have a discussion about the damage of shattered aegis soon” and then nothing? How does that play into your line of thought?

Devs decided to not do it? Their agenda changed? Someone got hit by a bus? That’s pretty much my point … any dev presence you see here isn’t a requirement … it’s a courtesy. They don’t need us to do their job.

Honestly I’m having trouble taking seriously someone who has links to burning guard builds in his signature….

You are correct they have no obligation to respond to us. (Although their pattern of moderation shows that they do close threads like this when they see them). I would suggest, however, that you are just blindly assuming that they read every thread on the forum, which you also have no proof of. Just saying “it is their job” doesn’t count as proof.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

What we got in return is what no one wanted and what the designer said wasn’t going to be good enough. So how does one digest that? Not well I’d wager. I’m sure you have or maybe have a great memory, but go back and read the post, then follow up suggestions.

I agree, but what I’m pointing out is that devs aren’t obligated to post and it’s a fallacy that devs aren’t paying attention to players just because they haven’t taken action on the forums. It’s easy to conclude we are being ignored but it’s never done on a whim … there is a reason they didn’t implement our ideas. They have a direction they feel they have to follow. That’s their job.

What about stuff like “We’ll have a discussion about the damage of shattered aegis soon” and then nothing? How does that play into your line of thought?

Devs decided to not do it? Their agenda changed? Someone got hit by a bus? That’s pretty much my point … any dev presence you see here isn’t a requirement … it’s a courtesy. They don’t need us to do their job.

I would suggest, however, that you are just blindly assuming that they read every thread on the forum, which you also have no proof of. Just saying “it is their job” doesn’t count as proof.

Then it would be just YOUR suggestion. I don’t recall seeing Obtena saying anywhere here that “they read every thread on the forum.”

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Developer =/= forum mods

Guard Patch Notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

^^ Exactly … that’s why it’s silly to think the devs didn’t read this thread simply because it’s not moderated and assume the devs don’t care about the class or what we have to say based on that.

Personally, I would prefer they don’t post and solicit us … so I don’t feel like “WTF happened there?”

(edited by Obtena.7952)