Guardian Bugs compilation.

in Guardian

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

Tested merciful intervention, and was able to heal players without issues, the problem is that it wont display the green numbers (the visual feedback) and its possible the target took a damage equal to the healing and that’s why it appears it didn’t heal anything at all.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

SoA Bubble:

myself and another guardian from the guild I’m in tried many different test to gauge the distance of the push-back distances for the different size shields.

I can confirm they are all the same push-back distance.

If an an asura guardian uses his SoA bubble in the center of the target golems, and then a norn uses his SoA bubble—You will see the target golems go a further distance.

However, this has nothing to do with bubble size—rather it has to do with a fixed pushback distance on the shield (ie there is no control in your test)

Simply put, if a guardian uses a push-back on foe at position (1)
\_ foe is now at position (2) but is still in range of a second push-back
\_ if pushed by a second SoA, foe will be pushed to position (3)

Our method for determining the actual bubble ‘size’ and its sphere of influence for knocking enemies back involved:

Both starting at a max range from target golem, using the ability & inching our way closer until it did hit (and push-back).

both of our SoA push-back effects effected a distant foe at the same point, with the larger shield providing no extra push-back reach or knock-back distance.

Furthermore, we tested the ‘actual size’ distance of the combo field with projectile finisher moves. Bullets just outside the tiny Asura bubble will still trigger a combo projectile finisher, ergo the bubbles are the same despite their aesthetic differences.

Thank you will update right away, great of you guys to test it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

I tested the master inscription trait and it is working fine for me, adding like 18-20 of the corresponding stat,

That’s a pretty terse post but it did cause me to do some more testing of bane+wrath.
- At 80 in town it shows the green bonus as the same regardless of the trait.
- When transitioning to a level 80 zone the green bonus goes away on power but the signet bonus is accounted for in the main stat (power). Trait bonus still doesn’t show as factored in.
- Transitioning to a de-leveled zone causes it to be a green bonus again, and this time it applies properly. However if you change it in the zone it doesn’t show the change the stats (if they change…) until you enter another zone/log in/out.

(edited by Bellatrix.5402)

in Guardian

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

The traits Signet Mastery in the Radiance line and Supuerior Aria in the Honor lines sometimes do not appear selected, in the Mists at least.

Sometimes the Swiftness Boon on Symbol of Swiftness is not applied properly when you step through the symbol.

Enemy players can usually pass Line of Warding or Ring of Warding by dodging or just passing by without stability.

In rare occasions Orb of Light is shoot to a random direction instead of where the enemy actually is, this may be caused due to a bugged target assist. If, while in combat, you try to cast this skill without facing the enemy the skill does nothing and gets on CD for one second, the skill should be shot where you’re facing if you want a clutch heal for example.

I’ll update if I find more.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I tested the master inscription trait and it is working fine for me, adding like 18-20 of the corresponding stat,

That’s a pretty terse post but it did cause me to do some extensive testing of bane+wrath.
- When transitioning to a level 80 zone the green bonus goes away but the signet bonus is accounted for in the main stat (power). Trait bonus still doesn’t show as factored in.
- Transitioning to a de-leveled zone causes it to be a green bonus again, and this time it applies properly. However if you change it in the zone it doesn’t show the change the stats (if they change…) until you enter another zone/log in/out.

Thats interesting, I tested this at the mists.

Checked the base healing/condition damage/power.

• 963 healing stat on character panel without signet of mercy.

Equipped the signets and checked again, noticed they went up.

• Signet of mercy made the stat show as 1063 healing now.

Equipped the trait and they went up again

• Signet of mercy made the stat show as 1081 healing.

So maybe its just a pve type of bug rather than generalized?
Its possible, I remember one was unable to detonate shield of absortion in pve but pvp worked fine.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Sometimes the Swiftness Boon on Symbol of Swiftness is not applied properly when you step through the symbol.

Enemy players can usually pass Line of Warding or Ring of Warding by dodging or just passing by without stability.

In rare occasions Orb of Light is shoot to a random direction instead of where the enemy actually is, this may be caused due to a bugged target assist. If, while in combat, you try to cast this skill without facing the enemy the skill does nothing and gets on CD for one second, the skill should be shot where you’re facing if you want a clutch heal for example.

Yes actually i forgot to add that horrible symbol of swiftness bug to the list, its supper annoying, thank you for reminding me.

About the Orb of light thing im pretty sure its because its colliding with the terrain.
Ive used it a lot on pve and if you are somewhat aiming Towars the floor, like pretty much everybody does, the ball hits the ground really fast and you cant detonate it. you need to purposefully aim your camera way up to get the projectile fly more so you can detonate it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I just bought 2 Minor Runes of the Grove, to see if it was fixed, since you didn’t add it to the list, but turns out you missed my post? Same issue as Rune of the Earth if you’re lazy scrolling up.

As for Symbol of Swiftness, it ticks once when summoned then once per second.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

(edited by Qelris.6901)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I just bought 2 Minor Runes of the Grove, to see if it was fixed, since you didn’t add it to the list, but turns out you missed my post? Same issue as Rune of the Earth if you’re lazy scrolling up.

Added thank you

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

As for Symbol of Swiftness, it ticks once when summoned then once per second.

Yes on the tics, thats why it doesnt proc sometimes, you had to be super unlucky to pass through the entire symbol when it didnt tic. Its frustrating though and i miss the swiftness a lot while running around.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I did extensive testing on signet of mercy, i was able to rally players defeated while being targeted and not targeted at 800 range or so, so im pretty sure the signet is being subject of the prioritize buff bug at the end of the list, in which is attempting to resurrect whatever you have closer to you instead of a player in range that needs it.

ill try it by litterly standing on top of a person far from a defeated npc and see.
i wish the prioritize will be
targeted player>party member> regular player downed>regular player defeated>players pet>npc

it just seems really issued

My bad, it was supposed to be players Downed, not defeated, wrong word there ;p, I dont think it should ever resurrect somebody completely dead.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

That’s a pretty terse post but it did cause me to do some extensive testing of bane+wrath.
- When transitioning to a level 80 zone the green bonus goes away but the signet bonus is accounted for in the main stat (power). Trait bonus still doesn’t show as factored in.

Thats interesting, I tested this at the mists.

Checked the base healing/condition damage/power.

• 963 healing stat on character panel without signet of mercy.

Equipped the signets and checked again, noticed they went up.

• Signet of mercy made the stat show as 1063 healing now.

Equipped the trait and they went up again

• Signet of mercy made the stat show as 1081 healing.

So maybe its just a pve type of bug rather than generalized?
Its possible, I remember one was unable to detonate shield of absortion in pve but pvp worked fine.

Interesting, that could be the case. I didn’t test it out in mists (Going to be a bit before I can test it: there’s about a 1.5-3 hour queue on my server for it unfortunately). Even in the de-leveled zones you still have log or zone for it to update if you choose it.

Curious – is your real level 80? Maybe the upward level adjustment effects the behavior of it. I might make a new Guardian to test it….

EDIT: I also tested mercy in PvE – same behavior.

in Guardian

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

I did extensive testing on signet of mercy, i was able to rally players defeated while being targeted and not targeted at 800 range or so, so im pretty sure the signet is being subject of the prioritize buff bug at the end of the list, in which is attempting to resurrect whatever you have closer to you instead of a player in range that needs it.

ill try it by litterly standing on top of a person far from a defeated npc and see.
i wish the prioritize will be
targeted player>party member> regular player downed>regular player defeated>players pet>npc

it just seems really issued

My bad, it was supposed to be players Downed, not defeated, wrong word there ;p, I dont think it should ever resurrect somebody completely dead.

well then add this please that description needs to be edited to Rally a Downed ally if you can

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

correct im real level 80

in Guardian

Posted by: Dyranos.2406

Dyranos.2406

Apraxus, its not really a bugg but the flashing blade ability will only teleport you if you have a target selected, even if that target is real far away it will still teleport you, It would be better if it teleported you forwards regardless of if you have a target selected or not

in Guardian

Posted by: Blaine.1263

Blaine.1263

A minor issue, but Renewed Focus will not show a duration if you have the Elite Focus trait.

Blaine – Warrior – Greatsword & Longbow
Sir Byren – Guardian – Mace/Shield & Scepter/Focus
Zaldoras – Necromancer – Staff & Scepter/Dagger

(edited by Blaine.1263)

in Guardian

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

5% precision from toughness doesnt increase my crit rating when i select the trait, anyone else getting this?

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in Guardian

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

The trait Master of Consecrations does not increase the duration of Wall of Reflection (it does lower the cooldown though).

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Hammer swing symbol of protection doesn’t work sometime. I noticed this while doing events with a zerg. However, solo it always works.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Yes actually i forgot to add that horrible symbol of swiftness bug to the list, its supper annoying, thank you for reminding me.

About the Orb of light thing im pretty sure its because its colliding with the terrain.
Ive used it a lot on pve and if you are somewhat aiming Towars the floor, like pretty much everybody does, the ball hits the ground really fast and you cant detonate it. you need to purposefully aim your camera way up to get the projectile fly more so you can detonate it.

If you are IN combat, not facing the enemy and you cast Orb of Light to said enemy you have a target on, it gets automatically interrupted and not casted at all. Try it out in the mists.

Also concerning the random deselection of traits in the mists, it seems to be pretty random now, the trait Feiry Wrath also got deselected yesterday. I was asking myself why I felt significantly weaker when doing some PvP and it was becouse half of my traits were not selected.

Edit: I’ve found another one. This always happens but only while underwater. Right after the duration of Renewed Focus ends, you’re rooted in place unable to do anything for one or two seconds (while you recieve full damage from enemies). This is specially troublesome in Raid of the Capricorn sPvP map.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

If you are IN combat, not facing the enemy and you cast Orb of Light to said enemy you have a target on, it gets automatically interrupted and not casted at all. Try it out in the mists.

Also concerning the random deselection of traits in the mists, it seems to be pretty random now, the trait Feiry Wrath also got deselected yesterday. I was asking myself why I felt significantly weaker when doing some PvP and it was becouse half of my traits were not selected.

Edit: I’ve found another one. This always happens but only while underwater. Right after the duration of Renewed Focus ends, you’re rooted in place unable to do anything for one or two seconds (while you recieve full damage from enemies). This is specially troublesome in Raid of the Capricorn sPvP map.

Ok if you mean it will not cast anything while not facing your enemy then its the same behavior as the hammer snare, meaning that if im facing another direction when i end the animation and my enemy is behind me it wont cast anything. however i dont know if it is a bug or a bad mechanic or something. I can add an unsure section and add this so it gets looked at, however im pretty sure its just that some skills have facing requirement and others dont.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Hammer swing symbol of protection doesn’t work sometime. I noticed this while doing events with a zerg. However, solo it always works.

I tried this a lot and I was able to reproduce it, some of the times it would be cast UNDER me, like on places with several floors it would cast the symbol in a floor below ( easiest way to confirm is the Fort Trinity floating ship mission where you fight in a transparent floor, you can clearly see the symbol being formed under you.

About the zergs it happened with me too, its like there is some kind of hard cap on symbols or something because it would not appear if there were several symbols around me ( easiest to reproduce in the orr zerg)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

5% precision from toughness doesnt increase my crit rating when i select the trait, anyone else getting this?

Tested in the mists, it correctly gave a bonus precision

1010 precision vs 916 without the trait in my case.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Discovered a new bug that could be exploitable. If you cast a consecration like sanctuary, and immediatly select the consecrated ground the skill cooldown resets, so you can have sanctuary x2, wall of reflection x2 etc.

Basically the skills that can be targeted and the ones that cannot are different with their own cooldown, selecting the trait just lets you pick the other version.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Good. Here are the bugs I have found:

Protecter’s Strike (Guardian Mace 3) has a few problems:

2. Sometimes it doesn’t block at all. I have noticed this mainly against ranged and boss AoE attacks, and it seems to occur randomly. I have found one way to reproduce this: Start casting while the mobs are out of combat (didn’t see you). Move into aggro range, and all their attacks (melee and ranged) will hit you, ignoring the block.

Finally got this to work, thanks for the pm

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

The trait Master of Consecrations does not increase the duration of Wall of Reflection (it does lower the cooldown though).

Tried this in the mists and it did increase to duration to 12 seconds instead of 10, need moar testing

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

new bug, wrathful spirit gives a random time of retaliation, sometimes 8s, sometimes 30s, sometimes 1 minute.

in Guardian

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Might be a minor one, hard to check or already reported, but:

-Renewed Justice: randomly does not work, even when you get full credit for kill (loot-solo play).

I’m still looking foward for this cause doen’t seems to have a true pattern.

So far, seems that it does not work properly inside caves. But not always. Arkward.
(always solo play, so it’s always full credit of kill)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

added video that the size of your race DOES change the range on shield of absorption pushback and absorb, thanks to cadbury for making it.

in Guardian

Posted by: cinverd.4567

cinverd.4567

I’ve found that when I gain aegis from Virtue of Courage (every forty seconds), that I get it on my character for 9 hours, and then 19 hours, as opposed to 5 seconds. Not a major bug, but it does mean I can always walk into combat with aegis on my character.

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

I’ve found that when I gain aegis from Virtue of Courage (every forty seconds), that I get it on my character for 9 hours, and then 19 hours, as opposed to 5 seconds. Not a major bug, but it does mean I can always walk into combat with aegis on my character.

5 seconds aegis is if you active it, and it applies to nearby allies. As for passive, as far as I know, it’s supose to work that way.

Edit: Actually, it’S 20s when you use it.. I don’t know..

Oh yeah and I just remember. About Absolute Resolution(Virtue Master Major), a while ago, I’ve tried this trait and it doesn’t reflect the correct hp/s on Virtue of Resolve. If I remember correctly, I tested it scaled to level 31. Without trait, it was 40 hp/s, which was exactly what the Virtue was saying. However, with the trait, it was 50hp/s, which wasn’t what the Virtue was saying. I think the Virtue said above 100.

Edit again: Scaled to 32, without trait heals for 38 just like the description says. With trait, it’s 48, while the description says 86.

(edited by Qelris.6901)

in Guardian

Posted by: NegativeFusion.3712

NegativeFusion.3712

Merciful Intervention
Will not receive the cooldown reduction from the Meditation Mastery Trait.
Won’t display green numbers indicating the healing done.
May prioritize a minion, pet or npc instead of a player.

Tested this thouroughly…

The healing effect is a hit and miss. 9 times out of 10, if you are soloing, and there’s no ally around, it won’t teleport you, and it wont heal you. The other 1/10, it will teleport you to where you are standing (no movement), and heal you.

The other times when there is an ally nearby, if the ally is at FULL hP, same thing, it will not heal you (or ally).

if the ally is low on HP, again, probably 50-50% chance that the heal goes off, even though you are teleported.

Tested this over 100 times.

in Guardian

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

Check the following threads:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Get-2-effects-from-blocking-at-the-same-time

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Blocking-Blind-bug/first#post126115

The second one might affect all classes, I haven’t tested. But I have confirmed it on Guardian. The first one clearly affects more than one class (I have only tested 2), but it might be a good idea to list it here as well.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Ring of Warding and Line of Warding work on friendly NPCs with a set movement path, like the wandering NPCs in cities.

Line of Warding is affected by Symbol traits, such as extended duration.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Merciful Intervention

Tested this thouroughly…

The healing effect is a hit and miss. 9 times out of 10, if you are soloing, and there’s no ally around, it won’t teleport you, and it wont heal you. The other 1/10, it will teleport you to where you are standing (no movement), and heal you.

The other times when there is an ally nearby, if the ally is at FULL hP, same thing, it will not heal you (or ally).

if the ally is low on HP, again, probably 50-50% chance that the heal goes off, even though you are teleported.

Just a question about this skill

• Is it supposed to heal you if there is nobody to teleport to? the description says it will teleport to an ally and then create the healing area, if it doesn’t teleport anywhere because lack of target id presume it should not create the area either, ergo the guardian doesn’t get healed, think of flashing blade not teleporting you anywhere if no target is selected.

About the hit and miss, i tried it and saw the issue where it healed my target but not the guardian casting the spell, so it seems to be bugged in that regard.

I have not seen a case yet where the spell would fail to heal my target so i need to keep using it more.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloody Zac.8960

Bloody Zac.8960

Here’s something, although it might not be considered a bug:

When you use “Bane Signet” with a Greatsword equipped, your greatsword disappears, but your character looks like he’s holding an invisible one. Once the skill is cast, then your sword appears back in your hands. It’s obviously not a big deal, but it looks kinda weird.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Merciful Intervention

Tested this thouroughly…

added the buggy behaviour i observed to the list, thank you.

in Guardian

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Ring of Warding and Line of Warding work on friendly NPCs with a set movement path, like the wandering NPCs in cities.

Yeah, i’ve seen it in action when ppl to unbug some SP (orrian weapon in Straits, for example) use it on friendly NPC that get stuck and does not allow SP complection.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Guardian

Posted by: DirewolfX.5861

DirewolfX.5861

It’s been a few mini-patches since I tested and I don’t have the traits for it anymore, but Permeating Wrath wasn’t doing anything in PvE. It was just causing Virtue of Justice to activate normally instead of burning everyone around me on activation. I’ll see if I can test it in the mists some time.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Permeating wrath only works on the passive procs, im using it right now and working fine, if you activate the virtue it only burns the first thing you hit.

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

Permeating wrath only works on the passive procs, im using it right now and working fine, if you activate the virtue it only burns the first thing you hit.

Did you test Absolute Resolution(Resolve’s trait)? Description doesn’t reflect the correct hp/s when traited.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Did you test Absolute Resolution(Resolve’s trait)? Description doesn’t reflect the correct hp/s when traited.

well when i deactivate the trait my resolve says healing 154 it tics for 154, when i trait it it says 314 but it only heals 193, not sure if its a tooltip issue or a healing issue or wat.

adding it to the list eitherway

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

well when i deactivate the trait my resolve says healing 154 and when i activate is 313, and it removes the conditions well when i activate it so id say its working fine as well.

Talking about passive. So, your Resolve gives you 154 HP/s without the trait? 313 with the trait? Did you check if it really gives you 313? I’d assume it’d give you around 190 instead.

Just go find a mob and get hit a few times and notice how much it heals you for. Traited, description is wrong for me. I get 60 less HP/s as description says.

Traited
Description: 114
Actual hp gain: 59

and untraited..
Description: 47
Actual hp gain: 47

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

Can’t edit my post. The passive actual hp gain is 25% higher with the trait, or atleast according to my numbers and yours.

in Guardian

Y u mad its vydia.6324

I’d like to ask you guys as well to test Signet of Mercy. Today I was in TA with a friend, fighting Brangoire. While I was at very low HP and Poisoned, he used Signet of Mercy on me and I got a huge burst of healing (I got up to 70% of my downed HP bar) but was not revived.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

already added the description in the bug section indicating the wrong tooltips about resolve.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I’d like to ask you guys as well to test Signet of Mercy. Today I was in TA with a friend, fighting Brangoire. While I was at very low HP and Poisoned, he used Signet of Mercy on me and I got a huge burst of healing (I got up to 70% of my downed HP bar) but was not revived.

were you actually downed when he used it then? For the record im only adding bugs im able to reproduce without much time or bugs that people show how to reproduce so i can add an appropiate description, im not actually going all out recreating those weird situations.

in Guardian

Y u mad its vydia.6324

Yes. Sorry for the confusion. Also, he didn’t pre-cast while I was still alive. We were fighting the spiders, I was inside the poison clouds, downed.

PS: No offense, but because this thread is a sticky doesn’t make you the God of bugging. Add an “unsure” section to it if bugs “take too much time” to reproduce, this is THE thread people are using the report Guardian bugs. Me and many others spend time trying to reproduce bugs before bringing them here. This bug exists, it happened, and if you try to ressurect a player while he’s poisoned with Signet of Mercy when he’s very close to death you’ll see it happen too. This is something devs should see. I understand you don’t want to waste their time, but they do have a testing crew specifically for these things. Let’s not keep bugs hidden because they’re hard to reproduce.

(edited by Y u mad its vydia.6324)

in Guardian

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

I love the moderation inconsistency here, one day bug compilation are not allowed and closed and the next day it is sticked ?@*?!!-//

- Rune of Dwayna : The 20% regeneration increase doesn’t apply on Guardian shoot “Hold the Line”, it applies well on “symbol of faith” though.
- Honor Trait : Writ of the merciful => Not working at all (no heal on symbol of swiftness)
- Virtue trait : Vengeful (+25% retaliation) => Not working at all (no retaliation increase)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Yes. Sorry for the confusion. Also, he didn’t pre-cast while I was still alive. We were fighting the spiders, I was inside the poison clouds, downed.

PS: No offense, but because this thread is a sticky doesn’t make you the God of bugging. Add an “unsure” section to it if bugs “take too much time” to reproduce, this is THE thread people are using the report Guardian bugs. Me and many others spend time trying to reproduce bugs before bringing them here. This bug exists, it happened, and if you try to ressurect a player while he’s poisoned with Signet of Mercy when he’s very close to death you’ll see it happen too. This is something devs should see. I understand you don’t want to waste their time, but they do have a testing crew specifically for these things. Let’s not keep bugs hidden because they’re hard to reproduce.

I am not trying to be God of bugging, you mentioned “Me and many others spend time trying to reproduce bugs before bringing them here”, so you are able to confirm that signet of mercy may heal you without being downed while being poisoned because you saw it happen, correct?, that is a more appropriate description that i can add.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I love the moderation inconsistency here, one day bug compilation are not allowed and closed and the next day it is sticked ?@*?!!-//

- Virtue trait : Vengeful (+25% retaliation) => Not working at all (no retaliation increase)

I’ve been using this trait forever and it works correctly for me, is there a specific situation or skill in which it doesn’t work?