Guardian December Patch Preview

in Guardian

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

hammer trait needs buffing its weaksauce atm.
The CD is too long. Should make it get 10% more dmg for more sustain because right now hammer is more of a utility then a stand alone dps, sure you can auto atk things to death but the other 3 skills need to do dmg too. It has a good set up but it lacks dmg. Since it has a chill trait it should have more chill things.

Also since the warrior hammer 4 got buffed to be usable while moving can ring of warding get same treatment.

(edited by Mosharn.8357)

in Guardian

Posted by: Carlos.4371

Carlos.4371

I can agree that the Hammer needs some love on its trait, but first we need to talk about the main problem of the Hammer, which is its slow “attackflow”. If played on Crit, the Hammer actually can do good damage, but the DPS is determined alot by Symbol of Protection and it can only reach its potential if enemies stay inside for the full duration….something you can only enjoy in PvE. And even there, the generally slow speed is an issue.

• The 3rd autoattack hit should take 1,00 second instead of 1,25. It may look insignificant for some, but it would increase the overall hitting “flow”. Hitting will get more fluid, the faster loops will also notably increase the DPS.
  • Zealot’s Embrace should take 0,75 or even 0,5 seconds to be cast instead of 1,00. The Warrior’s Hammer Shock can cripple targets for 7 seconds, while having only a 0,5 second activation time and a 3 second shorter recharge time. Yes, immobilize may be stronger, but the overall “speedperformance” the Warrior’s Hammer outperfroms the Guardian’s Hammer . A faster activation time would do alot.
  • Banish is a special thing. I don’t want to talk about the general concept, just buffing speed/damage. My suggestion: Either a faster activation time or a significant damage increase, or even both. The current performance isn’t good, we need more outcome here.
  • Ring of Warding needs to be castable while moving. It would be an important change, locking you down destroys alot of movement (movement that is low anyways). Staff’s Line of Warding got that important change too, the Hammer needs it as well.

I think these changes would increase Hammer performance quite much. I left out Mighty Blow, it is great the way it is.

Another important point now is Traits. I will repeat myself of my post before, while also agreeing with you guys: Glacial Heart may be a fun concept, but with that recharge time it is a quite useless trait. All of the Guardians offensive weapons (excluding staff) have a trait to increase damage, I think the Hammer needs a trait going that direction as well. What I have in mind are various concepts. Glacial Heart gets renamed “Zealot’s Heart” and gets a new effect.

Version 1: A percentual chance to get a short fury duration on critical hammer hits
Version 2: +5% damage increase with +10% boon duration (Mace of Justice concept)
Version 3: 10% higher critical hit chance on Hammer

(edited by Carlos.4371)

in Guardian

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

Considering its the only other blade we have.. I’d really like to see Zealous Blade affect Sword as well as GS.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I was excited to see Jon post here. Thought we were finally going to have a good dialogue about guardian and what it is really like to play. Bit disappointed that our community is giving so much and hearing so little back.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Irsei.6802

Irsei.6802

I was excited to see Jon post here. Thought we were finally going to have a good dialogue about guardian and what it is really like to play. Bit disappointed that our community is giving so much and hearing so little back.

Dont worry he is talking… to other classes… look they gave us our moment to which they think it will keep us happy.

in Guardian

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

Yeah, I am extremely disappointed that there has been only 2 dev posts in this entire thread….one 9 days ago, and one 6 days ago. I love my guardian, but I am beginning to think that the devs don’t. Lots of posts in the Elemental, Necro, warrior, and thief threads in the last days…no love for guard.

Not much of a “discussion” going on when it is one-sided.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

How about change shield 4 to this:3 seconds of block. At the end of the block gain 1 second of protection to you and your party for every blocked attack (max 6 seconds of protection, 30 second cooldown).

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Is it just me that is happy with my damage using a sword focus build, I’m not gonna complain obviously but a 5% damage increase on sword isn’t exactly needed, Anet really need to rework the valor trait line :/

in Guardian

Posted by: Bizarro.2901

Bizarro.2901

The changes I think could help guard at the moment are;

Sword:
*Third strike on chain shouldn’t be projectile
*Skill #2 – Give chill on hit
*Skill #3 – Able to cast while moving

Shield:
*Skill #4 – Gives extra boon (regen), cd reduction or change protection for aegis
*Skill #5 – The heal when using the skill again should be changed for a second CC or chill to deal with foes that enter your bubble (A blast added to the second part would be swell)

in Guardian

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

As i said we tried to get heard since release without success, i don’t see this changing anytime soon.

They will do their pointless sword and dps update and put to trash all our feedback thanking us for the great and interesting discusion in this thread at the same time.

kitten this is really hopeless ….

in Guardian

Posted by: Ipkus.4590

Ipkus.4590

Glacial Heart. If this was a symbol with this effect it would be worth it. Can you look into this?

in Guardian

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Someone probably already mentioned it but I was thinking more about why I dislike the idea of Sword dominating our DPS if it were to get another 5%. I’m put off by the idea that if i want to do something, there will only be one optimal way to do it. I WANT to be able to have a competitive DPS build using a variety of weapons, not just one … and not just the one that has the least interesting interactions with the other Guardian tools and skills.

Please consider how more damage to the highest DPS weapon would further differentiate whatever build variety is left in PVE. There are plenty of good ideas to address Radiance Master Traits without focusing on a particular weapon to do so.

Sword will never challenge greatsword for burst or aoe. For this reason I think alternating between the two to make use of cooldowns will always be better than straight-up 1h sword damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

The change to sword damage from 5% to 10%. I’ve seen a lot of talk that maybe it is not really needed. The fact was this was a lackluster trait and this is a lackluster change to it. I would love to do the right thing here and have a change that MH sword wants rather than just 5% more damage.

Thoughts?

Jon

The flat increase in damage, while admittedly looks nice on paper, is rather uninteresting. I’d advocate a cool down reduction and like 3 second of 1 stack of might upon critical.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

5% damage + Zealous Blade can be used on the move.

5% damage + Zealous Blade applies Chilled 2s.

5% damage + Zealous Blade applies Crippled 2s.

Zealous Blade now grants 2s of Block while channeling

in Guardian

Posted by: process execution.8014

process execution.8014

I’d like to see Flashing Blade drop some kind of control symbol at its destination, that pulses Cripple, Chill or Torment. IMO sword should be a dueling weapon but it currently lacks a way to keep the pressure on the enemy.

why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

I’d like to see Flashing Blade drop some kind of control symbol at its destination, that pulses Cripple, Chill or Torment. IMO sword should be a dueling weapon but it currently lacks a way to keep the pressure on the enemy.

That’s guardian in general unfortunately

in Guardian

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

Ring of Warding now grants Stability while in the ring

Come on it is currently useless People can dodge out of it easily.
The only way it is viable is by using Judge’s Intervention.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Lets take a look at Guardian’s utility.

I’ll rank utility from the most used to the least used.

1. Shouts
2. Meditations
3. Consecrations
4. Spirit Weapons
5. Signets

Shouts are probably the most versatile and balanced utility guardians have. They benefit allies, they remove conditions when traited for them and they have relatively low cooldowns. Out of all the utilities these are the ones I see guardians use the most.

Meditations are probably the most second used utility. With the recent changes to them, they are more attractive. While they do not provide much group utility, they provide guardian with more offensive capabilities.

Consecrations are very odd, they are on very long cooldowns with the exception of purging flames and wall of reflection. The biggest issue with them is, that there is no stun breaker on consecrations. So this makes building a triple consecration build very hard, unless you take Indomitable Courage and Shielded Mind. Giving consecrations a dedicated stun breaker would potentially open up more builds.

Spirit weapons are among the weakest of guardian utilities. Not many people use them and for a good reason. You give up everything to use them only to be rewarded with them dying instantly to aoe. Traits are scattered among three different trait lines, forcing players to be pigeonholed into a build. There are too many traits for spirit weapons and they could do well being consolidated so that they are only in one tree.

The spirit weapons themselves are poorly designed. Extremely low hp, mobility, utility, damage. There is absolutely no reason to take these over shouts, meditations or consecrations aside from the sometimes used shield of avenger. Out of the four spirit weapons bow of truth is the worst one, it does nothing of value to assist the player. Its condition removal is slow, unreliable and its healing does not scale with healing power.

Spirit weapons cooldowns are much too long and the casting times are long as well. The durations are short. Which puts guardians into a awkward position, you either have to summon them before a fight which makes the duration shorter, or you can summon them in battle which makes you vulnerable to attacks.

Signets in my opinion are the worst of guardians utilities. How many players have you seen use a signet build? Probably not many. Aside from signet of judgement, the rest are sorely lacking. A condition damage signet when guardian doesn’t have a condition build? Bane signet is clunky due to the cast time. Signet of Mercy is absolutely horrible. And here is the most interesting part, the devs give a trait to remove conditions when you use signets.

Its short sighted design, remove one condition when you use signet of mercy? That takes 3 seconds to cast and has 2min+ cd. How is that worth it? With bane signet and signet of wrath you have to prematurely use them to remove CC. It makes no sense. The only signet that inscribed removal works well with is signet of judgement (and signet of resolve but its not utility) . Why? Its instant and its a defensive signet. Inscribed removal does not work well with offensive signets or signet of mercy due to its long cooldown and cast time.

To summarize, out of all of the available utility only 3/5 are commonly used. Jon says he wants to open up more possible builds. Perhaps if guardian had viable signets and spirit weapons then we would see more builds emerge. Signets need a overhaul, spirit weapons need the changes seen to ranger spirits. The cooldowns, casting time are too long, the survivability of them are too poor. There are just too many spirit weapon traits scattered through out the trait lines.

I believe by fixing the two utility types I named, it would open up a world of new possible guardian builds. If anyone wants to add or invalidate what I have said feel free. I’m open to all perspectives, negative or positive or those who agree and disagree.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

in Guardian

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Hammer:
Does nobody want´s to remove the light combofield from symbol of protection?
This weapon is losing much in teamplay. Retalation often is not so strong. And guardians can easy get it.
On the other side, Hammer 5 is a light combofield anyway…

If i want to heal an allie, i want a waterfield, if i want dmg, i want a fieryfield, if i want to protect an allie i want aether…
But light? Not rly, and not on an AA Chain!

Hammertrait need a buff true. But Glacial heart shouldn´t be “the dps” trait. Decrease chill duration to 1sec, but cooldown to 10 or 6 seconds. And Increase the dmg done by this trait a little bit.
To increase the weapons dps, Zealot´s Blades would be more interresting. Cause we could get a interessting trait in Zeal 10points+. And 10% dmg with symbol of protection as a grandmaster minor…
I think that would be better then 5% dmg on glacial heart (which wouln´t help in pvp, “burst+chill” is better here).

Ring of warden useable while moving is rly needed to. The hammer is a low movement weapon anyway.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

Glacial hearth should be a symbol wide trait. Add a new hammer trait, fix our symbols now.

Balance the one we have, add more and fix the traits. They are scattered all around with minimal effects.

And adding soft cc to the sword trait would not be a good thing. We do need soft cc but we need it on almost all our weapons, setting it to one weapon would only force more Guard to use that weapon rather than add diversity.

Do like the bleed on sword but i am not sure the dev team want that.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in Guardian

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Just noticed how far down the list this thread has fallen. I suppose it could be due to the lack of input by the devs, everyone seems to have given up interest in it. No 2 way discussion, no replies, just silence since the last post by Jon 9 days ago. Sad.

Theftwind (HoD)

in Guardian

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

could it be because our fire damage deal to low damage?

i would also love if anet fix boon duration, they vanish too quickly and cooldown took half minute, but condition can stack so easily.

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

Just noticed how far down the list this thread has fallen. I suppose it could be due to the lack of input by the devs, everyone seems to have given up interest in it. No 2 way discussion, no replies, just silence since the last post by Jon 9 days ago. Sad.

even though they’re not responding we assume they’re still reading and taking input.

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Agreed. I have been looking at other classes’ threads. Guardian’s forum are by far neglected by devs the most judging by the number of their inputs. Can we get some voices here?

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Shield

• Shield of Judgement: In addition to providing protection, it now provides aegis for 5 allies in front of BEHIND you.

Fixed it for you.

Agreed. I have been looking at other classes’ threads. Guardian’s forum are by far neglected by devs the most judging by the number of their inputs. Can we get some voices here?

I think there is a supposition that the Guardian is done. Completed. Finished. Perfect.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in Guardian

Posted by: DragonHarlock.8274

DragonHarlock.8274

Hammer:
This weapon is losing much in teamplay. Retalation often is not so strong. And guardians can easy get it.

If i want to heal an allie, i want a waterfield, if i want dmg, i want a fieryfield, if i want to protect an allie i want aether…

For me personally I look at that light field not as a retaliation buff provider but as a free cleanse every time a friendly projectile passes your way. Cleansing combo field plus protection on auto-attack. Can’t see anything bad about it. Also hammer and mace attack times are exactly the same for the full chain, the timing is just portioned out differently for the 3 attack segments for each weapon. The 1 1/4 second cast time for hammer auto third strike is quite warranted because it’s a symbol that provides AoE protection with a light field symbol, which you can also trait to do other things like give out small heals or dish out vulnerability. You have to look past damage and blast finishers.

in Guardian

Svarty.8019

Hammer:

You have to look past damage and blast finishers.

The fact that we have to make an effort to “look past” them illustrates some of the problems GW2 faces when it comes to combos.

Combos need a polish pass, and I don’t mean a Polish Passport.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

DragonHarlock.8274

Hammer:

The fact that we have to make an effort to “look past” them illustrates some of the problems GW2 faces when it comes to combos.

The reason I say “look past” is because many, many people are just concerned about upping damage to as high as possible and can’t seem to look past only that. They would only care for fire fields for those might stacks and not care about light fields because when they go smashy smashy with them with a hammer, they only get retaliation… I mean who needs condition cleansing projectiles anyway especially in the condition heavy meta we find ourselves in WvW or even the Nightmare Tower? To me that’s not an issue with the combo fields. That’s a player issue.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I really wish they reduce the cast of symbol of protection to 1 sec. I don’t think it will become too powerful, even with traits related. Also the same for the last hit of mace #1 to 3/4 sec and #2 to 1 sec or even 3/4 sec.

That’s why I give up the class. There are so many “broken” things and they only keep their dream of the perfect class. I’m playing Warrior and Necro now, they are a lot more fun and more flexible, also there are no insane cooldowns.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

Tons of great ideas have been expressed, can we get an update from the devs on what they’re currently thinking now after the feedback?

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Tons of great ideas have been expressed, can we get an update from the devs on what they’re currently thinking now after the feedback?

Sure. As soon as we have built a colony on Mars

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Hammer:

The reason I say “look past” is because many, many people are just concerned about upping damage to as high as possible and can’t seem to look past only that. They would only care for fire fields for those might stacks and not care about light fields because when they go smashy smashy with them with a hammer, they only get retaliation… I mean who needs condition cleansing projectiles anyway especially in the condition heavy meta we find ourselves in WvW or even the Nightmare Tower? To me that’s not an issue with the combo fields. That’s a player issue.

Fire fields aren’t the only combo fields of value. I’d take anything over a light field. Water, ice, ethereal, and yeah….fire fits us since that is our only actual damaging condition. Light fields are pretty terrible compared to those. When I am using a blast finisher….I wouldn’t waste it on a light field. I hold my finisher until I see one of the above mentioned combo fields. If I want condi cleansing, I have plenty of other options already in my utilities and traits. I’m just saying, that light fields need to be much better than they currently are…especially since we have zero projectile finishers on any of our weapons and have to equip a GS/mace/hammer to have a whirl/leap finisher. I really think retaliation needs to be removed as a combo field/finisher effect. It has been “balanced” out of viability. It just doesn’t compare to alternatives and I highly doubt that will ever change.

This discussion, however, ignores the lack of combo fields/finishers on sword, scepter, focus, and torch.

(edited by ODB.6891)

in Guardian

DragonHarlock.8274

Hammer:

Fire fields aren’t the only combo fields of value. I’d take anything over a light field. Water, ice, ethereal, and yeah….fire fits us since that is our only actual damaging condition. Light fields are pretty terrible compared to those. When I am using a blast finisher….I wouldn’t waste it on a light field. I hold my finisher until I see one of the above mentioned combo fields. If I want condi cleansing, I have plenty of other options already in my utilities and traits. I’m just saying, that light fields need to be much better than they currently are…especially since we have zero projectile finishers on any of our weapons and have to equip a GS/mace/hammer to have a whirl/leap finisher. I really think retaliation needs to be removed as a combo field/finisher effect. It has been “balanced” out of viability. It just doesn’t compare to alternatives and I highly doubt that will ever change.

This discussion, however, ignores the lack of combo fields/finishers on sword, scepter, focus, and torch.

Yeah the blast finisher retaliation is very lackluster and I would love it if it was replaced by something of better value. But the free condi removal through any friendly projectiles is nice though. With it you don’t have to rely on traits and utilities that focus on them primarily and can take other traits that might better suit your play style. This is why I would not want light fields replaced for the protection symbol with something like water fields, fire, ethereal, etc., but yes I would like a change for the light field blast finisher.

in Guardian

Svarty.8019

Please, Arenanet. One take-away I want to express in the most strenuous terms… Guardian is not finished. It’s not done, complete, perfect. It does need work.

One handed weapons, for example, need a look. They just can’t stand up to the two-handed counterparts – take a look at Shields. Shield is something that should, thematically, be a staple of the class. The shield is awful to play with, though! No wonder the Flameseeker Prophecies legendary is foregone in favour of the two handed swords, hammer and staff.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Give us a trait that allow Spirit Weapons to stay up as permanent minions
while increasing their health by 100% and improving their effects in some way with an additional passive ability on them like the following:

*Spirit Sword – grants might and fury to random allies every few seconds.

*Spirit Hammer – attacks have a chance to cause Torment and Confusion.

*Spirit Shield – has chance to cast Symbol of Judgment at your location.

*Spirit Bow – has a chance to remove boons from enemy and apply them to a ally. also has a chance to move conditions from ally and place them on enemy.

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I’m not sure whether increasing their health by 100% would be enough even. But yeah, they surely need some big buffs since even the mods on these forums seem to have recognized how utterly useless spirit weapons are

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Hammer:

Hammertrait need a buff true. But Glacial heart shouldn´t be “the dps” trait. Decrease chill duration to 1sec, but cooldown to 10 or 6 seconds. And Increase the dmg done by this trait a little bit.
To increase the weapons dps, Zealot´s Blades would be more interresting. Cause we could get a interessting trait in Zeal 10points+. And 10% dmg with symbol of protection as a grandmaster minor…
I think that would be better then 5% dmg on glacial heart (which wouln´t help in pvp, “burst+chill” is better here).

Ring of warden useable while moving is rly needed to. The hammer is a low movement weapon anyway.

I am totally disagree with removing light combo field for hammer.
Retaliation is extremely strong my young padawan , just attack ranger’s pet forming combo retaliation and see how fast Bow Ranger hp drop. Their HP drop at least by 1/5.

IMHO, Water field on Hammer chain would be too OP. Ever wonder why water field time period last the shortest? Only Ranger’s have that privilege a.k.a Healing Spring.
So you want to combo heal while having protection all the time? Fair? Sure not.

Hammer Protection Symbol is one of the strongest signature move for guardian, changing it means nerfing it. While the only changes i would love to see is to reduce their chain combo. Merging Write of Persistence and Writ of Exaltation.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)

in Guardian

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

Can we please make guardian blind stack? All conditions dished out are stacked. Since we are probably the only class that deal the most blinds and our “live saver” at times. I rather deal 1-10 second of blind compared to 10 seconds of “first attack will miss”

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Can we please make guardian blind stack? All conditions dished out are stacked. Since we are probably the only class that deal the most blinds and our “live saver” at times. I rather deal 1-10 second of blind compared to 10 seconds of “first attack will miss”

No because that would be ridiculous. Thieves would never be hit, and it makes it 10x harder for melee to hit anything.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

No because that would be ridiculous. Thieves would never be hit, and it makes it 10x harder for melee to hit anything.

I don’t see any issues with that, perma stealth vs short blind. 10 seconds is probably too long, but if they are talking about immobilize stack. That’s already OP as it is with 5 stacks. Reducing stacks doesn’t fix anything, 3 stacks is 3 seconds which is still plenty of time for a spike. So don’t see the issue of blinding for 3-5 seconds since half our skills are already on long CD.

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I don’t see any issues with that, perma stealth vs short blind. 10 seconds is probably too long, but if they are talking about immobilize stack. That’s already OP as it is with 5 stacks. Reducing stacks doesn’t fix anything, 3 stacks is 3 seconds which is still plenty of time for a spike. So don’t see the issue of blinding for 3-5 seconds since half our skills are already on long CD.

Perma stealth is being done with on the 10th, and D/P thieves would have a field day by blind tanking everyone, with pistol 5. The blinds are fine just the way you are. Before you could just take off blind by striking air. Now you actually have to connect to do away with the blind. It’s also very rewarding when you use it at the right times. Immoblize spam is pretty meh, doesn’t worry me to much only in group settings when you’re being chased down is when it gets annoying.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in Guardian

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

or change how blind works like other game, make blind condition last like poison etc, but have 20% chance to miss their attack while the duration last.

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

I am totally disagree with removing light combo field for hammer.
Retaliation is extremely strong my young padawan , just attack ranger’s pet forming combo retaliation and see how fast Bow Ranger hp drop. Their HP drop at least by 1/5.

IMHO, Water field on Hammer chain would be too OP. Ever wonder why water field time period last the shortest? Only Ranger’s have that privilege a.k.a Healing Spring.
So you want to combo heal while having protection all the time? Fair? Sure not.

Hammer Protection Symbol is one of the strongest signature move for guardian, changing it means nerfing it. While the only changes i would love to see is to reduce their chain combo. Merging Write of Persistence and Writ of Exaltation.

1. Never talked about waterfield on AA chain.
2. Never talked about removing the symbol of protecion (only the light field)
3. Reatalation strong vs bow rangers? Oh well, and bow rangers are strong vs what?
Rabbits?
Nerf Bowrangers! Buff rabbits!
4. Uncontrollable combofield´s are epic fail, it doesn´t matter which field even water or fire are fail on a Chain.

So stop dreamwalking guys. Get the facts.

1. Hammer has got 2 Light fields (1 and 5)
2. Hammers has got only 1 finisher (explosion)
3. Guardians have not much finishers, a whirl, a projectile. Spread over a few weapons.
4. That means, in 99.999% of all situations, reatalation will be only benefit from Hammer AA Chain. Yes even condition remove is useable by whirl only. Cause a lot other combofield are bigger, and the first field hit, will trigger the effekt.

Even if only 1 have a lightfield, the only 1 who will get a benefit from this field will be u. And only u. And the Hammer is a defensive/CC weapon. There is no sence to make this symbol a stupid teamplaykilling lightfield.

Especially if we guardians have.

1. We can easy get retalation
2. We have a lot of other light fields
3. We have a lot of condition remove

Why by hell does any1 want this Lightfield on a AA Chain?

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Move symbol of protection to mighty blow. So when you apply mighty blow you trigger the combofield that is already placed and plants SoP. Adjust cool down.

Keep the aoe on the third step of the chain but reduce the swing time on the third hit and adjust dps accordingly. Keeping dps intact on the hammer chain. Untraited 3 svings per mb and traited 2 svings per mb for max dps.

This would solve the issues with covering combifields but more important it would make it so 2h mastery actually increases dps on the hammer, mighty blow would be a part of the dps chain.

Problem solved.

Make it possible to move while dropping ring of warding and make it a fire field.

Make zealots embrace a projectile finisher and buff damage so it has a place in a dps rotation.

Buff damage on banish so if fits into a dps rotation.

Now the utter boredom of using hammer in pve would be turned into something fun.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Glacial heart. Increase sving speed on the third step of the mace and hammer chain and increase damage with 5%.

Nice!

in Guardian

Aza.2105

Move symbol of protection to mighty blow. So when you apply mighty blow you trigger the combofield that is already placed and plants SoP. Adjust cool down.

Keep the aoe on the third step of the chain but reduce the swing time on the third hit and adjust dps accordingly. Keeping dps intact on the hammer chain. Untraited 3 svings per mb and traited 2 svings per mb for max dps.

This would solve the issues with covering combifields but more important it would make it so 2h mastery actually increases dps on the hammer, mighty blow would be a part of the dps chain.

Problem solved.

Make it possible to move while dropping ring of warding and make it a fire field.

Make zealots embrace a projectile finisher and buff damage so it has a place in a dps rotation.

Buff damage on banish so if fits into a dps rotation.

Now the utter boredom of using hammer in pve would be turned into something fun.

Increasing MB cooldown would be a severe nerf to pvp.

Windows 10

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

yepp, and decreasing the swing time with aoe on the third step on the chain would be a huge buff.

in Guardian

Aza.2105

yepp, and decreasing the swing time with aoe on the third step on the chain would be a huge buff.

I wouldn’t like that change at all. I feel there is just too much auto attack spamming in the game already. Unless your idea lowers the cds of #3, #4 and #5.

I want to make it clear, that I’m not disagreeing with you on hammer being boring.

Windows 10

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

The above would make all skills usuable as dps tools in both pve and pvp. Reducing the spam.

And frankly hammer in wvw and pvp is the least “chain reliant” weapon we have. And ofc if 3-5 could be used in a dps rotation it would also contribute to a less spammy gameplay.

I wouldnt mind it it also was combined with shorter cd, our weaponskills has absurd cds tbh.

Edit, the damage of mb should be increased in line with the increased cd and the damage from SoP added. So its a boost to our burst and aoe capability. With increased i mean perhaps 1sec, just so 2 h mastery contributes with added dps when traited.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Aza.2105

The above would make all skills usuable as dps tools in both pve and pvp. Reducing the spam.

And frankly hammer in wvw and pvp is the least “chain reliant” weapon we have. And ofc if 3-5 could be used in a dps rotation it would also contribute to a less spammy gameplay.

I wouldnt mind it it also was combined with shorter cd, our weaponskills has absurd cds tbh.

Edit, the damage of mb should be increased in line with the increased cd and the damage from SoP added. So its a boost to our burst and aoe capability. With increased i mean perhaps 1sec, just so 2 h mastery contributes with added dps when traited.

I see I see.

Makes sense.

Windows 10