Guardian December Patch Preview

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

The change to sword damage from 5% to 10%. I’ve seen a lot of talk that maybe it is not really needed. The fact was this was a lackluster trait and this is a lackluster change to it. I would love to do the right thing here and have a change that MH sword wants rather than just 5% more damage.

Thoughts?

Jon

the Guardian Community was waiting to hear back from you guys about 3 to 4 pages ago. Maybe get a dialogue of some kind going? Nothing was really changed that I see from over a month ago so I question the point of this and future threads like it.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Guardian

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Hey guys be nice to the guy! He left the other profession forums for 1 second to post for us. I can’t believe he took time out of his busy day to grace the lowly useless guardians with his presence. You should really count yourselves lucky that he bothered at all.

Besides he posted once! That to Anet is a discussion.

cough sarcasm cough

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

This patch is unacceptably lazy and did not take on board one bit of feedback. GJ devs at improving nothing.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That was awful. Basically they just went with whatever they were going to do anyways.

I don’t feel like carrying staff anymore. Waste of time beyond pressing 4 boonbotting it. Honestly, getting a swiftness buff by having to stand in it? lol. Sorry guys, no more on demand might for you.

Oh, and thanks for the boost to Kindled Zeal because having the most easily overwritten condition is going to do anything and Searing Flames will go on cooldown even when the enemy doesn’t have a boon?

Trash patch.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

./golfclap

Poor Form: You should be ashamed.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

dear Jon and ANet Devs.. i think when you came here and started this thread and SPECIFICALLY asked for feedback, the Guardian community had more than a glimmer of hope. many Guards, vet and new alike, came in here, pouring their heart out, working their brains and really trying to give back to the Guardian community by reaching out to the devs reaching out to us… yet. the changes we see today are more or less the same as the first post of this thread.

perhaps next time you could specify a bit more clearly if the suggestions you were looking for may not make it in this patch, depending on development and research windows or what not, but you wanted to get a conversation going. OR if you had planned to take into account what players were thinking, then the conversation might have been more beneficial if it was started MONTHS ago, so that you could feasibly fit it into the development and implementation window.

Seeing as how things turned out? And i am speaknig in general of what i’ve read on the forums so far… is that either the suggestions from your deidcated player base just weren’t good enough (many many MANY ideas were truly superb i must add) or you just didn’t have time to test and implement them, and many many actually just feel the class is one that the devs don’t care about or want to spend time on.

For me, personally, what hit the hardest was that the changes were exactly the same. when we were given hope that perhaps the Guardianc ommunity DOES in fact, have a voice. Perhaps i shouldn’t have had false hope? I am to blame? I was just so glad to see the enthusiasm from my fellow Guards on the forums. but only to be “shot down” like this.

Please let me know if I took anything out of context. We would, still, love to hear from you guys regarding the conclusion of this big balance patch.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by akamon.2769)

in Guardian

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Well said Akamon. I am looking forward to a reply or to watch this thread die in a few days.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Then we shouldn’t let it die.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

It’s the holidays so it will die on its own.

Roll in some Kansas….dust in the wind.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

what about crickets?

or cacawing crows from the East. ; ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

Welcome to Guard, we are designed to be boon bots and nothing else. Sadly the dev team do nothing to contribute to our diversity, and when they do it is only to nerf the crap out of us. Recently i have been happy when i manage to kill a critter for if he does not out run me, they ussualy dps the crap out of me. And my so called superior health regen we have instead of high health ussualy Protect me from a half bleed stack.

If only i could play a melee class with more health, more cc, more health regen, more burst healing. And be capable to remove 3 condition each 10 sec while also getting stability every now and then when someone cc me.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in Guardian

Posted by: Axxo.7430

Axxo.7430

Devs, can we have an additional shout while casting “Symbol of Swiftness”…. ?

Like “PLEASE WAIT UP”

Axxo “The Hex Guardian” – SoS

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

Shout “Please Wait Up”

Recharge: 60

Allies are crippled for 5 seconds when Crippled ends Allies gain Fury for 20 seconds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kyle.3856

Kyle.3856

The thing that really got to me with this whole thing was the below quote:

Shattered Aegis
As soon as I get in on Monday, I’ll post the damage #s on this and the power scaling. I think a meaning ful discussion about this change is going to require that.

We never got the numbers for the skill until the patch was delivered and he even said that we could not have a meaningful discussion without them.

I generally like to give the benefit of the doubt for these types of things but it really does seem like they were just trying to pacify us with a few minor buffs. I mean… the buff I was looking forward to the most was the 5% damage boost to 1h sword which the devs themselves said was lacking.

If they would have just popped in every now and then and said “Hey, we like this idea and are considering it” or “No, I don’t think that would work” or just some acknowledgement that they are reading it would have been nice. At this point, it seems like our feedback/effort is just being ignored.

If we aren’t being ignored, I would like to know what the devs roadmap for the class is. What specific issues do the devs see with guards right now? What concerns do the devs have with making changes to fix said issues? And (I don’t see them providing this but…) potential changes that are being looked into.

Kyne
Free of Fate
Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Amins.3710

The thing that really got to me with this whole thing was the below quote:

Shattered Aegis
As soon as I get in on Monday, I’ll post the damage #s on this and the power scaling. I think a meaning ful discussion about this change is going to require that.

We never got the numbers for the skill until the patch was delivered and he even said that we could not have a meaningful discussion without them.

I generally like to give the benefit of the doubt for these types of things but it really does seem like they were just trying to pacify us with a few minor buffs. I mean… the buff I was looking forward to the most was the 5% damage boost to 1h sword which the devs themselves said was lacking.

If they would have just popped in every now and then and said “Hey, we like this idea and are considering it” or “No, I don’t think that would work” or just some acknowledgement that they are reading it would have been nice. At this point, it seems like our feedback/effort is just being ignored.

If we aren’t being ignored, I would like to know what the devs roadmap for the class is. What specific issues do the devs see with guards right now? What concerns do the devs have with making changes to fix said issues? And (I don’t see them providing this but…) potential changes that are being looked into.

Careful Kyle, they’ll ban you just for speaking his name.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Kyle.3856

Kyle.3856

snip

I hope that’s sarcasm :O

Anyway, I don’t think its too much to ask for the reasons why the devs believe that “dps guard is lacking”. They’ve said it more than once in live streams and on the forums but specifics are always left out.

Another thing we should probably get a discussion on is the eventual nerf to Vigorous Precision. They already said they were looking at changing it but this would heavily impact our class and I think there should be some major discussion on it.

Kyne
Free of Fate
Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

snip

Anyway, I don’t think its too much to ask for the reasons why the devs believe that “dps guard is lacking”. They’ve said it more than once in live streams and on the forums but specifics are always left out.

Another thing we should probably get a discussion on is the eventual nerf to Vigorous Precision. They already said they were looking at changing it but this would heavily impact our class and I think there should be some major discussion on it.

I doubt it is sarcasm They do warn and ban hence my earlier in the thread post about it.

What I find funny although not so much in this thread is that maybe part of the problem is the community? I’ve been reading some of the various threads, posting in some, and every time it seems the general reply is that we are a support hybrid that can do a bit of DPS but that is it.

So if you want to play a DPS class, then re-roll. Oh, every once in a while I’ll get the good O’l L2P!

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

snip

I doubt it is sarcasm They do warn and ban hence my earlier in the thread post about it.

What I find funny although not so much in this thread is that maybe part of the problem is the community? I’ve been reading some of the various threads, posting in some, and every time it seems the general reply is that we are a support hybrid that can do a bit of DPS but that is it.

So if you want to play a DPS class, then re-roll. Oh, every once in a while I’ll get the good O’l L2P!

My problem with these forums is that the devs haven’t told us what they want Guardians to be…or given us any updates on where they think the class is. The severe lack of communication is ridiculous.

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

It is sad that we still haven’t heard anything. Not even a single chime in.

vT

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Forum users are the minority – not to be taken seriously.

So its been said, so it is believed.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Why can’t this thread just die! :/

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Let my post be the final one. Anet don’t look at this thread anyways.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Agreed, your post will be the final one…wait…DOH!

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

I dunno if we should let this die. I feel like to Stand Your Ground…

Dunno why I feel like that…

vT

in Guardian

Amins.3710

I dunno if we should let this die. I feel like to Stand Your Ground…

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Lol this thread is so getting shut down…when the guy responsible for checking the guardian forums once a month gets back from vacation that is… game on!

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

Why can’t this thread just die! :/

Well this thread is in the Guardian forum so maybe its running some kind of bunker spec

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

I’ve been off Guild Wars for a while (few months) and I came back due to being bored during the festive season.

I am glad to see nothing has changed since I left apart from that weird healing skill which I will proceed to ignore like I do with healing breeze.

On a side note a did Guild Rush while drunk yesterday and I have never been more lost in my entire life. Hope you all had a Merry Xmas!

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

You know how they are removing the WWW match-up forums? I heard they might remove the the Guardian forums since we are fine and Anet is happy with us. Probably why Devs have stopped posting here and do not discuss things with the Guardian community.

vT

in Guardian

Amins.3710

I hear it’s because we have Stability.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

Yep, group wide stability for 5 second every 30 sec has given us the disadvantage to have “Less ranged weapons, less health, less soft CC, less hard CC and a utility line that is complete garbage”.

Acctualy, this basicly sum up the whole Guardian class. And they told us we would have diversity, ha. Yeah i guess if you are not a Guardian.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in Guardian

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Yes we have stability and since SoS change no mobility so i suppose they made guardian what they wanted it to be…..Stable immobile guard. So no more discusion needed we have our role :-D

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

snip

My problem with these forums is that the devs haven’t told us what they want Guardians to be…or given us any updates on where they think the class is. The severe lack of communication is ridiculous.

I know this post is old, but haven’t the devs said they want Guardians to be in a good support role? They even changed the description of the wiki to force it.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

I know this post is old, but haven’t the devs said they want Guardians to be in a good support role? They even changed the description of the wiki to force it.

The problem is that the game was sold has a play anyway you want. Not if you want to play DPS roll every other class except the Guardian. Oh, and if you want to play support, then the Guardian is for you.

One of the major flaws with this game in that the bill of sale was play whatever you wanted but in reality over time you end up pigeon holed into something you didn’t sign up for. To make matters worse the game doesn’t offer traditional class roles such has DPS, Healer, Tank, or Hybrid. At least those are known before you hit enter key after creation.

So class balance is borked but you try and deal with that only to find the game meta you play is also fubar. WvW is so far out of whack with server match ups it is actually game breaking. And the new Mist map isn’t going to help anything due to its size and clear lack of objectives. Much like the ruins today.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

The problem is that the game was sold has a play anyway you want. Not if you want to play DPS roll every other class except the Guardian. Oh, and if you want to play support, then the Guardian is for you.

One of the major flaws with this game in that the bill of sale was play whatever you wanted but in reality over time you end up pigeon holed into something you didn’t sign up for. To make matters worse the game doesn’t offer traditional class roles such has DPS, Healer, Tank, or Hybrid. At least those are known before you hit enter key after creation.

So class balance is borked but you try and deal with that only to find the game meta you play is also fubar. WvW is so far out of whack with server match ups it is actually game breaking. And the new Mist map isn’t going to help anything due to its size and clear lack of objectives. Much like the ruins today.

Yeah that’s true. I was actually very disappointed when I read that and then saw the wiki change.

I haven’t been keeping up with the development of the Mist map. Is it growing in size?

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Yeah that’s true. I was actually very disappointed when I read that and then saw the wiki change.

I haven’t been keeping up with the development of the Mist map. Is it growing in size?

It’s large. Looks nice so it is alluring or aesthetically pleasing if you will. But did I say it was large? Now to be fair and take off my bias hat it was beta and open during the holiday in late December which “I” played, so maybe a large map with that time of year means less people playing if you catch my meaning. But lots of running it seemed and I didn’t have any boots of speed, so, well, not much fun.

The map is a punters paradise. If your class can punt, knock back, or has a weapon that pushes you will be in MECA. There are so many points that one can wreck havoc and I’m sure I didn’t find them all. I’ve punted via hammer banish or shield 5 my fair share with a few partied up just to tell me how nice I was to them – lol.

Champs are tethered or chained in place with minimal travel distance so that seems really odd. It allows some form of PvE inside the map that give something although what I’m still not sure. I’ve taken a few out and many more took me out. Some hit like a MAC truck.

Few bridges broke but you can still navigate around the place with ease or so it would seem. Major draw back to me was lack of people so I had no real sense of flow, rhyme or reason to move from point A to point B. Furthermore, I couldn’t find a incentive to party up and wreck things. Not Arena Net’s fault in my opinion because it could be a learning thing or lack of people on the field when I played.

Personally, if it was me I would:
1. Untether the champions and allow people to collect bread crumbs and lure them to other places. Helps beat down doors, walls, etc.

2. I’d pull in the overall size of the map a bit and force travel though points of control. This way a team can bunker down, lay some siege, and control a point. Kick off a timer and aware WEXP for the duration they hold it. Can’t cross to get to other point should mean something. Destroy a bridge should mean something. It is all about restricting the other team from moving forward and to do that you must prevent entry.

3. Related to #1 above but since this is a mist map or floating if you will, put mechanism so that if a server controls 3 major points of interest then Tequatl will spawn and a major PVE event spawns. Or, if we don’t want one side to get it then Tequatl will do a air drop on a selected server. Or, let us flip this a bit and if the server spread is such a huge difference in regards to points between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Tequatl will spawn and wreck havoc against the opposing side thus helping you by destroying access routes, towers, and other things such has players…

Again, has with most things in GW2 it is a aesthetically pleasing place for a bit. But without seeing more people or how it should flow it seems lack luster

in Guardian

Amins.3710

So disheartening.

It’s why GW2 will fail once the new games come out.

They’ve done ~nothing~ to want to keep me here…. Community is a very big thing and it’s something Anet really doesn’t understand… it’s what kept us paying for DAOC for 10 years even though we stopped playing… because we believed in the people who were creating the content.

I could care less about the dev team, because the dev team has given me no reason to care.

Very poor customer support / interaction.

If you say you’re going to do something, you bloody well better do it

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

I could care less about the dev team, because the dev team has given me no reason to care.

It’s ’couldn’t’. You ’couldn’t care less."

in Guardian

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

if Guardians are so bad off why do I always see pretty much the same number of guardians compared to Warriors? Maybe even more Guardians. Also every class forum is the same way “QQ our class sucks A-net ignores us” So if every class sucks isnt that balance?

(edited by Dabrixmgp.4758)

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

You messed up your quotations in your forum grammar correcting, Mr. Grammar Police.

/facepalm

in Guardian

Amins.3710

You messed up your quotations in your forum grammar correcting, Mr. Grammar Police.

/facepalm

How embarASSing….

Poor Attic.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I could care more.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Guardian

Amins.3710

couldn’t agree more.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

couldn’t agree more.

I could agree less. ;-P

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

I could agree more, but instead I will agree more…?!?

How about you Mr. Anet Dev? Would you agree more? Couldn’t agree more? Couldn’t agree less? Could agree? Could not agree? Agree to disagree? Maybe respond to a thread you said you were going to respond to? Hello? Mic check… 1… 2…. 3

vT

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

hmm well, it’s funny when I saw this new thread I immediately thought of the old here on the guardian forum.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Hate-to-post-and-run/first#post3482493

I think we will be waiting for a very long time, so keep on thinking since we were asked to share our thoughts.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I could agree more, but instead I will agree more…?!?

How about you Mr. Anet Dev? Would you agree more? Couldn’t agree more? Couldn’t agree less? Could agree? Could not agree? Agree to disagree? Maybe respond to a thread you said you were going to respond to? Hello? Mic check… 1… 2…. 3

/hearscricketschirping

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

I only play WvW. Match ups are currently broke and the same old fight is getting old.

December patch was a bust. This thread is a bust without any post patch feedback or comments has to why they did or didn’t do.

I’m not into dress up Barbie.

I didn’t do all the “things to do when reaching 80” post, but still had fun. I don’t know.

So, for me. Unless something magical happens my time is winding down while I find different things to do. The good news is GW2 has no monthly fee and supposedly I will be the same (character that is) has I am today if I was to ever return.

Not saying I’m 100% done, but for what I do in game I think it is slowing. There isn’t that urge or addiction to the friction if you will to compel me to login has much. To bad because the game had potential

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

^^ That is a healthy attitude and the business people at Anet aren’t fools … it’s probably part of their business model to the game that influences the decision to not have a monthly fee.

The great thing about Anet’s approach is that even though some vitriolic-spewing people are adamant that they don’t’ care about the game, this couldn’t be farther from the truth. With a F2P, gemshop business model, they have to care more and more often because they don’t trap players with subscription fees. They need lots of people to play and FREELY spend their RL money. You don’t do that by introducing things …. and then not caring if they are good.

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

One thing they have going for them right now is lack of competition from a contemporary game, well there is the Star Wars MMO. I can’t wait to get some new options I was interested in Wildstar but I saw the publisher was NCSoft so I think I will pass on that and wait on some reviews to come in. EQN will also be free to play so free to play isn’t much of a selling point once everyone starts doing it. We’ll be able to hop from MMO to MMO and settle on their favorite one. Eventually they will have to innovate and come up with some good reasons for players to stick with GW2 so competition is healthy.

Anyway Guardians are fun I liked how they played out for the most part, it was a different angle on the paladin or cleric character you see in these kind of games.