Guardians Vs Warriors

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Dembian.9257

Dembian.9257

So im looking to change my main as playing a thief has kind of gotten boring and i’ve got my class choice’s down to

Guardian or Warrior.

I know both are good in PvE and im all set in that way both seem quite equal

Im curious about WvW and maybe abit of team pvp later on when i get into the game more.

What I’m looking for is the ability to support a zerg if i need to and to be able to survive decently in those head on zerg vs zerg fights, while doing decent damage to auctally feel like im putting pressure on the enemy. (my thiekittenda gets squashed
underfoot instantly).

Im also looking for the ability to solo roam if i feel the want to and be able to hold my own in a 1v1 or even a 1v2 if it pops up.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Solo roaming as guardian is near impossible. The only two builds I know of that work to some extend are A ) Full glass instant-kill builds or B ) Full heal spec builds where you can only kill them if they let you.

As for zerging, I feel that guardians bring a little more in terms of group utility while also being about to fill a similar dps role, but warrior is becoming a valid option for sure.

Verdict: I have to say warrior. From the way ANET has been pushing that profession, it seems they will be top tier in everything in a matter of months.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Solo roaming as guardian is near impossible. The only two builds I know of that work to some extend are A ) Full glass instant-kill builds or B ) Full heal spec builds where you can only kill them if they let you.

As for zerging, I feel that guardians bring a little more in terms of group utility while also being about to fill a similar dps role, but warrior is becoming a valid option for sure.

Verdict: I have to say warrior. From the way ANET has been pushing that profession, it seems they will be top tier in everything in a matter of months.

For what im used to fight guardian is almost useless due the number of necros, nulifying your consecrations\boons all u can see red circles, and every one know how good a guardian is without boons.
Warrior by the other hand has large health pool can be a really true tank compared to guardian better regen plus more damage.

Side note: no matter how much healthand armor your guardian has there are skils
that critical up over 15k if u have boons.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Guardian or Warrior.

wow, let the epic debate start! lol

Im curious about WvW and maybe abit of team pvp later on when i get into the game more.
What I’m looking for is the ability to support a zerg if i need to and to be able to survive decently in those head on zerg vs zerg fights, while doing decent damage to auctally feel like im putting pressure on the enemy. (my thiekittenda gets squashed
underfoot instantly).

Im also looking for the ability to solo roam if i feel the want to and be able to hold my own in a 1v1 or even a 1v2 if it pops up.

I havent much to say because there is too many to say and i havent time right now XD
pve (events): guardian for better aoe
pve (dungeons): guardian for support, warrior for massive damage
HotM: guardian bunker, warrior skull crack
WvW: guardian support, warrior… something like burst and die

in general
offensive abilities: warrior > guardian
defensive abilities: guardian > warrior
support abilities: guardin > warrior

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

For solo roaming definitely Warrior. You CAN as a Guardian but not as well. You have to work twice as hard for the same amount of sustain and half the damage. The difference is that you can swap a couple of trait selections and repurpose yourself into a small group or zerg fighter basically instantly whereas the Warrior is more or less stuck with the solo roaming build.

For zerging, both Warriors and Guardians can support with shouts to varying degrees. Warriors also get banners but you can very quickly move out of the banner AoE in the field and they are only really useful for fighting on objectives. Other than that everything else about warrior utilities is for helping yourself, with the exception of the CC you get in physical utilities. Hammer warriors are good AoE crowd control. Guardians have defensively oriented shouts, and some incredible zerg fighting utilities in Consecrations. Hallowed Ground and Wall of Reflection are bananas. Completely nullify enemy CC in an area the size of Texas for ten seconds or longer with boon duration? Yes please.

To give you an idea; I main Guardian and have since BWE2, and have two Guardians. One is my zerging and small group Guard and one is my solo roam burst Guard. I don’t play the solo roam one anymore, I play my Warrior for that, and do a hell of a lot better.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

There are far more variants of a guardian for DPS, and I have yet to see an “instant-kill” build in PvP.

The biggest problem with a guardian is mobility. Anyone who’s decent can easily kite you and spam conditions to the point you are dead.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

foofad.5162

(SoW -> JI) MB or WW chained to ZD typically kills glass builds instantly of they don’t see it coming. And it’s resistant to counterattack to boot.

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Guardians can burst down while roaming. However, if you miss a step or the person you are attacking gets a block or dodge in, your dead 9 out of 10 times. Guardians are in a awkward place right now has it relates to WvW.

Granted, this is only 1 aspect of the triad / game design. PvE we are fine because NPC’s are static or predictable. If you can dodge then chances are high you will be fine TPvP or whatever the mists variety is, is another story. I’m not one to enter much because I don’t like being confined to a map (d@mn you WoW). If I want that sort of play I’ll go to a console or PC FPS.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Pretty much everything that can be said has been said. Getting both to 80 won’t hurt you, but it really comes down to your play style.

Right now Warriors are in a great spot. They have higher sustain than guardians, better selection for ranged weaponry. Right now the only edge guardians have on a warrior is the protection boon, but with the amount of necros in the game that’s not actually a good thing.

Several of us have multiple level 80 guardians. That’s because we enjoy the class. If you don’t have either though I would strongly suggest you roll a warrior. What they might lack in a very small section of the game (spvp bunker) they make up for in huge versatility. They have viable condition specs (I currently run a sword/sword lb shaman banner regen setup in spvp), they have a variety of good direct damage builds, they have excellent hybrid builds, they can actually bunker better than guardians against certain professions.

I’ve been a pretty die hard roaming/assassination guardian for awhile. That said, warrior is just better at it.

The problem with guardian right now is how stat allocation is handled. If we want to be a tanky damage dealer we need to go with a huge variety of stats. We need toughness, precision, crit damage, power, and vitality (lowest tier hp). Where as condition bunkers need only toughness or vitality, condition damage, healing power. The three stats required for condition bunkering, and don’t let the “bunkering” fool you it’s actually very capable of killing fast, let’s them itemize far easier.

I know that’s a bit off topic, but if you were my friend I would strongly suggest warrior.

This post for the most part only pertains to wvw/spvp. In PvE I don’t think it matters too much. I pick whichever one fits what I need at the time. I prefer my guardian, but it’s about 50/50 between warrior.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Mhm having a warrior and two guardian’s myself I noticed it’s much easier to handle people solo roaming and small skirmishes as a warrior. If you’re spec is anything short of a healway guardian spec, then it’s going to be a rough time when you come across a 1v2. For my Warrior i’m running condition/Hybrid bunker,(currently confusion, so gave up healing shouts, S/Shield + LB) I have no problems killing people and surviving. Being kited around really isn’t a problem either due to absurd Regen rate with HS, and Adrenal health. I don’t really even have to spec into any vitality which means I’m basically care free of the stat compared to my Guardian.

And it’s true, with all the Necromancers and Theives that spam sword/dagger 3 We get swamped really hard. Most of the time i get facerolled with conditions, and right after i clear a huge stack of them (CoP) I just get stacked with more right after, can’t reach anything before I just go down. I have traits and everything to try and counter this, but in the end it didn’t really make a difference due to how easy reapplication is. Now with a warrior, you’ll be able to reach a necro since you have Berserker stance(8 seconds of Condition immunity) and if you’re running a normal spec, cleansing Ire. It’s easy Condition cleansing when you take Longbow, since it’s pretty on-demand(1-3 Condition cleansing based on adrenaline on a low CD). The only thing that really goes for us as of now is the Projectile Absorbs with bubbles, and consecrations. Though to a certain extent Warriors can support just as well with Healing shouts /and or banners. So for now I’d just recommend a warrior.

Also word of advise if you’re thinking about going to the warrior forums and to talk about these things, just don’t if you do you’ll just get told to l2p/learn to adapt and hostility.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Also word of advise if you’re thinking about going to the warrior forums and to talk about these things, just don’t if you do you’ll just get told to l2p/learn to adapt and hostility.

That’s because the warrior sub forums are a complete joke when it comes to anything except QQing how under powered you think you are. It’s like a support group for millionaires who feel poor because they aren’t billionaires. Yeah, that’s cute but the rest of the world just wants to feed their families. That and the amount of actual theory crafting there is…well there isn’t any. Every one of their good theory crafters abandoned that place before christmas. Some went to guru, some just changed professions, some went to reddit etc. It’s a nice enough place to visit for a laugh, but you don’t want to live there.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Dembian.9257

haha i like that last bit GSSbluna

thank you for all the advice you guys have given me

the warrior forums (dacello’s threads especially) are always good for a laugh

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

You guys COULD post on my thread for a change (mace/shield GS = OP) and try to get some objectivity going

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: skillionaire.3574

skillionaire.3574

@hunter LOL if your guardian is getting beat by that warrior build..you’re not very good.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

You guys COULD post on my thread for a change (mace/shield GS = OP) and try to get some objectivity going

Please reference my post about the warrior sub forum. You are wasting your time there. Those guys were shocked, and more than a little angry, when we tried to explain to them what skill coefficients were.

Look you wouldn’t walk into certain parts of town and start randomly discussing physics with them would you? No! They would likely shoot you, or think you are doing some sort of witch craft. Those guys didn’t even know how to calculate condi damage over time. They still don’t, even after numerous posts explaining it.

You won’t make any headway there, and you won’t with Anet for that matter. Either learn to work around the problem, or roll a different profession. I suppose you could go the warrior route and just QQ about everything being OP until Anet nerfs it ie rangers, spirit rangers (soon), necros, engis, etc…

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

@hunter LOL if your guardian is getting beat by that warrior build..you’re not very good.

Well depends on the build honestly, it’s not really OP but it’s hard to beat if you’re running a DPS spec/Squishy. Now with my other guardian that build does nothing at all, except stun, and end up a stalemate since neither of you can kill the other. I think I’ve already posted in that thread before anyways(was about HS not the build) then i just left it as is because wasn’t going to get anywhere with it, and playing it on my warrior is hilariously fun. We’ll see what Anet will do with it though if they even do anything with it.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Try both classes in pvp; so you will have an idea of how their skills work. Then you can choose which one you will level up to 80.

For support, hands down it is the guardian.

For roaming, it is the warrior.

Both are good classes either way but you have to try it; so you’ll understand.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

I can’t speak for roaming or spvp, but for zerg vs zerg the Guardian is a solid choice hands down in all situations. When traited for support you are a walking boon dispenser, are very tanky and you get badges like crazy. Warrior is also very solid with tons of CC and damage but I’ve found that if you aren’t following a very good commander you can die a lot easier. Guardians are more forgiving if you mess up, but hammer warrior is a ton of fun.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Please reference my post about the warrior sub forum. You are wasting your time there. Those guys were shocked, and more than a little angry, when we tried to explain to them what skill coefficients were.

Look you wouldn’t walk into certain parts of town and start randomly discussing physics with them would you? No! They would likely shoot you, or think you are doing some sort of witch craft. Those guys didn’t even know how to calculate condi damage over time. They still don’t, even after numerous posts explaining it.

You won’t make any headway there, and you won’t with Anet for that matter. Either learn to work around the problem, or roll a different profession. I suppose you could go the warrior route and just QQ about everything being OP until Anet nerfs it ie rangers, spirit rangers (soon), necros, engis, etc…

Well, that thread is still going strong now, so I figured it would be a good way to start raising awareness. I am well aware its in enemy territory and warrior forums are probably the most biased ones after the thief ones, BUT, it was a good place to start. A few other people have stepped in and kinda supported my views to a certain extent so its something.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Most of you don’t even read the warrior forums, most of the QQ is coming from Non-Warriors who go on the forums and make threads like this.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/merged-Warrior-s-New-Meta-Unkillable-Rematch/page/4#post2697858

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Hammer-Perma-Stun-in-Need-of-Imm-Adjustment/first#post2697475

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Mace-shield-GS-build-Overpowered/page/16#post2696445

Making this post itself proves my point. QQ about Warriors on another forum.

Please stop spreading misinformation about warriors, they are not Guardian Gods who can tank 5-6 people and leave, and also please stop spreading misinformation that Guardians can’t roam either. Sword/Focus+Greatsword ftw.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

… Have you tried roaming on a guardian??? Either its go healway and not kill anything or go GC and get rolled over by everyone.

Just go back to your forums Daecollo, no one takes you seriously anymore

Guardian Gods…LOL!

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Daecollo.9578

… Have you tried roaming on a guardian??? Either its go healway and not kill anything or go GC and get rolled over by everyone.

Guardian Gods…LOL!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Hunter-4783/showposts

All your posts blatantly say Guardians are underpowered and Warriors are overpowered. You list little to no reason why and you offer no support to your arguments.

Guardians have many things Warriors do not, including protection and many ways to cleans conditions and help your party through combo fields and other means.

If you like warrior so much, play it. However watch out for things like Poison which completely counters you fully.

You sir, are a hypocrite (?h?p?kr?t)
A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Since Im the OP and you have the misconception that non zerker means full cleric (lol) i should probably clarify.

0/0/30/30/10
Soldier runes
knights armor/weapon
zerker accessories
DPS sigil, strength or Fire.

Good DPS (for a guard) while acting as anchor when needed.

So basicly, its ok if you can pick an apple from a garden, but if a Warrior can its a problem? Even if they have completely different weaknesses?

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Dembian.9257

mmm dacello i think its more these threads that get you the bad rep

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Healing-Surge-is-counter-productive

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Axe-should-Bleed-and-Torment

I can’t auctally find your greatsword one but its something along the lines of increasing damage on 100hb by 100% and usable while moving .

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Daecollo.9578

mmm dacello i think its more these threads that get you the bad rep

In my 104 page history, I don’t think you will find one post saying ANYONE is overpowered or needs nerfed.

That is the difference between me and most players, I adapt and suggest changes, while most others cry and demand changes and nerfs.

Sure my suggestions may be a little critical, however they have to be different or the suggestion would mean nothing.

Also, my suggestion was to make Greatsword able to be used while moving, but lower its damage by 50%!

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Abraxius.6429

Abraxius.6429

#DODGEHEALZ def guardian

The Lawful Danyyle
(Reality is Unbalanced)

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

wtf guys? guardian is soooooo much better for solo roaming.. unless all you care about is running away from zergs, then warrior is better.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

wtf guys? guardian is soooooo much better for solo roaming.. unless all you care about is running away from zergs, then warrior is better.

Another clueless player or simply a new guest coming over from the warrior forums.

Soon we are gonna be needing some pest control in place.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

foofad.5162

Is the pest control for you? Cause I’m seeing a lot of hostility coming out of you that is completely unnecessary. That goes for everyone, really. This isn’t the place to air out your frustrations. OP asked a question, it has been answered, and last I heard from him in game he decided on a Guardian for now. Thread over.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Is the pest control for you? Cause I’m seeing a lot of hostility coming out of you that is completely unnecessary. That goes for everyone, really. This isn’t the place to air out your frustrations. OP asked a question, it has been answered, and last I heard from him in game he decided on a Guardian for now. Thread over.

tell that to all the pests that have come over from the warrior forums to troll us

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Darek.1836

Another clueless player or simply a new guest coming over from the warrior forums.

100g Ill beat you 1v1
also see attached

Attachments:

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

100g Ill beat you 1v1
also see attached

How do I always end up attracting the worst of em all eh?

Play time does not mean much considering how you can afk or bot all day.

And even IF you actively played during all that time, tells me nothing about your experience with a guardian or warrior.

Just give up son, before you make a bigger fool of yourself

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Darek.1836

100g Ill beat you 1v1
also see attached

How do I always end up attracting the worst of em all eh?

Play time does not mean much considering how you can afk or bot all day.

And even IF you actively played during all that time, tells me nothing about your experience with a guardian or warrior.

Just give up son, before you make a bigger fool of yourself

you’re a ridiculous fool
The 1110+ hours were on my guardian, 95% of which have been spent solo/small man roaming on it
what the kitten would I have to do to show I know more about this game, and ESPECIALLY guardians, than you do?

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

I don’t think that attachment really matters. I have one that would put most to shame as well as myself, though time played doesn’t exactly mean anything. I’m probably really meh myself as a player.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

To try and break away from the pointless bickering for a second:

Guardians are very strong in zerg support, and can be very good in small team areas as well. They’re probably not the best for solo roaming, especially if you’re accustomed to Thief.

I’d say you’re going to want to take a look at the HEALWAY post and videos to look at what’s possible while solo roaming, and what it’s capable of in a group. There are different builds for different situations, but it’s pretty flexible.

There’s also a few hammer builds for group play. Altruistic Healing took a bit of a nerf a little bit back IIRC, but is still very good for ZvZ.

Warrior, on the other hand, is actually quite well rounded for pretty much all situations. I’m not as experienced with it, so I’ll leave it to others to fill in the details.

My personal preference is the guardian, because I like being nearly invincible while also providing superior team support. For yourself, I think the deal breaker really comes down to just how much time you want to spend solo roaming. If most of your time is spent solo, you might better served by rolling a warrior. Otherwise I’d recommend Guardian.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Silvos.9183

Silvos.9183

Roaming : Warrior for better mobility. You will need it.

Zerging : Both are nice. Guardian is the better tagger.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

wow this thread is gold

Oceanic [LOD]

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

100g Ill beat you 1v1
also see attached

I’m in, what are the restrictions? Also when?

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

This thread is pretty funny so it needed a bit more realism.

Here’s my solid advice, do not play either a Warrior or a Guardian if you want to solo roam in WvW. I have done both well beyond a healthy amount (I have several different 80s, need to finish up on my Ele when they become less … repetitive). I’ve played the most with my Warrior (over 1,400 hours now).

Warrior is only slightly better right now because of stun-chain-lock/Berserker’s Stance and Greatsword/Warhorn for some mobility (out of combat) because of the zerg-issue while solo roaming. It is rather straight forward though (kind of boring) and easily countered if the opponent has any sense of dodge/twitch so make sure you roll an Asuran Warrior. If you encounter a solo-roaming Warrior in WvW, there is either this CC build or you will beat it.

Solid advice, if you want a WvW solo-duo roaming class, pick either Thief or Mesmer (where you get to pick and choose your battles). Do not kid yourselves.

Oh, and the reason theory-craft on all forums and has gone further down is because the meta is VERY stagnant right now for all classes. Either you (1) rotate condition spam or (2) spam hard-CC or (3) you counter it (or all the above) or (4) you run a super burst/stealth build looking for easy kills (and run if it doesn’t work in the first 8-10 seconds) …but that’s for a different thread.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Guardian Gods…LOL!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Hunter-4783/showposts

All your posts blatantly say Guardians are underpowered and Warriors are overpowered. You list little to no reason why and you offer no support to your arguments.

Guardians have many things Warriors do not, including protection and many ways to cleans conditions and help your party through combo fields and other means.

If you like warrior so much, play it. However watch out for things like Poison which completely counters you fully.

You sir, are a hypocrite (?h?p?kr?t)
A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Since Im the OP and you have the misconception that non zerker means full cleric (lol) i should probably clarify.

0/0/30/30/10
Soldier runes
knights armor/weapon
zerker accessories
DPS sigil, strength or Fire.

Good DPS (for a guard) while acting as anchor when needed.

So basicly, its ok if you can pick an apple from a garden, but if a Warrior can its a problem? Even if they have completely different weaknesses?

This coming from Daecollo is hilarious.

You have ZERO cred on ANY forum. Scrolling through your post history is like browsing through the tabloids while in the checkout line of the grocery store… good for a laugh, nothing more.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Oh, and the reason theory-craft on all forums and has gone further down is because the meta is VERY stagnant right now for all classes. .

Umm, what? Theory crafting is far from dead on almost all of the sub forums. The major exception is the warrior sub forum. On every other one, as of a few hours ago, you can find theory crafting on the front page. Please stop making stuff up to try and explain why most of the intelligent warrior players abandoned that sub forum months ago. Accept that it’s the atmosphere there, and then try to change it.

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Darek.1836

100g Ill beat you 1v1
also see attached

anything thats not condi spam, and preferably not retaliation spam guardian (15 in virtues)

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Guardian or Warrior.

wow, let the epic debate start! lol

underfoot instantly).

I havent much to say because there is too many to say and i havent time right now XD
pve (events): guardian for better aoe
pve (dungeons): guardian for support, warrior for massive damage
HotM: guardian bunker, warrior skull crack
WvW: guardian support, warrior… something like burst and die

in general
offensive abilities: warrior > guardian
defensive abilities: guardian > warrior
support abilities: guardin > warrior

I think in the WvW meta, a shout healing/banner hammer warrior provides just as much support (albeit a different sort) as a guardian. You don’t see anyone worth their salt as a warrior dying after the burst either. In WvW, Imo, its a toss up – either are good, guards are more defensive and warriors are more offensive. Pick your poison and you’ll have a good time. in PvE its a warrior by leaps and bounds because of the damage they put out.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

100g Ill beat you 1v1
also see attached

anything thats not condi spam, and preferably not retaliation spam guardian (15 in virtues)

O.k. well that rules out everything except guardian…
I run a sword/sword lb banner regen bunker warrior, condition spam + high regen from banners/adrenal health/hs
spirit ranger bunker sw/torch sb
necro..lol nuff said. I wouldn’t use my necro anyway as I don’t consider that to be even remotely close to a fair fight.

I could try out my mesmer, but I’m not very good with him. I’m good enough, just not great.

You kind of restricted it to anything not the current meta though. Also if we get a chance to duel don’t worry about any kitten gold. I just enjoy duels.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

In the current Meta I find myself having a nervous break down every time I have to have a 1v1 with a thief because it turns into some funky death match ballet. The amount they dodge around is ridiculous and it takes some Ninja style precision to get a clean hit. I really do dislike how immobile we are for a melee class.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Darek.1836

100g Ill beat you 1v1
also see attached

O.k. well that rules out everything except guardian…
I run a sword/sword lb banner regen bunker warrior, condition spam + high regen from banners/adrenal health/hs
spirit ranger bunker sw/torch sb
necro..lol nuff said. I wouldn’t use my necro anyway as I don’t consider that to be even remotely close to a fair fight.

I could try out my mesmer, but I’m not very good with him. I’m good enough, just not great.

You kind of restricted it to anything not the current meta though. Also if we get a chance to duel don’t worry about any kitten gold. I just enjoy duels.

well considering bunker condis are autowin against all DD classes and the only way for me to win against them is to be literally twice as good and out play them in every way, asking for no condi spam is probably understandable (especially when 100g is on the line). though I was hoping to be facing that guy on either his warr or guard. tbh I’ll duel anything if it’s free, but the new meta with condi spam means no skill is involved in 90% of the fights now.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Darek.1836

In the current Meta I find myself having a nervous break down every time I have to have a 1v1 with a thief because it turns into some funky death match ballet. The amount they dodge around is ridiculous and it takes some Ninja style precision to get a clean hit. I really do dislike how immobile we are for a melee class.

guardians are practically the counter to thieves so tbh it’s probably a L2P issue. try using blinds and blocks at the right time and dodging when you suspect a backstab.
unless they’re s/d then use blinds and evades on their boon steal skills and try to zealots defense or WW when they spam 3

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

guardians are practically the counter to thieves so tbh it’s probably a L2P issue. try using blinds and blocks at the right time and dodging when you suspect a backstab.
unless they’re s/d then use blinds and evades on their boon steal skills and try to zealots defense or WW when they spam 3

Kinda insulted you called it a L2P issue considering I only stated they give me a nervous breakdown, I never said I’d lost to one and I agree we do counter thieves rather well it’s just all the darting around makes a man dizzy haha ^^

The condition Meta is far worse by far though there is no way you can out cleanse them all and it doesn’t take a surgeon to simply throw aoe’s down and play cat and mouse.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Oh, and the reason theory-craft on all forums and has gone further down is because the meta is VERY stagnant right now for all classes. .

Umm, what? Theory crafting is far from dead on almost all of the sub forums. The major exception is the warrior sub forum. On every other one, as of a few hours ago, you can find theory crafting on the front page. Please stop making stuff up to try and explain why most of the intelligent warrior players abandoned that sub forum months ago. Accept that it’s the atmosphere there, and then try to change it.

One or a handful of voices in a crowd does not create an atmosphere.

It is quite a stretch to call it theory crafting when the Meta has been the same for over 2 months now. So you basically are saying because the “intelligent” Warrior players are not posting that they have abandoned the forum and moved on to another forum (as to oppose to just leaving the game or picking a superior class)? (1) why are you inferring all other Warrior players are dumb and that it helps the GW2 “atmosphere” to call other players dumb?

Since you are in need of an excuse, here is mine: Warriors is in a state where there is literally one sPvP build (and its minor variants) that rules them all…for WvW, you can stretch it maybe to one/two more build types. And killing that one sPvP build (which ANet will do) will not fix the other gaping holes in the class. There no truly other viable build options after the June 25th adjustment/nerf to the Warrior class. And that is the heart of the reason why there is low Warrior constructive Meta/counter-Meta postings.

Finally, people love to troll the forums of GW2 Warrior (similar to Thief in months past) which is why there is virtually no constructive postings (I’m actually still not sure if Daecollo isn’t also a troll 95% of the time as well). GW2 Warrior forum is also plagued without forum moderators killing bad and repetitive threads or moving stuff to the suggestion forums (need a polar-opposite example, look in this forum).

You add the above together and you get the State of the Warrior. No viable topics and no one in ANet wants constructive supportive direction actually cares to look at the problems with Warriors (example, you need a heal that matches other class viability (after breaking lifesteal crit food)…3 months later…here is a version, oops, not what I meant, here is another version 2 months later…oops, kind of broken). /sigh

No worries, I have a feeling ANet will make Warriors very popular very soon if they continue with there cycle of class balance without player-testing input.

Back on topic, I would just pick another class altogether (Thief) if you want solo-roaming.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

Solo roam is not a lost cause on the Guardian, you just have to pick your fights. Judge’s Intervention is detrimental to make this work, but you need to use it defensively more often than not unless you’re sure that you’re not getting ambushed whilst fighting.

Pick Monk’s Focus instead of AH, Smite Condition to clear off anything very pesky and healing when necessary, JI as already mentioned, and 3rd slot is optional but I enjoy running Save Yourselves since it gives you that edge in a fight (careful with this when going against necromancers and thieves sporting a sword) and also stun breaker on demand, Stand your Ground is also excellent for stomping, retal and stun breaker.

Weapon wise, GS adds a LOT to solo roam, it’s superior to the hammer since you can close-in/getaway with leap #3 and also landing your blows is much smoother and quicker thanks to your AA chain. Second weapon set is optional, I personally run Scepter/Focus to combo with JI when going for burst along with GS #2, with a semi-dps build you can wreck most of the squishier builds with little effort.

In 1v1 you should try attacking from distance with your Scepter, when within range (~1200), try to gauge in what direction your opponent is moving and place a Smite #2 to where he’s supposedly going to be, then immediately press #5 to cast your Shield of Wrath along with #3 to immobilize your target, now switch to GS, cast #2 and exactly when the spinning animation is starting, cast Judge’s Intervention, with good timing, your target will be considerately damaged by your Smite, Whirling Wrath and the explosion of your timed Shield of Wrath. Of course it will not work perfectly all the time, but successfully initiating a fight with this combo will net you a huge advantage in any confrontation.

Just remember to pick your fights well, if your caught with your utilities and leap in cooldown whilst running away, you’ll be toasted most of the times, this is the hard part of solo roam with the Guardian, but don’t let it step back from trying, with practice you’ll lose to very little amount of builds, Condition builds can give you trouble, but running a -40% condition duration food can do wonder against those.

Good luck!

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

(edited by Lahm.7056)

Guardians Vs Warriors

in Guardian

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

actually dude, third part has some merit. all i’ve seen lately in matchups in wvw is warriors who are slightly outmatched just gsword 5 in the other direction. i’ve seen some do this to my engineer when i was roaming alone. also to my mesmer.
“oh kitten, i have to try. i’m not playing warrior because i wanted to try!”

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.