New Guardian Bow Specialization

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Guards already have enough of that & while not all of it works perfectly guards don’t need more of it.

Speak for yourself.

You don’t get it … I’m not using my imagination because it’s not relevant. Bow is simply not based on the class concept that Anet has defined. It’s not relevant if people want it either. People wanted it 2 years ago and Anet came out with a definitive statement on why Guardians aren’t getting it.

Those example you provide fit those classes because Anet says they do, not because of preconceived notions of what players think. You’re examples actually reinforce my point; ANET decides, even if those decisions make you go “WUT?!”

Maybe Anet has changed their mind. I hope they don’t because giving Guardians bow would be as bad for the identity of the class now as it would have been last year when Anet explained why we shouldn’t get it.

No offense, but I don’t think you understand that this specialization =/= normal guardian. Your argument is applying the random thematic restrictions that ANet placed on normal guardians on the specialization.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

^ exactly that. Same goes for Rangers + Staff and Necros + Greatsword.

The bow can still reside the “identity of the guardian”. It’s not like the bow will be like a ranger’s Rapid Fire… it’s going to play exactly how a Guardian would use a bow if he picked it up from the ground.

Ok disregard Ele’s Ice Bow… perhaps that was a bad analogy :P

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The specialization is called Cupid and you shoot hearts at people, which makes their attacks all shoot hearts too and soon the battlefield is turned into a GIGANTIC CLUSTERF*** OF LOVE!

One – Piken Square

in Guardian

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

The specialization is called Cupid and you shoot hearts at people, which makes their attacks all shoot hearts too and soon the battlefield is turned into a GIGANTIC CLUSTERF*** OF LOVE!

Poor asuras.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

crossing fingers Plz let it be Axe or Warhorn and all that bow speculations be just that- speculations

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

I really hope its not warhorn. I’m more excited about the possibility of the longbow mainly because we would get 5 new skills instead of 2. Besides, focus is going to provide stiff competition for any new offhand we get.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Guards already have enough of that & while not all of it works perfectly guards don’t need more of it.

Speak for yourself.

You don’t get it … I’m not using my imagination because it’s not relevant. Bow is simply not based on the class concept that Anet has defined. It’s not relevant if people want it either. People wanted it 2 years ago and Anet came out with a definitive statement on why Guardians aren’t getting it.

Those example you provide fit those classes because Anet says they do, not because of preconceived notions of what players think. You’re examples actually reinforce my point; ANET decides, even if those decisions make you go “WUT?!”

Maybe Anet has changed their mind. I hope they don’t because giving Guardians bow would be as bad for the identity of the class now as it would have been last year when Anet explained why we shouldn’t get it.

No offense, but I don’t think you understand that this specialization =/= normal guardian. Your argument is applying the random thematic restrictions that ANet placed on normal guardians on the specialization.

I don’t think you understand that people want bows for everything where the Guardian specialization won’t be applicable. If my understanding is correct, specialization is for the new zone and content only, and it’s not clear if that includes current PVP or WvW content. The new specializations for the professions are being introduced for the new content and will be focused on tools to address new challenges there. It’s not being introduced to address gaps in the current game, which have already been explained by Anet why they exist for the professions.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

Speak for yourself.

I don’t think you understand that people want bows for everything where the Guardian specialization won’t be applicable. If my understanding is correct, specialization is for the new zone and content only, and it’s not clear if that includes current PVP or WvW content. The new specializations for the professions are being introduced for the new content and will be focused on tools to address new challenges there. It’s not being introduced to address gaps in the current game, which have already been explained by Anet why they exist for the professions.

Uhhh where have you seen that the specialization will be zone locked or game mode locked???? That would be beyond pointless. Specializations are being added to expand current professions. ANET has stated that the expansion is more like a character progression expansion instead of a more traditional expansion. And if specializations were locked to the new maps that would invalidate their idea of the expansion.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

^What he said. I don’t know if I’d even bother with the expansion if the specializations were that limited. Fortunately, I’m pretty certain they aren’t that limited.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It wouldn’t be pointless but I don’t think it’s beyond reasonable … do you think it would be an even playing field to pit specialized characters against non-specialized ones in PVP/WvW? Those specializations are advantage. Perhaps I’m wrong but my impression is that these specializations are going to be restricted to the new content because they are meant to address challenges that will be encountered in the new content only.

Even if that’s not the case, I’m still hoping that Anet doesn’t break with their concepts and dilute the profession simply to appease people and stick to their guns, just like they have done in the past.

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

It wouldn’t be pointless but I don’t think it’s beyond reasonable … do you think it would be an even playing field to pit specialized characters against non-specialized ones in PVP/WvW? Those specializations are advantage. Perhaps I’m wrong but my impression is that these specializations are going to be restricted to the new content because they are meant to address challenges that will be encountered in the new content only.

Even if that’s not the case, I’m still hoping that Anet doesn’t break with their concepts and dilute the profession simply to appease people and stick to their guns, just like they have done in the past.

Specializations will mostly be available in 100% of the game modes. What are you referring to is masteries which some will be map gated or enhance special abilities on certain maps and once learned will be available across all characters, account bound.

Example of mastery: gliding etc.

in Guardian

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I really hope not…

Out of everything we could have gotten… a freak’n bow…

We already have a Bow…. BOW OF TRUTH… and it’s lame! Don’t add to the lame’ness!

Out of everything what exactly? Guns? An axe? Not very paladin-y, that.

in Guardian

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

I really hope not…

We already have a Bow…. BOW OF TRUTH… and it’s lame! Don’t add to the lame’ness!

its GUARDIAN, not PALADIN
why does everyone try to connect them so hard. guardian is guardian.
id much more prefer axe or warhorn, or at least shortbow (mainly cause there’s more cool shortbow skins). or going crazy – rifle or pistols shooting blue flames? offhand sword anyone…?

longbow is boring on both ranger and warrior. and im afraid it’d be as boring on guard.

in Guardian

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I really hope not…

id much more prefer axe or warhorn, or at least shortbow (mainly cause there’s more cool shortbow skins). or going crazy – rifle or pistols shooting blue flames? offhand sword anyone…?

longbow is boring on both ranger and warrior. and im afraid it’d be as boring on guard.

Guardians are basically this game’s version of Paladins, one of the oldest archetypes in the genre. Heavy armor, big weapons, melee, holy themes, spewing light out of every orifice etc.

in Guardian

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

I really hope not…

^ the range support I keep hearing sounds extremely bad, minimal healing from bow that will provide benefits for fleas, away from the front where walls and fire fields\condi cleanse are needed. Axe seems better with hope for more DPs or bleeds…and the scepter is an amazing range weapon all the hate it gets ;-;

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I really hope not…

And why exactly should THAT matter?

The very last thing I want is for a good idea to be thrown out the window because it wouldn’t fit some random’s idea of what would “fit the theme” for the class. So please, if you don’t think an axe would be very fitting on your guardian, then by all means, don’t use it. But please don’t try to tell me that I can’t use one just because you don’t like it. You don’t own my character, and you don’t own the game’s code.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I think theme’s have been sorta thrown out the window. For kitten sake, Necromancers are getting Great Swords. I personally would rather them fix scepter and give us Axes instead.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Give me dual pistols and turn me into “The bodyguard”. A good ranged single target weapon with exactly zero control and tons of condition damage and i will be a happy puppy.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

nope. bows ftw
/15chars

in Guardian

Posted by: Spin Echo.8263

Spin Echo.8263

The ranged capability is missing from the Guardian toolset because Anet wants Guardians to be ‘first in, last out’ and ‘leading the charge’. It’s got nothing to do with a thematic reasoning; it’s completely based on the class concept that Anet wants the class to follow.

Guardians, like all professions, have always had ranged attacks. And like all professions, they have enough ranged weapons that they aren’t forced to equip a melee weapon at all.

What they lack are gap openers, stealth, and other ways to disengage. Their movement skills tend to be gap closers. I believe this is what Anet intends by “first in, last out”.

(edited by Spin Echo.8263)

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I would really, really like a warhorn.

My biggest hurdle in my meditation builds is accounting for combat mobility. A warhorn with at least 50% swiftness uptime would make pack runes all the more viable. I’d very much like to run a scepter/focus sword/warhorn build. What would be even better is if it came with some sort of CC on it too, maybe a stun. A warhorn with some CC and swiftness could compete with focus for even one offhand slot better than shield and torch could. How great would it be to apply swiftness to yourself while crippling nearby enemies?

Axe would indeed be my second choice. Guardians are in dire need of a second condition like bleeds. An AA laying down bleeds with 3-5 stacks of torment on #3 would certainly shape a condition guardian in the right direction.

From what I read of the “leaked” longbow, I’m not impressed. Healing your team by shooting arrows through them at distance is terrible. It’s not effective at all and, though I hate saying this, is not very guardian like at all. I can’t believe I’m agreeing with Obtena but the guardian’s place is not behind the team shooting arrows to heal them. Besides, it would be repetitive as the staff already has a skill like that which isn’t very effective unless blown up.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

^ the range support I keep hearing sounds extremely bad, minimal healing from bow that will provide benefits for fleas, away from the front where walls and fire fields\condi cleanse are needed.

How do you know that the healing provided by the longbow would be “minimal healing” (even though healing isn’t the only thing it does in the slightest)? Are you a tester?
Is there something stopping guardians from using walls, fields, and cleansing from a distance?

From what I read of the “leaked” longbow, I’m not impressed. Healing your team by shooting arrows through them at distance is terrible. It’s not effective at all and, though I hate saying this, is not very guardian like at all. I can’t believe I’m agreeing with Obtena but the guardian’s place is not behind the team shooting arrows to heal them. Besides, it would be repetitive as the staff already has a skill like that which isn’t very effective unless blown up.

How is firing off healing/light arrows not guardian-like? They can already do so indirectly with Bow of Truth. Taking a quick look at the longbow’s skills: 1/2 are damaging/healing light arrows, 3 is a burning/healing symbol of battle/energy, 4 is some light arrow thing attached with chains of light, 5 is the stance change. Light/healing arrows are guardian-like, don’t know why I even need to bother arguing that. Symbols are guardian-like. Chains of light are guardian-like. The whole bow being a very selfless weapon is guardian-like.

As for how effective it’ll be. Once again, are you a tester? Do you know how effective the healing arrows will be at healing? Do you know the damage/healing hitbox for the arrows? Do you know how much damage they do?
The guardian’s specialization’s place is wherever ANet wants it to be. Not that I believe normal guardians are only frontliners.

in Guardian

Jaxom.7310

^ the range support I keep hearing sounds extremely bad, minimal healing from bow that will provide benefits for fleas, away from the front where walls and fire fields\condi cleanse are needed.

How do you know that the healing provided by the longbow would be “minimal healing” (even though healing isn’t the only thing it does in the slightest)? Are you a tester?
Is there something stopping guardians from using walls, fields, and cleansing from a distance?

How is firing off healing/light arrows not guardian-like? They can already do so indirectly with Bow of Truth. Taking a quick look at the longbow’s skills: 1/2 are damaging/healing light arrows, 3 is a symbol of battle/energy, 4 is some light arrow thing attached with chains of light, 5 is the stance change. Light/healing arrows are guardian-like, don’t know why I even need to bother arguing that. Symbols are guardian-like. Chains of light are guardian-like.

As for how effective it’ll be. Once again, are you a tester? Do you know how effective the healing arrows will be at healing? Do you know the damage/healing hitbox for the arrows? Do you know how much damage they do?
The guardian’s specialization’s place is wherever ANet wants it to be. Not that I believe normal guardians are only frontliners.

the trash about healing not being effective is likely coming from the fact that most healing is useless outside of your #6 skill. almost everything scales terribly w/ healing power. so anything that is focusing on healing is likely useless.

that’s prob where they are coming from.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

And of what use would it be in PvE? Unless they revamp the PvE system, the whole “kill kitten asap before reflects/aegis run out and you get gibbed by 6-7k damage autoattacks from multiple mobs” will still hold.

They can keep adding more ranged weapons, won’t change the fact most people will still demand berserker melee.

in Guardian

Shanks.2907

Trash? Is it that hard to think?

Lining up shots between you, a moving target and your ally is not an effective way to heal allies. I don’t need to be a tester to know that a skill similar to staff 2 will be largely useless. Sure, there may be healing done incidentally but it’s not go to be efficient.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

Or it could just be aimed like how anyone using Orb of Light properly uses it. Would be nice to have ally targeting added in the expansion though.

in Guardian

pandas.9450

How is firing off healing/light arrows not guardian-like? They can already do so indirectly with Bow of Truth. Taking a quick look at the longbow’s skills: 1/2 are damaging/healing light arrows, 3 is a burning/healing symbol of battle/energy, 4 is some light arrow thing attached with chains of light, 5 is the stance change. Light/healing arrows are guardian-like, don’t know why I even need to bother arguing that. Symbols are guardian-like. Chains of light are guardian-like. The whole bow being a very selfless weapon is guardian-like.

facepalm yes destroy one of the best supports the game has by moving them behind zergs and “supporting” the safer ranging groups. You don’t need to be tester or w/e to know the healing is going to be crap,

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

facepalm yes destroy one of the best supports the game has by moving them behind zergs and “supporting” the safer ranging groups. You don’t need to be tester or w/e to know the healing is going to be crap,

Yes you do, now please take your ridiculous and baseless assumptions elsewhere. Even if the specialization is garbage, the guardian will be perfectly fine because the specialization is an alternative, not an upgrade (so normal guards are unaffected). Which most people seem to disregard for some reason. Either way, if the weapon is underpowered, then it must be balanced, but this is irrelevant to the overall argument for/against bows in terms of play style.

I don’t get why you put “supporting” in apostrophes as if it’s not true, since that’s exactly what the bow would be doing (in literally every sense of the word) with the skill set listed here. It heals, it debuffs, it buffs offensively/defensively, and it has offensive/defensive CC.

in Guardian

Jaxom.7310

Yes you do, now please take your ridiculous and baseless assumptions elsewhere. Even if the specialization is garbage, the guardian will be perfectly fine because the specialization is an alternative, not an upgrade (so normal guards are unaffected). Which most people seem to disregard for some reason. Either way, if the weapon is underpowered, then it must be balanced, but this is irrelevant to the overall argument for/against bows in terms of play style.

I don’t get why you put “supporting” in apostrophes as if it’s not true, since that’s exactly what the bow would be doing (in literally every sense of the word) with the skill set listed here. It heals, it debuffs, it buffs offensively/defensively, and it has offensive/defensive CC.

said it above about heals, same about support in general for gw2. the games meta is basically zerk, zerk, zerk and whatever spread out boons u can to a group. thats why he put it in quotes. cause support in gw2 is basically moar dps

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

said it above about heals, same about support in general for gw2. the games meta is basically zerk, zerk, zerk and whatever spread out boons u can to a group. thats why he put it in quotes. cause support in gw2 is basically moar dps

I agree somewhat, but the game’s meta is zerk exclusively in PvE. Using zerk with most builds in any other mode won’t get you anywhere. Supposedly, ANet is making the PvE content in the expansion a lot harder, but whether or not this increases build diversity past zerker is really up to how well of a job ANet does.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Speak for yourself.

Don’t think you got my meaning.

We already have a ton of support & defensive stuff. I would rather they buff & fix this existing stuff before adding a whole new level of it via mastery.

Mastery could instead fill in gaps we have in our current kitten nal.
You know things like CC, ranged damage etc…..

in Guardian

Hattoni.8597

I agree somewhat, but the game’s meta is zerk exclusively in PvE. Using zerk with most builds in any other mode won’t get you anywhere. Supposedly, ANet is making the PvE content in the expansion a lot harder, but whether or not this increases build diversity past zerker is really up to how well of a job ANet does.

For me solution to zerker meta is simple – make certain dungeons 10 times harder than the hardest one we have now. Make such a hard dungeons that it would be impossible to speedrun this, so it won’t be about how fast can you do this but rather ‘if there is chance we will finish it’.

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Personally I’m hoping for the bow to be a hybrid between CC & damage with a few possible support abilities.

Think ranged version of the hammer, with a bit less defense & more offense.

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

For me solution to zerker meta is simple – make certain dungeons 10 times harder than the hardest one we have now. Make such a hard dungeons that it would be impossible to speedrun this, so it won’t be about how fast can you do this but rather ‘if there is chance we will finish it’.

There is a difference between hard for hard’s sake & requiring some tactical thought though.

For instance lvl 40+ fractals have mobs that will often just 1 shot you unless your abusing mechanics. That is hard for hard’s sake.

If they made encounters require teamwork, thought and utility skills other then reflects however that could be intrusting.

in Guardian

Hattoni.8597

There is a difference between hard for hard’s sake & requiring some tactical thought though.

For instance lvl 40+ fractals have mobs that will often just 1 shot you unless your abusing mechanics. That is hard for hard’s sake.

If they made encounters require teamwork, thought and utility skills other then reflects however that could be intrusting.

Of course you are right. Making something hard doesn’t mean just to increase damage or hp pool of mobs. As you have said – give us something which requires teamwork and use of utilities. I wish one day we will get a really hardcore pve content which requires teamwork, takes long time and not every random pug will be able to finish it.

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Of course you are right. Making something hard doesn’t mean just to increase damage or hp pool of mobs. As you have said – give us something which requires teamwork and use of utilities. I wish one day we will get a really hardcore pve content which requires teamwork, takes long time and not every random pug will be able to finish it.

If that content were to ever come my bet is it would be in some sort of instanced area where random people cannot wonder in.

Could be why they were looking to hire people with experience designing raids a few months back.

Maybe they finally realized that you cannot make open world content hard otherwise it makes it impossible due to random people wondering in not knowing wtf their doing.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

nope. bows ftw
/15chars

Negative Ghost Leader – the pattern is full.

Down w/ BOWS!

Viva Bow of Truth!

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

How about we get fixes to our weapons before we go adding new kitten? After watching the utility/offense or utility/defense built into all the abilities on the new class…they better re-work some of our weapons if the ‘old-school’ classes are going to keep up

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

How about we get fixes to our weapons before we go adding new kitten? After watching the utility/offense or utility/defense built into all the abilities on the new class…they better re-work some of our weapons if the ‘old-school’ classes are going to keep up

This ^.

Compared to other classes the guardian already falls behind when it comes to offensive utility & unless your using hammer or mace it can for defensive utility as well.

After looking at the rev all I can say is I hope they take a serious look at the guardian weapon skills, utilitys, elite skills & traits.

in Guardian

pandas.9450

Healing is nothing special in the game and expecting it to be anything good is silly. The only benefits i see with bow is vul and knockdowns and tbh the curret sets handle that fine. Alternative only makes it sound for me anyways bowbearguardianedition, i never understood the hate for scepters for our ranging. Great in pvp and if you want pve

in Guardian

pandas.9450

Well hoping with the introduction of raids wont ruin new chances for stuff lile tq/sw

(edited by pandas.9450)

in Guardian

Shanks.2907

Or it could just be aimed like how anyone using Orb of Light properly uses it. Would be nice to have ally targeting added in the expansion though.

Anyone using Orb of Light properly will detonate the orb to heal allies or use non-detonated orbs to deal more damage on the target. Bow skills don’t have that option which is why I’ve said it will be about as useful as a non-detonated Orb of Light.

Now, if the arrows exploded on the target for an AoE heal to those in melee range then I could see the skill actually being useful. I’m not hating on this just to hate, I’m simply saying it as I see it based on the leaked longbow skills.

These aren’t baseless assumptions if the leaked skills are true, like you’ve claimed them to be. It’s valid to base our speculation on this because if that leak is untrue, then this whole conversation is null and void. It’s not ridiculous in the least.

You say even if the specialization is garbage, guardian will be fine because the core will be unaffected. While it may be somewhat true, it would also put us further behind classes that get something actually good.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

Many replies here about axe, warhorn and “double shield” (WTF).

Who real plays Guardians knows that we need more ranged options and a more mobility specialization. Anet said that will implement the classes in what they are bad. So its not about Guardian concept… it will be another new class.

THE BOW WILL COME TO US.

Subdrop
SA Guardian

in Guardian

creepmatic.9435

Many replies here about axe, warhorn and “double shield” (WTF).

Who real plays Guardians knows that we need more ranged options and a more mobility specialization. Anet said that will implement the classes in what they are bad. So its not about Guardian concept… it will be another new class.

THE BOW WILL COME TO US.

Looks like you don’t really play Guardian.

in Guardian

Tiale.2430

Can’t wait to see LB guards in dungeons…

Sorry man, I don’t consider PVE players’s opinion. hahaha

I’m looking for some extra dinamics to fight other classes in PVP, not about support anything in a dungeon.

and here is the gif of guardian again.
http://i.imgur.com/rT2hdgE.gif

Subdrop
SA Guardian

(edited by Tiale.2430)

in Guardian

creepmatic.9435

Can’t wait to see LB guards in dungeons…

Sorry man, I don’t consider PVE players’s opinion. hahaha

I’m looking for some extra dinamics to fight other classes in PVP, not about support anything in a dungeon.

and here is the gif of guardian again.
http://i.imgur.com/rT2hdgE.gif

Wow, so yes I also do dungeons, I also do pvp, and I also roam sometimes with a WvW dedicated guild. That must make me very unique I guess. I’m not a pro pvp player but I played enough to champ up my main and the necro, and then some. True I haven’t been zerging In while now.

Anyways, like I explained above, can you please tell me what is going to be special about longbow guardian that the other professions can’t already do (assuming the leaked LB skills)? What special new role will the LB guardian take in WvW Zergs/havoc, or how will LB make guardian more viable in pvp and not bite on the existing professions.

People are enthusiastic about LB because they’re either rangers at heart or they don’t fell safe in melee and need an excuse to “Support” from afar. Please consider rerolling then.

in Guardian

Tiale.2430

Friend, its about the role and game pool.

I can talk for PVP.. We have 2 viable roles in the moment…
-Zerk meditation
-Cleric bunker
Have people that are trying to use celestial and condition builds in the moment, but its not viable in the competitive, because they don’t have much sustain like an El d/d, eng or war.
Maybe with the new spec we have more game play modes using celestial and condition builds, we need to wait to see the new traits too.

I chose Bow because we have only 1 weapon with long range, scepter, its better in the moment than in the past, but we can have another option.
We don’t need off hands because we have good ones, like focus.
Axe for what? do it will be a gap closer? more dps than sword?

Its not about “if i need a ranged weapon, i go to Ranger”. This is not the fact that a team choose the composition. Its about more strategy and different dynamics that you will encounter to fight. And more options to beat another class alone.

PVE- We really don’t need a guardian with longbow in the actual game, you need only to stack and do dps.
WvW- Guardian have a lot of space in the moment, i don’t know if longbow will be used in zerg fight, but in a roaming situation can be.

Subdrop
SA Guardian

(edited by Tiale.2430)

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

These aren’t baseless assumptions if the leaked skills are true, like you’ve claimed them to be. It’s valid to base our speculation on this because if that leak is untrue, then this whole conversation is null and void. It’s not ridiculous in the least.

You say even if the specialization is garbage, guardian will be fine because the core will be unaffected. While it may be somewhat true, it would also put us further behind classes that get something actually good.

They’re completely baseless. There are no known statistics on the longbow, only what the skills generally do. We have no idea how much the arrows heal for, or how big their hitbox is. For all we know the hitbox is enormous and easy to hit allies with.

My point was that whether the specialization is balanced or not is irrelevant to the argument for/against longbows in terms of play style. If it really is trash then yes, that’d suck, but it doesn’t actually provide anything to the debate.

Healing is nothing special in the game and expecting it to be anything good is silly.

You can think the guardian’s healing is weak if you want I guess. Not going to bother convincing you otherwise.

People are enthusiastic about LB because they’re either rangers at heart or they don’t fell safe in melee and need an excuse to “Support” from afar. Please consider rerolling then.

QQ more. I’m done bothering to argue about this.

in Guardian

Tiale.2430

What special new role will the LB guardian take in WvW Zergs/havoc, or how will LB make guardian more viable in pvp and not bite on the existing professions.

Its the same question for Engineer Hammer meele, necro great sword melee, ranger druid magical staff… we will only see the new rules when they come to the game, and a new meta will be created.

Subdrop
SA Guardian

(edited by Tiale.2430)

in Guardian

creepmatic.9435

I’ll QQ as long as it takes man. I still feel for this class, haven’t lost hope yet.
I know this LB thing can’t be true. My first hope was for a spear wielding specialization, but since spears aren’t coming on land, my second best is something in the likes of, our virtues become something like an energy/resource bar, we get sword off hand and specialize in offensive melee support, with fast attacks, you know, bring out that fighter monk out. With some buffing/debuffing auras for the party and all that good stuff.
Or use staff as a melee weapon, you know, the good stuff.