October 15th Balance - Skills Updates

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It’s time to take stock … It’s unreasonable to expect a single change to solve a problem like lacking damage in WvW or suffering through a metaphase with specific or lacking tools. We’ve played enough MMO’s to know that the answer isn’t the one we want to hear.

The leaked change simply turns a useless trait into something useful. Not in all situations mind you, but better than instant meditations, that’s for sure. Even someone who doesn’t give a rat’s behind about PVE can acknowledge that.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Keep in mind Monk’s focus scales 40% with healing power now.

What IF we went 20/0/30/15/5 with zerker trinkets, celestial gear, divinity runes and traited meditations. Wouldn’t we get healing, DPS, burst AND tanking all in 1 build?

Dodge healing should be close to 1k, prot and regen from virtues. We get some small sustain from zealous blade. Fury from meditations, about 90%+ crit dmg…

Just some small brain storming but I can see this opens up some possibilities.

Fury isn’t an offensive buff man. Didn’t you know?

You’re clueless. Your post history says so.

Fury is not a buff to offense

Very clueless.

Admitting it is a step in the right direction.

Now if we could only work on reading comprehension and keeping things in context… It’s a big step, I know, but stay with it!

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Amins.3710

It’s time to take stock … It’s unreasonable to expect a single change to solve a problem like lacking damage in WvW or suffering through a metaphase with specific or lacking tools. We’ve played enough MMO’s to know that the answer isn’t the one we want to hear.

The leaked change simply turns a useless trait into something useful. Not in all situations mind you, but better than instant meditations, that’s for sure. Even someone who doesn’t give a rat’s behind about PVE can acknowledge that.

If you feel it’s a positive change for PvE, that’s wonderful, as I’m truly glad they’re doing more for the PvE side of the game… it’s much needed.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

What IF we went 20/0/30/15/5 with zerker trinkets, celestial gear, divinity runes and traited meditations. Wouldn’t we get healing, DPS, burst AND tanking all in 1 build?

Dodge healing should be close to 1k, prot and regen from virtues. We get some small sustain from zealous blade. Fury from meditations, about 90%+ crit dmg…

Fury is not a buff to offense

Very clueless.

Admitting it is a step in the right direction.

Now if we could only work on reading comprehension and keeping things in context… It’s a big step, I know, but stay with it!

Best thing to do is just sip on some tea and wait for the patch to come out and see how this plays in with the rest of the update cause who knows what will happen. It might be the best buff for us in the world or it could turn out to be another indirect nerf due to some other changes who knows.

For the time being I will resume trapping people inside my ring of warding and enjoy the cage match that follows.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

He is right, fury is a offensive buff. Its a big buff, right handed strength trait is good right? I know I can see a difference in damage with it.

The way I see it is that every one of guardian’s utility skills are support oriented except meditations, signets and somewhat spirit weapons. So I don’t really see the problem with buffing one of the only skill types that are self sustaining.

I’m not sure want anet to do to be honest. I’m not sure what you are running in wvw? Is it shouts, meditations, signets or consecration or spirit weapons?

I think your standards are set way too high and its leading you to become very disappointed. Make your expectations much lower so when changes happen you aren’t that disappointed.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Frankly, I hardly ever use meditations, this patch may change that since I do use fury.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

Focused Mind now gives Fury? Mediations are now instant? I suppose these are both cool as I used Focus Mind specifically to use Smite Condition without interrupting my attacks. However, I do have a major concern. The “increase to support skills” had better be a major boost as there are plenty of skills that have little use.

Hallowed Ground may apply 10 seconds of Stability (+100% of SYG!), but it has a +166% longer cooldown of Stand Your Ground! It requires your allies to remain in the field, applies a single second per tick, and does not break stuns. Sanctuary is a tiny bubble with a long cooldown and a low heal that isn’t compariable to anything the class already has to offer. Judge’s Intervention could still use a cooldown reduction as it not only requires a target, but its cooldown is longer than any other teleport skill in the game. And Spirit Weapons, well, let’s just say there isn’t much of a reason to summon a floating sword that dies about as quick as a Phantasm with a much longer cooldown.

Shouts are still a go-to utility, and Signets to a lesser degree (I have been falling in love with Signet of Judgment recently). Tomes and Spirit Weapons generally fail. Mediations have varying success without traits and can have good support with heavy investment. Consecrations have mixed results, but generally improve with a smaller investment.

As for weapons, well, nothing was mentioned. I’d assume any fixes and a few number changes instead of real changes. Two-handed weapons reign over the others, off-handed weapons generally have mixed utility, and the main-handed weapons require a large trait investment usually giving poor results compared to the two-handed weapons. Sword needs general improvement (missing attacks with ease), Mace needs its support raised (blocks one attack if an ally trips) , and Scepter just needs to be reliable (Smite spreading damage). I’m not saying the other weapons are perfect. I have my concerns with each, especially Symbols in general, but I would much rather build another two-handed Guardian than feel disappointed with a one-handed build.

To be honestly, I’m quite done trying to suggest anything. There are dozens (if not nearing 100+) good suggestions for the Guardian on this board that get overlooked with each patch. Sure, ArenaNet can doll up Purging Flames to be a viable group Condition removal skill, but it still doesn’t bother to address some of the core issues the class has. All I hear from developer interviews is that the Guardian is a solid class when in reality, there are far more active classes in competitive environments than Guardian. Guardian may hold a firm grasp on one of the top-three classes in PvE, but that usually relies on the same gimmick for every build. I’m still holding myself away from sPvP until Guardian builds diversify enough for me to enjoy my primary profession.

There’s still a month before the update. I honestly hope it turns out better than the last big rebalance.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

^^ Basically sums it up in one nice little package, yet again.

Thanks for taking the time however, I feel, as it has many times over in the past, it will fall onto deaf ears.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

No where in this quote does it say we are fundamentally a support class.

While I agree with you the bottom line is they threw out the manifesto back when they let Ascended gear slip. The so called manifest was nothing more than snake oil and marketing to get the fringe players who wanted to “open world pvp”.

Static gear @ level 80 (e.g. exotic) being flat meant there was a one time buy in and you are set. Has we can all see now that isn’t the case. I don’t expect them to treat class arch type any differently.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

I had to log in and +1 Viral real quick.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I think the big problem with this update is that we are once again being pushed into a dependency on a x/x/30/30/x build, a build that is seemingly become more solidified than ever.

Where is the build diversity that you promised Anet?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

I think the big problem with this update is that we are once again being pushed into a dependency on a x/x/30/30/x build, a build that is seemingly become more solidified than ever.

Where is the build diversity that you promised Anet?

Taking a nap in a deck chair on a sandy beach in Ibiza with it’s cool man shades on while we chill at home deciding if we should eat beans on toast and watch the latest episode of <Insert Soul Draining TV Show Here>

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”