Patch 10-15 is not good for guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Is it only me or most of the guardian community seems to prefer WvW instead of sPvP?
Not a trick question, just a random thought.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

in Guardian

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Is it only me or most of the guardian community seems to prefer WvW instead of sPvP?

Well that is most of The Community not just guards. Reasons are numerous and well noted. Suffice to say there won’t be much of a shift there unless big shinies are given to Spvp.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

I’ve seen quite a few threads about sPvP on the thief section, but i just really follow the dungeon, guardian and sPvP forums… actually i just took a quick look on the other sections and yeah, you’re right there is alot more WvW than sPvP related stuff.
Anyhow what kind of shinies are you talking about? Rewards, game modes, something ladder related?
Also, while i do know that sPvP has severe flaws, there is alot more stuff bugging me out on WvW, but then again that may be just personal preference.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Our complication that we still have useless weapons(sword and shield)and utility skills(spirit weapons and signets) in WvWvW. And this stupid feel that if you want to be a team player and good player in your static\guild etc. you need to play with GS\STaff|Hammer…maybe mace+focus and use shouts+one consecration or meditation for solo or roaming. So we play in this builds one year ago…and Anet says to us “go on…love this gameplay and forgot about your profession others skills and weapons”

So…Yeah…I am angry!

Sword…..useless….lol

Outside 1 vs 1 is a very poor weapon, and even then the Warrior’s sword is much better tool for duels and roaming.

My main complaint about the current state of the Guardian class is that is inherently bad for roaming: no swiftness (outside using Traveler runes instead of Soldier/Melandru, which damages your support/survability), low health (which forces you to choose between having a decent health pool with bad dps or going for dps being glass cannon) no alternative source of damage (no bleed or venom, and fire isn’t a reliable source due Guardians doesn’t have any weapon which stacks fire with the auto attack).

So, you can use Guardians for providing team support (stability, protection, regeneration, retaliation… and of course Tome of Courage) in WvW raids, for bunkering in PvP and to provide Wall of Reflection in Fractals, and that’s all. Guardians aren’t required -or even demanded- for dungeons (which is fine for me since it gets boring after a while), but is a nasty class for roaming in small groups or alone due you can’t have sustained swiftness without taking sacrifices in you loadout, you can´t make a condition-based build, your ranged weapons are mediocre and you lack ranged AoE. You can’t also make a build based on sustained cc.

But I’m not crying: I have 5 characters at 80, so when I want to have fun I just put my -main- Guardian in a corner, I take my Warrior and I use my crit build, my bleed build or my stun build and I get that fun.

(edited by Buran.3796)

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

but.. but.. what about my sword/shield signet Guardian!?

kidding aside. both sword and shield, paired together i do not have the experience, but they are both very strong weapons, and used in various builds. signets are not the worst, but i do tend to struggle with picking up either bane or Judgment and if it’s worth over another utility. spirit weapons though, that’s something i’d like to see reworked and to be more than viable in well, any game setting (save SotA for fractals / dungeons).

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I’ve seen quite a few threads about sPvP on the thief section, but i just really follow the dungeon, guardian and sPvP forums… actually i just took a quick look on the other sections and yeah, you’re right there is alot more WvW than sPvP related stuff.
Anyhow what kind of shinies are you talking about? Rewards, game modes, something ladder related?
Also, while i do know that sPvP has severe flaws, there is alot more stuff bugging me out on WvW, but then again that may be just personal preference.

Well….(sigh not at you but the situation). It breaks down something like this. Early in in Anet’s adamant decision to make the game near linear all the way through many Pve balance choices were made based on Spvp balance only. This lead to quite a bbit of resentment from the PvE and WvW community. Note: the big monthly or bi monthly state of the gmae only involves hte Spvp community as representatives (A real shame if you ask me).

Because the game is simply point holding early on and today there are complaints about how limited the game is. Anet sticking to their E-Sport manifesto refused to put more popular game types (Death match, 1 v 1, capture the flag, etc.) into the game. Opting instead to add new maps (both of which had/have issues). This decision has not gone over well.

Early on a new players in Spvp would have a kitten build to start with and be tossed into a big map. Often classes like mesmer, warrior, and thief would utterly dominate them making short work of the new player. this lead to much griping and made Spvp a big turn off for many.

In Anet’s decision to make Spvp a separate environment from PvE they decided that no money (outside early paid tourney chest) or experience would be shared between the worlds. This means that essentially Spvp is an entitety unto itself in this game. It stands on it’s own merits and thus has a small pop. this leads to the issue that spvp doesn’t really contribute to your advancement in general (armor, weapons, etc before AP rewards of course and even then) outside your finisher (more on this after). So there is no real connect between the hours you put in to Spvp and the hours you put into dungeons and WvW.

Recently PvE players have started farming for ranks making the effort put into getting ranks worthless. What used to be a mark of honor (through your finisher or title) is now meaningless as players can simply farm something that is in part meant to be skill based.

Shinies are loot. Spvp provides no loot you can use outside of it (dyes and bags but not armor, jewelry or weapons). When you could get laurels from both monthlies players would jump into Spvp just to get them (can’t anymore). The Spvp community begged Anet to incentivize Spvp for the casual community so they would have more bodies but Anet has stuck firm to their policy.

Ohh I could actually keep going but there’s no point. The kitten list for Spvp probably require 3 rolls or more of Charmin.

Outside 1 vs 1 is a very poor weapon, and even then the Warrior’s sword is much better tool for duels and roaming.

Not disagreeing with your full list of complaints. However, Sword is a good roaming weapon. No not better than warrior’s sword but yes a good roaming weapon.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Our complication that we still have useless weapons(sword and shield)and utility skills(spirit weapons and signets) in WvWvW. And this stupid feel that if you want to be a team player and good player in your static\guild etc. you need to play with GS\STaff|Hammer…maybe mace+focus and use shouts+one consecration or meditation for solo or roaming. So we play in this builds one year ago…and Anet says to us “go on…love this gameplay and forgot about your profession others skills and weapons”

So…Yeah…I am angry!

Sword…..useless….lol

My main complaint about the current state of the Guardian class is that is inherently bad for roaming: no swiftness (outside using Traveler runes instead of Soldier/Melandru, which damages your support/survability), low health (which forces you to choose between having a decent health pool with bad dps or going for dps being glass cannon) no alternative source of damage (no bleed or venom, and fire isn’t a reliable source due Guardians doesn’t have any weapon which stacks fire with the auto attack).

So, you can use Guardians for providing team support (stability, protection, regeneration, retaliation… and of course Tome of Courage) in WvW raids, for bunkering in PvP and to provide Wall of Reflection in Fractals, and that’s all. Guardians aren’t required -or even demanded- for dungeons (which is fine for me since it gets boring after a while), but is a nasty class for roaming in small groups or alone due you can’t have sustained swiftness without taking sacrifices in you loadout, you can´t make a condition-based build, your ranged weapons are mediocre and you lack ranged AoE. You can’t also make a build based on sustained cc.

But I’m not crying: I have 5 characters at 80, so when I want to have fun I just put my -main- Guardian in a corner, I take my Warrior and I use my crit build, my bleed build or my stun build and I get that fun.

Guardians do have alternate sources of damage: Spirit Weapons. But the survivability of spirit weapons are so bad, no one uses them. And I don’t blame them.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I think the writing is kinda on the wall for Guardians. Going to level my Warrior up as it is just so much better at nearly everything.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

I’m a necro, and this thread is non-stop hilarity for me to read.

in Guardian

Posted by: Irsei.6802

Irsei.6802

Wow, guardians get buffs and you guys cry. This is down right pathetic. Some of you need to get off your duffs and play a profession that takes skill to accomplish what guardians can face role. You guardians and warriors have no idea how good you have it. Reading this thread is like dealing with my kids. 1 has a birthday and gets a gift and the other 4 act like jerks because they didn’t get anything. Every last one of you complainers need the same thing my kids get.

“Honey, bring me my belt so I can tend to these spoiled brats”

Ohh yes coming from a Engi who just got a mega love patch….you think we wouldn’t look at your past posts to see your a engi player… wow…

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

I still don’t see myself taking anything but shouts and meditations and maybe wall of reflection for a giggle here and there shrug

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Irsei.6802

I think the writing is kinda on the wall for Guardians. Going to level my Warrior up as it is just so much better at nearly everything.

This will be the most common thought process… And if things are left as is next year guardians will be played by a few because people want a few things they do but they wont enjoy playing the pigeon holed play style.. but someone has to so you stuck….

I have to keep saying it… You have to watch the dev video. When talking about guardians they were like football players talking about my little pony and they knew so little about the class they couldn’t find one of the skills they just buffed!

Then they got to the Warrior part….. The Devs were super pumped active excited! You have to watch the video to see what I am saying.. or heck listen.. you can hear the excitement about warriors and the who gives a crap when talking about guardians.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Shield useless? Its not has good has the stupid Focus but it is far from useless

I do wish they would add a utility or side effect to it when it is out such has placing a guard feature you can place on a partner to intercept a blow if you are within x area of them. It is somewhat lack luster but man, when you play the map right and people don’t have stability up….people fall off dangerous and high places to their deaths. Much like the Lemmings Disney threw off the cliffs in that movie we watched years ago in elementary school

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Well, at least we have that res skill as an aoe ground target, that’ll come in useful. 8^D

in Guardian

Irsei.6802

Well well… now we know.. shelf that guardian and pull out that warrior… because it doesnt look like guardians will be brought up to par anytime soon……

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

What a Joke….

Thought I’d come back for the patch…

Nope. Not going to happen. We actually got a nerf due to PoV.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

What a Joke….

Whenever people make statements like this I am always wondering what part of the game they are talking about. For WvW, I can see this as being a big nerf to people who rely on it. But for PVE, the 10/30/0/10/20 type builds are still going strong. I’m glad I switched to that when I did. The DPS is so nice from that line, and it makes you skill change a lot more to fit particular situations. With purging flame removing 3 conditions on cast, you can do a fair amount of team condi removal in a stack without even traiting for team condi removal.

For PVE, guardians are in the same place in my eyes. For WvW, I only solo/small group roam and will be switching to a burst build(instant meditations and fury access should be interesting for WvW).

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

What a Joke….

I don’t get it though. Seems like your Zealous Defender could get some entertaining play out of the meditation change.

It is far from insignificant, but I think that we’ll be able to work around the PoV nerf. I think it will hit group contribution harder actual guardian survivability.

Are you crazy? We actually get some consistent and reliable accesses to fury, and you’re complaining? My Guardian can already heal better and take more damage than any Warrior, but now I can make use of my +30% crit damage with constant fury. This patch is huge, at least for me.

Either way, how about you way for the patch notes, huh? The devs said like 100 times that they didn’t mention all the changes, just be patient.

I can understand why people are not that excited. I can definitely understand why guardians, who can be hit really hard by conditions, may be a little bitter at their already meager defense against conditions being nerfed. It really only benefits WvW duelers, spvpers, and small group roaming guardians. A meditation build would really only be useful at those two things. Meditation builds just don’t bring a lot to the table in a lot of areas of the game.

Most people are in the position of seeing a build that they don’t play get a decent buff while the build that they do play takes a nerf.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in Guardian

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Funny. Looks a bit like some kind of mirror image to this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-play-anything-besides-guardian/first

LOL sorry but read it and they are just being stupid. Passive healing… warrior wins… shout heals now heal for a great amount for a aoe. Great buffs with banners. Higher health pool to take advantage of the best passive healing in game! Best burst dps in game. Condition spec is super dangerous.

Guardians have protetion.. which is only up a very small % of the time.. I will take a passive 400hps heal with no healing over our protection.

If more was comming to guardians they would have talked about it in the pod cast but they were so illiterate about guardians one of the skills they buffed they couldn’t even find it….

It is obvious the devs dont care and are just plain ignoring guardian problems.. just wish I would have known that guardians would be the forgotten class (ever game ends up with 1 class that is obvious the black sheep no dev cares about) so I could have put all my time into making gear and farming gear for my Warrior. But hey after having to play 2 x as hard to keep a guardian competitive I feel like I am on easy mode when I play my warrior who is less equip t.

I can sympathize with your feelings that warriors outclass you(warriors seem to be A-Nets golden child), but you have to stop with the QQ about guardians being useless. They are still a required class in every aspect of the game.

They’re not required, they’re playable. There’s a big difference. You don’t require a guardian to complete dungeons. No one class is required in PvE. Some classes are sought after in WvW for one or two skills that can tip a battle in your favor. Veil anyone? That doesn’t mean it’s required. It also doesn’t mean that people want to play a ‘bot’ class that’s only good for one or two specific things.

Guardians are being shafted atm. They suffered from new player syndrome. They are the easiest class to bunker and dominate on against new players and therefore got little-to-no attention with trait/skill revamps. Play against someone who knows their options and has a solid build and you’re done. The only thing you can hope for is to either be a PvE-hero or play sPvP and cover points until your allies arrive.

I don’t believe you. It is widely known that Guardians bring excellent support and utility for PvE, while also providing above average dps. Every spvp tournament I have ever seen featured 1-2 guardians per team. There are tons of them in wvw not only for spreading boons and healing.

I am not saying you are the best class in the game or anything, but to say guardians suck is complete hilarity. Try playing a Necro or ranger in pve, now that is what i would call being shafted.

If you really think the necro is terrible in PvE you’re not playing a support/heal necro. I’ve got a “Healmancer” right now and he friggin rocks. Yeah condis are a bit lacking in PvE and necros are a condi-heavy utility class. That’s the main problem with this game though, the condis from weapons vs. the condis from utilities. It effects necro the most, but other classes as well.

My main is a warrior, not a guardian but that shouldn’t even matter. The fact that you use the phrase “you are the best class” when referring to guardians is the issue here. If you take class choice personally you’re blinded to the real pros and cons of the class. I don’t identify with class. I am ME, not a warrior. There are just classes that I like to play more than others.

in Guardian

Redscope.6215

Well that is most of The Community not just guards. Reasons are numerous and well noted. Suffice to say there won’t be much of a shift there unless big shinies are given to Spvp.

Not to derail here, but only the people who already like sPvP want shinies.

In order to make people want sPvP that don’t already, you have to let them play their builds. The build limitation is what is killing sPvP atm. sPvP = Play this, not that. WvW = Play how you want.

in Guardian

Interceptor.2653

If you really think the necro is terrible in PvE you’re not playing a support/heal necro. I’ve got a “Healmancer” right now and he friggin rocks. Yeah condis are a bit lacking in PvE and necros are a condi-heavy utility class. That’s the main problem with this game though, the condis from weapons vs. the condis from utilities. It effects necro the most, but other classes as well.

Necromancer’s class-defining ability — condition manipulation — is lackluster in PvE. Everything else they do is either irrelevant (tanking) or done better by another class.

Someone is not out of their tree for looking at this landscape and coming to the conclusion that Necros got shafted. Because they did. Get shafted.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

support/heal necro.

Oh man… This statement might make me start kicking necros on first contact…

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Interceptor.2653

support/heal necro.

Oh man… This statement might make me start kicking necros on first contact…

We should call it a “leech” Necromancer, because then it has a cute double-meaning that’s technically true.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

What a Joke….

I don’t get it though. Seems like your Zealous Defender could get some entertaining play out of the meditation change.

It is far from insignificant, but I think that we’ll be able to work around the PoV nerf. I think it will hit group contribution harder actual guardian survivability.

Are you crazy? We actually get some consistent and reliable accesses to fury, and you’re complaining? My Guardian can already heal better and take more damage than any Warrior, but now I can make use of my +30% crit damage with constant fury. This patch is huge, at least for me.

Either way, how about you way for the patch notes, huh? The devs said like 100 times that they didn’t mention all the changes, just be patient.

As always, WvW only.

5s of Fury is meh.

Here’s the bottom line as to why it’s “Meh”…. 3 other classes basically give perma fury up while running in a group…. thus, a ZERO SUM ‘buff’.

Sure the fury will be nice for 1v1’s… lawl. DuelWars2.

Outside of that, this patch was utter crap for Guardians.

Did we really need more buff’s to Consecrations? I mean, they basically buffed an area of play that we already dominated… POINT CONTROL.

In fact, it was a huge nerf to our small grp roaming support, which is all we really had going for us in this incredibly STUPID condi meta.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

I cannot believe people actually complain in this section.

You have amazing trait lines, heavy armor, awesome skills, and 3 signets as your class mechanic.

How can you whine about being underpowered?

in Guardian

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

No I think we should stop with the BUFF ME NAO trend

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Guardian

Irsei.6802

You have amazing trait lines, heavy armor, awesome skills, and 3 signets as your class mechanic.

Another troll engi who just got one of the biggest buff patches for his class.. come over knowing nothing about how guardians are played and tells us we are great… go back under the bridge troll….

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

^^ I’m not a troll engi … I see nothing but nice buffs in this patch (PoV isn’t a nerf, it’s a BUG that got fixed). I live under the same bridge as other Guardians. Where should I go?

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

The patch could have been worse, they could actually have nerfed something through the ground like the warr’s Empower Allies. As for the rest, the consecration changes look partly interesting, the other notes just make me yawn.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Irsei.6802

Another troll engi who just got one of the biggest buff patches for his class.. come over knowing nothing about how guardians are played and tells us we are great… go back under the bridge troll….

They fixed fundamental design flaws that have existed since release, and buffed something so that you don’t need to trait into it for it to be viable.

And they also broke turrets.

Guardians are one of the best classes in the game. Stop complaining.

LOL troll on troll… can anyone lead this troll back to his bridge? We have tons of borked stuff in our class and none of it got fixed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

So why should we complain about being pushed from shout builds to consecration builds to deal with conditions? Despite the new buffs to 2 consecrations (not bad buffs either, but not great in hallowed grounds case) they are still lackluster in trait synergy (AH, boon duration) have long cool downs, can be interrupted, no stun breakers, traits exist in a non-stat tree, and they require stationary game play.

As for Meditation burst builds, can’t complain really. You end up with about 9 seconds Fury because almost everyone chains JI with Smite Condition. That should be enough to cover the duration of your burst. Hope it gives you a couple extra crits.

Are they better than they were? Yes. Do we benefit from the changes in the instances when we might use them? Yes. Are we better off today than we were yesterday? Not in both cases, no.

in Guardian

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

i wvw only and this patch hits me harder than miley’s wrecking ball. i solo roam with pure of voice but now to counter the stupid condis i have to use soldier runes which kitten up my build hard so yeah.. no more roaming for me. thanks anet

Roleplayer.

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

PoV was bugged it was only supposed to to convert one condition to a boon and that’s it. The fact that it removed another condition was a freeby. To actually expect it to stay as it was is pretty amazing. Will i miss it? Yes, but the free ride is over.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_of_Voice

in Guardian

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

perhaps they shouldnt buff necros that much

Roleplayer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

People are generally not happy with the Condition Meta. Everything in your pvp build has to go towards removing them. Nothing in the patch helps with this. The POV ‘fix’ means now you will have to find even more removal from somewhere else. The more you have to build to counter conditions the less fun you have. There is the whole story, less fun for the forseeable future. Nothing in the patch that is going to help improve things for the forseeable future.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

And because of that my guardian is shelved. Because I’ve invested nearly all my play time (and gear) into him, and because it would take months to get an alt equally geared, I’m jut shelving the entire game.

gG Anet.

in Guardian

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

You are shelving your class because it didn’t get buffed enough? Good lord.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

The pov “fix” screwed us over so badly, it was almost the only thing keeping us slightly afloat in this kitten condition meta, hell, its not even worth the grandmaster, Maybe a 20 point trait, or even a 25 minor would suit it better.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

You are shelving your class because it didn’t get buffed enough? Good lord.

No, that isn’t what he said. His play style has been changed, right or wrong, and he doesn’t want to level an alt. Those who put a lot of their effort into one character / class (I put myself into that category) tend to have these problems. You have x amount of time, put all of it into one class, class maintains status quo while others get bumps, well, do the math. Sometimes it is easier to walk or take a break than put that much time and money into the next character. I mean think about it. Exotics are not it anymore you now have accessories and weapons. How many weapons are in your bag?

I see both sides and it is a bit frustrating being (my opinion) one of the, if not only, well balanced class in this game.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

It hasn’t even been a day yet. Let things settle before you blow a fuse and overreact.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

It hasn’t even been a day yet. Let things settle before you blow a fuse and overreact.

You are new to the internet, aren’t you?

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

You are new to the internet, aren’t you?

No, I just don’t think people should be given a free pass to be irrational just because it’s a forum.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Redscope.6215

Necromancer’s class-defining ability — condition manipulation — is lackluster in PvE. Everything else they do is either irrelevant (tanking) or done better by another class.

Someone is not out of their tree for looking at this landscape and coming to the conclusion that Necros got shafted. Because they did. Get shafted.

Firstly, condi manip doesn’t define the necro. Death Shroud is his mechanic and condi application is his strong point. Secondly, read my post and you’ll find the actual PvE problem with the class. Necros are far and away the best condi application class in utilities. The issue is that the majority of condis come from weapon skills. Many of his strongest utils are condi-heavy but are easily overshadowed by the constant application of almost any known condition via auto-attacks of every other class in the game.

That happens to be the current problem with the condi meta in PvP as well.

As far as “everything else they do” … all classes can tank, DPS, or support. Some better than others in areas, but your best PvE builds are supportive self-sufficient builds for all classes. The only people looking for a “tank” or a “DPS” class in their group are the bads who can’t stop playing WoW.

Honestly someone stop me from feeding the necro troll in the guard forum. I need to schedule a meeting with TFA (Troll Feeders Anonymous).

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Pure of voice was in the fix suggestion post for 3 months+ in the guardian forums, any guardian who didn’t see this coming (you guys know you were removing 2 instead of 1) are just dumb and was enjoying the free ride. How is any guardian surprised to see this, especially ones that should be keeping up on their own traits?

It will take awhile for guardian players to catch on to the significant changes presented in this patch.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

I’m a necro, and this thread is non-stop hilarity for me to read.

Yeah, it’s kinda like how the necro forums looked a few months ago when they were in a bad place.

Enjoy your spot at the top, with your bud the Warrior!

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Guardian

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

It is obvious the devs dont care and are just plain ignoring guardian problems.. just wish I would have known that guardians would be the forgotten class (ever game ends up with 1 class that is obvious the black sheep no dev cares about)

Lol? Are you sure about that statement? Because I’ve played a Necro since release and can tell you we’ve probably received far less love than the Guardian has. And let’s not forget Engies, Rangers, etc.

I don’t think they ignore Guardian at all, but there’s one thing I will agree on, and that is that they do seem to have their favourites. If things continue the way they are, I wouldn’t be surprised if 80% of the players just re-roll to Warrior….

in Guardian

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

They fixed fundamental design flaws that have existed since release, and buffed something so that you don’t need to trait into it for it to be viable.

And they also broke turrets.

Guardians are one of the best classes in the game. Stop complaining.

Yeah this guy posted in Engi forums too. Seeing as I main both Guard and Engi, in my opinion Engineer is in a MUCH better spot than Guard currently.

Turrets have always been completely borked, just like Guardian spirit weapons, let’s just accept it and move on.

P.S. 3 signets as a class mechanic? Hmm

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

You have amazing trait lines

Zeal.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Interceptor.2653

Firstly, condi manip doesn’t define the necro. Death Shroud is his mechanic and condi application is his strong point.

DS is defining in that it’s unique, but is really nothing other than an extra health bar and skillset. Necromancers are strong at condition manipulation, it’s what they do best and what actually defines them as a class in terms of what they bring to a group. Conditions are underpowered in PvE (OK for carebear open world, but bad for boss events and dungeons), everything else that Necros bring is either irrelevant or done better by someone else. If you brought your silly heal Necro into any of my groups, I’d kick you so fast your head would spin.

As far as “everything else they do” … all classes can tank, DPS, or support. Some better than others in areas, but your best PvE builds are supportive self-sufficient builds for all classes. The only people looking for a “tank” or a “DPS” class in their group are the bads who can’t stop playing WoW.

Tanking is worthless because of aggro mechanics, but DPS is king. If you aren’t bringing damage, you are a leech. Do as much damage as possible, while providing maximum possible group support and only running enough sustain to keep from getting splattered like roadkill.

If I do that on my Guard or my Thief, I am awesomesauce. If I try that on my Necro, I am a waste of a party slot. Necro doesn’t have the tools or the power.

Necros need PvE help.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

Well….(sigh not at you but the situation). It breaks down something like this. Early in in Anet’s adamant decision to make the game near linear all the way through many Pve balance choices were made based on Spvp balance only. This lead to quite a bbit of resentment from the PvE and WvW community. Note: the big monthly or bi monthly state of the gmae only involves hte Spvp community as representatives (A real shame if you ask me).

Because the game is simply point holding early on and today there are complaints about how limited the game is. Anet sticking to their E-Sport manifesto refused to put more popular game types (Death match, 1 v 1, capture the flag, etc.) into the game. Opting instead to add new maps (both of which had/have issues). This decision has not gone over well.

Early on a new players in Spvp would have a kitten build to start with and be tossed into a big map. Often classes like mesmer, warrior, and thief would utterly dominate them making short work of the new player. this lead to much griping and made Spvp a big turn off for many.

In Anet’s decision to make Spvp a separate environment from PvE they decided that no money (outside early paid tourney chest) or experience would be shared between the worlds. This means that essentially Spvp is an entitety unto itself in this game. It stands on it’s own merits and thus has a small pop. this leads to the issue that spvp doesn’t really contribute to your advancement in general (armor, weapons, etc before AP rewards of course and even then) outside your finisher (more on this after). So there is no real connect between the hours you put in to Spvp and the hours you put into dungeons and WvW.

Recently PvE players have started farming for ranks making the effort put into getting ranks worthless. What used to be a mark of honor (through your finisher or title) is now meaningless as players can simply farm something that is in part meant to be skill based.

Shinies are loot. Spvp provides no loot you can use outside of it (dyes and bags but not armor, jewelry or weapons). When you could get laurels from both monthlies players would jump into Spvp just to get them (can’t anymore). The Spvp community begged Anet to incentivize Spvp for the casual community so they would have more bodies but Anet has stuck firm to their policy.

Ohh I could actually keep going but there’s no point. The kitten list for Spvp probably require 3 rolls or more of Charmin.

Not disagreeing with your full list of complaints. However, Sword is a good roaming weapon. No not better than warrior’s sword but yes a good roaming weapon.

Jesus i wish they would make a thread of this post in the sPvP forums. Its pretty much the sum of everything that is an issue with sPvP