PoV getting "fixed" on Oct 15 balance patch

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Pure-of-voice-bug-gamebreaking-if-true

Let another nerf come this way

(Yeah yeah I know its a fix but considering the condi heavy meta, that bug was a blessing, for as long as it lasted)

Guess I will throw in Purging flames now and not bother going past 20 points in honor. Or kittening bypass honor altogether and stack Valkyrie gear and roll 2 meds

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

I never really liked any shout aside from SYG on PvP, guess my opinion won’t change anytime soon, lol.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

If you never went 30 points on honor, you prolly won’t need to now.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Peters is really out of touch or maybe he likes the condition meta of this game.

The bug was a saving grace in what would otherwise be a terribad experience.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

You guys are hilarious. Buffing only one set of skills so that this is all you use isn’t what Anet wants to do. They want you to mix it up and that’s why they will fix this and buff Consecrations.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

You guys are hilarious. Buffing only one set of skills so that this is all you use isn’t what Anet wants to do. They want you to mix it up and that’s why they will fix this and buff Consecrations.

Consecrations suck. And will suck after the patch. And the traits that buff them are in an even suckier tree. Any skill that can not be casted every 20-30 seconds and is limited to a spot on the ground is useless in anything but pve.

J sharp is the master of making sucky skills and making good skills suckier is not going to change that.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Yep, what people don’t realise is that every utility A net is “buffing” is beyond worthless right now while they are nerfing our most useful ones through the PoV fix.

Do you really think people will stop using shouts after this update? At most they will throw purging flames in their build to make up for their lack of condi removal but all this does is actually forces players to give up either SY or Stand your ground.

Oh ya and if ur not using traveler runes you also wanna toss in retreat in there, so 4 shouts for only 2 utility slots instead of 3. I call this a nerf

in Guardian

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Guys…. it was a recent bug. You’re acting like it existed since the start of the game.
Further more:

• Builds will go back to the previous evolution or remain unchanged,
    - Bunker Guard 103030
    - DPS 530305
  • Sanctuary is amazing, don’t downplay it as a consecration, it is one of the best Guardian skills.

We will lose a choice of Lyssa runes for DPS and the 530305 Bunker build (which imo is inferior to 103030 or 553030 anyway). The bug gave us a few more options and although I personally was hoping it was intentional, it isn’t terrible for us.

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

If the Conditions were not so out of control, I wouldn’t fuss too much. But Anet has kittened that up royally.

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Big mistake, mostly in terms of WvW.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Its actually useful when it removes an extra condition, especially in this extremely heavy condition meta, its going to be a royal pain in the kitten loosing that extra Needed condition removal

in Guardian

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Waiting to see if it makes more sense in the grand scheme.

“Fixing/Nerfing” it alone is bad, due to rampant conditions and the unbalance between applications and removals.

If on 15th conditions get their fair share of shaving, then i could be fine with this.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Guardian

Dirame.8521

Consecrations suck. And will suck after the patch. And the traits that buff them are in an even suckier tree. Any skill that can not be casted every 20-30 seconds and is limited to a spot on the ground is useless in anything but pve.

J sharp is the master of making sucky skills and making good skills suckier is not going to change that.

He’s not making any good skill “suckier”, he is just returning the status quo.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Waiting to see if it makes more sense in the grand scheme.

“Fixing/Nerfing” it alone is bad, due to rampant conditions and the unbalance between applications and removals.

If on 15th conditions get their fair share of shaving, then i could be fine with this.

100% correct. As long as conditions get somewhat of a nerf on the 15th, then I’m also fine with it. As of right now it’s pretty much needed, and you still have problems with conditions. That just proves how out of hand they are.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

noooooo my POV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Guardian

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

i w8 for 15th october balance patch if they wont repair guardian and bring another nerfs i will start play warrior because right now he is 100% better that guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

This is hardly surprising. Anet can’t be expected to leave a major bug with significant balance implications unfixed when doing a balance patch.

I’m going to wait and see what’s in the patch notes. You really can’t judge the implications of a change like this without considering the other things that will be changing along with it.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

in Guardian

Posted by: BluePheonix.8972

BluePheonix.8972

You can tell they’ll need to fix this again later on…

Sylvari Guardian FTW

in Guardian

Posted by: Dico.4815

Dico.4815

ANET sucks. Condition meta will be more op now

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Arenanet need more PVP developers.

They are killing the pvp game and wvw force us to play a HYPER structured meta in a sPvP.

I am waiting for the next mmorpg pvp game, with real open world pvp. I miss so hard the wow and ultima online free pvp…

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

Guys…. it was a recent bug. You’re acting like it existed since the start of the game.

And you’re implying everybody played since the start of the game, or that the condition meta was also there since launch. It is totally understandable to see people upset about this change.

in Guardian

urieldhynne.2743

This is hardly surprising. Anet can’t be expected to leave a major bug with significant balance implications unfixed when doing a balance patch.

I’m going to wait and see what’s in the patch notes. You really can’t judge the implications of a change like this without considering the other things that will be changing along with it.

Yes, they will improve Purging flames for sPvP. I dont see it useful in wvw, because is a stationary skill and wvw is about mobility. But arenanet dont care about wvw, or free pvp. They want structured things easy to balance.

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

With 1 button you (You’re playing Necro – I clicked your sig) spam all conditions on someone and with a second press you spread them ALL to 5 others. And guardians have to mix it up to compete?! WHY US?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

And you’re implying everybody played since the start of the game, or that the condition meta was also there since launch. It is totally understandable to see people upset about this change.

He’s not, but that the same time, people need to have REASONABLE expectations that bugs get fixed, EVEN if they are beneficial to the player. The upset people better get over themselves if bug fixes make them upset.

What people SHOULD be upset about is that they need to exploit bugs to address the current PVP meta, NOT that Anet is fixing the bugs.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

Know what anet could’ve done long ago? Updated the tooltip, tah-dah. Cleansing spam is the best thing guardians have against heavy conditions, since we can’t spam anything but blinds and burns to “fit the meta”, you take that away and it is a nerf, and one that we didn’t need. I’ll just watch what happens after Oct 15, but there is no way to be sure that this is an acceptable change.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Anet could have done alot of things that aren’t worth discussing but one thing they SHOULD do is fix bugs.

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Eh, no point in whining about this. Yeh it was nice, but it is a bug and not working as intended.

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

So discussing any balance issues with PoV ins’t worth even after a dev mentioned it? Whoah.

in Guardian

urieldhynne.2743

Eh, no point in whining about this. Yeh it was nice, but it is a bug and not working as intended.

The guardians players are angry about it because the guard right now has only two real viable build, a lot of bad placed crappy traits, lack of softCC, gap closer, conditions and range. And have a tier 3 of health that force you to build vitality instead of damage and if you are tanky you have no damage at all.

And they will gonna buff consecration for sPvP in compensation. In wvw consecration is useless because is pure stationary and you need a lot of mobility in zerg or roaming gameplay.

I am not gonna to play my guardian until real buff. I am gonna to focus on my warrior for zerg and roaming. After the patch all my gold is for more warrior builds.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

So discussing any balance issues with PoV ins’t worth even after a dev mentioned it? Whoah.

This isn’t a balance issue with PoV. It’s a balance issue with WvW.

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

Which, for us, falls directly into PoV. Because aside from smite condition we only have lyssa runes and PoV as reliable, on demand, condition removal tools (seriously, we have 3 other sources but they’re highly unreliable, and one of them requires you to use a greatsword).

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

So your stance is … as long as WvW is in current meta, it’s OK for us to have bugs to exploit …

You haven’t been gaming long have you.

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

My stance is – PoV removing two conditions is fine and shouldn’t be nerfed the way things are right now.
For me it looks like you didn’t played any non-casual pvp game. “It is a bug, so it should be corrected even if it screws the balance even more”. PoV removing two conditions wasn’t game breaking, nor overpowered, hence why i’m against this change.

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

The guardians players are angry about it because the guard right now has only two real viable build, a lot of bad placed crappy traits, lack of softCC, gap closer, conditions and range. And have a tier 3 of health that force you to build vitality instead of damage and if you are tanky you have no damage at all.

And they will gonna buff consecration for sPvP in compensation. In wvw consecration is useless because is pure stationary and you need a lot of mobility in zerg or roaming gameplay.

I am not gonna to play my guardian until real buff. I am gonna to focus on my warrior for zerg and roaming. After the patch all my gold is for more warrior builds.

Doesn’t matter. It was a bug and not working correctly. It would be better to suggest correctly working alternatives instead of whining about a bug being fixed.

All of you “I am not going to play x profession anymore until xxxx” make me laugh. I play my guardian regardless of what they do and I am good at it regardless of what they do.

in Guardian

urieldhynne.2743

Doesn’t matter. It was a bug and not working correctly. It would be better to suggest correctly working alternatives instead of whining about a bug being fixed.

All of you “I am not going to play x profession anymore until xxxx” make me laugh. I play my guardian regardless of what they do and I am good at it regardless of what they do.

You dont understand, yes is a bug but right now, with the OUT OF CONTROL condition meta, is really necessary to improve the condition removal. Is ok if arenanet fix it, but they need to rebalance the class to have better condition removal tool.

Is true we will get a buff on consecration, but the reality is consecration dont work well on wvw. They are fixing the bug, and give us a buff on consecration FOR sPVP and holding points for dealt with the condition meta. In wvw the guard is no more than a zerg support (a great one, but only that) and in roaming is in the trash tier. You CANT dealt vs a good condition player without a really good condition removal or enough damage to make them play defensively.

This force me to play with meditation, lyssa runes and absolute resolution, but i am too boring to this, i prefer to play a op profession right now because arenanet fail in understand the wvw with bad balanced mechanics, leagues and that bloodlust buff. They are killing wvw. Right now in low tiers wvw bl are a desert.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

For me it looks like you didn’t played any non-casual pvp game.

I have, and it has taught me that any bugs that can be exploited for PVP should be removed … much faster than Anet has done with this one in fact.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

The sad part is that it wasn’t even remotely OP with 2 conditions being removed. Warriors with warhorn are far superior at condition removal than guardians, but it’s so insignificant that no one on the warrior forum even notices this kind of thing. It literally took weeks and no one believed it because no one runs warhorn, and still no one does even with 2 conditions being removed.

This change makes me sad. I was seriously not really happy with my warrior until the bug came in, then I felt more useful with strong condition removal. I suspect the amount I play will decline. Yes, it’s a bug. But it was a bug that made a weak trait that sacrificed a lot into something halfway decent.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

The sad part is that people think condition removal is an effective solution to conditions. Tell me honestly … are you HAPPY that you have to stack condition removal to have fun in the current meta? If not, then you have every reason to support this fix because allowing it to persist will only reinforce your support for the current state of the game.

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

For me it looks like you didn’t played any non-casual pvp game.

I have, and it has taught me that any bugs that can be exploited for PVP should be removed … much faster than Anet has done with this one in fact.

If you can’t see how this change hurts anyone playing a shout based guardian in PvP then there’s nothing for me to do here, but before i go i’ll throw something here (i’m not sure if you’ll follow the example, but it’s worth a shot) – I remember when Corki was applying more armor reduction on his machine gun than the intended, Riot fixed it, just to, 1 or 2 patches after, change it back since his damage was lackluster without the extra armor reduction. Right now, anet is going to do the same thing if they fail to “fix” the condition spam, or worse, they’ll just nerf and leave at that. It is a bad design decision and “correcting the tooltip” would’ve been better for the time being.

in Guardian

Dirame.8521

With 1 button you (You’re playing Necro – I clicked your sig) spam all conditions on someone and with a second press you spread them ALL to 5 others. And guardians have to mix it up to compete?! WHY US?

Don’t Guardians have 1 button that pulls all conditions from everyone? And another button that turns all of those into boons?

And to see only 1 vid and assume I play only Necro is just silly. If you really checked out my youtube channel you’d see that I’ve had a video for pretty much EVERY CLASS!

in Guardian

urieldhynne.2743

Don’t Guardians have 1 button that pulls all conditions from everyone? And another button that turns all of those into boons?

And to see only 1 vid and assume I play only Necro is just silly. If you really checked out my youtube channel you’d see that I’ve had a video for pretty much EVERY CLASS!

Yes, on 40+ sec CD and you need 2 utility slot for that. After that you are free to spam condition and they cant handle it.

The guard have a really low health, and relative low damage, and relies a lot in healing (that you can counter with poison spamming), is very weak if they cant remove conditions fast.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I’m actually getting tired of having to stack condi-removal on nearly every skill I have. While this was a nice bug, it wasn’t intended. It’s interesting because even with the bug, it still wasn’t enough against the current meta. I hope something else is done to address it.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

If you can’t see how this change hurts anyone playing a shout based guardian in PvP then there’s nothing for me to do here,

I see how it hurts … I also see how it hurts MORE to not fix it. Again, I doubt HIGHLY that Guardians PVPing like stacking condition removal so this NEEDS to be fixed. If anything this bug shows just how useless stacking removal actually is.

in Guardian

urieldhynne.2743

The solution should be a better condition apply and re apply system, no this mediocre one.

Condition meta is out of control because how the condition system works. It will pass from overpower to useless, if the only solution is add or remove condition removal tools.

Fix the condition mechanic. Then fix the bug.

in Guardian

urieldhynne.2743

If you can’t see how this change hurts anyone playing a shout based guardian in PvP then there’s nothing for me to do here,

I see how it hurts … I also see how it hurts MORE to not fix it.

Enlighten us how it hurts more right now with all that condition bunkers builds. Please.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Sure, if you start by enlightening us how well bugged PoV and condition removal stacking has done to deal with condition bunker builds in the current meta. Hint … it hasn’t; if it did, Guardians wouldn’t be QQing about the current meta.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

goodbye shouts hello meditations.

Peters really needs to get in touch with the current meta, unless they are going to SERIOUSLY nerf condi applications

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Mehhhh; goodbye honor. >.> I haven’t been using PoV lately anyways; been doing Absolute Resolution/Soldier runes in WvW— guess purging flames it is.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Seriously guys stop.
If you think shouts are going to be bad after this patch

You are completely and 150% wrong

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. For majority of the game PoV has removed one, as I said before it’s only a slight nerf and just phases out one build completely (which isn’t that good to begin with) and removes some optionals for others.

Does that mean it should be fixed? No, it’s good the way it is, it’s balanced and gives Guardians a lot of options. Does that mean it will be bad when it is fixed? NO

So please stop the complaining because the bug changing it to two is only like 2 or 3 months old.

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

Seriously guys stop.
If you think shouts are going to be bad after this patch

You are completely and 150% wrong

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. For majority of the game PoV has removed one, as I said before it’s only a slight nerf and just phases out one build completely (which isn’t that good to begin with) and removes some optionals for others.

Does that mean it should be fixed? No, it’s good the way it is, it’s balanced and gives Guardians a lot of options. Does that mean it will be bad when it is fixed? NO

So please stop the complaining because the bug changing it to two is only like 2 or 3 months old.

We are 250% right. Condition meta sucks.

Change the meta and then make this ‘fix’.

That is all I ask.