Tired of people expecting me to heal them

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

You can, doesn’t mean the others are just as able. If I’m capable of maintaining a 25 stack of might with 60% boon duration and healing with Battle Presense and dodge rolling for 1500 a heal so the group can focus more on DPS, why not? It’s how I want to play the kitten class.

You aren’t maintaining 25 stacks of might. Not even half that.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

I think you slightly overestimate the number of tanks/healers in other games. Consider that a 25 man raid in WoW takes 2 tanks and 5 healers (28% of the raid), but there is a very long queue for DPS because of the shortage of healers.

That’s pretty worthless reasoning on guessing a tank/healer number as well though. DPS queue timers for dungeons/raids don’t directly reflect the actual number of players that like to tank and heal relative to DPS in the game, simply the number that are willing to tank/heal for a pug run. It’s pretty common accepted that the issue in lowering queue timers for DPS is less one of convincing people to roll a tank or healer but more so convcing the existing tanks and healers to queue as such despite the extra responsibility (perceived or real) compared to a DPS player in a pug.

If they aren’t queuing as tank or healer then they aren’t tanks or healers. What are they tanking? Do they just sit around in Org/SW in tank spec but do actual content as DPS while complaining that tanking for PUGs sucks? That’s not a tank.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

@Yaki: I know several people who would main-tank our raids, but would never queue as tank, unless half the group was in their guild. And on my Druid (this brings back memories), I had a tank spec and gear, but I preferred doing DPS with it (which is rare for me, so I cherished my kitty DPS). And then there’s the tanks and healers that only did/do runs with guilds, bringing the number of queuing tanks and healers down even further.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Ok yes, guardian can technically heal others.

Why should i waste my own surviviability on others, when usually after spamming my virtues, i end up dying since i mis-timed a heal.

Everyone always expects me to buff them but really I need my heals for myself otherwise im not tanky.

What do you say to people who ask your guardian for heals constantly?

My suggestion is to stop grouping with noobs who dont know otherwise

This game has no trinity, therefore they should dodge roll more :P

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gregorius.1024

Gregorius.1024

People are still used to the Holy Trinity. They haven’t learned self-sufficiency. I’m not one to tell other people how to play, but more people need to CREATE builds that are flexible and can react to a number of situations. Yes, glass-cannons and tanks have their cute little roles, but what happens when someone on the team makes a mistake or gets blind-sided by an attack? Glass cannon can’t do anything but attack, a tank can’t do anything but tank, too bad if the situation requires them to do the opposite or CC. A team must be flexible, not specialized. If that team gets knocked from 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 or 1, its remaining members chances of survival will come down to how they can deal with an unideal situation

in Guardian

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

Or you could actually act like a guardian who has passive healing and do that. No reason to be a guardian if your not using it’s core mechanics. Might as well been a warrior if you didn’t want to do the (guard) in guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

If I ever heard that I’d tell them that the best party-healers in GW2 are Warriors and Elementalists.

You’d be wrong. Warriors aren’t even close to better healers than Guardians.

I have a guildie who runs a “Support” Elementalist. Respectable DPS for a non-zerker build, and he maintains something like 25 stacks of Might,

No.

close to permenant Protection

Not on the entire party.

/Agree.

in Guardian

Gregorius.1024

Or you could actually act like a guardian who has passive healing and do that. No reason to be a guardian if your not using it’s core mechanics. Might as well been a warrior if you didn’t want to do the (guard) in guardian.

Except a guardian has different ways of being a guardian. Don’t sink the class into one role just because you rely on it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hammerhorn.1347

Hammerhorn.1347

Guardians dont hold a candle to the group heals a elementalist can do =) Guard makes a better group cure imo.

Guild Leader of Valiant Sword
Commander Hammerhorn Da Great
Defender of Anvil Rock 80 Guardian / 80 Thief / 80 Warrior

in Guardian

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Except a guardian has different ways of being a guardian. Don’t sink the class into one role just because you rely on it.

Didn’t realise resolve was different for each guardian? Does yours give Might? or apply a condition that’s neat all my does it heal.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shaftronics.8651

Shaftronics.8651

You can, doesn’t mean the others are just as able. If I’m capable of maintaining a 25 stack of might with 60% boon duration and healing with Battle Presense and dodge rolling for 1500 a heal so the group can focus more on DPS, why not? It’s how I want to play the kitten class.

40 to 60% Boon/Might Duration, Virtue of Courage, Empower, fire fields from Purging Flames and/or Cleansing Ground with Mighty Blow’s Blast finishers coupled with Master of Consecretions and Two-handed Mastery and with Empowering Might.

Its not that hard to maintain past 15 to 20 stacks of might on your lonesome. All of the buffs are party-wide as well.

I’ll admit I was slightly exaggerating, but it’s possible to maintain might as a Guardian.

(edited by Shaftronics.8651)

in Guardian

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

40 to 60% Boon/Might Duration, Virtue of Courage, Empower, fire fields from Purging Flames and/or Cleansing Ground with Mighty Blow’s Blast finishers coupled with Master of Consecretions and Two-handed Mastery and with Empowering Might.

Its not that hard to maintain past 15 to 20 stacks of might on your lonesome. All of the buffs are party-wide as well.

I’ll admit I was slightly exaggerating, but it’s possible to maintain might as a Guardian.

I have +70% boon duration and I wouldn’t boast 20 stacks of might only from myself to the entire party. You do not have enough blast finishers, and you also need everyone to bunch up in your fire field, which is impractical unless you’re in open world PvE. Empower does give a lot of stacks by itself, but in order to channel it you have to stop attacking, which offsets all the damage you’ll get from it. Empower is a pre-spike, otherwise it’s a healing skill. Using empower to maintain might stacks is a prime example of only looking at the numbers, and not the actual fight.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

(edited by Heinel.6548)

in Guardian

Gregorius.1024

Didn’t realise resolve was different for each guardian? Does yours give Might? or apply a condition that’s neat all my does it heal.

I’m not arguing over virtue of resolve, I’m arguing that he’s sinking the class into one role (guarding).

in Guardian

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

The way I see it, Guardians are called GUARDians for a reason… They are designed to be a support class and to offer protection where possible…. However, the fact they are versatile and can go full DPS, or full Heal (Like my Guardian does)… is an added bonus, as every single class can be made and used in a unique fashion.

Personally, if a Guardian joins my dungeon and claims to be DPS, I will just replace them with a Warrior, as that is what a Warrior is designed for.

No, the class roles are NOT set in stone, but in their design stage, they were.
The fact that we, as players, are able to rotate the class around to suit what we wish to use it as is genius, but the fact stands that each class was made with a set role in mind.

If Guardians were not supposed to offer Guarding, then the game developers would have called the class something else, and their skills wouldn’t be so aligned to supportive in nature.
The experimentations and evolutions of the class through various methods are what is causing this controversy, and nothing else.

Seriously, people, you need to quit the bickering and accept that everyone is entitled to an opinion about things, you may not agree with that opinion, but you do have to accept it.
At some point, an intellectual debate becomes something much worse.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

(…)
The experimentations and evolutions of the class through various methods are what is causing this controversy, and nothing else.

Seriously, people, you need to quit the bickering and accept that everyone is entitled to an opinion about things, you may not agree with that opinion, but you do have to accept it.

What class evolution? ^^
Guardian work like a prot monk while waterfields are the healing monks
Get a decent water ele or engi for good waterfields.

Almost forgot Ranger also have waterfields if not in mistake(i would choose still engi or ele over ranger).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Txema.7859

Txema.7859

Sir you’re a Necro ^^

Oh, and…

Personally, if a Guardian joins my dungeon and claims to be DPS, I will just replace them with a Warrior, as that is what a Warrior is designed for.

personally, if i see a non-DPS guardian, i leave the group ^^

in Guardian

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

tell them to pay up, they will disappear faster than the enemy can catch them

in Guardian

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Why should i waste my own surviviability on others, when usually after spamming my virtues, i end up dying since i mis-timed a heal.

Everyone always expects me to buff them but really I need my heals for myself otherwise im not tanky.

first of all all guardians are not the TANK class of the game …. WARRIORS are …. gw2 is not wow and guardians are not paladins . we offer BOONS not heals , but we have some skills / setups to play this role . ELES do better heals and can play this role because our primary healing skill is elite with 180 second recast time and they can use their weapon healing skills ( water ) all the time without stop ….

second , all heals that affect others , heals you as well …. so , stay in a roaming / dps setup and forget others

tldr . this is the same reason that i am not playing anymore dungeons with strangers with my guardian. all bad / lazy players think guardians will save them from their mistakes .

sorry guys ( the other classes ) , i offer now only my warrior and only for dungeons …. happy now ? ( i wanted to say it in public long long time )

in wvw i can play this role to support the melee train / havoc group , but i don’t think the OP is furstated because of wvw …

p.s. and yes the 6 skill is the same heal skill for every class

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Guardian

Posted by: Txema.7859

Txema.7859

Sirs, it’s been over a year since the OP posted this, stop necroing it

;)

in Guardian

Sickle.6502

@Txema – It’s a perfectly decent thread for conversing, no matter it’s age…. Otherwise I would begin a new, pointless, repeat of a thread…. No need for you to be rude about it.

If you all need help as to the specific role of a character, and their specialization.. then just check the character description for each one when in the character generation screen.
It even says there, “Guardians specialize in protective and defensive magic”

Like I said, and there is the proof, the class has been designed to be used in that way, but, doesn’t HAVE to be used in that way, due to class evolution….

Class evolution is simply this, taking any class type, and making it evolve into something other than what it was designed for… good, or bad.
E.g
Guardian >> DPS
Necromancer >> Tank
Elementalist >> Healer/Tank… (true ele/mage types are purely for damage output)
Etc, etc

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

People underestimate a guardian’s allied-healing so hard it’s not even funny. When they’re both using healing builds, a guardian’s healing is quite possibly just as good as an elementalist’s healing (if not better).

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

People should learn how to dodge roll.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

The way I see it, Guardians are called GUARDians for a reason… They are designed to be a support class and to offer protection where possible…. However, the fact they are versatile and can go full DPS, or full Heal (Like my Guardian does)… is an added bonus, as every single class can be made and used in a unique fashion.

Sorry, stoped reading after this non-sence.
Cleric Guardian is the most useless spec you can have in PvE, or Magi
Healing Power is the most useless stat you can have in PvE, it’s proven how useless it is and how it is not viable to use the way the game is made.

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Dice Dragon.4326

Dice Dragon.4326

Sorry, stoped reading after this non-sence.
Cleric Guardian is the most useless spec you can have in PvE, or Magi
Healing Power is the most useless stat you can have in PvE, it’s proven how useless it is and how it is not viable to use the way the game is made.

there is vids out there of cleric guards soloing stuff really slowly but never having to move or dodge, just face tank for days.

And some people like that gameplay. I know I do sometimes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Such a strong necro to raise this thread from the depths.

This game is badly designed, damage > everything else.

Also, I provide just as much support as a useless ‘cleric healinguard’ in full berserker gear, I also do wayyyyyy more damage, ending encounters faster, reducing the chance of a wipe.

Seriously, all your support comes from blinds, blocks, reflects, cleanses, protection, all of which you get in a meta DPS build.

/end thread, there is nothing else to be posted, just let it die.

in Guardian

Sickle.6502

@ mPascoal.4258 – It’s nowhere near useless, I have pulled many parties through boss fights as my guardian, also, it’s great to have for world events such as a Dragon Fight where lots of damage is thrown around and is hard to avoid.

@ Natsu Dragneel.1625 – Let the topic die? end thread? That’s NOT for you to decide. Nobody forced you to post here. If you don’t like the topic, YOU leave it alone… The rest of the people happy to discuss this should stay.

==

I LOVE playing as a Cleric type Guardian in Dungeons and World events, I even roam in a small group with one in WvW. There is NOTHING wrong with any form of healing in the game, and whilst doing damage is important, for those of us who don’t just want the fight to be over in a matter of moments, its a nice change of pace to play as a FULL healer/Support (Yes, my Mace/Shield Guardian has a healing of 1,500+ and Regens like crazy)

But back to the topic at hand, Tired of people expecting healing…. Well, they kinda get some indirectly anyway, but yes, it’s wrong for them to take for granted they will be healed by guardian, but I think it’s right to expect support at least from a class designed with support in mind.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

How can a class without water fields be a “healing” class?

What do guardians even have for group heals? Battle Presence is the big one I can think of, and the occasional regen, dodge heal, and mace heal, but it’s pretty niche if you ask me.

Tome of courage just comes across as the main one, but that’s a long cooldown elite.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

There is NOTHING wrong with any form of healing in the game,

Well,

- Healing Skill only get a minimal buff from healing power which force you to get a huge amount of Healing Power just to notice a difference. A amount of stats that could be better use somewhere else.

- In most PvE content you can manage yourself well enough to make any for of healing pretty useless. If I don’t die in full Zerker, why would I need you to heal me?

- There is far superior kind of support in the game : blind, weakness, aegis, reflect, condi removal, etc are all superior in keeping your team alive and full HP, while needed a smaller investment in defensive gear or trait than Healing need.

So ya there is things work with healing. That doesn’t mean that its useless. If you want to heal in dungeon, go ahead. Its not a really efficient way to play and I’ll probably won’t be happy to play with that kind of build, but there is plenty of ppl that like that so I don’t see any problem with that.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

How can a class without water fields be a “healing” class?

What do guardians even have for group heals? Battle Presence is the big one I can think of, and the occasional regen, dodge heal, and mace heal, but it’s pretty niche if you ask me.

Tome of courage just comes across as the main one, but that’s a long cooldown elite.

Don’t forget Healing Breeze is 45k per minute ( 32.6k per cast ) of group healing since the patch, assuming 0 healing power – equivalent to about 7 water field blasts.

Staff Empower is 25k per minute ( ignoring AH ).
Orb of Light second sequence is 20k/m approx ( and so is the first step if you can pull off enough hits )
And of course battle presence requires absolutely no micro-management and heals for a nice 31k/m ( with Absolute Resolution )

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

^
Also, I think Tome of Courage heals for around 50k per minute in group healing with Light of Deliverance followed by Heal Area spam.

in Guardian

Reborn.2934

^
Also, I think Tome of Courage heals for around 50k per minute in group healing with Light of Deliverance followed by Heal Area spam.

once every 3 minutes . full warriors pt do cof in 6 minute

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

^

That’s not how per minute averages work sweetie. In 6 minutes Tome of Courage will have done 300k in terms of group healing just by itself. If you still think that’s insignificant, well then that’s your problem. :>

in Guardian

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Yeah, well, how effective was most of that healing? Just because you can burst heal for a few second and then basically be dead in the water for a few minutes, doesn’t make you an effective healer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

^

That’s not how per minute averages work sweetie. In 6 minutes Tome of Courage will have done 300k in terms of group healing just by itself. If you still think that’s insignificant, well then that’s your problem. :>

300k? It possible but will rarely happen. The problem with Light of Delivrance is the timing. You see your allies getting low, you take your Tome, you start Light of Delivrance and by the time you finish the channeling, 1 of you teammates is down and 2 already used their heal, meaning that you’ll heal of like 30-40K. I don’t mean that it not possible to get a lot from LoD, but most of the time the universe don’t work the way it suppose to do. How many times do you have 4 teamates at like 10% hp at the same time. If you have 5 ppl with like 25k max HP and they are at like 1 hp when you heal them, then AA heal for the remaining of your Tome of Courage, you could heal for about 290K heal. But that never happen.

And anyway, its not like healing is nowhere near good in PvE compare to active defense.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I think the answer to this thread in general in 2014 is that people play how they want and if they want you to heal them, you can either do it like asked or form your own group.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

People saying it is called “Guardian” for a reason… Guardian =/= healer. To guard is to prevent or mediate. Thus blocks, blinds and protection… boons. I do not understand how ppl got healer from guardian. The ppl who can’t dodge the 3 second cast time telegraphed attack from an NPC is a liability and should be kicked from the party not the guardian who runs what he wishes becuz he knows how to play his class. lol anyone who thinks guard is inferior to another class as dps does not know how to play guardian. If you can’t run ur zerker build without dying every few seconds in PvE you need to learn how to play or get out of the party.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

Yeah, well, how effective was most of that healing? Just because you can burst heal for a few second and then basically be dead in the water for a few minutes, doesn’t make you an effective healer.

While Tome of Courage is down, a guardian with healing breeze and a staff will heal for around 120k per minute (so 720k in 6 minutes) in group healing.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

While Tome of Courage is down, a guardian with healing breeze and a staff will heal for around 120k per minute (so 720k in 6 minutes) in group healing.

healing for 2000 per second does not stop a zerker player from bursting you down in 2 seconds. If you are a 18k HP ele and a mob hits you forv25k with one attack or 15k with two seperate attacks you will still die. healing is only as effective as your damage mitigation from blocks, blinds, protection or…. dodge rolling. But if you are doing all those things already you aren’t taking damage and if you are it is very little. Thus healer is useless. The same way my DPS medi guard cuts through a warrior’s healing signet and still kills them in a few seconds.

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

healing for 2000 per second does not stop a zerker player from bursting you down in 2 seconds. If you are a 18k HP ele and a mob hits you forv25k with one attack or 15k with two seperate attacks you will still die. healing is only as effective as your damage mitigation from blocks, blinds, protection or…. dodge rolling. But if you are doing all those things already you aren’t taking damage and if you are it is very little. Thus healer is useless. The same way my DPS medi guard cuts through a warrior’s healing signet and still kills them in a few seconds.

On the contrary, burst healing another player should probably provide enough time for them to kill a zerker player (2000 health per second is merely the average, the amount that can be restored in a short amount of time is a lot higher than that as far as I’m aware). Of course they’d still need to dodge where appropriate, healing might not save them forever but it will give them the opportunity to kill the zerker before they’re bursted. Not that a healer guardian only heals.

Is hitting for 25k with one attack even possible in PvE? Is hitting for 15k with one attack even possible? From my experience in PvE, it certainly doesn’t seem like it (not that I do PvE much, but I’ve never been one-shotted by anything). That said, people can usually run whatever they want in dungeons and still be fine. Of course, zerker gear is the fastest way to complete dungeons.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

On the contrary, burst healing another player should probably provide enough time for them to kill a zerker player (2000 health per second is merely the average, the amount that can be restored in a short amount of time is a lot higher than that as far as I’m aware). Of course they’d still need to dodge where appropriate, healing might not save them forever but it will give them the opportunity to kill the zerker before they’re bursted. Not that a healer guardian only heals.

Is hitting for 25k with one attack even possible in PvE? Is hitting for 15k with one attack even possible? From my experience in PvE, it certainly doesn’t seem like it (not that I do PvE much, but I’ve never been one-shotted by anything). That said, people can usually run whatever they want in dungeons and still be fine. Of course, zerker gear is the fastest way to do complete dungeons.

Just to add, I have hit 17k with my Warrior on a Headshot, but that was kitten near almost perfect conditions, and I’ve done 16k in WvW.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

The fact that we, as players, are able to rotate the class around to suit what we wish to use it as is genius, but the fact stands that each class was made with a set role in mind.

If Guardians were not supposed to offer Guarding, then the game developers would have called the class something else, and their skills wouldn’t be so aligned to supportive in nature.

Your ignorance is horrendous.

But you do represent the majority of clueless and generally unskilled players that are the PvE playerbase in this game. Thankfully less of your kind inhabit PvP.

(edited by Ezrael.6859)

in Guardian

Posted by: Xhean.3452

Xhean.3452

An guardian who use : save yourselves / judge’s intervention /purging flames , MI ,COP , smite condition, renewed focus in dungeon party, persoanly i consider them pugs

hahahahaha this almost made me fall of my chair laughing! You do you know that EVERYONE that you’re not in a premade party with is a pug, right? if you join a group alone you’re a pug to EVERYONE else, does this make you bad?

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

this thread needs to die. lol I have done some PvE content before and mostly it was about standing on top of a mob and spamming skills with the occasional dodge. oh wait I had my blocks so I didn’t have to. Was funny because I was a DPS meditation build. In fact I was always the only one who didn’t die. I was the only person keeping the bosses from being reset. My build is self sustained with 20+ stacks of might using GS, M/F. I have my own heals blocks and blinds. When you create a build it should be self sufficient in its own source of dps, boons, heals and survivability. Going down your power, precision, crit damage trait lines is not making a build. a true build utilizes every small trait, rune, sigil and food. the most insignificant things can always turn out to be the most important. Your a fool to think the only way to do dps is by going full zerker. exactly why ur asking for heals. u are the scrub not the dps guardian. lol

in Guardian

Posted by: Frostroses.4196

Frostroses.4196

uh, necro year old thread… and personally, i don’t think there is tank in this game, all is dps+slightly support. Even in dungeon, it’s everyone for him/herself, need team sync sometimes. It’s not like there is a class to tank anyway, melee get hit from boss, range is a bit safer form hit. This game is designed around dodging/reflect/invul, not tank and spank.

in Guardian

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

I hate this kind of people too.

I once ran AC with PUGs, and this Warrior kept thinking he’s invincible. Come Kholer, every single time he gets downed (and he gets downed a lot), he’ll type “HEAL MEEEEEEEEEEE!”.

And he says “I’ll tank just HEAL MEEEEEEEE!!!”. Well, he’s a tank alright, he doesn’t dodge.

It’s annoying. I almost said L2P.

sorry to be party to this necro but this made me lmao… i swear i remember this exact same thing… or was there lots of players running around yelling Heal Me?!

in Guardian

Reborn.2934

I hate this kind of people too.

I once ran AC with PUGs, and this Warrior kept thinking he’s invincible. Come Kholer, every single time he gets downed (and he gets downed a lot), he’ll type “HEAL MEEEEEEEEEEE!”.

And he says “I’ll tank just HEAL MEEEEEEEE!!!”. Well, he’s a tank alright, he doesn’t dodge.

It’s annoying. I almost said L2P.

sorry to be party to this necro but this made me lmao… i swear i remember this exact same thing… or was there lots of players running around yelling Heal Me?!

this is why to be this thread sticky !!!

it has all the infos of what other classes should wait from guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Like it was said this isn’t WoW. Every class is able to do everything DPS/Support/controll. No matter which class you play you should be able to do every aspect with proper build.
Name of class is just name nothing more. If guardian should only guard then what about thief? Should thief only steal? Or engineer just build machines? :-D
Even in full DPS build guadian can give lot of healing, protection or condi remove, but people souldn’t expect guardian to be fully devoted in to healing. This is no holly trinity game. If you are dying dodge and heal yourself. Dont expect anyone else to do it for you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I’d say:
I’m giving party-wide every boon known to man + heals and I’m still doing more damage than you; how dare you ask for more?

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Never ever had anyone ask me to heal them and I have 2 80 guards and played since release. You must’ve gotten extra unlucky and ended up with someone especially bad.