nice devs: dps guard in spvp

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Is unscathed contender worth it? yes or no.

No, it is not.

UC is a trait that makes you drool at the thought of increasing your whole burst by 20%. In reality, this will not happen nearly enough to justify taking it. Since Aegis is popped even by the weakest and fastest of attacks and makes this trait is very unreliable.

I concur with you, but it started a debate apparently and then mild personal attacks heh.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

No, it is not.

UC is a trait that makes you drool at the thought of increasing your whole burst by 20%. In reality, this will not happen nearly enough to justify taking it. Since Aegis is popped even by the weakest and fastest of attacks and makes this trait is very unreliable.

I concur with you, but it started a debate apparently and then mild personal attacks heh.

Like I said before, you don’t spec for it, you just pick it up because this traitslot doesn’t offer better things and I already explained twice why it’s not worthless and also why you would go in that traitline.

Scrolling up and reading doesn’t seem to be smth that people on the forums do.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

And refraining from mild personal attacks doesn’t seem to be something that you or Liza do so I think it evens out.

When you told him

And cmon we’re talking about dps builds… consecrations? Really? ._.

in response to his suggestion that Master of Consecrations offers better utility than UC (which it does because Master of Consecrations will actually be up and working in a PvP scenario), he brought up that for a dps build the points in Virtues are just flat out better put elsewhere for consistent dps instead of the wet cannon that is UC, which because we’re talking about tPvP is a completely true, valid point. But I guess scrolling up and reading doesn’t seem to be something that you do either.

For utility pvp dps with points in Virtues, you go Master of Consecrations and use Purging Flames. It is objectively better than UC and the fraction of a second uptime it has. If you’re determined not to give up the skillslot for Purging Flames, then no matter what you do your Adept trait is going to be marginally useful at best, and Absolute Resolution is still not going to fulfill party condition removal utility as well or as often as Purging Flames can with its untraited cooldown, rendering the 4 points in Virtues better put toward concrete dps gains.

(edited by Archmortal.1027)

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

in response to his suggestion that Master of Consecrations offers better utility than UC (which it does because Master of Consecrations will actually be up and working in a PvP scenario), he brought up that for a dps build the points in Virtues are just flat out better put elsewhere for consistent dps instead of the wet cannon that is UC, which because we’re talking about tPvP is a completely true, valid point. But I guess scrolling up and reading doesn’t seem to be something that you do either.

For utility pvp dps with points in Virtues, you go Master of Consecrations and use Purging Flames.

I’m just gonna try to ignore the fact that you are not even ranked like 90% of the forum population that talks about pvp for some reason. With Purging Flames you would have no actual stunbreak if you count out JI because that is your only chance to actually burst stuff and you can’t really use it to stunbreak unless you would die otherwise. I don’t know where you’re getting these facts from but i guess theorycrafting and hotjoin is worth more than actual top 50 teamq experience when it comes to knowing what actually works in a pvp situation.

Also i mentioned it often enough that the point of going into virtues is Absolute Resolution and not UC. If UC is bothering you that much and you can’t see how you can actually make use of it you can use longer retal, it really doesn’t make a big difference.

Besides the dps loss is a joke compared to the support and the utility you gain from 4 points in virtues. Especially the rune and sigil changes made offensive traits that require a lot of investment in a certain traitline kind of unnecessary. The new thief meta on EU that got pretty popular after Sizer played it (2 0 0 6 6 s/d) that doesn’t have executioner anymore can still kill people in seconds thanks to the huge damage plus from runes and fire+air-sigils is kind of proof for that.

If anybody with actual high tpvp experience on dps guard wants to question my points I will be up for a discussion, otherwise it would be nice if you could just leave it at that because this debate is kind of going in circles.

Bullet Punch

(edited by Keksmuffin.1450)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

No, it is not.

Like I said before, you don’t spec for it, you just pick it up because this traitslot doesn’t offer better things and I already explained twice why it’s not worthless and also why you would go in that traitline.

I have read you opinion, I disagree with your opinion. I do well for myself as dps guard, so do you. I see no problem here. :p

I have experience as a dps guardian by the way. Leaderboard is lolz but from what I read you know what you’re talking about. You argue good points, but if one can make Purging Flames work – and one can, it has many many uses – then MoC is better than UC.

(edited by Aedrion.6483)

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

MoC is useful if you are using concentrations, but why the hell would you be using concentrations in a meditation dps build?

I take UC because all the other traits in the slot are worthless for me, go figure.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

MoC is useful if you are using concentrations, but why the hell would you be using concentrations in a meditation dps build?

I take UC because all the other traits in the slot are worthless for me, go figure.

CoP: Gives you various boons, removes all conditions, gives fury for 4 seconds and heals for ~2k, stunbreaker

PF: Cleanses 3 conditions on all nearby allies, burns enemies, reduced condi duration by 35% while on the point. Leap for fire shield for fast might stacking and even more burning, blast with focus5 for AoE might. Burning Bolts for even more burning.

CoP is personal and very good for yourself, PF allows you to not only assist allies in a condi heavy fight but also allows you to burn enemies for Flame Legion runes and Fiery Wrath synergy but also stack might on both yourself AND your team, it’s also on a much lower cooldown.

Both have their uses, it just depends on how focussed on team support you want to be.

in Guardian

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Don’t take this the wrong way but posts like this are annoying. This is team game. No one can really quantify how much of that is you and how much of it is the other players on your team.

Shouldn’t you then apply the same logic even if guardians got a damage boost?

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

I do not know bout your guys but a DPS GS + Hammer Guard brings alot of damage and CC on group fight, been using 4/0/6/4/0 ever since i started spvp.

Hammer 3rd AA with Enlarge Symbol is OP on group fight, not to mention, GS4 & 5.
The only useless DPS Guard i would say would be the One-Handed only guards.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

sometimes these forums depress me… anyways. its not a matter of “dps guard CAN kill stuff” its a matter of how well it performs compared to other classes. its a matter of why would you bring a dps guard over smthing else? dps guard cant really roam as good as other classes. the dmg is meh. theres no grp support and the list goes on.

Haha, you need to play more xD

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Guardian

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

It works just fine for me so, yes, I will say L2P. The only complaint I have is that it lacks in the mobility department, but I doubt this will be addressed any time soon.