why everyone getting 25% speed...

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Ok here we go again. Untraited retreat is equivalent to a 16.15% movement speed signet, traited retreat is equivalent to a 20.62% movement speed signet, can we get a 25% signet or trait already? You know what I got a perfect suggestion replace the condition damage on signet of wrath and make it 25% movement speed and call it a day.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

cause heavy armor is.. heavy. and we don’t live at the gym like warriors do.

That is BS, look at how jacked this Guardian is?

http://i.imgur.com/jLYZxX4.jpg

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I bet you everyone could say the same about wanting the same amount of blocks. Personally, I’m fine not having the perma speed on guard, and doubly fine that we’re finally getting a 1200 range weapon that actually works at 1200 range. Finally, a way to camp from afar and only port in when the moment is right.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The arguments for why we don’t have a RS buff is the same as it was a few years back when Anet explained it to us. Too bad it hasn’t been enshrined as a sticky because that would end alot of these ongoing debates.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Would you mind reminding us? I honestly can’t remember.

in Guardian

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

Clearly, in-combat movement speed is supposed to be one of the Guardian’s weaknesses. It is supposed to be inferior to every other profession in this way.

But limiting Guardian out of combat mobility is just frustrating to the player, and it’s horrible to be locked into Traveller or Speed Runes, or be forced to take Retreat and use Pack Runes (and this is going to become an even bigger problem once the new Trait sysem is released because we’ll lose the ability to trait for extra Boon Duration for round-the-clock swiftness too, due to stats being removed from the trait lines, Virtue in this case).

I like the idea somebody else suggested. You gain a passive 25% Movement Speed bonus while under the affects of Aegis, then just tagging it onto the end of the Unscathed Contender (the +20% Damage while under Aegis) Trait. Realistically, you are still going to be at a mobility and movement speed disadvantage in-combat, because your Aegis will be up only very intermittently in combat, and for very very brief amouns of time; Likewise, it still wouldn’t be easier to flee because your opponent will probably chase you down and only need a single hit to remove your Movement Speed bonus, quite easy with any weapon with a ranged attack, especially seems most Guardian blinds are PBAoE abilities rather than ranged.

But at least we’d be able to build however we want Rune wise on our Guardians and otherwise Trait wise, without feeling like we were severally kitten in simply getting around when out of combat. And no, it’s not a balance concern, because we can just do this already by popping on one of the above mentioned Runesets until we are about to engage in combat, but it’s alot of faff and inconvenient (not to mention, pricey!), and inconvenience for the sake of inconvenience is very very bad…so c’mon guys, throw us a bone.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Would you mind reminding us? I honestly can’t remember.

It was a Ready up. If I could remember the #, I would make it my sig for every time someone made a “why don’t we get RS buff” thread. I think somewhere in the 12-18 range?

in Guardian

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Cuz only thief has as many gap closes not requiring LoS with no setup into burst, and thief is more squishy.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Guardian

Arken.3725

It would be nice if there was a 25% runeset with max power sort of like horlbraek that has the amazing 6th slot.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

I found it. Episode 15 here http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4456907 starts at about 41:15 when they talk about mobility. The main point for the argument against mobility was amazing sustain which to me, even as a medi-guard, doesn’t compare with a Warrior, Ele and Engineer who DO have amazing sustain and mobility.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I found it. Episode 15 here http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4456907 starts at about 41:15 when they talk about mobility. The main point for the argument against mobility was amazing sustain which to me, even as a medi-guard, doesn’t compare with a Warrior, Ele and Engineer who DO have amazing sustain and mobility.

Gameplay migh change a bit, guardian atm to get good sustain better than warrior needs to sacrifice almost all damage and be very active on weapon swap, condi cleanses, heavy block build etc, other classes can have a better “get health up” or kill target before players needs to use healing skill(some builds have really to much only facing similiar build figh gets balanced).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

They don’t play guardians I guess. That annoying dude in the middle says " guardians cant have both, in and out of combat."….what a pile of crap.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

It’s rather interesting because if that was the case(not having both) then I think other professions need to be looked at. I’ve been saying it for every profession, you shouldn’t be able to have everything(Looking at you Engie/War/Ele)

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

They don’t play guardians I guess. That annoying dude in the middle says " guardians cant have both, in and out of combat."….what a pile of crap.

You probably guess wrong. These arguments have already happened; this Ready Up is over a year old. Anet defines the concept of the profession, not us. If Anet thinks we don’t need runspeed buff because of how they want the concept of the profession to progress, then it’s not right or wrong, it just IS.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

SlayerSixx.5763

It isn’t unfair that ward/engi/ele have move speed and sustain. What’s unfair is the kitten ed celestial amulet only catering to them. This jack of all trades business needs to go.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Clearly, in-combat movement speed is supposed to be one of the Guardian’s weaknesses. It is supposed to be inferior to every other profession in this way.

But limiting Guardian out of combat mobility is just frustrating to the player, and it’s horrible to be locked into Traveller or Speed Runes, or be forced to take Retreat and use Pack Runes (and this is going to become an even bigger problem once the new Trait sysem is released because we’ll lose the ability to trait for extra Boon Duration for round-the-clock swiftness too, due to stats being removed from the trait lines, Virtue in this case).

I like the idea somebody else suggested. You gain a passive 25% Movement Speed bonus while under the affects of Aegis, then just tagging it onto the end of the Unscathed Contender (the +20% Damage while under Aegis) Trait. Realistically, you are still going to be at a mobility and movement speed disadvantage in-combat, because your Aegis will be up only very intermittently in combat, and for very very brief amouns of time; Likewise, it still wouldn’t be easier to flee because your opponent will probably chase you down and only need a single hit to remove your Movement Speed bonus, quite easy with any weapon with a ranged attack, especially seems most Guardian blinds are PBAoE abilities rather than ranged.

But at least we’d be able to build however we want Rune wise on our Guardians and otherwise Trait wise, without feeling like we were severally kitten in simply getting around when out of combat. And no, it’s not a balance concern, because we can just do this already by popping on one of the above mentioned Runesets until we are about to engage in combat, but it’s alot of faff and inconvenient (not to mention, pricey!), and inconvenience for the sake of inconvenience is very very bad…so c’mon guys, throw us a bone.

Very interesting. Addind this 25% move speed to Unscathed Contender would make a lot of sense in this way. Is really a pain to move as Guardian without any runes related to speed.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Very interesting. Addind this 25% move speed to Unscathed Contender would make a lot of sense in this way. Is really a pain to move as Guardian without any runes related to speed.

Indeed a very nice idea, KotCR!

in Guardian

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The cluelessness in this thread is so real.

So many classes with 25% movespeed options don’t even use them because it’s not even worth using/temporary swiftness is just better.

See: Thief, Warrior, Necromancer, Ranger

in Guardian

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

I bet you everyone could say the same about wanting the same amount of blocks. Personally, I’m fine not having the perma speed on guard, and doubly fine that we’re finally getting a 1200 range weapon that actually works at 1200 range. Finally, a way to camp from afar and only port in when the moment is right.

Siting Back 1200 Range pew pewing. Dont break your one key now.

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The thing is, all of their sustains comes from mobility via peels.

I think people are asking for the wrong buffs here. We don’t need speed, we need better CC or at least some form of single target control option. That may have already been granted through the new F1 activation trait… but there’s already issues with it.

The Signet of Wrath activation trait only works if a person is Directly in front of you. People don’t use it mainly because of the cast time. If it was instant (I hope the trait is) then we wouldn’t have to keep a person in front of us for so long just to pull it off. If it’s not an instant cast then No One will use it.

Anyone else asking for a Speed trait are just wanting to better their WvW experience. And I don’t blame you, WvW is a big place. But a speed trait doesn’t belong on Guardians in Structured PvP. That’s just my honest opinion.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

I think people are asking for the wrong buffs here. We don’t need speed, we need better CC or at least some form of single target control option.

This was one conclusion that many people came to when this Ready Up was released. I would rather have exactly what you mention and would likely be implemented as weapon skills or in traits, hence Dulled Senses.

We can’t forget that our front line in the fight option is very significant. The drawback of ‘getting in the fight’ is quite reasonable, considering that there are methods to do that, albeit at the cost of some build flexibility. While this does limit our ability to play more solo options, this is the concept of the class.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

The other major benefit of putting the bonus speed on Unscathed Contender is that to highly benefits guardians in non-combat roaming when it comes to cross-map mobility, which is often a weakness in WvW and even PvE open world content.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

SlayerSixx.5763

Siting Back 1200 Range pew pewing. Dont break your one key now.

I’ll try not to babes ;D.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

I’m not a huge fan of having it attached to Unscathed Contender. With how scarce Aegis is ever up, it would be incredibly difficult to maintain. The whole concept of being “first in, last out” only makes sense if your sustain while IN combat is significant. It’s not, especially when in comparison to the top 3(Engie,Ele,War).

in Guardian

Xaylin.1860

I’m not a huge fan of having it attached to Unscathed Contender. With how scarce Aegis is ever up, it would be incredibly difficult to maintain. The whole concept of being “first in, last out” only makes sense if your sustain while IN combat is significant. It’s not, especially when in comparison to the top 3(Engie,Ele,War).

Attaching it to Unscathed Contender quite obviously is a quality of life change and not supposed to grant Guardians permanent movement speed within a combat.

As others pointed out I’d rather take Cripple (since Guardians quite obviously no longer are supposed to Chill… cough… Reaper) for in combat situations to stay close to my opponents than having speed. It feels more consistent conceptually. Of course, this also means that Guardians should get at least some access to Cripple outside of DH (e.g. Shield#4).

in Guardian

Arken.3725

I see what you mean Xaylin but originally, Anet specified that Guardian’s were never really supposed to get soft-cc and here we are. The switching up stances on a professions “theme” to allow them to adapt is what’s been going on. What’s to stop us from getting mobility?

Edit: Also, having that extra cripple on a long cd(shield 4) really wouldn’t remedy the problem. Also, with the removal of Glacial heart, soft-cc has been reduced significantly.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in Guardian

Xaylin.1860

I see what you mean Xaylin but originally, Anet specified that Guardian’s were never really supposed to get soft-cc and here we are. The switching up stances on a professions “theme” to allow them to adapt is what’s been going on. What’s to stop us from getting mobility?

Of course, this is subjective, but I guess we can all agree that granting too much will be too strong. Considering the strength Guardians have and that they are part of basically every meta shows that they are doing fine. There might just be things there are not supposed to be able to do. Therefore, I think the attachment of speed to Unscathed Contender is a good idea. Because it doesn’t improve their power in battle.

Edit: Also, having that extra cripple on a long cd(shield 4) really wouldn’t remedy the problem. Also, with the removal of Glacial heart, soft-cc has been reduced significantly.

I won’t deny Glacial Heart is nice but Hammer will work without it. Many people took it for the damage, not the Chills, anyway. GS and Sword already got mobility. The only weapon slot which doesn’t offer options to keep up with your enemies is the OH. A Cripple on Shield won’t suddenly make it too powerful but it offers options for those who seek additional ways to keep their enemies close. It also offers additional synergy with DH which currently the specialization lacks.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

The burst was significant but I mainly used it to keep up with my enemy for the brief moment. Slow doesn’t affect movement speed plus it’s competing with a superior supportive trait(Absolute resolution). I know i’m beating a dead horse it’s just very weird to have a primarily melee profession not have mobility.

Still an idea to help with mobility would be to give Wings of Resolve the passive 25% movement.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in Guardian

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

It isn’t unfair that ward/engi/ele have move speed and sustain. What’s unfair is the kitten ed celestial amulet only catering to them. This jack of all trades business needs to go.

Which is no different to other commonly used amulets, take zerker for example, for most of the game it has basically “catered” to thief/mes, since they buffed medi guards to faceroll levels they also use it, but for other classes, engy for example zerker may as well not exist.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Maybe get the speed at a later spec? Not like this’ll be the last, nor is this one likely supposed to have everything you need in one go.

in Guardian

Xaylin.1860

The burst was significant but I mainly used it to keep up with my enemy for the brief moment. Slow doesn’t affect movement speed plus it’s competing with a superior supportive trait(Absolute resolution). I know i’m beating a dead horse it’s just very weird to have a primarily melee profession not have mobility.

Still an idea to help with mobility would be to give Wings of Resolve the passive 25% movement.

It is not like a Guardian has absolutely no mobility (GS, Sword). Maybe the respective skills need a slight cooldown decrease. Maybe more on Sword than GS (which still got the pull).

A 20% up time on Chill through Glacial Heart isn’t that significant. You could have something very similar with (traited) Shield. It would also be an area effect and more precise in application.

Regarding Wings of Resolve, I wouldn’t really like it. Leaving aside that DH doesn’t really need it because of all the Cripples etc. it would be pretty annoying if you weren’t able to use it outside of the specializations. It’s not such a big issue on Mesmer since Chronomancy is very versatile. But DH isn’t.

I still like the idea with Unscathed Contender.

in Guardian

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Next expansion kids. Just wait the next expansion

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The burst was significant but I mainly used it to keep up with my enemy for the brief moment. Slow doesn’t affect movement speed plus it’s competing with a superior supportive trait(Absolute resolution).

Wait, Slow doesn’t effect movement speed? Why would anyone think this is better than Glacial Heart that not only did 900+ damage but also Slowed people?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

The burst was significant but I mainly used it to keep up with my enemy for the brief moment. Slow doesn’t affect movement speed plus it’s competing with a superior supportive trait(Absolute resolution).

Wait, Slow doesn’t effect movement speed? Why would anyone think this is better than Glacial Heart that not only did 900+ damage but also Slowed people?

Slow is just the opposite of quickness. It increases your cast times as opposed to decreasing them, but has no effect on your movement speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

25% Movement Speed should be an option for all classes the same as reduced dmg. on falling traits are. It should be an option if you choose to move faster around the map you can give up X ability or X utility for it. Guardian should not be an exception to this kind of buff!

Regarding combat mobility i’m ok with not escaping or not having CC but then give me increased attack speed or Quickness. If I do strike I want at least my few hits to land.

Why is nobody advocating increased attacks speed on guardian?!? How can you be a Zealot without attack speed d_a_m_n it!

P.S. having 25% Movemnt Speed on UC could be nice, but I think it would also be frustrating when let’s say a map mob (either in Pve or WvW) could strip it away by mistake.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

This issue has been beaten into the ground many times, but I’ll make a few points on how I feel about this.

First, 25% movement speed would not effect guardians ability to disengage. One of the main arguments against MS is that guardians should be first in, and last out. Things like ground target blinks (mesmer, ele, thief and to some extent necro) and long distance mobility (warrior, ranger) give the ability to disengage. The guardian ports are target based, with a single 600 range leap and that is what limits it’s disengage.

Second, the majority of offensive based builds are meditation builds, and are pigeonholed into either using Traveler runes or Pack runes. Any type of swiftness is tied into support builds where it’s unnecessary for a guardian to stick to the target. A staff guardian gets the swiftness it doesn’t need while an offensive melee guardian gets kited along.

And last, now 7 out of 8 professions (soon to be 8 out of 9 I’m sure) will have natural access to movement speed. They have the choice to weigh between traits or runes. Build options are good, and promote diversity. You can say class concept, but I see it as too stubborn to change a bad decision. It’s okay to have thought one thing about something, and change it later down the road.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

The whole concept of professional themes is pretty much gone with the introduction of cripple being afforded to the guardian to which it was never to be given. I personally think that’s fine. Sorry, responding from phone so excuse grammar.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

Ok here we go again. Untraited retreat is equivalent to a 16.15% movement speed signet, traited retreat is equivalent to a 20.62% movement speed signet, can we get a 25% signet or trait already? You know what I got a perfect suggestion replace the condition damage on signet of wrath and make it 25% movement speed and call it a day.

this would do nothing. i would rather take retreat over that.

the “unfair” part is not that we can do not have a 25% sigil. The main problem is that we need our utility slots to cleanse conditions and lets face it pure of voice is only viable with rune of the trooper.

The unfair part is that there are classes that get 25% movement speed or swiftness on minor traits and when you really think about it: thats not too many. And as has been pointed out most classes that have the sigil do not tak it for the same reason: it uses up utility. however: they have much better access to swiftnes from weaponskills.

staff is not a good source of swiftness. Standing 5secs to move faster for 12 is a rather stupid concept. which leaves us with retreat which I really like. Aegis on demand is really strong but often enough i would rather have something different that is even more fun to play with.

bottom line: with the mesmer change we are the least mobile class in terms of none utility induced swiftness.

in addition: with the upcoming changes to burning i would rather run rune of balthazar then traveler.

(edited by Asmodal.6489)

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

The whole concept of professional themes is pretty much gone with the introduction of cripple being afforded to the guardian to which it was never to be given. I personally think that’s fine. Sorry, responding from phone so excuse grammar.

Pretty much this. For every time we’ve been shafted from the balance front in the name of preserving the “theme”, the new Dragonhunter spec is more of a slap in the face than anything else. It can’t really be claimed as a valid excuse anymore.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

In fact, most people probably didn’t even realize Guardian had a cripple all along (Tome of Wrath #2). I still think theme’s are important to distinguish between professions. However, it shouldn’t severely limit them in areas that make no sense(Primarily melee profession having terrible mobility).

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

In fact, most people probably didn’t even realize Guardian had a cripple all along (Tome of Wrath #2). I still think theme’s are important to distinguish between professions. However, it shouldn’t severely limit them in areas that make no sense(Primarily melee profession having terrible mobility).

There is also a cripple on the Guardian underwater downed state autoattack. Because, y’know, it’s important to not let an enemy run away for all of the times you’ll ever be downed underwater.

in Guardian

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

How about no one has it? Or just grant all classes 25% increased movement speed permanently. I do agree that it does not make sense for guardians to not have it, but imo it does not even make sense for any class to have it in the first place. Makes swiftness much less impactful, a boon that is already spammable to ridiculous extends.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in Guardian

Arken.3725

How about no one has it? Or just grant all classes 25% increased movement speed permanently. I do agree that it does not make sense for guardians to not have it, but imo it does not even make sense for any class to have it in the first place. Makes swiftness much less impactful, a boon that is already spammable to ridiculous extends.

It’s often overlooked but having permanent (or near permanent) swiftness is incredible in this game. Only a few professions can pull this off (engie/war/thief) and 2/3 of those are on top of the food chain in terms of sustain/dmg/mobility and some CC(mostly engie on CC). I’ve been stating this all along, there needs to be weaknesses and you shouldn’t have it all. The two I just stated certainly do.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

It’s often overlooked but having permanent (or near permanent) swiftness is incredible in this game. Only a few professions can pull this off (engie/war/thief) and 2/3 of those are on top of the food chain in terms of sustain/dmg/mobility and some CC(mostly engie on CC). I’ve been stating this all along, there needs to be weaknesses and you shouldn’t have it all. The two I just stated certainly do.

almost every single profession can achieve permanent swiftness without the help of runes, some just happen to have it available in the meta build. Necro traited Wh+ spectral walk, ele lightning blasting, Guard traited shouts + staff, Ranger traited shouts + WH, Mesmers actually need runes of the centaur to get perma switness.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

almost every single profession can achieve permanent swiftness without the help of runes, some just happen to have it available in the meta build. Necro traited Wh+ spectral walk, ele lightning blasting, Guard traited shouts + staff, Ranger traited shouts + WH, Mesmers actually need runes of the centaur to get perma switness.

This was exactly what I was trying to get across, thank you Vizard. This should be considered for all aspects of this game. How easy is it to achieve said boon? do you have to stand in a circle for a period of time? Is it instant? Does it have a cast time? I think all of these need to be looked at when balance is considered.

Edit: Sometimes it doesn’t feel like this is the case and boons/conditions are just being thrown around.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

I do kind of have to agree with this, honestly. +25% movement speed as a passive bonus makes swiftness feel worthless, which sucks. Boons are meant to be empowering, and getting swiftness instead of 3 stacks of might, or fury, or protection, or retaliation just feels like getting the short end of the stick.

in Guardian

Posted by: Radjan Majere.4208

Radjan Majere.4208

Still, you don’t have to stay in the symbol of swiftness AoE for too long to maintain perma-swift. Balancing that placement with “Retreat!”s will give you it even if you just run through it.

It’s not really perma swift if you have to stop moving for nearly 4 out of every 15 seconds…. Even if you queue up the full duration, and try to recharge the 4 seconds every 15, you can’t build up enough swift to be anywhere near perma. It has group utility for sure, so it’s fine that Staff 4 isn’t a permaswift by itself, but let’s not PRETEND that it is.

Retreat combined with staff pretty well gets there, if you pre-stack some at the start to make up for the gap, have low shout duration trait (which isn’t uncommon), and boon duration… but then if you’re running staff in the first place, you’re probably planning on being in a group and can likely hope to fill in the gaps from other sources.

Personally, I gave up and put traveler’s runes on my roaming set. Stinks, but at least Guards can theoretically benefit (more than most classes) from the “all stats” options….

in Guardian

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Sure you can maintain swiftness if you use a staff and retreat properly, but what some of you are suggesting is that we sacrifice a useless weapon for a useless one like guardian staff while other classes can just pick a trait or one utility. Guardians have already been shot on with their reveal. Terrible name, useless skills, mediocre weapon skills, and left in the dust as far as speed goes.

in Guardian

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I’m personally fine with my options in terms of movement speed. I mostly play PvE so it’s a non-issue for me, but when I do step into WvWvW on the occasion that arises, it never really occurred to me that I was any slower than my teammates. In fact I was often towards the middle of the pack once we reached objectives.

That aside, yes, it would be nice to have a flat 25% boost in some form. But I honestly never really notice it, and I side-main a Thief with the signet constantly on. In fact, I’m slightly faster than my Thief in certain situations (rugged terrain, vertical obstacles).

Also, can’t wait for Dragon Hunter. I’m immediately speccing for it once I get the chance to. A useful ranged weapon? Hell yeah!

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

in Guardian

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

Sure you can maintain swiftness if you use a staff and retreat properly, but what some of you are suggesting is that we sacrifice a useless weapon for a useless one like guardian staff while other classes can just pick a trait or one utility. Guardians have already been shot on with their reveal. Terrible name, useless skills, mediocre weapon skills, and left in the dust as far as speed goes.

Staff is definitely not a useless weapon.. wut???? : O

For wvw, pack runes/staff/save yourself gives you plenty of in-combat swiftness.

Outside of in-combat I just switch retreat if I need to get somewhere and Leopard form when I need to run from zergs. When I am expecting a fight I just switch my utility/elite to w/e.

Not the best solution but heeyyy, I rather be built to fight then built to run. When Guardian goes in, its 100% commitment, first ones in, last ones out. Which is the main reason I dropped my warrior and played guardian, I like that mentality.

For the interest of build diversity it would be nice tho to have a 25% movement trait so I could try different things out without moving like a rock.

Pls make it happen Anet!!!!

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

(edited by Greek.4396)