Are mesmers getting toned down?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Curious to know, because I haven’t been keeping up, if the devs have come to terms with the fact that mesmers are significantly OP right now to the point of being broken?

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

In what game mode and why do you think they are OP in that game mode. Gotta state why you believe they are OP not just they are OP.

Betting time! Think the thread will get locked before it reaches the second page? xD

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

in Mesmer

MrSilver.5269

Talking about WvW and PvP

in Mesmer

Because you mention WvW I’m a bit scared. They will never be able to balance classes fully around in a 1v1 for roaming solo if that’s what your talking about. And again, you didn’t mention WHY you thought they were OP. You need to say why you think they are OP. Until then we can’t really have any meaningful discussion in this thread.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Because you mention WvW I’m a bit scared. They will never be able to balance classes around in a 1v1 for roaming solo if that’s what your talking about. And again, you didn’t mention WHY you thought they were OP. You need to say why you think they are OP. Until then we can’t really have any meaningful discussion in this thread.

The first rule of Guild Wars 2 players is ‘Does Mesmer still exist? Yes? Its OP nerf it’

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Also, u said u haven’t been keeping up… how do you know mesmers are indeed OP in this meta or not?

in Mesmer

Because you mention WvW I’m a bit scared. They will never be able to balance classes around in a 1v1 for roaming solo if that’s what your talking about. And again, you didn’t mention WHY you thought they were OP. You need to say why you think they are OP. Until then we can’t really have any meaningful discussion in this thread.

The first rule of Guild Wars 2 players is ‘Does Mesmer still exist? Yes? Its OP nerf it’

Yeah I think he/she may be a troll. We have to wait and see. If he can’t give us a reason I think it’s safe to say he’s a troll.

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Real rich coming from an Ele main.

I hate to say it, but I feel the exact same way. I have put some much time and money (gem store) into my elementalist….

PvP

• D/D Cele Ele meta anyone?

WvW

• Zerg Staff Ele anyone?
  • Invincible D/D super mobile roamers anyone?

Incidentally, when the trait system was changed it was Mesmers who were keeping the D/D cele eles in check. But don’t worry OP, Mes has had a number of nerfs since then. It’s probably safe to re-enter the faceroll.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Haha, post of the day.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neap.5402

Neap.5402

Judging from MrSilver’s previouse posts…. He is a troll Elementalist. <——- seems to be a thing as of late.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Curious to know, because I haven’t been keeping up, if the devs have come to terms with the fact that mesmers are significantly OP right now to the point of being broken?

No, they haven’t. They haven’t because mesmer isn’t significantly OP right now, you’re just significantly wrong. It’s quite an obvious conclusion actually.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-29-2015

The tldr is that it already happened. If you want more nerfs on top of that, well, see the rest of the posts in this thread.

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I imagine Confounding Suggestions might be on the radar still for Anet. Wouldn’t be surprised if Blinding Dissipation gets a CD per target like Inepitude at some point.

I think it’s more likely that Mesmer will just see buffs to non-torch off-hands and possibly staff to ‘gently nudge’ players away from the s/t + GS PU.

Gandara

in Mesmer

I imagine Confounding Suggestions might be on the radar still for Anet. Wouldn’t be surprised if Blinding Dissipation gets a CD per target like Inepitude at some point.

I think it’s more likely that Mesmer will just see buffs to non-torch off-hands and possibly staff to ‘gently nudge’ players away from the s/t + GS PU.

I could see a nerf to CS but why blinding Dissipation?

/s

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Because people don’t like it. Same with CS.

in Mesmer

I could see why to nerf CS because it significantly lowers the skill required by mesmer which used to be a high skill profession, but why blinding dissipation? I don’t see this as faceroll at all.

/s

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

I could see why to nerf CS because it significantly lowers the skill required by mesmer which used to be a high skill profession, but why blinding dissipation? I don’t see this as faceroll at all.

Incidentally a powerful argument for Anet to keep it.

Neither it or blinding dissipation make Mesmer “faceroll” however. This isnt ele, war, or guard we’re talking about. Nevertheless! People don’t like it.

in Mesmer

Neither it or blinding dissipation make Mesmer “faceroll” however. This isnt ele, war, or guard we’re talking about. Nevertheless! People don’t like it.

I mean it’s still not ele lvl faceroll but it’s super duper easy to burst people. Stun + burst. Rinse and repeat. Which is why I suggested in another thread ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Nerf-Confounding-Suggestions-1/first#post5595576 ) to nerf CS and make it slightly more of a skillful trait. Especially seeing as it’s a adept trait. I think its potential in the hands of a idiot is a little too much.

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I mean it’s still not ele lvl faceroll but it’s super duper easy to burst people. Stun + burst. Rinse and repeat. Which is why I suggested in another thread ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Nerf-Confounding-Suggestions-1/first#post5595576 ) to nerf CS and make it slightly more of a skillful trait. Especially seeing as it’s a adept trait. I think its potential in the hands of a idiot is a little too much.

Why does everyone think interrupt is the only way to make things skillful? Is every other class not skillful, because they don’t have any interrupt traits?

in Mesmer

Why does everyone think interrupt is the only way to make things skillful? Is every other class not skillful, because they don’t have any interrupt traits?

No, it’s not the only way, and I know that. But it is one way. I’d take any ideas you have to make CS more skillful. It’s just on interrupt was the most obvious and in my opinion the most likely to happen.

/s

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

No, it’s not the only way, and I know that. But it is one way. I’d take any ideas you have to make CS more skillful. It’s just on interrupt was the most obvious and in my opinion the most likely to happen.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Confounding-Suggestions-Suggestion/page/2#post5303095

in Mesmer

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Confounding-Suggestions-Suggestion/page/2#post5303095

Which does help. But it still has very little counterplay. If you make it on interrupt in addition to 10 second internal CD now you can cancel cast your skills if you know your opponents skill lvl to avoid getting stunned. The internal CD only being there to prevent it from still being faceroll vs GS mesmers, GS guardians and basically any class that has long cast time.

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I’m sorry but I see no reason why a mesmer cannot have a build that will gently ease you into the class.

Why is it every other class is allowed all the cotton wool padding, warm gentle hugs and passive kitten but noooo memser can’t have anything remotely like that. I mean I can’t even find a single auto immune trait in the entire class outside of pairing blurred inscriptions with SoI auto cast on phantasms.

No, mesmer needs to immediately pound the faces of anyone that wants to play it 6 feet under the dirt, stomp on it a few times. If they didn’t get the idea from that the class immediately sets fire to the player for good measure. Heaven forbid it be an enjoyable and welcoming class to play with no bugs and grossly unfair PvE mechanics rendering the class almost unusable.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I’m sorry but I see no reason why a mesmer cannot have a build that will gently ease you into the class.

Why is it every other class is allowed all the cotton wool padding, warm gentle hugs and passive kitten but noooo memser can’t have anything remotely like that. I mean I can’t even find a single auto immune trait in the entire class outside of pairing blurred inscriptions with SoI auto cast on phantasms.

No, mesmer needs to immediately pound the faces of anyone that wants to play it 6 feet under the dirt, stomp on it a few times. If they didn’t get the idea from that the class immediately sets fire to the player for good measure. Heaven forbid it be an enjoyable and welcoming class to play with no bugs and grossly unfair PvE mechanics rendering the class almost unusable.

QFT

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

You know what’s funnier? To make the most out of this proposed “easy mesmer setup” you’re talking about playing into a power/glass build (to make use of those bursts under those stuns). While CS makes for an easier feature to use amongst the various Mesmer kitten nal, it’s best associated with the least forgiving stat setup -_-u

+1 Apharma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

I think the simplest answer for this thread is: No, continue praying.

(edited by Khyber.1284)

in Mesmer

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

“oh we can never balance for wvw or 1v1s” is such BS.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

you missed the boat by a month man, nerf already happened and mesmer is no longer meta.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I would just like to know what MrSilver considers so overpowered with the profession within sPvP and WvW. In what way is it overpowered? In the way that it is a profession that will pound you in the face over and over as you level it, until you get your grasp around its mechanics, incidentally shaping you into a relatively skilled player (meaning most Mesmer players you face, are actually relatively skilled)? That it is a profession often confusing to fight against, for a new(er) player?

I mean, I guess I do understand where he’s coming from, as it must be overpowered if you can’t counter, e.g., a shatter, by kiting a mild distance away while you’re fighting, then as soon as you hear the distinct shatter sound cue, and/or see the illusions run towards you in synergy with one another (not forgetting the big burst of sparkly effects shooting off the Mesmer), either through timing and dodging towards them, or simply kiting in the opposite direction, avoid all the hurt which that would bring your way. Or how Stability makes interrupts a fair bit more harder to pull off. How the Mesmer has no real chase opportunity, and you can “win” by simply ignoring them and running where ever you were planning to go (in WvW at least). That must be it, the incredibly easy time you should have escaping/ignoring most Mesmers. Overpowered in a nutshell.

Give me a break. We’re not overpowered. We’re not weak either. We’re in an alright spot. Anyways, Mesmer’s aren’t overpowered. Play as one of us and fight someone with some relative skill in their bones, and you’ll see that it takes a bit of effort to be a decent Mesmer. It’s not as if we faceroll our keyboards.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

Guys… He hasn’t posted a single post after calling Mesmers OP. No supporting arguments, no supporting evidence, nothing. Just a blatant “nerf mesmers plz dey op” post.

Time to ignore the troll and move on, me thinks!

Kiss the chaos.

in Mesmer

“oh we can never balance for wvw or 1v1s” is such BS.

I didn’t say you can never, I just said you can’t fully balance around WvW or 1v1s. Honestly I would like PvP, WvW, and PvE to have separate balance but Anet doesn’t like the idea.

EDIT:

“I’m sorry but I see no reason why a mesmer cannot have a build that will gently ease you into the class.”

I don’t mind some stuff to “gently” ease someone into a class. I don’t mind builds that are easy to play. I just think there should be counterplay to said builds/traits. And so I feel CS could use some counterplay. I agree the OP is a troll, he doesn’t say why and he is talking about the class as a whole and simply wanting to nerf because mesmer is “OP”. I’m wanting to change CS to add more counterplay or make it less easy to use. And I even think you could buff some other mesmer trait to counteract the nerf to CS.

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oogabooga.3812

Oogabooga.3812

I am just guessing as to what is deemed “OP”, but I will suggest some ways to fight them:

Power/Stealth/Shatter: lots of traits are geared toward taking advantage of shatters and interrupts. They can approach you from stealth and then stunlock you for 7 secs (just might be OP) while every shatter hits.

For WvW roamers facing such a Mesmer, it is almost always instant death because even if you see the burst coming, the many different daze skills make it virtually impossible to defend if you cannot stealth, invuln, or don’t have 5 stacks of stability.
I can only suggest using aoe, staying on the offensive, and accurately dodging the burst. The good news is if you manage to survive the burst, the Mesmer is somewhat vulnerable for 15 seconds until they can use that burst again, but they will usually use that time to hide in stealth or kite just out of reach.

Condi/Chaos Armor: Again, there are traits that add much to the shatter. With scepter, applying torment and confusion is so easy that no class can outcleanse it. Staff puts on so many condis while giving boons for the Mesmer, the longer you face such a Mesmer, the lower your chance of winning.

The best way to fight one is to kill the illusions ASAP; they are the main source of damage, especially for staff mesmers. If you don’t, expect to feel 15+ stacks of confusion and 10 stacks of torment on top of other random condis. (What’s OP about that, right?)

Either way, if you can put pressure on the Mesmer, they are a light armor class and prone to CCs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Guys… He hasn’t posted a single post after calling Mesmers OP. No supporting arguments, no supporting evidence, nothing. Just a blatant “nerf mesmers plz dey op” post.

Time to ignore the troll and move on, me thinks!

This man gets it, +1

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I dont know how people can think mesmers are op. I admit I use mesmer for PVE far more than wvw/pvp, but as a necro main for pvp I havent struggled with a mesmer in… a very long time

in Mesmer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Still feel damage on both power and condi is a bit high, but its at a fine balance right now, anything more from anet might gut mesmer again.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Going to have to agree with the vets on this one: Mesmer isn’t op. In the hands of a mesmer main/very experienced roamer/spvp player, mesmer seems op as hell. I’ve had my run ins lol. The thing is, good mesmers are very good at chaining together invulns, blinds, evades, CCs, and (excessively long) stealths such that they seem unkillable, all while dealing good damage. If you don’t know mesmer well, you can’t upset that mojo too successfully. Imo, certain traits still need some looking at, especially PU. (it got nerfed…. and is still op)

Other than certain PU-based builds, I wouldn’t say mesmer is OP, they are just on the extreme end of being very bursty which isn’t a bad thing! Make a mesmer, get good with it, and take it for a test run in pvp. You’ll soon learn how other players can deal with mesmers.

in Mesmer

MrSilver.5269

For WvW roamers facing such a Mesmer, it is almost always instant death because even if you see the burst coming, the many different daze skills make it virtually impossible to defend if you cannot stealth, invuln, or don’t have 5 stacks of stability.

This.

in Mesmer

MrSilver.5269

In the hands of a mesmer main/very experienced roamer/spvp player, mesmer seems op as hell. I’ve had my run ins lol. The thing is, good mesmers are very good at chaining together invulns, blinds, evades, CCs, and (excessively long) stealths such that they seem unkillable, all while dealing good damage. If you don’t know mesmer well, you can’t upset that mojo too successfully. Imo, certain traits still need some looking at, especially PU. (it got nerfed…. and is still op)

And this.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

In the hands of a mesmer main/very experienced roamer/spvp player, mesmer seems op as hell. I’ve had my run ins lol. The thing is, good mesmers are very good at chaining together invulns, blinds, evades, CCs, and (excessively long) stealths such that they seem unkillable, all while dealing good damage. If you don’t know mesmer well, you can’t upset that mojo too successfully. Imo, certain traits still need some looking at, especially PU. (it got nerfed…. and is still op)

And this.

That’s a shame then, I guess you’re just fated to keep getting dumpstered by any mesmers you meet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

Seriously? People ask you to please elaborate on your original post so we can have a constructive conversation and you respond with three words a week later?

Its really hard to interpret this thread as anything but trolling…

Can someone please close this so it doesn’t get bumped again?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

The OP should gives reason why he/she thinks this. I play a lot of PvP and when I look at my combat logs the highest burst damage classes are burn Guards, Warrs, burn Engi, and Necros. I don’t have any problems with almost instant burst downs from 21K from other Mes. Also Mes have received a disproportionate amount of nerfs already. Any more would revert Mes back to pre-patch levels.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Curious to know, because I haven’t been keeping up, if you’ve come to terms with the fact that you are significantly completely wrong right now to the point of being a laughingstock?

in Mesmer

MrSilver.5269

Curious to know, because I haven’t been keeping up, if you’ve come to terms with the fact that you are significantly completely wrong right now to the point of being a laughingstock?

Have to laugh at this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

mesmer need nerf bcoz they dps to much forum stealth with there ilusions and clones and then they shatter to one shot you in stealth while keeping you perma dazed and perma crippled and perma 5k confusion roflmao this class is a joke and people used to be skills to win on this but now you face roll with perma stealth perma invuln perma aegis and regen and prot and everything.dont even start on phantasms their broken with how much burst they do on top of all this gg chrono i will be rolling mesmer from dd ele as its vastly more op and no point using anything else at least u needed skill for ele.

P.S. Do you know how hard it is to type that badly on an iPad that autocorrects every single thing even if you go back and edit it’s?!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

@Apharma

When the OP comes back next week to bump this thread, he is going to quote your first paragraph…

After the quote will read:

This too.

(edited by Mikkel.8427)