Chronomancer Buffs Across Board?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Was this necessary? It was already a top build last season without these very powerful and game changing buffs.

*Mesmer *
For this update, the mesmer is receiving mostly baseline utility changes. Both the Phantasmal Disenchanter and Defender skills now have on-cast effects to gain a little more immediate effect and to differentiate the utility skill from the Mental Defense trait. Mirror Blade’s last bounce has also returned, offering higher damage to power builds.

• Mirror Blade: Increased the number of bounces produced by this attack from 3 to 4.
  • The Prestige: The number of burning stacks have been increased from 1 to 3 stacks for 3 seconds.
  • Illusionary Mage: The recharge of the mage’s attack has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds. Burning stacks have been increased from 1 to 2 stacks, with the duration reduced from 6 to 3. The missile velocity of the mage’s attack has been increased by 33%.
  • Signet of Midnight: This skill now delivers an unblockable attack and will no longer apply blindness through evade. This skill now applies 10 stacks of vulnerability as well as cripple for 5 seconds, in addition to blinding enemies.
  • Mirror Images: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 45 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Arcane Thievery: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 45 seconds to 35 seconds.
  • Mantra of Distraction: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 20 seconds to 12 seconds.
  • Power Lock: The recharge between uses has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Mantra of Resolve: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
  • Mantra of Concentration: The stability duration has been increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds per activation.
  • Phantasmal Defender: This utility skill now applies protection for 4 seconds in a radius around the mesmer. The damage reduction from this illusion has been reduced from 50% to 33%.
  • Phantasmal Disenchanter: This utility skill now delivers an additional attack when it is initially cast, removing boons from enemies and conditions from allies in a radius around the target.
  • Phantasmal Haste: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working with Illusionary Avenger.
  • Echo of Memory: Updated the skill fact for Echo of Memory’s duration.
  • Ineptitude: This trait will now track the internal cooldown for confusion application on a per-target basis. The blind earned from dodging and evading will now properly apply confusion as well.
  • Illusionary Inspiration: This trait will no longer activate Signet of Inspiration when phantasm casts are interrupted.

Attachments:

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nerifes.4931

Nerifes.4931

It’s still not strong enough. Needss to have the ability that whenever you shatter a clone it AoE condi clear and heals up to 5 allies in the area, no cooldown on the effect.

[TV] Jade Quarry

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

“It was already a top build”, you’re just getting tilted from all the positive changes, too tilted to realize that the previous meta build uses none of the affected traits and utilities.

Besides Illusionary Defender going down to -33%

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Mesmer

Posted by: Genesis.7356

Genesis.7356

You see, you have answered the question yourself.

“It was already a top build last season without these very powerful and game changing buffs.”

The buffs to Mesmer this patch affect skills and traits that the condition build did not even use. They simply make another build, power shatter, semi viable again.

Yes, the mantras were buffed, but you really can’t substitute Illusions, Inspiration, or Chronomancer for Dueling.

As I said earlier, the buffs this time around simply make playing shatter possible again, and honestly, there is nothing to fear. It is extremely easy to counter.

(edited by Genesis.7356)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

The buffs to Mesmer this patch affect skills and traits that the condition build did not even use. The simply make another build, power shatter, semi viable again.

He’s referring to the Domination, Dueling, Chaos, Inspiration, Illusions, Chronomancer build with 9 utility slots build that’s dominated forever

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

“It was already a top build”, you’re just getting tilted from all the positive changes, too tilted to realize that the previous meta build uses none of the affected traits and utilities.

Are you forgetting it grants protection now?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

OP is right, given the ten or eleven viable chronomancer builds we saw in the meta last season, these have inadvertently buffed all eleven chrono builds and potentially added a 12th!

Arguably these buffs are so insane core mesmer is OP now too. You don’t even need the inspiration line anymore. In fact, just trait chronomancer. Leave the other two lines blank.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LeCardCaptor.6730

LeCardCaptor.6730

Are you forgetting it grants protection now?

Only the utility Phantasmal Defender gives protection, the on-dodge trait one does not. As mentionned in the patch notes, ‘’Both the Phantasmal Disenchanter and Defender skills now have on-cast effects to gain a little more immediate effect and to differentiate the utility skill from the Mental Defense trait. ’’

in Mesmer

Posted by: Unterkiefer.8372

Unterkiefer.8372

Players: we don’t like condition mesmer it requires no skill
ArenaNet : no problem, here is a power/interrupt alternative
Players: mesmer has a possible power-build? It’s op
Me thinking: maybe the hate does not stem from what we do but who we are…

Lem Semmel [SF]

Sorry for shattering your illusions

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Players: we don’t like condition mesmer it requires no skill
ArenaNet : no problem, here is a power/interrupt alternative
Players: mesmer has a possible power-build? It’s op
Me thinking: maybe the hate does not stem from what we do but who we are…

Is enemy running Mesmer? Yes
Is enemy mesmer running traits and/or weapons and/or breathing? Yes
Conclusion: Hate.

XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

My issue with this is more of why they only gave a new viable build to mesmers while disregarding others.

You can say that I’m a bit biased because I’m obviously an Ele main who’s sick of the support meta and I’ve been dying to see a viable zerk build for eles.

But what do I see? Non-bunker Ele builds got nerfed harder than meta tempests (base healing of traits and heal, now we need healing power even more) with no buffs/possibility fo an alternate DPS build. Why did viable mesmers got buffs for a new viable build while Eles were to die left on a sinking ship?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

They buffed traits/utilities/skills for power builds, which haven’t been seen in the meta since pre-HoT PU shatter. I’m not sure exactly what you’re taking issue with.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

I love nerfing mesmers as much as the next guy but I honestly don’t see a problem with this. Thieves and guardians will more likely be the headaches of S4

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The buffs to Mesmer this patch affect skills and traits that the condition build did not even use. The simply make another build, power shatter, semi viable again.

He’s referring to the Domination, Dueling, Chaos, Inspiration, Illusions, Chronomancer build with 9 utility slots build that’s dominated forever

Ahhhh yes, the good old 30/30/30/30/30 build from back in the day. A true classic, though I suppose we can upgrade to 30/30/30/30/30/30 now.

in Mesmer

Trevor Boyer.6524

Lots of assumptions and words being put in to my mouth here. Thanks guys.

Let me rephrase this:
Do we need to be buffing anything else?
Or do we need to be nerfing things that were too good? Like HoT specs in general.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Ah, sorry about that. Let me use your words exactly as written to avoid this issue.

Was this necessary? It was already a top build last season without these very powerful and game changing buffs.

Right, so as you so explicitly stated, you’re complaining that the mesmer build was already strong without these buffs. The problem is that none of the buffs touch anything the strong mesmer build uses, instead helping some of the far weaker unused mesmer builds.

In other words, you’re totally wrong and this complaint has absolutely zero value.

Any questions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Ah, sorry about that. Let me use your words exactly as written to avoid this issue.

Right, so as you so explicitly stated, you’re complaining that the mesmer build was already strong without these buffs. The problem is that none of the buffs touch anything the strong mesmer build uses, instead helping some of the far weaker unused mesmer builds.

In other words, you’re totally wrong and this complaint has absolutely zero value.

Any questions?

Except that condi mesmer would probably try scepter/torch… Perhaps torch could replace Shield, so mesmer could kill faster than they were able to.

I don’t agree with RANT all classes buff or NERF.

But at least Mesmer got something to work for. Their support side is “buff” a bit and it’s welcomed even if the “support” amulet don’t work much on mesmer.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Any questions?

Except that condi mesmer would probably try scepter/torch… Perhaps torch could replace Shield, so mesmer could kill faster than they were able to.

But at least Mesmer got something to work for. Their support side is “buff” a bit and it’s welcomed even if the “support” amulet don’t work much on mesmer.

Torch is used for stealth, not condi application. And the condi aspect was buffed oh so much, a whole 2 extra stacks of burning on one of the attacks, and our phantasm got an extra stack but the total duration was halved, so no effect there. I don’t know how anyone could deal with that man. Honestly the torch needs far more buffs than that to be a viable weapon that isn’t just used for its stealth.

All these changes did was allow us to run a different build again and gave us the chance to not be forced to carry our inspiration trait line. That’s about it. Mesmer still isn’t the best class out there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Any questions?

Torch is still trash, mesmer won’t use that over shield.

in Mesmer

Trevor Boyer.6524

Any questions?

You’re very classy

My concern is over whatever new meta is going to appear that is stronger than the previous meta. This kind of power creeping seriously needs to stop. The problem was introduced with over powered specializations. Rather than toning down specializations, they now seem to just be buffing everything else. This is going to add months or years required to once again the balance the game. It would have been easier to simply bring HoT specializations back in to balance with everything else as it was pre 6/23/2015.

in Mesmer

Posted by: myren.5490

myren.5490

The worst part of balance patches? The forum posts complaining. “phantasmal disenchanter got buffed. Chronomancer buffs all across the board.” /sad /facepalm

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

ppl forget 50% dmg reduction is now 33%. no toughness so only 2k armor

we can take more dmg so basically thief got buffed

yes to compensate we got torch buff – wow reflect on the way …..

yes condi mesmer is good in 1v1 .

power lockdown mesmer still in high tier just maybe…. low lvl tier bring it on like it was.

support mesmer gone with the wind with no cleric….

but burning guard just got huge buffed…. and ppl still complain about mesmer….

in Mesmer

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

The only people that are complaining about Mesmer, are those that have no clue how to fight Mesmers. Mesmer is not massively OP atm. Learn to fight them. Go practice and get off these forums. Best of luck.

Delpfine Drake

in Mesmer

Posted by: joshmossas.6542

joshmossas.6542

OP obviously doesn’t play mesmer because if he did he would realize that none of these buffs affect last season’s condi build. The only one I see from a quick skim thru is:

“Phantasmal Defender: This utility skill now applies protection for 4 seconds in a radius around the mesmer. The damage reduction from this illusion has been reduced from 50% to 33%.”

Which is actually a nerf to the trait, and a buff to the utility skill (which the meta build did not use)

All of the buffs are aimed at boosting power mesmer and lesser used abilities.

Click for dumb PVP videos and probably some other nonesense :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSzslxjEkG4oZJ4ubPZHIg

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Dont worry. To summarize it to you (since you dont know/play mesmer):

-Meta mesmer was nerfed (phantasm defender 50→33% dmg reduction).

-From “all” that buffs, you may only notice greatsword #2 extra bounce back and possible daze mantra reappearence.

-The rest of buffs wont, most likely, make it. They will stay unused skills.
Mantras long cast dont pay off for only 2 charges (maybe they do when traited that it is on Dueling line, unused, and competes with DE, the most obvious choice when choosing this line)
Utility phantasms still do too little on their own (dumb AI), and 1.5s cast time kills it.
AT main problem wasnt properly the CD but a condi clear skill that just removes your conditions when it hits the enemy, has a huge after-cast delay and randomly fails every now and then… a skill with good potential… but still nah….

So you see, nothing to worry about.. If the “old” power mesmer makes an appearence, it will just be food for DHs and Thiefs.
If a power-bruiser focusing on boons (cause new amulets) appears, it will be just food for necros.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

We mesmers got buffed everywhere EVEN condi. The rest of the patch does indeed help the condi build unfortunately

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

We mesmers got buffed everywhere EVEN condi. The rest of the patch does indeed help the condi build unfortunately

What you can take from this post-

Nonviable mesmer stuff got buffed.

Nonviable buffed mesmer stuff still nonviable.

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

P.S. Nothing was buffed that the meta condi chrono build uses. How this was missed by this mesmer is astounding. We mesmers know otherwise.

~Posturing like a boss.

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

P.S. Nothing was buffed that the meta condi chrono build uses. How this was missed by this mesmer is astounding. We mesmers know otherwise.

~Posturing like a boss.

Read the rest of the patch notes and you’ll see what i’m talking about. Was the build directly buffed no, but it was indirectly buffed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Wait until meta settles and then you can say for sure if other classes changes resulted in indirect buff to mesmer. Right now you cant say that.
You may be surprised… But other classes can also use other builds other than past metas known ones.
On top of my head i can say that if DHs got what it takes to be in the next meta, current mesmer will obviously be weaker.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

Read the rest of the patch notes and you’ll see what i’m talking about. Was the build directly buffed no, but it was indirectly buffed.

“Indirectly buffed” You keep using that phrase. I don’t think you fully understand what it means though.

Just because other classes had their sustain toned down isn’t a buff to mesmers, not even indirectly. That is just class balancing. Making them easier to kill period is not a buff to mesmers, it just isn’t. All it does is bring them more in line with other classes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Hey look, it’s another “I don’t play mesmer and I don’t care to learn what their skills do but it destroyed me last game and hardcounters my playstyle of mashing all buttons at once so I will hate on it eternally even though I have no idea what I’m talking about,” the thread.

How original.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Hey look, it’s another “I don’t play mesmer and I don’t care to learn what their skills do but it destroyed me last game and hardcounters my playstyle of mashing all buttons at once so I will hate on it eternally even though I have no idea what I’m talking about,” the thread.

How original.

You know I almost died of suffocation while reading this post right?

Anyway I think its waaay too early to judge mesmer got “indirectly buffed” without new meta shifts. And berserker roaming roles are all too rare in past seasons anyway.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

As a mesmer main. Mesmer has been op. I’ve been saying this since before HoT but they never fix them. Their issue is healing the have to much healing and condition clear. That’s the reason the go into stealth and appear somewhere else at full hp. It isn’t short CD it is too much healing. The inspiration trait-line needs to be spread out or nerfed. Idefender didn’t need the nerf. The healing condition removal traits did.

One phantasm. The dis-enchanter is enough to keep conditions off of you and prevent your opponent from might stacking for damage or regen stacking for sustain. Try it out. They dont need all of the extra sustain. (The next one that takes the cake for too much sustain is revanent.)

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

“Indirectly buffed” You keep using that phrase. I don’t think you fully understand what it means though.

Just because other classes had their sustain toned down isn’t a buff to mesmers, not even indirectly. That is just class balancing. Making them easier to kill period is not a buff to mesmers, it just isn’t. All it does is bring them more in line with other classes.

So the build which was God tier last meta didn’t get nerfed but ALL the builds it faces/has problems with did…..and you claim it wasn’t indirectly buffed.

The defense rests.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

So the build which was God tier last meta didn’t get nerfed but ALL the builds it faces/has problems with did…..and you claim it wasn’t indirectly buffed.

The defense rests.

Great, so you concede that S3 Condi Chrono build wasn’t buffed, and your statement was factually wrong. Glad we cleared that up.

Ooo facts, let’s go over some. Meta Condi Chrono was hard countered by both condi berserker and power berserker, and still is now. Meta Condi chrono has zero boon removal and can’t do anything to high resistant uptime. Condi chrono relies HEAVILY on blocks, and fails completely to unblockables. Condi chrono is susceptible to range pressure, has poor kiting ability, and zero stealth for target drop. Meta condi chrono has a single stun break, and zero stability, making it susceptible to CC/interrupt/lockdown. Meta condi chrono isnt weak by any stretch, and can have other lesser troubles not mentioned here (heavy direct aoe pressure killing clones for example), but if you don’t know how to take down a condi chrono, and thinks its super OP, it’s 100% a learn to play issue on your part.

Here’s how a typical fight goes against a meta condi chrono when you A: know what you’re doing, and B: come prepared (pro tip: note the unblockables shutting down all his “OP” defences, and his inability to escape heavy ranged pressure)
https://youtu.be/_78YhAAcs6w?t=111

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

PS: If anything the balancing of other classes will allow for the entry of more classes/builds to deal with things like meta condi chrono. This is a good thing.

in Mesmer

Zelulose.8695

I say nerf Condi/chrono defenses.

But don’t add more anti this anti that. Unblockables are a counter intuitive addition that makes any game feel less fun. This is the same principle with cc lock. Why arrange a nice flowing build just to be cc locked and not be able to use it. This is not fun and that is why it called to be removed by the playerbase. Similarly it is foolish to ads defensive skills to a game with skills that cannot be defended against especially unblockable buffs because that makes everything counter defenses which were solely put there to defend against the damage in the first place.

To express how silly this game has gotten why not add unblockable blocks that can block unblockable skills and better yet ad skills that hit through defy pain so we really get complicated?

Gw2 was not made to be a rock paper scissors game. People who played the beta remember this. It was meant to be any class could put out their respective style of play matched to player skill. Skill was to win not the counter spec.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

But don’t add more anti this anti that. Unblockables are a counter intuitive addition that makes any game feel less fun. This is the same principle with cc lock. Why arrange a nice flowing build just to be cc locked and not be able to use it. This is not fun and that is why it called to be removed by the playerbase. Similarly it is foolish to ads defensive skills to a game with skills that cannot be defended against especially unblockable buffs because that makes everything counter defenses which were solely put there to defend against the damage in the first place.

To express how silly this game has gotten why not add unblockable blocks that can block unblockable skills and better yet ad skills that hit through defy pain so we really get complicated?

Gw2 was not made to be a rock paper scissors game. People who played the beta remember this. It was meant to be any class could put out their respective style of play matched to player skill. Skill was to win not the counter spec.

Conditions can be applied, and “hit” through defy pain -_-u And it’s not complicated at all.

in Mesmer

Zelulose.8695

Conditions can be applied, and “hit” through defy pain -_-u And it’s not complicated at all.

You missed the point. I wasn’t talking about debuffs I was talking satire about adding a physical attack skill that can hit though defy pain. This is besides the point. I’m just saying rock paper scissors spec balancing will prevent skillful play. It is better to remove the toxic element rather than add another one that will affect more classes than just mesmer. (Unblockables will affect revanent, warrior, thief now,. engineer, ranger, and any class that wanted to incorporate block into their build.) It is much cleaner for players sake just to fix mesmer itself.

They have allot of options for condi chrono fixes

1). Illusion Retaliation hurts aoe builds (On one extreme silly note, death lotus Daredevil Dodge “Death Lotus” causes 3 impacts to 3 targets. (9x~200) every time they dodge meaning thief cant evade with this trait vs mesmer at all or they kill themselves Similar issue with thief daggers which are actually aoe and elementalists which are also aoe it is already enough that Mesmer can stand behind clones to avoid projectiles like a free shield.

2). Healing on shatter. This skill alone allows mesmer remove conditions even while cc and heal even while cc’ed.

3). Invulnerability and shatters in general should not be usable while stunned as there is nothing a player can do to get their burst off without taking burst in return or just having the mesmer distort out of any sticky situation that it is in due to a lack of skill.

4). If a mesmer is going to have condition damage on shatter don’t give it a constant stream from phantasm. Dps mesmer usually choose phant damage (fury on phantasms) or Shatter damage. Condition mesmer doesn’t sacrifice anything. Illusions deal condition damage but only like 3-0 physical damage. While phantasms and shatters can still be used because the specs dont sacrifice shatter condi for phantasm condition. Conditioning with phantasms should be a trait.

There are others but these are the big issues between power and condition chrono and the reason why they are strong right now. (I could have mentioned phantasmal disenchanter but that is purely 1 vs 1)

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

Great, so you concede that S3 Condi Chrono build wasn’t buffed, and your statement was factually wrong. Glad we cleared that up.

Ooo facts, let’s go over some. Meta Condi Chrono was hard countered by both condi berserker and power berserker, and still is now. Meta Condi chrono has zero boon removal and can’t do anything to high resistant uptime. Condi chrono relies HEAVILY on blocks, and fails completely to unblockables. Condi chrono is susceptible to range pressure, has poor kiting ability, and zero stealth for target drop. Meta condi chrono has a single stun break, and zero stability, making it susceptible to CC/interrupt/lockdown. Meta condi chrono isnt weak by any stretch, and can have other lesser troubles not mentioned here (heavy direct aoe pressure killing clones for example), but if you don’t know how to take down a condi chrono, and thinks its super OP, it’s 100% a learn to play issue on your part.

Here’s how a typical fight goes against a meta condi chrono when you A: know what you’re doing, and B: come prepared (pro tip: note the unblockables shutting down all his “OP” defences, and his inability to escape heavy ranged pressure)

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

PS: If anything the balancing of other classes will allow for the entry of more classes/builds to deal with things like meta condi chrono. This is a good thing.

Indirect is something you should look up.

Also please don’t post videos of non meta builds claiming counter. A condi Mesmer can hold out long enough vs a condi warrior for help to arrive or just out maneuver him.

Please use real examples next time

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

Also please don’t post videos of non meta builds claiming counter. A condi Mesmer can hold out long enough vs a condi warrior for help to arrive or just out maneuver him.

Are you suggesting bringing a “meta” build to a fight that isnt capable of doing the job?

I don’t think you realize how playing to win works.

You claim Meta Condi Chrono is “God tier”. I prove Meta Condi Chrono is HARD counterable (meaning utterly defeatable). You ignore/evade the argument as always.

FYI, in conquest, pushing the meta condi chrono off point for the decap is a victory for the fight. Of course the chrono can “avoid” (staff kite, f4 distortion). He looses the point regardless.

Any argument that “help can arrive” aka “Meta condi chrono saved by rotations” is at best a weak argument because A: That means his team is weaker on the other two points, and B: the other team can simply rotate to make it an even 2v2.

Please, continue with your “God tier” argument. I’d like to hear more

~Still a L2P issue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

@Thread title – funny, they all look like base mesmer buffs for neglected/unused skills to me.

Regarding condi chrono, I don’t think it is as powerful as it is whined about being on these forums for one reason – amulets. If you take Viper, Carrion or Sinister then you’re extremely easy to kill. I play Viper when I play condi and it is more difficult to play than using Demolisher for power.

Wanderer doesn’t really have enough toughness to sustain itself given it also can’t output high burst damage either (unlike Demolisher where you can still 100-10% some builds hp while having reasonable toughness).

So that leaves Rabid – but then you have a low health pool and abysmal direct damage and the toughness doesn’t provide enough sustain to make up for the lower overall damage output. In any case don’t worry, I’m sure Anet will be deleting Rabid amulet before the next season.

The only legit problem I could entertain regarding condi mesmer is Inspiration: what could still be done next patch is sharing out the condi removal/sustain of Inspiration into other lines, because even with the iDefender nerf it is still to good to pass up.

Shatter spam is a problem with every mesmer build right now thanks to design changes over the last year, so that is not condi exclusive. You end up spamming shatters in every build.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Is it a bad thing that I just don’t care enough to tussle with all the usual suspects embarrassing themselves with their utter ignorance of basic concepts? Just seems pointless to me. If everyone ignored them they would go away eventually.

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

Are you suggesting bringing a “meta” build to a fight that isnt capable of doing the job?

You claim Meta Condi Chrono is “God tier”. I prove Meta Condi Chrono is HARD counterable (meaning utterly defeatable). You ignore/evade the argument as always.

FYI, in conquest, pushing the meta condi chrono off point for the decap is a victory for the fight. Of course the chrono can “avoid” (staff kite, f4 distortion). He looses the point regardless.

Any argument that “help can arrive” aka “Meta condi chrono saved by rotations” is at best a weak argument because A: That means his team is weaker on the other two points, and B: the other team can simply rotate to make it an even 2v2.

~Still a L2P issue.

I got the entire ESL pro league on my side bruh. You got yourself running a non meta warrior who you built to counter 1 specific build.

So can you tell me which team ran a power warrior in the finals? Can you tell me which teams ran condi mesmers ^^

Again come at me when you have legitimate examples and facts instead of “Look what I did in Hot Join bruh!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I think it’s just that even ANet finally realized that balancing for the 100 or so remaining sPvP players is just annoying to their actual customers.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Zelulose.8695

I think it’s just that even ANet finally realized that balancing for the 100 or so remaining sPvP players is just annoying to their actual customers.

This is extreme but true. I hadn’t thought that the reason they don’t listen to spvp is because we are an ever decreasing minority. PvE is actually beginning to get fun so I may venture there for a little while Lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This is extreme but true. I hadn’t thought that the reason they don’t listen to spvp is because we are an ever decreasing minority. PvE is actually beginning to get fun so I may venture there for a little while Lol.

Well yeah the number is a huge exaggeration ofc, but…
Thing is, maybe GW2 could have been a solid sPvP game. Maybe. If it had focused on nothing else. The devs spread themselves too thin, and even if they hadn’t it’s a big if because the market is no longer at all like it was when GW1 released. Nowadays MOBAs reign supreme in the tactical-action party-based PvP scene. That’s a big thing to overcome. Look at how much Heroes of the Storm struggles to make way against DotA2 and LoL, and that is a) Blizzard and b) an actual MOBA.

I mean don’t get me wrong, I’d hate it if someone axes WvW, though at the same time I have to admit that as much as I loved RvR in DAoC, the devs lack the time and the focus to make WvW as enjoyable as that was. I’d rather have them focus on one thing at a time, and actually excel at that.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

~Still a L2P issue.

I got the entire ESL pro league on my side bruh. You got yourself running a non meta warrior who you built to counter 1 specific build.

So can you tell me which team ran a power warrior in the finals? Can you tell me which teams ran condi mesmers ^^

Again come at me when you have legitimate examples and facts instead of “Look what I did in Hot Join bruh!”

Actually you’re wrong and misinformed as usual Azukas citing who you believe to know better but without understanding what they say or do for yourself.

In the pro league finals didn’t you think it was weird that TCG condi warrior ran the non condition damage greatsword?

Helseth explained the reasoning behind this afterwards on his stream (can’t link as you need to sub to see vods now) and that was that it allowed the warrior to win match ups it usually wouldn’t and they knew what the likely team comp of Rank 55 was.

Just to explain the point clearly: You adjust your builds to counter what you’re fighting. In Ross’ examples power warrior is alright against things that do not apply tons of poison and/or blinds which put him at a favourable match up vs mesmer, ele, druid and can do alright vs engy and rev. This is mostly due to CI and adrenal healing with HS giving 1k/s regen and blinds/blocks (note you can proc off pets) would shut it down hard.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

Please, continue with your “God tier” argument. I’d like to hear more :D

~Still a L2P issue.

You lost this entire debate when you failed to demonstrate where meta condi chrono got buffed. Please list which of the changes in the notes did this. And as a help to you, it doesn’t matter how many pro leagers you’d like to claim are you friends, nor how many adhominoms you’d like drag out such as what you think of various builds, or what game modes you’d like to presume are in question :)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

~Still a L2P issue.

Actually you’re wrong and misinformed as usual Azukas citing who you believe to know better but without understanding what they say or do for yourself.

In the pro league finals didn’t you think it was weird that TCG condi warrior ran the non condition damage greatsword?

Helseth explained the reasoning behind this afterwards on his stream (can’t link as you need to sub to see vods now) and that was that it allowed the warrior to win match ups it usually wouldn’t and they knew what the likely team comp of Rank 55 was.

Just to explain the point clearly: You adjust your builds to counter what you’re fighting. In Ross’ examples power warrior is alright against things that do not apply tons of poison and/or blinds which put him at a favourable match up vs mesmer, ele, druid and can do alright vs engy and rev. This is mostly due to CI and adrenal healing with HS giving 1k/s regen and blinds/blocks (note you can proc off pets) would shut it down hard.

Yup, GS wasnt in the meta lineup by any stretch, but playing to win is a concept some people refuse to grasp XD

Also, one of the major benefits a war has is instant, long access to resistance. In fact, a good warrior can intentionally eat a blind, then go in for a big hit faking out his opponent by letting them think he’ll whiff due to blind, only to proc resistance and smack them right through it.

But again, it’s ok. Just because one player can’t counter the rest of the high block, high resistance up time, in a high condi output meta with a build not being used by 20 people in the pro league doesn’t mean the rest of us haven’t learned to play effectivly against all these “God tier meta builds”.

Rofl.

Also +1 Fay

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Their defenses are fine the way it is. The two heals you are most likely to see a mesmer carry is the well and ether feast. With the well its easy to push them off to not gain the last, bigger heal on the third tick (and fyi in case you don’t actually play chrono. They get about 40% of the heal from casting the well and about 60% of the heal from standing in it on the third tick. Nothing else) and deny them most of their heal. With ether feast its long cast time gives you plenty of time to interrupt it and also lock them out of a heal for a few more seconds. That leaves them with their shatters. But no good mesmer will blow through their shatters to heal themselves unless they are sure that they can get you in the next few seconds no matter what you do.

If you think they have too much condi cleanse that’s fine. Don’t use condis against them? Not to mention that other classes (Druid) have far more condi cleanse than chronos do. But really though. 1 condi is cleansed with every shatter, and heal spells only do it if traited to cleanse condis. The phantasm can be killed quite easily. If that is too much for you to handle then it isn’t a problem with the chrono class, it s aproblem with you not knowing how to fight them