Chronomancer Buffs Across Board?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

This is extreme but true. I hadn’t thought that the reason they don’t listen to spvp is because we are an ever decreasing minority. PvE is actually beginning to get fun so I may venture there for a little while Lol.

Well yeah the number is a huge exaggeration ofc, but…
Thing is, maybe GW2 could have been a solid sPvP game. Maybe. If it had focused on nothing else. The devs spread themselves too thin, and even if they hadn’t it’s a big if because the market is no longer at all like it was when GW1 released. Nowadays MOBAs reign supreme in the tactical-action party-based PvP scene. That’s a big thing to overcome. Look at how much Heroes of the Storm struggles to make way against DotA2 and LoL, and that is a) Blizzard and b) an actual MOBA.

I mean don’t get me wrong, I’d hate it if someone axes WvW, though at the same time I have to admit that as much as I loved RvR in DAoC, the devs lack the time and the focus to make WvW as enjoyable as that was. I’d rather have them focus on one thing at a time, and actually excel at that.

HoTS struggled because it debuted with a pretty bad match making system.

Moreover, HoTS unlike LoL and DOTA does NOT allow you to carry and solo groups of players by yourself even remotely.

There’s no real equivalent of an ADC or fed top. There’s not even a comparison in “fed”, because HoTS keeps levels between opposing sides fairly even.

What this translates to is that HoTS is entirely team reliant. You can’t carry randoms at all.

This poses problem for the sizable solo queue demographic in MOBA games. If MMR hell is real, its name is HoTS soloQ.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

We mesmers got buffed everywhere EVEN condi. The rest of the patch does indeed help the condi build unfortunately

What you can take from this post-

Nonviable mesmer stuff got buffed.

Nonviable buffed mesmer stuff still nonviable.

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

P.S. Nothing was buffed that the meta condi chrono build uses. How this was missed by this mesmer is astounding. We mesmers know otherwise.

~Posturing like a boss.

Read the rest of the patch notes and you’ll see what i’m talking about. Was the build directly buffed no, but it was indirectly buffed.

“Indirectly buffed” You keep using that phrase. I don’t think you fully understand what it means though.

Just because other classes had their sustain toned down isn’t a buff to mesmers, not even indirectly. That is just class balancing. Making them easier to kill period is not a buff to mesmers, it just isn’t. All it does is bring them more in line with other classes.

So the build which was God tier last meta didn’t get nerfed but ALL the builds it faces/has problems with did…..and you claim it wasn’t indirectly buffed.

The defense rests.

Great, so you concede that S3 Condi Chrono build wasn’t buffed, and your statement was factually wrong. Glad we cleared that up.

Ooo facts, let’s go over some. Meta Condi Chrono was hard countered by both condi berserker and power berserker, and still is now. Meta Condi chrono has zero boon removal and can’t do anything to high resistant uptime. Condi chrono relies HEAVILY on blocks, and fails completely to unblockables. Condi chrono is susceptible to range pressure, has poor kiting ability, and zero stealth for target drop. Meta condi chrono has a single stun break, and zero stability, making it susceptible to CC/interrupt/lockdown. Meta condi chrono isnt weak by any stretch, and can have other lesser troubles not mentioned here (heavy direct aoe pressure killing clones for example), but if you don’t know how to take down a condi chrono, and thinks its super OP, it’s 100% a learn to play issue on your part.

Here’s how a typical fight goes against a meta condi chrono when you A: know what you’re doing, and B: come prepared (pro tip: note the unblockables shutting down all his “OP” defences, and his inability to escape heavy ranged pressure)
https://youtu.be/_78YhAAcs6w?t=111

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

PS: If anything the balancing of other classes will allow for the entry of more classes/builds to deal with things like meta condi chrono. This is a good thing.

Indirect is something you should look up.

Also please don’t post videos of non meta builds claiming counter. A condi Mesmer can hold out long enough vs a condi warrior for help to arrive or just out maneuver him.

Please use real examples next time

Are you suggesting bringing a “meta” build to a fight that isnt capable of doing the job?

I don’t think you realize how playing to win works.

You claim Meta Condi Chrono is “God tier”. I prove Meta Condi Chrono is HARD counterable (meaning utterly defeatable). You ignore/evade the argument as always.

FYI, in conquest, pushing the meta condi chrono off point for the decap is a victory for the fight. Of course the chrono can “avoid” (staff kite, f4 distortion). He looses the point regardless.

Any argument that “help can arrive” aka “Meta condi chrono saved by rotations” is at best a weak argument because A: That means his team is weaker on the other two points, and B: the other team can simply rotate to make it an even 2v2.

Please, continue with your “God tier” argument. I’d like to hear more

~Still a L2P issue.

I got the entire ESL pro league on my side bruh. You got yourself running a non meta warrior who you built to counter 1 specific build.

So can you tell me which team ran a power warrior in the finals? Can you tell me which teams ran condi mesmers ^^

Again come at me when you have legitimate examples and facts instead of “Look what I did in Hot Join bruh!”

Actually you’re wrong and misinformed as usual Azukas citing who you believe to know better but without understanding what they say or do for yourself.

In the pro league finals didn’t you think it was weird that TCG condi warrior ran the non condition damage greatsword?

Helseth explained the reasoning behind this afterwards on his stream (can’t link as you need to sub to see vods now) and that was that it allowed the warrior to win match ups it usually wouldn’t and they knew what the likely team comp of Rank 55 was.

Just to explain the point clearly: You adjust your builds to counter what you’re fighting. In Ross’ examples power warrior is alright against things that do not apply tons of poison and/or blinds which put him at a favourable match up vs mesmer, ele, druid and can do alright vs engy and rev. This is mostly due to CI and adrenal healing with HS giving 1k/s regen and blinds/blocks (note you can proc off pets) would shut it down hard.

Highlighted everything that mattered. Again come at me when you see a power warrior in the finals.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

We mesmers got buffed everywhere EVEN condi. The rest of the patch does indeed help the condi build unfortunately

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

P.S. Nothing was buffed that the meta condi chrono build uses. How this was missed by this mesmer is astounding. We mesmers know otherwise.

~Posturing like a boss.

Read the rest of the patch notes and you’ll see what i’m talking about. Was the build directly buffed no, but it was indirectly buffed.

“Indirectly buffed” You keep using that phrase. I don’t think you fully understand what it means though.

Just because other classes had their sustain toned down isn’t a buff to mesmers, not even indirectly. That is just class balancing. Making them easier to kill period is not a buff to mesmers, it just isn’t. All it does is bring them more in line with other classes.

So the build which was God tier last meta didn’t get nerfed but ALL the builds it faces/has problems with did…..and you claim it wasn’t indirectly buffed.

The defense rests.

Great, so you concede that S3 Condi Chrono build wasn’t buffed, and your statement was factually wrong. Glad we cleared that up.

Ooo facts, let’s go over some. Meta Condi Chrono was hard countered by both condi berserker and power berserker, and still is now. Meta Condi chrono has zero boon removal and can’t do anything to high resistant uptime. Condi chrono relies HEAVILY on blocks, and fails completely to unblockables. Condi chrono is susceptible to range pressure, has poor kiting ability, and zero stealth for target drop. Meta condi chrono has a single stun break, and zero stability, making it susceptible to CC/interrupt/lockdown. Meta condi chrono isnt weak by any stretch, and can have other lesser troubles not mentioned here (heavy direct aoe pressure killing clones for example), but if you don’t know how to take down a condi chrono, and thinks its super OP, it’s 100% a learn to play issue on your part.

Here’s how a typical fight goes against a meta condi chrono when you A: know what you’re doing, and B: come prepared (pro tip: note the unblockables shutting down all his “OP” defences, and his inability to escape heavy ranged pressure)

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

PS: If anything the balancing of other classes will allow for the entry of more classes/builds to deal with things like meta condi chrono. This is a good thing.

Also please don’t post videos of non meta builds claiming counter. A condi Mesmer can hold out long enough vs a condi warrior for help to arrive or just out maneuver him.

Are you suggesting bringing a “meta” build to a fight that isnt capable of doing the job?

You claim Meta Condi Chrono is “God tier”. I prove Meta Condi Chrono is HARD counterable (meaning utterly defeatable). You ignore/evade the argument as always.

FYI, in conquest, pushing the meta condi chrono off point for the decap is a victory for the fight. Of course the chrono can “avoid” (staff kite, f4 distortion). He looses the point regardless.

Any argument that “help can arrive” aka “Meta condi chrono saved by rotations” is at best a weak argument because A: That means his team is weaker on the other two points, and B: the other team can simply rotate to make it an even 2v2.

~Still a L2P issue.

I got the entire ESL pro league on my side bruh. You got yourself running a non meta warrior who you built to counter 1 specific build.

So can you tell me which team ran a power warrior in the finals? Can you tell me which teams ran condi mesmers ^^

Again come at me when you have legitimate examples and facts instead of “Look what I did in Hot Join bruh!”

Actually you’re wrong and misinformed as usual Azukas citing who you believe to know better but without understanding what they say or do for yourself.

In the pro league finals didn’t you think it was weird that TCG condi warrior ran the non condition damage greatsword?

Helseth explained the reasoning behind this afterwards on his stream (can’t link as you need to sub to see vods now) and that was that it allowed the warrior to win match ups it usually wouldn’t and they knew what the likely team comp of Rank 55 was.

Just to explain the point clearly: You adjust your builds to counter what you’re fighting. In Ross’ examples power warrior is alright against things that do not apply tons of poison and/or blinds which put him at a favourable match up vs mesmer, ele, druid and can do alright vs engy and rev. This is mostly due to CI and adrenal healing with HS giving 1k/s regen and blinds/blocks (note you can proc off pets) would shut it down hard.

Highlighted everything that mattered. Again come at me when you see a power warrior in the finals.

The claim was “Power AND condi berserker hard counter meta condi chrono”. So yeah, thanks for affirming you have no basis for an argument once again

You say: God Tier, needs a nerf. Got buffs this balance patch!!!! <- XD

People who know say: Solid build, strong, looking good all things considered. Not immortal, has weaknesses, and is counterable (both downable and able to be forced off point).

Reasonable people know: Hmm, if a supposedly God Tier class/build can get absolutely rekt by a “trash” non-meta build, maybe its not so God Tier afterall…

Anyway, this debate is pretty thoroughly defeated at this point. GG. See you next balance change I guess, Azukas.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

~Still a L2P issue.

The claim was “Power AND condi berserker hard counter meta condi chrono”. So yeah, thanks for affirming you have no basis for an argument once again

People who know say: Solid build, strong, looking good all things considered. Not immortal, has weaknesses, and is counterable (both downable and able to be forced off point).

Reasonable people know: Hmm, if a supposedly God Tier class/build can get absolutely rekt by a “trash” non-meta build, maybe its not so God Tier afterall…

Anyway, this debate is pretty thoroughly defeated at this point. GG. See you next balance change I guess, Azukas.

warrior condi or power counter condi mesmer due to resistance. sure mesmer can win if he is better at kiting los etc but will lose the point

on point fight the warrior has better chance to decap.

most of my fight versus good warriors if i manage to put them on low hp they run and if they manage to put me on low hp i run. if we both have stayed on point one of us would have died.

atm with boon removal mesmer might have the upper hand (short experiment so far with disenchanted)

also even when support mesmer was non viable meta i manage to play it and won fights versus the condi meta comp (warrior, mesmer, necro) which was the perfect hard counter to them . but no one played it

atm i think because of less healing builds we will see more support build which reduce dmg via protection, regen, weakness, blind etc… (mmm. maybe support mesmer will be back again….)

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

~Still a L2P issue.

You linked a power warrior build and I told you to gtfo with that power bullkitten. It’s not meta and tcg ran a condi warrior with a GS…..aka still condi

The condi mesmer isn’t going to get wtfpwnedonpoint in 0.02 seconds and a skilled player can hold out for help from a rotation if they are outmatched.

I honestly believe you need to stop posting and realize you’re just flat out wrong.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

If Mesmer can’t beat the warrior but can hold the point till help arrives that doesn’t make them God tier, that puts them at good enough to fill a role needed in the team tier.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

~Still a L2P issue.

Even after clearly explaining the point you still some how manage to completely be blinded by the need to be right. It was never about Drazeh sticking with the condition amulet and everything to do with him changing to what even Helseth said was a non meta weapon set to have the advantage against what they were playing. If power warrior had the advantage against the enemy comp (not likely because of sustain from ele, iDefender, bulwark gyro, high protection and sheer number of blocks on the enemy comp) then you bet your kitten they would have run power warrior.

This is what Ross does, he runs different amulets, skills and traits to adapt to and counter the meta.

Edit: in regards to being God tier, there have only been a few builds in GW2 history that have been that, cele ele at its peak, bunker mesmer and perhaps hambow warrior. Builds where there is practically no counter other than to outnumber and even that might not secure you a kill or even the point.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

~Still a L2P issue.

You linked a power warrior build and I told you to gtfo with that power bullkitten. It’s not meta and tcg ran a condi warrior with a GS…..aka still condi

The condi mesmer isn’t going to get wtfpwnedonpoint in 0.02 seconds and a skilled player can hold out for help from a rotation if they are outmatched.

I honestly believe you need to stop posting and realize you’re just flat out wrong.

It’s ok, beliefs can be wrong.

I’ve actually demonstrated why your statements are factually inaccurate. So bag on me all you like, it’s the facts you’re stumbling over.

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

~Still a L2P issue.

I’ve actually demonstrated why your statements are factually inaccurate. So bag on me all you like, it’s the facts you’re stumbling over.

no you havent

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

~Still a L2P issue.

no you havent

Azukas.1426

id really like to see you playing op mes , please record it in all game modes and story instance with those buffed skills . just curious , since you are the only one who denied basically whatever we said about mes , you must have some special mes gameplay .

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes, this is unfortunate

XD

~Posturing like a boss.

The defense rests.

~Much <3 4 Azukas.

~Still a L2P issue.

no you havent

Azukas.1426

id really like to see you playing op mes , please record it in all game modes and story instance with those buffed skills . just curious , since you are the only one who denied basically whatever we said about mes , you must have some special mes gameplay .

No need. This one time recording has already been provided, outlining the extent of it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

@Ross Biddle.2367

with all those immune , are you implying he is a war main shouting for great justice . that totally made a lot of sense now .

only one question left ,why Azukas.1426 math skill is failing so hard ?

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

@Ross Biddle.2367

with all those immune , are you implying he is a war main shouting for great justice . that totally made a lot of sense now .

Wrong thread bruh

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

@Ross Biddle.2367

Wrong thread bruh

spelling too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Fix inspiration sustain. It is the main thing keeping condi chronomancer alive. It is bad to pair conditions with sustain builds they should have a time limit where they blow all CD and take some hits. Their CD are realistically always up right now. This isn’t the problem mainly as there are holes in their defenses but being able to heal ontop of negate damage is like the nerfed evade regen ranger was on release.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Was this necessary? It was already a top build last season without these very powerful and game changing buffs.

*Mesmer *
For this update, the mesmer is receiving mostly baseline utility changes. Both the Phantasmal Disenchanter and Defender skills now have on-cast effects to gain a little more immediate effect and to differentiate the utility skill from the Mental Defense trait. Mirror Blade’s last bounce has also returned, offering higher damage to power builds.

• Mirror Blade: Increased the number of bounces produced by this attack from 3 to 4.
  • The Prestige: The number of burning stacks have been increased from 1 to 3 stacks for 3 seconds.
  • Illusionary Mage: The recharge of the mage’s attack has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds. Burning stacks have been increased from 1 to 2 stacks, with the duration reduced from 6 to 3. The missile velocity of the mage’s attack has been increased by 33%.
  • Signet of Midnight: This skill now delivers an unblockable attack and will no longer apply blindness through evade. This skill now applies 10 stacks of vulnerability as well as cripple for 5 seconds, in addition to blinding enemies.
  • Mirror Images: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 45 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Arcane Thievery: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 45 seconds to 35 seconds.
  • Mantra of Distraction: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 20 seconds to 12 seconds.
  • Power Lock: The recharge between uses has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Mantra of Resolve: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
  • Mantra of Concentration: The stability duration has been increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds per activation.
  • Phantasmal Defender: This utility skill now applies protection for 4 seconds in a radius around the mesmer. The damage reduction from this illusion has been reduced from 50% to 33%.
  • Phantasmal Disenchanter: This utility skill now delivers an additional attack when it is initially cast, removing boons from enemies and conditions from allies in a radius around the target.
  • Phantasmal Haste: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working with Illusionary Avenger.
  • Echo of Memory: Updated the skill fact for Echo of Memory’s duration.
  • Ineptitude: This trait will now track the internal cooldown for confusion application on a per-target basis. The blind earned from dodging and evading will now properly apply confusion as well.
  • Illusionary Inspiration: This trait will no longer activate Signet of Inspiration when phantasm casts are interrupted.

Hi Trevor. Can you do me a favor and underline the above changes that were, as you say, in the “already a top build” that you speak of?

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The entire ESL pro league?

I am trembling in fear now. All 6 of them? Really? Wow. Never seen this many data points for anything, ever.

Seriously, maybe, just maybe, an extreme outlier which also happens to be a tiny minority it not the data point you want to use to balance a game which affects 100% of the players by. Ok, sPvP, so 0,25% of the players are affected, buy you are talking about using 0,25% of the 0,25% of players to balance things by.

If you do that, near a video game, I feel sad for that game.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

I am trembling in fear now. All 6 of them? Really? Wow. Never seen this many data points for anything, ever.

Seriously, maybe, just maybe, an extreme outlier which also happens to be a tiny minority it not the data point you want to use to balance a game which affects 100% of the players by. Ok, sPvP, so 0,25% of the players are affected, buy you are talking about using 0,25% of the 0,25% of players to balance things by.

Profession break down on the qualifier matches what were the TOP professions used out of all the matches for EU?

Revs were top dog and druids/mesmers were 1 off.

I think that pretty much proves me right and each and everyone of you wrong. Thank you for playing…good day

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

So a league that prohibits class stacking, and the mesmer was “almost” on every team is your proof that its op?

I think it only proves that mesmer is in the top 5-6.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Profession break down on the qualifier matches what were the TOP professions used out of all the matches for EU?

I think that pretty much proves me right and each and everyone of you wrong. Thank you for playing…good day

Again, not in the slightest. You have a hint that someone should take a look at it. Without a bias, because well, all could be perfectly fine.

If you have 60000 of these tournaments and in each and every one, Mesmers were in each and every setup while no other class was even close in pick rate, then yes, hey, you got data to prove your point. But until then, you got a personal, subjective, feeling and a hint that pro-gamers might be biased in their picks due to their meta.

(which again is virtually irrelevant to 99% of us as the pro-gamers play a completely separate game and classes tend to not scale the same way with physical and gaming ability, meaning for Average Joe the balance might be quite off – and objectively so! – when it is fine for 300 APM Guy – and Joe Average would be quite right to complain about terrible balancing, because hey, balance is off for 99% of players and only right for 1% of them)

Plus as I said, we’re not even talking those numbers. 0,25% of 0,25% or something. The amount of viable information to be taken from that is … let’s say “inexistent”. If this were something relating to 80% of active players across all game modes, you’d at least have the benefit that whatever issue there might be would be wide-spread in impact.
But a tiny fragment of sPvP players? Seriously? A tree falls in the forest and so on…

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Bruh, mesmers aren’t taken for their damage. I can tell you that. Just because we have useful mechanics doesn’t mean we have to have our damage be so kittening low compared to other classes

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

I guess y’all are still in the denial stage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I just picked up on condi chrono a few days ago and can drop almost anyone I a 1v1 (aside from druid…its a long drawn out fight). The build I made is easy to play (Dire stats ftw) and doesn’t take long to grasp most concepts (still not used to shattering and not used to the new shatter that reverts HP/position/CD’s…etc).

Once I learn to remember, I think that the build will drop even druids.

Low risk/high reward indeed. Think I found my new WvW main (had a daredevil and druid before).

fyi…I don’t use shield or pistol

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

I just picked up on condi chrono a few days ago and can drop almost anyone I a 1v1 (aside from druid…its a long drawn out fight). The build I made is easy to play (Dire stats ftw) and doesn’t take long to grasp most concepts (still not used to shattering and not used to the new shatter that reverts HP/position/CD’s…etc).

Once I learn to remember, I think that the build will drop even druids.

Low risk/high reward indeed. Think I found my new WvW main (had a daredevil and druid before).

fyi…I don’t use shield or pistol

Yeah condi mesmer has always been strong in WvW roaming especially because of dire stats.

Try a non condition damage mesmer build and your viewpoint on mesmers would most likely change.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Oh man, you’re still going.

de•ni•al

n.
A refusal to comply with or satisfy a request.
n.
A refusal to grant the truth of a statement or allegation; a contradiction.

According to the definition you’re two for two. You made a bold, undeniably clear statement without justification. Then when asked to back up your statement and provide evidence, provided nothing but misdirection and, at best, conjecture. Here’s the statement so we can all marvel in astonishment-

Everything beyond the simple request and non-answer of yours has been a contradiction. Such as claiming others are in denial when, clearly, you’re projecting that very reality XD

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

de•ni•al

n.
n.

According to the definition you’re two for two. You made a bold, undeniably clear statement without justification. Then when asked to back up your statement and provide evidence, provided nothing but misdirection and, at best, conjecture. Here’s the statement so we can all marvel in astonishment-

Everything beyond the simple request and non-answer of yours has been a contradiction. Such as claiming others are in denial when, clearly, you’re projecting that very reality XD

You’re still trying huh?

Condi got buffed last patch for mesmers with torch buff. The condi shatter got buffed indirectly from all the nerfs other classes got.

The stalking is getting creepy mate

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Condi Mesmers don’t use torch

Posting in a thread isn’t stalking

Wtf is going on here?

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

de•ni•al

n.
n.

You’re still trying huh?

Condi got buffed last patch for mesmers with torch buff. The condi shatter got buffed indirectly from all the nerfs other classes got.

He’s not stalking you. Stop attacking other people on the forums in a desperate attempt to turn the subject away from the lack of support for your arguments.

Condi mesmer was not buffed. Condi mesmer didn’t and doesn’t use torch. Other classes getting nerfed is not the same thing as mesmer getting buffed. It isn’t, so stop pretending like it is. You have yet to provide any evidence whatsoever to support your claim, none.

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

de•ni•al

n.
n.

You’re still trying huh?

He’s not stalking you. Stop attacking other people on the forums in a desperate attempt to turn the subject away from the lack of support for your arguments.

Condi mesmer was not buffed. Condi mesmer didn’t and doesn’t use torch. Other classes getting nerfed is not the same thing as mesmer getting buffed. It isn’t, so stop pretending like it is. You have yet to provide any evidence whatsoever to support your claim, none.

Lack of support? You mean the fact that the entire pro league mirrors what I say? You mean the actual patch notes supporting what I say, or do you mean I don’t have support with the mesmer players who post on this forum?

Cause right now I’m using facts and examples and I’m up against blind fanatical opinion lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: atlashugged.7642

atlashugged.7642

If anything, this patch was a buff to a different flavor of condi mesmer, that does use the torch. I was enjoying Dueling/Illusions/Chrono before the patch, and now I’m enjoying it even more.

So the patch buffed an off the wall condi build, and a power build. Seems pretty good to me.

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

If anything, this patch was a buff to a different flavor of condi mesmer, that does use the torch. I was enjoying Dueling/Illusions/Chrono before the patch, and now I’m enjoying it even more.

So the patch buffed an off the wall condi build, and a power build. Seems pretty good to me.

The meta condi shatter mesmer was indirectly buffed by all the nerfs to other classes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Meh, even since HoT I’ve always preferred torch for both power and condi despite being inferior to Shield so the extra burn is welcome.

However you’ve still got to land prestige and the iMage is still as pathetic as ever. . . so it’s a very minor buff.

And the other indirect “buff” being nerfs to other classes? Well HoT elite specs are all still overpowered, meta condi mesmer can’t reliably boon strip (Disenchantet is easily cleaved and absolutely cannot compare with Shattered Concentration which is one of the best boon removal traits), can still be countered by other classes, still has to use glassy amulets (Viper, Carrion because both rabid and wanderer suck in terms of damage output…) and then is arguably more glass than power builds using Demolisher. I play condi mes with viper and can easily lose a huge fraction of health from say a single DH longbow auto attack… ie all defence is active defence just like power shatter.

So I hardly think there’s much buff there at all.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

Meh, even since HoT I’ve always preferred torch for both power and condi despite being inferior to Shield so the extra burn is welcome.

However you’ve still got to land prestige and the iMage is still as pathetic as ever. . . so it’s a very minor buff.

And the other indirect “buff” being nerfs to other classes? Well HoT elite specs are all still overpowered, meta condi mesmer can’t reliably boon strip (Disenchantet is easily cleaved and absolutely cannot compare with Shattered Concentration which is one of the best boon removal traits), can still be countered by other classes, still has to use glassy amulets (Viper, Carrion because both rabid and wanderer suck in terms of damage output…) and then is arguably more glass than power builds using Demolisher. I play condi mes with viper and can easily lose a huge fraction of health from say a single DH longbow auto attack… ie all defence is active defence just like power shatter.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Team-comp-at-the-WTS-Qualifier/first#post6281587

We’re sitting pretty atm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Team-comp-at-the-WTS-Qualifier/first#post6281587

We’re sitting pretty atm

I’d say we’re comfortable and floating on the water.

Any assertions of being buffed to godlike status (ie press one button everything dies while facetanking damage from 5 players) are gross exaggerations. We are still killable/beatable – this is what I’m arguing against.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

de•ni•al

n.
n.

You’re still trying huh?

Lack of support? You mean the fact that the entire pro league mirrors what I say? You mean the actual patch notes supporting what I say, or do you mean I don’t have support with the mesmer players who post on this forum?

Cause right now I’m using facts and examples and I’m up against blind fanatical opinion lol

God you really just don’t get it, do you?

in Mesmer

Posted by: HoneyBadger.5691

HoneyBadger.5691

Condi Mesmers don’t use torch

Posting in a thread isn’t stalking

Wtf is going on here?

You’ll see torch quite often in WvW because there isn’t a point to hold control of. It synergizes well with a stealth build, due to Prismatic Understanding (50% increased stealth duration, random boons in stealth) and The Pledge (torch skills recharge faster in stealth, torch skills remove a condition).

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Lack of support? You mean the fact that the entire pro league mirrors what I say?

All 25 of them? Really? :o

Ok, you have me convinced. Throw it all out, starting over. 25 players know best what is good for the other 1,6 million. Clearly.

(More so because well let’s face it, everyone plays sPvP, it’s the by-far most played game mode, and clearly indicative of the balance needs and realities in the entire game.)

Ok, and now without sarcasm:
Pro league? Really? A minority community within the minority game mode? I’m not saying these people don’t say Mesmers are too strong for their own needs right now, but we’re talking a tiny minority here. Yes they might have problems, but so do 35 guildies in a guild without Elementalist mains because they struggle on raid DPS.

Yes the opinion is valid, but it’s irrelevant to the game at large. It’s just such a tiny data point. Make a case of PvE issues in all areas of PvE, Open World, Fractals, Raids, story. Then you got an issue big enough to warrant actual balance consequences.

As long as the “issues” affect a minority, while bigger and more wide-spread (as in, affect more people) balance issues remain, why would anyone sensible really care?

If this were at my workplace, we’d file it under “later”. Yes it’s something to get back to, once all bigger issues are resolved, and then we first have to re-evaluate because the context will be all different.

So start with the big things:

• Clunky class-mechanic not actually fitting the class design.
  • Inherent competition between using illusions and destroying them.
  • Class-mechanic isn’t even context-free. Ok I guess it is now since it works with 0 illusions up, but the problem remains. Maybe clone/phantasm generation should be on our F-keys, not shatters. And shatter should be weapon/utility skills.
  • Overabundance of overly situational or marginalized utility and weapon skills. This is a bigger-than-Mesmer problem so it really ought to have priority. Either fix this by creating more situations for more skills to shine, or by folding/reducing/removing cruft.
  • Class-differences exist but are marginalized, except new design elements such as “healer”. Good approach, but needs to be more wide-spread. In raids we Mesmers already work as buffers, this needs to be spread to more situations and more roles to more classes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

guys its so easy – portal that’s it

remove it and no one use mesmer plain simple
also remove class stacking we will see DH bunker or dmg

portal keeping us in this top tier game nothing else

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

guys its so easy – portal that’s it

remove it and no one use mesmer plain simple
also remove class stacking we will see DH bunker or dmg

portal keeping us in this top tier game nothing else

No no no, it’s because S3 Meta condi chrono build is super duper mega googleplex OP, and the balance patch before S4 buffed S3 meta condi chrono in every single way so now its super duper mega googleplex infinity and beyond OP.

Cause, Azukas said so, because pro league players something something meta.

Rofl.

Anyway, back to some objective reality. Patch notes didnt buff meta condi chrono. Meta condi chrono does not use torch in PvP, because Shield is stronger in every single way for conquest game mode, and rebalancing of other classes is not, by definition, a “buff”. Even then, the re-balancing of other classes has actually seen the removal/shift of those so supposedly weaker classes/builds, and the introduction of other classes/builds that’ve seen meta condi chrono in a weaker place due to their presence (not to mention past nerfs that’ve brought meta condi chrono back down to earth). So overall, no buffs, and meta condi chrono is easier to counter than ever.

Leading us to the already stated and restated point, Chrono is only taken in that inconsequential part of the game that nobody plays (ESL) because it has access to portal. ~FIN

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I’m honestly wondering if you even know what the glamour build was and if you did why, out of all the different mesmer builds across the different modes over the years that people have whined about it, was it this build that is casuing so much anguish, hatred of Mesmers and night terrors?

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

I’m honestly wondering if you even know what the glamour build was and if you did why, out of all the different mesmer builds across the different modes over the years that people have whined about it, was it this build that is casuing so much anguish, hatred of Mesmers and night terrors?

I have a more fruitful exercise for you.

1. Go to a wall, preferably one you can echo off.
  2. Ask that question loudly at it.
  3. Repeat.

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

I abused it and posted the video that resulted in its nerfing in a thread a Lil while back. There were people saying the nerfing of said build was unjustified and wrong. These same people are very present in this thread….

(edited by Azukas.1426)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

That didn’t answer my question at all.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

I abused it and posted the video that resulted in its nerfing in a thread a Lil while back. There were people saying the nerfing of said build was unjustified and wrong. These same people are very present in this thread….

You lost the argument, so now you’re changing the topic to something that happened in the first year of the game. And using it as a general ad hominem attack against “those people posting in this very thread”

Well played XD

ad hominem

adj.
Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents’ motives.

I also love how you retell history with you at the epicenter XD lol

Well done on washing away all the nuance of mesmer, the meta, and those times all that time ago.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I abused it and posted the video that resulted in its nerfing in a thread a Lil while back.

heh

in Mesmer

Azukas.1426

You lost the argument, so now you’re changing the topic to something that happened in the first year of the game. And using it as a general ad hominem attack against “those people posting in this very thread”

Well played XD

ad hominem

adj.
Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents’ motives.

Well done on washing away all the nuance of mesmer, the meta, and those times all that time ago.

I didn’t make the video just posted the,one that got it nerfed because it showcased how broken it was. Did it in a thread awhile back where Fay and the gang were saying it didn’t need nerfing.

I think your having some issues and you’re welcome to PM if ya want

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Well played XD

ad hominem

adj.

I didn’t make the video just posted the,one that got it nerfed because it showcased how broken it was. Did it in a thread awhile back where Fay and the gang were saying it didn’t need nerfing.

“you’re” as in “you are”, not “your”. No, I’m good. I mean, sure, the things you come out with illicit all kinds of response, but I wouldn’t call them problematic. Laughter is universally a good thing isn’kitten Very humorous either way. Like, I know you’re (<- prime example – you are) dead serious, but sometimes I have to ask myself if you’re not an supremely good troll.

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Nerf forum bug pls.

#15FlyingQuaggans

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Players: we don’t like condition mesmer it requires no skill
ArenaNet : no problem, here is a power/interrupt alternative
Players: mesmer has a possible power-build? It’s op
Me thinking: maybe the hate does not stem from what we do but who we are…

Exactly that.
Jesus Christ be grateful we finally get to play power shatter again!

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Well played XD

ad hominem

adj.

“you’re” as in “you are”, not “your”. No, I’m good. I mean, sure, the things you come out with illicit all kinds of response, but I wouldn’t call them problematic. Laughter is universally a good thing isn’kitten Very humorous either way. Like, I know you’re (<- prime example – you are) dead serious, but sometimes I have to ask myself if you’re not an supremely good troll.

Nicht , dass Grammatik ist falsch!

Godkitten it! I knew there’d be something in there ;D

I have cell phone auto correct working for me….what’s your excuse?

p.s. I’m far from an english grammar expert, but I believe you’ve misused some commas in there as well.

I’m an awful speller and even worse with grammar. Duh.

See, I’m honest.