Chronomancer Traits

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

Quickness doesn’t affect movement speed (that’s what the super speed trait is for) and all our shatters are instant anyway. The trait will have no effect on shatter rate

I think the idea is that Quickness speeds up your skill activations, meaning you can use more skills before F5 expires.

Exactly. Since you need to reproduce some illusions. However, F5 isn’t required. You produce illusions, F3 to daze, gain quickness, reproduce illusion faster, F1. Alacrity may speed the process even further!

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Time Marches On – You move 25% faster. The duration of incoming movement-impairing conditions is reduced by 25%. (Cripple. Chilled, Immobilize)

:o

That’s a huge incentive to pick the trait line.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

All’s Well that Ends Well

Need an alternative trait “This won’t end Well” – wells deal bonus conditions/effects or whatever to enemies. :p

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

A couple gripes here:

• No ability to trait shield?
  • No further support for wells? That well trait is barely worth it. Should be at least 2 condis cleansed if you have to wait in the well for 3s. Or one Condi per pulse.

Regarding the shield I’m surprised but considering how #5 works I see why they wouldn’t introduce a -x% cooldown trait. However, there are several traits which benefit shield indirectly (+Alacrity duration, additional crit chance against slowed targets etc.).

But please, no condition removal per Well trait. This totally puts the nail into Glamours’ coffin, really. I don’t want to see anything like that on Wells.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

If wells cleansed a condition with each pulse or cleansed 3+ conditions at the end, that would make me consider using that trait. Otherwise it is way too weak in comparison with Delayed Reactions and Time Catches Up.

And as Xaylin said, If it was THAT powerful, that would rend Null Field useless.

I’d like to see a different trait in that spot. The rest is pure awesomeness

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

(edited by Ludovicus.7980)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

A couple gripes here:

• No further support for wells? That well trait is barely worth it. Should be at least 2 condis cleansed if you have to wait in the well for 3s. Or one Condi per pulse.

Regarding the shield I’m surprised but considering how #5 works I see why they wouldn’t introduce a -x% cooldown trait. However, there are several traits which benefit shield indirectly (+Alacrity duration, additional crit chance against slowed targets etc.).

But please, no condition removal per Well trait. This totally puts the nail into Glamours’ coffin, really. I don’t want to see anything like that on Wells.

I don’t mind the wells getting a little more condi removal. Null Field is still pretty handy because it strips conditions AND boons. Giving wells an extra 2-3 conditions removed makes this trait a little better without infringing on Null Field’s turf too much.

Even with that, it’s still not a super exciting trait. Even 10% cooldown reduction for Wells would be neat to see, if 20% + Alacrity is overpowered.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

Thank you so much! Tell Robert we love him. These traits look amazing. Maybe except for All’s Well that Ends Well…

Yes, please thank Robert and his team for coming up with some new and out-of-box ideas for the mesmer instead of just slapping on additional numbers to our current traits and calling it a day.

Unfortunately, because of how good this traitline is compared to our other traits, I think a lot of mesmers are gonna be hard pressed NOT to take this traitline. On first glance, Superspeed on Shatter seems like it should be a base line trait and how shatters should have worked from the beginning of launch. (Shatters not hitting targets reliably has been a fundamental complaint of mesmers from beta.) To make it available now in a traitline, seems rather unfair to the players who have been clamoring for this “fix”. (I’m calling it a fix because thats what it seems to me.)

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Quickness doesn’t affect movement speed (that’s what the super speed trait is for) and all our shatters are instant anyway. The trait will have no effect on shatter rate

I think the idea is that Quickness speeds up your skill activations, meaning you can use more skills before F5 expires.

Exactly. Since you need to reproduce some illusions. However, F5 isn’t required. You produce illusions, F3 to daze, gain quickness, reproduce illusion faster, F1. Alacrity may speed the process even further!

Quickness for skill activations I get, especially for skills with cast times.

But using quickness for clone production outside of GS2 and scepter auto.. Eh, Not seeing it. I highly doubt this trait will increase our shatter rate, because it’ll barely increase our clone production.

The trait is good for sure, and definitely grandmaster worthy, but I can’t see a shatter build going for this over Master of Frag, Deceptive Evasion and Mental Torment.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

How about:
All’s Well that Ends Well - Wells also activate end effect at creation. Wells remove conditions from allies when they end. (1 condition)

But using quickness for clone production outside of GS2 and scepter auto.. Eh, Not seeing it. I highly doubt this trait will increase our shatter rate, because it’ll barely increase our clone production.

The trait is good for sure, and definitely grandmaster worthy, but I can’t see a shatter build going for this over Master of Frag, Deceptive Evasion and Mental Torment.

So you’re saying that shatter mesmers (all pvp mesmers) will stay just that, mesmers. And not take Chrono at all? That possibility depresses me, as it’s the only playstyle I enjoy (crruently). Maybe an interrupt chrono will be a thing…

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

(edited by Ithamir.5928)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Everytime I read: “all numbers are a work in progress.”
What I read: “All numbers are subject to being nerfed and underwhelming”

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Oh, yeah, it has zero effect on shatter rate. I think it’s cool mainly because it lets the Chrono spam more stuff while Chronoshift is running.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

A couple gripes here:

Traited shield? The line comes alacrity, and also shield 4 has its own CD reduction built in to its effect. Seems covered.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: SeriusBlack.1963

SeriusBlack.1963

Tis might be a bit out of place here, but the Hrandmaster Minor is pretty strong “25% movementspeed” other classes need a signet for it. Can we have the same for Dragonhunter Minor Grandmaster? Call it like " On the Hunt" or something ^^ +10% dmg on range only works with longbow anyway, So another trait would be better to benefit all playstyles

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Quickness on shatter will be most useful in PvP, probably. Quickness stomps, y’know?

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

How to fix mesmer with the least work? Give it a specialization that everyone MUST HAVE.

Snow Crows [SC]

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Wow, some of this stuff really looks fantastic. Will be fun to try.

How long has Robert been working on gw2? It’s refreshing to finally have someone who understands mesmer interacting with the community.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Yeah, but weapon traits are more than cd reduction. They add something extra to what the weapon already has.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

First Impressions, some pretty good traits there.

All 3 GMs look good, though I agree with Chronophantasma spawning the Phantasms too close.

Improved Alacrity seems a bit lacking maybe something like a damage bonus when you have it to help with PvE.

Kinda dissapointed with the well trait, or maybe to be more exact the lack of them because giving it condi clense will be a good way to deal with bar compression so we can actually bring them but, like others have said, is should be 2 removed at the end or a condi cleansed per pulse and maybe some CD reduction.

1s Alacrity per shatter seems way too low, per illusion would be good.

10 thumbs up to Time Marches On.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Yeeeah…this is awesome. Thanks for being quick on getting these to us! Now I have to wait until the Ele Tempest to see which I want to main…gonna be hard pressed to beat that Chronomancer though.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

How does the chronolhantasm one work. On any shatter will recharge the phants lost?

Phants have an extra “life” (butterfly effect), so on their first shatter they dont die.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Also this doesn’t actually seem like that much alacrity :-/ The increase should be like 50-100%, not 33% (i.e. 1.5 or 2 seconds per shatter).

This^

With these extremely tiny values for alacrity, it feels like they just gave us a placebo…just to make us think we were getting something useful. I’m extremely doubtful these tiny amounts of alacrity are going to have any meaningful impact on our individual or group contribution. I’m also doubtful that we will even get any credit for anything less than a whole number of alacrity increase…ie 1.99 seconds of alacrity. Will that just round down or round up? Why not just give us some decent values for alacrity so we can actually notice it helping? 100% instead of 33% of a 1 second buff certainly wouldn’t be game breaking….especially when we are talking about personal alacrity…not even team alacrity. Especially when we are dealing with 45 second cd utilities.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Yeah, but weapon traits are more than cd reduction. They add something extra to what the weapon already has.

True. But I think our Shield is already pretty strong, even without the extra ‘flavor’. I’m happy to have a strong base weapon with a solid, skill-based recharge mechanic worked in and reserve the Trait slot for something more general.

I’d like to say the same is true for Wells. I think some folks were underwhelmed (underWELLmed) with them. 1 condition removed is pretty ho-hum. Look at a comparable trait in Inspiration.

That’s probably my only real gripe with the tree as is. It looks like a really solid start!

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Man, I had to think for a while before I realized how awesome Super Speed for illusions on shatter is.

For those who still don’t get it; This will effectively reduce the delay between you activating an offensive shatter skills (i.e Mind Wrack) and them actually getting to the target to explode. Even if they are crippled/chilled/slowed, Super Speed has a 100% speed increase, and while that can never go past the 25% in-combat cap, it will effectively override any movement speed penalty that the clone is under (something I have used to my advantage several times in PvP with Engineer Slick Shoes, as the toolbelt skill also applies Super speed.)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: voteforwinners.9576

voteforwinners.9576

Minor

• Time Splitter – Gain access to continuum split/shift which allows you to revert to an earlier point in time.
  • Flow of Time – Gain alacrity when you shatter. (1s)
  • Time Marches On – You move 25% faster. The duration of incoming movement-impairing conditions is reduced by 25%. (Cripple. Chilled, Immobilize)

Adept

• Time Catches Up – Activating a shatter gives your illusions Super Speed
  • Delayed Reactions – Interrupting a foe slows them. (3s of Slow)
  • All’s Well that Ends Well – Wells remove conditions from allies when they end. (1 condition)

Master

• Illusionary Reversion – Gain a clone after you activate a shatter skill.
  • Improved Alacrity – Alacrity applied to you lasts longer. (33%)
  • Danger Time – Gain additional critical hit chance against slowed enemies. (30%)

Grandmaster

• Lost Time – Every 3rd critical hit will slow your target. (2s of Slow)
  • Chronophantasma – Your phantasms respawn the first time they are shattered.
  • Seize The Moment – Gain quickness for each illusion you shatter. (1s of Quickness)

Just wanted to comment on a few:

Minor:
III -YESSSSSSSSSSH

Adept:
IV – faster mind wracks, something nice for shatter builds
VI – pretty useless

Master:
I find it hard to choose one better than the others, well done traits.

Grandmaster:
XI – rly nice
XII – stomping without stealth/distortion?

What I dont like is that DE should be minor because its bread&butter of every shatter build, if not most mesmers. Now you need to put 6 instead of 4 points to dueling for not much rly. Besides that I’m rly happy about the traits, were finally getting something good! That might even explain the offhand

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Consider 2s instead for the sanity of other players.

Also, why are the class mechanics Minor Traits?
Maybe these slots could be used for normal traits while the new classes mechanics are explained elsewhere.

Its like having a minor trait to Steal as a Thief…

(edited by MakubeC.3026)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

• Time Marches On – You move 25% faster. The duration of incoming movement-impairing conditions is reduced by 25%. (Cripple. Chilled, Immobilize)

Adept

Master

• Danger Time – Gain additional critical hit chance against slowed enemies. (30%)

Grandmaster

What the hell, ANet?

I mean, Greatsword perma slow, perma bonus 30% crit chance without fury and interrupts giving slow as well? And enchanced Dogged March and Traveler runes as a MINOR?

How am I supposed to fight this?

Comparing traits of Dragonhunter and Chronomancer…. The gap is so incredible that…aa..eh…

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Wells could probably cleanse 1 condition at cast plus one at the last tick, or simply remove 2 at the last tick. I can understand that having 5 cleansing skills for a total of 10 conditions removed might seem overpowered, but with wells being time-driven and lacking a stun-break (which means players will probably not equip one of them), and it won’t be as strong as it seems out.

Alternatively, anet can always slap a generic 20 CDR to the trait, but if that doesn’t also works (perhaps due to the design intent to have chronomancers manage alacrity well), then an additional, simpler effect could probably justify it. Confusion at the last tick, maybe, for additional support for confusion builds.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

And mesmer elite now is still more op than the guard one…
Free travelers rune speed (without even having to chose between that and something else trait wise) while guards just get only a 10% damage with a condition of needing to be greater than 600.
How come guards don’t get a speed trait?
Yeah, that seems fair…

Maybe because you guys already have two utilities granting full swiftness + stackable/low cd swiftness on staff + excellent weapon and utility based mobility skills. Not seeing room for you guys to complain. On top of that, you guys got your one weakness fixed with a true ranged weapon…much better than scepter. You guys still keep your meta spot with much better sustained damage than us and much better support than us. You really have no grounds to complain.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Niminion.1982

Niminion.1982

Well, I might actually be able to play an interrupt build when my target is slowed all the time lol.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

And mesmer elite now is still more op than the guard one…
Free travelers rune speed (without even having to chose between that and something else trait wise) while guards just get only a 10% damage with a condition of needing to be greater than 600.
How come guards don’t get a speed trait?
Yeah, that seems fair…

Maybe because you guys already have two utilities granting full swiftness + stackable/low cd swiftness on staff + excellent weapon and utility based mobility skills. Not seeing room for you guys to complain. On top of that, you guys got your one weakness fixed with a true ranged weapon…much better than scepter. You guys still keep your meta spot with much better sustained damage than us and much better support than us. You really have no grounds to complain.

As a Guardian, I completely agree. Even though a lot of us wanted a movement trait. We still got a solid ranged weapon and soft cc so I can’t complain. Cheers to you mesmers for getting solid traits.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

After the skills, and now this, I’m definitely going Chronomancer. I’m afraid I’m not skilled enough to optimally use all the fancy time stuff, but the Specialization covers pretty much every issue I had with Mesmer, so I’m still going to be way better off playing it.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

As usual guardians get slap in the face….only class without passive speed trait. GG Anet.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I don’t mind the wells getting a little more condi removal. Null Field is still pretty handy because it strips conditions AND boons. Giving wells an extra 2-3 conditions removed makes this trait a little better without infringing on Null Field’s turf too much.

Even with that, it’s still not a super exciting trait. Even 10% cooldown reduction for Wells would be neat to see, if 20% + Alacrity is overpowered.

Null Field isn’t used that frequently. If any Well had that amount of condition removal, you might as well scrap Null Field. The boon removal is already overshadowed by other skills and traits. So is the condition removal. Additionally, in many cases damage from Wells + condition removal would be better than condition removal + boon removal since boon removal is rather conditional (e.g. PvE).

Don’t get me wrong – I love Null Field. I frequently use it in PvP. But I hardly can justify using it nowadays. Usually other options are just better and more applicable. Most of the time you just need one of it’s functionalities not both which reduces its overall usefulness. Null Field just can’t take even more competition.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

As usual guardians get slap in the face….only class without passive speed trait. GG Anet.

Yeah, as usual, the class that has been in the meta for every aspect of the game is getting slapped in the face again … it must be so hard being part of every meta … obviously always part of the meta due to all of those slaps to the face … /eyeroll.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Dragon Hunters can keep perma cripple on Mesmers, just saying.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Yeah, as usual, the class that has been in the meta for every aspect of the game is getting slapped in the face again … it must be so hard being part of every meta … obviously always part of the meta due to all of those slaps to the face … /eyeroll.

Dont forget you are too in the meta. Thats not the reason for it. I guess they want to destroy guardians from that every aspect of the game….

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

My thoughts:
- All’s Well that Ends Well: As many have already said, this seems very underwhelming. Wells are on long cooldowns, and the final pulse is a very delayed reward. Suggestions:
1) Final pulse grants condi resistance for 1/2s
2) Each pulse clears a condi with the final pulse converting previously removed condis to boons
3) Have final pulse remove 2/3 condis

- SWAP Time Marches On and Seize the Moment. Time Marches On is powerful innate movement and anti-cc that changes how the Mesmer handles swiftness and condi removal usage. It will create a playstyle choice of: More control with one GM. Phantasm with shatters on the second GM. Or possibly anti-control and speed with the third GM. Seize the Moment would continue the existing reward of using your shatters of alacrity and then also granting quickness.

Everything is looking pretty amazing on Chronomancer. Mesmser lockdown builds can easily change the swing of fights, but as most lack killing power and are tough to play, they’re not often used. With this, I can see many curling up and crying when one comes up to the point in a purple flash.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Riko.1309

Riko.1309

Mesmer has always been one of my favourites between Ele and Engi and I can’t wait to play chronomancer.
These look great!

Jacquie – Elementalist – Tarnished Coast

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Dont forget you are too in the meta. Thats not the reason for it. I guess they want to destroy guardians from that every aspect of the game….

There’s a difference between being the rock solid backbone of every meta across all three game modes and being reluctantly allowed in to make use of one or two tricks we have access to.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Fellow guardians need to stop bickering in here. We got solid additions. You can’t(shouldn’t) have everything.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

There’s a difference between being the rock solid backbone of every meta across all three game modes and being reluctantly allowed in to make use of one or two tricks we have access to.

Precisely what he said.

Heck, to quickly disprove your little “Mesmers are part of the meta too” … what does GWEN stand for in WvW? Sure as heck doesn’t include an M in there for Mesmer.

More thinking … less uneducated opinion … thank you.

Heck, at least our developer thinks about giving some counterplay to our good stuff.

Have a Guardian pop his shield. Now I can hit it and be blocked and gain burning … or let it blow up in my face … or simply get the heck away. Either way, the Guardian is going to benefit … unless he’s dumb enough to wait till low and I have greatsword out (Mirror Blade is unblockable … thank God).

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

(edited by Sebrent.3625)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Hope not too much nerf between now and the HOT release

Attachments:

(edited by Nieguen.6235)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

Now we need to see alacrity and wells in game for a rough estimation of our dungeon DPS, we have no damage modifier so it’s a bit tricky.
I’m also drooling at the idea of a 5 chronomancer party, 10 party-wide alacrity wells + 100s (technically 110, not even counting boon duration bonus) of time warp <= by the time the 5th one is done, the 1st one should have TW and F5 off CD…. xD

(edited by arkealia.2713)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I literally went OMGLOL on this.
woohoo! \o/

• Time Catches Up – Activating a shatter gives your illusions Super Speed

Amazing!

Very good!

• All’s Well that Ends Well – Wells remove conditions from allies when they end. (1 condition)

This could use some help: what about one condi removed when you drop the well (so you can use it to timely remove condis) and one at the end? Ok, we’re talking Chronomancers, but we can predict if we’ll be immobilized in 3 seconds (yet)

This helps making Chronomancy viable for shatters by itself and really strong with Dueling and Illusions. Power shatter can even drop Dueling for Domi…

• Improved Alacrity – Alacrity applied to you lasts longer. (33%)

It’s hard to tell without playing it how good this will be, but seems solid!

This one, too, seems very good!

WOW!
(please no ICD, no ICD! we promise we won’t crit much!)
(does it work on shatters?)

• Chronophantasma – Your phantasms respawn the first time they are shattered.

This looks VERY strong for PVP and a decent option for PVE (and keep in mind we didn’t see much about the PVE in HoT).

Seize The Moment – Gain quickness for each illusion you shatter. (1s of Quickness)

It’s hard to tell if I would take it over the others… access to quickness is so rare right now that I can’t imagine how the playstyle changes when you have many ways (on short cooldown) to access it. But sounds good!

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

For All’s Well that Ends Well; I’m not sure if asking for more condition removal is the way to go. You have to remember that Mesmers already have Null Field, and it would be kinda silly to ask Anet to have the wells trait make Wells a better option for removing conditions for your group (because they would also damage/buff and therefore do more than remove conditions) than the Mesmer skill designed to remove conditions from your group.

That being said, just having it remove a condition seems kinda weak. Maybe a cooldown reduction based on how many people are hit with the final effect? That would reward teamwork with your allies (calling a well with a beneficial effect at the end so everyone can stack and reap the rewards) and intelligent use of the offensive wells by using them when the enemy has little chance of escaping before the final tick goes off.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Adept

Master

Grandmaster

What the hell, ANet?

I mean, Greatsword perma slow, perma bonus 30% crit chance without fury and interrupts giving slow as well? And enchanced Dogged March and Traveler runes as a MINOR?

How am I supposed to fight this?

Comparing traits of Dragonhunter and Chronomancer…. The gap is so incredible that…aa..eh…

Oh its ok man.

Pretty sure everyone will get wrecked by Mesmers, we are all in the same boat!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

This helps making Chronomancy viable for shatters by itself and really strong with Dueling and Illusions. Power shatter can even drop Dueling for Domi…

Drop Illusions. It doesn’t do much for you now that IP is standard. Domination, Dueling, Chrono. Tons of clones, powerful shatters, easy comboing.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Drop Illusions. It doesn’t do much for you now that IP is standard. Domination, Dueling, Chrono. Tons of clones, powerful shatters, easy comboing.

15% faster shatters. 20% illusion resummon time (better than alacrity even if you do it every second off cooldown)
phantasmal haste
master of fragmentation.

i mean you can live without it, but you are losing a lot of power whether you are condi, shatter or phantasm by dropping illusions.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

How about:
All’s Well that Ends Well - Wells also activate end effect at creation. Wells remove conditions from allies when they end. (1 condition)

So you’re saying that shatter mesmers (all pvp mesmers) will stay just that, mesmers. And not take Chrono at all? That possibility depresses me, as it’s the only playstyle I enjoy (crruently). Maybe an interrupt chrono will be a thing…

Nah, you can’t get Continuum Shift(F5) without training into chrono. I can almost guarantee there will be both Mesmers and Chronomancer out on the battlefield. I’m saying that there’s still a good reason to stick with vanilla Mesmer, which is good. I wouldn’t want being chronomancer an absolute requirement to be viable.

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

A trait to make shatters land before they die to a zerg.

nah the clones will die to aoe anyway.

A minor to gain 25% movement speed that any other class gets high to permanent swiftness uptime via weaponskills while we’re stuck with a temporal curtain that doesn’t even renew swiftness and has an uptime of 12 seconds per 25 seconds.

Reduced cripple/chill/immob duration, which is useless in PvE since everything gets cleansed immediately in group content.

did you really complain about that trait? you mention WvW and a second later you forget about it? this trait is huge for PVP mesmers and a nice addiction for every mesmer in general.

All’s Well that Ends well is the only real PvE option of that trait tier. Delayed Reactions is underwhelming for PvE given the attack intervals of mobs and the weakness of interrupts in PvE (all of them high cooldown except for offhand sword). And a well with large cooldowns removing a single condition is just a bad trait.

I agree that removing one condition, on a delay (after 3 seconds) and with a positional requirement (stand inside the well) isn’t very appealing. But I think the interrupt trait might be useful in HoT PVE.

1 second of alacrity per shatter. And some alacrity from a long cd well. 33% duration increase is a marginal effect given the uptime of alacrity on the mesmer.

Yep, if it’s only 1 second per shatter and not per illusion shattered, this trait could use a buff.

It’s gonna basically be All’s Well that ends Well, Illusionary Reversion (to keep compounding power uptime), and Chronophantasm.

isn’t 30% crit chance on slowed targets better than 3% damage? you could give up assassin’s and go full zerk if you can make sure you have slow on the target during the reflects