Future Balance Patch

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Hello, I created this personal post, clean and organized, to discuss my suggestions and ideas for the future balance patch for mesmer. In the spirit of sharing and shuffle some suggestions with you. ¡The goddess Lyssa caution us and bring us to glory in the fighting!

Since they are commenting on the balance patch for mesmer future, and most of the people here are asking for mesmer.

I do not like to see the typical Nerf, which then becomes useless skills and traits, few competent with other skills, and with a high Cd time.

For example, here are asking nerf for the elite skill to Moa. What would be next? For typical: Increased time Cd, and reduces the effect to 5s, or even worse, destroying an elite completely, and so on with other skills and traits.

I will suggest some balances and improvements as well. (Most people skills here said). What I ask you please to ArenaNet, is that if they are going to nerf some traits or skill, please, change it into something more practical or reduce a low effect, but not destroy skills / traits, with increase a high recharge time or reducing completely effects, as it did in its day with the skill Well of Precognition

We prefer skills with little recharge time or maximum 60s, to make it more practical. We do not want skills with recharge of 90 seconds, and that can only be used once in a great while…

I suggest (The words highlighted in bold, are the my ideas of new balances and changes. And words on Italic text is my commentary that made that change):

Skill (Profession mechanic and Weapon skills)

Continuum Split (I’m not wanting and asking for it, but if a future nerf possibility arises, i suggest this, that to what could much worse.)

It is clear that most OP, is in this mechanic specialization, the power to use twice the same elite. Sooner or later, it will be nerfed, and I do not want to nerf, but to get worse situations, I prefer to go ahead and suggest other ideas about nerf, before the nerf is much worse.

Destroy all your illusions and create a rift in the time space continuum. It expires when you use a Elite Skill or time off, you will revert back to this point with your previous health, endurance and skill recharges. Duration increases per illusion shattered.

This is a possibility, we can not use double elite skill. What else would occur better to you?

It is also possible that the mechanic can not nerf specialization, and only the Signet nerf Moa.

Staff (This is a suggestion on the phantasm of staff, in case a change for the better.)

Phantasmal Warlock
Mechanical skill changed

It Removed “Extra damage per condition: 10%”. Now inflict Torment and increase the durations of conditions per each conditions on enemy.

Reduce direct damage done (50% less)

Fix to range attack 1200 (now not 900 or less)

It has increased somewhat the velocity projectile of phantasm.

Now bounce the projectile attack

Damage: 302
Torment x3 (5s)
Increase of Duration per condition: 2%
Number of Bounces: 4
Umbral: 10%
Range: 1,200

The Staff is a weapon designed for condition damage, not for direct damage, hybrid weapons are not good, so it is better more conditions. The projectile is very slow and imprecise, a increase few of speed for projectile is good.

Scepter

It has increased a little the speed of projectile attacks scepter. (A 0,3s more fast)

Illusionary Counter

Now, when you get to block an attack, grant Mirror.

When you block a attack, grant Mirror and counter by applying Torment, creating a clone that casts Ether Bolt.

Damage: 367
Torment x5 (5s)
Mirror: 1s
Block Duration: 2s
Range: 900

With this addition of mirror, we have a little more help against attacks distances, competing with a new version different of main-hand sword, especially Blurred Frenzy .

Sword Off-Hand

Illusionary Riposte

Now, when you get to block an attack, you grant Swiftness.

Channeling for block the next attack. When you block a attack, you grants Swiftness and counter, create an illusion when attacked.

Damage: 734
Swiftness (1s)
Block Duration: 2
Range: 900

This addition helps a little, to react in combat, if we flee or approach the enemy.

Torch

The Prestige

It has increased the inflict burn, and a few of duration

x3 Burn (4s)

Really now, with 30s of recharge time for to inflict only x1Burn … is really poor, with this change compensates and becomes more just.

Phantasmal Mage

Reduce direct damage done (25% less)

Fix to range attack 1200 (now not 900 or less)

Increase the inflict burn, and reduce of duration

It has increased somewhat the velocity projectile of phantasm.

Increase a few number of Bounces

Create an illusion that burns foes and grants fury to allies.

Damage: 252
Fury (3s)
Burn x2 (3s)
Number of Bounces: 4

With this change, Phantasmal Mage is very usable and becomes a feasible weapon damage condition

Utility

Null Field

Now is unblockable.

Portal Entre and Portal Exeunt (I’m not wanting and asking for it, but if a future nerf possibility arises, i suggest this, that to what could much worse.)

Now has a life bar and can be destroyed when they are active, similar a Continuum Split

With this add, It is more difficult to keep active the portal, and can it is counter. It would be partly an Nerf right, without having to punish or destroy the concept of this skill.

That’s what suggest to me, it could be much worse nerf, so I prefer to suggest it, that will increase to 120 seconds, or worse, as change range 5000 to 3000, etc.

Veil

Mechanical skill completely changed

Create a field of energy that grants stealth on all allies and reveals the enemies in the area.

Stealth: 1s
Revealed: 1s
Duration: 3s
Pulses: 3
Radius: 240
Combo Field: Light

With this change, get a fully usable skill and practice, and to all areas, pve, pvp and WVW.

Arcane Thievery

Reduce the recharge time of 45 to 30 seconds.

The necro have Corrupt Boon
with the difference that the mesmer steals the blessings of enemies, it would be fair that the recharge time is reduced, for to be more practical.

Illusion of Life

Mechanical skill completely changed

Time recharge reduce of 120 to 90 seconds.

Reduce the effect of 15 to 3 seconds.

Infuse your allies with ether energy. Allies who would take lethal damage while is infuse, ignore the deathblow and active a effect of Illusion of Life. This allies can not dead while Illusion of Life is active. Illusion of Life expire if Endurance bar runs out or time off. If the effect expires naturally, grant a Chaos Armor.

Infuse of Illusion of Life (5s) (Effect no active, only put on)
Illusion of Life (3s): Take no damage from attacks and grant Resistance each seconds.
Resistance 1s
Chaos Armor 5s
Number of Targets: 3
Radius: 240
Prevents Capture-Point Contribution

A big change as well, as if it were a new skill, would use more, not that ability that is rarely used because of its high cost of recharging time becomes. It will also be competent skills against other professions, and becomes very practical, more than one would think of strategies.

Elite

Mass Invisibility

Increase the duration of stealth of 5 to 8 seconds.

The objective of this elite is to be in stealth to ambushes, engineer with normal skills can put up 7s stealth …

Signet of Humility (I’m not wanting and asking for it, but if a future nerf possibility arises, i suggest this, that to what could much worse.)

Reduce the recharge time of 180 to 90 seconds.

Reduce te effect Moa of duration of 10 to 5 seconds.

With such a change, the Moa effect becomes less effective, but not punish or destroy the elite itself with reducing recharge time, so it will be more practical and not become a little usable skill by a nerf.

Also it occurs to me:

On a version of Signet of Domination but more powerfull

Reduce the recharge time of 180 to 45 seconds.

Reduce the effect Moa of duration of 10 to 3 seconds.

Now is unblockable

In this case, if not nerf the mechanical specialization, the skill elite moa has been reduced, but now can apply its effect more repeatedly, I prefer something like it, that would increase the recharge time to 240 seconds, or worse.

Time Warp

Reduce recharge time of 180 to 120 seconds.

That’s all for today, later I will put my suggestions for traits. Comment your ideas or suggestions. What seem them?

This post is to provide ideas, shuffling traits and skill, for healthy competition against pvp, pve and WVW.

At no time did I seek superiority over other professions, if you do not agree with any my suggestion, etc. Simply you comments that are disagree and discuss their reasons, but please do not turn this post into a hotbed of pros and cons.

Respect and greetings.

(edited by Angel de Lyssa.4716)

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Heya

I’m a pve only player, focusing on raids and optimizing team comps, builds and playstyle.

We aren’t op, we are balanced now and many here feel unconfortable because all the years Mesmer was weak and nothing else but a portal btch …

The desire to suggest nerfs to ourselves exists only to easier endure actual nerfs that might happen or to not have to cry about nerfs you’ve been fearing all the time even tough they might never happen because WE ARE BALANCED!

Greez

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

While not all of these suggestions are horrible, I’m pretty comfortable in saying that most are horrible. That being said, no dev is ever going to read this thread, so I’m not too worried.

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Removing direct damage from an attack entirely, just means we can use it without being revealed and that attack is nerfed severely in a hybrid setup – neither of those things are good.

I like your suggestion for Veil though – that could very interesting for WvW, although it would perpetuate Mes/Chrono utility bot nature somewhat.

Gandara

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

Wow, just wow, is this a suggestion coming from a mesmer player?
This is why I am starting to hate mesmer forum: more nerf us plz thread.

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Very well, understand the hatred of the mesmer, is typical since from Guild Wars 1, I hope not nerf Arenanet for mesmer.

Can not avoid impertinent comments on this post, it was very evident and I expected, very noticeable the age differences.

At no time did I waste my time, because I always do what I like, and write this post i like has always liked to suggest ideas.

This post is to discuss and shuffling ideas, make new ones, etc. I’m not asking any analysis or comment on whether correct or not you think my proposals.

Nor I ask you to fulfill all what I propose here, simply make suggestions.

Less hate and more love for mesmer.

Later I will change some balance ideas. It seems that any my proposal frightens and generate more hate.

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: myren.5490

myren.5490

No, your post isn’t frightening because anet does not care about these balance posts. About 99% of your suggestions harm the mesmer indefinitely and only paints your suggestions as Nerf pls. I don’t understand how you can call yourself a mesmer and offer these changes. Trust me angel you are scaring no one.

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Most of these suggestions are horrible and (even worse) bias towards condi builds

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The desire to suggest nerfs to ourselves exists only to easier endure actual nerfs that might happen or to not have to cry about nerfs you’ve been fearing all the time even tough they might never happen because WE ARE BALANCED!

Actually, the OP raises an interesting point: Why do we require having the elite spec just to use our elites?

If anything, removing elites from Split and ~halving their CD should be the way to go, exactly as he/she did with the Time Warp, as an example.

The problem is here is not how much power we have, but how it is distributed.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

Just in case you haven’t seen this yet: https://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/59358678
approximately 25 mins. into video the question come about Mesmers and patch. Taken from post in the PvP forum.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Just in case you haven’t seen this yet: https://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/59358678
approximately 25 mins. into video the question come about Mesmers and patch. Taken from post in the PvP forum.

Yeah I saw that and it’s a very accurate statement on the state of mesmers by 2 really good players. Funny that it echoes exactly what I’ve been saying since the last patch LOL.

I do hope that they “tone” down the rest of the classes in the meta as well when they take a look at mesmer.

Let’s strap in boys it’s going to be interesting

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

I updated and edited some suggestions. Soon I will make suggestions for other traits.

I remind you that i not wish nerf for the mesmer, indeed, I worry about whether it will nerf, so, instead, I propose some come nerf if any, because it could be much worse. Still, I only suggest ideas, nothing more, do not want and wish the worst for mesmer, only the healthy and right for a competent good game. Do not misunderstand.

Regards

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

They basically argue that most of the elite specs are overtuned and need nerfs, including chrono.

Sam is the only one who picks on mesmer more than other professions (he even calls for a portal nerf after Jebro teases him about harping on mesmers 51:45). To be fair, it makes sense that he'd feel this way considering he plays on a Pro League team that doesn't have a mesmer. About the next patch, he even says (26:00):

It doesn’t matter which class will be meta, with six players that we have currently we have almost every class on our team that we can go for. The only problem would be if mesmer would be too strong that I actually need to compete with the top mesmers in EU again.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

Future Balance Patch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Actually, the OP raises an interesting point: Why do we require having the elite spec just to use our elites?

If anything, removing elites from Split and ~halving their CD should be the way to go, exactly as he/she did with the Time Warp, as an example.

The problem is here is not how much power we have, but how it is distributed.

I agree on this one entierly! Great point!

Great point, totally agree but they also have to adjust the elites to the current meta! It’s not supposed to be a buff or a nerf, rather a QoL change.

• CS does no longer affect elite skills
  • Time Warp cd reduced to 90s
  • Mass Invisibility cd reduced to 45-60s or Mass Invisibility duration increased to 10s
  • Signet of Humility cd reduced to 90s
  • Gravity Well cd reduced to 45-60s

So they indeed fit to the current situation and they will be strong already even without the elite spec and CS.

It also helps the Mes in PvP or in general to use CS more frequently and more for survivability without feeling bad like “oh no now I can’t use TW / Moa” etc..

Greez!
- Xyo

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)